Reviews of Quality Suites Quebec City 3 stars

#88 of 104 hotels in Quebec City

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Comfort! Price is fair.
    • Family Suite - Non-Smoking

Room is very clean, bigger, nice, much better than Booking.com description . Hope this hotel adds its room pictures in Booking.com. For sure, I will tell all my friends to book this hotel.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

Good hotel but could be better
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The space in the breakfast area. That the bathroom door locked from the inside and we had to contact the front desk and the person at the front desk said he would be there in 30 minutes (a long time) and then he forgot about it and we had to go get him after 45 minutes.

The breakfast was good and replenished often. Unfortunately, the space is limited and there aren't enough tables and chairs to be confortable.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

The carpet of the room was so dirty I would never recommend...
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed

The carpet of the room was the first thing I noticed it was the dirtiest thing in the room

The carpet of the room was so dirty I would never recommend to stay there it was ver unhygienic

Good stay, good value for $
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Stains on hallway carpets, not near restaurants

10th leg of our 7000 km journey. Good comfort t for tired bodies. We don’t speak French but staff very accommodating, not bad location ( hard to drive in Montreal and Quebec City) good wifi, clean rooms, good breakfast included

Rude Receptionist ....Line ups for Breakfast
    • One-Bedroom Suite with King Bed - Non-Smoking

The Sofa bed is very uncomfortable, when we asked for an extra portable bed due to this they insisted in charging an extra fee even though we repeatedly explained to the receptionist that it is a replacement of the sofa bed and that we do not have an extra person but the sofa bed is very uncomfortable and we cannot sleep on it (you can almost see the springs coming out of the mattress). I find this is unfair and we decided not to order the extra bed. There was a big line up for breakfast..

sizable room

A good experience
    • One-Bedroom Suite with King Bed - Non-Smoking

The carpet in the room were stained and dirty. The breakfast room could have done with two toasters considering the amount of people waiting in line for breakfast.

The staff were excellent and very helpful

Below expectations. Uncomfortable for family of 5.
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds and Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Room did not meet my expectations. Booked a room for family of 5 with 2 queen beds and sofa bed. Not available on arrival. Very disappointing. Family had to make do with very uncomfortable sleeping arrangements.

Nicely renovated room was a big plus - cleam and fresh.
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds and Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

I didnt like the floor. I was expecting a carpeted floor which is more comforting to the feet after a long walk at the city. I find it warmer too.

The honest staff who found my lost earing and iwatch and left them nicely inside the room where I can easily find them.

Good value for money for those who only need a place to sleep over and a basic breakfast.
    • Double Suite - Non-Smoking

However, not enough room for breakfast. Chaotic and not practical - but the staff was quick to make it all happen.

Room was very spacious for my family of 5, this was great, breakfast included was a good deal. Good value for money choice for those who only need a place to sleep over and get the basic breakfast to face the day.

Could of been a lot better!!!
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The hotel room was not what I asked for. We had booked a room with 2 double beds. Unfortunately, the room was a King and a pull out couch. The refrigerator in the room had not been cleaned and had rotten fruits found in it, The room was messy. When approached the front desk clerk, he was very rude and hesitated to rectifying with problem. After 5 minutes, he finally gave me another room. The breakfast was very busy and only one person helping everybody. A line-up started to form and a lot of guest turning away.

Typical Quality Inn, friendly staff and a generous breakfast.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Hotel was under Renovations. We did not know this until we got there. Room was very small and bed was very small. Not a queen more like a double bed.

Typical Quality Inn, friendly staff and a generous breakfast.

Decent stay. Close to mall, Costco and restaurants.
    • One-Bedroom Suite with King Bed - Non-Smoking

It felt old, like no matter how clean it was, it still felt dirty. The mold on the bathroom ceiling was also a concern. Needs some updating.

Location was great! Room size was good.

Free parking,late checkout
    • Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Vile odour upon entering room...carpet and couch were disgusting. I'm not sure if the walls were washed in the last 10years?...Beds were clean but uncomfortable.Issues with bathroom faucet and regulating its water temperature. Breakfast was an embarrassment....we will look elsewhere on our next visit to Quebec. If it wouldn't have been so late in the evening we would have left and went to another hotel.

Free parking,late checkout

Would definitely stay here again.
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed

Carpet on floor looked worn, dirty and stained.

Great value for cost. Comfortable bed and pillows. Spacious room. Good breakfast. Easy walk to mall and restaurants.

Very comfy and welcoming
    • Double Suite - Non-Smoking

The dining room is small for all the guests staying at the hotel. Breakfast should include more variety for those who do not eat meat or bread.

The staff smiling abd very kind and comprehensive. They were very attentif to our needs. The room was big and comfortable. A very nice breakfast for free at hotel.

Will never book at this hotel again and will never recommend it too
    • One-Bedroom Suite with King Bed - Non-Smoking

Smell smell smell smell smell

The room smell very very very bad, this hotel needs to get a facelift, d carpet that still embed the smell of smoke from time people were allow to smoke in room. I stongly recommend to my family, friends and colleagues NOT to book a room at this hotel. Do i need to repeat this last comment. I paid the price i would normallyboaid at the Higher end hotel but i get the value of what a cheap motel along the highway will offer me. I was very disapointwd

Very pleasant stay in a hotel not far from the core of Québec city!

No comment.

Continental breakfast was good and as expected. Front desk reception were pleasant and helpful, (as my fluency in French was terrible and willing to communicate in English). The king suite was very nice layout, even the rollaway bed was surprisingly comfy!

fair in money, away from sight seeing places, need a car, old and noisy , small and poor restaurant
    • Double Suite - Non-Smoking

not clean room, old stained carpet, noisy ventilator, and the staff on the front desk was not friendly, i mean the young may be Indian girl. the restaurant is too small, and poor breakfast.

location good if you have a car, it is difficult to get to the streets to the town. the room is not clean, old carpet, and noisy, the ventilator of the room or of the next room you hear it loudly.

Good staff and comfortable bed
    • One-Bedroom Suite with King Bed - Non-Smoking

There was a kind of foul smell in the room and it's because the exhaust fans not working properly and bathroom exhaust fan too noisy

Rooms are very spacious

Serviceable and safe, but not comfortable.
    • One-Bedroom Suite with King Bed - Non-Smoking

We shared a suite with my daughter and mother, with them in the bed and us on the pull out sofa. The bedding was difficult to find, the mattress AWFUL, and the carpets grubby. The pullout should be replaced ASAP. Wretched. Hotel does not offer a shuttle bus into the city as stated on this website. You will need to drive in. Breakfast space is cramped, loud and difficult to get in and out of for guests. They were constantly running out of food, and there was no where to sit. Staff could not keep up with cleanup.

As a roadside stop it was easy to access from the highway and offered excellent, safe parking for our vehicle.

I was staying one night and ended staying two so it was great to be able to rebook an extra night
    • One-Bedroom Suite with King Bed - Non-Smoking

The suites are due for renovation new rugs a few ceiling repairs and paint would help the look of the suites it did not interfere with my stay but it would help to refresh the place.I was there for one night and ended staying two

The personnel was very nice and friendly we missed hydro for a short period and I had a few suitcases and bags to bring to my room which was on the third floor the staff carried everything up to my suite thank you thank you for the breakfast it was good and the service was good also in all I had a good stay and I recommend the quality suites .

Ok, but not great
    • One-Bedroom Suite with King Bed - Non-Smoking

I booked 4 persons in the room, but only one blanket.. asked more, only got one extra. Lots of pillows though, 7 pillows found in the room, but pillows are not big enough to cover 4 adults.

Parking is convinient

Good stay if you don't look too closely.
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed

King suite was roomy and comfortable but presented poorly with soiled poorly installed carpeting, poor drainage in shower, leaking flush valve in commode tank, soiled furniture. Breakfast was good but arrangement of appliances (toaster/waffle-iron) created traffic jams. Facility is in need of renovation: scuffed walls and counters, drab paint colors, security measures on rear entry not functional.

Good location...easy traffic route to and from Old Quebec...restaurant selections near hotel are few in number but offer both fast food and pleasant dining. Pleasant, helpful staff.

Was the worst accommodation we had (we had 10) and the most expensive.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The night receptionist was a big problem, charged me although the accommodation was prepaid. At 2AM I tried to explain him that it is paid, however I had to give him my credit card and it was charged with the full stay (again). There are ACs in the room like tractors. To get to the City takes about an hour, but it was much more as we did not get precize instructions in the hotel (daytime). It is very strange for a tourist that in Canada you should pay tips for everything ("free" breakfast, for example) and on the other hand prices are shown before tax, so the whole country is much more expensive as you believe it would be. And the hotel would need some new paint ASAP. Was the worst accommodation we had (we had 10) and the most expensive.

That we had accommodation at all in Quebec City. Selfservice laundry was extremely good and quick.

Close to a mall
    • One-Bedroom Suite with King Bed - Non-Smoking

Non-smoking room smelled of old stale cigarette smoke. Hotel was old, outdated, dingy and in serious need of an overhaul. The booking.com website indicated there was daily shuttle service into old quebec, which there was not....and hadn't been for 2 years or so. Could have used another waffle station at the breakfast bar.

Close to a mall

Not that nice

The room smelled like sweat and even though I rented a "queen" bed it was small. Actually, my feet were out of the bed.

Easy access to downtown. The staff is really helpful and nice

This property should not be rated as a 3 star hotel.
    • One-Bedroom Suite with King Bed - Non-Smoking

Carpet wasn't clean and had lots of dirty spots. One of the sofa bed wasn't good; spots of dirty. We found remedies and papers in the room probably from the previous guests.

The size of the room.

we liked the fact that our pets were excepted.
    • Double Suite - Non-Smoking

breakfast was good but not enough seating for amount of people eating. Line up for breakfast was long and congested.

we liked the fact that our pets were excepted. When traveling with your pets it is hard sometimes to find hotels that will except them.

I would never stay here again or recommend this place to anyone.
    • One-Bedroom Suite with King Bed - Non-Smoking

The rooms are very old and rundown. The carpet is disgusting, had stains all over it. The whole place needs a makeover. Way over priced for a place that rundown. Not impressed at all.

Not much. Breakfast was ok.

Experimentamos el ambiente festivo del summer fest, hermosa ciudad
    • One-Bedroom Suite with King Bed - Non-Smoking

Didn't know it was so far from downtown, we were forced to take uber, $$$$$. Although the bus (2) can get you there on a 40 min ride. Staff at front desk not very helpful. Terrible breakfast and had to take it to room since the area is not enough. Next time plan ahead, this is a very expensive city

Convenient but not worth the money
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We were not able to take the wheel luggage carrier all the way to the room as we were in the last possible room that required going down 7 steps from halfway down the hall. So half the clients could wheel luggage right to their room and the other half (me who is handicapped) had to unload at the top and carry everything to our room. The hotel was dingy and very tired looking. Not worth the price as it was equivalent to a 2 star.

Breakfast was good and plentiful but there were few seats available so we ate in our room. The young girl at the counter was very friendly.

Disgusting-will never book here again.
    • One-Bedroom Suite with King Bed - Non-Smoking

The WiFi is free but NOT secure Carpets were absolutely disgusting... I think this is a pet friendly, non smoking room. Mold in bathroom roof

This was a last minute booking.... Got a king suite for$150... Good deal

Value for money stay close to beautiful Quebec City
    • Double Suite - Non-Smoking

We arrived after dusk and we had minor issue with our GPS locating the site.

The breakfast was served at 6:30 am so that we can start off the day at the earliest.

Never again
    • One-Bedroom Suite with King Bed - Non-Smoking

The carpet in the room was covered in multiple large stains and the room had a musty odor. We opened all the windows to air it out. The staff at the front desk was rude. Checking in, i was asked to sign 3 spots and when i asked what it said as it was in French only, she wouldn't explain and said just initial. I refused until i knew what it said. Checking out i was asked if i wanted to put the charge in the same credit card and i said it was already charged to my card and she argued with me saying it was only preauthorized NOT charged and i showed her it was actually charged to my card when i checked in and she continued to argue with me so i just left and hoped i didn't get charged again.

Best valued for your money. Really good with you have a car.
    • Double Suite - Non-Smoking

It is way from the city, but for the price and if you have a car totally recommended

Really good breakfast. The room also good. Very very good place for the price.

Good place to stay in QC and excellent breakfast!
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed

My car was parked outside in the inn parking lot and someone left a dent and scratch on my car (no way to know who it was). The parking lots were too narrow. Carpets inside the hotel could be cleaner.

I loved the breakfast - it was worth getting up early. The staff was friendly. Facility was great - well spaced and clean though carpet and decor were a little outdated but well maintained. I will return next time!

Good Value, Convenient Location
    • Double Suite - Non-Smoking

The facilities are due for an upgrade. It looks a little dated. The lobby area especially needs an upgrade. First impression of the facility was just ok at best, but once settled in it was a nice value facility. There was no exercise room.

The staff, especially the breakfast area, was very good. The breakfast staff did a very good job keeping the area clean and well stocked. Our room was a suite which was an excellent value for the price we paid. The location had plenty of eating options nearby and was a short, convenient drive to downtown Quebec City.

Perfect Location if you have your own car
    • Double Suite - Non-Smoking

if you have a car - it becomes a lot easier and quicker to commute to the city. The location anyways has malls at walking distance. City is too beautiful.

Outside the centre - perfect!
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed

Breakfast was so-so, with plastic cutlery! Bad. Coffee was good, though.

Rooms were suites and were amazingly big. Like a small apartment. Loved it. We picked this place OUTSIDE of the city centre in order to stay away from traffic and parking issues. Took a cab to Old Quebec City in 15 minutes - perfect. Staff at the front desk were wonderful.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Thé breakfast was very good and the bed was confortable

Thé breakfast was very good and the bed was confortable

the best
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

could be served a little longer

Great stay, we’ll be back!
    • Family Suite - Non-Smoking

Room was spacious, beds were comfy, location was perfect. Near the mall, restaurants and a short drive from main attractions. Breakfast was good too.

• One-Bedroom Suite with King Bed - Non-Smoking

Room carpet was very old and stained all over

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

breakfast and workers nice
    • One-Bedroom Suite with King Bed - Non-Smoking

carpet is dirty and smelly need to replace

breakfast and workers nice

It’s location
    • One-Bedroom Suite with King Bed - Non-Smoking

The carpet was full of stains, very old and looks dirty and the whole place needs updating

It’s location

V good location and family atmosphere.
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Should have a swimming pool to keep kids busy

V good location and family atmosphere. Breakfast was excellent

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

The room was very big with a living room + bedroom.
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

It was far from downtown and they did not properly clean the room after renovations.

The room was very big with a living room + bedroom.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

location was great

breakfast

location was great

Should be better next time.
    • One-Bedroom Suite with King Bed - Non-Smoking

Was in renovation/construction which was badly needed.

Near highway

Good value for the money.
    • Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Good value for the money. Not far from downtown but I do not recommend staying here without a car.

The heating .

The heating ... took us 2 days to get a 23C in the room

We enjoyed our stay!
    • Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Rooms were comfortable and clean. There was everything we needed to stay as a family with kids. Staff was very nice and helpful.

Good for the money
    • One-Bedroom Suite with King Bed - Non-Smoking

Too old Breakfast is not so great

Location Price

Friendly staff nice room

Friendly staff nice room

Everything was very good, except for the mattress.
    • One-Bedroom Suite with King Bed - Non-Smoking

The mattress was damaged not at all comfortable

Very cheap and outdated hotel. Definitely, not really kids/family oriented. There's better options!
    • Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Actually, I like nothing in this hotel. Especially, dead bedbug on my bed.

Free parking.. and this is it !

Bad

• One-Bedroom Suite with King Bed - Non-Smoking

The carpet is old, towers have old smell but staff was very nice.

I needed a good night sleep and I got what I wanted.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Hotel and room facilities are correct but absolutely basic.

Convenient, easy access, met my needs on this particular occasion.

I will not stay there again
    • Double Suite - Non-Smoking

It was old and dirty! A few members of the staff didn't speak English

Nice large suite with comfortable new.
    • King Suite - Smoking

Nice large suite with comfortable new.

My dog loved the big room!
    • One-Bedroom Suite with King Bed - Non-Smoking

My dog loved the big room!!

The carpet was not clean.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The carpet was not clean... It was really dirty

Quebec visit

Smoking room

pillows are too soft

pillows are too soft

Less items in breakfast

Less items in breakfast

recomend

Sofa bed

Don't remember seeing green tea. Sofa bed was horrible better to have a single bed than that. Other than this the stay was excelent.

Im happy i booked it with Quality Suite
    • One-Bedroom Suite with King Bed - Non-Smoking

The AC is not quite strong.

The location is off the highway, the food is quite good and i like the room as well.

Spacious and quiet
    • One-Bedroom Suite with King Bed - Non-Smoking

No microwave. Needed another blanket and didn't have any anywhere in the whole hotel.

Mic, large room. Quiet.

The non-smoking rooms reaked of smoke.
    • Double Suite - Non-Smoking

The non-smoking rooms reaked of smoke. The first room they gave us was disgusting. There were huge stains everywhere and everything was shabby.

Super
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed

Breakfast Room a bit too small

Nice Rooms , Amazing staff , bus station and shopping center close by.

Strong cigar and mold smell through the entire building.
    • Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Strong cigar and mold smell through the entire building.

Overall it was good
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed

The hotel need to be renovate it's old

The comfort of the King bed.

Large suite and very comfortable

Large suite and very comfortable

Good value.
    • One-Bedroom Suite with King Bed - Non-Smoking

Shuttle to downtown core.

Huge room.