Reviews of Hôtel Park Avenue 1 stars

4544, avenue du Parc, Plateau Mont Royal, H2V 4E3 Montréal, Canada

#124 of 134 hotels in Montréal

5.6

5.3

The parking situation. You had to pay for street parking or try to find free parking in the surrounding neigbourhoods, many of which had time restrictions.

The location .

the shower was not working properly washroom floor was wet all night,bedsheets and cover seems not changed.

the location is good , walking distance to resto.

• Economy Double Room

The room had no windows unlike images. The room smelt like cigarette smoke & dusty. The sheets had hair in them & holes. When asked to change rooms the staff just said no. The receptionist was on the phone to her daughter then entire time we spoke to her.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

First encounter at reception: staff was less than helpful. Second encounter: at least said hello & smiled. Room less than clean and in poor repair. Linens had strange smell. Hot water slow to arrive. Shower leaked all over.

The price

The furniture tops were collected with dust. No facecloths.

One gentleman was super helpful and did a couple of favours in terms of early check in, helping get a bus ticket printed, and calling a taxi.

I thought it would be a non smoking room, it smelled of stale cigarettes. Old furniture. There’s no auxiliary deadbolt lock, I didn’t feel safe, so I didn’t stay. It looked better in the photos.

The only redeeming feature was that it was clean.

It's a very basic hotel, looks to me that when no much business happening they are happy to received guess by the hour if you know what I mean. This time I found some emptied condom packages and the sheets in the bed and pillows have long hair all over and they didn't look clean, I think they should keep this side of the business in the basement rooms which most people do not want. The rooms are non-smoking but many people don't care so the smell of cigarette it's very strong in the hallways or the smoke goes under the door.

The location is very good if you are willing to use buses aside from the Metro.

No parking in the neighborhood constantly had to move vehicle revived at least one alleged parking violation on my windshield

Shower is like standing under a fireman’s hose plenty of water pressure

The no-smoking room doesn't smell but there are people smoking in other rooms and the smoke travels into the other rooms, but is not that bad.

I don't understand the people giving very bad reviews of this place, I think for the price you paid you can't expect any luxury facilities but if you just care for a clean place, with a private bath and no bed bugs, this place is enough. I talk to the owner and she is very nice and even talked about the reviews and she said many young people loud and smoking in the rooms, when confronted for complains threaten to leave a bad review is not leaving them alone. I think the room was better that I was expected and better than shown in the pictures. If you are high maintenance go and try a hostel and see how that goes.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

the pictures are far from what the hotel actually looks like. the hope could use some updates. ventilation wasn't very good and it got stuffy in there. was cold when we walked into our room. walls are very thin. beds aren't the comfiest.

the employees were very respectful. we weren't bothered by anyone. its not a place to stay for a week or longer then 2 days. we stayed for 1 night and we paid $70.00 so I guess you get what you pay for.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Don’t think the topic for parking all day $20 CAD, u cannot find a space for parking over 3 hours. Suggest not for people driving

location is convenient, price is good

People smoke from inside the hotel rooms and the management is not really bothered by that!.. I found that very ridiculous and grossly irresponsible. The inside of the hotel could use some fresh paint and a new/clean carpet. Right now, the place looks like.... I don't even know how to accurately describe it!!.. Plus, no guest parking, risk for getting hefty parking tickets.

mode of booking and payment... I have paid twice please check on your account, my name could have appeared twice since I slept only one day. I would be happy if you return the extra money to myself

BATHROOM AND TOILETRIES

The wifi is really poor.

I was a bit worried about all the negative reviews but the hotel is ok. Of course is not a 5 star hotels but for the price is a pretty decent one. My room got a microwave and a sofa and the size was good, I'd recommend this hotel for someone looking for a basic hotel in a cheap budget.

The room was very, very dirty, there was even ashes by my bed, at the floor! There were hairs in the bed - not mine as it was my first night! Everything is very old. The shower courtain that was white one day was also terribly dirty.. what a terrible stay!

Only the support of the receptionist when I had to leave the hotel.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The showers were not equipped with many toiletries and the staff was extreamly rude. They were agressivd when we said that we would be getting in at shortly past midnight because of awful traffic coming from Toronto, even though I called to warn them at 7pm. The man yelled at me when I arrived to check in. Awful customer service. There was no parking except on the street, but you had to wake up at 9am to pay when the free nightly parking ended.

The rooms were clean, and the location was good.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Floor crooked, bed super hard,bedsheets hard,(rough, decorative upper bedsheet is the only blanket available. No extra ( I mean no Real) blanket in closet. Weather was warm, so I was fine. I could listen to the conversation S of people hanging out smoking in the fire escape stairs. Microwave in room looks like it's from the 70s. Room looks old, shaggy like horror movie motel rooms (but seemed clean enough).

Location location location. Despite so much old carpeting everywhere, there's surprisingly little smell.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Everything, very unclean stinks beds are very bad, washroom is the worest very bad washroom. No parking . Staff are very bad

This the worest ever Hotel I have ever stayed. I will never recommend anyone to stay in this hotel

Cleanliness = 0 (don't ask me to elaborate, imagine and you have it correct). The furnace/air is central and shared throughout the building - if one smoke, you will all smell it, especially at night when they turn it on.

Room size is tight, cleanliness = 0 (don't ask me to elaborate, imagine and you have it correct). The furnace/air is central and shared throughout the building - if one smoke, you will all smell it, especially at night when they turn it on. The only nice thing about the place is the hotel staff - she was nice and helpful. The area is good because of nearby restaurants, shops and a nice park to walk/bike.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

disgusting. dirty. bad customer service. smelly. mouldy. food left in room from previous guests (was rotten). no room service (did not clean, change towels, no more toilet paper or make our beds the next day). there is NO parking in the hotel. smells of cigarettes. no coffee or tea in room. bed sheets smelly and dirty with hair and stains. NO wifi in room. we were in the BASEMENT!!!

cleanliness really needs work. it doesn't matter if the place is old and space is small, it needs to be clean. also, smoking should be really be prohibited, even for maintenance personal. doors have gaps and had to close my air vent because it felt like breathing in an ashtray.

convenient and cozy with proximity to many wonderful cafes, bars and restaurants in the plateau. right at the foot of mt. royal. not for fancy or high maintenance guest experience.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Small for a longer stay. And parking was 3 blocks away in this busy neighborhood.

Location was the main thing for my overnight visit. I walked everywhere

The service was really bad and the hotel doesn't had elevator and the guy was angry gave us room on 3rd and I fall down stair and hotel is really bad and I was depressed and so dirty and I hope it's all gonna work and the washroom my cousin is fat and he was fit to go in and out and the hotel is zero star and also the price was too high and I was really angry and the guy didn't gave me blanket and pillow and I was saying I need these thing and the was i am not gonna give you any and hotel was really and made my vacation bad in my history and the hotel made me to not city going anymore and like of Montreal.

It will be good to receive a clean room... They give us a room in the lower level with a terrible smell and no windows. The bathroom was very small, almost impossible to take a shower, it didn't have soap or more than one personal shampoo for the entire stay... They have free wifi but it was imposible to make it work.

The only good thing that this hotel have is the location.

Outdated decor. TV and remote weren't paired properly. Tiny shower. I'm 6'2. Couldn't raise my arms.

Location was ideal. Bus near by. Parks near by. Restaurants within walking distance

It's worse than what it looks like on the picture. The hotel isn't that clean, no wifi, and no parking. If you have your own vehicle you might end up with a parking ticket no matter what. The staff is nice but not helpful whatsoever!!! Spend a couple of extra bucks and get a better hotel guys!

Close to Mount Royal I would say.

Threatened to be thrown out by the lady at the reception after their own mistake... we had booked a bedroom with one bed but when we arrived they didnt have it. They had proposed an other bedroom with one more bed saying that the difference was offered but the second day the lady at the reception had locked the bedroom and wanted us to pay for it !!! Very dishonest just to be payed more.. And we were not the only one to get in troubles with this woman. Worst hotel receptionist ever seen...

Quite far to closest metro station. Old and used furniture and equipment in room. No view from window (but silent).

Located very near the Mont-Royal park, also many shops and restaurants nearby. Pleasant staff, fast internet. Microwave and fridge in room

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The pull out bed in the couch was broken, our fan was broken, we could only shower around 1-3 because the water was either extremely hot or extremely cold. The air conditioning did not work either. When we asked for a new fan they gave us yet another! A broken fan.

None did meet my expectations for family travel at all rooms are too small bed was not confertable too

All is all a horrible experience. Smelly rooms ( cigarettes and who knows what else), beds not made, towels not changed, decrepid furniture, leaking fridge, dirty floor, should I continue? Please do yourselves a favour friendly stranger. It's not even worth for free, if you do not believe me, good luck and try it.

I would say the location, but you can have a better experience sleeping in your car.

No food or beverages, not even vending. The bathroom was so tiny, we had to turn sideways to get to and from the toilet. Questionable stains on the couch, I didn't even feel comfortable sitting on it. Photos of property on here are not accurate to what you will actually see.

The room was clean, bed was made. Very small but perfect for a one night stay. Easily kept cool with A.C. and fan. For the most part quiet with very little foot traffic, but we did stay in the middle of the week.

everything was fine , efficient service might need an elevator.

Room had everything one could need. fridge,microwave, wi-fi etc bed was good a small balcony and friendly receptionist.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

the staff were uncooperative and unfriendly, the room had empty beer bottles upon checking in, hair in the shower, people smoking pot in the room across from ours, our bedspread had a burnt cigarette hole through it, the room had an unpleasant smell and was extremely small. we couldn't even stay the second night here for our trip

absolutely nothing was appealing

There was no option for an early check in which sucked considering our bus arrived at Montreal at 6:45am and we had to leave our luggages out in the open by the reception area.

The bed was absolutely comfortable, the hotel is accessible with the bus! It is only a few minutes away from the metro and there were lots of tourist attractions not too far away.

The hotel was ok but location looked ghetto. We called about free parking but we had to park on the street and pay from 9am till check out at 11am. The bathroom was very small.

We liked the last minute booking and the smoke meat shop a few blocks away that was open until 130am

Entrance to the hotel is not very inviting. A few minor upgrades will do a lot to make the experience of staying at the hotel even better.

Location! I stayed 2 nights and I was surprised by the cleanliness and comfort that the room provided, in contrast to the hotel's main entrance that was not that inviting. The front desk was very helpful and responded well to my questions and my requests. At the price that I booked, I got my value for money.

There was misleading with the parking , the property doesn't have parking , you have to park on the street, and there wasn't close parking and the closet is worth 25$ and on there description$20 only PLUS there is no internet I was on third floor and I have no internet,, they have on modem by the receiption... They are very cheap and try to minimize cost

The cleaning of the room was not bad and there was a microwave

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Beds were uncomfortably hard and walking up to 3rd floor wasn't the easiest.

Building is older but had tonnes of charm. Located in a residential area with an actively used park across the way. Within walking distance of restaurants and metro.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

We booked this place because everything else was either booked or the price was outrageously expensive. If you are looking for luxury or even moderately ok place, this is not it. The rooms are old and smell of cigarettes smoke imbedded in the room. You can hear every footstep in the corridor.

If everything else is booked this is an okay to spend a night or two. Lots of great breakfast places around.

Awful place. In bad need of sprucing up with new carpets, etc. Seems like the owners are squeezing every red cent out of the place that they can without maintaining it.

There was some odor issues, cigarette smells in the hallways, sewer smell, I think from the sink drain which was in the room. After we ran the water it was OK. The beds were clean and pretty comfortable.

It was clean, not fancy. We had what we needed, we were only staying one night, so it was OK. It is definitely an older property, but the people on the desk were nice and we were comfortable. We walked around the area, got some pizza and ate it at a picnic table in the park nearby.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

Absolutely no parking available for hotel guests A real bummer.Street parking is 90% reserved and expensive.Arrive by backpack, not a car.

Walking distance to multiple stores/ cafés

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

The hotel and rooms are very clean. Considering its a 1 star hotel, I feel they operate on higher level. ALL the staff are very professional and super friendly. Bathrooms are small, but like I said very clean hotel, awesome rates. Awesome neighborhood.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Very poor sound insolation. Someone used washing machine in the early morning, hard to sleep.

Great location, close to grocery, restaurant, and tourist attractions.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The condition of the motel or hotel whatever this place was bad ,the pictures on the booking were deceiving, the room smelt like it was fumigate the washroom was smaller then a coat closet. The wall mounted tv had the receiver just balanced on top of the tv if touched it would fall. Floors in the room dirty the carpet in the hallways nasty mirrors in the hallways cracked. It ad makes the place as an old charmy place but it's just old and dirty, they owner needs to invest in his property 😕🙁☹️

The receptionist was nice .

La madamme from the from desk is rude and no proffesional at all . She is pretty arrogant . But also ignorant. She refused to use the card that i used to book. At the end, i ended up paying more. And in cash. As she asked. Also, I complained about a drunk guy entered to my room in the middle of the night and she said it wasnt possible.Of course it happened. She said i was lying. This woman was a Nightmare Plus , People Making noise until 2:00am. Bed super unconfortable. Bathroom dirty. I wouldnt recommend this place To Anyone. Is crap.

This hotel is so old. Needs a renovation.

The wifi worked on my partner's device but not in mine. Difficult to find parking in the area but we found a good underground parking nearby.

Excellent value. The lobby had cigarette smell but not the rooms. They had a carpet but it was clean.

Easy check in and check out. It's not the Ritz Carleton and you should know that from the price and location. However, this was a great bang for the buck! It's an older building but the room was very clean, just what we needed. All sorts of entertainment just mere blocks away.

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

I filtered the hotel based on 3 stars and Priceline suggested this hotel. However the facilities were not the same as indicated. There was no sink in the washroom. It only had a stand-in shower and a narrow washroom. The water taps were very difficult to adjust. There was no table to do any of my office work. TV was there, however it was not working properly. Wi-Fi was very poor. The speed was too slow to do any thing with internet. In this internet age, such a poor connection is not acceptable. Overall the experience was not good. The only good thing about this hotel was that it was closer to my daughter's student residence!. The lesson for me is to go with brand name hotels in future bookings.

Nothing really

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Advertised free wifi did not work all weekend; when I complained the answer was:try to turn off your device and turn it back on. Lol!!!!

Friendly, helpful staff. Building and rooms are old but very clean

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

Walls were thin so some noise from hall/upstairs/street. Not so much that it was disturbing just noted.

Mattress and bedding were very comfortable and clean, surprisingly decent and clean washroom. Overall very nice room for the low price! Staff were all great, fresh coffee made in the common area in the mornings. Perfect location in walking distance between downtown and the plateau

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

Well , was a drunken group that came in late at night . but to be fair the staff couldn't do anything about it.Secondly , put the cleaning required sign but no one came to clean . And... I came back from a bar at around 9 and was a little tipsy, the room key wouldn't just open the door so I went to the receptionist who was an elderly lady , and she helped me to open the door and gave me this "f***n moron" look. Personally feel that since you are in the service industry , these small request from customers needs to be catered to . But I m brown skinned so may be that was a factor

Looking for cheap but decent place to stay ? You came to the right place . I was travelling solo and wanted to spend a relaxing night after sight seeing . It was quite and comfortable with clean washroom . There were restaurants and grocery stores near by and STM bus-stop was also nearby . I didn't eat or drink at the hotel so can't comment about food . This hotel wouldn't be my first choice but definitely my back-up choice

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

Floor in room not properly washed

Bus stop at corner and metro 10 minute walk or take the bus there. Nice area of the Plateau and beside Mt Royal. Several grocery stores within walking distance.

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

The guy of the reception was rude with us and when we arrived he was arguing with another guest. I don't even know his name but this happened the night of Monday March 6 2017

The room was clean and nice. The hotel is located in a very popular zone with everything close.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Dirty, floor dirty, the sofa very dirty, a lot dusty and other things, bed cover dirty, shower room very narrow. A white old receptionist who has bad attitude, I told him I would check out later than 11am, he said That needed to pay another one day, I said probably paid half day, he was angry and said I will call police.

• Reviewed: 17 November 2016

Very poor. Rooms are tiny with very small bathrooms. Not clean. Rude Staff.

Nothing.very small room size......Extremely small washrooms........dirty carpet over the floor........Its better to take the hotel in front of it. Plateau royal.

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

There was a lot of noise from the traffic and night-life nearby. For a no-smoking hotel, the lobby was extremely smoky.

Room 104. The room was very large, although the space hadn't been used very well. The room had a kitchen area with a fridge, sink and a microwave

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

For the price the hotel was an excellent deal. I originally stayed in the hotel directly across the road for two nights and if I knew better I would have stayed instead at the Park Hotel.

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

room is not quiet, can hear noise from upstair and corridor. There's some smelly in the washroom, A/C doesn't work for the hot part, but they offer a little electrical heater.

Friendly receptionist, she showed us where we could parking over night

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

Great location. Definitely go to the pub across the street. You'll meet chatty locals, incredible bartenders and a lot of European travellers! The room was adorable. However, if you want a luxury bathroom, you won't find it here. Who cares about the bathroom though!

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

Rooms and furnishing long overdue No breakfast facility in hotel Lots of traffic noise

Walking distance from the center (2 km) It was the only hotel with rooms available; Now I understand why

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Do not advertise free parking a few blocks away, when there basicaly are 4 spots in the neigbourhood. Payed and residents almost entirely. Street side very noisy.No

Large room

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

Overpriced. No breakfast, lunch or dinner. I have never felt more unsafe in a hotel for this amount of money. The bedroom door provided very poor security whilst away from the room. Seems to be a homeless problem in this area so not a great combination. The main deadlock key was not provided so was only usable when inside the room. Front entrance of the building was never locked. I requested an ironing board and the front desk advised that most people iron their clothes on the floor :S Go figure. They did find a board but the iron socket didnt work so it was a lost cause. There is a bar across the road so it was noisy most nights until 3am. You can touch every wall of the bathroom from sitting on the toilet. Great if you like to dry yourself in the bedroom.

Good Wifi. Clean room.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

No elevator.

The Location. The Hotel is a few steps from Mont Royal and relatively close (bus distance) to the University of Montreal and to the Quarter of Spectacles. 300 meters from Avenue Laurier with its restaurants.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

No elevator and we were on the 3rd floor. Kettle was not provided as advertised, but we had our own so not a problem. Little strange to have the wash hand basin in the bedroom area and not with the shower and toilet.

Bed comfortable. Liked the proximity to the Mont Royal Park and the Meetro was within walking distance.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Make sure if you don't smoke to request a non-smoking room. We were put in a smoking room but when asked the next day, moved to a non-smoking room.

The location was excellent and the staff extremely competent, friendly and helpful. Very accommodating about moving us to a non-smoking room, recommending Lola's, an excellent nearby vegetarian restaurant and ordering a taxi for 5:00 AM.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Dirty Beds uncomfortable (unclean, someone's hair all over it) Bathroom smelled like cat pee Charged my credit card on booking.com And hotel charged me again. Paid twice for worst room I've ever stayed in lol

Close to down town

• Reviewed: 17 September 2016

The sheets smelled very odd. Much like they'd been washed but not left to air properly. The wifi was also terrible. I was connected but 95% I couldn't get a connection of any sort.

The location is great. Right next to Mont Royal park and a 10 minute walk to the Metro through a cool area of town with lots of restaurants and bars or a 20 minute walk to the city. The Windows were good at keeping the noise from the street (traffic etc) to a minimum.

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

Place a bit dated,but not unexpected. Biggest problem we had was finding parking spot nearby at 9:00 on Saturday night. Popular area.. things cleared out by 11:00, so all good then.

Great location right where we wanted to be, and lots of restraints, etc nearby. Great value for price. Would come back.

The bathroom was ghetto and the bed comforter seemed like it was picked up from a garage sale. Would never go back sorry.

The location was great and the staff were friendly.

• Reviewed: 11 September 2016

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

no hotel parking but street paid ones; pretty old and internal decoration is aged; Not very clean but still acceptable.

The price is not very expensive; not far from downtown if you drive

• Reviewed: 3 September 2016

The neighborhood off of "Av Du Parc" is nice and quiet with many shops and Royal Parc nearby! It's perfect for someone who doesn't plan on spending much time in their room, but likes a peaceful place to come and sleep!

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

Dingy and uncomfortable. Few upgrades (refridgerator, bathroom sink and tv) but otherwise hasn't been updated since late 70s. Bed was like sleeping on a platform and there was a cigarette burn in the bedspread. And you could only view the TV from one side of the bed. Not desirable.

Location was key. We were stranded due to a canceled flight and they were able to take us.

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

Place was a disgrace. Surprised that booking.com associates with them. Don't be fooled by relatively low price. DUMP! Dirty, dingy, ugly

Steps from mont Royal parc. Great neighborhood