Reviews of Novotel Ottawa 4 stars

Based on 1983 hotel reviews

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

looked the location.
    • Classic Room with Two Double Beds (3 Adults)

I saw that there was a continental breakfast on the website from booking.com when we went to eat the morning of, we were told that was discontinued a month prior. I only booked the reservation 2weeks ago. this is one of the reasons we picked this hotel.

looked the location. did ask to be close to Carleton University. we ended up close to Ottawa University instead. not a big issue for us.

• Reviewed: 12 October 2018

Well located hotel, with comfortable room, free WiFi and friendly staff. What else do you need?
    • Classic Room with Two Double Beds (2 adults)

Well, my room didn't have a nice view... and I didn't like the lighting system and the size of the desk (I needed to work with my laptop in the room). But I could manage it...

Well located hotel, near a shopping mall and the Byward Market. It was a very spacious room, with great shower and a perfect sound isolation. WiFi worked perfectly, and the swimming pool was a real treat. The staff was very friendly and helpful to accommodate my needs regarding the period of my stay!

• Reviewed: 12 October 2018

• Classic Room with Two Double Beds (2 adults)

Parking. I parked underground and next day morning the our sun grasses were stolen. Speaking to the counter, they avoided responsibility because parking lot is not own.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

Best location in downtown Ottawa!
    • Classic King Room

Powdered coffee creamer for our in-room coffee curdled - all 3 mornings - we kept trying!

The location! Walking distance to Byward Market, parliament buildings, etc.

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

Everything else.
    • Superior Room 1 King Bed

The parkade below is a public parkade and very expensive

Everything else. Breakfast is fantastic, location and service is great. I would go back to this hotel first when revisiting Ottawa

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

Never again
    • Classic Room with Two Double Beds (2 adults)

The beds are not comfortable. The cleaning lady just comes in the room in the morning without knocking. The parking is very stresful to find, not enough space and very expensive.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

Disappointed
    • Classic Room with Two Double Beds (2 adults)

The beds were very uncomfortable and only had a blanket. If you wanted to sleep under a sheet you were directly on the mattress, gross.

Very close to the University, which was the reason for our stay

• Reviewed: 28 September 2018

Very clean and comfortable.
    • Superior Room 1 King Bed

The only negative was the noise from the heavy hotel room doors banging closed. For a light sleeper, it's a disruption every time other guests go in or out of their room during the night. It'd be great if they could put felt pads on the doors to muffle the sound.

Very clean and comfortable. We had a king bed with white bedding and a huge bathroom with two shower heads.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

Convenient Ottawa
    • Classic Room with Two Double Beds (2 adults)

Not 100% clean. Found a ( used?) contact lens on the night table from the room's previous occupant. The staff was prompt in disposing of it and sanitizing the night table but I did not expect such an obvious miss by the staff. Carpet in the hallway was bunched up in places and needs to be replaced or adjusted.

Loved the location. Close to everything downtown and Parliament and other attractions. Room service was prompt and the food was excellent. Very well equipped gym and pool. In spite of fun the cleanliness fax pas, I would consider staying there again.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

Overall good.
    • Classic Room with Two Double Beds (2 adults)

Didn’t like that when I came back to my room all my stuff was in the lost and found. Housekeeping thought I had checked out and left stuff behind.

How close the hotel is to mall. Byeard market and university

I would stay here again, Great location to the Byward Market, the Rideau Centre and other interests.
    • Superior Room With 2 Double Beds (2 Adults)

The only thing that I didn't like was that there were no snack machines on any of the floors. The restaurant was "reservation only" and no little shop to get a bottle of water or snack if you didn't want to go out.... I was there during the tornado and felt trapped in my room with no where to go within the hotel to eat or grab a snack.

Room was very clean and newly renovated. The bed was extra comfortable, I liked that you could switch off the lights right from the bed so that was a bonus. Room was on a corner so there was no noise.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

We stayed in the hotel from the 23/08/2018 to the...
    • Superior Room 1 King Bed

We stayed in the hotel from the 23/08/2018 to the 26/08/2018. The room and service of the hotel is good, but we are really unsatisdied with a unreasonable extra charge. The charge on the credit card is 68CAD higher than the final price revealed on the reservation。At the first,the hotel staff said it was caused by tax. When we checked with them again, they found the extra charge is caused by the security deposit. Although it has been nearly a month since our stay, we are still struggling with getting the hotel to release the security deposit.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Excellent!!
    • Classic King Room

My soy latte in the Albio was substituted with almond milk. I wasn’t informed about the change until it was made. Plus it was not made well. I didn’t drink it. Our kettle leaked but Arman is going to fix it :)

That we could open the window for fresh air. The coffee in the room was great with decaf option. The chair that adjusts to Our height was excellent. Pool was great/clean. Room was clean clean.Thank You

• Classic Room with Two Double Beds (2 adults)

The mini fridge was not cooling enough! But I was PROMPTLY served with a different one. Amazing.

Everything! From the very friendly and courteous staff to the accommodations. Clean (impeccable), quiet (soundproof) comfortable, spacious, functional room. I loved the shower and the fast WiFi. Hotel nicely located next to the Byward Market and Rideau Mall.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

espresso coffee provided with the breakfast provided with...
    • Classic King Room

there was a must smell from the ventilation system and the door to the bathroom did not close all the way

espresso coffee provided with the breakfast provided with room, a small thing which would go a long way.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

A business hotel in the very heart of Ottawa.
    • Classic Room with Two Double Beds (2 adults)

A business hotel in the very heart of Ottawa. Walkable distance to main POIs - Parliament Hill, Rideau Canal, Byward Market, restaurants, bars, shopping malls. Even the city of Gatineau on the other side of the river is just 1.1 km when crossing Alexandra bridge, a fact that could turn into a nice promenade. Clean facilities, really polite front desk staff, fast check-in/check out process. Room was clean with everything necessary for making this stay comfortable.

Disconcerting
    • Superior Room 1 King Bed

I would not recommend parking your car at the Novotel as the car park is high theft. We were vandalized as were other vehicles. Some of the management acknowledged this while others were indifferent. Our holiday was ruined. yes we are responsible for our valuables but when the hotel is aware of this ongoing issue they need to inform and communicate this to their guests. In knowing this I would have made different choices. The trust was broken and communication is key. To pass the issue onto the owners of the car park only reiterates that your concerns were not heard. Sorry is not enough.....

The hotel is great. Location is fantastic......staff super......however.....

• Classic Room with Two Double Beds (2 adults)

At the beginning they put us in a rotten, old, smelly room. We found even some belongings of previous guests. They have refurbished floors and old floor. I insisted they move me to the refurbished ones, they even have the same price.

Centrally Located
    • Superior Room 1 King Bed

I didn’t like having to have my keypass with us at ALL times or we didn’t have access such as elevators, especially the floor to floor access,and no access to the main public washroom without Room Key! I didn’t get to spend much time at the pool because it was quite the walk there, not really well indicated where to enter the pool once in the hallway, and there were many unsupervised children constantly yelling and jumping in the pool and so It wasn’t so relaxing!

Great friendly atmosphere, centrally located to all tourism sites!

Excellent stay at Novotel Ottawa
    • Superior Room 1 King Bed

The parking charges for this hotel were insanely expensive. The amount of space per vehicle was totally inadequate. The door to the bathroom had a squeak that was very loud and annoying.

Room facilities were good, very clean, modern and comfortable. Breakfast buffet was excellent. Staff very friendly and efficient. Location to downtown Ottawa superb.

The room was clean and well furnished, like the rest of the...
    • Classic King Room

There wasn't any parking price reduction for gests. This kind of details makes you feel part of something, a bit special and in return, with a little effort, the hotel appears to their clients more deserving than others. Unfortunately that hasn't been the case.

The room was clean and well furnished, like the rest of the hotel. The staff was excellent.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

• Classic King Room

The room is too small compare to Novotel hotel in Montreal. I request for higher floor but they said that it all taken up. However the reception told me that I have to pay extra $20 per night for higher floor which I think they should not charge me

The room is spacious and clean Good kocation

Good location close to it all, could not ask for more.

Loved it all.

Comfortable bed, clean hotel in a VERY good location close to everything, I could not have asked for me. My 2nd stay with them and more than likely my goto hotel in Ottawa based on location and how good the staff is.

Moldy air conditioning and dirty carpet
    • Classic King Room

The air conditioning was very moldy. It was like putting your head in a washing machine where you have forgotten a wet load of laundry for 5 days. Created head ache, joint ache, and by the morning chest stuffiness. Did not sleep all night because if it. Normally, I would have called right away to change room. However, when I registered and asked to change level for more quiet (always request this when I book and was not respected and they denied I had requested it!!!), I was told that was the only room available in the hotel as they were fully booked. The carpet were dirty. The sheet smelled as if from hospital laundry. The night before I had slept at the Montreal airport Sheraton for almost half the price and five times the quality. I have used Novotel in the past in Europe and was super impressed(even extended my stay). This location did not meet the standard!

Bathroom was modern. Restaurant staff were very pleasant.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Great location, in a very lively area in downtown Ottawa...
    • Classic Room with Two Double Beds (2 adults)

Great location, in a very lively area in downtown Ottawa with plenty of restaurants, cafés, shops, supermarkets, etc., as it is just a 5-minute walk to the Byward Market area. It's also a short walk to most of the city's places of interest such as the Canal Rideau, the Parliament, the National Gallery of Cananada or the Notre-Dame Cathedral. The facilities are new and modern, the room we stayed in was big and spacious and the kingsize beds were very comfy. The staff was friendly and helpful.

Breakfast is good
    • Classic Room with Two Double Beds (2 adults)

I have thought breakfast 2person it was only for 1person . We paid extra Parking limited time Maxium pay We have to check out sharp 12noon. If we extend we have to pay $10 for each hour

Breakfast is good Location is good

Great after a forced upgrade.
    • Classic King Room

On my arrival the elevator to the carpark was out of order and the room that was initially allocated to me was not clean.

The upgraded room was excellent and the staff, restaurant and office facilities were good.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Very enjoyable, great central location.

Electric outlets closer to beds would have been more convenient.

The beds were very comfortable. Front desk staff were very good and handled our complicated three-room family booking very well, especially Troy who went out of his way to ensure our stay was enjoyable.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

good location - you can reach center in 10 minutes walking,...
    • Classic Room with Two Double Beds (2 adults)

parking is narrow for even crossover and not very convenient, but applicable for the center

good location - you can reach center in 10 minutes walking, helpful and kind staff, clean and nice room, comfortable beds, nice breakfast, tea and coffee makers, wi-fi is good, possible late check-out

Modern and comfort which located in the middle of city

TV's setting located a upper space on desk above. A bit disturbing from TV's sound and TV screen when you use to work on desk.

As expected Novotel brand provide a modern and comfort which located in the middle of city. Excellent location that just few minutes walking to the heart of Ottawa like Parliament of Canada, Canal, and Byward Market Area. Staff performs very nice and responsible. Room facilities are very functional and friendly. Wifi connection very fast Bad was very comfort and good to sleep. Wash room and shower place clean and provide a comfort experience.

Would not stay here again.
    • Superior Room With 2 Double Beds (2 Adults)

Don’t get the breakfast. It was disgusting! The lounge manager was an unpleasant fellow the food was cold and tasted awful. There was no coffee and it isn’t organized on top of all that. Further we were charged 22.00 for literally 1 bite of food that’s how terrible it was. They were not accommodating at all, breakfast was to be included and then the extra charge - the morning after the stay was AWFUL!

The location was amazing! It smelled clean (like a new car) but the carpet in the room was wet. They allowed us to check in with no additional fee at 12:00pm

Very satisfying experience/comfort for myself and mentally disabled brother.
    • Classic Room with Two Double Beds (2 adults)

Very loud and disturbing noises outside of hotel - fireworks? Difficult to find hotel first time by car - made wrong turn [no directional signs for hotel] and had to inquire of people on street. Note I do not have GPS in my car.

Ease of parking; friendly attendance by front desk staff; efficiency/clean work of housekeepers [i left a tip]; high quality of in-room coffee; ease of access to Byward Market and Rideau Centre.

value money for good room
    • Superior Room 1 King Bed

swimming pool smell give Caroline to corridor of rooms in 5th floor.

good location ,very helpful and kind staff and comfort room. cross to Rideau Mall and center ( good for shopping )

Very friendly staff and although the rooms are very compact...
    • Classic Room with Two Double Beds (2 adults)

The pool and hot tub are connected and sharred with another hotel. Too crowded and packed with noisy, splashing children .

Very friendly staff and although the rooms are very compact they were very clean

Not worth the $$!
    • Superior Room With 2 Double Beds (4 Adults)

Paper thin walls. Didn’t realize i checked in to an old folks home, not aloud to talk in our room without people complaining. Definitely not returning there. Not worth what they charge.

Great location. easy access to Ottawa attractions, restaurants, etc.
    • Classic King Room

Mixup with reservation having booked through Booking.com. However it was resolved.

Great breakfasts. comfortable room and beds. Enjoyed the swimming pool.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Our room was recently renovated so the bathroom had a...
    • Classic King Room

Our room was recently renovated so the bathroom had a wonderful rain shower and the bed was very comfortable. The room was very clean and modern. Location is very close to The Byward Market and right across from the Rideau Centre.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Great location and overall a pleasant stay
    • Classic Room with Two Double Beds (2 adults)

No freezer in the mini bar fridge, unable to keep my ice packs frozen during the stay. No help with parking and luggage at the entrance, could be quite inconvenient for drop-off and pick-up. Underground parking costs $28 per day in the hotel building or CF rideau mall across the street. But you can always find some municipal lots around at more reasonable prices.

Unbeatable location at the heart of Ottawa, right across rideau mall with walking access (10-15mins) to biz area and major attractions (parliament hill, canal, national gallery, Ottawa gallery and byward market). Friendly and helpful staff, clean room and comfy beds. Good value for money as compared with similar hotels in the area.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Good stay overall
    • Classic King Room

Parking was supposed to bw included and was not. Accessible through the facility but 28$ a day. So was disappointed. In Ottawa, I believe that people working with the public should be able to speak in both official languages. Front desk clerk spoke only English.

Clean room. Facility 5 to 10 minute to parlement, byward market and accross the street from the Rideau shopping center. Good location.

Would i go back probably not
    • Classic Room with Two Double Beds (3 Adults)

Extra cost for parking my rental plus my daughter vehicle and not enough parking spots for the price it should be inclusive not much of fridge and safe froze up and expensive parking and expensive restaurant.

Nice hot tub.

Two night stay in Ottawa
    • Classic King Room

No valet parking, no help with luggage, flickering pot light in the room. I had dog food out for my pet and it attracted a swarm of ants. I told front desk about it when checking out. Worst poutine I’ve had to date; was not fries just quartered roasted potatoes and salty gravy with cheese curds. A lot of large groups staying there, sports teams, etc. Hallways not air conditioned so it felt like walking through a sauna.

Location right across from CF Rideau shopping center and Byward Market, walking distance to Parliament buildings, museums and Rideau Canal, price, pet friendly, room service

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Location was great with small children for visiting all of...
    • Superior Room With 2 Double Beds (3 Adults)

Parking is expensive, not a lot of designated spaces and older so not easy to park SUV's or larger vehicles Pool is shared with Les Suites can be busy at times and far walk from rooms

Location was great with small children for visiting all of the sites. Great for shopping beside Rideau Centre.

In spite of the upmentioned the hotel is nice ,rooms are...

Carpet on the 4th floor was very dirty. Main lobby with a minimalist design and not very clean is leading your thoughts to something not very reliable. We also found one of the bathrooms dirty.

In spite of the upmentioned the hotel is nice ,rooms are clean and comfortable. Situated in the middle of everything, walking distance to the Parliament and Rideau Chanel.

Staff were friendly at check in and check out.
    • Classic King Room

Had to pay extra for parking upon arrival.

Staff were friendly at check in and check out. Room was clean. Location was excellent to parliament building

Overall a nice hotel, clean, modern and well located downtown and across from Rideau centre.
    • Superior Room 1 King Bed

The mattresses were awful. Getting to the hotel was tricky- on a corner and many one way streets

The room ( 2 double beds) and full bathroom with tub and shower were a nice size, very clean. Great pool and hot tub. Nice big TV.

The location was unbeatable.
    • Classic King Room

The location was unbeatable. With a major shopping centre right outside, Byward Markets a few minutes walk and all downtown attractions (such as parliament hill and the canal) within walking distance, I think you would be hard pressed to find a hotel with a better location. Staff was very helpful and room service prices were actually reasonable to our surprise. We also got a free room upgrade which was a bonus!

Fantastic stay!
    • Superior Room With 2 Double Beds (2 Adults)

Lighting in room was poor as well mirrors were only in bathroom and a very narrow part right outside of bathroom, making it a bit congested in morning.

Included breakfast far surpassed my expectations! Wonderful pastries!

Great get away lots to see and do, byward market is a must
    • Classic King Room

The tours could be set up through the hotel

Room was clean, nice bathroom location was great, vehicle stayed in the parking garage until we left, location of hotel is excellent

Great city to visit and a Great hotel to stay.
    • Superior Room 1 King Bed

We were well pleased with everything.

This was our first trip to Canada and we enjoyed the city and the Novatel very much. The location is great to walk to the Market, to the Shaw Centre, the Canal, and to Parliament Hill. The room was wonderful. Nice shower and comfortable bed. We would stay again!!!

As a male the bathroom toiled to urinate was annoying with...
    • Classic King Room

As a male the bathroom toiled to urinate was annoying with the cover of the toilet having to to use one hand to keep it up. Air conditioner was on its coldest and the room still seemed sub par not even cold. Bedroom looked way bigger in pictures.

Great location - just outside Byward market and a stone’s...
    • Classic Room with Two Double Beds (2 adults)

Great location - just outside Byward market and a stone’s throw away from a shopping mall that had every store you could need. Short and scenic walking distance to Parliament hill and the Ottawa river. Surrounded by various restaurants. A very comfortable stay with amazing, helpful staff.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to tour the cityand shop at thr Rideau Centre
    • Classic King Room

parking garage was very confusing...not enough posted exit signs and it would have been helpful if we'd been given a parking pass...had to use the help button to have someone raise the bar.

very convenient location very comfortable beds great breakfast buffet

The stay was good. Room adequate and quiet. Annoying details needed fixing
    • Classic Double Room with Two Double Beds (4 Adults)

There were some annoying details that needed fixing. The heat/cool thermostat did not work. The room was either too cold or too hot. There was no information in the room regarding Hotel details. There were no drawers to put clothes in.

The location is superb if you want to be downtown Ottawa. The Hotel and restaurant were clean and provided reasonably good service. Good value for money.

Relaxing and fun
    • Classic King Room

The bathroom door... It's sort of a glass door! Why??? Go only if you're comfortable with your partner knowing that you're pooping! :D

Excellent location just by the Byward Market. Restaurants, bars, and a mall just across the street. Rideau Canal and Parliament only few steps away. Staff is amazing. Rooms are wide and clean. Hotel has a decent pool, regular fitness room, and a great bar! Perfect for couples.

The hotel is very nice.
    • Classic King Room

Oh room only had a standup shower, I wish there was a tub.

The hotel is very nice. However you could tell that the price was inflated for the long weekend.

Would recommend and would stay again.
    • Classic Room with Two Double Beds (2 adults)

Reception staff were very friendly and answered all our tourist questions with a smile. We were upgraded to a newly refurbished room which was excellent. Location is very central and made for easy walking to attractions. Great place to stay.

Location, location, location!
    • Superior Room 1 King Bed

Parking was expensive at $28 per day.

If you book the newely renovated Next Generation rooms: decent sized rooms with a comfy bed and soft pillows, clean bathroom with a nice rain-shower and just 2 blocks from monsterous choices of restaurants and bars in ByWard Market and a 10-15 min walk to Parliment Buildings and Rideau Canel. If staying on the 9th floor you may find the ice machine a little loud, but it didn’t bother us too much. Overall a great stay!

The location is the most convenient in Ottawa .
    • Superior Room 1 King Bed

The location is the most convenient in Ottawa . I think that for tourists , it’s just the best place . The staff are very nice and very efficient. The breakfast was very good . Next voyage to Ottawa , Novotel on Nicholas street is where I would choose to stay . Thanks !

Maybe during breakfast someone can come around and fill up...
    • Classic King Room

Maybe during breakfast someone can come around and fill up your water since there very small glasses. Also warn people that there swimming pools are closed on certain dates.

will never stay here again....not worth the money...
    • Classic Room with Two Double Beds (2 adults)

the bed was not queen size, (as were shown in pic) very small for two adults. we were travelling with our 13 yr old son. the floor which we got was totally like a cocoon, the fourth floor was like a dungeon.. all surrounded by other rooms. we were not able to open our curtains even as WE WERE ALL SURROUNDED BY ROOMS....AND EVERYONE CAN LOOK INTO YOUR ROOM, WHEN YOU HAVE THE LIGHTS ON.. SO NO PRIVACY AT ALL.... we stayed for two nights. the lighting is so bad, it was not even possible to see your face in the mirror provided in the room. every time my wife has to go to washroom for makeup or she has to even wait , coz if I or our son was using the washroom. so she could get ready. so bad lighting. will never stay there again or even recommend this hotel to any one. pls donot use there pool, as it is shared one with les suites hotel... and there were no towels in the pool area.. and the pool is so small for such TWO big hotels.....there is so much construction going on in downtown area.. it was so difficult to get to the hotel...

NOTHING...

Overall enjoyable.
    • Classic King Room

Ice machine near our room purged in middle of the night. Woke us up. Continued purging ice for several minutes. Also, would have preferred on site parking.

Bed was comfortable. Room recently renovated

Never again
    • Superior Room 1 King Bed

I booked this hotel because of the free breakfast and swimming pool and free parking, only to arrive and find out it’s 30$ a day for parking , swimming pool was closed down during the time I was there , and when I entered for breakfast at 830 half of the stuff was not available. Bed was hard. Had to call many times to get room cleaned. Problem when checking in. Only thing good about this hotel was he location, and the manger was very nice.

Pool was closed and "inclusive breakfast" only...
    • Classic King Room

Pool was closed and "inclusive breakfast" only included one person which they don't tell you until you go to the restaurant , other than that great staff beautiful room. Good overall experience .

It was a nice hotel but the bed would deter me from staying there again.
    • Superior Room 1 King Bed

Bed was firm and uncomfortable. Woke up with a sore back. Not enough healthy small options for breakfast. I could only order the oatmeal. I would have like yoghurt.

Gym facilities and excellent location. Hotel itself was modern and clean.

Room dissatisfaction, not value for money
    • Classic Room with Two Double Beds (2 adults)

ROOm 317 , not rénovés I guess , not worth more 100$ ... shower took m for ever to figure out how to turn on and off , no cream and room very dry , wasn’t capable to open windows for fresh air , pillows to thick . Reception, pool gym was amazing... so really expected more about room

Parking , reception, staff , gym , pool

Housekeeping does not respect the Do Not Disturbe sign!
    • Superior Room 1 King Bed

I wanted to sleep in so I put the do not disturbe sign on the door. The cleaning lady barged in at 8:45am! Scared the living daylights out of me. When I told the front desk staff about it, she just said sorry and brushed it off. Didn’t offer me any type of consolation.

Great location Int the heart of the city. The majority of things to see are within walking distance.

Love-Love-Love
    • Classic King Room

During this visit, the room I had was too close to the side of the dumpsters. Unfortunately that sound woke me up. But it was not too disturbing. Simply was not ideal. However, Since I was able to check in early, the noise was a minor issue, in favour of the customer service received.

+ The vibe + The overall design + Comfortable beds, room layout + Walking distance from everything ... And the Albion Room resto is amazing. Drinks are prepared by knowledgeable staff and the fish & chips remind me of a dish I have in Scotland. (I would stay there every time that I am in Ottawa if I had the same rate.)

Our first visit, but we will return to this wonderful hotel. Excellent value.
    • Superior Room 1 King Bed

Very convenient to the Byward Market area and Rideau Center. Outstanding breakfast buffet. Very clean, comfortable room. Nice fitness center and pool too.

The room was recently renovated and very modern and cozy.
    • Classic King Room

The cost of parking should have been included. It was a very large extra expense. The room service food menu was also very small. Breakfast options would have been ideal.

The room was recently renovated and very modern and cozy. The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful and the location was perfect.

Will definitely stay again!
    • Classic King Room

The parking was a little pricey, but the in and out privledges were worth it. There was a fire alarm at 4:30 am but thankfully it was false.

We were upgraded upon our arrival to a junior suite. It was lovely and the bed very comfortable. Loved the large shower and Nespresso coffee :)

We were pleased with our stay, found the room and linen very clean.
    • Classic King Room

The fact that the bathroom fan did not function while taking a shower and the ceiling surrounding the fan has peeled paint which is an inappropriate feature considering the rate charged per night.

Likely won't stay at another Novotel hotel based on this experience.
    • Classic King Room

- bathroom door didn't close - no heat in bathroom or working fan - pillows were lumpy - fire alarm went off at 4:30 am with evacuation of hotel (second Novotel hotel stay for myself, second fire alarm evacuation) - small room - poor view - curtains didn't close properly

- king-size bed was roomy and comfortable

Overall was good, especially the staff but only issue was Breakfast.
    • Classic Room with Two Double Beds (3 Adults)

The issue with breakfast was that on the website I was told it is included in the price I was paying. But when I attended the lady charged me $66 for 3 people. I think it is not ethical to avoid being clear that certain things are not included. Thank you

I will definitely stay here again. Hopefully they have provided a teapot the next time I'm back
    • Classic Room with Two Double Beds (2 adults)

the rooms are not that big and the coffee maker. I was expecting a teapot or a microwave since I drink tea a lot.

Perfect location.... staffs are very accommodating and helpful..

almost perfect except for the tea/coffee maker..
    • Classic Room with Two Double Beds (2 adults)

The coffee maker was small and we have to heat water several times for 2 cups of tea...we were expecting a tea pot and a microwave just like the other hotels...

The front desk staff are very very helpful and welcoming. They even provided us with a packed ice for our stuffs that needed to stay cold until we get home without even requesting it. We requested for a late check out. They gave the first hour for free and the next hours for CAD$10 for each hour which is quite cheap... The location was perfect. I will definitely stay here again and will even recommend it.