Reviews of Omni Mont-Royal Hotel 4 stars

1050 Sherbrooke Street West, H3A 2R6 Montréal, Canada

#28 of 134 hotels in Montréal

-Only 3 elevator for such a huge hotel has now and then led to longer waiting time -Feels a little outdated as many other hotels in Montreal.

-Great staff -Lots of space, great beds, nice rooms -Great location and good restaurant and bar within the hotel

• Executive Suite

Valet parking. Car was filthy on the outside and someone decided to have lunch in the car leaving empty food containers under the seat. I do not allow eating in the car.

Wonderful location, helpful staff, excellent room

• Premium Double Room with Two Double Beds

There is nothing that I can think of! Very accessible to the airport! Taxi, Uber to things! Mall within walking distance

I like the accessibility to the mall! Staff was very accommodating!

• Premium King Room

Mattress in room 2902 was sagging in middle and needs to be replaced. Water pressure is poor on 29th floor compared to shower pressure on 21st and 15th floor in my experience.

Shower pressure is excellent on 21st floor rooms when I bring my own "old-school" shower head. The corner rooms are cozy with great views. Room 2102 faces the mountain with less sunshine, and room 2115 faces the city with sunshine all day long. Both rooms are my favorite corner rooms. Higher floors offer better views but sacrifice shower pressure. Great management team!

The parking was a nightmare: under construction, the access was too narrow ((old), the payment machine wouldn't take creditcards.

The door man at night and the check in people were terrific. .The people generally were very nice

In room coffee could be stronger and more available without having to find housekeeping for more. It would have been convenient to have a small microwave in the rooms as other hotels do.

The rooms are a good size. The TV was larger than most hotels. The view from our room was great and our floor seemed quiet, we weren't disturbed by other noisy guests or housekeeping speaking loudly in the morning as they do in many hotels.

The room was beautiful and very spacious. The location is perfect, very close to metro station Peel, shopping, restaurants, bars and lots of different parking options available.

The atmosphere

I had asked for something special because it was my anniversary. The staff said they would be sending some wine and snacks up and they never came.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Not good value for money. Had to pay an unusually high amount of money for things like Wifi, valet parking and in room films

room beautifully decorated and comfortable. Hotel well situated.

I liked everything.

The hotel is well situated. It offered a pleasant ambience both physically and through its very attentive staff. The gym access 24 hrs was a plus. Also, food at the restaurant and room service was great.

The air conditioning in room 3115 did not work and the fan was noisy. Consequently I had 2 nights of poor sleep in a very hot room. I did not complain when I checked out as I was in a hurry

Friendly staff

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The workout / spa-like areas are minimal. The pool is seasonal (i.e., summer only) and there is no sauna or steam-room, as there used to be. The only restaurant is very good for breakfast, but quite pricey for supper. Presently there is also a lot going on in the way of renovations.

The hotel is perfectly situated for access to downtown activities and McGill University. Our room was on an upper floor and very quiet. Very nicely appointed. Being an Omni Select Guest is also a plus at any Omn hotel.

My room was very outdated. I did not feel like I was staying at 4-Star hotel. There was no shower gel provided by hotel. Room service was very slow, and the food was not really tasty, but expensive!

The hotel has a great location. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

I really detest it when a hotel charges for internet in this day and age; it is a necessity like a phone or plumbing!! And the hotel is charging enough for the rooms. Luckily I learned before arriving that if you join their rewards program (only takes a few minutes on line) they will give it to you free. At $12 or so a day, charging for wifi is ridiculous.

Very large double bed room...very nice lamps! Updated '70's decor. Cleaning staff were excellent. Hope they are well paid. Doorman was also very professional, even standing outside most of the day in very cold weather. Very good security safe at head level (no crouching down on the floor like some places) and nice fridge, not stuffed with things you don't need to buy. Location is superb.

Can’t think of anything to complain about.

Friendly and accommodating staff helped ease the check-in process. Very nice bar in the hotel. Comfortable bed. Great location, close to shops, restaurants, pubs and all the attractions of downtown Montreal.

Noisy from room next door and above, but nothing horrible.

Great spot - lovely decor and lobby. Great service at both the desk and lounge. Will be back. Always love Omni Hotels.

Bar atmosphere not inviting. Decor of entire hotel could be modernized a bit. But it’s not terrible.

Excellent location for McGill university. Clean, comfortable, spacious room with king bed. Old-fashioned feeling but not cloying. Excellent bagel with lox breakfast. I liked that the place is not pretentious.

Pool closed too early—better if stayed open until 9 pm, jacuzzi until 10 pm. Room was not cleaned, even though I did NOT leave privacy sign out. I was charged at the bar for someone else’s meal. In-room WiFi should be free for guests. The waiter at the bar was very loud in complaint about another customer. He went on and on and really ruined the atmosphere.

Pool! Opus restaurant, location—proximity to McGill and shopping, view, gym

• Executive Suite

Our room was right by the lift, we couldn't hear it but it did mean that people were hanging around outside the room. The suite had an adjoining door, and we could hear another couple arguing quite loudly through the door. It didn't matter too much, we still loved the room and the hotel.

We had a suite with an amazing view. We stayed here once before and loved it, so came back for this stay. Our room last time had no view, whereas this one had a great view as we were higher up and more to the right.

Food service

The details to excellence I had called ahead regarding directions to a Cat Cafe and they were waiting in my room when I arrived plus a lovely picture of a cat

• Executive Suite

We love this location - so close to the McGill campus and quick walk to Rue Ste. Catherine for dining and shopping. Our room had a spectacular view of the city and the staff were all extremely friendly and helpful.

Not much. The room felt like they stuffed a king size bed into a closet. It was so small and the decor was out dated. There were extension cords running everywhere which seemed to be a fire hazard. There was no ventilation in the bathroom. The refrigerator was tiny and the rug seemed dirty.

With how much we paid to stay, the wifi could have been free...

We liked that it was clean and quiet. The view out the window was nice. Excellent location and we could walki to everything easily. Room service was prompt and very good. The Opus restaurant in the hotel was excellent.

Room spacious - comfortable, well placed sofa for relaxing & tv. Very comfy bed & pillows. Efficient maid service. Loved the wall of windows overlooking the city.

It wasn't really close to the river or Old Montréal but that part of town wad witbin walking distance. Drinks inthe bar were expensive and limited range.

A really nicd hotel, good sized room, near the art museums, on really nice street, rue Sherbrooke. There was a metro stop a block away. Helpful staff - the concierge was really great. There was art everywhere.

• Premium Double Room with Two Double Beds

The location is great close to any places you may want to go. Bed and pillows are super comfortable. Gym and pool are big enough. The lobby is not so big and impressive but the bar is more live than the other hotels close to here. The bar tender is such a nice man and drinks are great. On the last day a car hit our rental scooter and left but the door man saw and took his plate no which it was so helpful for us to get the police report. Appreciate to the team. I didn't have breakfast so I have no idea about it. I will definitely stay there next time as well.

• Executive Suite

Room not available at time specified by hotel. They tried to get me to take a lower spec room. All resolved eventually but not a great start to the visit.

Great room - perfect for families. Location ideal. Nice pool and hot tub.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

There was nothing that I didn't like.

It's a beautiful hotel and the staff is extremely friendly and helpful. It's located near many galleries and museum and it's also near the McGill campus. Note: I indicated "travel with family" but the family member was my grown son who is 28.

The Omni is always a gracious place to stay. The rooms are spacious and well appointed. The staff are personal and attentive. And the location - steps to McGill university, the Musee de Beaux Arts, shopping and excellent restaurants - can't be beat.

I can't think of anything we didn't like.

We enjoyed our 2 days spent at the Omni in Montreal for many reasons but the top being the excellent location (we could easily walk or drive to a lot sights and neighborhoods). The valet staff was very friendly, as was the concierge staff - because of them, we discovered the best bagels (in the world), the most lovely children's park in Mont Royal, and the easiest way to get to the freeway vs. how our phone app was routing us. The hotel overall was a standard Omni experience - well decorated, professional staff, clean rooms, and nice bonuses such as their pool and hot tub. We were traveling with our 7 month old baby and our room was the perfect size for the addition of a crib -- it didn't feel cramped at all. Our bathroom was generously sized. We stayed in a second hotel in Montreal later on our Canada trip (Courtyard Marriott Downtown) and we definitely wished we had booked the Omni again instead.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

Softer pillows

Breakfast was excellent. Staff very helpful and polite.Beds were comfortable and the pillows were abit hard. But the overall experience was great.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

The streets and sidewalks around the hotel are under construction.

The staff was unfailingly kind and helpful in answering my questions. When I checked out they asked if I needed to store my luggage for the day. In most hotels I have to ask about that.

Noise from construction. Although difficult to get away from this as is happening all over downtown Montreal. Pull out couch not comfortable.

Location great. Close to McGill University, shopping. Great gym. Nice breakfast buffet.

• Premium King Room

The hotel was surrounded by construction which apparently is going on for another 6 months. It made access a little awkward and morning noise began at 7:00. I also requested a wine and cheese platter when booking, but for some reason this didn't show up. This was a little disappointing since it was intended to begin the celebration of my wife's birthday. I'm not sure if there was some miscommunication between the hotel and Booking.com . However, it is about the eighth time that we have stayed at the Hotel Omni and this was the first 'glitch'.

The location of this hotel is excellent. The ambiance and comfort is great. Staff are courteous, helpful and friendly.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The check in time was 1500, when I arrived on 1630 they asked me wait 30mins coz my room didn't clean up yet or the other option was pay $15more each day to upgraded... also the parking guy told me $25 each day but I already pay $35 when I checked out... anyway I won't come back this hotel..motel... It's terrible...

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

The cost increased when we changed the dates of our visit.

The location! Hotel was within walking distance of great shops, museums, restaurants and of course McGill!

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

furnishings and decor feel a little dated major works happening on sherbrooke and so it can be noisy. i had especially requested a quiet room on a high floor but we were given a room on the 8th floor on the sherbrooke side so construction work was audible.

large spacious room great location in town

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

Wish the pool was open like it was years ago.

The room service, both evening snack and breakfast, was fantastic and all of your staff that we interacted with were accommodating, helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

Bed was huge, Little couch at end of bed was awesome for two to chat. Big room. Clean. Very good gym. Close to McGill and St. Cath St. Let me check out really late for small charge.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

• Premium Double Room with Two Double Beds

The hotel is a bit dated.

The Omni staff were very pleasant and accommodating (especially their manager, Andrew). We unfortunately had to switch rooms early in the morning due to a bathtub drainage issue but we were provided with a surprise complimentary tray of room service breaksfast at the new room for the inconvenience. We definitely appreciated it. The hotel location is excellent and walkable to the Musée des Beaux Arts, Cresent street, and Rue Sainte-Catherine O which has a lot of good shopping etc.

The hotel staff were friendly and helpful. This location is a 30 minute walk from Old Montreal. There are always cabs available at the hotel, and most destinations are a 15 minute cab ride away.

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

I've stayed here a couple of years ago for 4 nights and was highly satisfied then... there is nothing that would need me to change my opinion or rating of this excellent property in the center of beautiful Montreal (even in the midst of a very snowy & brrrr-cold December). And, this city has proven once again that a 10 cm snow-fall (that's about 4 inches for you metrically-challenged people) can in fact be efficiently cleared within 24 hours - sidewalks included!

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

We arrived at noon but were unable to check into our room until after 3 pm Early check in would have been appreciated

Great location! ... close to restaurants, shopping , and the Bell Centre for concerts. All within walking distance .

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

It should have been possible to get coffee in the lobby and bottled water. These were not available.

Room comfort, spacious bathroom, views, pool facilities, concierge services, central location.

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

No free wifi.

The hotel, located within walking distance to Chinatown and Place des Arts, offers excellent and helpful service, and also fresh cold water, fruit and newspaper, as well as power adapters. As an Omni hotel guest you have acess to the outdoor swimming pool with indoor spa tub and sun beds with towels troughout your stay. The room includes air condition, a coffee maker with Wolfgang Puck quality coffee pods, also with cups to go, next to the work space, a mini fridge elegantly integrated in the cupboard, for your cold beverage storage, an IHome alarm clock radio/docking station, stunning Mont-Royal Park view, spacious bathroom with a lighted magnifying mirror, soft bath robes, relaxing chaise lounge and king size bed, and documentaries and news in french and english are broadcast on television channels.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

The dark-skinned foreigners that were staying at Omni were extremely rude in the elevators and lobby. I know this is beyond your control but it made our stay awkward. We would have liked 2 more pillows included. Continental breakfast was expensive for what was offered so we did not partake. It was dark in the halls and difficult to read things.

The staff was very kind and accommodating with our luggage before we could check in and after we checked out but stayed an extra hour in the city before leaving for the airport . The concierge was very helpful and knowledgeable. A taxi van which you called for us was on time for our ride to the airport. Free Wifi was appreciated.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

The Montreal taxes added on to Canadian taxes hike up the price way too high.....

Our stay was perfect! No complaints All staff are very helpful Am glad We chose Omni

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

Free! Just kidding.

I loved the location, the staff, especially all the concierge, waiters, and bartenders I interacted with, and the hotel was very nice. The lobby, bar, my room, and the pool were all very nice. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

• Premium Double Room with Two Double Beds

Staff is top quality - friendly and professional. It was move-in weekend at McGill, and despite the massive construction bogging down the area, the Omni staff maintained a positive friendly attitude and kept everyone moving.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

• Premium King Room

It is due for an update, not as modern as other hotels of this price range.

Great location for walking around or taking the metro. It was clean and the staff were helpful.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

That I had to leave

The staff was great. They made our weekend carefree. I would go back in a minute. Thanks to all and the management for making our trip a joy

• Reviewed: 12 August 2016

The hotel is in the heart of Montreal. The views were simply stunning from my room on the 31st floor. Room service was excellent and the beds were super comfy. The breakfast was decent - you can expect high prices from a 4-star hotel so I'm not complaining!

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

Not enough pillows and towels in the room...

The staff was very helpful overall... We were in a rush when we were leaving the the hotel and managed to get a last minute order to go of Cafe su Lait and croissant !!

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

The AC isn't efficiently located. The vents are far away from the bed and no matter how cold we set it we were still hot while trying to sleep.

Check in and check out was very pleasant. The pool was a wonderful touch after walking about the city on a blistering hot day.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

• Premium King Room

Noticed stains on one towel and pillow case. Would recommend that the hotel bleach/remove stains when cleaning or discard of them if stain cannot be removed.

Great location. Walking distance to everything you need ie.Metro, shopping, restaurants etc. The beds are insanely comfortable and rooms are spacious and clean. Lobby is s nice place for a pre drink before heading out. Staff was friendly and very helpful.

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

They tend to nickel and dime you for all add ons i.e. wifi, breakfast if you are not a rewards member

Location was great, we parked our car and never used it to get around!

• Reviewed: 30 July 2016

• Executive Suite

Booking.com reservation described a suite with 2 full bathrooms, but the first suite provided only had 1 full bath. Management changed the room for us in an efficient fashion, but stated that the suite with 1 bathroom was the one that booking.com had reserved. Please rectify!

• Reviewed: 25 July 2016

The view from the room wasn't great (just buildings) but there isn't anything that can be done about that.

The bed was really comfortable and I loved the in room robe. I bought one to bring home! I enjoyed an apple on my way out through the lobby. They keep a bowl there for guests.

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

Spent 4 nights there, only slept thouroghly two nights, adjoining room was PARTY CENTRAL for a group of young guys, coming in after 3 am & very loud.

Staff was great & courteous

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

Front desk only had one employee. He was dealing with all guests as well as the phone. Also prices for food and drinks were high. Three drinks cost us 50.00, and coffee at the bar was 6.00>>>>> very high.

The place was very nice. Rooms were big and very clean. We had a problem with our toilet and they sent someone up right away. We also wanted to be on the same floor as well as being close with our other party. And they helped this happen. Very friendly and eager to help and guide.

• Reviewed: 6 July 2016

Excellent. Staff were courteous, efficient and very helpful. My room was spacious and comfortable and the location of the hotel is excellent. I would have no hesitation in staying there again.

• Reviewed: 3 July 2016

• Premium King Room

WiFi did not work, had to constantly join the network--way too frustrating-finally just gave up after repeated calls to front desk.

Central location, spacious room, good shower

• Reviewed: 30 June 2016

The room was so comfortable, cool and quiet, even in such a busy part of the city. It was such a nice escape. Loved the pool and outdoor space. The staff were wonderful and helped us with some forgotten toiletries, as well as early and late checkouts.

• Reviewed: 29 June 2016

The hotel was very clean, but the rooms a little dated. But nothing that would discourage me from returning to this hotel.

The staff was great, very helpful. The hotel location was perfect and in walking distance to everything you would need.

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

• Premium Double Room with Two Double Beds

- double beds - each are small for 2 people in one bed - bathrooms showing their age in shower ceiling - no showers in pool area

- great downtown location - convenient alternative parking - ease of access to hotel with car - ease of entry with bags thru lobby & up to room - clean rooms - above average space - great outside pool and deck - relaxing - spacious bathroom

Rather cool in Opus Bar

Good standard all round and very good location

The hotel is a little 'tired' but not to the extent that it feels shabby.

Excellent location and the service and staff was really great.

Wonderful staff- very friendly. Concierge gave EXCELLENT / restaurant suggestions. Great location . Room comfortable, large bathroom .

• Premium Double Room with Two Double Beds

Big rooms, great location.

I don’t think you should have to pay for wifi. Also I had to keep connecting every time I came back - it wouldn’t automatically pick it up.

Can’t think of anything.

We couldn’t have been more pleased. Great hotel, staff, location and service. This is what we seek when staying at a hotel.

room and brunch

• Premium King Room

Great location, friendly staff and amazing bed!

Very comfortable hotel; considerate, professional staff; outstanding location and great view.

I asked for a DVD player but never received it

Valet service and doorman