Reviews of Ramada by Wyndham Ottawa On The Rideau 2.5 stars

2259 Prince of Wales Drive, K2E 6Z8 Ottawa, Canada

#35 of 56 hotels in Ottawa

Wonderful experience
    • Deluxe Queen Room with River View - No Pets

I loved the newly removed room that had a balcony overlooking the Rideau River. Everything exceeded my expectations for this hotel. Would definitely stay here again

Great for early flight from the airport not recommended for romantic stay

Room was not in great shape .. laminate was in disrepair. Balconies were nice but did not lock and adjoined other rooms. There was a couple fighting in the parking lot throwing stuff from their room. It was a good place to stay to catch a plane but never would I stay there for a getaway. The back of the building we were in faced the river but lots of debris around.

Proximity to the airport was good as was the fact that my parents could have their dog with them. The packed lunches available very early in the morning were thoughtful. Staff were great.

Misleading
    • Deluxe Queen Room with River View - No Pets

While the staff were pleasant, I thought the room was in poor condition. There were pieces missing off the hardwood. There was chips off the light switch covers. The bathroom door knob was loose and could have easily came off. The door leading out to the patio couldn’t open and when I did try to open it it felt like it was going to fall on me. The photos shown of the property are definitely misleading. I won’t be staying here again. It is quite close to the airport which was what I needed at the time. However I would rate this property 3/10.

Nice view of the Rideau Canal.

Comfy stay outside of town
    • Room with Two Double Beds and Garden View - No Pets

The floors were tired looking, The somewhat dilapidated building next door threw me off. A previous renters beer boxes were folded up beside the fridge had been missed by the house cleaning staff.

Comfy bed, nice common area. Good to have the fridge. Maybe next time I’ll have time to use the recreational facilities.

Could be better
    • Executive Room with river View and Two Double Beds - No Pets

It is time to change the carpets. Shower box is too small. Breakfast doesn't include sausage n eggs, must pay extra.

Nice lobby and friendly staffs.

peacefull location yet convenient.

all good

spent a week there on business, great location by the river close to airport really peasefull. great breakfast with option to upgrade for a small fee. very good wifi.

The location was very nice with a view of the river.
    • Executive Room with river View and Two Double Beds - No Pets

The room was very small for 4 adults. The bathroom was very small. It is an old hotel that has been updated in some areas and others not. The breakfast area was messy and well picked over with few items left when we arrived.

The location was very nice with a view of the river. The room was very clean and the beds though small were comfortable.

Lovely little base to explore Ottawa.
    • Room with Two Double Beds and Garden View - No Pets

Lovely little base to explore Ottawa. Took about 25 minutes to drive in. We upgraded to a cooked breakfast for an extra 6 dollars on check in which seemed a good deal. There was a good variety of cooked breakfasts and what we sampled was very good. Lovely little pool area which was nice to sit by and enjoy the late afternoon sun.

We enjoyed the friendly service, the clean comfortable room with balcony overlooking the Rideau.
    • Executive Room with river View and Two Double Beds - No Pets

We have no complaints the rooms were clean, comfortable the only thing missing was a small micro wave for those of us who would like to warm up some food.

We opted and paid to upgrade our breakfast. We ordered the eggs benedict that was done to perfection and a great value for $6.00. The waiter who was on duty Saturday and Sunday was very friendly and service he gave us was great.

Extra items to be included in Breakfast.
    • Room with River View and Two Double Beds - Pet Friendly

Extra items to be included in Breakfast..live ommlate and fruits will looks amazing

The restaurant was terrible.
    • Room with River View and Two Double Beds - Pet Friendly

The restaurant was terrible. Limp salad that was inedible. Chicken Parmesan that was black, drizzled in Bruschetta toppings and then smothered in Teriyaki Sauce?? No parmesan on the Parmesan Fries.

one staff was not as friendly and helpful as he could've...
    • Room with Two Double Beds and Garden View - No Pets

one staff was not as friendly and helpful as he could've been. We asked to have a room on the water and he was rude to my husband about the $10 upgrade asking who he was to authorize using my visa. It was not necessary.

Amazing views, clean and comfortable.
    • Executive Room with river View and Two Double Beds - No Pets

The showers are terrible! Water was barely hot with no water pressure

Beautiful location, our room had a beautiful balcony right beside the river. Room was very clean and comfortable.

Had issue with shower in the morning, very low water...
    • Executive Room with river View and Two Double Beds - No Pets

Had issue with shower in the morning, very low water pressure and was lukewarm. I had ground floor room with view of river which was nice but the person staying above us we could hear walking around room all hours of the night. Maybe install some sort of sound proofing between the floors?

It was satisfactory except for the bathroom. Staff pleasant. Excellent location for us.
    • Room with Two Double Beds and Garden View - No Pets

See above. Bed comfotable and good linens and bah towels. I would have booked a room in the Waterside upscale building had the website mentioned it. Also I was unaware there was no elevator in our building. Staff moved us to the main floor as my friend used a walker

Was room too small tub And toilet. Lack of privacy at rhe sink. The Mirror over the sink reflected in the room mirror to reveal all! The concept of the sink in a separAte area is good. This is what we didn't like.

We booked a room there based on the description that we had...
    • Room with River View and Two Double Beds - Pet Friendly

We booked a room there based on the description that we had a walk out to a patio. We did not get this, instead got a balcony. The staff seemed to think this is the same thing. It isn't!!! If we had known we probably would have booked somewhere else.

They upgraded us to a more decent room after being given a...
    • Room with Two Double Beds and Garden View - No Pets

Poor pressure in shower. Photos on site do not reflect the rooms with garden view. Rooms shown as garden view are actually more expensive rooms with river view

They upgraded us to a more decent room after being given a room with a stove?? And outdated??

It was excellent!
    • Executive Queen Room with River View - No Pets

Fitness room could've had more options.

The bed was super comfortable - had the best sleep. Breakfast was quick to cook and be served. Housekeeping left extra towels when we asked (thank you!)

New property
    • Room with Two Double Beds and Garden View - No Pets

Mentioned in my booking breakfast is included when my family went to the restaurant they have asked them to pay for breakfast. What was included with the booking is only the assorted croissants.

New property

it was very pleasent
    • Room with Two Double Beds and Garden View - No Pets

I had booked on line and asked for the shuttle transport and after an hours wait it failed to show. I took a taxi and when I asked I was told by the staff that I should have called the hotel for the shuttle.

The staff was extremely friendly as well helpful.

It met our requirements.
    • Room with Two Double Beds and Garden View - No Pets

Other than Tim Hortons there was nothing within walking distance for food, shopping or a place to buy a bottle of wine.

We were only overnighting between flights, so the shuttle & continental breakfast were perfect. The shuttle driver was very friendly & helpful. The view of the canal was nice. The restaurant was good & convenient. Tim Hortons was walking distance.

Good value.
    • Room with Two Double Beds and Garden View - No Pets

Location was a bit far from the airport. I missed the shuttle they offered. Heater was a window unit that was very noisy.

Courteous staff that greeted me when I came ein late at night. Offered me breakfast to go for my early flight.

The stay was okay - the location was great for all our appointments.
    • Room with Two Double Beds and Garden View - No Pets

The size of the room - The small condition of the wash room - the lighting within the room - very dull and dark.

The Speed to get booked in and to get checked out. The restaurant staff was great when helping us with menu selections in the morning for Gluten Free requirements of Celiacs we have in the family.

The bathroom & sink area had NO hooks or facility to...
    • Room with Two Double Beds and Garden View - No Pets

The bathroom & sink area had NO hooks or facility to hang up bathrobe, towels or clothes when using facility. Floor creeked and carpet area was lower than the rest of the flooring as if it was land down directly on the subfloor without underpading. It was also worn and ripped at the edges Looking out at the next building you could see the pealing pant on the ever and all the east facing roof tiles were liffed ... does to reflect the Ramada standards. The toilet did not fully flush each time. When booking online we asked for a Quiet Room..However front desk were placing us in the front building and facing the highway. This was corrected when we again requested what we had asked for

Not what I expected.
    • Room with Two Double Beds and Garden View - No Pets

Room needed thorough detailed cleaning. Vents were dirty in bathroom. Housekeeping missed a day to clean my room. Room felt a little unsafe for a female guest as doors open to public balcony.

It had a garden and river

Stayed for a weekend in Nov. Loved it..
    • Room with Two Double Beds and Garden View - No Pets

I liked everything about this Hotel. Looking forward to my next visit.

Right on the Rideau River. Tim Hortons beside Hotel. Close to restaurants,airport,shopping. Comfortable beds. Buildings have elevators but rooms have exterior entrances eliminating noisy hallways.

Amazing due to this free upgrade
    • Room with Two Double Beds and Garden View - No Pets

The breakfast was not good although it was at least free .

I asked for a free upgrade and that is what made our trip great. If we would have had the regular room we would have been very disappointed as it was a tiny room with two double beds and no view .

Overpriced for poor quality accommodations
    • Room with Two Double Beds and Garden View - No Pets

Room was very dark, toilets weren't functioning properly. When we needed ice we had to go out into the rain, 2 buildings over just to get to the ice machine. Toilet seat snapped off at one point because made of cheap material. Overpriced for the quality of these accommodations.

Value okay. Not sure I would book again.
    • Room with Two Double Beds and Garden View - No Pets

Exterior of hotel looks a little worse for wear. Airport noise was okay in the evening but more noticeable in the morning.

Room and bath were nice. Breakfast was good.

Comfortable room overlooking the river (2nd stay) and close to airport.
    • Room with Two Double Beds and Garden View - No Pets

Weekend stay was a lot more expensive than week day.

Lots of options in continental breakfast. Was upgraded on our second stay to a room overlooking the river.

Lovely in the evening sitting on the river & enjoying a meal in the restaurant. Room was mediocre.
    • Room with Two Double Beds and Garden View - No Pets

The room was old & smelled of disinfectants. I faced the road and it was noisy. The room itself was noisy too - the neighbors came in and I thought they were breaking into my place too. Not very sound-proof.

I loved the location on the river - the dock and chairs were so nice and it was very peaceful. The restaurant was a smaller space but they were showing sports and the food was good. And they had gluten free options.

Comfortable bad and value breakfast
    • Room with Two Double Beds and Garden View - No Pets

The location is not easy for those who don't have car.

The location is easy to find by driving car. The staff is willing to help if any questions you have.

Alright room, nice view, poor bed
    • Executive Queen Room with River View - No Pets

The bed was awful. The pillows and blankets were poor as well. There was construction on the road, but that’s not their fault. Also the flight path for the airport changed during their repair of the run way so the planes in the morning are pretty loud but again, not their fault. Cost for what you get is a bit high for what you get.

Good view of the river during the day. Nice dock down on the water is really nice. Right beside a Tim Hortons. Nice and quiet area. Very close to the airport. They have a small fire pit as well.

Country in the City!
    • Deluxe Queen Room with River View - No Pets

The internet was very unreliable but that is truly our only complaint, and we have data plans so it wasn’t a huge issue.

All staff including Tom B at the front desk, James in the breakfast room and our room attendant were exceptionally warm and welcoming. The river view and dock made it seem like we were in cottage country despite being in the city. We were upgraded to a suite after a long evening of driving, a wonderful surprise! I purchased the breakfast upgrade and we really enjoyed our breakfasts. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Ottawa!

Clean and comfortable room.
    • Room with Two Double Beds and Garden View - No Pets

They advertise shuttle service to and from the airport, but it is very limited in the times it runs. We ended up taking a taxi to airport and upon arriving back in Ottawa, to the hotel to get our car.

Clean and comfortable room.

Fun
    • Room with Two Double Beds and Garden View - No Pets

Summer construction but cannot be helped

Very very comfortable excellent friendly staff just wish had more time to use Poole I'll know next time I book here

Beautiful location, good value.
    • Room with Two Double Beds and Garden View - No Pets

Finding the hot tub was difficult - hidden away and not well marked. Plus, there were no towels available there. Some kind of warning would have been helpful, as it was very far from our room - too far to go back and get a towel.

The breakfast was wonderful, and the wait staff were very helpful. The option to upgrade to a full breakfast was appreciated.

Overall we enjoyed our stay.
    • Executive Room with river View and Two Double Beds - No Pets

My husband found the shower stall in our room way too small and the direction of the shower head could not be adjusted. I am very small in stature and of slight build so I was reasonably comfortable but for anyone bigger than me, the shower stall would be a challenge. Over

Liked the location and the staff were very pleasant and helpful. Liked that there is a restaurant on the property and that the hotel is reasonably priced.

fun but a bit pricey

the room was quite small for the executive sweet and price as well

the location is beautiful by the river with the fire pit was just amazing. we had to provide ourselves with the wood logs to make the fire which we all thought didn't make sense.

NIce spot in the city, that gives you a feeling that you are in a nice wooded area.
    • Executive Room with river View and Two Double Beds - No Pets

The beds were very comfortable, and having a patio over looking the river was nice. I would defiantly recommend getting the river view rooms, so you are in the back and away from the street. We were able to park our car right outside our door, which was very handy. The pool area was nice, but you can hear all the traffic in the background. The breakfast was good for a continental, and the staff and very nice. Overall, a good place to stay, and good value for you money for a city location.

Took granddaughter to Carleton university and this was a good location to stay on our way back home.

Everything was fine.

Bed was comfy. Dinner was good. Continental breakfast was so so. Not replenished at 20 minutes before closing. Waiter didn't want to refill coffee carafe. He did though because other people kept coming.

It was perfect!
    • King Suite with River View and Hot Tub - No Pets

The only thing I could recommend is if your going to cut the trees in the back to give customers more of a river view you really should remove the cut trees from the property

everything about the place was fantastic!!!

Riverside accommodation with resort service in the city.
    • Room with Two Double Beds and Garden View - No Pets

Despite two double beds the only seating was a desk chair. Why do these hotels think everyone wants to lie on the bed? We also had a noisy guest in the room above, during the afternoon and well into the night.

Comfortable beds, coffee machine, small frig, ironing board & iron and free breakfast to 10 am. Little advertised restaurant was an excellent surprise.

Comfortable and adequate for our needs.
    • Room with Two Double Beds and Garden View - No Pets

The hotel offers shuttle service but no mention on the booking.com site that they do not operate after 5:00 PM on weekends. We arrived at the airport after 9:00 so had to take a taxi at our expense.

The facilities were fine for the one night we stayed. Close to the airport and very friendly staff. Continental breakfast had a good variety.

Good stay
    • Room with River View and Two Double Beds - Pet Friendly

Continental breakfast could be better, needs some improvment, eggs were overcooked; cheese and olives should be added to the breakfast.

We liked all service and facility except the breakfast, it needs some improvement.

The location, near to the airport and river were very...
    • Room with Two Double Beds and Garden View - No Pets

Construction on the access road was a slight detractor.

The location, near to the airport and river were very enjoyable. The continental breakfast, was included although it was not stated in the description.

Business Travellers beware
    • Deluxe Queen Room with River View - No Pets

The room was clean however the elevator and hallways smelled stale (smokey). The breakfast was promised to start at 6:30am but didn't open until 7:00am, not good for business travellers in my opinion.

Comfortable stay close to Ottawa airport
    • Room with Two Double Beds and Garden View - No Pets

As expected in its location close to the airport there was noise from planes departing in the early morning. Atmosphere at the restaurant was quite spartan but the food which was available there or for takeout was good.

We chose this hotel for its proximity to the airport and its position on the Rideau Canal. Upon arrival we requested a room with a balcony on the canal side and were accommodated readily.

From the outside the hotel looks a little run down.
    • Executive Room with river View and Two Double Beds - No Pets

From the outside the hotel looks a little run down. The room however was neat and clean and well maintained. The restaurant was good and the staff great,

Quiet and comfortable.
    • Room with Two Double Beds and Garden View - No Pets

Swimming towels were small but serviceable. Just expected larger ones from a Ramada. The pool was too cool for us but kids were in it. Also there are no elevators in the two storey buildings that we found, so if you have trouble walking ask for the other building or the first floor. There is only a Tim Hortons within close walking distance and it closes early. At 7 pm there was barely any food left there, so plan to eat elsewhere or off the hotel menu. The fridge in the room worked well with the freezer refreezing our ice packs, which is always a plus for me. It comes empty. I have had bottled water and juices stocked in the fridge at other Ramadas.

The staff were very friendly and knowledgeable about Ottawa, helping us map out the easiest way to get downtown on Canada Day. I give them an A+. They had Canada Day buttons, and small Canada Day gifts for everyone at the front desk on check in. The continental breakfast was well stocked and fresh. Very clean.

Wonderful staff, great location to relax and not far from Ottawa city centre and it was very quiet!
    • Room with Two Double Beds and Garden View - No Pets

Our bathroom was very small but we managed.

The staff were wonderful! From check-in to seeing our favourite breakfast pal to the housekeeping staff..they were all helpful and friendly.

Ramada Inn Ottawa
    • Deluxe Queen Room with River View - No Pets

Gardens, jacuzzi and pool were all poorly maintained. Staff were not knowledgeable about Canada day festivities. Continental breakfast not impressive for cost of room.

Hidden gem on the Rideau canal . Rooms were updated and very nice

Short stay in Ottawa
    • Room with Two Double Beds and Garden View - No Pets

The inconvenience of the really small bathroom. There were no hooks for hanging your clothing on the back of the door, or towel racks to hang your used towels. I had to heap up used towels on the small sink counter which used up the already limited counter space. I had to leave the used towels from my shower on the side of the tub. I didn't see any luggage rack in the room for us to put our suitcases on.

Staff on the front desk were friendly and helpful. The included Continental breakfast had an excellent selection, staff were diligent on keeping items stocked. The location is really pretty, and I am sure during warmer months it would have been nice to walk down by the Rideau River, as there was a path and benches for guests. I was worried that the hotel is near the airport but when you occasionally hear the odd jet plane, the noise of the planes are not loud.

Small, user-friendly motel.
    • Room with Two Double Beds and Garden View - No Pets

Ceiling could use a tad more sound-proofing, but was not a big problem.

Small, user-friendly motel. Very quiet despite being beside a busy street. Restaurant onsite that had excellent continental and ordered breakfasts, and dinners. Great "gathering place" when travelling with several different families, or couples. Location perfect for our needs. Staff very friendly and helpful. Lovely setting by the river, lots of green-space.

The location was good, the staff where freindly
    • Room with Two Double Beds and Garden View - No Pets

I stayed here once before andbthe room had been redone and was very nice, the room we were in was Ok but very dated not what I was expecting

The location was good, the staff where freindly

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Not thrilled.
    • Room with Two Double Beds and Garden View - No Pets

I would have appreciated being told ahead of time that there was a hockey tournament in town and that many of these young players were staying there. I was on the ground floor end unit and the noise was very irritating. The young hockey players running up and down the steel exterior staircase was VERY loud as was the noise from the room directly above mine. While I was trying to enjoy my dinner in the , all I could hear was the hockey coach speaking to his players (very loudly) in the lobby area of the main reception building. I think he could have briefed them in one of their rooms. Very annoying. There doesn't seem to be much sound barrier between rooms (top to bottom). the bathrooms are VERY small and looked nothing like the pictures. Not sure how an average sized man would maneuver in there since I had a hard time and I'm a tiny lady barely 5'2" tall. The hot tub, dining room/bar etc are in a separate buildings from the actual rooms so be prepared to have to venture outside to enjoy the amenities. The picture of the exterior on their website is misleading as it only shows the reception building and not the other buildings that actually house the different amenities and rooms.

The location was ok for where I needed to be for the night.

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

Fridge in your room with coffee & tea and a coffee pot.
    • Room with Two Double Beds and Garden View - No Pets

Very cramped bathroom. Hard for maneuvering out of the shower and while sitting on the toilet.

Fridge in your room with coffee & tea and a coffee pot. Restaurant available right at the hotel.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

No sleep
    • Room with River View and Two Double Beds - Pet Friendly

Sound proof the floors. We wouldn't stay there again unless we had the upper level and would not recommend our friends to stay there unless they had the upper level. We did not get any rest and was very disappointed as after a long flight and busy day we just wanted to sleep and were unable to

Liked the style of the rooms. Disliked that we stayed on the lower level and was kept awake all night as we could hear the people above us. We did not get any sleep. The room was nice

• Reviewed: 29 November 2016

Short but suite stay
    • Room with Two Double Beds and Garden View - No Pets

One small complaint was the worn mattress on the pull out sofa.

My wife and I shared the suite room 330 with her sister. The room was very clean and spacious.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

Gorgeous location!
    • Room with Two Double Beds and Garden View - No Pets

Continental breakfast was a little disappointing, no fruit, no salt/pepper etc. but had the basic toast, cereal and pastries.

The view is beautiful, love that the balcony overlooked the water. Felt like you were in the country...lovely!

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

Was told we should have rang earlier to let them know .
    • Room with Two Double Beds and Garden View - No Pets

Unfortunately even though we booked in for 2 rooms together for 2 mature couples our rooms werent together as I had requested.

Quite and out of the city

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

I do not recommend staying at this hotel, you can find better for the same price
    • Room with Two Double Beds and Garden View - No Pets

There was no one to help me with my luggage, I was asked to carry them myself upstairs, knowing they dont have elevators. No one even led me to my room, I got lost looking for it myself. Breakfast was fine. However, the butter is not wrapped and is exposed. I found a dead fly in it.

Room was extremely clean and tidy overall, except for that bug I found in the shower Rooms have balconies wich overlook the Rideau

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

Promise to repeat.
    • Room with Two Double Beds and Garden View - No Pets

Next time I will make sure to book a newer deluxe room..the bathroom I found really tight in our room.

Beds were comfortable and breakfast was fresh.. Unfortunately we didn't get to really check out the grounds due to all day rain..but it looked beautiful and serene. Will definitely go back again because we also had to check out early due to an emergency back home.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

Ramada Ottawa on the Rideau exceeded all of our expectations
    • Room with Two Double Beds and Garden View - No Pets

Pleasantly surprised with the location along the river, the clean and refreshing pool, the exercise room and the accommodations themselves. Shuttle to the airport was also super convenient

• Reviewed: 29 July 2016

Nice stay!
    • Room with Two Double Beds and Garden View - No Pets

You need to clear some trees for a better view of the river. You need chairs for outside your rooms.

It was on the river and we were able to rent canoes. The pool was nice and the restaurant had a nice patio.

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

The basics were right, but more maintenance is needed.
    • Room with Two Double Beds and Garden View - No Pets

The room units are older and some look a bit shabby up close. Inside, everything worked despite lack of maintenance. (I am thinking of the caulking around the tub and the un-vacuumed exhaust fan housing.)

Beautiful location on the Rideau River. Well located just off the main road to/from the south. Well-appointed breakfast room. Comfortable beds and a quiet room.

Excellent View from the room ,
    • Room with Two Double Beds and Garden View - No Pets

Very Net and Clean nice view property we liked it. We will stay again soon.

Loved being on the river.

Interruptions from housekeeping.....twice in less than 40 minutes

Loved being on the river. Loved being able to rent a canoe and going for a paddle.

Good place to stay
    • Room with Two Double Beds and Garden View - No Pets

Clean room with comfortable beds

Comfortable and modern rooms, lovely pool and the dock on...
    • Room with Two Double Beds and Garden View - No Pets

Comfortable and modern rooms, lovely pool and the dock on the river make it an ideal choice. Get the breakfast upgrade!

Very clean, comfortable with a nice view
    • Room with River View and Two Double Beds - Pet Friendly

A bit far from downtown Ottawa; Noisy when on the ground floor

Very clean, comfortable with a nice view

Need more rooms closer to main building for disabled people

• King Suite with River View and Hot Tub - No Pets

Heated outdoor swimming pool
    • Executive Room with river View and Two Double Beds - No Pets

Breakfast could have been better. But still ok

Heated outdoor swimming pool Whirlpool Gym River view