Reviews of Ramada by Wyndham Cornwall 3 stars

805 Brookdale Avenue, K6J 4P3 Cornwall, Canada

#4 of 12 hotels in Cornwall

Will not return

Bed was squeaky. doors dirty. carpet old and dirty. noise other guests. smoke alarm chirpy. Not worth the money at all.

Staff in restaurant were very nice.

I booked a Business King suite and at first they gave me a...
    • Business King Room

I booked a Business King suite and at first they gave me a room with two double beds... then they gave me a room with Two queens and said that’s All they had. No reimbursement offered except water and toiletries which were never supplied.

Passing through
    • Room with Two Queen Beds

Great location with easy access to the hwy 401 and the bridge to the USA. Restaurants and shops within walking distance of hotel. Good value for the money with a great hot breakfast included in the price.

great, if I need to stay in Cornwall again, that's where I'll stay...
    • Room with Two Queen Beds

The only negative thing I would have to say is that there should be a bathroom and a place to change in the pool area... Not everyone wants to walk around the hotel hallway in their swimwear...

Nice big swimmingpool, with terrace at the back so we could also go outside was really great, well thought out! :) Breakfast was more generous than I expected! :)

The staff were extremely friendly and helpful.
    • Room with Two Queen Beds

The carpet in the stairwells was old and had a very bad smell to it. This was a strong smell that filled the entire entrance and is the only access point to the guests' rooms.

The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The morning breakfast was very good with choices of both hot and cold items.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Overall it was fair but not likely to stay again - very overpriced.
    • Business King Room

Needs an upgrade - getting to be a bit old. Breakfast was terrible - poor selection - overcooked eggs and lousy ham.

Comfy bed. nice room. clean bathroom.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Met our needs, Rooms were clean.
    • Room with Two Queen Beds

Pool was freezing. But it’s very big. Gym was better than most but bad hours, Friday doesn’t open until 0800!

The main lobby and breakfast area have been updated and are clean, stairwells and hallways desperately need updating. Room was clean and ok. Breakfast had a lot of choices, fresh fruit too. Wishing walking distance of a few dinner options, short drive to others.

Good location, Very overpriced

The hotel is definitely not worth the prices paid. The rooms were comfortable but the carpets are threadbare and the coffee machine looked like it was from the early 80's. There was no elevator available so we had to carry our significantly heavy luggage up a flight of stairs. The 3pm check in staff at reception were very matter of fact and not very welcoming but the staff member on the evening shift was very friendly and more than helpful on recommendations about the town of Cornwall.

The location was perfect for us and the parking was great.

Pleasant stay.

Carpets in the corridors looked generally worn and dirty (heavily trafficked), smelt damp. General appearance in corridors dated. Stairwells smelt musty or damp. Unusual choice for breakfast

Overall very good experience.
    • Executive Room with Two Queen Beds

Not enough towels in the bathroom for our family of 4. Our room was a LONG walk from any entrance and I would have appreciated a closer room. No elevator, so I struggled with heavy luggage up steep stairs.

Overall very good experience. Breakfast was very good and well attended.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Staff provided us with a downstairs room as we are seniors.

Staff provided us with a downstairs room as we are seniors. We were just there overnight, so didnt spend much time there, but it was very good for what we required.

Cornwall Comfort
    • Business King Room

Would have liked to have a microwave and a kettle as we don't drink coffee and using the coffee makers for hot water for tea just doesn't work (always end up with coffee flavoured tea).

Comfortable rooms & beds. Nice to have a room with a fridge. Nice size bathroom, very clean and very friendly staff.

It was very clean, the breakfast is nice, room was well...

It was very clean, the breakfast is nice, room was well priced. We had a deluxe king room with ample space to relax. Pool area is also well maintained

Disappointed!
    • Room with Two Queen Beds

I already said above. The room was very small to maneuver with a walker. It was close to the lobby and restaurant for breakfast.

My granddaughter enjoyed the pool but the water was too cold for me.

Glad it was only one night too much money fot what we got

No elevator had to carry everything up 15 steps . The rugs in main halls so dirty . Lo g walk to breakfast and lobby pool and fitness . Very hard to find entrance to Hotel address not marked on building TV had no guide channel said New server does not have it

Breakfast was nice lobby Nice close to restraunts

swimming pool
    • Business King Room

I paid online for a room with 2 beds and it was only one bed and a sofa, my children had to sleep on it, they did not offer another room, just a simple apology.

swimming pool

Very pleased; hope it will become an annual stop over for us as we drive from New Brunswick to home.

Room very quiet and clean, and a good night's sleep was wonderful. The breakfast was ready when we were there in the morning, very good; thank you!

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Two-day get away
    • Business King Room

Tv channel package was lousy. Bath towels were rather small. Musty smelling due to heat wave & age of bldg. Heated pool was rather cold. Didnt appreciate the new $100.hold on funds for smoking & pets.

Super comfortable bed. Walking distance to stores & restaurants, decent breakfast, nice pool, nice staff, large comfortable room. Nice backyard view. Quick service.

This was a great stop for us and I believe that we will return.

I felt that the carpeting needed cleaning (it was not filthy) and hallways needed some painting (connecting doors) and carpet cleaning. I realize that during high season this is impossible to carry out.

The bed was very comfortable. The room had two comfortable chairs and table in a sitting area plus a computer chair and table.

Hot breakfast advertised but only got whole eggs and pieces...
    • Room with Two Queen Beds

Hot breakfast advertised but only got whole eggs and pieces of ham-disappointing. I expected sausage or bacon and cooked eggs ie. scrambled. According to the sign it appeared you had to pay extra for that. At $170 a night that's the least you should get

It worked as an overnight stop on our road trip
    • Room with Two Queen Beds

The breakfast was mediocre. The eggs tasted strange. There was no bacon. Our 7 year old son like the waffles but my wife and I didn’t find the breakfast very appetizing. Overall, there was no added value to having “Free Breakfast”

The pool

Excellent we will be back
    • Room with Two Queen Beds

Breakfast was excellent and hot to hotel after a long day of travel and was able to extend our Check out by a hour to allow swing and get ready for another day of driving

Short visit.

Carpets a little tired but clean. Exit stairwells had a smell that while sort of sweet it reminded me of urinal pucks. Probably not what you were going for.

Good shower, comfortable bed. Staff pleasant and helpful. Pool and hot tub clean. Convenient to a number of restaurants and other shopping for any needs you may have. Will be back next time in Cornwall.

Friendly staffs,very good location!

The breakfast room was too small and always busy.

Staffs were very friendly, breakfast was very good, carpark was perfect and safety, swimming pool and a gym-room was good and clean.

The bed was comfortable
    • Business King Room

We booked ahead for a king room and were given a queen. They moved us to a king room but it was at the farthest possible spot on the second floor of a 2 storey walk up. They were willing to help move our stuff but it was very inconvenient after a 14 hour drive.

The bed was comfortable

Short but not very sweet.
    • Room with Two Queen Beds

Darkness of the hallways and rooms were depressing. Facilities need refreshing and brightening.

Bathroom in dire need of updating and more thorough cleaning. Sink faucets and counters were old in appearance. Entire room could also be revitalized with new furnishings. My wife and I were only there for a quick overnight rest. Hallways and rooms are dark and melancholy. Could be excellent accommodations with refurbishing.

Wonderful weekend @ Ramada by Wyndham Cornwall
    • Room with Two Queen Beds

Swimming pool hours could be extended to mid night or open 24 hours.

Really good place to stay and enjoy your weekend. Location is very convenient, close to shopping mall and restaurant. The staff are very helpful and friendly. Breakfast hours (6:30-9:30) is good. Swimming pool is in good condition to enjoy. Available parking spot close to your room. I liked that place and my kids really enjoyed there.

Clean, comfortable and quiet room

Unfortunately my room was very far away from the front desk and I have mobility issues. I did not have a car so it was too far for me to walk to go for my free breakfast. Also the tub was a soaker tub and I found it difficult to get in and out of to take a shower. No "free" water as advertised.

Bed Was really comfortable. Comfortable chairs and desk to write and read at.

The bed was very comfortable and the room spacious.
    • Executive King Room with Fireplace

My key card stopped working twice in the 4 days I was there.

The bed was very comfortable and the room spacious. Complementary breakfast was real fresh prepared food.

spoilt by a spring mattress

what I did not like while we slept in a comfy bed my son had the sofa bed with a spring mattress that was so uncomfortable he could not sleep ..and when he turned the spring squeaked..so no one had a good night sleep

room washroom and bed very clean ..staff very nice ,,breakfast was very nice they had plenty of choice of food to eat ..wait staff where very nice and helpful ...

Room was very clean, old but still functionable.

Room was very clean, old but still functionable. Linens and pillows good quality but the bed was very hard. Staff was very helpful and friendly, would stay again.

Loved it - would defiantly stay again

While having breakfast we were approached by the staff and handed a paper and asked if we could fill it out so they’ll know how many guests were served. On the paper it had a space for our room #, a space for Tip amount and a space for our signature. We felt like we were being asked to leave a tip for our breakfast.

The room was very spacious and comfortable. Had several little extras, such as a robe & toiletries.

Terrific value and perfect location for travel to and from the US.
    • Executive King Room with Fireplace

We stop at the Ramada in Cornwall several times a year and have seen consistent upgrades every time we go. The staff are always professional and friendly. Would highly recommend.

Nice room.

Nice room. pool wasn't the greatest and hard with little kids. Breakfast was crowded and had to wait for refill of eggs and sausages- but good food. Room was newly renovated but could see some construction still needing to be finished and door between rooms didn't really close. yet clean and comfy bed

Way overpriced for a lower-than-average quality hotel.

The infrastructure of the building is old and tired. It’s obvious that cosmetic renovations and repairs were done quickly and shoddily. The ‘free’ breakfast selection was poor.

The staff were pleasant and friendly. The bed was comfortable.

I can't wait for my next stay again only longer.

There wasn't a thing for me to complain about, staff were very friendly and helpful. Room was comfortable. Next time I stay I will bring bathing suit to swim in indoor pool and running to exercise in exercise room. Breakfast was included and met my needs but next I would like to try dining room. My only complaint was that my schedule only allowed me one nights stay.

I was tired on arrival but bed hugged me and provided a good nights sleep.

Hotel and room more than ok for the price.
    • Room with Two Queen Beds

Not a great location for leisure. But I guess Cornwall is not a touristic destination anyway...

Hotel and room more than ok for the price. Clean and convenient.

Clean and staff were courteous and attentive.
    • Room with Two Queen Beds

The noise. Walls are paper thin and our room was beside a conference room in which a session was taking place. The fan on the heater was so loud it woke me up every time it went on.

Clean and staff were courteous and attentive.

Very enjoyable!
    • Executive King Room with Fireplace

Bathroom fan didn't work and had some mold on it. Also the bedside electric "fireplace" had a noisy fan that took away from the ambience... Did not like hotel policy that redirected woman with a service dog from entering at main entrance to a side door.

The bed was so very comfortable and the catered dinner was excellent!

The room was great!

Breakfast was to be included and when we went down Saturday morning at 1030am everything had been cleaned up

The room was great! Comfy beds and nice bathroom

My Cornwall goto

Missed the complimentary collies this time around

It’s my second time in 3 weeks. It’s the staff that makes the difference always willing to go the extra mile!

Staff were super friendly.

Hotel is a little tired looking but great value for money and seems like they are working on updating the rooms.

Staff were super friendly. Bed was clean and comfortable. Excellent breakfast included.

We were impressed, definitely will be back, for a longer stay next time.

Too busy to enjoy the pool and slept in so missed breakfast 😔 having the breakfast run a little later would be awesome.

The bed was amazing and the front desk clerk was top notch! I’d rank her as the best I’ve ever dealt with...definitely a keeper.

It was excellent with great customer service!

The only thing was that our room was quite far from the front desk but that was only it! The hotel experience was great and we will definitely be back in the future. Thank you for a well deserved rest!

The bed was comfortable and the pillows were great! I would stay there again. The location was great also with all the shops across the street. It was a nice place to get some rest and relaxation. We also went to restaurant Vieux Duluth across the street wonderful. I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

Tired in, tired out.

Very loud heating unit in the room. Woke me up up each time it went on. No possibility to turn off the fan without turning off heating altogether. Thermostat did not have that option. The on/off cycle kept me awake.

Staff in breakfast room.

does not live up to it's claims.

being asked to sign for free breakfast hotel is in much need of renovation: heating system sounds like a plane taking off when it comes on and kept my husband and I awake; carpets are ancient, lighting inadequate in exercise room; claims it has a restaurant and a bar in the hotel when it doesn't. Needs updating for electronic equipment that most people travel with these days.

Our stay was great, would stay here again. Good value.
    • Room with Two Queen Beds

Beds could be more comfortable but were decent.

Hotel room was clean and comfortable and buffet breakfast had good options available, eggs, sausage, waffles, toast, muffins, fruit, yogurt, cereal, coffee, etc.

We enjoyed our stay and would stay at this hotel again
    • Room with Two Queen Beds

The door to our cupboard didn’t stay closed so we had to put the garbage can up against it to keep it closed.

The room was very clean and the staff were helpful.

We were upgraded from the Junior to the luxury suite since...

The common areas (corridor, lobby, pool) look old & worn. The breakfast area was overcrowded and we had to wait for a table, then wait in line for the breakfast buffet, etc. It's too small considering the hotel's room capacity.

We were upgraded from the Junior to the luxury suite since the hotel was extra busy, which was very nice. The suite was large & cozy, with a fireplace, spa bathtub and reasonably sheltered from the noise of a teenage hockey tournament. The room was nicely renovated and very clean. Ideal for traveling with a young child.

The room smelled really musty , we had to call front desk to refresh and get rid of the smell.
    • Executive Room with Two Queen Beds and a Fireplace

I attended a wedding,it looks like the drinks were watered down. They didn't taste like a mixed drink one usually orders and after 15 when one doesn't feel any effect...there could be a there there

Good :)
    • Room with Two Queen Beds

There's not too much to do around, but the hotel is pretty good.

Everything was good. The staff was nice, the breakfast is average (nothing special but pretty ok). The room were pretty clean, the pool is nice and the gym is ok. Great stay, worth the money.

Everything was excellent.
    • Room with Two Queen Beds

Our room was near a large group of people who were partying and kept my young child up way past her bedtime due to the noise.

The staff was very friendly and made it more comfortable.

Was extremely good!
    • Room with Two Queen Beds

The staff were all very pleasant. The restaurant staff were exceptional on Sunday morning trying to accommodate all the people that were there for breakfast. I think 9 AM was peak time for many.

Almost fully renovated.
    • Business King Room

Breakfast is nothing special - and there is no elevator. Doorways and stairs were missed in the recent renovation.

Clean, newly renovated rooms, friendly staff.

Good overall, but could improve with a few updates to the building.

Not enough seating in the breakfast area. Pool area windows and pool tiles need cleaning or updating. Hallways are very dark and old feeling

Staff was very nice and accommodating. Room was clean and spacious. Lobby was inviting.

I slept quite well and enjoyed the breakfast.

pillows were too big for me. i like a flatter pillow. staircase needed painting. Sofa dirty looking. I didn't want to touch it.

nice breakfast, comfortable bed.

Ok
    • Room with Two Queen Beds

I booked our room through the hotel website online. No option for military, CAA or senior discount. When we checked in I told the front desk that we had all three of these but was told because we booked online they would not discount our rate. I booked through your website so this soured my experience as I'm sure something upon checking could have been done for us. Very disappointed

An excellent place to stay.
    • Business King Room

A very nice hotel with modern facilities. The hotel and room were clean with very helpful staff. We had a great meal at the restaurant next to the hotel.

not happy
    • Room with Two Queen Beds

the wifi in the hotel was the worst wifi i have experienced ever. I tried walking around to see if there's more signal but it was just bad. Need to make sure that we getup early in the morning and go for breakfast. the dining area is so small that we had to wait for 10 min with our food in hand. overall the breakfast experience was bad. hard to relax and eat when other guests are walking around looking for a place to sit, so we finished soon and walked out from there.

The front staff was friendly. the pool was nice and clean.

Good place to stop on the way through.
    • Room with Two Queen Beds

Would have liked to have a freezer in the fridge so I could have refroze my ice packs for the rest of our trip

Room was very spacious and it had a fridge. Lots of restaurant options close by

generally, very good
    • Executive Room with Two Queen Beds and a Fireplace

Everything at this hotel was perfectly fine except for the odd arrangement with respect to the pool/outside patio area. Once you go outside, you can't get back in except by walking a great distance.

Very pleasant and comfortable. Bed's where very cozy.
    • Room with Two Queen Beds

Carpets are a lil old and very stained and dirty. In the pool area the floors are very slippery when wet. Both my grandchildren slipped and fell. Still enjoyed the pool.

The breakfast in the morning, and really enjoyed the pool.

A good stopover on a road trip
    • Room with Two Queen Beds

The location is a bit awkward being right on the roundabout and it's a few minutes off the highway.

We've stayed here before while traveling to and from the Maritimes. It's a clean and friendly hotel with decent facilities.

The hotel and room were clean and tidy.
    • Room with Two Queen Beds

The breakfast area is small and not inviting.

The hotel and room were clean and tidy. It should be noted that there are no elevators but they have staff available to help carry bags.

Pleasant overnight stay on our way back from vacation.
    • Room with Two Queen Beds

The only complaint was the noise in the room next to ours: there was a family with little kids being loud, and trying to open the door between our rooms. As the hotel was fully booked, we couldn't switch room.

Nice indoor pool. Breakfast was included and surprisingly good, perfect eggs, bacon, my daughters could make their own fresh waffles, a variety of fruits, juices, bread, cereals, pastries, yogurts. The room was spacious and clean.

not worth cosst not what you expect a Ramada to be
    • Executive Room with Two Queen Beds

bathroom wall paper coming off all walls, bathroom door bottom all split and jagged painted over , inside room door plaster patched not painted at door frame, hall carpets stained in light area of pattern change all hallways had same staining mild to dark stains . Needs up keep, stairwell going outside mold smelling.

breakfast, pool

Breakfast and bed were excellent

During breakfast the waitress told us that "management was trying to get a count of how many showed up for the complementary breakfast to help them order food." We were asked to complete a short questionnaire. However, this was simply a "ploy"to draw our attention to leaving a tip for the waitress where,if we wished, we could add it to our room bill.I left a tip but didn't complete the form.

Breakfast and bed were excellent

Great stay and when I come back to Cornwall I will look at the Ramada again for my hotel experience.
    • Business King Room

The doors to the handicapped room could have been a little wider for my wheelchair.

Staff very friendly and accommodating. They were able to answer my questions. The Room was very nice, quiet and relaxing.

I am LESS than impressed with this experience.
    • Executive Room with Two Queen Beds

I am LESS than impressed with this experience. First off we had traffic coming from the city and called to say we would be arriving late. The room was SPECIFICALLY booked for FIVE people and we got to the hotel and the VERY ROUGH looking male that served us (scruffy, scary looking, long bearded, dishevelled-shirt not fully tucked in etc) and he seemed unenthusiastic about his job for sure, but then we drove around the far side of the building to have to walk up the stairs (because there is no elevator) with a fused ankle in our midst and 7 pieces of luggage) to finally get to our room down two more long hallways only to open the door and find two double beds and no bed for my son!! When I called the font desk he seemed extremely put out and argued with me that I booked for 5ppl and begrudgingly said he would try to find a roll-away cot which he brought to us and it barely fit in the room making the room extremely cramped for all of us!! :( THEN we got up this morning prior to 8:30 to the sound of vacuuming going in the hallway outside Again LESS than impressed!! So we made out way down to the "buffet breakfast" where we stood in a line at a horribly set-up "buffet" for over half an HOUR to finally get our breakfast (Which I had made a special request for low fat milk due to an intolerance-that was also not met). So by the time we finally got to eat they were closing down the buffet. Honestly the experience for this hotel all the way around is HORRIBLE!!! I would like to know how we will be compensated for all of this.... not good!! :( :(

bad experience while checking in the hotel,, i showed the...
    • Room with Two Queen Beds

bad experience while checking in the hotel,, i showed the print on confirmation , they informed no such booking in their system was made by us through booking .com , we had to wait for more than a half an hour and i had to call booking.com customer service again i had to wait to get hold off,, finally told my issue and after one hour we finally got the room, this is not what i expected from booking.com...

I didn't like how the ground around the pool was...
    • Executive Room with Two Queen Beds and a Fireplace

I didn't like how the ground around the pool was slippery... My son fell and he was running, I also didn't like they didn't offer life jackets for kids

Our one night stay was comfortable. We would stay at this hotel again.
    • Executive Room with Two Queen Beds and a Fireplace

The free breakfast was not very good and the coffee was terrible. There were a lot of alcohol bottles and cans and pizza boxes outside of some guest rooms when we arrived that were still there in the morning.

Nice size room with comfortable beds. Free Wifi worked really well. Bathroom was great - clean with good amenities and the shower was excellent.

• Executive King Room with Sofa Bed

Got a very quiet end room on the second floor; very easy to fall asleep; no concerns. A very nice variety of foods for breakfast, and extremely helpful staff at the front desk. I don't travel very often, so this signing in and paying etc., is not second nature, so I really appreciated the help the guys at the desk gave me. Thank you!

Room, reception and breakfast area are nice,hallways and stairwells need updating- no elevator

While the room, reception area and restaurant were nice, the stairwells were old and had a musty smell. We were in a room on the second floor and it was a bit of a maze to get to the restaurant in the morning.

The room was nice and clean. There were a lot of restaurant choices within a walking distance. The breakfast was good at the onsite restaurant. There are 2 floors and no elevator so request a lower floor if you don't want to carry your things up a flight of stairs.

Second stay. Still thumbs up.

The air conditioning was very loud. They need to shampoo the carpeting more often than they do. It was pretty dirty.

The breakfast was really good and the staff were great. The room was typical.