Reviews of Novotel Montréal Aéroport 4 stars

2599 Boulevard Alfred Nobel, H4S 2G1 Dorval, Canada

#8 of 19 hotels in Dorval

Great hotel, clean and comfortable, great staff, but for the shuttle as soon as you land!
    • Superior Room with One King Bed

It took a while to get to the hotel - you have to ring for the shuttle (other airport hotel shuttles seem to loop round) and then there was about a 40 minute wait. Along with the 15/20 minute ride to the hotel, this wasn't the easy overnight stop close to the airport that we were expecting (we were only staying for one night and going straight back to the airport for a connecting flight in the morning).

Comfy, large room, spotlessly clean, very quiet hotel, so a great night's sleep. Very friendly and helpful man on reception checked us in quickly and gave us all the info we needed.

Hidden gem in a sea of Hotel choices!
    • Superior Room with One King Bed

I hadn't realized just how far it was from the airport (time wise not kilometres) and didn't take into consideration that to get anywhere you had to literally loop around the airport property, adding time to get to our destinations (construction and truly crumbling service roads only slowed us further). Now this is the norm for any airport - to get from one side to the other you'd have to loop around. But all our adventures were on the lake side of Dorval and the Novotel was exactly on the opposite side of the airport loop. For downtown Montreal it's a great location however - no looping around.

Very modern and attractive! The lobby, bar and restaurant areas were supurbe - baby grand piano in the bar with great seating areas. The breakfast area had beautifully set tables, an impressive array of fruits, pastries, cereals, cheeses as well as a hot buffet section. Fresh and delicious! The gentleman in charge of the area was fun yet professional - we enjoyed everything immensely! First impression entering our room (412) was wow lovely! Extremely clean, modern and comfortable! No expense spared here! Overall the price was great - and we would recommend this hotel!

Great , but short stay, in really nice realxing hotel
    • Executive King Room

Really big room for me and my kids. There was great restaurant in hotel we could go as we arrived late and had no time to go to Montreal. There was also great breakfast with both American and Continental Breakfast.

Good hotel, close to airport
    • Superior Room with Two Queen Beds

Had to call up for airport transfer several times therefore quite a long wait for it. Also the blinds in the room could be black out to help with anytime sleeping.

Rooms are soundproof which helps when you need an early night due to transferring from a European flight. Friendly staff. Restaurant food was very delicious, especially the French onion soup!

Comfortable room, good staff, quite a distance from airport, poor shuttle service.
    • Superior Room with One King Bed

The location of the hotel was about 15 minutes drive from the airport, which makes early morning flights even earlier. We had to wait on average about 20 minutes for the shuttle. You have to call the hotel for them to send it, and if it just left the airport, you’re looking at between 20-30 minutes before its return. In the morning, we had a 7:45 Flight and wanted to get a 6am shuttle - but our options were 5:30 or 6:30. We had to choose the 5:30 shuttle. I pre-booked and paid for our hotel for overnighting at either end of a trip, both at Novotel. When we realized the distance and lag for the shuttle, we wished we could have canceled our end of trip stay there. The distance and shuttle is the greatest detterance.

Staff were friendly Rooms were clean

Description of this as an "Airport Hotel" is...
    • Superior Room with One King Bed

Description of this as an "Airport Hotel" is inaccurate as not only is the transfer quite long but the shuttle (Especially in the early hours of the morning) takes an age to arrive. Furthermore, as an "Airport Hotel" it really should provide at least in-room dining 24 hours a day. Travellers are not all centered around normal Restaurant Hours. After a flight with Air Canada from the Caribbean where you get nothing to eat, to then arrive at the hotel and find all I could eat were packets of chips and a chocolate bar do not meet the needs of an airport hotel user.

Whole family was frustrated.
    • Executive Room with Two Queen Beds

Frond desk staff he was argent, our room heater was not working i have reported them but they didn't do anything to solve the issue until i complaint 3rd time, finally we moved to another room but before that my one year old baby he got sick due to temperature issue, the same person he didn't connect incoming call, reason he said she doesn't know how to speak English(Funny things she is a English teacher) my relative has reported this when i visited them after i left the hotel.

Room facility is good except heater. Very nice restaurant.

Good hotel but disapointing breakfast.
    • Superior Room with Two Queen Beds

Being used to travel in Novotels (accor hotels) all around the world and their usually pretty good breakfasts, I was quite disapointed with the ‘’very average’’ breakfast of this place. OK we are not in France but it should be MUCH improved!

Good hotel and location for the purpose of the trip. Nice, helpful and polite staff.

Ordinary
    • Superior Room with One King Bed

Price for supper a bit expensive Service at the restaurant was very slow, took a long time to get our meal. Lots of noise outside that kept us awake most of the night. It was like if a generator was running all night, very noisy.

Near the airport

Comfortable in some respect but slightly disappointing.
    • Superior Room with One King Bed

I was disappointed that after reaching the hotel later hours in the evening a basic complimentary item such as a bottle of drinking water was not provided. I had only a few hours to rest so I retired with my throat parched dried.I found this very unusual.

The pristine condition of the room as well as the comfortable furnishings.It offered a certain level of privacy as well as excellent view.Room temperature was perfect.I als liked the clean and updated washroom.

Bad shuttle service
    • Executive Room with Two Queen Beds (5 Adults)

We waited for the hotel shuttle for an hour, every time I called they keep saying it would be at the airport in 15 minutes.

La amplitud de la habitación

Airport shuttle service was great, arrived quickly to...
    • Superior Room with One King Bed

No Tea available in the room, only coffee available.

Airport shuttle service was great, arrived quickly to collect us and returned us to the airport on time. Staff in the bar/restaurant were really helpful and friendly.

The room was big, modern, clean, and quiet.
    • Superior Room with One King Bed

The hotel is actually quite far from the airport (about 15 minutes) in a desolate location. The airport shuttle only runs every hour, which can make it inconvenient, depending on flight departure time.

The room was big, modern, clean, and quiet. The breakfast was good and the restaurant staff friendly.

Nice hotel, poor organisation.
    • Superior Room with One King Bed

The navette offered by the hotel was extremely slow in picking us up at the airport. ALL other hotels had completed their pickups and we were still waiting. This hotel is not suited for passengers using the Montreal airport.

Nice touches in the room made it seem less like the standard...
    • Superior Room with One King Bed

Room was air conditioned way too cold when I arrived. No need to spend all that energy chilling the room.

Nice touches in the room made it seem less like the standard airport hotel. Very comfortable bed.

For a quick jaunt for weekend, okay.
    • Superior Room with One King Bed

Needed more safety in the shower; easy to slip. Due to family circumstance, plans had changed. Could not check into room earlier. We called hotel and they were not sympathetic.

The room was quiet.

My favourite hotel when I travel for work with my pets! Probably be returning very soon.
    • Superior Room with Two Queen Beds

Thoughtful simple design of the room such as speakers for connecting musical devices and easy touch button for light on the headboard! Best of all, Novotel allows pets and do not charge for pets!

Not able to sleep

Bed was totally uncomfortable. Super hard. Not able to sleep due to hardness and uncomfortable bed. Also the ventilation system was so loud. No sleep at all

-Comfort bed.
    • Superior Room with One King Bed

-No kettle (the coffee machine cannot boil water), it is suggested the kettle can be an option on request.

-Comfort bed. -The room is spacious. -Nice hotel staffs. -The hotel shuttle bus drivers are very helpful and nice.

Can live with it but sure I can find better next time. Unfortunate because room was great.
    • Superior Room with One King Bed

Everything closes at 10:00 pm and does not start or open before 6:30am if your flight is early or late, you are out of luck. When I flew in, I could not eat dinner, restaurant was closed. If I would have known, I would have ate at airport. The navette to hotel is only once an hour in both direction so it took a long time to get to the hotel. On my last day at the hotel, I had to catch the navette at 6:30am because he next one at 7:30 would have been too late. I could not eat breakfast (included in rate, prepaid) because restaurant does not open before 6:30. This information should be included when you make your reservation.

Dinner was very tasty; service in restaurant was excellent; room was very roomy and comfortable, pool and hot tub were very nice.

Perfect for a short stay!
    • Superior Room with One King Bed

The hotel is not within walking distance of any restaurants or shopping, but thankfully there is a nice restaurant in the hotel.

Very clean and helpful staff

Hotel is fine but does not stand out from any other average hotel.
    • Superior Room with One King Bed

It took a long time for the shuttle to pick me up from the airport. I was not aware that it only picks up on the hour. If this information would have been included in the reservation documentation, I would have known to eat at the airport because when I arrived at the hotel, the restaurant was closed.

I would not choose this hotel for an airport stop-over again
    • Superior Room with Two Queen Beds

Too far from the airport. Waited a long time for a shuttle and in the morning the shuttle only ran once every hour. The blind in the room wouldn't pull down and a light wasn't working. They were going to overcharge me for the room until I checked the bill

The beds were comfortable.

Overall satisfied and would return.
    • Superior Room with One King Bed

WiFi on the 4th floor was probably the worst I've had in all my travels. Didn't tell the staff because there's usually nothing they can do about infrastructure issues like that.

The room was spacious, as advertised. Bathroom had an interesting design, kind of a European feel to it. Staff was helpful when needed.

Overall Great Experience
    • Superior Room with One King Bed

I didn't like when at the breakfast they push me for additional 15% for service, when nobody did anything? Self service buffet breakfast, standard nothing special... It's ok to pay when someone do his job.

For the money you pay... this is Great Hotel. Clean room, nice comfortable size, big shower.

first hotel arriving in Canada
    • Superior Room with Two Queen Beds

a light bulb kept switching on and off during the night. there was a switch issue i think. i cldn't sleep until i removed the bulb !

bed size and confort

bed / comfortable .
    • Superior Room with Two Queen Beds

building needs maintenance .. flooring starting to show it age as well as some of the wall coverings

bed / comfortable ... extra towels ..nice touch

Place is nice. Quiet and beautiful surroundings. But breakfast and room facilities not matching with
    • Executive King Room (4 Adults)

Room amenities no good. No water, no enough toiletries, no enough linen although knowing that room is book for 4 persons. Breakfast choices not good.

Place is Ok.

Overpriced for what is offered.
    • Superior Room with Two Queen Beds

1. No complimentary coffee available in the lobby. For the room price, it's the least you could do. 2. When the curtain rod cover fell in our room, almost hitting my wife, the person at the front desk looked surprised and said, "oh". I think a sorry and is your wife okay would be a more appropriate response.

best near airport
    • Superior Room with Two Queen Beds

we have stayed here for 1 night only as our plane was early in the morning the next day. easy parking, easy check-in/check-out, comfy room, modern premises. I don't know what I would say if I've stayed more, but for me it was excellent.

Very clean and comfortable
    • Executive Room with 1 King Bed and Sofa

The room was very clean, and the staff very friendly and helpful. My kids enjoyed swimming in the pool and hot tub. In the lobby there is a play station for kids, which impressed my kids a lot.

Would stay here again!
    • Superior Room with One King Bed

For the price we felt there should be a complimentary breakfast included. We liked that there was a restaurant in the hotel as we did not have to go out for dinner.

NASDANQ Approved 👌🏻👌🏻
    • Superior Room with Two Queen Beds

Our friend Dog was dancing pretty hard but there wasn't too much room for it. He made do though with a smile on his face. Highly recommended!

I was here the day the NASDANQ first crossed 10k upvotes - it was a wild night and the hotel restaurant was the perfect setting. They even let us put up our favorite memes on the screen.

Great accomodations, but driving is a must.

One small thing - we wanted to mail a letter and postage wasn't available at the front desk - either to buy or to pay for them to mail it. We ended up mailing it from the cruise ship.

Staff was very accommodating overall. Restaurant was VERY good, and service at the restaurant was outstanding.

Great 4 stars hotel in West-Island.
    • Superior Room with One King Bed

Waited near 10 minutes at check in. 2 front desk staffs was helping one group of visitors.

Very comfortable king bed. Room is clean and close to highway 40.

Don't go with the rating. It is not close to downtown
    • Executive King Room

Poor access to attractions. This hotel shouldn't show up on family vacation bookings. Quite far off from downtown or any attractions. Taxi is $50 one way, Uber is $35 one way. Think about spending that money times 2 everyday? You could get into a better value and priced hotel in and around downtown

Access to and from downtown attractions was misleading when we booked. I would have rather stayed in downtown if it was clear that I have to spend $35 one way for Uber for visiting attractions. Spent almost cost of the room in travel king funds. This hotel should only pop up for business travelers not for vacationing

Flying out of Montreal? This hotel is the place to stay!
    • Superior Room with One King Bed

It wasn't an issue, but the hotel is not as close to the airport as others. There is a free shuttle (they picked us up after we returned our rental car, and drove us to the airport the next morning). It did mean there wasn't anyplace other than the hotel to eat meals. Fortunately, the food at the restaurant was delicious (some of the best we ate in Montreal...seriously!). I would definitely stay here again.

Friendly, helpful staff; quiet, clean, comfortable room; free shuttle to airport; delicious food at the hotel restaurant.

Stay was alright.
    • Superior Room with Two Queen Beds

The room I stayed in (401) had a cheap shower head, the bathroom door was unlockable, there was nowhere to hang towels to dry. The fridge was useless and didn't keep anything cold. Maid service could have done a better job cleaning the room. The hotel is poorly situated with no access to restaurants or cafes within walking distance which was annoying.

I liked that there was a pool and fitness area although the deck of the pool was overrun with ants and the pool was freezing... They provide pool towels and filtered water which was nice. I had an issue with the restaurant forgetting to process my order which they removed from my tab in the end which was acceptable.

Very big and clean room, good value for money if you have a car, very good breakfast.
    • Executive Room with Two Queen Beds (5 Adults)

Everything was perfect. The only thing that we didn't like much was the fact that we asked bed sheets for the extra sofa bed and the staff brought the sheets when we were on the city and she just putted them on the sofa without making the bed...

The room was very clean and big. The beds were very comfortable and the sofa bed was for two people and comfortable too.The 2 (staff) guys at the breakfast were very polite and ready to serve you with a smile (really hard workers). Bravo...

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

It's very clean and comfortable hotel, food are great in...
    • Executive Room with 1 King Bed and Sofa

It's slow for check in and out.

It's very clean and comfortable hotel, food are great in the lounge. However, the location is a bit far from downtown.

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

Great hotel but long wait for shuttle
    • Superior Room with One King Bed

I had to wait 30 minutes for the hotel shuttle after calling, which in my mind is unacceptably long.

The room was very clean, modern and comfortable. Couldn't have asked for better.

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

Spacious but simple room. Bathroom not adequate for multi-night stay.
    • Superior Room with Two Queen Beds

Bedroom and bathroom were spacious but simple. Shower and bathroom shared the same floor. I have never seen this North America. Almost non-existent counter-space in bathroom.

Buffet breakfast was good. Staff were super friendly and helpful. Room was spacious.

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

Rooms OK - service terrible.

Arrived on a Sunday evening - waited almost an hour for the shuttle. Hotel is a long way from the airport and shuttle stooped en route at another hotel. Waited at reception which was unstaffed for more than half an hour before we could check in - only one clerk working and she was off somewhere. No offer of any kind of recompense for our ruined evening.

Rooms are fine, restaurant is average.

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

Well worth a few minutes drive from the main airport area.
    • Executive Room with 1 King Bed and Sofa

As near to a faultless experience as we could have hoped for.

A warm welcome, two lovely adjoining rooms for our family group, we even had an interconnecting door. We also think this was the best hotel breakfast we have ever had.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Great stay!
    • Superior Room with One King Bed

Very nice hotel. Staff in the dining room were very friendly, as were the front desk staff. Clean and comfortable and very obliging when we asked for a late checkout!

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

Snowed on the wknd.
    • Superior Room with One King Bed

Snowed on the wknd..no salt was applied anywhere. I and my guest almost slipped several times. Spoke to the front desk..nothing was done. Guests kept parking in the handicap space all wknd which my friend needed. Again we both spoke to the front and nothing was done. My friend and I wanted to stay one more day but because the hotel wanting to charge more on the week day we had to find other accommodations. Was not impressed due to the fact my friend comes to your hotel every time he vists Montreal. He's been a guest of yours since the Novotel open in 2006. So one would think the hotel would do its upmost to accommodate and try to make their value clients happy as possible.

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

Room is nice!
    • Superior Room with One King Bed

The staff was not helpful at all. We had some problem with our car and asked the front desk person if she can find some one to help. Without any trying she say no.

Room is nice!

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

Relax night before leaving Montreal!
    • Executive Room with Two Queen Beds

The rooms are very clean. Shuttle service is timely. For those that leave the hotel prior to breakfast time, they offer breakfast cookies! The hotel restaurant is very nice and the food is good.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

Clean but sterile, sparsely appointed, trimmed down accommodations.
    • Superior Room with Two Queen Beds

No water or anything to drink available in the room or on the floor. Had to go down to the lobby for a bottle of water for $8.50! Small glass of wine was $17.50. No magnifier mirror. No lotion, q-tips etc in the bathroom. Sparsely appointed. No character to the place at all. Very sterile.

Clean. Decent sized room.

Told front desk about AC and bathroom fan noise and because...
    • Superior Room with One King Bed

The AC and the washroom fan was very noisy.

Told front desk about AC and bathroom fan noise and because they could not repair on Saturdays, they offered me another room

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

A great hotel close to YUL airport.
    • Superior Room with Two Queen Beds

Breakfast is $15 per person, too pricey.. Went to Tim Hortons instead.

A great hotel close to YUL airport. Very modern rooms and nice lobby. Very clean too.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

Quick overnight visit.
    • Superior Room with Two Queen Beds

Price for breakfast buffet high, and limited items to order on menu and those prices high.

Comfortable beds, and liked the free parking. Food was good in restaurant for dinner. Staff very helpful with suggestions to get us into Montreal.

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

Location was good for me.
    • Executive Room with 1 King Bed and Sofa

Buffet breakfast could have been cheaper. Also a little on the expensive side in general.

Location was good for me. Close to the Airport and reasonably close a subway station. Nice restaurant. Close to Costco, grocery stores and other restaurants.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

Clean! Quiet! Value!
    • Superior Room with One King Bed

Providing some type of breakfast instead of a $15.95 continental breakfast per person. Location was a little isolated but the value saved instead of staying in downtown Montreal for double helped out a lot.

Clean room and overall appearance of the hotel was neat and clean. Checking in and out was a quick and efficient process.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

there was a bad smell coming from washroom room 216 we...
    • Superior Room with Two Queen Beds

there was a bad smell coming from washroom room 216 we dunno exactly from where, stuff weren't that happy they are so series about their job need people to be smile in people face

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

Decent hotel- still 15 minutes from airport
    • Superior Room with One King Bed

Loud and unreliable air conditioner. Shower water spread all over floor in the handicapped bathroom.

24 hour airport shuttle. Good mattress. Nice clerks. Nice restaurant.

• Reviewed: 25 July 2016

I wish they did a better cleaning job
    • Executive Room with Two Queen Beds (6 Adults)

We found out somebody else black sock under neat our bed. Looks like better housekeeping is required.

Game corner for the kids, good swimming pool, helpful staff.

Nice little swimming pool and jacuzzi

Nice little swimming pool and jacuzzi

Location. Convenient business office. Nice restaurant

Great Stay at Novotel
    • Executive Room with Two Queen Beds (6 Adults)

I like that it's very clean and it's close to the highway. The staff are nice. Amenities are great.

Location and rooms

Access

Location and rooms

awesome stay
    • Executive Room with Two Queen Beds

comfy bed, friendly staff and very accommodating

It was pretty nice. Breakfast buffet was terrific.

Beds were doubles. Not queen as advertised.

Room was large & clean

Fantastic

Non, it was all good

The location was awesome

The bed was really comfortable.
    • Superior Room with One King Bed

The bed was really comfortable. Good location, close to airport. Room was very spacious. Check in was very fast, as well as check out.

It is very comfortable
    • Superior Room with One King Bed

It is very comfortable The service is very good

Good place to stay for layover

Spacious room Convenience to the airport (shuttle bus) Convenience store

Good food.

Front desk Manager

No Fox News channel

Front desk Manager

Flight cancelled have to find a place to sleep. Very expensive.

Too expensive

Nice Breakfast

Pleasant, quiet, very clean. Meal in the pub satisfactory.
    • Superior Room with One King Bed

Very satisfied with my first stay at a Novotel Hotel. Would recommend it, if asked.

satisfied on both count.

I’ve seen better unfortunately.
    • Superior Room with One King Bed

There was often no one at the front desk. It wasn’t as easy to get to. Toilet paper was super thin! Pool was not clean...

The room was a good size

Good.
    • Superior Room with One King Bed

They don’t offer house robs

Browse Novotel Montréal Aéroport traveller photo gallery