2. Canada hotel reviews
  3. Manitoba hotel reviews
  4. Winnipeg hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of Queen Bee Hotel

Reviews of Queen Bee Hotel This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

2615 Pembina Highway, Fort Gary, R3T 2H5 Winnipeg, Canada

#18 of 72 hotels in Winnipeg

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: January 3, 2019

Average stay like in any hotel. But usually the understand you.

I tried to tell two cleaners that the lamp in my room didn't work and the switch in the bathroom for the light was shorting. They smiled and said yes but it was obvious that they did not understand. When we left the issue was still unattended.

everything okay in room 107

• Reviewed: January 1, 2019

It was great
    • Queen Room

The coffee maker was not working a little noise but not to bad ...

The beds comfortable very clean the staff are friendly...it is good quiet no complaints about here I would recommend it again.....

• Reviewed: November 14, 2018

Overall, it was comfortable and the staff was very polite and accommodating.
    • Queen Room

The kind of heater (for the winter) installed was very harsh as I had a bloody nose every day during my stay; however, I have no complaints about the temperature of the room as it was remained comfortable during sleep. I also seemed to have had difficulty using the television as I could not navigate to any channel, but it didn't bother me much since I never needed to use it. When I came back one day, after house keeping, I found that the bathroom floor was sticky to step on. I'm not sure if it is because something sticky had been used to mop the floor or that the detergent used was not cleaned up properly. On a side note, I think that it would be great if the room provided a couple bottles of complimentary water for their guests (at least on the first day for tired guests) and more hangers.

I liked how spacious the washroom was and that the room included a refrigerator, microwave, hairdryer, and other basic appliances. I especially liked the towel rack. It was very neat and organized in an accessible way without fear of dirtying them. Location: The bus stops are conveniently stationed right outside of and across the street from the hotel, depending on which direction you're headed. There are a couple restaurants next door and The Real Canadian Superstore is approximately 20 minutes away by foot. Personal experience: I had an issue with using a different credit while checking-in from the one I used to reserve the hotel room online. The hotel staff was very understanding and cancelled the payment on the credit card I used to book and charged the same amount on the one I used for checking-in. I checked-in late at night but they allowed me to resolve the problem the next morning instead. I believe that normally this process would cost extra (through any online booking site).

• Reviewed: November 2, 2018

This would be a slightly below average hotel, in my mind.

Breakfast facilities were not large, actually a small room. There were a few tables to eat your toast or cereal.

First thing we noticed was the number of people hanging around this hotel. That said, the hotel staff were friendly. the place was not new, but clean. The room was clean as well as the bathroom. Parked behind hotel to separate my car from the crowd at the front door.

• Reviewed: October 8, 2018

A nice comfortable place to stay, although on the outskirts of Winnipeg.
    • Queen Room

The location is a bit of drive to the CBD, but if it helps to keeps costs down it's worth it. During rush hour traffic it's a little challenging to get out of the parking lot so you have to be patient and wait for an opening. That is the cost of being on a major street. None of these are major issues, but just be aware of them.

The staff at check in was very nice and helpful. The room was clean and fairly roomy. It would have been nice to have a larger table (for eating breakfast in the room) but that is a minor detail. I really liked the fact that your door is secured by a number pad and not any kind of key. You never have to worry about forgetting your room key and it feels much more secure. The breakfast was perfect - very simple. Coffee/Tea, cereal, yogurt, muffins, toast, which is great as a starter for the morning.

• Reviewed: October 5, 2018

Easy access, right off the highway, nice facilities with a...
    • Queen Room

Easy access, right off the highway, nice facilities with a microwave and mini fridge being a nice perk. Parking just outside the room as we were on the first floor was very convenient.

• Reviewed: September 21, 2018

Staff were friendly, hotel was clean and very well maintained.
    • Queen Room

Could use more soundproofing , I heard my neighbours and lots of hallway noises. Water pressure was low on the shower. The lighting wasn't the greatest. The breakfast hours are pretty short and the room where breakfast is served is very cramped.

Overall layout and accommodations were great. Bed and the shag rug were nice and comfortable. Parking was plentiful. Overall size of the room was good. Air quality was great and there was no bad odour.

• Reviewed: September 16, 2018

Comfy and very clean.
    • Queen Room

It is clear the facility is well maintained and we found a feeling of calm and respect from staff. We chose to extend out stay at the Queen Bee by 2 more nights rather than moving to another motel/hotel as originally planned.

• Reviewed: September 7, 2018

overall is a pleasant stay
    • Queen Room

The breakfast kitchen is a little bit small, max. only 2 people can work on/make their breakfast. The rest of the people need to line up for their turn to get in.

The room is much bigger than any motel I usually stayed at. It is very clean. The front desk staff is very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: August 31, 2018

Great value for sumer business trip to University of Manitoba.

The counter staff was friendly, but it appeared that he could use a little more training. There was no carpet in the room. This is a little less comfortable, but on the plus side it was clearly clean.

If you are staying near the University of Manitoba, and are willing to walk about 2 km then the location is very convenient. This was perfect for the summer weather, but could be a serious issue in winter. The facilities were basic but clean. For the price this was a great value.

• Reviewed: August 31, 2018

Good value in good location
    • Queen Room

Noise from Pembina Hwy bothers. High-lift stairs unfriendly to large luggage’s.

It’s 3km from UoM with bus stop within 20m. Half an hour walk to University Center. Shoppers across the street and Rogers nearby. Good for temporary stay for students and parents of UoM. Chinese restaurant besides.

• Reviewed: August 1, 2018

satisfactory for one night. would not work if I needed three nights.
    • Queen Room

A little over priced. No view from window; just the roof of side building. Continental breakfast only. (cereal, toast coffee, juice.) Staff was all Asian; English was second language for every one.

location was OK to go to stadium, which is what I needed

• Reviewed: July 30, 2018

Overall this hotel is beautiful. Will definitely recommend this 💯

Needs big mirror and bathroom should have bigger shelves to put our toiletries. Needs more bedroom lights lamp a bit dark.

Cute and clean hotel, staff are nice and friendly, rooms are big, super comfy bed and pillows. Easy access to downtown, lots of good restaurants nearby, and grocery store.

• Reviewed: July 21, 2018

Small ans plain, but clean friendly and very close to the university.

The continental breakfast is really just weak coffee and underwhelming bread & yogurt in a cupboard off of very small sitting room, and is available for only 2 hours in the morning.

The hotel is very clean, the staff is wonderful. It is barebones, the rooms are small but there are fridges and microwaves in each room, and the price is very reasonable. We weren't able to try the restaurant attached to the hotel, but the food smelled delicious -. & one of the best ramen restaurants in town is in the strip mall right next to the hotel

• Reviewed: June 25, 2018

Very clean and comfortable.
    • Queen Room

I didn’t like that I did not know it wasn’t pet friendly, I didn’t get an email stating it wasn’t when I booked the room, but after driving a long way and not knowing my pup was allowed to stay with me as long as I had her cage which I did. Amazing and u derstanding staff.

The staff wAs very understanding, and also very helpful.

• Reviewed: June 11, 2018

more than I bargained for

a little bit of hallway noise but it was gone by 10:30pm.

comfortable beds, cleanliness of the room, ease of access to the parking lot, nice staff, add-on restaurant was interesting and very good.

• Reviewed: June 1, 2018

the hotel is immaculately clean.
    • Queen Room

hotel is near south side of city so going to city centre takes a bit of time but all in all not an inconvenience for the quality of the stay.

the hotel is immaculately clean. the staff is pleasant and have a smile on their face. I found when we got there that our room was on the second floor but they accommodated us by switching us to a ground floor room as my wife is a smoker and of course had to go outside occasionally. easy choice to come back here

• Reviewed: May 22, 2018

I WILL stay here again
    • Queen Room

Nothing was missing ! Everything I needed without the high price ... and not paying for a ‘brand’ Breakfast was as I expected... with bonus raisin bread

• Reviewed: May 4, 2018

Loved the room spaces and the vending machine in the lobby
    • Queen Room

There are no restaurant in the hotel, also there's one right best it. It would have been nice to have one inside

Loved the room spaces and the vending machine in the lobby

• Reviewed: April 27, 2018

I thought the passcodes instead of room cards is a better...
    • Queen Room

Breakfast was good but it could use the Kellogg’s fun packs

I thought the passcodes instead of room cards is a better system I tend to lose them and with the code I can just save it as a memo on my phone

• Reviewed: March 24, 2018

Nice cosy hotel
    • Queen Room

It's really a nice hotel to stay in for the night, I enjoyed my stay there. The snack machine is helpful for those who have checked in very late and looking for a quick bite before bed I'm not a fan of hotel breakfast, so I would usually skip them all together and reserve the appetite for later, so I wouldn't bother choosing a hotel that serve nice food and usually book hotels that gives me a good night's rest. Hotel comes with an heater, lots of clean towels, comfy bed, cable TV, free WiFi, coffee maker...

• Reviewed: March 14, 2018

Room was great, very clean, good showers, great staff.
    • Queen Room

The breakfast was sparce, the internet didn’t work for A few hours and they were confused as to why.

Room was great, very clean, good showers, great staff.

• Reviewed: January 22, 2018

Easy to find.
    • Queen Room

Not alot of selection for breakfast. TV cut out occassionally. Bathtub didn't look the cleanest.

Easy to find. Right off the street. Close to my event. Staff always available.

• Reviewed: January 2, 2018

Friendly staff, clean rooms with comfy beds.

Friendly staff, clean rooms with comfy beds. Our room had a fridge, microwave, and coffee maker as well as a small table with two chairs which was nice. Absolutely excellent for the price.

• Reviewed: November 25, 2017

Clean, Quiet, Comfortable and so pleased with the customer service and heavenly cleanliness.

To be Honest the Morning Breakfast was a cold simplistic snack barely worth the small coins currency left in my pocket, it was not worth the extra fee or my time. The good side of how they have it set up is that it has potential, just needs the right selection of fruits, coffee/tea, small pastries that honestly I would keep with the attached Korean Resturant is a selection of Korean authentic style of Breakfast.

The First Thing you notice as you enter the reception desk is how clean this place is. The rooms are very basic but again are so very clean, the use of hardwood, tile and laminated surfaces throughout the entire hotel with just the right amount of hallway carpet to reduce noise levels of people walking through the hallways is so wonderfully simple and genius. Unfortunately. we had already had dinner and did not take advantage of what we hear from others is a wonderful authentic Korean restaurant. Again I have to say the cleanliness of this establishment puts all Hotels from Five Star to Large Corporate resort chains through the US, Canada, and Europe we have ever stayed at to shame!

• Reviewed: November 20, 2017

***Quiet time***

The Continental Breakfast hours could be longer. Ex: 7-10

Best sleep in a long time. Very quiet, clean. Staff is very polite and beyond accommodating.

• Reviewed: November 1, 2017

I'll just say that we would stay here again, if we needed a hotel in that area of the city.
    • Queen Room

I do recall that there could have been some improvements. However, I can't remember specifically just what they were.

The helpful attitudes of the staff, and the free breakfasts.

• Reviewed: September 28, 2017

No frills but very clean and comfortable.
    • Queen Room

Staff not always around desk when I had a concern or question . Breakfast had very few options/poor selection at times and fruit didn't look appetizing and always looked picked over. Also railroad tracks located right behind property so could hear trains at night or early am at times.

It was kept clean and tidy. Staff was friendly when I saw them.

• Reviewed: September 24, 2017

Great location but poor services. More of an hostel than an hotel.

The advertised breakfast was horrible. No variety. Some of the staff lacked training and public relations qualities.

The location is easily accessible. Good location close to University of Manitoba and other businesses and shops.

• Reviewed: August 28, 2017

I booked a room , when we arrived it was up a steep set of...
    • Queen Room

I booked a room , when we arrived it was up a steep set of stairs, my husband uses a cane so we had to take a room with2 beds cost $35.00 more we only used one bed, I was disappointed by this.

• Reviewed: August 21, 2017

Excellent place, room was clean and service was excellent. I would gladly stay again.
    • Queen Room

Blinds on the window could've been better, didn't block too much light so I woke up with the sun.

Comfortable bed, quiet room, excellent service. restaurant beside the hotel was amazing.

• Reviewed: August 1, 2017

Good value on the edge of Winnipeg

Fridge was not plugged in when we arrived. Temperature was too cool in the room. (Easily corrected with a good heating/cooling unit in the room.)

Interior of building was updated and modern. Clean and progressive with updates. I liked the door code option for the room. No key or keycard needed.

• Reviewed: July 17, 2017

Clean, comfortable and safe

Wifi is not very strong, ended up using mostly cellular data. Continental breakfast is very limited, but they have pictures of it posted so that was to be expected. Also, the walls are extremely thin! You have to be very quiet after 10pm (hotel's "quiet hours")

Very clean rooms and comfortable beds! Great hotel for the price.

• Reviewed: July 13, 2017

really not gr8 at all :// bad vibes
    • Queen Room

It wasn't busy so the employees would creepily follow us around and didn't trust us to have guests in our room. They really did not trust us at all for some reason to have guests so they made two of us leave and sleep in the car. There were bugs in our room and it ended up being more expensive than they originally said it would be. Bad vibes all around. but live love Winnipeg that location was pretty dang good. Also I really love bees and I'm mad they did bees dirty like this. ALSO they're doors don't lock very well so that's SPOOKY ☠️

Great area easy to get anywhere you want to go.

• Reviewed: June 26, 2017

Would not recommend this hotel.

No amenities, eg: tv channel guide, paper or pen, no clock in room. Needs better quality soap and shampoo etc.. Was stripped right down to plain Jane. Would not recommend it.

Room was clean and quiet.

• Reviewed: June 15, 2017

Stinky room
    • Queen Room

Room stank of stale cigarette smoke and I woke up with a real headache. And the staff guy could not seem to figure out the software when registering me...took a long time to get me in.

Bed was okay

• Reviewed: May 13, 2017

Nice hotel, reasonable and clean

We were unsure of the parking area and it seemed full but there's additional space available that we didn't see at the time.

Room was very clean and in excellent condition. Halls and stairs were clean and well lit. Staff was friendly. Excellent accommodations for the price, we will stay there again.

• Reviewed: May 8, 2017

Very kind and accommodating staff.
    • Queen Room

There wasn't any reading material in the room such as information on events or things to do in the city.

Very kind and accommodating staff. They had clean rooms with a nice layout. Overall, one of the best hotel experiences I've ever had.

• Reviewed: April 6, 2017

It was a good experience!
    • Queen Room

A night table on each side would be nice. Some handicap bars in the bath tub would be helpful.

Breakfast was included. Clean, staff was friendly.Reasonable price

• Reviewed: March 5, 2017

Overall it wasn't a bad place.
    • Queen Room

Breakfast was a bit disappointing, not much to choose from.

I like how clean the hotel was and how easy it is to find it. As well as bathroom. The room was just the right size for my wife and I.

• Reviewed: February 21, 2017

Wonderful... I would stay there again!

Can't think of anything.

The staff were really, really friendly and helpful. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. I like the 'serve yourself' breakfast and the fact that you had a coffee maker, microwave and fridge in your room in case you needed it. They also have an iron and ironing board which came in handy. Next time I would like to go to the adjoining restaurant... it's open from 10AM-10PM.

• Reviewed: January 20, 2019

It was a really good weekend
    • Queen Room

Nice place, perfect location to the University, perfect price.

• Reviewed: January 17, 2019

A repeat guest many times over.
    • Queen Room

Have stayed many times and am always pleased with the service and comfort. Extremely clean and quiet.

• Reviewed: January 12, 2019

Good location with easy access

Good location with easy access

• Reviewed: January 11, 2019

The hotel is great but the rooms are not well insulated so...

The hotel is great but the rooms are not well insulated so it was quite loud. A train line runs right behind the hotel.

• Reviewed: January 3, 2019

Always clean comfortable and friendly staff.
    • Queen Room

Always clean comfortable and friendly staff.

• Reviewed: December 21, 2018

Took 10 mins for the shower to get hot

Took 10 mins for the shower to get hot

• Reviewed: December 20, 2018

The staffs are very friendly.

The priced are abit too high.

The staffs are very friendly.

• Reviewed: December 5, 2018

Best staffs

Best staffs

• Reviewed: December 3, 2018

Most of the time there was no hot water.
    • Queen Room

Most of the time there was no hot water.... No sound isolation so you completely hear your neighboring rooms.

Stayed in November 2018

• Reviewed: November 4, 2018

Queen Bee stay
    • Queen Room

There was nothing wrong with this place

Great staff, amazing rooms at a great price and would stay here again

Stayed in November 2018

• Reviewed: October 31, 2018

Always great comfortable stay

breakfast

• Reviewed: October 28, 2018

I like the cleanliness of the hotel and the way it was...
    • Queen Room

I like the cleanliness of the hotel and the way it was maintained.

• Reviewed: October 25, 2018

Clean and quiet.

Heard ambulance during the night but no fault of location.

Clean and quiet.

• Reviewed: October 3, 2018

Great value for the price
    • Queen Room

Simple basic room but clean and comfortable

• Reviewed: September 30, 2018

Great place to stop if you’re driving through.

Few tv channels

Very clean and great sleep!

• Reviewed: September 28, 2018

It was my first time there and I will be back

It was my first time there and I will be back

• Reviewed: September 21, 2018

The bed was very comfortable as well the staff was very...
    • Queen Room

The bed was very comfortable as well the staff was very helpful when checking on.

• Reviewed: September 10, 2018

The room is spacious

There breakfast

The room is spacious

• Reviewed: September 10, 2018

Excellent value for money
    • Queen Room

No concerns. Was exactly what we wanted/needed.

Beds were comfortable. Rooms were very clean. Staff friendly and accommodating.

• Reviewed: September 2, 2018

great stay other than the noisey foot steps from above.

The people in the room above stomped around all night and morning long.

The room was exceptionally clean.

• Reviewed: August 26, 2018

The toilet seat was loose and not the proper one for that...
    • Queen Room

The toilet seat was loose and not the proper one for that toilet

• Reviewed: August 25, 2018

Was not even close to my expectation.

The rooms. Specifically the bathrooms. Lighting, breakfast space, lobby, no elevator, etc.

I liked the location. The staffs are friendly.

• Reviewed: August 24, 2018

Nice front desk staff

Nice front desk staff

• Reviewed: August 22, 2018

Better than expected.

This hotel is surprisingly roomy, bright and clean. The staff are very helpful and courteous. It exceeded my expectations

• Reviewed: August 18, 2018

Not bad

Brekfast

• Reviewed: August 17, 2018

Great stay. Close to many shops and food. U of M is also close to the facility.

• Reviewed: August 10, 2018

Beautiful friendly staff and cleanliness 5 stars.

Beautiful friendly staff and cleanliness 5 stars.

• Reviewed: August 4, 2018

Clean,quiet,good value,nice breakfast

Can’t think of anything

Clean,quiet,good value,nice breakfast

• Reviewed: August 3, 2018

Nothing. It is ok.

Everything there is just awesome

• Reviewed: August 1, 2018

Like to go back but expect more respect from housekeeping staff

housekeeping lady came to make room after first day was very rude and hot in room AC wasn't working properly

• Reviewed: July 30, 2018

Breakast and staff

Check out time

Breakast and staff

• Reviewed: July 25, 2018

This is our fourth stay here, we keep coming back for all the above good reasons.
    • Queen Room

Consistent, clean, friendly and great location. Extremely good value.

• Reviewed: July 23, 2018

People are nice helpful and friendly.

People are nice helpful and friendly. EVERYTHING is so clean. And breakfast is so cool

• Reviewed: July 23, 2018

Nice location if you're looking to stay in a hotel near the perimeter. Don't expect mattresses to b

Beds are too soft.

Clean room and good size.

We Price Match