Reviews of Radisson Hotel Edmonton South 4 stars

4440 Gateway Boulevard, Southeast Edmonton, T5R 1X2 Edmonton, Canada

#61 of 103 hotels in Edmonton

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

I liked most of staff except,one didn't seem as...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

Upon checking in, the lady at counter acted a little annoyed that we had a pet, "I didnt know you were bringing a dog " were her exact words. ( my booking was for 2 adults, 2 children age 10 yrs and a pet. Special instructions stated - we have a large dog and would like to be next to an exit for outdoor breaks.) So cant figure how she didnt know. Not the Radisson we were expecting. We normally stay at Radissons when we travel , this was definitely below standard for the name and what we're use too. Very dated. Air quality not great in our room. (Pet friendly room.) Carpet looked stained and dusty, She choose to put us ( 2 adults 2 children and a large dog) next to a room with a number of younger people, as we had a pet and had to stay on 1st floor . ( never heard of this one with Radisson before but make since I guess) the next door neighbors choose to break out into a yelling match, fight and argument again at 2:30 in the morning after what we assume was coming from a night on the town. Yelling up hallway as they entered. ( NOT staff's fault but again makes me wonder why they would choose to put a family next to them) it terrified our dog who decided the he could no longer sleep and shook the rest of the night making it a miserable night for my husband and I . No sleep. We were contemplated on calling front desk but as luck would have it, the children were still sleeping and we didnt even want to chance waking them up with another commotion ( fight had since subsided, only talking now). The pool was not up to expectations, very dated, 15 children in the pool and it looked crowded. The entrance of the pool area looks old and creepy, as my daughter said. There were no booklets or directions in any rooms to fine anything in hotel. Had to go to front desk. No pamphlets of any kind. The bed was horrible for me but husband loved how soft it was. Had to carry luggage up stairs to lobby from underground parking.

I liked most of staff except,one didn't seem as informative as the rest. She may have been new though. The rest were very helpful with my questions. Check out lady asked if I wanted some sort or compensation for issues. (wish she would not have asked and just gave it to us, but I'm thankful) . We received 25.00 off price of bill. Underground parking would be great in bad weather.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Gorgeous lobby, pub, restaurant.

N/a

Gorgeous lobby, pub, restaurant. Super cool how the pool is underground. Great parking and the room was huge. The staff was also so friendly and kind.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

cleanliness
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

wish i had longer stay time to try the facilities did not take breakfast option because it was expensive

cleanliness room staff fast check in and check out

I had stayed here before and was excited to take my daughter for her birthday,was very disappointed
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Shower curtain, tub had something brown on them. The floor was filthy, made our socks very dirty. Bed was hard. All pillows in the room were feather, asked for replacements as I am very allergic and they could only replace half, so I was quite stuffy and uncomfortable. Specifically called when booking to request upper floor with a balcony overlooking the atrium as it was for my daughter's birthday, upon arrival we were put on the ground floor, which wouldn't have been so bad, but there was a very loud humming from something outside of the room that came and went for the entirety of our stay and made it difficult to sleep. I would have requested a different room, but was told upon check in that the hotel was full.

The atrium was beautiful

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

No microwave in the room. I asked for one but at an extra cost. Parking lots were dirty. Hallways were always dirty & full of dirty room service dishes etc.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Only good was the breakfast.
    • Deluxe King Room with Sofa Bed

Worst Raddison that I have ever stayed at. Very dirty hotel not the Raddison quality. Lost some Laundry, tried to charge me double. Left a garment in the room took them 2 days to call back saying they could not find it. Will go back to staying at the Hyatt my next trip.

Only good was the breakfast.

More explanation when arriving.
    • Deluxe King Room with Sofa Bed

More explanation when arriving. We didn’t realized we needed to go on wifi to find out where everything was. We where expecting a book/binder with the hotel info.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Didn't like the Sleep number bed.

Didn't like the Sleep number bed. Couldn't get it to suit me. The lighting in the room is dim. Even with all the lights turned on. It was too dark.

Well located in south Edmonton with easy access to WEM,...

Quite noisy - able to hear neighbors and anyone talking in the hallway. Limited security - floors are supposed to be locked off in the evenings, but we constantly received multiple pizza/donair flyers under our door every night. I mentioned this to the front desk and they said they’d look into it, but it continued. Property is feeling a bit tired.

Well located in south Edmonton with easy access to WEM, Whyte Ave, and downtown. Room was quite large overlooking the atrium.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

good location, safe underground parking
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

The hotel is dated. When I stayed there for one night, the hotel had a major power outage from 9pm: half of the hotel had no power for several hours. The hotel gave us another room where there was power. Not a great experience.

good location, safe underground parking

Hire was very nice, clean and comfortable.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Proximity to Old Strathcona and South Common. Starbucks, Olive Garden, Superstore and many other amenities within a couple of blocks

Hire was very nice, clean and comfortable. Great value and will stay again in the future

All and all great stay
    • Deluxe King Room with Sofa Bed

The bed. I left with a kink in my back from a poor sleep. It’s a sleep number bed but the bed was extremely firm and hard to lay on even when adjusting to soft. The pillows were super soft with no firm ones in the room. Most places supply both. I had to stack 3 pillows to get any firmness.

Rooms were very spacious. Great variety at breakfast and great location

The beds were comfy, our room was large, parking was great,...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

It’s a bit outdated, and I wish the gym was open later than 10 pm. These are minor things, though.

The beds were comfy, our room was large, parking was great, and the staff were super friendly. It was nice to have a grocery store nearby, and there were lots of restaurants around.

Not sure if I will stay there again.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Information about the buffet breakfast could have been better. We were given vouchers for the adults for both days and told the kids would eat for free. The kids ages were provided at check in. Not the case as the kids over five got charged at the time of the breakfast. At the buffet we mentioned this to the server and were informed that over five get charged for the breakfast., At checkout we mentioned this and were told the kids over five got 50% off and we were charged the right amount. Also the kids breakfast was a different price on Sunday morning and Monday morning and if the kids did in fact get 50% doubling the kids breakfast buffet price would mean that the kids buffet was more costly then the adult buffet. The whole story sounded made up.

The rooms are spacious and clean

Nice location, private parking, great atmosphere...The price was right...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

They gave me a handicap room with bars and handles on toilet and in shower...Actually was a burden considering I did not need those items...I should have recieved a senior citizen discount as I had ammentities that I do not use.

extraordinary lobby and workout room

It’s perfectly situated for easy access out of the city and...
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I have spent approximately $25,200.00 Just for a room since 2014 and they still don’t know who I am; no greeting by name, no indication on my fine as to what room I like, no trust!!! I may have to find another hotel.

It’s perfectly situated for easy access out of the city and to any quadrant of the city.

The hotel is old, does not meet the Radisson standards, is...
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

The hotel is old, does not meet the Radisson standards, is definitely not worth it's 4 star rating, and all the comments about uncomfortable beds are true. They have an airbed system that adjusts the firmness of the mattress - The system is worn out, and no longer works. You're better off sleeping in a tent.

other then the difference in price this year and the bed comfort it was an amazing stay

I didn't like the new changes to the bed where you find your sleep comfort and I feel this stay was more pricey during my second stay there during the same weekend as last year but that could possibly be that prices went up.

I like that it so close to everything

A very enjoyable weekend
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

Would have been nice to have towels in the room when we got here and a little more lighting or an extra mirror in the room.

The lobby and Atrium area is quite impressive. The meeting room facilities were exceptional

Clean, convenient, friendly, reasonable price....everything I needed!
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The service was very friendly and quick. I didn't get the opportunity to try the brunch in the atrium, hopefully next time. I did find the brunch a little pricey though.

Met expectations

Nothing was disappointing

The parking and size of the room is a bonus. We love the location and the cleanliness of the room and will return when we have more medical appointments. Staff were stellar.

Restaurant and atrium very beautiful.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The bed was the most horrible uncomfortable bed I have ever slept on.. or tried to sleep. My husband and I were both very disappointed

Restaurant and atrium very beautiful. Great breakfast staff

One thumbs up
    • Deluxe King Room with Sofa Bed

Unless you have tickets for breakfast the Sunday brunch was very expensive at $35 per person.

The size of the room and bathroom was very good. Plenty of room for the four of us. The underground parking was great.

Criticism for you to imptobe
    • Deluxe King Room with Sofa Bed

Too much noise from the pipes. Shower was so so Buffett was boring after a few days No vegetetian options for sausages. System to get into underground parking didn't work one evening. Toilet glushet was stuck once. Do not disturb sign was removed from my door twice for no reason.

Rooms were spacious. Bed was comfottable

The renovated rooms were big and beautiful and the beds were...

Nothing I didn’t like’

The renovated rooms were big and beautiful and the beds were comfortable! The location was close to everything I needed and the heated underground parking was a wonderful unexpected surprise!

The breakfast was adequate.
    • Deluxe King Room with Sofa Bed

The breakfast was adequate. Fruit was not as fresh as it should be.I have stayed in most of the hotels in this area of the city as find this property is over priced for what it offers. I stayed here only because my trip was last minute and mo go tos, the Delta or the Sawridge were were booked.

The staff were absolutely horrible.

The staff were absolutely horrible. I’ve never been so disrespected and disappointed. In the director of rooms, Cindy’s words “mistakes happen.” Staff are rude and unhelpful. They refuse to fix any situation you bring to them. The Radisson is usually my choice stay with my partner, both in Edmonton and Calgary. I always book a deluxe king room at minimum. Unfortunately my overall experience during my latest stay the staff were incredibly rude. They overcharged my credit card and I called to inquire about it. They apologized and told me it would be refunded, moments later when I checked my credit card again I noticed they had charged the mistake amount again instead of refunding it. I called again and they said they would have the manger call me. Four days later and I still have not received a call from the manger. I called again to inquire about it and the employee I spoke to informed me that they had no record of the call or the note on file regarding the issue. I asked to speak to the manager and they told me he would call me. I called back later, because I still had not received a call. Cindy, the director of rooms inturupted me constantly and didn’t listen. She was very rude, cut me off and yelled at me over the phone. She then told me I would receive an email regarding the refund. Again I never received any email. I have all the calls on record on my phone, and they still deny that there was ever an issue. I have never been so disappointed in what used to be a wonderful hotel. I feel horribly disrespected and disappointed. I would never recommend the Radisson to anyone again.

Very basic, clean place to stay, albeit unimpressive
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The hotel and the rooms are old and outdated. The carpet desperately needs replacing. The rooms themselves could also use being updated. The whole place looks so dark and gloomy - even the atrium, which is full of nice plants and whatnot. The pub food was very disappointing! With such a small menu, you need to make a few things really well-made and delicious. The bedding also seems to be of such poor quality; it's a shame. There was no handout with useful information in the room. Who to call for what, what the cutoff times are for certain services, where to find certain things, etc. The underground parking is so poorly organized with terrible signage and confusing explanations from staff. It was such a hassle trying to find actual hotel parking underground, because it's mixed with other business' parking, and then to find your vehicle on your way out. We specifically asked for a microwave in our room, never received one, and then were still charged for the microwave at the end of our stay. Nowhere on the booking pages or on our confirmation did it ever even state that there was an extra charge for requesting a microwave. And $10 for a microwave? That's ridiculous. It should be standard to have one in a hotel room. For a room with double occupancy, one would also expect double of some basic necessities such as bath soap (I'd rather not share a bar of soap with a colleague), shampoo, conditioner. There was no lotion, no toothpaste, no mouth wash. The cups for coffee in the room all had old, cracked plastic lids. We were overcharged for our room at the end of our stay and had to show them our confirmation information in an email in order to have the total corrected.

The staff was friendly. The room seemed clean.

Was nice place just wasn't happy about the cleanliness of the room.

We had to pay extra for having a microwave, we found a baby soother under the bed and the disposable cups in the room were dirty, the next day housekeeping came to our room to clean up and left us new cups with lids however the cup lids were dirty with dry coffee on it. Not sure if they reuse items but we weren't happy with the cleanliness in our room unfortunately. We took the dirty cups and soother to the front desk and they receptionist said she would Mention it to the housekeeping. They next day same Thing though with the cups. .

The room was large.

Even with the reported issues i would still be happy to stay here again.
    • Standard Room

Blocked toilet in room on arrival (however fixed very promptly while we went to the pool) Bed mattress very uncomfortable due to it greatly sloping; I found myself rolling into the middle of the bed all night. $3 charge, added to room service food order, was not listed as a charge on the room service menu price list.

Great fitness centre, including pool. Underground parkade.Nice large room. Helpful staff.Room service food was nicely presented and tasted nice.

Not happy.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

Cleanliness. The house keeping did not change bed sheets. No toilet paper or napkin at room or bathroom even next day. Wi fi was not working. Even never say sorry for that. No microwave in the room. Coffee machine is very boor. Room very noizy when the heater start.

Room space is very good.

My home away from home!

The Radisson is my new place to stay when I come to Edmonton for work. The staff are caring and professional. The atmosphere is wonderful and welcoming and the whole facility is immaculate. My room (and that if previous stay) is very very clean. Beds are incredibly comfortable and although it was a busy venue, I found it quiet. In comparison to other hotels I've stayed at, and given it's next to a busy roadway, very quiet (was on street side this time on 4th floor) I appreciated the little things, like great tasting coffee, tv channels had many to select from and room service was very quick, friendly and THE best food I've ever had! I had the clubhouse with peach cobbler and a beer :) Best way to celebrate a long day at work. I appreciated that the kitchen was open late as I didn't get back to hotel until 9:30pm. Other hotels I've stayed at kitchen closed at 9 or 10.

After sleeping there the next day away I commented...
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Coffee needed help but the rest of the breakfast buffet was super. (Coffee at one of the convention catered meals same as breakfast - had a burnt taste or just rather bitter. Bunn coffee I recommmend.

After sleeping there the next day away I commented "wish we were back in that room cuz the bed was so comfortable and the linens even better."

Very happy with this hotel overall.

There was only one parking space available so they could use more parking.

The atrium breakfast buffet was fantastic. Nice indoor patio environment. Sleep number bed was a nice bonus.

Do not recommend it

Everything.. poor managent

The hotel is old with ugly rooms.. not even a bottle of water in the fridge.. the electronics in the room didnt work.. the customer service was poor.. i was told to go book some where else if i didnt like how the receptionist talked to me...

Nice rooms but music kept us up

I would have reccomended this hotel based on facilities alone as it was clean, comfortable and the location was great. I can't however because I couldn't fall asleep for several hours as the music from an ongoing event was loud enough I could hear the lyrics in our room. We actually knew most of the songs which wasn't terrible but this was not conducive to trying to get to sleep for an early morning.

Comfortable and clean. Quick check in.

The staff was friendly and seemed happy, and the hotel was...

I know it’s hard to control it but we had issues with parking, a couple people parked poorly, which is not the hotels fault. However, a trailer blocked our way around the building. We ended up having to park downstairs in the parkade and a staff member told us an f150 would fit, but unfortunately ours got pretty banged up coming out of the parkade. No issues going in though, not sure if the exit is a little lower, or if the angle had anything to do with it. Other than that, great stay, great food, great staff! Would stay here again.

The staff was friendly and seemed happy, and the hotel was really nicely decorated. Room was clean and large and had a good feel to it and my boyfriend and I really enjoyed it.

Great rooms, lots of space.

Great rooms, lots of space. Underground parking available which was great as we had a snow storm when I arrived. Friendly and courteous staff. Definitely book again at the Radisson Edmonton South

Easy location to get to. Took in a junior football game - great weekend holiday

No complaints

Bed was very comfortable and the location was great for the shopping we needed to do plus we were close enough to Whyte Ave to take advantage of your local restaurants and shops.

My new favorite place to stay when I'm in the city.

If there was anything, I would possibly say that the room service menu was a little expensive - that said... It was worth it!! The breakfast I had on my first morning was an amazing quiche. I loved it! For supper that night, I had a burger and fries. The burger was prime rib and SO DELICIOUS!! I also splurged and got the Saskatoon berry pie and a cocktail. The best pie (aside from Mom's of course) I've had! So flavourful and presentation of each meal was impressive. Quick delivery of room service was great and all staff were courteous.

The front desk staff were amazing, helpful, and quick. When I arrived there was quite a few check ins and they were so great. The room was big, AMAZING sleep number beds! The nicest bed I've slept in at a hotel! Although I didn't explore the rest of the facility, it seems very beautiful and a lot of effort was made to create a warming, and deluxe/fancy surrounding with the restaurants and pubs. I will certainly stay here again when I'm back in Edmonton. My new fav place in the city.

We were not treated respectfully.

The bed was hard, giving both my wife and I an uncomfortable night sleep. My wife had arrived to the hotel first, and was treated rudely due to the room being under my name. Even after providing all the required information, the desk clerk insisted on charging us an extra $200 in "hidden fees". Apparently we were foolish to think that the price given to us by booking.com was the actual price.

The room was clean. It's clear the housekeepers take pride in their work.

salt water pool and fitness room plus racquet ball courts...

The t.v. remote did not work well even with new batteries and the airco was rather noisey plus Gateway boulevard can be loud with cars and trains and motors

salt water pool and fitness room plus racquet ball courts plus small fridge in room.

I would difiently stay again. Great experience
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The coffee was a little strong for only 2 little creamers, that's all.

The hotel was easy to find. Close to the airport for traveling. Staff were awesome. Room was clean and neat.

The bedroom were large for a hotel room.

The beds were awful, the exterior of the hotel is filthy, the food at the dinner buffet ($29 per person) was terrible. The prime rib was well well done and the and the rest of the food was sub par at best. The parking was horrendous, there was apparently a Gala going on and thats why the parking was so bad but that being said if I'm paying guest i should not have to drive around 5 times to find a parking spot.

The bedroom were large for a hotel room.

Overall 7

Daughters Room service . Eggs Benedict were horrible and staff was difficult in getting it deleted from bill. When contacted, room service they said they would have deleted from bill after excessive discussion . It was not. Had to wait over 15 minutes at reception to get straightened out. Staff was unprofessional. My husband and I went to restaurant for breakfast . Water glass in table setting was dirty.Had to wait over 10 minutes for a waitress. The night before we had a late dinner, service and food was exceptional .

Comfort is beds

Stay was overall good.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Beds were very low grade and uncomfortable. Could feel the springs digging into my body. Bathtub was very small.

Staff was great. Loved the breakfast buffet. Room was fairly open and roomy. Very clean.

Alright

Our daughters loved the bunk beds but it was like they were sleeping in a closet =P I loved how we had 2 balconies (but one side didn't open) =P The breakfast buffet was nice, didn't get a chance to check out the rest of amenities.

Frustrating
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Key card would not open parking door. Sofa bed had no sheets. Had to make up myself. Toilet didn't flush properly. No wheelchair access to pool. Room smelled mustty. Smelled of smoke.

Staff were extremely friendly. Breakfast was lovely.

My 3 year old drank an old baby bottle with blue liquid, hotel did not care!
    • King Suite with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

My 3 year old was looking out the window into the courtyard while I was in the other room. She found a old baby bottle from a previous guest that had a strange blue liquid and drank some of it! I was so scared, I really was worried it was something that would hurt her. I kept an eye on her and made her stay up late to keep an eye on her to see if she had a tummy ache. I went down to the front desk and told the night clerk and said we should keep the liquid in case I had to take my daughter to the hospital. She wasn't too concerned, but said the manager would deal with it in the morning. The check out clerk didn't care at all, said because I booked through booking.com he wasn't planning on doing anything. He gave me a card for a free upgrade, but I may not be back. It would have been nice for someone to care about my little girl, I had a horrible night and kids were yelling in the halls and in the courtyard so I was so tired this morning. I have had problems at hotels before, even though I booked through booking.com they still cared more than the staff at the Raddison. Sad because last time we had a great stay. I am stubborn, if I'm not treated like I matter I won't return.

I came for a girls night with my three daughters ages 3, 8 and 16. We were so excited, we went for dinner and rushed back for 15 min swim, since the pool is only open until ten, even on a Friday night. We had a spa bath in our room, was a very nice room.

Disappointed.

The 1st line on booking .com describing their hotel is about the gym and exercise facility they have . my daughter is 16 she works out all the time this is why we picked this hotel. She got up to exercise ,they would not let her. As she is not 18. No where in the hotel description does it mention this !

Good value

The bed was not comfortable (for us). I am sure some folks like a hard bed but it was too hard for us.

The front staff was wonderful. The room was large and clean.

Wasn't memorable given the name of the hotel.
    • Queen Room

Staff not very friendly. I met one guy from Eastern Europe who was very friendly but Reception staff I found distant. they put a family in a room with one sink. ONE SINK!! and no microwave.

The room was ok

Me and my girls ...spa bath and YTV
    • King Suite with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

Was a little cold by the time it arrived. My teenager was devastated that they were out of the brownie...

I like that when we ordered room service for breakfast, it came with a coffee carafe, real cream and brown and white sugar.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

Terrible service, dirty, inconvienet and not at all professional.

They gave the King Deluxe room away I had previously booked since they failed to assign a room to my name. With no other rooms available when we arrived after midnight, we were forced to stay in the conference room behind the office in a queen bed which was situated in a tight closet like quarters. The front desk was hesitant to give us that space regardless of the sircumstances since he claimed he needed a room also. He also failed to advise us of any facilities or times. When we asked if there was anything to eat he told us to try McDonalds around back there somewhere, waving his hand around wherever. With such a large event in the area, there was no openings anywhere in the city. The washroom in the room given was dirty behind the door (hair and dirt), there was what appeared to be dried food on the wall near the bathroom light switch and on the wall near the mirror. There was gravel on the carpets near the windows as well. We had no privacy since the large storefront type windows in the room allowed viewing into the room from from most angles unless we had the curtains drawn tight. The following morning after we checked out we checked our CC transactions as we were commuting home to find we had been charged twice for the room, once at 7:30am and again at 10:28am when we actually checked out. I called to speak with the supervisor who told me she just needed to take the call in the other room away from the front desk, she then put me on hold for 18 minutes before I finally hung up the phone. We had to turn around and drive 1.5 hours back to collect the additional charges. When we arrived back I demanded all funds be returned due to all the inconveniences. I would not stay here ever again and would rather advise people to stay away.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

Generally good. Would recommend if asked. Room doors should be checked to ensure quiet operation
    • Standard Room

I was in room 280. The door next to mine 278 was in desperate need of attention as the hinges were unbearably loud. There was a group of people on my floor going in and out constantly all the time. Shrimp Creole OK, way too much garlic in sauce, bread better if toasted

Very nice staff and beautiful room. Not used to the adjustable bed but everything else was top notch
    • King Suite with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

Taps all leaked and the bed was difficult to sleep in.

The atrium was great. The room was very clean and Rico was a nice concierge. Jacuzzi was fantastic.

Staff was not accommodating when we seen our room was not what we wanted after using booking.com.
    • Queen Room

Booking should not say that a queen room will fit 2 adults & 2 kids!!! It should put it down for 2 queen beds. We asked for a cot and it wasn't ready when we arrived. Plus never have I been to a hotel where my 14 yr old can't go in the pool alone! The staff could of been more friendly and helpful. When you arrive late with kids who are hungry and tired a little help would have been appreciated. We will never stay here again!

Good location and good price
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The beds were not great: a bit old and the bedsheets were not covering the entire beds so our toes would touch the mattress.

Good location and good price

Okay stay
    • King Suite with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

Room was over hot eventhough we adjusted the temperature multiple times, roof graters kept falling out of the roof, outlets in entire rooms wouldnt hold plugs in properly. Overall okay stay but not the best.

Beds super comfy. Layout was nice

As nice as the main floor atrium was .
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

As nice as the main floor atrium was ... our nightmare was in our room. Our bathroom didn't work. The toilet on the first flush showed a clogged toilet and then the water started coming up through the tub. The gurgling went on all night. Brown water coming up from the tub. We requested a plunger and tried for almost an hour to clear it with No luck. As it was late when this occurred, staff provided us a key to another room down the hall to use as a washroom. No apology or offer to compensate us was made in any way. Quite disappointing

Romantic and the best hotel decision we have made to date.
    • King Suite with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

A couple of the pancakes got a little hard from sitting a bit too long but that was it.

The breakfast selection was marvelous fresh and changed daily. Staff was always friendly and interested in our well- being. I had a touch of sun stroke the first day and had to leave my man in the pub to finish his food as I went to bed. The waitress expressed concern. The next day she came around and asked how I was doing. The real plants in the courtyard space and the fountain for charitable causes make for a beautiful scene from the balcony.

An Okay Hotel; Shame About the Carpets
    • Standard Quadruple Room

This looks like a busy hotel, so I don't want to be unfairly critical, but I have to say the carpets (hall & room) in this place were atrocious. Stained, dingey. They looked like they'd previously been used at a construction site or an old flea-bag motel. Old and simply unkempt. The area surrounding is a bit industrial... run down... although not too far from better attractions and neighborhoods. So not a big deal.

The atrium in the hotel was pleasant. Staff was friendly and helpful. The bar inside the hotel was cool and served a good selection of spirits, beer, and wine. Notably, Creemore Springs on tap! Bonus! Rooms were standard for that level of hotel. Nothing to write home about, but nothing to complain about either.

sharing my stay experience in raddison Edmonton
    • Queen Room

the washrooms were poor . our friends washroom wasn't flushing and ours was plugged . need to change the system from older to the newer one. No complaint about cleanliness and the comfort in the room though. Towels should be taken away when over flown toilets are fixed and replaced by new folded towels. rest is good.

Rooms were good size . enough for one family. service was prompt.

Decent place price is okay if they would update showers and carpet it would be worth it then.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Carpet needs to be redone it's in poor shape need better TV service more channels ate at the Humpty's across the street it was garbage.

Very comfortable bed underground parking great for next time when I take my motorbike.

5.5
    area
    • Standard Room

Prices change at the last minute without my knowledge, the hotel restaurant was not the best, the hotel carpets are dirty the area where bedding was kept was absolutly disgusting. big disappointment

area

Dark and Dingy
    • King Suite with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

The overall atmosphere of the hotel was disappointing. It felt sketchy and depressing. We booked the hotel for the Jacuzzi tub, which was a bit small, and the room just felt unwelcoming. There was also a cup of water on the table when we arrived, like someone was already staying there. Plus, the barely-any-windows wasn't wonderful. I left feeling sad and underwhelmed.

The front desk staff were extra friendly and welcoming.

It was a good experience staff were very friendly, hotel was a bit older so therefore a bit raggidy
    • Queen Room

The bed was quite uncomfortable even with a remote operated bed softness control. Older hotel so more raggity than originally thought. Pool was not clean, the bottom of the pool was very slimy. Sauna wasn't working. The price I paid was fair but ultimately could have gotten room at a better hotel for the same price. (What's done is done)

We upgraded our room and received free breakfast vouchers for every morning we stayed. The breakfast served was pretty good. The staff were also helpful and friendly!

The food preparation, presentation, quality, and setting in...
    • Standard Room

While it was nice to have underground heated parking (essential in the winter), there was not great signage to point to the elevator after you park your car.

The food preparation, presentation, quality, and setting in the indoor atrium were outstanding and makes me consider at least the international Radissons as the hotels of choice.

Lovely hotel for affordable stay!!!!

The in dining room service charged too much for 3 kids chicken fingers & fries. We were charged for adult pricing for the 3 meals. Didn't notice until it was too late to ask for a price change on my bill... so if ordering from room service check bill closely!

The bed was very comfortable & the price was perfect!!! Would definitely stay there again at that price!!!

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

The room was conveniently located near parking and near...
    • Standard Room

We would have appreciated the opportunity for an early check in, but understand it was a busy weekend.

The room was conveniently located near parking and near ice/vending machines. The room was surprizingly quiet. The bed was very comfortable. The staff were very helpful.

4.0
    Don't pay cash
    • Standard Room

There wasn't much to like! Restaurants within the facility are substandard. I booke with a credit card but when I arrived I chose and they accepted cash only blocking an amount off reg card. I drew cash periodically to pay in . No receipts were issued and the last payment in cash that I made was not posted to my bill. The reception staff as far as I'm concerned are downright dishonest. They wouldn't let me see the security camera footage.

One amazing hotel

I didn't like that you didn't have a choice to rent movies or not and the outside of mg bedroom there were a lot of birds sitting on it and the deliver to the room for room service was a little high I think

I like how amazing the gym and pool was the comfort of the beds were awesome

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

Comfortable, but nothing special

I put on a pair of socks when I got into the hotel room, and when I went to take them off before my shower, there was hair of all sorts on my socks, it's not my hair because my head is nearly shaved. My credit card charged a damage deposit that I was not told about. Had to go down to front desk to sort that out. In the morning, the $26 breakfast was mediocre and about 12 mins late. The eggs Benny was very plain. The hollandaise tasted like it came out of a package. The potatoes were okay. For a King Room, the tub was very small.

I enjoyed the sleep number bed. And the large t.v. didn't have a chance to check out any of the facilities. The front desk and room service staff was very nice and easy to speak with.

Bad experience with booking.com this time around

Our reservation was lost (booked through Booking.com) The front desk staff told us there was only 1 room left and it was a Business suite. I went on Booking.com and there were 5 rooms still available. It seemed like he was trying to take advantage of the situation.

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

Definite must!
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Spa Bath

The pool was under construction and It never advertised on the website or when I checked in.

The spa bath in the room was wonderful! Amazing breakfast buffet complimentary with the stay!! Best I've had!