Reviews of Peninsula Inn 3 stars

7373 Niagara Square Drive, L2H 1J2 Niagara Falls, Canada

#27 of 103 hotels in Niagara Falls

The staff was super friendly and very accommodating!
    • Standard One Queen Room

The only complaint I have is that most of the tv channels didn’t work.

The staff was super friendly and very accommodating! The room was fantastic and so clean.

• Standard One Queen Room

The bedsheet is not being change o our entire stay and i think even before we chexk in the fridge is dirty even on top of if when we arrived and till we check put after 3 days still the same... i knew i wasnt change si ce the stain when we arrive was still there from.day ...

I would go back at the rates
    • Standard One Queen Room

Not sure why they charge for parking since there seems to be ample room

The room was clean with good beds the spa area also water in the pool and whirlpool they were nice enough to let plug in my electric car on their external power plugs

Overall a nice place but the phone in the room didn't...
    • Deluxe Room with Two Queen Beds

Overall a nice place but the phone in the room didn't work. The faucet was broken. I forgot a sweater in the room & was told I'd be charged $7 to pick it up. (?!)

Fun!
    • Family Suite

Didn't have much for breakfast. It was your typical complementary breakfast that you can get for free at any other hotel.

It felt like home away from home in the family suit.

Will not stay there again, overpriced
    • Room with Two Queen Beds and Garden View

Having to pay for parking for no reason, price paid was not the price quoted, even though there was a breakfast place there was no breakfast. For a place setup for weddings, there was nothing impressive about this place.

It as a place to stay, that's all

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

A great stay! We’ll go back.
    • Standard One Queen Room

Our first room had high humidity .. they switched us immediately to correct it.

A very nice, clean room. Service was excellent and when our original room was not suitable, an instant upgrade was given from management.

- the garden view from the room is beautiful
    • Room with Two Queen Beds and Garden View

Staff members need some training to make guests feel welcome and to take complaints from customers seriously.

- the garden view from the room is beautiful - the bed was comfortable

Would not recommend
    • Deluxe Room with Two Queen Beds

Having to Paying for continental breakfast that did not have much of a selection or taste. Having to pay for parking seemed unnecessary. Horrible picture quality on TV with very few channels. Room needs an upgrade.

Nice heated pool. Staff was friendly.

Only if there is no better choice
    • Deluxe Room with Two Queen Beds

Bed sheet with stains! No real cable TV channel, only basic ones and not for kids and all noisy. Chair with broken arm. Air condition setting does not work, just turn on and off. For the price they charge and location away from falls, paid parking and breakfast is too much. You can reserve better hotels near the falls with breakfast and parking included.

Location near highway and close to shopping centers and restaurants (but relatively far from falls) Large rooms.

Just OK.
    • Deluxe Room with Two Queen Beds

no microwave in the room and refrigerator has mold and dirty. When I told the front desk person about it his reponse was "OH OK" that's it. No apology whatsoever.

Very disappointing for not having a microwave in the room and not even available on request also not even available in the lobby. With 2 kids it was a huge problem. Otherwise hotel was clean and conveniently located.

It is very clean.
    • Deluxe Room with Two Queen Beds

It is very clean. Great location if you would like to be close to Provincetown. The food at the bar is ok but breakfast buffet is below average and pricey.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Great stay!
    • Standard One Queen Room

Would have liked a microwave in the room.

Very clean room and super helpful staff. Not too far from the Falls, but away from all the noise and crowds.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Nice stay.

No breakfast during week days, only on week-end for extra charge.

Big and clean room in a nice hotel with friendly staff. Very nice pool inside, sauna and hot tub.

Loved this Property
    • Deluxe Room with Two Queen Beds

Breakfast was not the best, it could have been included in price to make it bearable

This was exactly as pictures showed. Clean with some great artwork and interesting statues on the property. The beds were comfortable and the room was modernized. Great stay thanks! Only drawback was breakfast ( continental) and there was no restraurant on the property

Clerks very friendly.

Can briefly hear some visitors thoughout the walls at night

Clerks very friendly. Quiet not too close from center yet close enough. Ask for 2 rooms: they were next to each other with a shared door.

Great family room. Great quiet location after busy days.
    • Family Suite

Nothing really to complain about. Anything we asked was dealt with right away. Great staff

The family room worked great for the 5 of us. Had a seperate kitchenette with livingroom so u could still be up while others slept.beds were a bit noisy but comfy. Can set the air yourself. Pool hottub and sauna were nice. I would suggest with breakfast just add more gluten free/ dairy freeoptions. Other then that we will be back if in this area for sure

Close to attractions and friendly staff
    • Family Suite

When asking about the $6.95 breakfast option, the staff expected us to know it wasn't offered through the week. Was disappointed but breakfast places were close. Tv wasfuzzy and channels didn't match up.

Had a crib ready in the room and quick service when requesting extra blankets.

Quiet, clean and friendly.
    • Deluxe Room with Two Queen Beds

It's a bit far from the tourist area, but that's wasn't a disadvantage for us.

Easy to get to. Friendly and helpful service at front desk. Quiet rooms. We were disappointed to see a noisy group get off the elevator on our floor, but we didn't end up hearing them at all!

Not that comfortable this time around
    • Deluxe Room with Two Queen Beds

Blinds didn’t work so sun came in at 5am They Wanted to charge for parking when Ad said it was included Wifi was bad even when we upgraded we had issues Tv channels that worked were limited to 4 Mattresses were not the greatest even after changing rooms

It was clean

Gracious comfort and more convenient than you expect
    • Room with Two Queen Beds and Garden View

The location is what I decided (after staying in 3 hotels rather nearer the Falls) I liked. At the Falls, beware bait and switch rooms, parking fees, and $$ breakfast. Sorry, Peninsula isn’t walking distance to anything. But parking along the Niagara River and WeGo bus line is much easier than I realized. And it’s all a short ride from this hotel.

One night here means I will never stay in walking distance of the Falls again. We were so comfortable, the staff were so polite and helpful, the room was so quiet. It’s set up for weddings and photos and is very clean. Amenities, breakfast, and location adjacent the QEW (the road to Niagara on the Lake and Niagara Falls) were great. On the hill next to the Falls, you pay your hotel a fee to park anyway. I prefer to drive and pay for parking at a lot on the main riverfront. Then I could stay where I was not cattle being herded. Where I got the room type that I actually booked. Where the room was clean, things worked, and breakfast (ours was included) was good.

There was nothing to be like about this hotel.
    • Deluxe Room with Two Queen Beds

The falls is like 15mins away, I don’t know why I had to pay for parking.. I have been in so many motels closer to falls but we never paid for parking. That Chinese or Filipino lady on the front desk does not even have a smile on her face. She is so rude. We asked where we have to put the pool towels after utility, there was no response. We left the towels on the chair. While going back to the room I’ve informed them the we left them on the pool side chair and she freaking told us to go back and put the towel in the changing room’s bin. Is that your customer service? Now the ROOM. Stinky and dirty floor full of hair. NO THANK YOU. No more from us

There was nothing to be like about this hotel. For the price we paid, we could have actually get a better one but we wanted to try this one as we saw the pictures

stay was decent
    • Deluxe Room with Two Queen Beds

1. Having to pay for high speed wifi 2. Asked for extra pillows and got 3 pillows in total for each bed...beds should come with 4 pillows, not 2.

The pool was nice and front desk staff were very kind

Bed was comfy
    • Room with Two Queen Beds and Garden View

Noisy air conditioning Tv low quality Pool small and not very inviting Vending machine only on 1st floor and wouldn’t take money Awkward desk interaction when my Booking.com was one day too short of my departure- due to Westjet possibility of strike - I changed my flight date but forgot to change my booking of hotel - was made to feel very awkward about not checking out on check out day and then questioned why I didn’t check out... I explained my mistake and paid for an extra night but not before being made to feel like I was ‘trying to pull something’. I had stayed 4 nights already (fully paid previous to arriving)) and this was now a Monday night to now check out on Tuesday - at a NOT busy hotel. Another hold was put on my credit card for incidentals for the one night.

The bed was very comfy. Liked free parking.

Great place, affordable accommodation, free parking and amazing staff.
    • Room with Two Queen Beds and Garden View

No towels in the change room by the pool, you have to ask the receptionist for towels.

Located near the outlet store and a few minutes drive to Niagara on the lake. Staff were very accommodating and free parking. My daughter enjoyed the pool and we enjoyed the sauna. The room was very spacious, enough room for my daughter to run around in. Two very fast and accessible elevators. Comfy bed and quite hotel. The view of the garden was very nice. Great price and experience, would definitely come back.

Good solid old-school construction at the Peninsula Inn.
    • Deluxe Room with Two Queen Beds

Tough to walk anywhere. Function of the convenient off highway location I guess.

Good solid old-school construction at the Peninsula Inn. I know, what does that matter? Well I just stayed at a brand-new Hilton Garden Inn with walls like tissue, and I heard EVERYONE'S plumbing events, and their pillows were completely collapsible to boot. Bloody bean-counters.

it was fine.
    • Room with Two Queen Beds and Garden View

I did not like the fact that a security deposit imprint of my credit card was taken. I have travel for 35 years and where paying with a credit card was the security deposit. This made me feel uncomfortable about the security of my card

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. Great value.
    • Standard One Queen Room

The cable tv could have more channels but this is normal for hotels in the region and it didn't detract from the experience..

The beds, bathroom and tub were great. The bathroom was especially clean. The hotel has a nice, quiet vibe and a peaceful atmosphere. We enjoyed our weekend here very much. It is located very close to a movie theater, and many restaurants, especially if you have a vehicle. The staff is very friendly and the price is very fair.

The whole stay was good overall..just disappointed with no restaurant as it was a long jaunt to one
    • Deluxe Room with Two Queen Beds

No restaurant....no breakfast made coffee in room, the coffee was weak and we had to have three packs to make it taste bold and full bodied.... otherwise it was weak and tasteless.

The room was awesome....pool was good and the staff was excellent....met our needs over and above

We were very pleased with our stay,I would recommend it and it would be my 1st choice next time.
    • Room with Two Queen Beds and Garden View

They do not serve a free breakfast and their restaurant was closed for the winter. I felt they should offer a free breakfast all year round but there is a Sunset Grill right across the road. They lock the front doors after 9pm, a little early in my books. You have to use your room key for entry and it wasn't working too well. We ended up going in when others were leaving. No microwave and a little more coffee would have been good or option of tea in the room.

The beds are very comfortable, the place was very clean and had a nice layout. Room had a fridge without asking for one and rooms were equipped with coffee maker. Nice view from our room. Staff is very nice and helpful. Location was away from all the busyness of the city but not too far. It was a short drive to the falls.

excellant. ....will stay there again.
    • Standard One Queen Room

Nothing to mention ...àt this moment..

It was very affordable...with free parking ....the rooms were very clean and bed was very comfortable. ...and quiet. ..great place to stay. ..we will use your accommodation again ...nothing

Overpriced for such a basic room so far from downtown...
    • Room with Two Queen Beds and Garden View

Overpriced for such a basic room so far from downtown (certainly not within walking distance)- extra small television with only a couple of channels that worked because they only run antenna tv even though the slip in the room promotes cavle tv. Wifi too slow to even read email or you have to pay for high speed internet. Chipped/broken furniture in the room.

5.5
    Slept well- the hotel needs a serious and basic fix up & was as clean as possible considering that.
    • Deluxe Room with Two Queen Beds

The bathroom had fruit flies and could use an update (towel rack coming off and counter falling off in the bathroom). The staff charged me 185.00 without seeing that I already paid on booking.com although I tried to tell them. They said if I don’t see the amount back on my visa in a week to call my credit card company. There was a man fully ignoring that a miscommunication was clearly happening in the office behind the desk and he was very casually on the phone and pretending he didn’t notice anything- I hope that wasn’t the manager.

That it was clean, we slept well and the parking was free.

Very clean even the indoor pool was perfect. We enjoyed our time

Nothing. We were very happy

The staff were awesome. When we got there they upgraded our room to a larger room for our comfort. Cleanliness is important to me And was very pleased

Incredible value for the price & good visit overall.
    • Standard One Queen Room

No breakfast served in the morning. And TV channels were pretty poor. Also the HVAC unit in the room was very noisy which forced us not to use it.

Rooms were very clean and modern looking. Very comfortable stay. Very easy and nice.

Will not go there again or recommend it.
    • Deluxe Room with Two Queen Beds

It's a rip off having to pay extra for parking. What is this parking money being used for? Our room cost 200 and then we had to pay 10 dollars for parking for one night. The receptionist was most unfriendly when we checked in. She never looked us in the eye or smiled. We felt like we were inconveniencing her.

Closeness to highway

Clean, quiet, comfortable, but a short drive to downtown (10 min.)
    • Standard One Queen Room

Additional cost for parking & breakfast, but most places in the area charge for both. Slow internet speed, but sufficient to check emails.

Quieter location but still close enough to downtown. Very friendly & informative staff! Clean & comfortable. We did not partake in the continental breakfast because of the additional cost, $8.95 pp, and the proximity of a McDonald's to the Inn. We were quite satisfied with our stay!

If we return to Niagara Falls we would stay at the Pennisula Inn again.
    • Standard One Queen Room

Limited TV stations. Booking.com billed our credit card for our reservations right away--three months before we were there. Other sites like booking.com don't charge you until your stay is finished. So my complain is not towards the hotel but to booking.com--

The location was great to the Falls as well as to other attractions in the area, staff very helpful and knowable to the area. Pool and spa were clean. Rooms were clean and quiet. Outside patio was well kept and pleasant to sit out on.

I would definitely stay again
    • Deluxe Room with Two Queen Beds

The lights in the room are too bright and harsh. Could use lower watt bulbs to make it more enjoyable.

Room were very clean and modern. Quiet being a little hideaway spot.

Wonderfull Clean Stay, amazing facility and Wonderful staff 💖
    • Room with Two Queen Beds and Garden View

Bathroom was a lil on the small size (toilet to close to sink)

Clean! Amazingly wonderfully clean! Confortable, good size room for our needs. Location easily lead to main roads, surrounded by a lil of everything. Overall wonderfull stay and Amazing Staff!

Beds were quite comfortable and view was attractive.
    • Room with Two Queen Beds and Garden View

We found the $10. charge for parking annoying and petty especially when the e mail confirmation stated free parking. Also the practise of charging for WiFi is very much out dated. Perhaps a $5 charge for carpet usage will be next.

Beds were quite comfortable and view was attractive. Close to shopping.

The rooms were modern looking and clean.
    • Standard One Queen Room

Parking on site is extra, but it is a flat rate for the entire stay (i.e. not charged per day, but per stay). Wi-Fi service is separated into Basic and Premium. Premium is an extra that is charged per day. Basic Wi-Fi is sufficient for typical use, but may have trouble streaming content.

The rooms were modern looking and clean. Lights by the bed were bright. The alarm clock also serves as a charging station (through USB). Staff was helpful and friendly.

Wasn't happy with my stay.
    • Room with Two Queen Beds and Garden View

Was told there was complimentary breakfast for free that was a lie. Also wasn't told the restaurant was close on tues and wed.A baby that was in the next room kept my husband up.

We will be back see you soon and hope the breakfast bar have more choices.
    • Family Suite

The price on the breakfast is little high and not a lot of choices to pick. Please update your equipment workout is out of date and old. Safety issues.

Pool and gym and the staff very professional.

This is our fourth time staying here over the years and we really enjoy the ambiance of the property
    • Standard One Queen Room

I think paying for parking is a money grab especially when you have such a big lot available.

We love the property--nicely maintained and nice atmosphere.

Over all it was a great night and we would recommend this motel to friends tgabks to all staff
    • Room with Hot Tub

The step going on to the balcony is to high of a step we actually hurt our selves going in and out.. And the Jacuzzi needs a couple of steps

The bed was absolutely amazing.....but being the honey moon suite we both thought that the balcony needed more elegance....and maybe different lighting...

clean room quiet . good staff
    • Standard One Queen Room

the blinds do not cut out light in moring

room was clean .but the blinds do not cut out the light in the moring .facing the qe main hiway i don like paying for parking when i book a hotel. do you think it is fare

Pay for guest parking.
    • Room with Two Queen Beds and Garden View

It was an "ok" hotel. Nothing special, restaurant was closed when we checked out in the morning (which was about 9 am). Had to PAY another $9 as a guest to park at the hotel.

The wedding garden was pretty.

It was a very nice place to stay. Gorgeous.The young fellow that was there was super helpful!
    • Deluxe Room with Two Queen Beds

Cable channeling and no guide.

The staff and the cleanliness aswell as decor were exceptional.The one thing I would change is cable channels, I find I would like to watch good or familiar tv programming when I am away from home and I don't have my own devices to bring and watch. Honestly only few hotels habe these options but I use it in my search and I was disappointed by the channels and the staff didn't know the channel guide and it wasn't on the tv. I was there for my daughters grad that was in st catherines and she lives in welland. I stay in hotels because of allergies to her pets. We have past this hotel 20 times and I have admired it for some time. It was lovely. If they changed the cable options. I would stay there all the time. Close enough to welland but not in the core of niagara falls.

Okay for a 2 night stay.
    • Standard One Queen Room

The bathroom was a little small and the ceiling and furniture in the room was in need of repair.

The location was perfect. The pool was nice. The room was clean.

Anniversary Splurge Success!
    • Room with Hot Tub

No breakfast Mondays. Hotel had good recommendations. Japanese place for dinner was awesome.

Peninsula Inn was a real find. We wanted a quieter hotel, that was well connected. Staff told us where locals parked, and saved us money when they realized we like to walk along the pathways. Amazing jacuzzi fancy room for decent price. Would be beautiful for on site weddings. Didn't have breakfast Mon, but restaurant was 3 min drive away. Staff, location (quiet) and price made this hotel a winner. You need a vehicle though.

Niagara calm
    • Room with Two Queen Beds and Garden View

Friendly stafff beautiful hotel. Got great recommendations for attractions and places to eat. Easy route into and out of Niagara away from the busy centre.

Great hotel!!
    • Standard One Queen Room

We had a tasimo coffee maker in our room but we didn't actually receive the tabs to make the coffee until our last morning there, which was disappointing. Also the vending machine for snacks would only take quarters, which was a mild inconvience but not a big deal. They did downsize the menu for the bistro on our last day without warning which was disappointing because I didn't get to try one of the items that was removed.

It was a very quiet location, and the staff (especially Daniel, I believe) was extremely accommodating and friendly. The pool and hot tub were great, and our room was very spacious and clean. Onsite breakfast buffet ($14 CAD) was a good deal, and a menu items as well. Buses are near by, and 10 min drive from the falls as well as around 20-30 mins to Marineland. There was also a McDonald's, Walmart, and a strip mall very close by which was excellent. No extra hidden fees so we checked out with the amount we had calculated on our own which was perfect. Great price for the location and space we received: would go back!

Decent place to stay
    • Room with Two Queen Beds and Garden View

Charges for parking. There was a few surprise charges that we were told about at check in. There should be some type of notification when booking.

Room was comfortable and clean.

Quiet, peaceful setting.
    • Room with Two Queen Beds and Garden View

When we checked in in the evening they had 2 people working the front desk, but at checkout in the morning (which was busier) there was only one person working the front desk and she seemed to be still in training I guess because she was fumbling a bit having to remind herself what the next step was. She was perfectly pleasant, it just slowed things down, and when I had a question about an hour before checkout she was unavailable to help me.

Quiet, peaceful setting. Clean. Comfortable beds. Away from the hubbub of the main Falls tourist area, but close enough you can get to it by car in 10 mins.

good for the price, but needs an upgrade from outside.

pictures on the internet are only from the inside, when i arrive, i was about to cancel my reservation because the hotel looks very old from outside and it is very close to the highway but it was quiet. I had to check the rooms first. inside the hotel looks nicer and the garden is very nice. it really needs an upgrade on the outside.

the room was clean, bed was comfortable, pool was nice too, price was not too bad compare with the others hotels in the area.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

Very nice comfortable stay
    • Standard One Queen Room

It would have been nice to have an onsite breakfast option.

Comfortable beds, clean rooms, ample parking. Fitness room well equipped with everything I needed. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Also liked that there were no extra fees like all the other hotels in Niagara Falls.

Quick stay
    • Standard One Queen Room

Very easy to take the wrong entrance into the hotel

Didn't have breakfast. The hotel was ok. Carpet at the front door very hard to roll the suitcase on. Should be tile

Nice relaxing time
    • Room with Two Queen Beds and Garden View

Loved that this Hotel was away from the noise of the main drag. Came for a relaxing time and that's exactly what we got. Nice, quiet, clean facilities and room. Would recommend this hotel for anyone who doesn't want to be right around the strip. The spa was also amazing. Definitely coming back!

Room was clean and fairly spacious.
    • Deluxe Room with Two Queen Beds

Seems understaffed and the inn needs an upgrade overall. Spa was more of a nail salon with extra services. Ironically, massage and facial were better than the mani and pedi. Close to shops and movie theatre, but the roads are not very pedestrian-friendly. Other shops are across the highway.

Room was clean and fairly spacious.

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

Definite Repeat Customer
    • Standard One Queen Room

friendly and helpful staff Quite environment close enough to the main attractions far enough away you are not in the Hustle and Bustle of the tourist Area Pool Hot Tub was a relaxing really enjoyed our stay

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

Worst hotel I've been to
    • Standard One Queen Room

Everything I had to spray the room room with calzone because of the smell the hallway smelled really bad the hot tub had growth in it the people tried to upgrade me to a two queen beds but for me that's not an upgrade being it was just my girlfriend and I I had to bring my wine bottle to the front desk to have opened worst stay I've ever had anywhere

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

Poor Customer Service
    • Standard One Queen Room

The customer service was totally poor and unpleasant with ruthless attitude and work ethic.They don't know what they are saying and don't have any solution for the customers need.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

One person on the front counter checking in 10 people in a...
    • Family Suite

This place needs a good bit of elbow grease; walls, furniture, sinks stained. You can see that high traffic has taken its toll on this hotel.

One person on the front counter checking in 10 people in a line but was very very friendly and didn't lose his calm

A good place to stay

Iron board, couldn't stand up, hard to figure out what is the problem :)

Cleaness of the hotel as a whole; Great location, easy to access to highway.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

Room ok . Wouldn't book again. For the price the continental breakfast should be included at least.
    • Room with Hot Tub

No continental breakfast because of booking online. Which was never stated when booked. Also wouldn't offer coffee free for the same reason. No happy for what we paid for the room.

Room was ok.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Thank you guys for a wonderful stay!
    • Room with Two Queen Beds and Garden View

Hoops restaurant staff weren't that friendly. We came back to the hotel and the front desk were so sorry to hear that and referred us to mick and Angelos where we had a great time!

The staff were super nice and helpful.

Would not stay again.
    • Standard One Queen Room

$10 parking charge for one night.

Clean room and the staff are kind.
    • Room with Two Queen Beds and Garden View

Not too much food to choose during breakfast. It's a bit from the falls.

Clean room and the staff are kind.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Excellent value for money
    • Room with Two Queen Beds and Garden View

No breakfast on property Mon to Wed.

Nice beautiful garden view rooms, great little swimming pool. Very clean and staff very courteous.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

confort
    • Deluxe Room with Two Queen Beds

The breakfast was close and they didn’t have a variety of food in the breakfast

I like it everything...

Dont stay if you're sensitive to cigarette smoke.
    • Deluxe Room with Two Queen Beds

Room reeked of smoke. Reception staff wasnt exceptionally warm and inviting. No breakfast included and parking fee.

Staff was super!
    • Room with Two Queen Beds and Garden View

Staff was super! Room was Clean, plenty of space. Lovely grounds. Excellent value. Shopping, starbucks nearby. I will stay again, no doubt.

Weekend getaway
    • Room with Two Queen Beds and Garden View

Bed was a little bit hard for me

Good location for Marineland & mall with a Mandarin restaurant

The parking was not included and the breakfast did no have ...
    • Room with Two Queen Beds and Garden View

The parking was not included and the breakfast did no have much variety.