Reviews of Howard Johnson by Wyndham Quebec City 3 stars

7300 boulevard Wilfrid-Hamel Ouest, G2G 1C1 Quebec City, Canada

#79 of 104 hotels in Quebec City

• Comfort Double Room with Two Double Beds - Second Floor

For the price it was exactly what we expected. The bed was great and so was breakfast. Our drives to multiple locations in the city were easy to get to because the hotel is situated near a major highway.

• Comfort King Room - Second Floor

I´M NOT SURE WHY YOU MADE TWO CHARGES ON MY CARDS, 1,290.08 $MX CARD ENDINING 191 AND $ 456.73 CARD ENDING 592, THE ONES DO NOT PROCEDE CAUSE I PAIED IN CASH, SO I HAVE TO WAIT FOR AUTOMATICLY BE SUSPENDED THOSE CHARGES, I HOPE THANK YOU!

YES BREAKFAST EXCELENT! I ENJOYED IT, CATHERINE EXCELENT SUPORT, AND ATENTION

• Comfort Double Room with Two Double Beds - Second Floor

Nothing special. May be the fact that, at 9.30 am, a man entered in our room because he thought that there were no more people and he would clean it... it was a bit surprising (not the good kind of surprise) but hopefully we were awake and just preparing our stuff to fo to the breakfast.

A perfect stay for all of us :). We had everything we needed. We stayed only one night. The breakfast was just amazing ! So many choices... we had a good and healthy meal before going an adventure. And parking was easy too.

• Comfort Double Room with Two Double Beds - Second Floor

I paid with debit so they took $200 deposit out of my bank account. When they returned the $200 they gave me cash. They should have put the $200 back into my bank account or given me the $200 in 20's not 100's. Many places won't accept $100 bills.

• Comfort King Room - Second Floor

Some people don't know how to park properly and took 2 spots. Far from downtown (15 minutes) and it's hard to find parking spots for free in the actual city. Not all rooms have wooden floors. Fridge wasn't working.

Really close to a lot of restaurant. Parking was big enough. Room is clean. Lots of tv channel.

• Comfort Double Room with Two Double Beds - Second Floor

We had two beds in the room, both were incredibly uncomfortable. and hard, plus one of them actually wasn't even level. If you laid on one side, you literally would be rolled down the incline into your partner all night. Beds were awful. The bathroom mirror also had weird stains inside it, and the tub handle was broken off when we got there.

The location is great to get around on the highway easy, and plenty of places to eat nearby easily. It was clean.

• Comfort King Room - Second Floor

Great location and clean! Breakfast in the morning was simple but all you need. Staff was very friendly (we do not speak French) and gave us great advice on places to eat!

• Comfort King Room - Second Floor

One of the front desk staff members was incredibly rude to me.Also, there were no gluten free or lactose free options in the continental breakfast. ( suggestion: cheerios are now gluten free)

The hot tub was great! Very clean and the temp was always monitored

• Comfort Double Room with Two Double Beds - Second Floor

The lady that is in charge of having the breakfast area ready and clean is extremely unfriendly. She storms into the breakfast area with a very bad attitude. Throws plates and cutlery and makes you feel extremely unwelcome. Very bad breakfast experience.

• Comfort Double Room with Two Double Beds - Second Floor

Internet sometimes went off but I didnt have big problema with that.

Very good team.Staff are so friendly The best obrigada I met in my trip to Canada. The bed was Very good. The breakfest is simple but is good enough If you see The price of acommodation. My sincerely thanks to everyone take Care me And my family.

• Business King Room - Ground Floor

Room was not as promised. Poor description on web to differentiate the two different king rooms on ground floor. Room was musty and had water stains on the ceiling of the very tiny bathroom. Hotel was noisy with kids running around the halls. Breakfast was included but not worth the price; I am pretty sue that the muffins they had out had been fresh some time in the past. The front desk staff was both rude and incompetent.

Leaving

• Business King Room - Ground Floor

No negatives come to mind.

Quiet place near the airport. Not new and in need of some repair and updating but it was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was light but good.

• Comfort King Room - Second Floor

There were NO restaurants close by to have dinner. We had to walk over a mile to get to a BBQ place. It would have been convent to have a restaurant next door or a few door down.

• Comfort King Room - Second Floor

Continental breakfast was very mediocre, bananas almost mushy, “no croissants”, but good coffee.

Bed is very comfortable and clean, same applies to the room. Bathroom facilities are very clean but slightly small space for it. Very quite room.

• Comfort Double Room with Two Double Beds - Second Floor

Nothing comes to mind. It was what we'd expect for what we paid. It was located rather far from the city center, but that's just the way it was! We were told bus service wasn't frequent (but it was Labor Day weekend, too), so we took our car to downtown, rather than public transport, which we prefer to do when we can.

The breakfast was good and easily accessible. Staff was friendly! We appreciated having a grocery store within a couple miles. Ordinarily, we'd have walked in the neighborhood, but the rain put a damper on that.

• Comfort Double Room with Two Double Beds - Second Floor

The hotel did not respect their own rules and regulations. They advertise: "pets not allowed". Beside our room on second floor, they rent a room to two ladies with a dog which was barking and disturb the silence. We ask the new manager: why they allow pets??? he said: they have two rooms on first floor for people with pets. We find out from the cleaning lady that they are not supposed to rent with pets on second floor, they do not have cleaning procedure to disinfection the room. We are very disappointed finding that they allow and book any room to the people with pets anywhere in the hotel!!!! They ruin our stay we will never put our feet in this hotel.

The bed was comfortable.

• Business Double Room with Two Double Beds - Ground Floor

Door frame to room was in disrepair,dead bolt needs to be secured and faucet leaking in sink...tv only had a few English channels .most were all French .you should consider adding more English channels

..close to airport and restaurants and helpful staff

• Superior King Room - Ground Floor

This is a very old property and quite run down.Frayed chair cover, cracked lamp shade, stained and rusted bathroom fixtures. Staff knew we were English. I spoke a little French and that is all they spoke to us. Luckily I understand the language. There was no attempt to be bilingual. I wonder how the people from Washington State, who were there for a wedding, managed. Most disappointing. I am a born and raised Quebecer and being treated so disrespectfully left a bad taste in my mouth.

• Business King Room - Ground Floor

The rooms need to be renovated as they are older and the bathroom tub was too small and there was no room to pretty much, turn around in there. All in all, just needs to be renovated.

The breakfast was ok. Onsite parking was good. Location was good.

• Comfort King Room - Second Floor

Did know there were two floors. There should be an option when booking to check mobility issues and then the staff could, if possible, book the ground floor rooms for these types of guests.

Location and when lots of people booked into the hotel they opened a second room on the second floor for guests to have their breakfast rather than go downstairs

• Comfort King Room - Second Floor

The room was close to the laundry and main plumbing so we could hear annoying sounds from 6am until we finally decided to get up

Breakfast extended hours

• Comfort Double Room with Two Double Beds - Second Floor

I did not like how far the hotel is away from old Quebec City. It made it hard to travel without of vechical I also would have preferred changing the breakfast options and if more options were provided such as meat and fruit.

I enjoyed that all staff spoke English and were very friendly. When I got sick on the trip staff did everything they could to make my trip be the best

• Business King Room - Ground Floor

Very outdated. Not all rooms were like the picture on the booking site. We received a room with an old green carpet which I was hoping for no carpet (as seen in the picture) & the breakfast "included" wasn't really breakfast. Bagels, Muffin & Cereal. But for the price it was good.

The bed was really comfy & they kept everything clean.

During the week the breakfast stuff wasn't refreshed during peak time. There were no fruits, yogurt, some bread, milk. Over the weeekend this was refreshed regularly.

Good value for money.

• Comfort Double Room with Two Double Beds - Second Floor

After my sister fell and injured her arm, none of the staff bothered to inquire if she was ok. She had tripped over the high step going into the hotel, and the staff helped her up but never again came to see how she was, when in fact she had broke a bone in her arm.

Rooms clean, beds very comfortable, a good value for the cost.

• Business Double Room with Two Double Beds - Ground Floor

There was a smell in the room. Old school air conditioner units in the wall. Basic breakfast that had to be asked to be refilled.

Beds were comfortable. There are newer/updated rooms (we did not have this). Did have coin operated laundry if needed.

The aircondition in room 261, 263 went in lagged and i woke up early just to reset and turned it on in both rooms, and boys couldn't sleep well in last 2 days.

I would like an elevaters for uper level, pancakes, eggs.

• Business Double Room with Two Double Beds - Ground Floor

Our daughter was working on a job application and the desk and the chair in the room was perfect. Coffee in the morning was delicious. Beds were comfortable.

• Business King Room - Ground Floor

Steps and door configuration for secondary access awkward and poorly thought out for people with suitcases.

Comfy beds, ok breakfast good access to feeder roads to Old sections of city and RDV2017 events at the port.

• Business King Room - Ground Floor

Did not appear as seen on internet but was satisfactory.

Front desk was helpful and knowledgable of surrounding location and directed us to our destination in Quebec City.

• King Suite - Second Floor

Old tv to small - no English channels , bathroom outdated, water temperature inconsistent, temperature of room hard to stabilize a comfortable setting and hallway was stiflingly hot. staff were not respectful if you did not speak French - felt very much a minority and disrespected. All signs were in French and knowing a little is how we survived. The "Quebec" tax was ridiculous.... not value for our dollar. It was like staying at a roadside ghetto motel. Will not be returning nor recommend this environment.

Clean room

• Comfort Double Room with Two Double Beds - Second Floor

Frontdesk staff very rude. Not able or willing to provide information when asked regarding outside activities. Bathroom floor was dirty, hole in wall around showerhead, no security at entrance door at back of building. Not senior or disabled Friendly! Overall not happy with 2 night Stay!

• Comfort King Room - Second Floor

1. Advertised a free shuttle, so we turned in rental car at airport, intending to take shuttle to airport. Problem! Shuttle was not running, and I don't think it was just a short term mechanical problem. I believe the listing is inaccurate in that there is not a shuttle available. There was no consideration about compensating us for having had to pay for a taxi. 2. Air unit in room was NOISY.

• Business Double Room with Two Double Beds - Ground Floor

The air conditioning working only on high. When we want to put it lower it stop. And also is making a lot of noise.

Breakfast very well and good. Full menu and different types. The bed are really good and comfortable.

• Comfort Double Room with Two Double Beds - Second Floor

Room was a bit dated and small.

Breakfast options were decent, staff was extremely accommodating to our request for early check in. The airport shuttle and front desk staff were very friendly. Bed was very comfortable!

• Comfort King Room - Second Floor

Shortly after I use the hairdryer, the power went shortcircuited. Although we were using the air conditioning at the same time, the hotel room should supply enough electricity.

Breakfast is good.

• Comfort Double Room with Two Double Beds - Second Floor

One Of breakfast servers was the worst ,she was so lousy,nothing was refilled ,she was totally noncooperation,i did mention that to the reception desk. But surprisingly the other day new host was really active.very satisfied with her service.

• Comfort King Room - Second Floor

I didn't like the breakfast that much. The choices were very limited. The location of the hotel is not that close to bus stops. It took us 20 to 40 minutes to go the nearest bus stop. You definitely need a car to go to and from this hotel.

the bed was comfortable and the amenities were good. they have a laundry and a pool.

• Comfort Double Room with Two Double Beds - Second Floor

I didn't like being charged $81 when it was posted $74 and change out front, and when I questioned it was told I should have called directly instead of booking online. I made me feel like I was chiseled for 6 bucks. If I hadn't looked online for a hotel room in the area, they would not have had me for a customer at all. The online information said the regular room rate was $147 or so, which was clearly inaccurate when I arrived. It's only a small difference in price, but the exchange with the clerk left me with the impression that "I" had done something wrong by booking online. I like to be able to clearly SEE my vehicle from my room window. About 3 am. I awoke to 2 males loud voices. one went over and barfed beside my car which was parked a distance from my room. later that male entred the building via a side door from the parking lot that staff unlock upon pressing the buzzer. I saw no camera or means for staff to see who they are letting in, and in this case it was an obviously extremely intoxicated person, who had wlked up into the parking lot and had not come out from the door in which he was let into by staff.

The bed was very comfy. Breakfast was very good and I liked how easy it was to serve myself.

• Business Double Room with Two Double Beds - Ground Floor

Bathrooms need some work and ventilation makes noise, breakfast is very basic with no eggs or hot plates, location is out of the city's main attractions - takes about a 20 minute drive to get to major attractions.

Friendly staff and rooms have extra comfortable beds - which is exactly what we needed!

• Comfort King Room - Second Floor

Check in staff was very friendly and went beyond to give us muffins to ensure we had something for our 5am flight which was before the hotel's breakfast service began.

• Comfort Double Room with Two Double Beds - Second Floor

Had to change the room since the room key-card wasn't working and they couldn't fix it.

- Warm welcome (especially with only English speaking folks ;-) ) - Very cooperative and helpful, especially when our room key-cards were not working. - Breakfast server was very helpful.

Breakfast. Hmmmm. eat somewhere else.that is how I see it

The room.The stuff.The area.its far from downtown though.This basically on the Quebec's airport backyard.No noise though-no huge planes landing:)))).You need either uber(25-40 CAN depends on the time,one way) or you will have to drive.

• Business Double Room with Two Double Beds - Ground Floor

was charged extra for a room with parking spot which was taken both nights . Also got hub cap stolen as l could not use my parking spot. Will not return .

first day staff was very helpful . upgraded room with no fuss.

• Comfort King Room - Second Floor

It wasn't as clean as I would have liked. I could feel grit under my bare feet. Noise from the floor above (footsteps) was too loud.

The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. I also like the hard floors to feel more secure against bed bugs.

• Business King Room - Ground Floor

Breakfast should have had a little bit more variety. Downstairs breakfast was too busy but was better presented than upstairs.

Beds were comfy, and hotel was situated in a great location. Hot tub was awesome, we enjoyed it. Great sized rooms for us, we were happy.

• Comfort Double Room with Two Double Beds - Second Floor

The hotel room smelled a bit dusty, which I would assume was from the carpets. I am allergic so I couldn't breathe well during the night. Breakfast was alright.. Perhaps eggs or ham/cheese could be offered... Seemed like a bit too much bread offered. We did not use the hot tub due to the small room being a bit claustrophobic and people smoking outside could see us through the window.

We liked the location of the property. Close to McDonald's, Tim Hortons, Shoppers, Gas.. etc. Breakfast caretaker was a very nice lady. A lot of pillows on the bed were great.

• Comfort King Room - Second Floor

Our room was not cleaned . We had to clean it ourselves .. dirty towels were left on floor and no clean ones .. all garbages were full and not emptied... the fridge was broken did not work .

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

• King Room - Disability Access

but the pillow are some real pain. One is hard like rock and the other is disgusting and too soft. Worst night ever with the sound of door all night long and the heater make a really bad sound everytime it heat!!! BRING SOME EARBUDS!!!! Pay a little more for better sleep please !!!!

king bed is fun

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

• Comfort King Room - Second Floor

Would have been nice if they had a protein. Hard boiled egg, cottage cheese etc.

breakfast was plentifully. The bed was the most comfortable I have slept in. The staff was friendly and helpful. Made my stay great. Thank you.

• Business King Room - Ground Floor

Don't let the picture fool you. Room was very depressing look and smelled like used shoes. No privacy in the sick because the bathroom is too small so the sink is outside the bathroom. Condoms and Beers in the vending machine? WOW .....Breakfast is an excuse for breakfast, poor and nothing to it. Not worth the price they charge for a night, for $50 more you can stay with class at the Delta!!!

The location was good.

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

• Comfort Double Room with Two Double Beds - Second Floor

One of the rooms I booked had a smelly carpet and the tv didn't work. They willingly offered an upgraded room, which was okay.

Comfortable beds and clean, white bedding. Supper friendly breakfast service. Good pricing.

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

• Business King Room - Ground Floor

There was some dust clinging to the ceilings that should be vacuumed or dusted off every once in a while. The sink basin piping (room 105) needs to be cleaned as the water was backing up.

A 0600 start for breakfast. The bed was clean and comfortable. The price was reasonable. It is supposedly located near the airport but I did not hear any planes.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

• Comfort King Room - Second Floor

The pillows.... very uncomfortable on our necks! Time to update... otherwise... everything else was great! Thank you

Very friendly and helpful staff Very good breakfast Comfortable bed and chairs

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

• Comfort Double Room with Two Double Beds - Second Floor

This is a old hotel. There is no elevator. In the morning alot of humidity from the shower.

The room was confortable and clean.The staff was very helpful and nice.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

• Comfort Double Room with Two Double Beds - Second Floor

NO ELEVATOR TO 2ND FLOOR NO TRANSPORTATION TO CRUISE TERMINAL (HOTEL SENT ME AN E-MAIL SAYING "TRANSPORTATION TO LOCAL SITES-BUT REALLY ONLY GOES TO THE AIRPORT)

SUNNY BREAKFAST ROOM GOOD RATE

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

• Comfort King Room - Second Floor

I had selected this due to its shuttle service. Shuttle driver refused to take us to the airport to the car rental depot as they are competing with Them. (Shuttle is operated by a rental company) on the up side was the hotel Managment that had sent one of its employees to drive us to the airport.

Hotel managment was efficient responsive and creative in resolving a situation with its shuttle operator. Excellent customer oriented approach.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

• Comfort Double Room with Two Double Beds - Second Floor

Booked through booking.com was supposed to be a room for 6, they only had a room for 4 , Bathroom way to small, no shampoo etc, no pool

Cleanliness, breakfast

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

• Superior King Room - Ground Floor

-the night staff was extremely rude. Walked away from me when i asked for change for machines -our tv didnt work -it smelled like smoke in a non smoking -

i liked location

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

• Comfort King Room - Second Floor

The night clerk could have given us the requested wake up call for our 6:00 AM flight, or they could have repaired the non functioning alarm clock. They also didn't call our friends. Fortunately we both made our flights by 6 AM, but we will not stay at that hotel again.

the bed was comfortable. The evening check in staff was very helpful.

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

• Business King Room - Ground Floor

If people lose their expensive jewelry, there should be some kind of compensation. So we could spread a good word, as working in a school where we I meet a number of persons.

The location of the hotel, very central.

• Reviewed: 11 September 2016

• Business King Room - Ground Floor

I asked for a cab to be ordered for the morning. It wasn't done or the cab service pretended not to have gotten the call. But in the morning it was rectified right away

The ladies st the front desk were very helpful with any questions I had. And because my French is not very good. They were willing to order food for me. They were awesome.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

• King Suite - Ground Floor

I booked a king room. 2 hours later we arrived and they had over booked us and we ended up with 2 doubles. I was not impressed. Nothing was done to make up for it. Just that I should be happy I saved 4 dollars

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

• Business Double Room with Two Double Beds - Ground Floor

Our room was very small and much too humid!!! I figured out why the next morning as we were leaving that it was just next to a laundry room. Steam was coming out just outside the room... Might have been the cause but the smell and the dampness made it unbearable for us to stay there on the 2nd night like we were supposed to.

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

• King Suite - Ground Floor

There is no drinking water in room.and the fridge was not working.and they had a board of 79$ room available. And we booked our hotel for 142$ a night.and hotel is like 25 minute drive from tourist location.overall our stay was nice.thanks

Breakfast was good.room was clean and bed was comfy.overall our stay was nice.thanks

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

• Superior King Room - Ground Floor

The breakfast area was NOT CLEAN. The dishes are washed by hand right in the same room so while you are eating you have to listen to clanging dishes. Because they are not sanitized in a dishwasher they are not clean - I had to take 7 spoons out of the pile before I got a clean one. My first one even had someone's lipstick still on it. GROSSSSS! The beds are uncomfortable, the breakfast was terrible. Not worth $110 EVER

We didn't like anything about this hotel except for the room had new laminate flooring instead of carpet

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

• Comfort Double Room with Two Double Beds - Second Floor

Our room was nothing like the photos on their website, our room was outdated with grungy carpets, A peak from the corner of your bed revealed that the room was not clean at all, pretty gross. Will not be staying here ever again.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

Old and rusty facilities - Sink were clogged - Towels were 100 years old and shabby - Not enough shampoo and soap for two guests - Filthy carpet.

Staff were polite and accessible - Air/Con worked well.

• Reviewed: 15 July 2016

• Comfort Double Room with Two Double Beds - Second Floor

The bathroom was a bit small and the motel was a little far from the highway. We were just passing through, but I wanted the quality and price of Howard Johnson, but it was a bit of a drive in. The internet was not good at all. We couldn't even reach it on our phones in our room.

The bed was more comfortable than I had expected. Breakfast was simple but very good with lots of variety.

• Reviewed: 14 July 2016

• Comfort Double Room with Two Double Beds - Second Floor

A little more attention to cleanliness in rooms is needed ie base boards.

Breakfast was adequate & plentiful. Reasonably priced. I especially liked that the Grey Line tour arranged for pick up at most any hotel in the city.

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

• Business King Room - Ground Floor

breakfast room way too crowded, had to wait forever for a seat, woman at reception was not very helpful

breakfast selection was good, location to quebec convenient if you have a car, good value for money

• Comfort Double Room with Two Double Beds - Second Floor

The breakfast was not very good. It was just very basic. Would have liked some eggs and more options.

Room was nice and clean.

• Superior King Room - Ground Floor

They took money off my debit card and credit card. The hotel needs updating. The buffet breakfast does not keep food items stocked well.

Big bed.

• Business King Room - Ground Floor

look old and made it appeared dirty

in need of renovation