Reviews of Quality Suites Whitby 3 stars

1700 Champlain Avenue, L1N 6A7 Whitby, Canada

#4 of 6 hotels in Whitby

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Check in clerk wasn't friendly at all. Our room had no hot water to be able to shower and the check out clerk didn't seem to care when I told them about we had no hot water.

Great location, easy to find.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The staff was very unhelpful and people were waiting for a long period of time. There wasn’t enough staff and no one at the front desk for 30 minutes. There was over charges on some people’s accounts, room keys not working.... I changed my reservation dates and they didn’t have the changes and didn’t want to accommodate me until I paid for a second time. I wouldn’t recommend this place ever

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

We did not realise it was pet friendly, someone in another room obviously had a large dog that kept barking, luckily not through the night though. When the dog barked the owner would call to it to be quiet! On this basis alone we would not stay at this hotel again and will be more careful when selecting future hotels.

It was a clean comfortable basic room which is what we expected for the amount we paid.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Tvs were small. I would for sure like a bigger tv. Extra blankets and pillows in the room would be nice. Coffee wasn't bad but could be improved. Other than that I can't really complain it met our needs.

Great friendly staff. Clean rooms and decent breakfast. Location was great. I would stay here again.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The curtains in the room very dirty, we can see the dust on. At the breakfast, the staff put the chairs on the table at 8:45 when customers are eating.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Older hotel. The rug in our room was very dirty and/or stained in more than 1 area and rooms were very very small with 2 double beds. It was quite dated. Bed was like sleeping on a wood box, comforter was an old-fashioned polyester material and was not comfortable at all. It did not suit the needs of a family of 4. Hallways were not well-lit, felt very gloomy. To top it all off, I paid more for a room here than I did at a higher-ranking hotel 12mins away. I would not recommend this hotel at all. I would have even spent a little more for extra room and more comfort and better quality.

Convenient location however, older hotel.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Bed was okay....pillows terrible. Eggs were like sawdust and sausage just as bad. No friendly staff, only those going thru the motions.

What croissants? One of the worst hotel breakfasts in a long time. HVAC was super noisy.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The breakfast was ok. I hoping for a little more selection. Our room was very clean, the mattress was very hard and pillows were tiny. Overall regardless a good stay! We would return again.

the rooms were clean and just what you would expect for the vAlue. Having a wonderful staff at the front desk was awesome!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I have stayed here before on the first floor and everything was lovely. This time I stayed on the third floor and the halls smelled of smoke. The air quality in the room was poor as well.

The staff were very friendly

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

It’s time for the hotel to renovate. Rooms are dated and starting to show their age. Stained carpets, lumpy tub (taking a shower felt like I was standing on stones) and heat consistently not turning on. I had to have front desk flip breaker twice in order to have heat.

Spacious rooms. I like that the suites have a separate sleeping and sitting area.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The room was spacious enough. I would suggest that the bed sheets get changed a little often. Breakfast was great. I also like the fact that there is a work out room. Most of the staff had a smile on their faces.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Bug on my bed. Had to pay with credit card used for booking. Couldn't leave a deposit and pay cash. My credit card was maxed out. And they couldn't do anything about it

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Found a beer bottle cap in the pull out bed. This was totally not a big deal but I had to find something to put in the “what I didn’t like” box. Otherwise there was nothing I didn’t like.

Staff overly friendly and extremely accommodating. A much better experience than I could have hoped for!

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The furnishings were very old and shabby -- almost like they put the old furniture in the rooms where pets stay. Sitting on the chair was almost like sitting on the floor. There was plates and cutlery, however no real mugs -- just takeout type cups. No plastic cups in the bathroom -- had to use the coffee cups.

The bed was comfy, and the kitchenette was functional. Very good breakfast. Very nice lobby and breakfast room.

• Deluxe King Suite - Non-Smoking

Hot breakfast was not great as offered scambled eggs only and make your own waffles. No herbal tea selection. No accountability from front desk to stop all the kids from racing up and down the halls. Parking filled quickly at front and had to park way at the back and as a woman not comfortable doing that at 10:30 pm.

Suite was last of 3 rooms available but comfortable.

• King Suite with Extra Bed

The hotel had a disgusting smell across all of the rooms of sweat and cigarettes and other disgusting things. Kids kept running around and screaming all night and the security guard only cared about flirting with the front desk girl. The room I booked was not what I put on the site, and when I got there it looked like somebody was living in the room already because the room was a wreck and not cleaned. Then I was charged more for the upgrade to another room. Not a place I would recommend, even to my worst enemy.

Pillows were nice. Showers are spacious

• King Suite with Extra Bed

Stains on the carpet in my room. Toilet seat was lose. There was someone else hair in and around the washroom sink. Toilet wasn’t fully cleaned. I cleaned it my self

Front desk staff

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The front desk staff was not very friendly. She did not make eye contact with us once, did not appear warm and inviting. The price seemed a bit high for a 3 star hotel.

The room was very clean, bed nice and big. No smelly odours. It was just like the photos on the site. The breakfast - not that great but that is ok for me as I was not expecting more. The staff member who checked us out the next day was very friendly, she was also in the breakfast room, very helpful and pleasant.

• Deluxe King Suite - Non-Smoking

I found the bed to be very hard for me at least. My mom didn't seem to mind. I wish the breakfast would have been open a little longer.

The breakfast was wonderful, fresh fruit, cereal, waffles and more. The room we stayed in had an on-suite bathroom with double entrances as well as a sitting room. We loved the layout.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The room was very old and tired and needs some attention. TV in the sitting are was tough to watch. The picture quality was not clear - very snowy and cloudy - it was analogue not digital signal (made it tough to watch the World Series game - couldn't see the ball)

The suite was nice & roomy. Having a fridge - microwave & a bar sink was a great feature. Having two TVs in the room was awesome.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

There was a quite an odour in the hallways on the 3rd floor. Smelled like some one was smoking heavily and then they tried to cover it up. Terrible :( Thankfully the room was not so smelly. We didn't notice when we went to bed that the alarm was set to go off at 5 am - our plan was to sleep in.

The speedy elevator made me smile :)

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Check in could have been better. The woman working the front desk was more interested in finishing he shift than making sure our rooms were ready. The carpeting in the rooms and hallways looked tired and needs replacing.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Had not realised that facility was so far from public transport and restaurants without any shuttle service. Footpaths nearby were unsatisfactory for walking.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

broadloom in hallways needs upgrading as well as the sink in our room. We were located very far away from the elevator and having a heart condition it was far for me to walk. Not their fault, but an elevator closer would have helped

the location was great and the staff were very nice

• Deluxe King Suite - Non-Smoking

There was a strong cigarette smell despite it was non smoking room. It was clean. But for example the carlet un the hallway had stain in it. Countertop in bathroom had stain. Stain that probably want be washed off but overall it just make it seem less clean. Wouldnt want to hace adults sleeping on sofa bed since matress wasnt comfy...but i have never seen a comfortable sofa bed :-/

Really good warm breakfast, with waffles, eggs, bacon. Staff was accomodating. It was past bed time for the kids and they quickly found and delivered a crib to our room despite the fact we didnt advise them before. Location is awesome. Many restaurants around

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

We booked a smoking room as my husband and I are both smokers but it is definitely a smoking room. You can smell it coming down the hall. There are burn holes in the rugs and stains on the counter tops in the bath. It is unfortunate that people take advantage of the smoking rooms when there are so few hotels that still offer them.

Access to amenities, restaurants, and the 401.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The carpets were badly stained. There was threads, lint or something left on the floor, so I wondered how well the carpet was vacuumed and as a result the entire suite. I would not walk on the carpet barefoot. The furnishings were from the 1990's and the TV channels were analog. Way too much money for substandard "quality"

• Deluxe King Suite - Non-Smoking

The bed was not as comfortable as others however I really like a soft bed while my partner doesn't

They have a very good breakfast which is free with booking We have stayed here every time we go to Oshawa

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The breakfast staff were downright rude and did not provide the basic things necessary to serve breakfast. No spray for the waffle maker. (Hid it in a drawer and the front desk manager had to get it for the guests and as soon as he left the staff removed it again. Waffle maker was not clean. Cups were barely existent. Finding butter or even Marg was a chore. No milk for the coffee and tea. Front desk was good but the kitchen staff growled and frowned when they were asked anything. Was expecting to be able to access local transit easily as the go train is right across the highway, but there is no easy connection and you must drive and find parking to use the go train. Expected to be able to park my car and be able to get around. This is not the case.

The room was fine. Bed was comfortable etc

All was good

Everything was as according to the description. For breakfast I would have liked some fruits but otherwise all was good. I appreciate that they accomodate me having my dog with us.

• Deluxe King Suite - Non-Smoking

The staff was great and have stayed there several times however the building is starting to age and cleanliness is not what it used to be. Hallway is stained and wallpaper is coming up in places. The room was sufficient for a nights stay but it's the little thing's that add up. The curved shower curtain was rusty for example. Time to spend resources on correction of these issues and would be a great hotel again.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Booking.com did not forward our on-line reservation to Quality Suites. When we arrived they had no reservation made for us. Luckily they were able to accommodate us. Won't use you again.

No dislikes, all good.

The room was clean, quiet and comfortable. We enjoyed the breakfast which was included. It is close to the GoStation which is how we travelled to Ontario Place for a concert.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The pillows are too small. The pillows were a good size for a very young child maybe. We asked for more pillows and none came and no call came to tell us. My wife and I both could have slept better with proper pillows and an extra pillow or two if we ask.

The breakfast was delicious and had a good variety of choices.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Air conditioner was very noisy. Didn't have time for breakfast and didn't see anything (fruit) to take on the go.

Comfortable enough for a place to sleep and fairly inexpensive.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

There were bugs in the room possibly bed bugs. The hallway and room had a really bad smell. For the money that i paid it was not worth it at all.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Better signage for entrance. Just a bit of info of near by stuff also every was highway and service roads but there was a lot of construction so thing were kinda slow a lot of the time.

More or less it was just OK, which was all I wanted. except the entrance off the service road wasn't well defined.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room smelled absolutely awful, as it seemed as though the carpet had just been cleaned (it was still very wet, and we had to keep our shoes on). Overwhelming odor of mildew throughout the room, and urine in the bathroom. Corner room and people running up and downstairs kept us up both nights. Staff were not the least bit friendly. Breakfast was very poor: no orange juice, sausages and bacon dripping with grease, eggs dry, and milk room temperature.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Only two things people who park at the entrance to unload not good because then another car can't drive thru to parking, we came back from the wedding and there were two other cars in front of us and one in back blocking the fact that we could have drove around on opposite side of the building. Of course the hotel can't control that. A sign perhaps "no stopping unload bags from parking area" The other replace toasters they don't pop up.

My husband , myself and two sons came for a wedding we found the accommodation to be just fine. The staff were all nice super friendly making our stay most special. The beds were very comfy plus the hotel was very quiet sometimes hotels can be noisy at night this one amazingly quiet. The breakfast was plentiful and good.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

there were little black flies coming from the sink in our room and ants on the bedtable. We counted three or four of them. We wouldn't stay here again!

The breakfast was satisfactory and the hotel was in close proximity to the 407 highway which we wanted to take the next day.

• Deluxe King Suite - Non-Smoking

While the room was non-smoking, and fine, the hallway from the elevator to the room reeked of stale cigarette smoke. In the bathroom, the bar on which the shower curtain was mounted had rust on it.

The suite was spacious and well furnished; air conditioning was accurate and responsive; amenities inside the room (frig., microwave) were in good working order. The breakfast was excellent, and provided options to please everyone - toast, bagels, donuts, cereal, waffle maker, yogurt, eggs, sausage, fresh fruit, etc.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The area in front of the elevator on the top floor had a strange smell (smoke, exhaust?). It was more pronounced in the morning and not a big deal just a bit of a spoiler.

The staff was friendly. Room was spacious, bed comfortable. Housekeeping was excellent. Good selection for breakfast including a variety of hot savory items, fresh made to order waffles and fresh fruit.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

• Deluxe King Suite - Non-Smoking

Included breakfast was great. King suite was spacious yet homey. Very comfortable mattress. Could hear the highway a bit, but nothing that was overly concerning.

• King Suite with Extra Bed

The breakfast wasn't the greatest, not a big selection, just okay. We were in town for a funeral so maybe our mood wasn't as receptive as it might have been.

Beds were very comfortable - nice spacious room for 2 friends travelling who like our own space. Very clean. Great location. Easy to get to. I would definitely recommend it to friends and would for sure stay there again myself.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

the front desk lady was rude. she also seems surprised that a family of 5 (with 3 adults) may need two rooms, rather than one. took several tries to explain this to her. by the way, I had already booked the rooms in advance. We got the rooms as far from each other as possible. There were no adjacent rooms or even rooms on the same stretch of the hallway. Again, I had already made the reservation ahead of time, at least a week or more. A TV remote in one of the rooms was missing. Took several attempts to explain this to the receptionist. Eventually someone brought up another remote. Part of this remote were missing and taped with a black duct tape. The remote was brought up to the wrong room. Despite me repeating several times which one of our 2 rooms actually needed it. The light bulb on the desk in the same room was burnt out. I didn't even bother asking to change it. Did not want to go through the same exercise as with the remote. The AC in the room was so loud, no-one got any sleep. The celling tiles had signs of water leakage from the floor above. The bath tub had rust stains on it. Coffee in the reception are was cold no matter when I checked, morning, day or night. overall, not great. won't be staying again.

location was good for our purpose of visiting UOIT in Oshawa. Breakfast staff was friendly and helpful.

• Deluxe King Suite - Non-Smoking

Requested non-smoking room. This room was on a smoking floor. Horrible once you opened the door. Smoking and non-smoking in my opinion shouldn't be on the same floor. Bathroom sink was slow draining. Breakfast was not all that great. We went out for breakfast the second morning.

Spacious enough. Like the fact that there was a a small kitchenette.

• King Suite with Extra Bed

Just a little thing was we couldn't open he water in the shower, it was just too tight. But no problem

We liked everything was there especially the room.it was Very comfortable and clean. And the breakfast was very good. Thanks

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Breakfast was adequate but repetitive. Could have had more protein choices like boiled eggs, eggs prepared differently and bacon offered more often. Also there were no hot cereals. No variety in topping choices for waffles (strawberries or other fruit topping and whipped cream would have been a nice touch).

Staff were friendly and helpful. Room near back is best choice due to Hwy 401 traffic noise.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Didn't see info on how to control the heating system - might have been there - didn't actually look very hard. Found the fan coming on and off a bit noisy though the night - though not enough that we didn't sleep.

Staff were helpful and pleasant. Room was fine, exactly like it was described- had requested no stairs and was on the first floor which was great. The location is great close to the highway, restaurants, shopping. The room was very clean, the bed very comfortable and everything you could want was there. Breakfast was well laid out, lots of choice, coffee was good. Staff very helpful in that area. Very clean and well maintained.

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

• Deluxe King Suite - Non-Smoking

- front desk staff is efficient but not very welcoming - should have a handicap door opener on the inside door going to the hallway

- beautiful suite with very comfy bed - good breakfast with lots of choices -excellent location -near a variety of food outlets

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Breakfast wasn't great. Eggs almost seemed like powdered eggs. Apples were aweful. Juices were watered down. TV reception was poor on many channels.

Room was clean/quiet. Check in/out was quick. We had a room away from the highway so it was quiet. Free WIFI always good. Staff was good.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Staff rude ..invited us to leave..due to expressing unhappiness with a staff member misinforming us...cleaning staff wanted us to leave so she could clean our room and she did not have to wait around to clean the room. We left..and when returned coffee maker had not been cleaned and tea bags not replaced. Could not turn nob in tub to get water for a shower..felt like it was welded off...staff had to come to assist and struggled to get the nob to turn...after awhile...heard a thump..and water was flowing...nob was turned too tight Carpets on floors very dirty Double bed rooms are very small with no closet...my daughter and self continually bumped into each other.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

This was one of the best stays I have ever had. Everything at this hotel was great, beds were very comfortable, continental breakfast was great and the staff were amazing. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. 😊

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

• King Suite with Extra Bed

no table, desk or chairs. Hard to use computer with nothing to put it on. Chesterfield and chair older but comfortable. Couldn't open bath faucet and then was unable to completely shut it off. Also bathroom sink had no hot water

the staff was very friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The woman at checking was efficient but could have been more welcoming and friendly. I was in a room facing the highway and I found it somewhat noisy.

Very comfy bed. Great breakfast. Good location of the highway and near many dining options.

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

• Deluxe King Suite - Non-Smoking

Pillows offer no support, no substance. Sheets and towels made me itchy.

When I travel I always book hotel that recycles and with a microwave and refrigerator in it - the reasonsI booked with you for my medical appointment i. Whitby, Ontario. Love having windows that open, even in January.

• Reviewed: 14 January 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Good location by the highway, good breakfast with eggs and meat patties, yogurt, and waffles and fresh fruit. Coffee available all the time and good vibe. It was a good experience.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

carpets were filthy - did not want to walk on them in my bare feet. key cards had to be replaced every single time you left the room. Exit doors not motion activated so struggle to get in and out with luggage, front steps are uneven?? (something wrong, not sure what, but felt unsafe). Rooms very cramped. Hole in the bed duvet.

bed was comfortable

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

staff were extremely friendly...I had a spider in my bathroom, and asked if someone could come and kill it, the girl at the desk came right up and killed it, even though she was as afraid as I was. She was my hero. :)

• Reviewed: 17 November 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The bed was a little hard not and good as our last stay,where we had an ensuite unit

Really liked the continental breakfast lots of variety for my family and very filling for and leisure vacation of lots of travelling and walking. It set our day up great

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

usually I stay in the suites here - and they're great. This time I was travelling with an elderly parent and got a double room (two beds). Room was just way too small. Could barely use her walker. First time I was disappointed.

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The eggs at breakfast were cold and little flavour.

The beds were comfy and it was nice having a bedroom and sitting area that was separate and we could close the door.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The powdered eggs still full of powder on the Saturday rug in carpet full of stains very uncomfortable beds and the saturday morning told front desk toilet wouldn't flush properly they said used public washroom as there was no one their to fix it

The staff at check in only

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Although it was supposed to be a non smoking room, the pillows did smell which wasn't very pleasant. Breakfast just OK.

Large rooms, extremely comfortable beds, location.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Quality Suites is A-OK but booking.com is not. When we arrived there was no reservations for us. It a good thing that I have printed a copy of confirmation. The hotel was very good to us. No booking.com for us.

Everything at the motel. Good location. Friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

• Deluxe King Suite - Non-Smoking

Breakfast on weekdays ends at 9am which seems early if you are on vacation.

Suite was well laid out and felt like lots of space. Staff were friendly and efficient.

• Deluxe King Suite - Non-Smoking

Did not like the breakfast too much but it did have a good selection of foods.

The room was great. Comfortable bed, lots of space, clean and tastefully arranged.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

the only thing I would say is that I was not told that the total of the bill was not including the tax.

I luved the pillows, they were amazing to sleep on. the room was very clean. I would go back again for sure

• Reviewed: 26 August 2016

• King Suite with Extra Bed

Powdered eggs were just edible.

Easy access to the highway, GOtrain, restaurants. Lots of breakfast options - waffles were extra cool!! Room with king bed, double bed and pull out couch allowed us to stay together in one room comfortably.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Clearly didn't clean under the beds. My puppy pulled out an old Harvey's bag with old food in it, and an empty lotion bottle from under the bed.

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

One of the best hotels we stayed during our trip. The rooms/suites were huge and very well equipped. Breakfast was delicious (bagels, muffins, waffles, yoghurt, fruit, eggs, cereals...) though only served until 9.30 a.m. - make sure to set you alarm :)

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Decor in rooms wasn't the most up to date, but cleanliness more than made up for that. Hallway windows/doors could have been a bit cleaner (smudgy). Noticed squeak when turning in King bed but was still very comfortable.

Room (especially the bathroom) was very clean which is the most important criteria for me. I always notice small cleaning details if overlooked, but didn't find any here.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

• Deluxe King Suite - Non-Smoking

Sausages at breakfast were pale and greasy

Size of room Free wifi Breakfast included with 2 waffle machines Proximity to 401 3rd time staying there

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

• Deluxe King Suite - Non-Smoking

The bed was not comfortable at all. A pillow topper would have been very appreciated.

The suite was beautiful and perfect layout. Very clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 7 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Breakfast good, would have appreciated a few more healthful options , i.e. oatmeal porridge without sugar, brown bread,

customer orientation, helpful, value