Reviews of Radisson Hotel Ottawa Parliament Hill 3 stars

402 Queen Street, K1R 5A7 Ottawa, Canada

#45 of 56 hotels in Ottawa

Sweet evening in the city
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Air conditioner was very noisy when it automatically turn on during night...it work some of our party up

Very good spot in the central city...we have a lovely summer evening walking to dinner and watching light show on parliament hill

Alright for a short stay but wouldn't return.

Room furnishings very tired, dated and carpeting very worn. Definitely not up to the standard of other Radisson Hotels we have stayed in.

Beds were very comfortable and staff helpful. Restaurant was good and staff there were very pleasant and helpful. Location was good for most sight seeing.

One night stay on our way to Montreal and was convienent location to do some sightseeing in Ottawa.

Ice machines were not working on the 2 floors I walked too (only on even floors).

Location was great, just a little walk over to Parliament. Room was comfortable.

Great staff!!
    • Queen Room

It would've been nice if there was a fridge and a safe in the room. Room was a bit small, but it was fair for the price.

Staff was very friendly upon check-in. They showed me how to get to popular landmarks and tourist sites proactively. Staff in restaurant on first floor also very friendly, had a great experience there. Hotel is walking distance from pretty much any tourist site you would want to go to.

Always excellent

Not the hotel’s fault but there is lots of noise from nearby construction. Temporary issue only.

Great location and very comfortable. The restaurant isn’t part of the hotel but it is highly recommend for the food, drink and all the lovely staff.

Nice stay in Ottawa near Parliament

Nothing in particular ; a coupon for breakfast restaurant would be appreciated

Very nice clean room with comfortable beds and at my request a fridge was put in at no extra charge..We had a quiet night. While I did not use the fitness room it was appreciated

Very disappointing

The room was very small very dark . The bathroom is in dire need of updating. The the toilet flush was slow and very noisy, when booking I was asked if I had any special requests , I had one a room with a view and room large enough for three adults we got neither .

The photos you see on the website are not from looking out their windows !
    • Queen Room

The cleaning staff left my dirty mug back in the coffee pot?? The bathroom corners were black!! But other then those things the bed was amazingly comfortable!!!

The actual hotel was good! It wasn’t within walking distance to the ByWard Market Square! But close to down town! But was close to a few other things ! The hotel is very clean other then a few things in our room! Parking is free if you park on the street! It was very uneasy to leave your new SUV in a strange place!! But our Suv wouldn’t fit in the underground parking . And it was $25 a day!!!! Our SuV was fine nothing happened and it was right outside the door !

Overall we are satisfied with the stay

Badly need of renovation. Bathroom especially. With carpet , tile and bathtub being so old, it's hard to say anything about cleanliness. A bit overpriced for the value ( busy long weekend to blame)

Good mattress, nice personnel. Ok location. Overall we're satisfied with the stay and service in this Radisson.

Very nice hotel

The air conditioner placed down on the floor so the air comes to your face directly, I prefer if it was up somewhere.

Clean room, comfy beds, perfect location, nice staff.

Great, clean and comfortable Ottawa hotel.

To be honest some of the smells in the lobby were a bit strong. It's such a hard thing to manage especially as summer starts.

The bed was super comfortable and room temperature was just perfect. The location of the hotel is also close to all of downtown's major attractions. I believe that this hotel is one of Ottawa's hidden gems.

It was good....Love the place

The time when we go for a walk and came back in the morning the cleaning staff open our room and change everything without our permission. 😕

Really good

Overpriced basic accommodation close to the city
    • Queen Room

Very tired and run down hotel. Strong odours throughout. Threadbare carpet, slow plumbing, in serious need of a huge makeover. Rooms extremely dark.

Free wifi. Friendly staff.

not bad
    • Queen Room

parking lot is so tiny and not convenient for reentry, have to scan lots of bar codes, and btw the fee $25 per day is quite quite expensive hope the bathtub can be looked as clean enough (it's actually clean enough but just for the first view it's not good )

nice beds, good locations, service not bad, maps available in the lobby

Perfect for a solo one night dtay

The TV remote needs cleaning more regularly. Did it myself .Nothing else was at issue.

The street is quiet at night and I parked safely overnight avoiding exorbitant hotel parking. The Gibson restaurant on site is welcoming and serve good food. The toiletries in the room are refreshing in scent without being overpowering.Beds are comfy.

Very Nice but location is not
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Wi-FI suck. I connected one device but I had 3 to connect. I had to disconnect first before connecting another device. Plus it disconnects you every 30 minutes that you have to sign back in and agree to term of service again every half hour. Annoying much?

The Do Not Disturb sign was hung on my door handle and the maids were quiet not like other places where they talk and laugh so loud in hallways that the Do Not Disturb Sign did not matter to them.

great deal!

Parking 25$!

It’s an awesome located hotel with nearly everything you need. It was very clean and even if the building isn’t the newest one, it’s definitely the best you can do of it. The staff was very cool, I immediately fell in love with Daniel <3 We didn’t have breakfast cause there was just a la carte menü, we would have liked a buffet. High recommendation, it’s a great starting point to explore the city.

Great, wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.
    • Queen Room

Nothing to do with the hotel but the local area is under construction which makes driving a bit challenging for those unfamiliar with the streets. District is downtown and close to Sparks Street which is a great walking area.

Staff were very helpful assisting me with things I had forgotten to bring with me and very quick in assigning my room when I was running late in arriving and had to get to a meeting within 30 minutes of my arrival. Kudos and thanks.

The property was clean.
    • Queen Room

Nothing not to like about property except parking was a little tight. Alittle construction on the street but it was fine since it was weekend no work so no noise

The property was clean.in a very nice area very close to downtown no need to drive everything within walking distance.

Overall it was good. Staff friendly and helpful.
    • Queen Room

The room itself was a bit on the dingy side with unpleasant odor. Opening the window helped. Armchair lumpy and ready for dumpster.

Service and food in restaurant was excellent. Beds very comfortable. Excellent view.

Disappointed for a Radisson
    • Queen Room

The hotel seems a little bit dated, the paint work and carpeting should be replaced and or repaired , generally the hotel could use a real freshening up.

The location was very good for the price.

Great people, but poor value
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

The facilities showed wear. There were large water spots on the table, anchors left in the wall without a hanging, a crooked leaning floor lamp, the spare blanket was clean but ripped, the thermostat in the bedroom wasn’t working (I didn’t use it, but couldn’t if I wanted too), and so on. The cost for four nights varied from $183 one night to well over $300, the latter being excessive for a worn room with no breakfast or airport shuttle.

The staff were great, very friendly and prompt. They always greeted me in the elevator and so on. The location was good for what I was doing. The bed was nice, and suite was very spacious.

i wish justin trudeau had showed up with my youth money ministry
    • Queen Room

i felt weak monday like i had been for cancer treatment i dont have a doctor and im through colleges of physicians for mal practice.

the hotel staff was nice. i heard bangs and loud noises like renos were happening i stayed in 619 and 1001

Comfort, no waiting in Line , availibitty rapidity of elevators
    • Queen Room

Info to use the proper exit for a lost parking ticket should have been specified. Option for lost ticket wasn't avail on all exits. By the same token Blocked traffic and had to back up

Service courtois et rapide

Would not stay at the Radisson Hotel Ottawa Parliament Hill again.
    • Queen Room

The place appears to be slightly dated. The hotel lobby was literally freezing and the hotel staff were wearing winter coats when we checked in. The carpets on our floor appeared to be well worn. The room temperature could not be maintained and we found the room extremely warm and uncomfortable to sleep while winter raged outside.

Friendly and kind people
    • Queen Room

What I didn’t like was the fact that I could not get a coffee until after 8. There should be a coffee station in the lobby .

We really enjoyed the staff. And overall stay.

Nice bed and overall room.
    • Queen Room

Tv has low quality, no pressure on the shower and the heater makes lots of noise all the time. We wait the elevator 5 to 10 min on our second night, the receptionist said: Use the stairs! We were on the 10th floor.

Nice bed and overall room.

Visa prea-autorize problem

They take pre-autaurize payment and they load my visa while I was paying my room cash they keep freezing amount everyday on the entire stay they and it take 2 to 5 business day to get back in my card I had to leave cuz I could use my visa no more. It was very bad!!

The room only beside that nothing !

I'd stay there again

the elevator smelled like sewer they told us it was because the city had dug up the old pipes to put in the under ground rail

the staff and the room were great .It was clean and the bed was good.The staff were friendly and helpful.T he hotel was in a great location so there was lots to see and do.

Good location, nice room and value for money.
    • Queen Room

Construction made it a challenge to get to the hotel - but not your fault.

I was upgraded and that was very nice. Staff were welcoming and helpful. Cosy breakfast restaurant with good food.

Comfortable and good restaurant. Parking lot not big enough.

We got a fine with the parking lot outside! We had put our paper on the board, but we got a fine anyway. We had big trouble trying to find the hotel when we arrived. Lots of work in the streets and almost no light outside indicating the hotel name. We had to call the hotel after going around 20 minutes...

A well placed hotel making it easy to explore Ottawa.
    • Queen Room

Unfortunately for the hotel (and us) there were building works going on all around, although the double glazing was effective. The decor and fittings are somewhat dated.

The hotel is well positioned. Ottawa is relatively small and so we could walk everywhere. The bed was comfortable and large. The breakfast was excellent and beautifully presented with table service. Very helpful reception staff.

Really comfortable stay, good location. Easy access for motorways out of town.

There was building work going on nearby the hotel which started early in the morning. We had a room in the front of the hotel near to the work, rooms at back would probably be less affected, also not going to be a long term problem.

We can recommend the restaurant/bar Gibson’s on Queens which is attached to the Radisson hotel is good for breakfasts and dinner. The staff were great and the food good and inexpensive. The hotel is in a nice area of Ottawa and 10/15 min walk from the Parliament buildings and downtown shopping and sights. An added bonus was the hotel underground car park which is not listed in the hotel details.

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay on Ottawa. Will return again soon
    • Queen Room

Hotel is very tired in appearance. Need 2 chairs in each room. Location of light switch when entering a dark room

Staff friendly & helpful. Location Location Location

Mixed

Underground parking. It was a nightmare! Outdated exit system and difficult to exit and that's putting it mildly. Two ticket exit confusing and we were not alone in this situation. Once the garage door did open to exit we met two vehicles in a row that were entering and therefore blocked our exit and as soon as they came into the garage the door went down. The ticket machine allowed two more tries and then rejected your tickets. Ended up going back up to the lobby to get help as the telephone connection from the garage was a long process and convoluted to the point that if the desk was busy they did not answer your call and it went to voice-mail. Need I say more!

Fair but not great

I didn't feel like I got my money's worth, payed too much for my quality of stay.

The beds were comfortable and was in a quiet section of the city.

If it wasnt for the horrible smell we endured, I would say it was a much better stay than last time.

Major construction going on the whole street for blocks. Water problems at the hotel, terrible smell throughout the building, sewer type smell, it was really gross! Once you were in your room, it was fine, you could not smell anything, but in the lobby and outside your room it was awful. Had we have known this issue, we would not have stayed there. A large discount would of been the decent thing to do for tolerating the god awful smell in the building.

Very comfortable beds, slept like a rock! They have mostly completed the underground parking, it looked way better than my last horrible visit. The smell was awful there as well because of the construction.

Ok but not one of the better hotels we have stayed at.
    • Queen Room

The hotel is very tired looking. It was cleans but seating in the lobby was stained as were the carpet in the hallways. Walls are in need of fresh paint.

Restaurant was very reasonable and food was very good.

Adequate, but needs a refurbishment.

Because of nearby roadworks the hotel did not smell fresh. The management are aware and trying to resolve the issue. The room we stayed in needs to be refurbished, it was tired.

Probably the least favourite of all rooms booked.

Radisson needs a huge update. Carpets are threadbare and need a cleaning, walls need painting, decorating needs to be done. Overpriced. No facilities for eating or relaxing. Parking expensive. Stay elsewhere- many hotels closer to the Parliament Hill.

The suite I was staying in was huge
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

The whole hotel (lobby and hallways) stunk like rotten eggs. Not in the rooms thankfully but it wasn’t a great smell to walk into each day.

The suite I was staying in was huge

We very much enjoyed our stay

There was no fridge in the room.

Really good location. We could walk to all places we wanted to visit. It was very useful that we could leave the car in the parking till 3 pm.

Very pleased, thankyou so much! In Hebrew; TODAH SHALOM, Shavua Tov!!!
    • Queen Room

Not enough room re: my Limousine couldn’t park nearor even close to the main entrance. Blocked by touring buses & taxi’s. The taxi’s didn’t have fairs, just sitting there until a fare becomes availible. When asked to move, they had many excuses! This was NOT a stretch limo, but car size. Buses I completely understand, however taxi’s shouldnt park there if they are not waiting for a Hotel patron. A family with babies or small children were quite noisy & active at 1030m at night. I had returned from a 12hr Conference & was very tired, however things calmed down within the hour or so. However this was not what I had expected. Even though these were problems, it would not deter me [us] from returning. Your company might look at the taxi situation & open the entrance to patrons etc, not taxi’s awaiting fares from anywhere throughout the downtown core. I didn’t see one hotel patron get into a taxi at all! It appears these taxi companies are using your hotel entrance as a taxi stand!!!

Caring staff in all areas. Ask if they can do anything before I had the chance to ask! Clean & comfortable room. Accommodating, knowledgeable about places to go in Ottawa. Very helpful linguistically as French & English are not my 1st language. The main entrance was always kept clean & smoking was far enough away it would’t bother other patrons. Thankyou for your hospitality & shall be returning!!!

had a great time in Ottawa; only negative factor was the poor value we paid for accomodation

new carpets; tear down wall between tiny rooms and make one acceptable room out of two. Busy season in Ottawa but that should not be a license to pass off a poor facility at at regular(high) price.

Bed was o; rooms are tiny no closet space; this facility is tired and worn and needs a re-finish. it besmirches the Radisson brand. M Pick

We all (4 of us in 2 rooms) had a great time.

Parking on your website states $22.00 per day. Our bill showed $25.00 per day. Luckily I had a print out and they adjusted our bill but informed us it has been $25.00 for a long time.

Room was nice with comfortable king bed. Good tv, mini-bar.

I liked the Gibson Restaurant food and staff.

The smell in the elevator and in the hallway was terrible and quite offensive. The $25/day parking should be free for the rate the hotel is charging per night.

I liked the Gibson Restaurant food and staff. The beds were very comfortable. The front desk staff were very friendly.

Good location, unfortunate smell, addressed by the manager.
    • Queen Room

The strong sewer smell in the lobby, and slightly less offensive smell in the room.

There was a problem with a sewer smell, caused by outside construction. The manager, who was off-duty was very apologetic. He cancelled my second night without penalty, gave me a rebate on the first night and offered an upgrade for my next stay.

A great location near Parliament and Rideau Center.

It's a great location and affordable. The room was renovated, spacious and clean and it had an amazing view. The area was quiet and safe. I would definitely stay again.

The room was good and location nice.

As soon as you walked into the lobby there was a musty smell. The couches had stains on them. The 2 elevators were very slow and one was really noisy. Then when you walked onto your floor it smelled really bad and occasionally of smoke. The carpet is stained all the way down the floor. In the room it was fine no smell and carpets were newer. The bathroom had no storage for any of your products. A shelf under the sink would help and a make up mirror.

the beds were comfy, they had a great kiosk in the lobby of things to do. Very helpful. Its within walking distance of a lot of things to do but not many restaurants to choose from.

Wonderful, comfortable stay.

Staff were fantastic from the moment we arrived. The room was very clean and comfortable. It was the perfect location to walk to shops, restaurants, bars and the market. Also, a short cab ride to the TD Centre for the RedBlacks Football Game.

Location was not in the bustle of activity downtown.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

Parking is super tight in the garage and limited. Street parking is also limited with 1 hour parking around. For 25$ CAD it's very steep.

Location was not in the bustle of activity downtown. The kitchen is quaint.

i will never recommend anyone to book anything.

the poor service , room was not comfortable , they gave me table fan to sleep.

i booked the hotel from your website and it was my mistake i guess, the air condition of the hotel was not working , i was not able to sleep whole night , there were bugs in the bed too, when i asked the room service and reception middle of the night about the poor service of air condition , they gave me a table fan , i think i have wasted my money , i should not booking through booking.com website or i do not know wht this all happened. air conditioned temp. was 25 degree all the night in the hot season.

great location but will never stay again because of the smell.
    • Queen Room

the smell of the hotel was like old bad pipes or poorly functioning sewer. They tried to cover it up with extremely potent air fresheners which just made the whole thing grosser. It was a disgusting smell and basically tainted the whole experience.

The bed was extroidinarily comfortable.

tired hotel but great location and good price.

Absolutely needs some updating. I would use the wording - the hotel is tired.

Great location and good price. The hotel is clean but it's old. Needs updating. Old carpet, old baths but again it is clean.

The terrible sulphuric odour in the lobby and elevator. The Radisson should have given us a discount on the room rate. We were limited to 1 small bottle per day for 2 people. This should have been geared to the number of people in the room, not the number of beds!

Nice place to stay

Paying for parking but that seems to be the way no matter what city I travel to.

The beds were comfortable, staff and housekeeping were friendly and helpful. The size of the room was perfect for 3 adults.

Very pleasant stay.
    • Queen Room

Had a sulfurous smell from time to time. Might have had something to do with construction in the area.

The staff was really friendly and helpful. Location is very good, close to Sparks Street and Wellington and very close to the war Museum. Great for walking around.

Uncomfortable because the air condition was too loud. Leave it off & the room became very warm.

There was a stench of sewage from the hall way and parking garage. Maybe they were doing some sort of repair but I couldn't be sure. The double bed was too small for two adults and the air condition was very loud and we had to leave it off at night.

I like the location because all of its close proximity to Parliament hill and downtown. T

Brief but great.

Paying for parking my car.

The breakfast restaurant within the hotel was very affordable , the food was good & the staff excellent. It is a plus for Radisson. The staff gave us excellent idea for sightseeing.

Good price great location for site seeing

Wifi didn't work in the room on my iPhone. Went to front desk for help and he got me online, but off again as soon as I went upstairs

Friendly helpful staff, nice beds as quality bed linens

never again

The furniture had holes, the bathroom floor had urine marks around the toilet, the pillows were rocks, ask for a bandaid, not one to be found. room stuffy. The parking fee was way to much for the little spot you got, barely fit in with the van. All the parking spots were for mini cars and not meant for bigger vehicles like a mini van. Pricey room for no extras ie. breakfast

that I was with my husband nothing about the room

My room was not clean.

My room was not clean. I informed the front and they apologized and told me that they will have it clean the next day. Nothing about cleaning it the same date so I had to stay in a room that was not clean.

Very good!

Right now there is a lot of construction near the hotel. But we are familiar with Ottawa so are not too bothered by that.

The location was wonderful. I liked the attached restaurant too. Staff at all points were very helpful. Many tourists need directions, need help with language, and staff were great!

I am sure you get a nicer room.if you book directly with the hotel.
    • Queen Room

Thin walls, I think I left something there and emailed them twice with no response. Dated curtains and carpeting.

Courteous staff, very clean. A bit of a walk down town but not bad. Nice comfy bed.

Disappointing. Dated hotel in downtown Ottawa.
    • Queen Room

We had many concerns about this hotel. We arrived late in the evening and there was no underground parking at the hotel, so we had to park on the street. The carpets leading to the rooms on the 8th floor were extremely dirty so gave a very poor first impression. The elevator had an unpleasant pungent odour which was off-putting. The access card for the door did not activate immediately. We were stranded outside the door for several minutes before it opened. The room decor was quite dated. The bed was atrocious - lumpy and every turn or movement resulted in high-pitched creaks! It must have been very old! Even the air-conditioning unit/heater looked like it was on its last leg. The telephone on the desk didn't work. I had to use my cellphone to call the front desk! The bathroom fortunately was clean, but there was not much water pressure in the shower. Overall, a very disappointing hotel experience in downtown Ottawa.

Friendly staff. Good wifi.

Never staying there again

Well let's start off with booking.com, you didn't read my reservation right, I had my daughter with us and you didn't include her in our trip, so we had the biggest area of the room with a roll-away bed. We travelled by car, and hotel never had a parking for us, we had to park on the road and luckely we didn't get a ticket

There was a couple staff that were nice,others were ignorant.

Nice and affordable. Great staff.

The noise in the lobby from HVAC system on the 2nd and 3d floors. And the tea in the room is terrible.

There is constant sound from the lobby HVAC system on the 2nd floor and on the 3d floor as well. Someone can hear it in the rooms and it is awful - I'm sure I would not fall asleep there. But the lady on the front desk reacted immediately and upgraded our room. Even though we stayed too close to elevators, the room was pretty quiet and cozy. And internet connection is great.

Sad to see a place going downhill - tough for the staff.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

The suite looked a bit more used than I expected, the air conditioner made a racket, and unfortunately, there was a sewage leak or something similar that gave the whole place a very bad smell. I asked for my money back and booked elsewhere.

The location was good and staff were prompt and understanding in providing a refund.

Not really a nice hotel

It smelled like rotten eggs throughout the whole hotel. Even in the parking garage. Evelator is the slowest oldest rickety things i've ever seen. Garage is so tight even in a small car. Rooms were okay.. Mine had a constant WAHHHH noise. I would recomend just staying anywhere else

Too expensive for the facilities

The hostel doesn't offer much, my room was too small and missing basics (no closet, no mini fridge). Also there is no options for leisure (no pool). I think it doesn't worth the price.

The location is the best thing about this hotel.

They have charged my credit card during check in and also...

They have charged my credit card during check in and also charged my debit card during check out. I have been charges twice and I am chasing since last one month to get my credit card refund.

Really enjoyed it! Good service! Kind people!

Had to pay extra for parking. Should be included in a the price of hotel. Not impressed with the extra $22.00.

Food and helpfulness was wonderful. My husband was in a wheelchair and we had a few obstacles to overcome.

Dissapointed
    • Queen Room

The parking spaces are to small. Very noisy hotel. Further then inicated on web site from down town. Parking is $25 a night and for the cost od the hotel room which is not the greatest it should be free. My view from my window was looking into someones apt litteraly in the back of the hotel. A ton of construction.

Good location that's it

Rooms were dated. Very small and air conditioner didn't work. Did not sleep because it was 35C in the room. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone nor will I stay there again

Liked location

Staff were helpful and hotel in good location

Our room was upgraded and instead of the king size bed requested we were given a queen. The kitchen exhaust fan over the range is in need of a good cleaning. The night stand in the bedroom was sticky along the edge. There were only 3 large kitchen chairs in the living room to sit on. The ventilation system in the building is not very good. The 11th floor we were on held all the smells of what guests were cooking. No ventilation in our bathroom. The elevator had to have a deodorant in it because of the smells.