Reviews of Motel 6 Niagara Falls - Stanley Avenue 2 stars

5700 Stanley Avenue, L2G 3X6 Niagara Falls, Canada

#53 of 103 hotels in Niagara Falls

• Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Here are all the bad experience that we had on this motel: •The room is really Small compared to the pictures that they show online. •It looks like they didnt wash the bedsheet properly. There’s a lot of stains on the bed!! So I asked the guy who works there to give me another bedsheet and he said that they are runned out of bedsheets and pillows. Also the room stinks!!! •The shower is clogged! Everytime I finish taking shower, I have to pump the water drainer to drain the water (I swear its very disgusting but I have to do it so the people who will take a shower after me can use the shower) by the way I posted a picture of the shower on this post. •I asked them if they can clean the room. I even left a note outside the room ( I hang it on the doorknob) and nothing happend. Nobody cleaned the room once we arrived at the motel. I asked them around 10am and got back at the motel at 8pm and its still dirty. •The TV is not working properly and they have a really small refrigerator ( so I dont recommend you guys to bring a big water container, A small wAter bottle can fit tho) •They also dont have enough towels to give. In all, I really had a bad experience at this Motel. I used to be excited everytime I stayed in Motel but this time is different. Hope they fix everything (especially the shower room) so that the Motel can get more customers.

• Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The fact they are pet friendly is best for us. Have stayed many times before, Front desk people are very welcomeing. All requests were looked after ASAP . Can't wait to return.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Small parking lot but they do have an overflow which helps.

Clean property with helpful and polite staff. Location is close to the attractions without the large crowds and traffic.

• Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We would have preferred breakfast at the hotel, but made do with the restaurant.

This hotel had coffee, but didn't have breakfast ... but there is a restaurant on the corner of the block that serves a buffet breakfast that was good. We were traveling with our small dog and this hotel welcomed pets. The staff was very friendly and they too were "pet friendly". It was easy to get in and out of the hotel to get to Niagara Falls and the downtown attractions.

• Queen Suite with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

Room was not worth the money! AC was VERY noisy and it sounded like water was constantly running... Must have been in the room or walls behind us. Smallest room I ever had for that kind of money. No closet. No safe. TV was small and difficult to work.

Check in was easy and staff was friendly.

The high cost

They charge me 250 c$ for one night and today I saw the rate c$59 which is not fair They charge extra 10 c$ for parking They hold c$ 50 and I found they withdraw the money

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I like a clock radio in the room so I can set my own alarm to wake up to . Xtra charge to park is not a perk . Hook up with a restaurant for discounts [ breakfast / dinner ] would be a plus . A discount at a pizza place would be plus plus .

We like that we can bring our dog . The indoor pool is a plus , especially in the winter months .Staff are professional + helpful .

• Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Motel 6 in the USA has a bad reputation for being cheap and dirty but, Motel 6 in Canada is a world apart from USA and worth the stay. Clean, pleasant service and amenities. If you are on a budget but want your moneys worth, I recommend it.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I stayed three nights and each day i had to get my key card reset. Desk staff made no issue of it, it's just annoying when you get back to your room and have to go back to the desk to get it reset.

The location seems a little desolate but it's a short walk to the Falls and other attractions. It's decent value for the money. Small perk was there was a fridge in my room, though it wasn't cool inside. I turned down the temperature, though over my three night stay not sure it got down to decent cooling temperature.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The walls are thin so you hear everything in the halls.

The staff were great. The pool was pretty good and kept at a decent temperature. The parking fee is cheaper than most hotels around Niagara. There is no additional fee for bringing your pet.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The bed and cleanliness of room.

This was a $70 a night hotel, nothing fancy. At check in, the woman was very friendly and chatted with us. When we got to room there was no remote, my husband went down and got a new one st front desk from a friendly guy. Also got more pillows and another blanket. Queen bed was very small but ok. There were a few hairs on our bed and on bathroom counter and tub. An old dried up wash cloth hanging over the shower bar, and room was very tiny. It did however have a fridge so that was nice. Guests in next room were up til about 3am so we didn’t sleep at all. Overall I would say the staff was the best part of the stay. Not sure why parking was an extra $10 but again this wasn’t Hilton.

I work down the street and was stuck in a storm and did not want to drive half hour home The man at check in refuse to check me in because all I had was cash and debit I had money for a deposit but the man talked to me in such a degrading way and then turned me down at midnight. I work in tourism in the same city and I am absolutely disgraced at the treatment I received Don’t book here

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The walls are a little thin so you can hear people in the hallways. This is more of a complaint to the ignorant people who think it’s acceptable to speak loudly in the hallways at 5:00 in the morning. Not okay people!!!! The pillows are a little small.

The staff were absolutely amazing! I had originally booked another “dog friendly” hotel but after being told I may have to wait in the parking lot with my dogs for 4 hours because I may not be able to get an early check in, I canceled my booking and booked with Motel 6. What a difference in customer service. Motel 6 is definitely dog friendly! I would definitely stay at Motel 6 again.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I will not stay at this location again ! staff was slow to follow through with assistance and when had a issue with room not once but twice took 30mins before anyone even showed up !!! our bed was defently not a queen size and the sheets and blanket was stained ! when they were replaced by new ones we had to make our own bed insted of staff and ontop of that those sheets were badly stained as well. the cleaning staff I believe needs to be let go and hire someone who knows what they are doing the room was gross dried snot on the walls hair all over the bathroom shower curtain filthy and to top it off the stains! tv didn't work with remote as apparently there was a party and someone had punched the tv in the process before us and it wouldn't work !!!! also fridge didn't work at all we were told to take it out and unplug it and try again !!! pool floor was covered in ants my husband's boots were covered in them from just leaving them there for 20 mins for a swim !! no towels in the pool area so had to go back to room and get our 2 towels that were small ! no breakfast , overall I'd rate this hotel a 1 if that defently falling apart and needs staff that actually care

I liked being out of the hotel

• Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The staff had terrible customer service. My sheets were blood stained it smelt like dog pisss the whole trip the tub does not drain. I will not be returning solely based off how we were treated by the staff members.

The only thing i liked was the one house keeper during saturday the rest of the staff was terrible.

• Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Lighting was a little low. The mattresses and pillows were not the most comfortable.

The staff were friendly and accommodating. Great coffee area and indoor pool.

• Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There was a lot of poop outside from people not picking up after their dogs.

The friendlyness of the staff. The ability to bring my dogs and leave them in the room while my family and I went for breakfast.

• Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was small and had stains on the sheets. The shower curtain was ripped, a neighbour to our room experienced finding a used condom by their granddaughter. Absolutely disgusted

The pool

• Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No microwave in rooms, no milk for the coffee. Location was further away from Falls for the weather. No mention of the construction approaching the falls. Paying additional for parking.

Price

• Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The toilet had urine around the side with little hairs. There was a very long hair in the shower. My puppy found numerous things under the beds...toothbrush package, maxipad adhesive strip, and more little things. The one blanket had a (hopefully) ketchup crusty stain on the top. I slept on top of the bed on a towel wrapped pillow. Horrible night. Thanks for asking. Carol McIntyre

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

the halls echo a little but i was up until 4 a.m,the only noise i heard was the people movie but wasn't loud. The WiFi was wouldn't load until 2 a.m. but that was because the hotel was booked.

close comfortable walking distance to Clifton Hill. Check-in and out was quick and easy. On the last day they let us keep our car in the parking lot until ready to leave near dinner time. Staff were professional and willing to help with anything.

• Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

paying for parking - there were other locations that had free breakfast and parking included - and had more up-to-date facilities. Finding out at the time of check in that parking was not included caught me off guard. Wasn't very clear in on-line check in.

The friendliness of the staff at check in

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Although I knew before I got there, they do not advertise much that you will be charged C$10 a day to park in their hotel lot. Not a bad thing, just wanted to let people know you will be charged for parking.

Very comfortable bed; good location to the Falls; nice that pets stay free!

• Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Its was nice staying there everyone is very friendly and the room was small but clean.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

floor in the room was dirty and never vacuumed during the stay . we asked several times to have it done. Coffee was only available if you were up at 7:00 AM No flavor and thin at best. hair dryer caught on fire and it took 2 days to have it replaced. Tub was terrible to use.

Staff was very good.

• Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

See above as. It overshadowed what I did like . Room. Was clean and roomy.

I booked through booking .com on Dec.3 ,I noticed on your conditions it states -private parking is possible but to me it is unclear that all parking is $ 10 / day . One assumes at most motels raking is included . I have only had to pay parking in downtown Toronto where parking space is limited . You have a large ample parking lot at your motel6 . When I received confirmation from Booking the total price did not include the parking + tax so was a surprise when total was $74 not $62 ! Is this because Niagara Falls is a tourist attraction ? This will make me think twice about booking with you again. I think more emphasis is needed to show and stress parking fee is extra and not included in totals from Booking.com The desk clerk was not too concerned about this and her attitudes as not great. I was unsatisfied when was expecting price I received in e-mail and seemed a sneaky hidden cost to me. Ihaveneveaid for parking another motel 6's ? ,

• Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was dirty in the corners and seemed like it never gets thoroughly cleaned. The drain in the shower was clogged so we could not take a shower.

The price was reasonable for what I'd expect to spend for a night in Niagara Falls.

• Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I have really nothing that I would change . Nice , very nice staff, clean and very good value for the money

Very friendly staf . i forgot to tell them that in 4 rooms that we had we will have 4 dogs. Usually I find people making a big deal out of it but the lady at the reception was VERY VERY NICE about it . The only thing that she did is " wait than I have to change your rooms and put you in dog friendly rooms. That was all . THANK YOU

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

This is the worst motel i ever had visited the room had so bad smells all the blankets was so dirty n smells so bad. I paid for night but i didn't stayed there more then 2 hour's when i complaint this to the staff they said it is now more then a hour n they can't refund the money. I spent more money n stayed in another hotel .there was stink bugs too. So this was the worst experience with me at motel 6.

I liked nothing there

• Queen Suite with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

Very small tv. They provided coffee in the am but not tea. No cups in the room, had to take some from coffee station (when available). Would be nice to have free parking and/or complimentary breakfast.

Location was close to main attractions. Friendly staff. Clean room. Reasonably priced.

• Queen Suite with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

The property seem to be old and kind of run down the hallway carpets were filthy we had to call the staff because the bathroom floor was dirty we didn't have any napkins we didn't have any toilet paper in the room we have to call for that it wasn't a very pleasant stay and they did not price match me because I found the same room with a jacuzzi at the Diplomat for 184 just did not appreciate the service at all

• Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Stayed for a couple of nights, first morning felt like we were sleeping on the street. Constant noise from around 5/6am with people checking out. You could hear them in the lobby and in the car park. I think some stay to cross over to the US boarder early morning. Didn’t have an issue the second morning!

Pets get to stay free! Great location to walk from and the staff are nice.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I was right next to the pool so I was lucky no one used it that night or it would have been noisy.

Everything was clean and functional. I liked the location. I had a lovely walk to the Falls with my dog. I was born in Niagara Falls so it was easy to find my way.

• Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Immediate area still indevelopment so i propably wouldnt walk area by myself at night.

Very comfortable. Friendly staff. Quick checkin. Within walking distance to main attractions but far enough away to be quiet at night.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Got there to check in and room wasn't ready. Was told 30 min. Went back 45 min later and was told it would be another 30-45 min hard to try and get ready to see attractions when it's after 5 before you can heck into your room.

Was a cheap hotel to be able to spend more money doing other things around Niagara Falls The hotel was pet friendly

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Asked for an early check in only because we brought our dog . Did not get it . I had a discount coupon but they would not honour it because I didn't book direct with them . $ 10 + tax extra for parking sucks considering where the hotel is . We will stay here next time 99% .

We can bring our dog . The location is good . The pool was warm . We like to see the same staff still here . Heather + Melanie make check in + out painless . I asked 4 + got the room we have stayed in before . The PUP knows the room so less stress . Cleaning staff is top drawer . . .

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

It looked like the parking lot may have been over capacity on Sat night.

I booked for two adults and a dog. Ended up traveling solo for the weekend. My accommodations were modified upon check in, no hassle. I had a great time at conference, a safe clean place to retreat to for a good night's rest at the end of the day. We were grateful to find a hotel our furry friend could join us. We have stayed at a hotel slightly closer to the venue in the past, but no longer accept pets. Pet friendly is something we really value in our travels. We plan to stay again. Thank you for making your hotel family friendly so we didn't have to make other arrangements.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Close to everything. Good value for an overnight stay. There was a baseball tournament and the people were partying in the hallways. A bit noisy but it was ok.

• Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Upon arrival main doors had garbage everywhere not a good first impression. Had sent 5 emails to the front desk reporting excessive noise from 11:30pm to 1:00am and no one ever responded or shut down the party, just gave up. The agent who came on to work at 11pm did not give two hoots what was going on.

Heather the front desk agent was polite

• Queen Suite with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

There was only a sheet to cover with on the bed. No comforter was provided. I had to pay for parking which I never do at a motel 6. Parking was also very limited.

Pool was nice. Room was a decent size and we had a fridge!

• Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was not as clean as I would expect. There was dirt around the room by the walls, the shower curtain had a stain on it and the floor around the bathtub was dirty.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I cut my foot in the microwave stand , went to the front desk and asked for a bandaid , reception told us they had "none" and the corner store had some !! I was totally appalled and said "maybe take some petty cash and go buy some for your customers " ( nice lady heard me saying this , opened up her suitcase and gave me 5 band aids !!!!) Poor management on their part ....

Room was average . Showers were good . Wifi kept dropping and you had to keep signing into the account after 10 minutes ( annoying )

• Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I called to check that we will be checking in with pet but when we arrived they said there is no room for pets. We were given a smelly room upstairs and we have to transfer the next day to another room. Too much hazzle. With the prize and trouble, I will not book here anymore.

Location is good.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Complimentary morning coffee is so-so.

Though not being on main touristic roads, this property is just 10 minute walk to attractions nearby including the Falls! Sufficient parking lot, but not during long weekends or festive seasons. Bring your own meal because there is no dining room. In overall I can say that it is worth your money. Relax.

• Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The bedroom could have been cleaned more thoroughly. The floor between the beds and the walls had dust and crumbs on the floor. The hallway carpet had numerous dark stains. The room did not have an ironing board or iron. The room did not have drawers to place our clothing. We had to keep our clothing in the suitcases and duffel bags. No hotel key was needed to enter the back door of the hotel, so anyone was able to enter the door at anytime during the night. The pool needs to be drained and scrubbed.

The pool was indoors and of decent size. The hotel was within walking distance to shops, attractions, and restaurants.

Everything!!

Small triangular room not big enough for two adults or cot. Uncomfortable mattress and pillows hard and lumpy. No compensation from hotel and wouldnt refund so I could find suitable accommodation for my family.

• Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Given the weekend had a big baseball tournament. People directly across from us were extremely loud. We did complain and the people were warned but it continued till 4 am that morning.

Overall I liked my stay. Staff was friendly. Access to most things was good.

• Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Terrible value. We were located right next to the elevator, so we heard all night. Cigarette butts all over ground at back entrance. most annoyed because booking confirmation stated everything included but found out we had to pay an extra $10 + tax for parking even though it was outdoor parking.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room definitely wasn't worth the price. Carpet in the hallway was quite stained in areas. Looks like in the bathroom they just painted spots to over things up, really bizarre. sink in bathroom was very very slow draining. If I had seen the hotel first before booking I would not have booked here.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Triangle shaped bathtub in the room. Spoted carpet, it gived not a clean feeling of the room.

Free parking space and wifi. Very basic. Between 15 min. to 20 min. walk to Falls Avenue.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Staff were not "able" to remove extra tax. Can hear everyone through the walls, hard to get sleep. Television so small and bed so far. Extremely basic room for 200 a night!

Fast check in and out.

• Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

took a long time the room was suppsoed to provide towels these were very small glad i brought my own towels the toiletries that were advertised as provided were laughable 2 small soap bars a very small 15cl of shampoo was not near enough for 1 person let alone a family of 4 once again I'm glad we brought our own toiletries would i stay again no would i reccomend no

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The price was more than I reserved on booking.com, I guess due to parking charges. I could have stayed at a much nicer hotel for the same price and that was just a walk in price. Unfortunately the motel 6 would not let me cancel my reservation and go elsewhere. If you're looking for something close to all of the attractions and for a good price, look elsewhere.

One staff member was helpful when we needed an item that was not provided in our but should have been. other than that, I don't have any other positives to list.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room didn't have and iron and the same day we check in after 5 hrs the Wi-Fi wasn't working at all.

Staff was nice the room was very warm welcome and it's very very close to everything we jus park the car and walk.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Mattress had a whole in it. I was too tired to call and have it changed. Inform the desk at the check out to let them know the mattress needed to be replaced. got polite but curt response, " you should have called us last night".

Clean, quiet

Minor repairs in rooms. Tiles on Pool pillar need repair. Better wifi-could not get signal in room at all!! Lack of parking when bus tours are there. Last night we stayed, 3 tour busses took up more than half the parking lot.

Pet friendly. Fridge in rooms. Friendly staff. Indoor pool. Close to most of what we wanted. Issues are addressed quickly and professionally. Good value.

• Queen Suite with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

Booked two rooms with jacuzzi tubs for ourself and two friends. First it started with 1 of the rooms being dirty (hair in the shower/sink, ect), so we went to the desk and asked for another room. They were good about giving us another room but when we got the new room, we went in to make sure it was clean and yet again there were people's hairs all over the bathroom, what looked to be blood stained towels, & other people's toothpaste on the mirror and in the sink. So we went back to the desk. After two hours of them wasting our time due to not cleaning the rooms properly, we settled for a non jacuzzi room but had to pay the same price (the newest room of the 3 was beside one of the old rooms which they said they couldn't clean and then ended up renting it to someone else!!!). Anyways on to check out, we tried to check out and hopefully get some sort of incentive for having to change rooms twice and taking the loss on the jacuzzi, the supposed supervisor told us that there will be no price adjustment for the downgraded room because we smoked in the first dirty room! Which was a false accusation as we faithfully walked downstairs and outside to smoke. The room we went down to the desk to get cleaned/changed in the first place, they rented out after we told them we won't be sleeping in because the lack of cleanliness. Oh and not to mention, the "clean" room we later found long black hairs in the shower as well but failed to see them when we initially checked it. In conclusion, 3 out of the 4 rooms that we seen, were in less than what I believe to be standard cleanliness. Between the evening and the morning we wasted 3 hours of our 2 day vacation dealing with this nonsense, and there was NO price adjustment for the downgraded room that we had to take even though we BOOKED and PAID for a jacuzzi. Never again will I stay at ANY Motel 6. But hey, at least it was a bed to sleep in �

It was within walking distance of attractions

• Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The elevator sound was anooying, we we're trying to sleep but the sound of the elevator, you could hear it from the room.

It's very close to the fall and it's cheap. It's spacious and clean.

• Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Location wasn't great, about 15 - 30 minutes walk to most of the touristy spots. Very small lobby. Not good for sitting and waiting for the rest of my party to arrive. No actual spot to leave your luggage if you arrive too early to check in, but staff was very accommodating. Since I only had one small bag she allowed me to put it behind the reception desk.

Room was clean and comfy but very basic.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

bed was to small, for two people...... no converter when getting it ,,it didnt work, told the lady at the desk and she says oh well.

close to the strip

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The TV's are so old they don't have an hdmi port for plugging in. The cable package has very few channels and doesn't include ball games. no problem I figured I would watch it off my computer but couldn't hook up to the tv's at all...

Staff was exceptional

• Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Booked a room that was not pet friendly as posted on booking.com so we got our room changed the morning of our arrival, other property informed us as soon as we booked, not the morning of our arrival. Police were on scene our first night and people seemed as if something happened.

Staff were pleasant

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Unfortunately I arrived a little too early for check in and there were no rooms available however, there was a very kind concierge who held our bags for us until a room was available. She was the absolute best part of Motel 6! The room and price were just what we needed for an overnight stay. The room was small but clean and tidy.

• Queen Suite with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

small-ish TV, but we didn't come to watch America's Got Talent, so that's ok.

the spa bath in the middle of the room helped us decide that we're going to be regular clients here.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No continental breakfast, charged $10. per night for parking in an outside, unsecured lot, windows in the room were filthy, no sink plugs,

Bed was okay.

• Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

This is a ghetto-tel. There is a no-tell motel on one side and a divey corner store on the other side with broken windows. There are three burnt out houses caddy-corner, which look like prime crack house property. Oh, and next to the corner store is another no-tell motel. I can't believe I was charged c$300 for a hotel at which I couldn't open the shades - view of the no-tell motel next door and highway like street - and would not have stayed if I didn't have my dog. Oh, and they charge you c$10 for parking. The pictures are of one of the motels and the burned out houses.

The staff were wonderful.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Coffee could have been better. They only give u one shampoo for 2 people.

Beds were comfy and the A/C kept are room nice and cool in the 3 days of heat we had there.

• Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

we requested for a baby playpen and it was not good. it's dirty and would not even stand. we are not able to use it.

staff are approachable, great location

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Tv was tiny, Remote did not work, hair dryer did not work, tried to charge me a different price then what I booked for and then I was told due to the exchange when though I provided a Canadian driver licence and explained it stated the price in CAD, had to pay for parking which is ridiculous if I'm paying to stay at the hotel. Overall disappointed with my stay at Motel 6.

Close proximity to falls and other forms of entertainment.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Where to start misrepresented themselves 30min walk to falls not 5. Room was dirty as well as bed sheets. Dryer and towel rack fell off the wall they did nothing. Not enough towels wifi didn't work. Pool gross and horribly overpriced . Also area is quit sketchy.

Very little. Only one dark haired conceirage was pleasant

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The shower didnt dispense enough water. The wall is thin, you can hear people closing their door in the hallway.

The facilities worked as expected. Comfortable bed. Spacious room.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

Would have preferred 2 beds in our accessible room and a clock.

Bed mattress was comfortable. Rooms were clean and simply decorated. Good air conditioner. We had an accessible room.The bathroom was roomy. Easy access, good location.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

If you want your room made up before 330 in a Motel half filled then go elsewhere.I can honestly say that this has NEVER happened while at a Motel before.

Desk staff very friendly except 1 rude and ignorant lady.

• Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The room didn't seem well cleaned, and it had an overwhelming dog odor. The shampoo bottles were only half full, and the towels were subpar. Lastly, there was not ample parking to accommodate the number of guests. It was disappointing to pay C$189 a night for a seemingly dirty room.

The staff is super friendly and I'm grateful that the hotel allows dogs. It gave us a chance to bring our small French bulldog along.

• Queen Suite with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

I didn't like that I was told one price when I booked and another when I arrived and that there was no one to answer my questions and help me. I didn't like that they didn't come and clean our room one of the days and I left the sign on the door for them to come, and I had to make sure they came the next day. I didn't like the pool