Reviews of Ramada by Wyndham London 3 stars

817 Exeter Road, N6E 1W1 London, Canada

#31 of 40 hotels in London

• Business King Room - Non-Smoking

Unfortunately the hair dryer was damaged, the toilet ran several times until we fixed it. The coffee maker still had coffee grounds in it from a previous quest. The back entrances need a little care.

The bed was very comfortable. I have had trouble sleeping but bed made me sleep like a baby. Staff very pleasant.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We have no complaints about our brief stay here. We arrived late and checked out early so we didn’t use much of the facility. It was a very good value and suited our needs perfectly.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The outside looked like it needed a paint job...as my daughter said that isn't the same picture we saw when we booked. Inside was clean at first glance but when you got to the room not so much. It was clean but my daughters sheets had stains on them...gross! She didn't tell me until we left, she was staying in with her aunt. Some of the lights didn't work, we had to go get Toilet paper and tissues..not enough in the room. It was very noisy in the halls, we were next to an exit and people weren't very quiet. It looked like construction was being done on our floor at the other end of the hall.

It's location! Inside was pretty and looked clean at first glance. Our rooms were connected!

The Eggs - Yuck!

How friendly and helpful the staff were. Thank you for the extra effort and help me book my Uber rides. Thank you so very much Eden !

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The bed was a little too firm for my taste and there was a lot of noise early in the morning from large trucks leaving their parkibg lot.

The staff was super nice and accomodating.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No privacy while in the pool area and it was pretty dirty on the exterior grounds,the public washroom really stunk.

I did like that it had a pool for my grandson could swim

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

1. There should be more than one agent present for the graveyard shift at the Front Desk so that rooms could be inspected at check-out efficiently . This would also take the pressure off of the agent in terms of accountability, it is a more secure manner of operation, causes the check-out process to run more smoothly, increases employee morale, increases productivity and hotel ratings. 2. An elevator would also be convenient. 3. Signage to locate the Front Desk, from the perspective of the guest room corridors to the Front Desk area. 4. The lounge area could be updated with small yet inexpensive changes e.g. new carpet, fresh paint to lighten the ambience, fresh flowers, light music, sweet fragrance.

The Front Desk Personel were polite and helpful. The check-in and check-out process was good. The room was clean and organised. The microwave in my room was an added delight.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

When I arrived at 3AM I was meet with 5 star service and courtesy. Up the stairs and through the halls this hotel is noticable solid. Very clean and robust

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Hotel overall a bit dated, was noisy at first as we were right beside a stairwell but that entrance was locked after 10pm so was quiet after that

The bathroom was recently renovated so was very clean and fresh Great location for that end of the city and the price was very good

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room was very cold, no insulation around heater. Air from outside blowing in. Housekeeper tried three times between 930 am and 11 to get in our room. Check out was 12. I told her after the first time I would let her know when we were checked out. First night there was told they put water in pool so it was cold after I complained.( I had called ahead to make sure pool was warm enough with little ones) other guests also complaining and talked to one guest who had been there for a week said the pool had been cold all week. I booked this hotel for two nights because of the pool with young children. Very disappointed..

The beds were comfortable. Liked having a fridge and microwave.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Couldn’t even pay more for a late checkout. My gf drove and was still intoxicated from the night before and they wouldn’t even let us pay more for a late check out. Was not happy.

It’s clean

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Wifi was poor in the room. It kept cutting out. Room door was open when we got there. I called front desk and they apologized a lot. Asked for a late check out ( as it was my partner’s birthday), got it, but they called at regular check out time to check up, then realized we had late check out and apologized. Pool was a little cool.

Comfortable beds. Staff was very accommodating. When we asked for a late check out (1 hr more), due to my partners birthday, we got it, and 2 free breakfast buffets. Gentleman in restaurant was very great too. He didn’t charge for my partners pop (that he didn’t need/drink), because he switched to a beer.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

We had an unfortunate run in with an incredibly rude, obnoxious night staff employee on one of our last nights in London. The one and only complaint I have about my stay.

The day time staff were all incredibly personable, friendly, professional, and made us feel right at home. I would stay again simply because of the wonderful service we received upon arrival.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Was not clean. Pool was to be heated and it was so cold. Thank God we didn't bring the grandbabies because they wouldn't swim and that would be the reason we would stay there. Someone needs to clean up garbage and dog poo.

Close to the 401 highway

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Part of the hotel was under construction and that happens to be where they put us so it was dirty and dusty and not very nice. Also they do not shovel their driveway or their sidewalks we almost fell because there's so much snow that they didn't even clean it and it has not snowed at eight that's there for a couple days never cleaned driveway or the sidewalks. I was very disappointed and I will never stay there again. I booked four rooms and they couldn't even give them to us all by each other, and that hotel was not full we where all very unhappy with the condition of the hotel and the parking lot. We will not ever stay there again.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The staff are amazingly friendly and even offered their condolences because we were in town for a funeral. Despite some construction work on our floor our stay was quiet and relaxing.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

we were on the second floor and the first night was good for sleeping quiet and the second night was a nightmare the room beside us was so noise I could hear them most of the night. The carpet in the room was gross. I know they are redoing the place but I didn't even want to take my shoes off.

The pool was nice front desk was friendly and the waitress Bonnie was very good at her job and very friendly.

• King Room - Smoking

The hotel is old and the rooms are outdated but comfy enough, and the value makes up for it. The manager at the front desk was not very friendly and didn’t smile once.

The pool is great! Very big salt water pool with a very deep end.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Overwhelming stench of marijuana night and day from one neighbouring room and blaring radio and very loud, poor "singing" through paper thin wall from the other. Called desk but it did not help.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The room could have used a little updating. (Cracks in the ceiling and maybe some paint). It is not that I had any complaints; you get what you pay for.

The staff were extremely friendly. My husband enjoyed the fact that he could smoke in the room especially since it was dangerously cold outside.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was clean and tidy and quiet, but look out for wrinkles in hallway... tripping hazzard

Did not have breakfast there... wasn't included in the price of the room.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The unit above me had a dog that barked a bit plus was running around which was slightly annoying but didn't complain

The young lady that checked me in was very helpful suggesting a take out restaurant which was very good!

Snow removal was very poor to non-existent. It had snowed the previous night and into our day and snow was still pretty heavy on the entrance and roadways around the hotel.I understand that the hotel is a sort of "park and fly" operation also and that being said many vehicles had not moved in days and were taking up room parking spots.. Sidewalks and entry walks to rooms around the side of the building had not been touched. Perhaps the contractor was busy but then maybe hotel staff could have got on the shovels to clear the walkways as a start.

Check-in was quick and efficient. Rooms were clean and comfortable and wi-fi connectivity was fine. TV connection for good clear picture was less than 1080 P but OK for the night.Overall impression was very good and we will stay here again.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It was a bit understaffed at check-out time on Sunday. The staff was helping a person on the phone and there were 5 people waiting in line to check-out.

It was clean and quiet.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Can't think of anything we didn't like.

The location is ideal, the breakfast buffet was awesome, and the room was comfortable, spacious and quiet.

• King Room - Smoking

pool warmer restaurant open later and should be open on sunday cable tv was messed up and all they did was tell us to not move it we ended up getting scotch tape to hold the cable on the wall in the right position

bed was comfy pool was cold and the restaurant was closed on sunday

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Wifi was super poor. Front desk explanation was that I was using it wrong! Not that hard to enter a password! Room itself must have been an emergency backup because the amount of repair required for this one was ridiculous. I especially loved the hairs that were on the bed sheets. Both long and short n curlies. How about another room? Nope! Sold out to the dozens and dozens of construction workers using the place as an apartment building. The only good thing was the check out time when the front desk staff removed money from my bill and made my stay cheaper.

Location, price

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Shower curtain was ripped. The pool looked like it needed to be cleaned. The water in the pool was on the cool side. The swimming pool room was on the cool side.

Bed was very comfortable. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Room was clean.

A ceiling light

The lobby is beautiful, I really liked the pillows, and having a 12:00 checkout in comparison to 11:00 of other hotels made a big difference

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Only thing that would have been better was the breakfast buffet was ok, not great but ok for the price paid.

Very easy check in and out. Quick and efficient and Josh was great at the front desk during check in. Got a very nice renovated 1st floor room, right near a door where we parked!

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I Booked With Booking.com And At First The Place Looked Great. Lobby Was Clean. Went Into Our Room & There Was Crumbs On The Carpet, Someone Elses Soap In The Shower, Garbage From Others In The Garbage Bin, The Shower Was Black At The Bottom, The Bed Looked Like Someone Slept In It & The Pillows Were Just Thrown On The Bed Like They Didnt Care .. Saw A Housekeeper Just Dump The Garabge Not Change The Bag & Just Vaccum In Certain Spots. How Do You Get Away With That ? Im A Housekeeper & I Would Be Disgusted If I Did That. Plus There Was Vomit On The Stairs & No One Cleaned It, Was Still There The Next Day .. This Was My First Time There & Will Be My Last Time There ! Very Bad Stay, Im So Disappointed With My Stay .

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Well unfortunately I was there because my brother was in a Hospice, So I was there to watch him die, now I booked with a third party booking.com, who promised $69 per night, but didn't deliver, was told at the desk that I could have gotten better had I phoned the property to book, that was untrue as my sister spent the last two nights in her own room since she couldn't stay at the hospice after he passed. She was charged $75 per. Had to have a couple things repaired in room, lamp & door, lamp could not be turned on, even when it was replaced the room was dingy and needed more light at night, the door almost became inoperable as batteries in door were dying too. Restaurant posted times were wrong, closed an hour earlier than posted

It seemed clean, room was spacious enough, really nice little fridge, liked it more than the room at the 'Ivey Spencer' Good location if your using the 401

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Walls paper thin. Conversation plain as day heard from the next room during daytime drop off of luggage, but no noise anywhere from 9pm when we returned. I have a feeling we might have been the loud ones, despite keeping our voice down to a quiet whisper. Walls paper thin. Oh.

Very comfortable beds. Coffee. OPP station 100 yards away. Quiet during night hours. 12pm checkout, not 11am. Microwave.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The food at the restaurant was mediocre...very “diner” style.

When we arrived to check in we were immediately offered an upgrade on our room...very impressive! We were given local restaurant suggestions and we opted for the restaurant in the hotel. The bartender seemed to be the only person on duty there....tending drinks and serving tables. The food was mediocre at best but the bartender was great. The room was beautiful and the bed and pillows super comfy. We will book again the next time we need accommodations in the area.

The hallway carpets were stained which gave a bad first impression on our way to our room. The swimming pool was freezing. I don't think it was heated at all.

The room was very clean and well kept. The coffee maker with coffee was a lovely start to our morning. The bed was very comfortable as well and the staff was very friendly.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Security of the room was bad as my room was left opened when I checked in. The housekeeping staff should always lock the room after cleaning. I was frightened before I enter because I wouldn’t know if somebody is hiding in the room.

Should be free breakfast.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

the pool seemed to be mildew-y - green slime on the sides and surrounding it - I don't consider that to be healthy.-The roof in the pool area seems to have problems and looked quite mouldy. I wouldn't go back. I booked this hotel because I wanted a pool.

the staff were very friendly and helpful. close to highway. close to shopping and nothing too far away in the city

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The really long hallway to the ice machine, pool, front desk although I did ask for a ground floor room, for my knees, I didn't think that the room would be so far away. There is no soundproofing around the bathroom, I didn't need to hear my roommates shower etc.

The upgraded bathroom was nice, the beds were comfortable, the room size was generous. I asked for a ground floor room and got one - that was great.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I was disappointed breakfast wasn't included with our stay but it did not change my experience at the Ramada.

The rooms where larger than most and very well kept. It was a very well insulated room couldn't hear anything going on around us. The need where comfortable. They even had amazing room service. I really appreciated have such an amazing stay.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

slow checking people in. Carpets were filthy in hallways. Kids running the halls after midnight.

Enjoyed my swim in the pool, lots of fresh towels available.

Nothing really

Beds were excellent as were the staff. Breakfast was very good, could be a bit warmer but I have had worse at home. Hotel is in a great location for my purposes.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The hall ways smelled terribly of smoke. We had a non smoking room,however they should designate a floor just for smokersso only they can choke on their iwn smoke not other non smoking patrons.

Wifi was very slow Need to sign smoking area away from entrance had to walk around them when using Oxygen was very rude I felt of the customers so my idea is sign them away from door.

Great food! Clean!

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

This is definitely not a 3 star hotel. The room was ok. It was apparently a recently renovated room. While there was evidence that bedding, curtains and carpet were newer, there was damage on the wall that had not been repaired. The carpet in the hall was dirty, stained, rippled and in some places torn. It was very noisy. Also I had to kill an insect in the room. This was not what I expected from the Ramada brand. I would not stay there again. Also the picture of the hotel is not accurate.

The hotel is convenient to the 401 which was helpful.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Due to the nature of our visit, was unable to try any amenities, perhaps another time.

The bed was comfortable, with 4 pillows. The bathroom was clean, basic. I was upgraded to queen size beds, although we didn't use was glad to see in fridge, microwave in addition to the coffee pot, I did not see an ice bucket.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

the hotel comped our room but made no other effort- no free coffee in the morning to those of us who had 3 hours sleep - no voucher for another stay - front desk rep just said- "ya sorry about last night" - she was put out that I asked for a receipt to show I was not being charged for the room

there was a family fighting- drunk and stoned- had to call the cops- 1 am to 2 am- screaming- cops yelling- scary and awful experience - NEVER ever stay at a 3 star again- a cheap hotel attracts low lifes!!!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

the room smelled so bad the carpets felt damp the pool was so gross and dirty would never recommend this hotel to anyone would never stay here again...the worst

nothing at all

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

TV guide outlining available programming would have been helpful as we were not from area.

The beds were comfortable. It was quite clean. Staff friendly. Breakfast provided with good selection.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Well I have a broken leg so an elevator would have been nice but there isn't one. Our room cards were not activated properly so we had to go back down and have it done again.the sinktop had these black stains that looked like squashed bugs. The staff was friendly but this hotel was lacking and more like a motel really.

The staff was friendly, the bed was super comfy and the shower was clean as well as high powered which is rare at hotels.seriously the water pressure of the shower alone was probably the best part of the stay.

Very busy. Perhaps the busses could stop at a different location as it was pretty busy most of the day.

The place was really good. Confy king bed.fridge and micro wave worked. Carpet clean bathroom clean. Swimming pool was ok could use some work but was usable. Staff were very friendly. She even told us to call her when we come bk to get an updated room for a returning customer. Very nice

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Dirty, the front staff specially the young male with a pony tail was really rude to my son as he did not see me around the corner. Once I approached he changed his attitude. Very disappointed.

• King Room - Smoking

It was nothing I did not like it was an excellent stay

The guy that check us in was amazing they had me staying in a smoking room which when I booked it I did not want a smoking room but the guy at the desk took care of it right away and put me in a non-smoking room staff was great

No elevator to the second floor

Quiet & comfortable. Tim Horton's right across the street if you don't want to partake in the $8.50/person breakfast, downstairs.

• Business King Room - Non-Smoking

Pool could have been warmer. Was too cold for our youngest to stay in for to long. Alot of water also was pooling on deck made it slipery. Would be nice if we could have brought our dog, he is larger dog and did not fit the weight requirements of 50lbs.

Individual climate control in the room made it perfect to adjust for the best temperature. Clean room. Spacious. Great Pool, salt water nice change from reg Chlorine pool, easy on skin! Fridge and microwave made it easy for kids snacks and meals.

The buffet breakfast wasn't very good at all, food that was suppose to be hot was cold and pancakes were like hockey pucks. Would have been nice to have fruit as an option. Not worth the money that was charged

The size of the room was comfy and staff was very friendly and welcoming.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was comfortable and the air conditioner was quiet. Lots of space in the room, very comfortable beds. Everything was clean and updated. Lots of restaurants within a short drive. I would recommend this hotel.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Nothing. From check in to check out it was wonderful.

The hotel has a wonderful restaurant that if one does not feel to go out, the guest can stay and have dinner there.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The side doors were closed at night when I arrived. I had to walk across quite a distance to get to my room. Also the TV did not have HD channels.

The room was nice and clean. The air conditioning unit is also quite good.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

nothing negative to say...

My stay at the london ramada was very nice, comfortable, excellent time...would stay again for sure and would recommend the facility.....thanks very much for a fine stay....

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

It is a little out dated needs some tender loving care! New rugs would be good.

People who worked there very friendly Quick check in ! Pool was great! Beds were comfy!

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

Wifi was crap! In and out all night, but mostly out. A wifi installation should be boosted as if all the rooms are booked and using wifi, doesn't seem like this is the case.

Worth the stay for the price. Close to where I needed to be.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Booked thinking my breakfast was included and getting there and having to pay for it. The hotel is run down outside and the halls. Could not shut our bathroom door. You can hear the people in the next room and they are talking not even yelling.

I liked the salt water pool. The staff was friendly. The waitress in the mornings was terrific,exceptional service. Beds were comfortable and room was clean and updated. Location was great, right off the 401 and walking distance to restaurants and shopping.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

Not much

There were smoking rooms and I was on the same floor all I can smell were cigarette and weed. When I asked to be moved they only had a king size bed left and wanted to charge me extra for a for for my daughter. After I made a complaint the staff became unfriendly.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

• Business King Room - Non-Smoking

Because I booked through booking.com the hotel changed my room from a business king to two small beds, which really was an inconvenience as I was coming back from a business trip a conference with my significant other. We barely had enough room to sleep sharing a bed, I had booked 3 months in advance to ensure I got the room I chose. I was comped with two free breakfasts which was lovely, I just wish I was notified of the change.

I liked the staff they were wonderful and always friendly to me.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

To be honest everything needs work the only thing i liked was the fact that i got away with my family but i wish it wasnt at this hotel

The front desk was rude. The buffet was gross the room was not clean at all the pool was ecen worse i didnt even want to bring my son in there. We will not be going back there again.

• Deluxe Business Queen Room - Non-Smoking

My view was of the pool, but I was not there for the view and I don't care all that much.

The hotel was amazing all on it's own and then the staff upgraded us because it was our wedding night. Phenomenal place and staff.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

We were not very happy at check in, we had confirmation for three nights at $65 per night and the check in manager had different prices she changed first night to confirmed with our confirmation but charged us $70 for the last night. We never had this hassel before at any Ramada or any other hotel. We were attending a Royal Canadian Legion Convention. Also we had friends who booked the next room to us who we recommended this hotel paid a much higher then us. How many different rates does this Ramada have. We sure would not book here again and we don't think our friends would.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Accessibility to the rooms from lobby.....it was like a maze.....visible and proper room labeling and directions would help.

Close to Hwy and most amenities

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The entrance C was definitely in need of a clean. The front lobby area is very large and could use a little better decor..

We were pleasantly surprised to be upgraded to a Business suite. The front desk staff (Brittany) was friendly and very helpful.The room was clean, well equipped, fridge, microwave. Will return

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Not well sound proofed, could hear the people in the next room talking, flushing the toilet, having a shower......thankfully it was just one night.

location, comfortable beds, clean room.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Key card entry system was down and has been down for some time we were told, a very inconvenient situation The gentleman next door must have enjoyed a good nights rest based on his ongoing snoring, us not so much The halls hadn't seen a good vacuum in a while

Location was good for our plans

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We were expecting to use the pool but unfortunately the heater was broken so we couldn't go for a swim. 😕 Was there with my service dog... the grass was really high & she ended up with a tick on her. 😖

Comfortable rooms & staff were really nice. I would stay here again as it's great value for your money if you are looking for just a room to spend the weekend in.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Dark room. Restaurant food was terrible and overpriced. Not the cleanest place. I smelled smoke on the sheets bed linens but it was a non-smoking facility!

Price of room

bed bugs, maid knocking at 8.a.m. in the morning to clean room and to get us out of the room as she was very busy that day, total meltdown by staff with rookie excuses, sad

Good pillows, good bathroom, good breakfast

I dont trust people cleaning my room while i am not present. I needed room service and had to wait in line of empty rooms all morning and all afternoon to get towels, toilet paper, and the floor vaccumed while i was present. Th cable was staticy. The wifi was always timing out and disconnecting.

The pool.