Reviews of Pinnacle Hotel Harbourfront 4 stars

1133 West Hastings Street, V6E 3T3 Vancouver, Canada

#33 of 81 hotels in Vancouver

• Harbourview King

Even though I am aware that this hotel is relatively well priced for this city I still think that prices are far too high for what you get

Staff very friendly and nice. View from room was great. I loved the free bikes for use at the hotel

• Partial Harbourview Two Doubles

Coffee machine in room impossible to operate by 2 intelligent people! Coffee in breakfast restaurant poor, though some good nearby places. A la carte breakfast ok apart from coffee

Views, beds, bathroom, wifi, porters all good

• Harbourview Two Doubles

Central Location near the Harbour Front. Canada Place, Tourism Office, Shopping Malls, Restaurants and Supermarkets - all in Walking Distance. The Vancouver Hop-on Hop-off bus with 23 drop-off Points stops in front of the Hotel.

• City View Two Doubles

The hot tub was absolutely gross , greasy black scum around the edges. Had breakfast in the restaurant - told us after they had delivered our poached eggs that my regular toast would be along shortly and that they were out of gluten free bread for my friend’s toast. Eggs were cold by the time I got the toast. My friend never did get a gluten free option to go with her eggs. They did apologize but they should have told my friend about the bread before they brought out the eggs and delivered my toast and eggs together.

Front desk staff were lovely. Very helpful and pleasant.

• City Side Two Double Beds

The value is minimal. The rooms are tiny and average. The exorbitant price is undoubtedly based on its location near the cruise terminal, and it's still not a reasonable walk if you have large sets of luggage. Breakfast is expensive.

The location downtown is excellent for walking to nearby venues.

• City View Two Doubles

Faster service at breakfast would help, price of buffet breakfast out of proportion to table service, l suppose this option would not give them any service charge !

Very good location, most Interesting attractions within walking distance.

• Partial Harbourview King

The elevators were a little unpredictable and this sounds small but a hook in the bathroom to hang my towel would have been nice.

The little extras made it all that much better. The bed was extremely comfortable. The view was fabulous, the complimentary nuts, chocolate and fruit added a nice touch. The staff were also very friendly.

• Harbourview Two Doubles

We called in first to book a room with 4 adults and a pet so the person gave us a quote of $389 which included all the taxes. He also did not mention the extra pet charges. When I came in to check in after booking it online for a cheaper rate. They ended up charging me $546 including all the taxes and pet charges. I have stayed at this hotel thrice before and always have come with my dog. They have never charged me extra for it. Overall, we all felt cheated to spend $546 in one night !! I will never come back here again, also will ensure I broadcast this out and loud to ensure no one gets cheated like this.

• Partial Harbourview Two Doubles

The location is excellent if you want to stay downtown area. We had absolutely wonderful views from our 18th floor room. This is a big hotel with all facilities. Staff at the reception and housekeeping were really helpful and charming. We had a great week, the hotel was a good choice. In this absolutely magnificent, beautiful city.

• Harbourview King

It was a great hotel in a great location. Loved looking out at the harbor and all the planes taking off. Easy walking to many areas downtown. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• City View King

A long walk to get to my room but I did not really mind that!

Great location, nice big room with two queen size beds with a fantastic view of the city from 17th floor.

a room that didn't smell horrible and being allowed to check in by 2:00

I took this property for two days for my two daughters to celebrate a significant birthday where one would fly in to Vancouver and they'd attend the Ballet BC and other events. My daughter in Vancouver wanted to check in by 200 pm in order to prepare a surprise in the suite, but couldn't check in until nearly 4:00, and when she did check in, the room stank so bad she had to request a room change. Not very impressive handling as this was my gift for a memorable birthday celebration between two sisters.

• Harbourview King

The room was expensive, and we felt that they could have made it feel a little more special, without spending a lot of money. There was just a few things - for instance the bath towels were on the small side, the coffee-maker was a welcome addition, but there were no tea-making facilities and the cups were disposable paper, rather than china. These are really only minor points, but would change the perception of value for money.

Excellent location - clean rooms, very helpful staff. We particularly liked the free bike hire which we used twice.

• City View King

The hotel looks nice online but the rooms resemble a 3-star hotel at best. We were given a different room from what was booked because they were out of rooms even though we called ahead to confirm our checking that morning. Guests were screaming in the hallways at all hours and banging doors.

Complimentary bikes in the lobby

• City Side Two Double Beds

I was disappointed with the staff member on my check out at 5:30am. My bag had been lost by Air Canada and I was advised by hotel staff that bags are sometimes delivered during the night. On checkout I tried to ask but the staff member was attending to three flight attendants for more than 20 minutes and would not give me one minute to ask if there was someone who could help as I could see she was buy. When I said excuse me could I just check on my lost bag she said very rudely that she was already attending to someone and I would have to wait. I needed to get to the airport and needed to ascertain if my bag was in fact in the hotel before I left without it. After pacing around a man finally saw from behind a door near reception and attended to my question.

Nicely decorated and very spacious room with juliette balcony.

• Patio Two Doubles

Could hear skytrain underneath, took us some time to figure that out and crank up fan to muffle sound

Great location, lovely facilities. Room was nice and clean and had view towards North shore.

• Partial Harbourview King

The cleanliness of the room was a fine, but not good. The room was a bit tired and the noise from hall was annoying.

It is well situated to the downtown core. Close to the shopping areas and Stanley Park.

• Premium Harbourview King

TV didn't have a guide - it wasn't working. Bath had a little dirt in it. Some of the decor is a bit old (popcorn ceiling)

Location and water view

• Harbourview King

The concierge was very nice and helpful, but unfortunately he was the only one, I can not say that about the rest of the staff. The girl that checked us in stopped in mid sentence to start helping a guest she knew. Parking is very expensive running around $30+/ day. Meter parking is in effect between 8:00 or 9:00 to 22:00 so if you want to save a bit of money I wouldn't suggest staying downtown. You can easily access downtown by public transport or on the days you want to explore the city you can drive in.

Locations is right in the heart of the city and near many restaurants and shopping.

• City Side Two Double Beds

The heating unit when heating valve actuated - turned on - it would make a loud snapping sound that was waking me up. The first time I thought someone had opened the door so I got up but the door was locked, an hour later I figured out what the noise was. My day job , I am an HVAC technician specializing in Hot water Heating , Class A , in commercial and institutional installations and repairs. and think the spring mechanism may be faulty on the heating valve . My best guess without actually opening the unit. Nice room though.

Staff, bistro- bar, parking, location, cleanliness

• Patio Two Doubles

The room was very disappointing and overpriced compared to other hotels we stayed in while in Vancouver and Vancouver Island. The patio area was unwelcoming, the carpet needed steam cleaned, the paint work badly needed touched up and the shower tap was loose.

The staff and public areas of the hotel were excellent. Happy hour drinks and bites were lovely as were the bar staff. The view from the bar/restuaurant was lovely.

• Harbourview King

Noisy A/C in the whole building - switching it off in my room did not change the noise level at all. Hotel bar closing at 10:30 PM (!)

Good food. Spacious room with comfy desk & conveniently located power plugs. Decent, free wi-fi. Fantastic window view onto the bay. Close to Waterfront subway station, and to Stanley Park.

• Premium Harbourview King

there was some noise in the room from machinery apparently located above it. There are only three lifts for the bedroom floors. At least one of them was out of action during part of the stay. This caused long waits and queues in the lobby. There are three other lifts but they only service the parking areas. Ideally, all six lifts should be available for bedroom access. TV service and channels available were pretty dire; in fairness this is standard fare for many North American hotels; I suppose they assume you're always going to be out and about so it doesn't matter.

Breakfast was a good buffet with other menu choices which looked good. The view from my window (18th floor) was spectacular. The bed was very comfortable.

• City View King

Noisy meal - restaurant and bar seemed to be merged as one facility so a noisy group were drinking on a nearby bar table when we just wanted to enjoy our food. They were clearly quite drunk and being very loud and ridiculous - not appropriate in a hotel restaurant where children were also eating. Personally wouldn’t eat in the hotel again for this reason if this is allowed as normal behaviour.

Upgrade for honeymoon - amazing balcony views Very large room Very clean Good sized bathroom Friendly staff

• City Side Two Double Beds

the included rental bikes should have more comfortable seats. really hurts. parking included would be nice.

the view was amazing and the staff so polite and helpful.

• Partial Harbourview Two Doubles

Elevator takes forever to show up. It took more than 10 minutes for us. That's not good when you have two toddlers. It seems they optimize the elevator for economy, so guests have to wait. We also have to wait for 15 minutes to get our car from the valet. I paid more for comfort, but it was worse than self parking.

• Harbourview Two Doubles

* My reservation confirmation was wrong. *Follow up was also inaccurate with details. *Dirty hot tub *Mold in bathroom shower stall. *Broken elevator *Called room service for creamer & was advised it was coming - it was never delivered.

• Patio Accessible King

Hot tub was dirty and needed to be shut down during our stay. Hotel gave us free breakfast for the trouble.

The bed was comfortable and the room was spacious. Location of hotel was clean and close to shopping. Breakfast buffet had lots of options but was not included.

• Premium Harbourview King

Hot tub very tiny and didn’t smell very good at all. Actually like dirty diapers. Pool area looks like it needs updating.

Room was very nice, comfortable beds, lots of pillows, beautiful view.

• City Side Two Double Beds

Pillows were flat and very uncomfortable. There was no fan in the bathroom. A coffee maker was provided, but we were not provided with any mugs to put the coffee in. There were just some details missed that left a little to be desired about the room.

• Harbourview King

The hotel is a little tired and could do with a lick of paint.

Excellent location and fantastic view from the harbour side rooms. Wait staff gave great service especially Joanna. The room was functional and king size bed very comfortable.

• City View King

The staff was inattentive and slightly impolite. Also, we requested firmer pillows at 11:00 pm we were promised the pillows right away. It took 3 calls to actually get the pillows at around 12:00 am. Once the pillows arrived they were not even the firm ones. The elevators are really slow, crowded and inconvenient there was always a lineup to use the elevators. Once you are in the elevator expect to stop at every floor. Each room only had 2 towels. This is the least amount i've ever seen in a hotel of this caliber.

Amazing location. The lobby restaurant has a beautiful view. the room was clean and comfortable.

• City Side King Room

We were seated for the buffet breakfast but were not told what to do. The buffet was not very good, I think the breakfast ordered from the menu would have been better. The scrambled eggs were terrible.

Location and helpfulness of the staff. Absolutely terrific.

• Premium Harbourview Two Doubles

I thought we were getting queen beds and turned out to be double. Bathroom was very poor for handicap guest

The harbour view was great. The bistro was fabulous.

• Premium Harbourview Two Doubles

Pool is not clean enough , I found dusty around room. No fan in the washroom , cleaning service keep banging my door even though I had the "Do not disturb" sign on

I like the 24 hours gym and pool facilities

• Partial Harbourview King

The room was to small including the bathroom, also we have to pay 27 dollars extra for parking and if we want to use the valet parking is up to 38 dollars a day.

Location, the view and the friendly staff.

• Premium Harbourview Two Doubles

It was too expensive for what was offered which was minimum. Beds were uncomfortable and small for 2 people. The rooms are so normal and the food is very expensive. They didnt provide us with a dog bed up until a day before we leave and I asked them to remove it since we had one. Overal, you’d expect more from a hotel this expensive.

We liked the location, staff were friendly.

• Partial Harbourview Two Doubles

clean room, comfortable bed, helpful staff, and my daughter loved the pool. early check-in was greatly appreciated! the restaurant was good (clean, good food) but a little pricey (to be expected from a hotel restaurant). we would stay here again.

• City Side Two Double Beds

The pool was at times cloudy and the temperature in the spa was inconsistent, often too hot. We had no control of the temperature.

We stayed in harbour view room. Wow, what a view and an amazing location. Great hotel with all the amenities. Staff were great and responsive to a few questions that I had.

• City Side Two Double Beds

More hot water for shower. Small room. Fridge in room didn't work

convenient location in Downtown Vancouver, close to sky train. Breakfast in restaurant was very good

• Harbourview King

Beautiful views of harbour & North Shore Mountains! Good location to transit ,restaurants and sea wall! In house restaurant was very good & very reasonable happy hour! Definitely would stay again! Parking very expensive but that seems to be the norm for Vancouver!

• Harbourview King

Had to call to front desk to figure out the shower. Bathroom a bit dated. Pretty noisy in the morning as seaplanes take off right in front of hotel.

Good bed. Good check in. Great location. Great breakfast and staff

• City View King

Hotel located in top location, within walking distance from waterfront, skytrain and Vancouver CBD. Friendly and helpful staff, great food and stunning view of harbour.

• Harbourview Two Doubles

Prefer less commercial location with lower density. Rooms did not transfer normal sounds, but next door neighbours disturbed us day and night with unusually noisy and frequent erotic encounters.

The staff were very helpful and friendly and even arranged transportation for us. Good harbour view from the 16th floor room. Close to waterfront walkway and Sky Train Station that goes to ferry and airport.

• City Side King Room

The soundproofing in the rooms could be better. I could hear our neighbors TV very clearly and it wasn't on loud. Mattresses could be better (not awful, but will need upgrading soon). Room service breakfast was overpriced, even for the quality.

Food overall was good, friendly staff, amazing location and view. We got a complimentary upgrade on check-in to a mountain view king room.

• City View King

The smallest part that I did not like is the pool was not very deep - when you can stand at the deepest end at 4 feet something..

We enjoyed the hotel and our experience there. everything was wonderful. Created beautiful, fun adventures!

• Harbourview Two Doubles

I cant think of anything that could have been better.

The hotel was in an excellent location the rooms large and clean Sally who cleaned our room was lovely and the staff very helpful.The bar and restaurant served excellent food and was very nice. Would definately stay here again.

• Harbourview King

Maybe put microwaves in rooms so guests can heat up their own food.

Staff were extremely friendly and super helpful. Our room had everything we needed. Bed was super comfy and the view was great.

• City Side Two Double Beds

Before my stay I received an email advising of a number of upgrades I could utilise for reduced prices. I chose to take up a $21 breakfast. Before checkout on my bill I saw that I had been charged for two breakfasts ($50-ish with taxes). I queried with reception and they advised it was because my booking said "2" people in the room, but they would rectify it and reprinted my bill. On my return home it appears that I was still charged for two breakfasts.

Even with two double beds there was plenty of room to spread out. Bed was very comfy and the bathroom was very nice and seemed recently renovated.

• City View King

Our room was really hot and was hard to cool down. At the time of year the air conditioning was turned off so we had to rely on just having the window open.

The location of the hotel is perfect. The restaurant in the hotel was a pleasant surprise! The food was really good and staff through out the hotel were great.

• City View Two Doubles

Comfortable room temperature and very comfortable bed. Room was clean and comfortable and washroom was clean and well decorated. Tub and shower were clean with no signs of mold or mildew. Satisfied staying there.

We had an early arrival from Sydney and the kind check in staff managed to find us rooms that were ready early, so that we didn't have to sit around for hours! It was so appreciated.

• Harbourview Two Doubles

The bathroom could have done with better ventilation.

Very nice location, luxury and stylish lobby, friendly staff,nice room, great view over the bay with landing and taking off water planes. Clean room with comfortable beds, nice bath and shower . Breakfast was delicious. Close enough to Gastown or local restaurants, like the Keg, in the local business district area.

• Premium Harbourview Two Doubles

Beds too small. Staff impersonal and blunt. Arrived 30th December for New Year's Eve stay. Hotel already removed Christmas decorations. Everywhere else on our trip before and after still Christmassy. All rather flat and disappointing.

• Harbourview King

Not crazy about the decor and bathroom was on the smaller end of the scale.

Hotel, staff etc were all good. I only downgraded facilities because I did not want to give a 10 score. Previous hotel received a 10 and they were a better hotel. There room size, bathroom and room decoration was better than the Pinnacle and the view was better.

• Premium Harbourview Two Doubles

Double beds small, we booked a room for four and had two double beds so was very squashed, but requested a rollaway and was given one with a smile. Restaurant in the foyer area is very cold in December!

The location is fantastic! Walking distance to everything.

• Harbourview King

Some of the facilities need to be updated

The location of this hotel was perfect, close to public transport, restaurants, stores, everything in walking distance. The views from our room were spectacular looking at the harbour. The staff were so helpful and friendly!

• Harbourview Two Doubles

Food was great, service in the restaurant was not. Our room was cleaned very superficially , dirty glasses were not cleared and carpet was not vacuumed daily- and as much as the hotel provides bottled water for guests....one bottle of 250ml for two guests is a bit of a sad offering.

Room has a great view of the harbour. Food in the restaurant was good- service there not so much, check-in and concierge staff were great, location is very good. Hotel decor is a bit dated- but still nice.

• Harbourview King

Elevators were very slow. It took a while to get upstairs. On our first day we were not provided with shower gel and shampoo.

Great location and amazing view out of window - bay and mountains. Very spacious room. Large and very comfortable bed. Very clean room. It was quite. We were able to get a nice night sleep. Public underground parking with elevator to hotel lobby. Complementary water was provided upon arrival. Reception works even late at night - we arrived at 3 a.m. Good WiFi and large TV.

• Harbourview King

I booked a harbor bay view but there's a building in front of the hotel which is blocking my view. The elevator was having technical difficulty and it's malfunction.

Housekeeper helped me organize my shoes and jackets on hangers.

• City Side Two Double Beds

Friendly helpful staff. Great bar and restaurant. Excellent location. Complimentary transport to any location cation in town Will definitely return here.

• City Side Two Double Beds

Nice hotel. Noisy in the hallways as they cater to large groups. Staff also very busy with these huge groups. All good except the elevators are tired and sometimes need reset. Made me very nervous.....

Not much.

Left my passport in the safe. Got to airport and realized. Called housekeeping and they quickly retrieved the documents and sent out to airport by taxi for me. I made my flight. Thanks Pinnacle.

• City Side Two Double Beds

The limited tea and coffee making facilities in the room - just one tea bag!!!!

For the price of the room I felt it was quite basic. There are hotels which provide the same standard of accommodation for a much lower price. What you pay for here is the location.

• City Side Two Double Beds

Swimming pool surrounds and changing room too cold. Was woken up twice on first night by alarm clock, not set by me.

Restaurant has very good outlook and pleasant atmosphere.

• Premium Harbourview Two Doubles

The size of the beds were rather small. We could hear the lifts moving at night.

It's a convenient position. The staff were helpful and friendly.

• Harbourview Two Doubles

The habour view room was very near the elevator, so the noises from the movement of the elevator can be heard in the room. The city facing room had no such problem which allowed better quality sleep.

Stayed at the habour view rook for 3 nights and the city view room for 1 night. The habour view was gorgeous! The location was very convenient and nearest sky train station is just a short walk away. Staff was very prompt and caring, i accidentally broke a glass mug in the room, the first thing the housekeeping/maintenance staff asked over the phone was if i was hurt and sent a staff up to clean up. Hotel has a well-maintained gym and pool too that are available 24 hrs.

• Harbourview King

Noisy mechanical noises in the hotel throughout the night. Water pretty murky in the hot tub and pool. Paint and mouldings were a bit dingy otherwise high scores for everything.

Friendly staff at check in and throughout. They have a free phone charger in the lobby which I thought was pretty cool. In the program hot tub is always nice. Good size fitness room. Nice ocean views from our room.

• Premium Harbourview King

The hot water in the shower took a long time to warm up.

The staff were very friendly. The room was large with a beautiful view of the mountains and harbour.

• Harbourview Two Doubles

Our room had two beds full size. We expected that they will queen size. Also there was a door between rooms, so there is no soundproofing between rooms and we heard all phone conversations our neighbor had with China during the night.

• City View King

Parking is very tight with height restrictions of around 6'. We left a day earlier. Did not expect a refund because it was prepaid. However I was charged twice and was told that it was a system error.I will need to address this further to ensure that it is corrected!

Excellent location

• City Side Two Double Beds

I waited in the main restaurant for over 7mins and no one greeted me or asked if I wanted a drink. It was not busy either. After 10 mins I went to the bar and was served well by the staff there.

The view of the harbour thanks to the free upgrade. Really big spacious rooms. Good bathroom with a deep soaker tub. Quiet location as well.

• Premium Harbourview King

Parking was $35 per day, expensive.

Great location, view of the harbour was outstanding. Room nice and comfy. Easy walk to Canada place and the Skytrain.

• Premium Harbourview Two Doubles

The coffee in the room and the room's soundproofing were not great.

When we asked reception staff for directions to a local museum, they provided us with a complimentary car and friendly driver to take us there.

• City View King

Not much That I didn’t like.

My dog was welcomed as much as myself. The view fabulous, and easy access to lots of walking paths, restaurants, entertainment.