Reviews of Days Inn by Wyndham Montreal East 3 stars

5905 Boulevard Metropolitain est, Saint Leonard, H1P 1X3 Montréal, Canada

#100 of 134 hotels in Montréal

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The smelly suite carpet, mold smelling was in the air and the bed was too soft and bumpy.

we liked the "New renovation in the bathroom area of the suite,also we enjoyed the breakfast and area.

• Superior Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

When I asked for clean towels the next day because housekeeping was not done yet and I needed to take a shower, the front desk person did not respond well to my request. She questioned to why do I need fresh towels. No elevators, was unaware of that

Initially I was given room 117 where AC was not working which I had to later change. After 8 hours drive I was expecting a better check in. This property is too far from Old Port.No Microwave. Fridge is empty, you ll have to find vending machine which is located in some corner of the hotel and accepts only coins.

Parking was good.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The building needs renovations! Everything is very old and poor inside of the room, was a smell ... too expensive for the price! Breakfast good! Staff friendly!

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The bed in the Queen room is not queen bed as indicated. When we asked the receptionist if there is another room available, she offered a new bigger room but intentionally witheld the fact that there is no AC in the new room. Under general facilities, AC is listed as one of the items. When we mentioned this to the same staff when we checked out, she just ignored our comments. So staff is not honest and my advice is always look for if there is AC in the room the minute you walked in. This is my worse hotel experience so far. Would not go back and wod not recommand to others.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Front desk staff was rude and unhelpful Wifi would not work in room Building had very strong perfume smell

Property is located perfect for my business needs.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I requested late check out ( as a genius reward, it was supposed to be free) and a room on the lower floor, as i was having some mobility issues.....I didn't get either of these things, and when we checked in it was like they had no idea what I was talking about. We had a little problem with our door, it wouldn't lock and coule be easily pushed open. They did fix it, but we had to pack everything up and put it in out vehicle as we were going out for the day, this was a bit of a pain.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast is very average and the lady in the restaurant wasn't the friendly one. But overall bagels and bread were fresh.

Everything was very clean and neat

• Suite

I didn’t like that my booking said 1 king room and there was 2 queen beds .

The size of the room Free parking Closeness to the highway Tranquility Tv/Cable

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The 2 rooms that we got has a hole and smelly. I wanted to complain but we were so tired and sleepy. I told the receptionist during our check out but she just ignored me. The room number is 128! It has hole and the smell is coming out from there. I put tissue to cover the hole to reduce the smell, but still smelly. The 3rd room which is 129, is not as bad as the other room but the bed sheets has smell.

I booked 3 rooms on this hotel. The 1st room is bigger, cleaner and much nicer than the other two. It is free parking and breakfast included. Their breakfast food is not much choices to choose from but it was good.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Nothing major but the directions to the hotel on Google maps navigated me through Jarry to the back street which is a Cul-de-sac. Instead the hotel is accessible from the highway side road. Maybe management can fix the directions?

Location is on the Metropolitan highway, but the rooms are reasonably quiet (mine had the window looking on the highway and I wasn't bothered). Really convenient when you have a car.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Front Desk Lady was amazing, very sweet and kind. The rooms are basic, but comfortable bed and nice washroom. The breakfast was simple, cereal, bagels, hard boiled eggs, juice and yogurt, but its great for a quick meal in the morning. It was quiet, peaceful and always a great stay. This was my second time here and I'd recommend it.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The breakfest could have more variety.. For example more fruits, tomatoes, yoghurt and so on.. I don't mean the packaged staff, I mean a fresh buffet.. ;-) It's a 3 stars hotel, right?

Nice staff. If you have any issues, just ask them.. :-)

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room are very coold and heater doesn't work very well i didn't sleep well btw I book for 2 night and I need to check out before one night. Bcs I didn't like it bcs I very coold room and I'm freezing in side

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Staying in room 115, wifi signal was very weak, used most of my data this weekend instead because it wasn’t able to be used. Bedroom floor had many weird stains and carpet issues, bathroom was pretty small, due to the lovely shower, weird stain in the bed sheets closest to the window, back parking lot was a nice top off too when I opened my curtains.

Desk staff were really nice! Got 2 queen beds for the price of one and I was staying by myself. The shower. Bed was comfy.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I would have liked a bigger desk/table for my laptop and writing use.

Loved the cleanliness of the room. Beds were very comfortable. Location was excellent as there were a lot of stores and restaurants in the area. Friendly staff cared about your comfort.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Room too dark, ac/heat unit right below windows it kept blowing / lifting curtains off window, very annoying when trying to sleep.

Not the best breakfast but good enough

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

This location is not very good if you don't have a car or want to use public transportation. Also the breakfast is said to be until 10 am but around 9:00 - 9:30 am the staff stars removing some of the items from the breakfast room.

It's the only good location in St Leonard, Montreal. The hotel is comfortable, with large bedrooms and a large bathroom too. They offer good breakfast (bagels, bread, jam, juices). The parking lot is large and there is a 24/7 reception.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

location was great for access to old town,china town and the port. it was a easy walk to swartzs. the staff were always helpful and the common areas were kept clean constantly. the metro is close by for quick access to all parts of city

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

My biggest issue was the breakfast, It was just bagels, bread, croissant,boiled eggs, yogurt and juice. I hope they add a waffle machine. And the tv channels some froze.

I liked everything, the bed was comfy, bathroom was clean

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The bed was extremely uncomfortable. And very noisy area rooms, you can hear traffic, works next to the hotel and anyone walking near your door sounds like someone is coming through the door itself.

Great location and friendly staff.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Firstly, they take a $200 deposit and to date I STILL have not been refunded although I was promised the refund upon check out. The breakfast that is included is less than a traditional continental breakfast and the bare minimum... no frills ... no muffins... bread/cereal/boiled eggs/a couple of yogurts and small cups for coffee. The bed had a hole in it so you sunk into the mattress and was very uncomfortable, when we complained we did not get moved. The hotel is old and in need of updating. We should have gone elsewhere as it was not value for the money.

The hotel is close to the highway for travel.

• Suite

Certainly the place does not look like in the photos presented in Booking. It is much worst. I got really disapointed with that. The doors were dirty with paint, like the reform wasn't entirely complete. Air conditioning noisy. Room smelling wet carpet... Breakfast awful. Price is really expensive for what the hotel offers. I will never stay in that franchise again.

Nothing. I mean at least the room was really big.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Staff was rude Bathroom was disgusting It was so dark in our room because a light bulb was dead and they wouldn't give us a new one

Free parking

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room was extremely small. No mirror or microwave. I used the small bathroom mirror to prepare for my meeting. The bathroom was not cleaned properly. There was someone’s hair all Over the tub and the walls. Dust was on every surface in the room as well as fruit flies. Breakfast staff were bothered I was there towards the end of the time frame wanted me to leave. Room cleaner was asking to me leave to clean the room 2 hours before check out.

Front desk staff were great. Bed was comfortable.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

When we checked in the lady at the counter was very rude kept on complaining about her long day not something someone wants to hear on their vacation. She also charged us $18 more then what was mentioned on the website. She forgot to activate our key card so we had to come back from the other building. WiFi was awful not 1 single English channel offered on TV. Poor breakfast choices.

Our room was clean & had extra toiletries.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast room was really busy so a bit mental. Location is not good if visiting Montreal city. We had to get a taxi to the metro and then the metro in. No other way unless we drove into the city. Taxi was $18-20 each way to metro station. Small point but the beds we had, whilst really comfortable, were very high off the ground - not great if you have small legs!!

The room was large and clean. Staff were friendly and helpful. Big car park

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Took the ice cube tray out to put water bottles in to freeze for our cooler... When the ice cube tray melted it had black spores floating in the water... Thank goodness we got ice from the ice machine for our drinks ... And unfortunately there is only one ice machine on he property and it is a big place

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Finishing in the room was poor; door frame was bad, and likewise the ceiling. Room was tight. The sink was not draining properly, until I chased the reception three times to send someone.

Has own parking lot.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

First, they charged me $200 as a deposit without letting me before. Second, The room was so small and has a very bad smell. Third, the washroom was so small and the fan works with the light and it's so noisy Finally, if you have luggage DO NOT GO. They don't have an elevator. Not recommended at all!!

Friendly staffs

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast is gluten galore. No cheese, no yogourt, no fruit salad. Only bread, croissants, bagels, hard boiled eggs in shell, cereals. Price of room should include a decent breakfast beyond toasts.

Clean, our room recently renovated.

Nothing at all.. please booking .. ask them to change they fake picture..

Not safe for kids ... bathroom with mold and weird stain on the whall. Mold on the box spring and bed was the hi pointe of the trip. They add fake picture on booking. The room are really not what they show.. forget the fruit, yaourt and waffel machine they are fake on the picture.. One of the personnel at the front desk was horrible. And .. this is not a family motel... but with an escort ... i guess that the right spot ..

Remote control did not work. Some of the electrical outlets didn't work. No iron in the room. There was not a waffle maker for breakfast, or much variety.

It was clean

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Older hotel, many rooms had windows into the hallways, rather that to the outside.

Fair price, near major highway, easy to find, staff was very eager to help. Plenty of parking. Alina, the lady at the reception, was super nice and helpful. The breakfast was typical for a hotel of this class: coffee, pastry, hard-boiled eggs. Downtown Montreal was easily reachable by car.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Our room was not cleaned or restocked following our first night even though we were off site for the majority of the day

service was excellent and room was well organized and very clean Wi-Fi was excellent Breakfast was minimal

There was 1 microwave on a console at one of the stairwell which I guess was for all to use seeing that no microwaves wasn't in our room. And that particular microwave was very unclean which I did mention to the receptionist upon checking out. This was the only issue I had with the hotel

No protein was offered with breakfast, such as bacon and eggs. Hotel was under renovations, which I didn't know when booking. I had to book two rooms for number of guests they were not close to each other. One room was a nice size the other quite small. Coffee maker in small room had to be moved to find a place to plug it in.

Breakfast was free with the room booked 👍Parking was right outside of our entrance...very convenient. Reception and cafeteria staff were very helpful. All staff were pleasant. Refrigerator and coffee maker in room. There were a couple of nice restaurants within a short walk.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Bathroom fan sounded like a jet engine, floor in bedroom was on a slope...maybe added on to, hall walls needed repairing...a makeover desperately needed!

Very friendly receptionist who spoke English and French. Very helpful with directions. Complimentary breakfast with fruit, eggs, yoghurt etc. Beds comfy.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The breakfast were really just toast... no meat what so ever. The coffee through out the motel were like motor oil. The housekeeper never really cleaned the room or left and clean towels... The wifi don't work in any room and the TV seems to be unable to get English channels at certain times.

The front desk staff were helpful and friendly

The staff are friendly enough but unable to help us with request. One of our family member is having a hard time climbing stairs (short of breath due to her illness) and we requested a downstairs room but we're told they are fully booked. We asked for local map but they're out of it. Their computer is not working properly so it took sometime to check us in considering we booked this online to avoid hassle. Not very helpful with our questions about local bakery or place to eat. Will not be booking another room with this facility in the future.

The staff were friendly enough but unable to help us with our request.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

At check in the Receptionist was frustrated with her lack of access to resources (hotel room access key cards??) No bottled water to acquire (Complimentary or to Purchase). Motel is on a service road so it is noisy. Kids running around at 10pm (5yrs and 7yrs). Construction was in progress. Room 189 was on the 2nd floor ?? For Breakfast the coffee maker was not functioning. Floor in my room creaked, so I thought I was waking up the people below me. Room furnishings ... outdated. If you feel that $159. a night is value - then by all means stay at this motel (not hotel).

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Reception area clean and inviting.. Staff professional and helpful. The room was very clean and comfortable. We caught an early flight in the morning so didn't have an opportunity to partake in the complimentary breakfast. Great value!

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Was under renovations and I was placed in a room down a hallway completely under repair. Smelled of paint and chemicals. My room had water stains everywhere, bathtub did not drain. Was over priced for the amenities compared to other properties I've stayed. Considering the poor conditions of the room and bldg it should have been far less. Or at the very least my family should have been in a different wing with a newly renovated room.

Location was handy. Right off a major road and near places we wanted to visit

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

could not bring breakfast outside to my wife in car with my 3month old baby. ended up with no breakfast for both of us. will never reserve at days inn again.

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

More chanels The breafast instead 10 am could be 11 am People like to stay .es longer in the morning

Staff rooms 181 and 182 Breafast Wi-fi Location Very quit. Even close to the high wayand it's still quit

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The AC could use some cleaning The bed was too soft for me and my husband... we woke up with a little pain on our backs.

The place is nice, the room was clean. It was what we expected for the price we paid. The location is not bad for those who travel by car. Breakfast was Ok, few options but everything was fresh.

• Reviewed: 19 January 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Room smelled musky. The decor was out dated. The breakfast was sub-par.

Our items were not stolen. Our room didn't have a dead body under the bed. There were no bedbugs. That's as positive as it got.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

1) clocks weren't adjust to time change where we lost hour sleep 2) not variety choices for food complimentary breakfast 3) bathrooms were too small felt cramped in 4) shower head sucked 5) take someone deposit for accusing of them smoking in room, and you judge this all by picture taken from cell phone

Location was probably only good thing

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The Motel is under renovations , as a result they starting working at 09:00 hrs on a Sunday morning. Waking up to jack hammers is not what I was expecting on a Sunday morning. Very disappointing.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Some furniture in room a little rough and dated.... but didn't really affect my stay.

Very spacious room. Good value for cost of stay. Very close to my event.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

the room was so small , old , and doesn't look like the pictures , I found an insect on my bed , the bathroom was so small like an airplane bathrooms . Very far from downtown with traffic in Montreal it takes 45 minutes with a car

The staff was helpful but nothing in their hands

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Water stains on ceiling needs updating. No bureau couch was old. Couldn't shut bathroom door. Old mattresses n nightstand. Gross. Then when at checkout guy ask for discount she gave him 10% I asked she said no.

Coffee

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Actual maintenance was lacking. Floor creaked where wood plank had come up, deadlock on door didn't latch right, carpet was worn out and should be replaced.

Housekeeping was excellent. Breakfast was nice. Loved the option to eat on the patio. For our purposes(visit family) the location was ideal.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

• Suite

There were no elevators to the second floor, and we had several bags of heavy luggage, which made it very difficult. Of course, despite asking for a first floor, there were none available. The bathroom door blocks the toilet which was very uncomfortable and the toilet paper roll was on the left side, making it difficult to use. (Most people are right-handed, as are we). I literally banged my knee on the bathroom door that came within a few inches of the front of the toilet every time I walked into the bathroom. They offer a continental breakfast, but we were told that no food could be brought to the room and we were only allowed ONE item. I am a late sleeper and was not ready to go out in public prior to the breakfast closing, so my partner attempted to get me a yogurt and a pastry. He was told he could not bring me anything. The electricity did not work in the bathroom so it was difficult to blow dry my hair. The cable reception was minimal and the TV picture was pixelated to the point of barely being able to view. Very few channels were offered. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. There is nothing within walking distance if you want a late night snack; no restaurant or bar.

The evening receptionist, Antoinette, was very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

They were serving eggs that have been boiled a few days before and cracked and kept in the fridge. Awful to look at! Inedible! Plastic cutlery and plates. Are you kidding me?

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Room smelled a little funky, the temperature was just okay, at night it got really hot and the AC took a while to cool down. Felt it was a little over priced for what we got.

Clean washrooms, friendly staff, a very basic hotel for a nights stay.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

The old king sized bed was awfully squeaky and not comfortable for the backs. The hotel was located not too close to downtown, as the highways are closed for constructions, it is about 45 minutes with the detour. I would prefer the breakfast to have more then cereal and cold milk. The waffles was rushed to make and not cooked properly.

The staffs are friendly but they seemed under staffed.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

It appeared there was a Facecloth shortage. We had to ask for facecloth a everyday. A little far from bus route to metro.

Continental breakfast was very good. Staff very courteous and helpful. Room very clean. Laundry facility available

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Traffic around the location was chaotic. Breakfast was very bare bones - just pastries, toast, cereal, coffee & juice. Nothing else.

Very clean room and comfortable bed. Had a room not facing the street so was very quiet

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

I forgot a necklace on the table when we were leaving. As soon as I found out, I called back, and they said the house keeping has not seen anything. What dishonest staff they have!

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

This is an old motel that's had some updates, but most seem to have been in the lobby area. It's not in a great area - there aren't good places to eat close by, and getting into and out of the hotel is a bit of a challenge. The room was clean enough but with tile floors it was cold and clammy in the summer humidity. The back door was fixed so that it couldn't be locked, so security relied on your room door lock. I wouldn't stay here again but the bus tours seem to like it.

The staff were great - very helpful with a booking problem. Breakfast was okay - and included in room, so that is a perk.

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

We we got there, late night, the man at front desk, instead of welcoming us warmly, he demanded payment up front. I said to him, we are supposed to pay after check out but he insisted to make the full payment. That was the worst experience I have ever had in a hotel.

The location was far away from the city centre. For that price you expect a five star hotel

• Reviewed: 13 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room is very small; cleaning solutions leave a strong odour & the room feels a bit damp. One window looks across the parking lot, the other at a blank brick wall. Apart from the beds, the only furniture is a small corner table & 2 chairs. The common breakfast area is poorly laid out & spartan, although staff keep it clean & stocked. At other Days facilities, I've enjoyed nicer facilities for the price.

Staff were friendly, helpful & efficient. Room was scrupulously clean, a credit to housekeeping. Excellent Italian restaurant nearby.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

there was not safety box on the room, and they asked to pay when doing the check in Also a 100 USD deposit f in case of damages Chain on the lock broken

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room was fairly decent for the price. The walls were pretty thin and size of the room was small. They didnt provide an iron nor was there a full size mirror in the room.

For the price of the hotel, it was point on. I enjoyed the breakfast. Especiallly the waffles the breakfast crew was great.

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The price was ridiculously high for the quality of the hotel. The breakfast was mediocre, the location was hopeless for anyone who couldn't walk. The room was incredibly shabby. Not at all like the picture on your site. We would never stay in one again!!

The rooms were clean. The front desk staff were extremely nice and hepful.

• Reviewed: 25 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room online did not match the room in person. The room is dated and has much less space. There is almost no space to set anything down in the bathroom. The closet was the tiniest I have ever seen, it is a little inset over the refrigerator.

The staff graciously moved us to a ground floor room to accommodate a senior citizen. The bed was comfortable and clean.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The rooms were not cleaned up, and the following day the cleaning was done late in the afternoon. Unacceptable

The location was nice, and the breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: 13 July 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The shower could have been a little bit stronger, but there were plenty of towels and soap!

We liked the continental breakfast. It was satisfying. There were bagels, toast, jam, cream cheese, pastries, hard-boiled eggs and even waffles if you requested them. The bed was comfortable and the room was quiet.

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Noisy, very cheap bed and room very small. Not a great service at all. Waste of money, or better very overpriced considering the room size and distance to downtown city.

• Reviewed: 4 July 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

2 yr anniversary, got a shoe box room unlike the pictures. Got upgraded to a room with a Jaccousie, potato bugs, washroom door that won't latch and a basin drain clogged with hair! Thanks...

I got upgraded for same cost.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Location off the highway was awful.

Great staff, clean room, solid breakfast and reasonable stay just outside the city.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

the hotel need to upgrade or update the rooms it more of a motel not a hotel

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Hot water run out every morning.

The beds weren't comfortable

Location was great, for my needs.

Browse Days Inn by Wyndham Montreal East traveller photo gallery