Reviews of Hotel Quartier Latin 2 stars

1763 St. Denis, H2X 3K4 Montréal, Canada

#107 of 134 hotels in Montréal

6.1

• Budget Single Room

I liked that there are so many restaurants on the same street as the hotel and the location is very convenient. The staff was very nice and the room was clean and comfortable.

• Standard Queen Room

No airconditon inside rooms.

Located in the heart of Montreal. Friendly staff specially the old man, stationed at the breakfast room. He was very helpful and accommodating.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

What i like is that for me coming for the formula one weekend it's very close to subway station...and only one train to the race track.

Close to eateries....and area is buzzing in the afternoon.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

It's a little dated, but everything was clean, and for the price and location, you can't beat it. If you're looking to spend the day in your hotel, maybe not the most luxurious.

The location and the price is by far the biggest benefit. We were just looking for a place to shower and sleep, and it was clean with a nice desk staff. Oh, did I mention the great price ?

• Standard Queen Room

There was no air conditioning in the rooms which is a huge must. Also the towels were extremely over used and old and there were stains on the bedding.

The staff were great and the location was great as well. The price was also good but definitely would expect AC.

Everything was fine.

Breakfast was fresh and good. The beds were comfortable. Overall a very comfortable stay. The staff was friendly and very helpful.

• Standard Queen Room

The place is a little rundown but the fundamental things worked. Walls to the neighbouring rooms are thin and there is also a lot of noise generated by the outside bars and restaurants. People should be aware of that.

The hotel is in a good location - This is the main advantage. Lots of bars and restaurants in the street and in proximity to Metro station. I would mark the strip-club next door as neutral since it depends on the travellers preferences, I guess.

• Standard Queen Room

I smell cigarette all the time and they don’t have elevator so if you get 4th floor like me, you should carry your baggage and go up.

Not very expensive and all staffs are kind.

• Budget Single Room

Everything was according to what I expected.

The locations was amazing. People at the hotel were friendly and helpful. Continental breakfast was just fine. The room was nice and quiet.

• Standard Queen Room

The evening staff who identified himself as Sam was rude and arrogant. I had booked a room with two beds but I only checked in alone. He instantly told me to not use the other bed. I didn’t plan to anyway but it was rude for him to tell me so. I think the hotel would do well to train this staff the proper way to talk to clients.

The location is very good.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

-no elevator -breakfast room very small and simple, with a staff member sitting there the whole time watching you while you have breakfast which felt slightly off-putting

-very good location, close to Metro station, many restaurants, stores and bars -big, comfortable room and bathroom -clean

• Budget Single Room

The comfort and location of the hotel exceeded my expectations. Very reasonable price and great quality. I wish to find the same place in Toronto or New York, but it's a dream. Thank you!

• Budget Single Room

The towels are like dish rags and the carpet was so gross that I kept my shoes on the whole time.

Location is awesome so I spent most of my time outside.

• Standard Queen Room

It smells of cigarettes and the carpets are old and kind of sticky.

Great price and great location. My interior room was very quiet and comfortable. Free breakfast.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The staff were extremely rude.This happened last time as well. The room was dirty and the furniture was terrible. The end table didn't even balance. The chairs had holes in them. There is no self-adjusting thermostat. Breakfast was poor. There was no yogourt or even hard-boiled eggs.

The room was quiet. The TV was good.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Only two issues, no elevators. Not a major issue just a warning. 2nd issue, as a tourist the parking location was extremely hard to locate..... now it probably didnt help that it was night time, snowing, and we had ZERO cell service to use gps. But ilthats not the hotels fault either.

The property was about what youd expect for the price point!

• Standard Queen Room

There was a bed bug in our bed!!!!!! Unacceptable!!!!! The heat was not working, we were freezing. The breakfast just had muffins and diluted orange juice. We were not offered any sort of compensation, the staff barely spoke French and didn’t seem to care about the bed bug. Would not recommend.

The location is great

• Budget Single Room

Centralised heating system so you can't adjust the temperature to suite your preference. Lack of varieties in their complimentary breakfast.

It's an affordable option when working with a strict budget. I really enjoyed their cup cakes.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The hotel was located in the perfect place, close to the subway and airport bus, was walking distance from veux port and notre dame basílica. People was so kind and the place very clean and comfortable. The price was really great as well 😁

• Standard Queen Room

Stuff wasnt just rude but pleasantly unpleasant. showed no desire to help, customer service isn’t something they know... I’ve worked in the business and I know the standards but this hotel I would not even recommend to my worst enemy!

Absolutely nothing

• Standard Queen Room

The parking was expensive and horrible. It did not look clean and safe. It was next to a gentlemen's club. They NEVER cleaned or restocked my room on my 9 night stay. I had to do everything and restock myself. Curtain rods were taped together, pissy shower curtain with stains, rips and holes in sheets and blankets, room often cold or too hot no temp control, took a COLD shower 3 days in a row, refused to change my room, my room looked like where hookers do their business, no security, fell on slippery outdoor stairs, dangerous and unclean front entry, stains on room carpet, dusty and dirty room horrible for allergies, no disability access-elevator, tiny rooms w/No view, very loud and old bathroom vent, stains of liquids on walls, dents in walls, dusty room-not dusted in at least months, no guess down stairs lounge area outside couch by front desk, NoN-Smoking room smelt like both cigarette smoke and WEED the entire time...miserable for breathing, especially at night. So much ragedy and dirty property. Loud stairs and hallways, loud walking and thumps above my head often. Great for broke college kids and budget friendly couples/singles. The hardest towels, ever. No box of tissues had to use toilet tissue for nose, etc.

It was in walking distance to a very nice and fun area; restaurants, metro and bars.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Carpets are a bit old and smell...

Great location and friendly helpful attendant. Breakfast room is small and basic but you can take a tray to the bedroom.

• Standard Queen Room

Coooooold water. Couldn’t even shower or take a bath. No bathtub stopper and bad water pressure

Soft bed. Small but cozy room. You get your money’s worth

• Standard Queen Room

The hotel was locked after midnight so I needed to wait outside about 20min until the front desk' employee appear to open the door. The rooms don't have any kind of soundproof insulation...

Only the location

• Budget Single Room

Booking was OK but the receptionist was a bit rude, seamed unhappy he had to finished his phone call to do my check-in, next day it was a bit grouse to wake up with a heavy marihuana smell, I guess the property doesn't enforce the no smoking policy, other than that great value for money!

Location is perfect, close to all the action, that is probably what makes the property really great!

• Budget Single Room

The only down mark I give it is the mattress, a bit stiff made of springs! but you get used to it!

The location is in the heart of Montreal. The metro station is a minute walk by going down St-Denis street that has all kind of shops, restaurants, pubs, cinema...etc. the staff is lovely and welcoming. The room is quite big for a single person.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The croissants were very good and the staff (kitchen & housekeeping) were excellent. The thing I didn’t like was somebody was smoking weeds I smelled it on the floor.

• Budget Single Room

No WiFi and even though I notified them 24 hours in advance to shorten my stay for a day, they refused to give me any refund.

WIFI was not working from my room. I traveled on business and without WiFi I had to convert my phone into a hot spot to be able to do my work, and this cost me extra money!

• Standard Queen Room

If you are looking for fancy, look elsewhere...but the location is actually great and the staff were just fine

The property was fine..very basic but fine, especially for a single person

• Standard Queen Room

The room was a little run down. There were small patches of painting falling from the walls. And the breakfast was quite disappointing, not worth it the extra money. Other than that, the bed was comfortable and the room had enough space to even work there.

The price of the hotel is great. It is a very affordable option for a decent room in a decent hotel. The location is the best aspect of this hotel. Located near two metro stations and quite near downtown it makes moving around quite easy.

• Standard Queen Room

There is nothing to like there. No hygiene. The room was rotten with foul smell, dirty floor, dirty bed, very dirty sheets, blankets, extremely dirty bathroom walls and shower curtains and hearing was not working. Didn't even bother trying breakfast from there even though it was complimentary

Internet

• Standard Queen Room

Housekeeping wasn't the best. The hotel feels like a motel. The bed and breakfast isn't the best either. Was'nt to bad but I wouldn't come back.

Some of the staff were nice. The location are saturated with food places and bars. Train was close.

• Standard Queen Room

- Room was very very dirty (and I am not difficult), I did not expect a **** but this was really disgusting. Dust behind the bed. Toilet dirty. mattress needs to be changed. - Wifi: keeps being disconnected. - Room telephone: makes a grinding noise - Upon arrival: room was over-heated, then during the night it got really cold. They put the AC so high as if it was July under -35c - The receptionist (John) put my suitcase in the luggage room. When I left he gave me someone else's suitcase, same colour. I only realized that when I got home. They blamed me (I accept that). I was too tired to notice that it was not my suitcase but they refused to share the blame. I had to go back to the hotel (2 hours away) to get my suitcase. DO NOT BOOK AT THAT HOTEL AT ANY COST.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

If the lighting and bedspreads in the room were improved the room would look much better and get a higher rating. For breakfast fruit should also be offered.

The Latin Quarter area was fun. There were many nice bars and cafes and restaurants. The North Face sports store across the street is also very good. The metro station is close and staff at the front desk were very nice. I would not choose this room for a romantic stay but it is very adequate for a person on a budget.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

It was a HORRIBLE stay. I was sorry for my family cuz I made the reservation. Rooms nasty, shower curtain was full of mold, stains everywhere in the bath tub, even room lamps were bent and cracked. Like,,,, how did they miss these? We had to leave the hotel by 7, but the breakfast was not ready till 9. What kind of service is that??? 9???

I won't lie, one thing good about the hotel is the area. Many food around, there's a mall as well

• Standard Queen Room

The room was a bit cramped, the bathroom door opened right against the side of the bed. There wasn't much lighting in the room so it felt very dim. There were some exposed wires on the ceiling where I think a light fixture or smoke detector used to be.

Great value for a brief one night stay. The room had all of the essentials: towels and toiletries, free wifi.

• Standard Queen Room

Small room. Very uncomfortable bed (bed can easily tip over). Lights were dim. Had to photocopy my passport and credit card, which was weird.

Location was great. Fast internet.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

We were on the 4th floor and we had to carry our luggage up 4 flights of stairs. No elevator. I am an late middle aged person with high blood pressure. This was very difficult for me.

• Standard Queen Room

The breakfast is a "Continental breakfast" with just coffe, tea of orange juice to drink, croissant or muffins to eat. The room could be cleaner, and the shower seems to never been cleaned and spreads water all over the place.

The hotel has a great location, near a lot of restaurants, bars and metro stations. The room comfort is a match for the price, so nothing outstanding, with an ok bed, mini-fridge and a good TV with a lot of channels. Another positive point is the silence of the room I stayed, since it is located in the Quartier of Spectacles, the surroundings are almost 24h alive.

no complaints.

a modest comfortable place for a short stay in montreal .good location, close to the metro and lots of places to eat and shop . staff were helpful and there was always someone available .

• Budget Single Room

Staff were quite unwelcoming and glum, especially reception.

The location in the Latin Quarter was excellent. This is a great area of Montreal great atmosphere.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The place is old and not well-maintained sadly.

The location is perfect, right in the middle of good restaurants. Subway station is 3 minute walk from the hotel.

• Standard Queen Room

The rooms were a little humid, but we were able to crack the window for some air.

The staff were very helpful in answering questions. This was a our first time in Montreal and they made us feel like we had a home base to start our days from.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Located in the student district, so full of young people during the day and drunk older ones at night. It´s quite nice and lively at daytime. Full of cafes, restaurants, bistros. We arrived very late but could find parking slot in the underground garage one street behind the hotel. (15 CAD/day) It took time to drive there and walk back, but easily accessible via the hotel´s back door. (The receptionist forget to mention.) The receptionists were not very friendly, talkative or helpful. Room was ok, silent, with street view and downtown tower buildings in the far. We walked everywhere in the center, only Olympic park and Botanical garden requires transportation (car oe metro). Location was ideal for us. Breakfast was 2-3 days old croissant, tasteless muffin with butter, tea or coffee. Complete disappointment, so second morning we did not even bother to walk down to eat it. One older man sitting there during breakfast and watching you. This tiny kitchen otherwise closed, not possible to make a tea/coffee during the whole day. I did not feel welcome at all.

• Standard Queen Room

Needs a few updates and some fruit would be nice for the continental.

Loved the location and the ease of getting there from the airport. The airport bus drop off is around the block. Great value for money, restaurants and pubs (a variety) on same street, public transport (buses and subway) down the street and the hotel is with in walking distance to everything! No elevator (which is fine just a warning). Staff was helpful and warmed up during our stay.

• Budget Single Room

Very unclean. It smelled. Now I know why. My room had a bug problem. And the "funny smell" was most likely the poison. I have bits all over.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Pillows were too flat. No tissues. No microwave. Should have scented cleaners. Rugs were not clean. Had to switch rooms, smelled bad. No notes to explain to call the desk or police, or anything by the phone. Breakfast was not breakfast, it was cold croissants and the coffee was undrinkable. The taxes were not explained before the booking.

The bed was comfortable, they had WiFi and cable, able to open the the windows. The towels, bedding, and the curtains were fine.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Just the parking spot was little bit far.

Accomodation was really well situated, close to citycentre on frequent street with a lot of students and young people. Parking is little bit far from the hostel, but staff is helpful and able to do compromise. In generall I would recommed this accomodation for trevelers ;)

• Budget Single Room

Breakfast is skimpy, consisting of a croissant and two kinds of muffins, orange juice, tea and coffee. The room was not air-conditioned and there is no elevator.

Great location, staff was courteous, a great value. It's a great 3-star hotel so if you're looking for a five star with all the plush amenities look elsewhere. There is a Starbucks across the street and a McDonald's and Tim Horton within short walking distance from the hotel.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The hotel needs a lot of upgrading. The air conditioning is central and doesn't cool the rooms so it was extremely hot.

It is in a great area of the city. Very close to restaurants and transit.

• Standard Queen Room

Air conditioning was inconsistent.

Excellent location. We parked in nearby garage and walked everywhere in Old Montreal for three days. Very convenient to lots of restaurants yet it was super quiet for sleeping.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Shower curtain needed to be replaced. Sheets were bad and blankets had holes in them. Very dark in the room.

Breakfast was good, fun eating and walking area, good for transportation, easy to get along.

• Standard Queen Room

Very tired establishment. Bedding quite worn. Breakfast was in the basement (no natural light and very little seating. Breakfast consisted of muffins and croissants but these weren't fantastic. After the first morning we chose to eat out wen though breakfast was included in our room price.

Location was great. The area has a real vibe, lots of good places to eat - breakfast, lunch and dinner. Easy to access other parts of the city from there on public transport.

• Budget Single Room

Parking was a bit expensive. I didn't like that there wasn't any control of the air conditioning in the room. Also, it was quite far to get from the hotel to the parking area. Would be good to have a back door...although I think this was eliminated due to construction.

I liked the location. The staff were helpful.

• Budget Single Room

Unpleasant smells through some areas of the hotel (fortunately did not experience any in my room). There isn’t always someone at the front-desk during the day.

Insanely great location. Good value for the price. Free breakfast gets the job done and you can bring it to your room.

• Standard Queen Room

Stale smell, dirty carpets, linen on beds not clean. Stale muffins and coissants were unappealing & unappetizing; breakfast beverages questionable. Since the backlane was under construction we had a long walk to parking garage in the bibliotheque There could be great potential for this property if it was clean and things freshened up abit.

Location was within walking distance of the Old Port. OMPF Festival was on while we were there... Interesting music & street performers right on the street.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The effort made by the front desk to keep the property wholesome and tourist friendly.. The croissants were huge. The festival and student activities in the area, The murals

• Standard Queen Room

It was freezing and no way to regulate the temperature in the room. Toilet was broken and they did not fix it. Smelled terrible. Small room. Not clean. Out of all the staff only one was nice.

Worst hotel ever

• Budget Single Room

Not clean,poor wifi,breakfast was horrible. Staff were unfriendly.owner was a big scammer.

Nothing,the hotel was below than poor.i never ever go there and won't recommend it to anyone.

• Budget Single Room

Room temperature was a small issue. I couldn't get the window open on the first day, and there is no thermostat or room fan. I finally figured out the window on my last day - my bad - but overall, still enjoyed the room.

The accommodations were simple, but clean, well kept, and well managed. The staff were friendly and helpful, and the continental breakfast was perfect for when I needed to log in and work in the mornings.

• Budget Single Room

Great location and great staff. Place is very conveniently located and is close to the bus station. Also lot of metro lines pass nearby and getting to downtown is very easy. But more than all that the staff is just fabulous. Very accommodating and kind. Loved this place because of the staff. Keep up the good work!!

• Budget Single Room

Staff could be more friendly and helpful. Very poor breakfast. You can find better accommodation in this area.

Very, very basic hotel although in excellent location.

• Standard Queen Room

There was really nothing. The room is small but definitely suited our needs.loved

There were númerous choices for food in the area. The subway is very close and walk to various other areas is very manageable. The continental breakfast was more Han adequate, staff was friendly and the place is very clean. Having always stayed more to the west on previous visits to Montreal we were thrilled to find this little gem of a neighbourhood.

• Budget Single Room

The hotel is near the street of bars, the art museum, the shopping mall. It is convenient to go to the landmarks in Montreal by subway. The staff in hotels are kind. Note that the hotel don not provide such things like toothbrush, toothpaste, slippers.

• Standard Queen Room

Front desk staff seems careless about guests comfort. Air conditioner was turned off on the second night. Rooms on the second floor (200s) don't have individual air control, instead there is a thermostat for whole floor in the hall way. Not sure they turned them off to save money or by mistake, either way was very frustrating to sleep in a room (humid Montreal summer night) without air-condiocioner. At was not until 5 AM after "screaming" to the guy in charge for the shift that he turned it on. I left a write complaint about frustration that just got ignored by staff.

Great location. Room was clean and had a private bathroom.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The noise level we could hear from the other room was crazy loud and disruptive

It was located in the best area. The room was nice and cozy which i loved a lot

• Standard Queen Room

We would never return. Dirty neighborhood (no effort by the hotel to clean their outside or improve the setting). The place is shabby (stairway rug is frayed) and I did not enjoy anything about the stay. The main checkin is up one flight - that should have been a clue. No elevator to the second floor. Walls are paper thin. Lighting was bare lightblubs on the wall. Television did not work for over one day. Breakfast? Not really...horrible coffee in a tiny styrofoam cup. Muffins were OK and the croissants were probably OK - did not have any. No fruit, no yogurt - nothing else. It was only served from 8-10 (should have begun much earlier). Thank goodness Starbucks is near, McDonald's and Tim Hortons are close. We paid a hefty price for minimal hotel. Towels are thin and small. Tub was tippy and slippery. Shampoo and soap in paper dispensers. No AC - fan on a pedestal and we opened the window that did not have a screen. DON'T DO IT- THIS HOTEL IS THE WORST WE HAVE EVER STAYED IN!

The location was convenient to the bus terminal for when we got to leave.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Booked a room with two double beds, but given a room with one double bed and one twin size bed. No appology, no money return for the difference.

Location, comfort bed

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room was scary. The bedding was dirty - we used our sleeping bags (we had been camping), the door was not secure so we kept everything of value with us or in the car, we tried the free breakfast once but could not eat it (horrible coffee, hard muffins, and sugar orange drink - not juice) so we ate out, not temp control in the room, the tv did not work, the manager never came to fix it (I asked twice)and if your looking for a weekend drug crash this would be the place as I think the room across the hall was doing just that.

The location is the only reason to stay here - of course you need to look past the strip club next door but it was close to down town Montreal. We walked into Old Montreal and I ran in the mornings up Mont Royal and also into downtown.

• Standard Queen Room

The exterior ...steps up. Broken glass, shabby.

room quiet and bathroom clean. very easy to get to metro/bus to airport about a 5 minute walk. In a busy, lively street. plenty of choice for places to eat. Good for one night/transit to airport

• Standard Queen Room

The breakfast wasn't great but at least they provided something, staff was a bit dismissive.

The location really sells this place, don't expect luxury but it is clean enough and comfy.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The staff is not friendly nor helpful. When I arrived (about 1100pm) and said I had a reservation, the guy said "really - you have a room booked with us? Are you sure?" Before even checking his documents... Be careful people, the parking is not part of the hotel!!! I was specificaly looking for an hotel with parking and Booking.com put this hotel in my list of options. Tried to call the hotek before booking but nobody answered. As it was a last minute booking, I booked online without confirming the info with the hotel. Well the send you to the Library parking which cost about 15$ for the night and is about 5mn walking distance, but with luggage, count a good 10mn especialy if renovation are going on as it was the case for us... The room was in the basement! Dark, carpet with stains, everything looking old... And worst was the smell! It smells likes smoking and when I complained the only thing thwy said is that it is forbidden to smoke in the hotel and he did not BELIEVE me!!! Really!!! And as we were in a basement, there was no way to open the window! TERRIBLE!!! Breakfast is horrible! Only cheap items, not jealth at all! 2 types of muffin, "croissent" coffee, tea and orange juice that taste like water... this is Montreal! Go outside and treat yourself with decent food!

The location is the only positive thing about this place!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I do not even care about the location because there are other hotels around this area. This is not the only one. Smells bad, Staff unfriendly, dirty carpets, no iron, washroom curtain disgusting, and the cheapest quality breakfast. I ate McDonald's breakfast.

I did not like anything about this hotel.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

First night, the room on lobby floor near street ridiculously noisy.

It is located around block from Bus station. We took the airport bus and got off at last stop. The street is lined with restaurants, bars and super ice cream shop. Dipping ice cream into melteded chocolate seeems to a Montreal thing. 20 minute walk to Old Montreal and can catcher a Greyline hop on and off bus around the corner. The hotel is good value, not fancy. Do not get the room downstairs on the street. Super noisy all night and day, but ask for one upstairs (no elevator) and the rooms quiet. Breakfast is basic but, get you started. Rooms clean, but there was a sign in lobby about leaving electronics in room. We were there 4 days and had no problems. St Denis st is a happening place, the street are full. They were setting up for a circus festival in the street. We were there during the Montreal Jazz Festival. St Catherine's St not far. Metro stops are close, but didn't use them. The staff was very nice, called taxi for us, very pleasant to our Spanish speaking friends.

• Budget Single Room

Breakfasts are awful, just cold croissants and cakes, exactly same thing for every days. Receptionists are not friendly, especially the guys in the evening hours, not speak English well. No iron in room (not as advertised on booking.com), just have to borrow an iron from receptionist and have to return immediately. Bed cover is very old, not sure whether it is washed regularly. Cheap soap and shampoo (even no shampoo for my first evening!) No lobby area, just few chairs in front of the reception counter and the receptionists seem unhappy if guests sitting there for long time.

Location is in the center of downtown, easy to reach from the airport (by bus 747)

Browse Hotel Quartier Latin traveller photo gallery