Reviews of Monte Carlo Inn Vaughan Suites 3 stars

705 Applewood Crescent, L4K 5W8 Vaughan, Canada

#8 of 15 hotels in Vaughan

• Standard King Room

Front desk staff all appeared to be demotivated. The reception and assistance was poor. I didn't encounter this anywhere else in Toronto during my stay.

Cleaning staff, comfortable bed.

• Standard King Room

The continental breakfast, usually includes, scrambled eggs, waffles, and sometimes sausages, or bacon. This was cold cereal, toast bagel, fruit, and yogurt. Not a lot of choice.

Bathtub in the room didn’t work properly, the maintenance guy did get it fixed. After 3 try’s.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The beds were extremely firm and uncomfortable in our opinion. Some may really enjoy the firmness though. This was just not our preference.

The staff was friendly and helpful. The housekeeping staff placed my sons teddy bear on his pillows everyday and he loved that :)

• Traditional Queen Room

Front desk staff not helpful at all; too rigid. Just for one-hour grace to checkout at noon they wanted to charge extra, but the manager waived the charge. The breakfast is very simple; they kept pushing for extras at extra costs - a nuisance. No fan in the bathroom !

• Standard King Room

The elevators were very slow and the door closed button did not work. Just a minor incovience.

Staff was very friendly and helpful. Our room was big with the most comfortable bed I have ever slept on. The motel was spotless! Plus the restaurant was very spacious with excellent food that was not over priced. The location is just off of hwy 7 and the 400 which is great for those who don't care for city driving. Plus it is walking distance to shopping and the subway and bus station. We will be back again!

• Standard King Room

Breakfast was complimentary but extremely basic. What i found most disappointing is that our fire alarm went of at 2.00am because of an empty battery, something we already informed them on the afternoon before.at that time We've asked them to replace the battery which they did not- resulting in us waking up in the middle of the night because of this. Next morning it wasn't even mentioned when we checked out. I believe it would have been appropriate to aplogize to your guests for such things.

Nice rooms and clean.

• Standard King Room

Slow elevator, vending machine main floor would not work, bathroom floor was dirty and sticky, toilets are small and low,window blinds wouldn’t close 100%,hall light was coming thru the door.

Bar and grill on site

• Whirlpool Suite

I traveled with my family to visit Toronto and nearby places. We stay in Monte Carlo for one night and we enjoyed the whirlpool suite experience. Will recommend staying here.

• Standard King Room

I mentioned my entire stay in the paragraph above.

The check-in: was fast, I arrived about 30 mins before usual check-in time and my room was ready. So, again this was my experience, the front desk person was apathetic, did not smile or seem welcoming in any way, no asking why I was there, if I needed directions or recommendations while in the area. I get it, the type of position it is, but I have stayed at many hotels, and when you are greeted in a warm and friendly manner, the other shortcomings don't seem as noticeable. The room: was standard, I did appreciate that there was a mini fridge, a microwave, and a safe to lock valuables. There was also a coffee maker. The cleanliness of the room was great, no issues there, the bed was ok, I've had better and worse, if you depend on the complimentary toiletries, don't here, all was there was bar soap, and shampoo only, so no conditioner, no mouthwash, no shower cap.. again these things don't matter to me personally, I'm a woman so I bring all my personal things which goes without saying, but this is just for information purposes so you know what to expect and not. The location is fabulous if you are there for shopping, there are huge plazas within 5 mins or less so very ideal if that is the purpose of you trip. I was there for business, and it was located about a 3 min drive for where I had to be the next morning so that worked out really well. The breakfast is continental, so I saw bread, mini croissants, muffins, cookies, yogurt, fruit, coffee and juice. If you wanted to have something proper, you could pay extra which is what I did, I had 2 eggs and hashbrowns and was charged $5 so that is more than reasonable. Overall, even though I have no real issues or complaints, and I'm not sure of the upgraded suites or rooms they have there, I think I was in a standard King room, so for a standard room, depending on reason for your stay, I wouldn't pay anymore than say $150/nt.

• Traditional Queen Room

We didn’t like the fact that we couldn’t get a hold of the front desk. We were on hold for our 20 minutes and then we were hung up on. We would have easily gone downstairs but there was only one elevator working, which was EXTREMELY slow. We also had numerous problems checking in.

The King bed was comfortable and our room was spacious.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

One of the elevators was down so there were long wait times as the hotel was fully booked.

The bed was beyond comfortable. The room was huge and very clean. The staff were polite and helpful.

• Whirlpool Suite

The curtains in our room didn't cover the whole window because some metal piece was stuck at the top, so it was quite bright early in the morning.

The jacuzzi in the room was quite enjoyable. The bed was big and comfortable.

• Whirlpool Suite

The front desk could have been more friendly. Very very bad hard mattress, that got my back jammed for a entire day. Had to visit a doctor. Costed a lot. Cheap polyester sheeting made from the cheapest polyester No free water bottles in the room. Chargeable Eggs not included in breakfast so chargeable Poor spread in breakfast. Overall what seemed cheaper then the other hotel options turned out to be more expensive !!

Just the location

• Whirlpool Suite

The girl at the front desk was awful and rude and I spelled my name 4 times before I finally gave her my drivers licence to spell it herself. This made me feel invoncienced but the way she was speaking to me and I won’t be coming back to that location when I have another wedding to attend in July.

The room was nicely made

• Whirlpool Suite

It was a bit too overpriced for a 3 star hotel, location made it. I got better deals in 4-5 star hotels in different areas. Staff was decent and courteous. Also, the fire alarm went on at 4am and everyone had to leave, my partner and I went to bed late, so that was inconvenient. Apparently there was a party on the 4th floor and they were smoking and the sounds went off, that made sense as to why the floor smelled like an ashtray.

The Jacuzzi was great, hotel was super clean, location was close for my business commute in the morning, it looked better than the photos online, breakfast was decent (more choices than expected, but eggs and meat should be included in the price).

• Traditional Queen Room

the fire alarm went off at 4 am due to some moron smoking weed in the stairwell,had to sit in lobby for half hour till firemen cleared us to go back in,not even an apology or discount from desk staff for the inconvenience,will never stay there again!

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I would barely call the breakfast that was served breakfast. Why do I have to at extra for eggs and bacon? Shouldn't that be included in the breakfast you advertise for the money I pay for the room? I've stayed a lower quality places that had better breakfasts.

Large room. Dinner at the restaurant was very good.

• Standard King Room

Bathrooms were clean but room itself feels like it can get more freshened.

Staff accommodated my request to change rooms 2 days into my 4 days (I was originally put on ground floor and found it noisy) Overall staff is friendly and helpful. Breakfast was decent with pastries, toast, oatmeal, yogurt, fruits. Good distance ftom the airport (15min outside rush hr)

• Standard King Room

The beds are extremely comfortable, there are no shortage of pillows either and they are also softer than any places I have stayed at for this price point. The breakfasts were superb and had a fantastic selection of items. The WiFi is quite fast as well. I stayed here each time I visited Vaughan. I have been coming here for several months now. I love the Central Location and it is close to the 400 Expressway.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I had never stayed there before but would recommend it to anyone. The price was not overly high and the room was very good. The only drawback was that the bath towels were very rough and the bath tub if you are short is very hard to get into. On the whole with the cleanliness the hotel deserves an A plus.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

More coffee in the room!!

Great location to hop on the new subway line! Friendly breakfast waiter made our day, thank you Not enough coffee in the room to start our day but we would definitely stay again

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

This Italian restaurant had a very high class feeling to it, an extensive menu and wine selection. The beds were super comfy and the amount of pillows per bed was extraordinary. Very Warm and cozy room. VERY Large with special touches to details and extra clean.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

fruit salad wasn't good but everything else was awesome

the room was large and spacious -very quiet and the staff were very friendly. Parking was excellent.

• Traditional Queen Room

Room and bed were too small.Forgot my toothbrush- was advised to use the vending machine.They were no toothbrushes in there lol.Just went to Wal-Mart which is like 5 mins away.Place is just old but okay.They did accept my request for a late check out which was really nice😍

Easily accessible.Late check out option was the best thing here.

• Whirlpool Suite

Size of room was small and the free breakfast was disgusting. Outside main entrance garbage was overflowing and smelled.

The best part was the bed....

• Standard King Room

This hotel is located in a convenient & excellent part of town. The facility is great & it has everything Inas a customer need. Please extend my sincere thanks & gratitude regarding staff friendliness & super clean rooms. Keep up the good work folks!! FANTASTIC :))))

• Traditional Queen Room

Your free breakfast.....Your Toaster wasn't toasting...Lol...Hard to see what all you had on the counter Also you have no curtains in the room..just sheers...light comes in......

Location,cleanliness,

• Standard King Room

In our room the drapes would not close to block out the street lighting.

Staff are quite attentive and friendly especially in the restaurant Location excellent for Vaughn Hwy 7 area and flagship LCBO is three minutes away. Bed very comfy.

• Standard King Room

Didn’t have a shower cap in bathroom. Bathroom counter dirty at seams. The extra $5 for bacon & egg breakfast = very small servings

Comp breakfast and free WiFi great

• Standard King Room

There was nothing to dislike.

Everything was clean, tidy and comfortable.There was an easy access to wireless connectivity. I didn't expect anything more.I can't comment on the food in the restaurant as I didn't use their services.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The beds were not true queen size. the furniture was quite dated and bathroom too small, esp for 2 people trying to get ready. i had to put my cosmetics on the toilet seat whilst i blow dry my hair. i think there was a used soap left on the sink. the staff at front desk was so unfriendly. I ordered dinner one night from the restaurant, when i hesitated briefly, the Mgr told me to call back when i was ready as his customers were waiting. When i went down to pick up my dinner, there was 1 person in the restaurant. Very unfriendly.

The location was close to where my relatives lived.

• Traditional Queen Room

Breakfast is okay, unless you pay extra for eggs, pancakes etc. It was noisey in the evening because kids were running the hall even after 11:00.

Nice clean afforable hotel that is close to shopping. Bed is comfortable and clean.

• Standard King Room

Price for ordering movies I thought was high even though I did order one. The fan in the bathroom was loud too.

Big comfy bed with fantastic pillows!!! The room was beautiful and the view was great too. I had an eventful day so it was nice to talk to the front desk clerks about it and have a good laugh. Excellent service.

• Whirlpool Suite

Movies were way too expensive to rent at $19.99 and breakfast was terrible - worst coffee ever, stale bread and bagels, limited selection (even for a continental style).

Nice hotel. Convenient location. Friendly and helpful staff. The room was cozy and clean.

• Traditional Queen Room

The beds were not 5 star but they will do!

The staff was so friendly, they all were super enthusiastic. The $5 breakfast was great and they really care for their customers.

• Whirlpool Suite

The hotel was cold. Our room could be warmed up, but the rest of the hotel was cold I was not allowed to bring my breakfast up to our room. I was not feeling well, and did not want to sit in the restaurant (it was so cold in there) but the server there would not let me bring my food up to my room The breakfast was a BIG disappointment.

Honestly, I like the view. Airplanes landing, big Canada flag, and the moon I liked the courtesy call from front desk when we arrived in our room. (they could have given us a couple more minutes though to really take a good look at the room) but the call was appreciated

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Our room smelled of thick cigarette smoke. The table lamp had a black light bulb in its place so you could see all of the stains in the room. Someone had obviously used it as a disgusting party place. After the night shift manager sent his sidekick up to see, he claimed room was fine. I then had the manager come up who said his colleague said the room smelled fine and therefore we can’t have another room. The hotel has signs all over that say “this is a non smoking hotel.” I went down to the front desk and argued with the manager more and told him we won’t be paying if he doesn’t give us another room. Finally he gave us a new room. Breakfast in the morning is little more than toast and bagels.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Everything was ok for us

Really nice hotel. Close to the new train station and a lor of stores and restaurants. Breakfast was really good and people at the front desk were so nice and helpful.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Pillow's too high, woke up with a neck ace. Checking out took over 10 min- not including waiting in line - WAY TOO LONG! Breakfast was confusing as we had to go back to the desk to get a voucher...could they not give them to you at check in?

Clean and quiet. The top 2 things you want in a hotel -check!

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The free breakfast does not really have verities & the staff were rushing us to leave as breakfast is from 6 to 10am. We were there around 9:30 on Saturday morning. we had to pay for omelet.

I liked the location as it was close to where I had my party. The parking is free & easy to access.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Staff was a little chippy with other guests at checkout. People were budding in line, so it takes a while to checkout in the am. Could use more staff at that time. Room temperature was a bit warm for my liking, and could have used a bottle of water in the fridge, other hotels I have stayed have provided two free bottles in room.

Nice quiet lobby to sit and relax, large rooms and very clean washrooms. Excellent wifi for a Friday night and the gym was great!

none

comfortable, love the place, safe and staff are very accomoating, very clean, love to go there to rest.definitely will recommend the place. rooms are large and ambiance is excellent.worth the money and definitely will book again.

- Bed seemed a bit short. I'm 6'1". - The hotel shampoo smelled a bit funky

- Staff was super friendly and helpful. - Good location, close to everything. - Jacuzzi was great

• Traditional Queen Room

Room cleanliness, saw a white centipede on the room, was horrible, corner of room had webs and there is a lot of dirt and grime behind the bed side tables... why was I looking back there?, bc I needed to use the plug socket for my charger.

Place is just average for the money spent, dunno if i'll at this one again, maybe just as last resort.

• Whirlpool Suite

No wine glasses available, & no one mentioned upon check in that I needed a voucher to have breakfast. So, in am, after server informs me I needed the voucher, I go to front desk. They give me a voucher. I go back to dining room & am told I need a second voucher for my Friend who stayed in room with me & was joining me for breakfast. Sooooo, back to Front desk for 2nd voucher. All of this could have been avoided if explained to me upon check in. Seems trivial to mention but feel the Hotel could perhaps work on informing everyone upon check in what's required for Breakfast in the morning.

Bed was very comfy; whirlpool in room was great!

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Booking.com did not relay information to hotel that we wanted a quiet room on ground floor that that we wanted room on ground floor. So we got put on a floor with a bunch of post wedding partiers and had a very poor nights sleep.

Room beautiful, lots of pillows and towels.

• Traditional Queen Room

Nothing that we didn’t like

Upon arrival they upgraded us to a King room with jacuzzi for 2 nights at no additional cost. Efficient friendly staff Very clean room and toilet / shower Good hot complimentary breakfast which can be upgraded customized for a small additional fee. Elegant home-y atmosphere Rooms complete with amenities Strategically located near many restaurants and the Vaughan Mills outlet stores, Many good restaurants nearby

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The manager was very rude and charged my brother $160 for a noise complaint but there was no warning or any loud noises coming from the room customer service was overall well besides manager.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The way luggage carts are at the entrance, one almost falls over them . Some times there was some dirt on a floor.The table cloths at the dining room had stins and wrinkle in them.

I enjoyed that there are trees around the property. It looks plesent outside and inside as well. It is a smoller buildibg, what I like. Feels more cosy.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

There for a family wedding and the hotel was busy. The staff were really friendly, place was clean, nice breakfast every morning. Would definitely stay again.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The partying outside our window to all hours of the night even after going out and letting them know there was kids inside trying to sleep. Had to go to the front desk to complain and they responded that the cops had already been called. We finally did sleep but woke up in the morning to seeing broken glass, bottles and condoms in the parking lot. Something not little kids should be viewing let alone having to walk through to get to your vehicle.

Rooms where very clean and cleaning staff very nice. Front desk was welcoming but very work oriented that personal touch wasn't really there, all business.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

My friend and I always come to vaughan mills mall around the same time every year. This is the 2nd time I have booked at Monte Carlo. It is not to far from the mall, the rooms are always clean, the beds are very comfortable and the staff are very friendly.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Security issue: The parking lot door appeared to be left open unlocked all night. For women traveling alone, or anyone really, I'd book elsewhere. There was no card requirement to enter as I came in late. Didn't care for the need to go to the front desk for a voucher for breakfast. I didn't understand why they didn't give it to me when I checked in. Hassle. Hassle. I hated the location. It was in some former corn field. One of those ubiquitous developments that sprout like mushrooms with offices everywhere and very little grass and absolutely no trees. To their credit they did have a nice fountain and xeriscaping.

Well-designed and upscale touches to rather bizarre decorating which resembles someone's idea of an Abu Dabi hotel room. Lots of granite. Best shower ever. Convenient to parking lot. Easy unloading of luggage to cart and room. Restaurant staff very friendly and helpful. Front desk helpful, but not overly friendly.

• Whirlpool Suite

For the price, fireplace, jacuzzi tub right in the room along with standard bath. Comfy beds, lots of blankets, toilet supplies, etc. Good value for the dollar.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

every things was ok but breakfast is same everyday. if they would able to add eggs it will be good protine for the day. if possible breakfast can open untill 10am i really would appreciate that.also if we can take our breakfast to room it wiil benefits for my children can sleep liitte longer and they missed the breakfast because not allowed take it to room.

very professinol staff 24hrs some one in the office.very clean. house keeping every day. i will book it again in the future and will recommend any one.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The shower head in my room was hanging off and the knob for the tub was not very loose. Iron took very long to get hot and did not spray water very well.

Easy to check in. Always at least one person at the front desk. Facilities looked very clean. Complimentary water with lemon near the elevators. Lots of parking. Very quiet. Complimentary breakfast, but you have to get a voucher from the front desk. Variety of food available.

• Standard King Room

Room was to small. Bathroom did not have enough counterspace. The chair were crunched in the corner with no where to sit. The fridge was to small. Sandman in Oakville is the same price but beautiful rooms.

Friendly Staff.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

no pool. missed that detail when I booked. Everything else was great.

Close to leggo land and Canadas wonderland, Bass Preo Shop and Vaughn shopping c.entre. Easy to get to

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

It was a good hotel with an excellent location. Easy access to all of the activies we had planned. Rooms were clean, breakfast was plentiful, no complaints.

Great location for Canada's Wonderland and Toronto Pearson airport. Good value for money, especially with breakfast thrown in for free. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Whirlpool Suite

Very poor reception at front desk You are required to go back to the front desk to get your breakfast voucher in the morning prior to going into get your breakfast. Seems like a waste of time. Should be supplied at check in.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The Jacuzzi tub wasn't working the best as it would shock you every time you would turn on the jets. Also the fridge didn't work and it took the staff 45 minutes to come to the room to look at it. Once they came up to look at it and see it wasn't working they had to leave to get another one. It took 30 minutes to get a new one and come back. It was past 10:30pm once we got our new fridge and our drinks were warm by this time. We were a bit upset of all this because we couldn't use the Jacuzzi much as we were exhausted by this time plus with the shocking it wasn't much a good stay. Good thing the bed was very comfortable.

Easy to locate. Room was clean. Bed was very comfortable.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Had to change room at 12 am really not convenient since the kids were already sleeping

The breakfast menu and buffet were excellent and need to try those amazing pancakes

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Morning breakfast last day we ordered menu pancakes were drenched in oil could not eat them eggs were okay until we were told we had to make our own toast so we ate cold eggs.when you order eggs toast should come with it.not wait in line to make toast.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Nothing I can think of that I did not like.

This is a great location if going to Canada's Wonderland and shopping at Vaughan Mills Mall. Rooms were clean and we were given a suite for extra room and comfort, which I was very impressed with. Free wifi is important for the teens and the continental breakfast is always a bonus.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Hot breakfast food cost extra.

Was upgraded to a suite. Staff member helpful when asking questions about transit. Breakfast fruit, cereal, bread/toast, pastries good.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The full buffet breakfast advertised is misleading. Basic continental with a limited amount of cereals and toasts/pastries, small coffee cups and take away cups. If you want eggs or bacon/sausage or other breakfast items, you have to pay.(Although the prices are reasonable) The hotel would be more family friendly with a pool. They could easily sacrifice some parking space to add one. Room furniture needs updating.

Hotel was clean and well located for our Canada's Wonderland visit. Lots of parking. Actually more than needed.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Breakfast is limited , eggs and bacon is optional for 5$. Room and bathroom is older and smaller than Residence Inn on the other side of road.

Stay there for Wonderland, 10 minutes drive to Wonderland, but actually spent 45 minutes in the line to Wonderland. Better to pass the intersection and drive back from north side of Wonderland Shopping nearby.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

This location did not have a pool.

The 2 queen bed and sofa bed suite we had was very spacious. More hotels should offer this as you know, some families have more than 2 young kids!

• Whirlpool Suite

I really miss not having a (hot) pool when I travel, and our first room was a little cozy during the early part of our stay. Gardens/patio could be improved.

Front desk staff were exceptionally welcoming as were restaurant staff; food/breakfast buffet had a nice selection including fruit salad. Great access to Canada's Wonderland and would go back again.

Nothing it was perfect

It was absolutely fabulous and the free breakfast was perfect excellent place to stay away from hustle and bustle we were visiting Canada's Wonderland perfect choice big hotel and free parking was excellent

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Would have liked a pool and a larger breakfast area as well when breakfast was ordered it would be nice to have the whole order brought out with me having to get my own toast.

Location, cleanliness and comfortable beds.

• Whirlpool Suite

For the price, the room seemed a little small, the jacuzzi was small as well. The front desk staff in the morning seemed kind of grumpy, like the girl behind the desk didn't care to see us. We were disappointed that there was an extra charge for the "hot" breakfast. The amount that we got didn't seem proportionate to the cost either. My husband ordered the ham with his breakfast, and they gave him ONE paper thin slice of ham that wasn't even hot. There was nothing particularly special about the food, and the coffee was terrible. Would not recommend the restaurant for the breakfast food. Go somewhere else if you want a better breakfast.

The bed was quite comfortable and the lady that checked us in was very nice. Plenty of parking on site. The way that the TV was set up was great, nice and easy to use.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The IP address of media box player was blocked couldn't play at all. When brought to the attention of front desk no help at all. They were simply interested in telling you about your check out dates. The breakfast was sloppy with bad and rotten fruits and frankly, only the tea and slices of bread were FREE and not the EGGS which they charged extra $$. The hotel looks are very outdated and need renovation. The flush tank didn't work properly and the bath tub height is too high to go in for the shower. I am not coming back to this property until they renovate and make a FULL BREAKFAST complimentary instead of charging for some pieces of stuff.

Closer to wonderland and other attractions. Early check in and change of rooms when had a problem with the existing one.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

You had to go to the front desk each morning for a voucher for breakfast, which was annoying. Also, the free breakfast consisted of a drink, fruit, yogurt, and breads...you had to pay extra ($5 to $10) for the good stuff (e.g., eggs, pancakes, omelette).

Great location for Legoland and Wonderland! The room had comfortable beds, a deep tub, frig, and microwave. The staff was friendly and helpful.