Reviews of Ramada by Wyndham Niagara Falls by the River 3 stars

4357 River Rd, CA L2E 3E8 Niagara Falls, Canada

#49 of 98 hotels in Niagara Falls

• Reviewed: 21 October 2018

It was ok but won’t be back

It’s crazy expensive. Breakfast was 50 dollars for two people and that’s with the 15 dollars off coupon. It was a very basic breakfast. Two eggs and ham and toast and a coffee. Totally crazy. The extra taxes are part of it but there is no need to rape people of there money.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2018

The room was old .

The room was old . Forget my pillow ask them to mail me the pillow case they never did. There was a charge for the parking that we didn’t know. And price at the I hop was crazy.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2018

12pm check out

I thought this hotel was much closer to the falls by the description and the 'river view' we were supposed to get had no river in the view at all. This hotel is in the middle of nowhere, near nothing. Also didnt find the beds very comfortable, not worth 225$/night at all. IHOP for breakfast for 4 people was $100

12pm check out

• Reviewed: 18 October 2018

Good location but uncomfortable beds

Unfortunately the mattress and pillows were lumpy and hard, and therefore we were unable to sleep through the night. Also, both washrooms of the two rooms we rented smelt musky, damp, and moldy. Our assumption was that they were cleaned with a dirty wet rag. When we advised the front desk, the attendant simply sprayed heavy duty room spray which did nothing but leave us with a headache.

Good location across from the White Water Walk, ample parking on-site. Short drive to the falls and another main attractions.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2018

Would not stay there again

To far from strip to walk, old facilities throughout, thought it was a different property when I booked, not worth the money

They switched our room when I complained that it smelt like smoke, ihop on location

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

Will find another motel next year

Charging for parking. We stayed at this motel under different management and never paid for parking. Also the attached ihop was the biggest fares accord to their prices. Won’t stay at this place next year

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

Would have been great to get some sleep.

The room was extra noisy it was behind reception and the cleaners room and was just too noisy we could hear conversations between reception staff and guests arriving or making inquiries. Sheets on one bed were stained or unclean.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2018

Bed is comfy

Hidden fees at check in time brought up the price from around 70$ to 100$. Staff don't even look at you (except for one young guy that was there in a Saturday morning)

Bed is comfy

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Nice staff, not so comfortable experience.
    • King Room with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

For what I paid, i was expecting way more. I got the whirlpool king suit and the shower was so tiny you can barely fit in it. The whirlpool jets were not working either. Also I had to pay additional for parking which is ridiculous. This should have been half the price that I paid.

Staff was friendly and had us checked in and out quickly. I needed extra towels and they got some up to me very quickly.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

I had to make a few calls to get my e-mail receipt.

I had to make a few calls to get my e-mail receipt. This meant I spent at least 20 minutes of my time making calls to obtain the receipt and then to find out that they sent it to the wrong e-mail address. I will never have a receipt sent by e-mail again. A very bad experience.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

Ok but hotel runs up the price

One of the lights in the washroom really dim pool chipped paint looked dirty there was no hot tub in the pool one of the room phones was broken I had a bad experience with the front staff while ordering a crib and a bed they were not suppose to be in the same room but we had two rooms so they were annoying the cleaning staff which I did not like and lastly the thing I didn’t like the most was running up the price our 260 dollar hotel was 400 dollars with 10 dollar roll away bed and 14 dollar per car parking with tax I expected 320 max but it ended being over 400 I did not like that

I liked the room it was nice and clean

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

I liked the hotel but next time I would book well in advance to ensure we got a room with a view.
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

No fault of the hotel we got the last room which was ground floor close to the lobby and very noisy .

Staff was great - room was clean and offered at a reasonable rate

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

Nice clean room and was quiet location

The only complaint I had was did not realise how far out from the description place was Excellent day time public service into the falls and reasonable taxi in the evening

Nice clean room and was quiet location Fifteen dollar discount on the ihop restaurant for breakfast every morning

• Reviewed: 5 October 2018

Decent place to relax and have a great night.

Not to much actually other than really minor things. Which in reality does not matter no hotel is perfect.

Everything basically it had a great location, staff where friendly. Not once was the small group I went with disturbed. Facilities where nice wish I could have taken advantage a bit more.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

It was easy to find the hotel, it not central bit still easy...

For the price we were expecting more, the room didn’t have a frigobar, the fan at the bathroom was too loud, the lightening was too low (specially in the bathroom) and the bed wasn’t very comfortable.

It was easy to find the hotel, it not central bit still easy to go everywhere from the hotel. The concierge was very nice and friendly.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Expensive for the location, lobby looks low quality hotel, room, and suprise parking charge.

Front lobby, dirty, and not organized. Pillows are small. Room did not smell fresh. No refrigerator. And charged for the parking per night? Hotel price per/night is expensive for the location. And, parking should be free in this location or at least communicate during the reservation.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2018

Enjoyable!

That there was not a refrigerator in the room. Due to medical needs (diabetics) a fridge would have been nicer than having to fill cooler with ice daily.

We liked the ease of coming and going with our car as the area was no congested. Off to Wine country one way and downtown the other. We also liked the fact that the WeGo Transit was outside the door and it was easier to use, not to mention cheaper due to parking fees everywhere you go. We went from one end of Niagara Parkway, The Falls all the way to the Floral clock on one pass. Hop on Hop off wherever we wanted. IHop was downstairs in Hotel and staff and food excellent. The staff at the IHop went out of her way to tell us where to finds any thing we wanted plus some suggestions.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2018

A great diagram falls getaway

Just a little far from the falls and the town. Other than that I have no complaints at all.

Very clean. Well maintained and the staff was very good. We had no issues at all and have no problem recommending this hotel to our friends.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

Very nice people and service!

Very nice people and service! I felt very happy about the whole stay. I would definitely recommend. If you need a nice place to stay, definitely consider this!

Disappointing !

The hotel needs a complete updating. Drapes were off the railing and difficult to open. Toilet paper holder broken. Bathroom door sticking. Swimming pool liner flaking . Price !!! For that price I expected a lot better!!!! I would have thought that items, like parking and continental breakfast would have been included.

Location is good. Beds are comfortable. Hotel was clean.Staff was friendly.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

the hotel was awsome and the 1st floor room excellent,the...
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

misconception of where this hotel actually is,there is no veiw of the fall's

the hotel was awsome and the 1st floor room excellent,the restuarant to pricey, the personal awsome and helpfull with all questions. we highly recommend the hotel but customers should know its not the other 2 ramada's by the falls. the ihop sign fools people 4 other couples went to ramada at the falls and we were all givin a map of how to get to the one we booked on river road.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Walking distance to the train station and the bus terminal.

There is a bus stop nearby, but the buses start their daily routine from 10 am. It’s better to call a taxi.

Walking distance to the train station and the bus terminal.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Front line staff outstanding.

no refrigerator or microwave in room

Front line staff outstanding. Friendly and helpfull! Clean room, comfortable bed. The only thing i would change would be if the room had a mini refrig. & microwave! Great value hotel for the money!

Meh.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Room was large which was nice for the amount of people in my family, but the condition was mediocre, view was of a wall and it was quoted to be a “short walk” to Clifton Hill...37 minutes later. Bed was extremely uncomfortable but sheets were good.

Staff were friendly - hotel was clean.

Great.

Location, too far from the falls for walking, 2.5km away. We had to pay $14.99 parking per day. But on booking.com they said free parking.

I love the room, clean & smells good. Comfortable.

We enjoyed ourselves very much!

The location and parking were very convenient. Access to public transportation was very easy. The hotel is close to the center of town and the falls.

horrible experience !! never again

Firstly.. they cancelled our room by the time we went there even though we have a confirmed room. Somehow they rebooked to us only room which is available.. As soon as we walked room stinks like anything and we ran out of the room. At midnight we have to cancel our plan and returned to home(luckly we live 1hr away)

Techinically nothing.. except a friendly staff which cant do anything

It started bad as I was getting charged $14 extra for parking the guy beside me was getting a free u
    • King Room with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

Had to pay for parking?? Then told everyone does it which was a lie. Many hotels dont charge for parking. 14 bucks a day off season! ! The lot was empty. Offensive. Ihop is ridiculously priced and the food is barely edible. Fake hash browns paper thin bacon and disgusting tasting ham. I will never have breakfast at an IHOP again. 60 bucks for 2 of us. Absolutely outrageous.

Hot tub. Wego. Dads diner was close.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Good location, clean rooms

Only downside was the 14$ parking per night

Extremely good bang for a buck. Clean rooms, modern facilities, good location along the river and friendly staff.

Overall, our stay was good.
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

We were very disappointed in the pool. It was real small and shallow and didn't seem very clean. I was looking forward to swimming every morning and evening but couldn't.

We enjoyed our room and the shower was very nice. The area is nice and quiet, however, we didn't see any handicap parking. Other than that, it was good.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Comfortable

Breakfast should be included or at least offer a discounted rate at IHOP for hotel residents. There was no refrigerator in the rooms!

Great location, staff very friendly and professional.

Not happy

For the price we paid it wasn't worth it. There was no fridge included in the room. I did a marriage proposal and rented a room with a heart shape jacuzzi and it did not work. There were items found under edge of bed left be previous renters...1 was a puffer ....... I've had better rooms by comfort inn and travelodge with hot breakfast for half the cost.

Staff,view and the bed

If I would of known I was getting charged $709.

If I would of known I was getting charged $709. For three nights I would of stayed at a better place for that price ridicules price add on all kind of taxes an fees

Overall a nice hotel, clean, friendly staff, good location, in need of updates.
    • King Room with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

The styling of the room was dated (mid nineties). The furniture had visible wear and tear. The jacuzzi did work which was great however it was very noisy and outdated.

Good size room and the bed was comfortable. The fireplace added a level of coziness.

Too far from falls n everything is overpriced

Surprise multiple extra fees, IHOP was closed at 5:00 with a a packed Ramada, went to IHOP in the morning for breakfast and had to walk out, $25 burgers and $15 pancakes, I know it’s tourist spot but that is price ridiculous taking total greedy advantage , lower the price guaranteed you will have many more customers and repeat customers!!

Additional fees not mentioned

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Good deal for the overall quality you'd expect of a 3-star hotel, selling point is its location.

Price for the room was a little bit high, and the parking costs should have been covered with the deal. The beds were slightly rough but decent.

Prompt service, great location (5 minutes drive to Niagara Falls Views).

OK but needs improvement

The room needed some serious updating. The sink and bathtub were discolored and wallpaper was peeling off the wall. The prices for breakfast at the attached IHOP were outrageously expensive. I wish I would have booked a room where breakfast was included. I also wish I would have stayed somewhere within walking distance to the Falls. We took the car and had to pay for parking at the hotel AND then in a lot near the falls AND then in Clifton Hill for all the other attractions.

The common areas of the hotel were nice. The staff was pleasant and informative. The hotel was a close drive to the Falls.

Friendly staff in lobby.

Awful smell in rooms. We had 4 rooms for all the family and they all stunk like they housed every smoker who ever stayed in Niagara Falls. Hotel is also located in area that is not in safe walking distance to anything. This was misrepresented in hotel description. Worst Wyndham I ever stayed at. Will now not see “Wyndham” and think it is safe to pick the location

Friendly staff in lobby. Gave great recommendation for dinner

This hotel does not overlook the falls like it portraits in...

This hotel does not overlook the falls like it portraits in the pictures, it had leaky ceilings, and the worst part was you had to pay $14 a night for parking which is rediculious considering there is no other option for parking.

The bed was nice and the food in hotel was good
    • King Room with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

They did not have a bigger bathroom in room or a lounge bar to seat and swim pool area did not have enough chair to seat in

The bed was nice and the food in hotel was good

Will not return to ths hotel or reccomend it to anyone..

Was met with an unusually rude staff at front desk upon check-in. Was told I needed to pay an extra $100.00 over and above my booking .com agreement for hidden fees. Was sternly advised to read the FINE PRINT!! Extra rental required for fridge in room.

The most over priced breakfast I have ever had. The waffles were cold and no hash browns.

The place smell misty and the carpet is really dirty my kids...

Acomodatios a little tight not really clean

The place smell misty and the carpet is really dirty my kids walk bare foot and when they step into a towel in bathroom to take a shower their footprints were mark on it from dirt

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Service great having IHOP as part of the hotel made it real...
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Less cost per room. If no less cost how about a free breakfast included in the cost of the room for the guests.

Service great having IHOP as part of the hotel made it real nice.

The staff was very friendly.

We actually liked everything can't say anything bad.

The staff was very friendly. The rooms were very clean. Location was good. We would defiantly stay there again.

Excellent location , you can walk to the center of town and...
    • King Room with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

Excellent location , you can walk to the center of town and to the falls or take a quick cab ride . It’s close enough together center of town but without the crowds or the noise .

Everything was good .

Little misleading how close the falls was to motel. All said glad we go bus was close. Parking is 14 dollars a day.

Everything was good .Beds was nice and comfy. Room was clean and air worked fine. Was good to find out wego bus was right out front .

Beds were good and adequate.

Parking wasn’t free for checked-in guests.

Beds were good and adequate. Location is somewhat secluded from the main falls so you’re away from the crowds and the noise.

Read all the small print!!!
    • King Room with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

Booked a king suite was supposed to have a fridge and was told by front desk they weren’t a suites facility. Shower was tiny. Parking is not included with your stay charged $14 a night. No microwave in rooms. Toilet handle gets stuck and runs until you shake it. Not worth the price per night!!

Hotel was on a bus route. Second floor had a roof top patio.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Everything was great as far as the hotel experience.

WiFi here barely works. DONT EAT AT IHOP ITS OUTRAGEOUSLY PRICED

Everything was great as far as the hotel experience. Staff very friendly and helpful. Definitely will stay again

Close to bus/train stations, not too bad

It was a disappointing start for the breakfast as we kept waiting while they kept on serving other walking in. We ended up going elsewhere. The wi-fi was too slow. Also, a bit too expensive for the facilities.

We stayed for a night and the room was pretty comfortable. The location was ideal to leave our car for the day while we explored various attractions. Staff were very helpful and gave recommendations for restaurants and other places.

The hotel was ok but I won’t be going back. The building is very old and smells.

I would get an odour of urine in different spots of the hotel which was weird. The window in our room leaked... the wall around the window and the carpet below were soaked.

The bed as comfortable.

Room was adequate for a one night stay

The property is a little tired - felt a bit like they didn't have to try because they were in Niagara Falls. The parking fee of $14 was steep - apparently it is mentioned on the website but I missed it. Being told "they charge up to $100 for parking close to the Falls was no comfort to me.

Room was good for a stop in Niagara Falls

Extremely noisey could hear the next room talking. Thought my window was open (they don’t)

Room was clean and a room as expected at a Ramada. Staff was friendly

Some helpful staff but most were aloof.

Some helpful staff but most were aloof. Hotel has a policy not to provide wifi details unless requested...which is essential as it's password protected. ???? Not enough teabags and no long life milk supplied.

Location , Location , Location !

Not a complaint just an FYI There is no refrigerator or microwave in the room .

Location , Location , Location ! On Falls River Road , about 1.5 + miles and minutes from the Falls , Clifton Hill and every major attraction in either direction . Away from the hectic tourist congestion, next door to a Beautiful serene Buddhist Temple , The NEXUS bridge crossing and the Bus stop is on the next corner from the hotel .( You can buy an all day pass ) Easy stress free access to everything . The STAFF , can’t say enough about the front desk staff ! ( Ryan, Krista , Christopher and Joshua) Each and everyone will welcome you , assist, guide and direct you to make your visit as enjoyable as possible . Ask them anything about the area and attractions , they will not steer you wrong !

Great hotel

No continental breakfast but restaurant in hotel lobby.

Nice room and size was great, not small room. Visited on a hot day and air conditioning was great. Parking in hotel lot. Short drive to Niagara Falls but could walk too.

Not at all worth the considerable fees it charges. Book somewhere else.

It advertised free WiFi, but the WiFi is unusable. I had to use my phone’s hotspot for the entire three nights, adding to my phone bill.. There was no fridge in the room, so I was unable to keep any food or drink for my child, necessitating spending more money. Robert, at the front desk was quite rude when questioned about the poor internet (non-existent).

Wifi was terrible. If you have to do business while on vacation this is not the place to stay.
    • King Room with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

The room smelled like spoiled detergent mix and the advertisement said free parking not self parking as the the clerk kept trying to convince me.

I liked that getting to the attractions was walkable. The room was organized.

Below expectations.

It was below par. Outdated room, expensive parking, refrigerator ($20/night extra) was not available. Washroom was pretty dated. I got charged for two night parking even though I arrived 2am in the morning because it's "company policy". Front desk was not helpful. Will not book with any Ramada again.

Comfortable stay at a good price.

Parking fee

This is located about a mile or two from Clifton Hill and the Falls. Quiet location away from the craziness. You have to pay for $14 for parking which I think is ludicrous but it is what it is. Having an iHop in the lobby is a plus but be forewarned, it’s about double what you’d pay in the states. You do get a $15 coupon from the hotel but bfast for 2 was $55 and we’re not big eaters. Overall a nice stay in a good location. The room was clean and seemed recently renovated.

A nice experience there with my family, relaxing and enjoyable!

Will like to have a fridge and a toaster included in the room. The parking is kind of expensive at the property, though not too bad for the safety of your car.

Nice place to stay, convenient location, clean, friendly staff and comfy rooms.

For starters, the beds where too small, I had no access to...

For starters, the beds where too small, I had no access to WiFi - even though it was said to be included, no shampoos, no soaps, 3 towels for 5 people, etc. The hotel did not meet my expectations, was not worth my money.

Comfortable room

They don't have their own breakfast room, you can have breakfast only at the IHOP restaurant next door which is a bit pricey. There is no shower gel in the bathroom, only soap, and shampoo.

The room was spacious, the bed was comfortable. The front desk staff was friendly.

Too expensive

I. Will advice to make sure that the price being quoted is price with taxes and parking. Booking.com gave me $385. When we got there the receptionist stated it was $480. Plus this plus that. Make sure.

IHOP was really good tho. We actually waited an hour to get our breakfast. But it was delicious. Waiter was supper nice.

Check-in was easy, staff was great, room was great. Recommend getting We Go bus pass to get around.
    • King Room with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

Wifi was terrible. Not a fault of the hotel but I wish breakfast was included. The IHOP in the building was ridiculously overpriced. Great diner around the corner called Dad's Diner though.

Bed was very comfy, good view of the white water walk, heart-shaped jacuzzi was fun

Close to the Falls but not sure if there was a fallsview from any of the rooms.

Housekeeping not cleaning a few of our groups rooms on several days. The initial guy that was checking us in was being so unaccommodating.

Crysta is the greatest personality & work ethic everything about her is awesome. I hope she stays as long as she wishes in her position she made a trying check in & the rest of our stay so inviting.

Definitely a higher quality stay. Not the best but better then most.

Bathroom ceiling leaked water. Plumbing pipes rattled in bathroom wall. Housekeeping cleaned the room great but did not take any garbage away.

The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. Great lounge area at the front desk. Great, fast IHOP service. Decent arcade, easy to use.

Horrible need to be shut down

The hotel had bath water in the tub when we arrived ..they gave me a key to a room that had someone was occupied in my 14 year old daughter opens the door with key and got her first view of sex .I will be contacting my attorney once I arrive back to the US

Good location great front desk

Hotel is great. Minus the cleaning staff. My room wasn't cleaned 3 days in a row. And at check in my reservation was lost. Crysta tried to fix the mess as best that she could. The cleaning person for my first 3 days was HORRIBLE.

Very accommodating.

Room was clean and comfortable. Staff were very nice. We were early for check in but room was ready and we were allowed to check in which was much appreciated. Hotel just across the street from the White Water Walk and short distance to the bus terminal. We were travelling by coach the next morning so this was important.

It was far from Falls, there was not conditioner at bath.

It was far from Falls, there was not conditioner at bath... I could not get hot water for my tea since they do not have a kitchen ... I believe it is too expensive and does not worth it

A good stay for a reasonable price.

Very friendly staff, esp. Tymara. Everything was more than OK in a nice room. We took a breakfasts at IHop and this was perfect. Nice portions for a reasonable price and friendly people.

Don't stay here

How they advertise what its close to and its a lie we hiked alot

Went for our anniversary and was disappointed. House keeping didn't clean the room than when they did$200 was missing of our money terrible time!

The only thing I was upset about was that we requested to...
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The only thing I was upset about was that we requested to have a bottom floor room and it wasn’t given to us. We had 2 toddlers with us who like to run around and we didn’t want to disturb anyone under us. Luckily we didn’t have any complaints as they put us on the 3rd floor however that’s why we requested a bottom floor and when we complained about it they said there’s nothing they could do. They already gave away the room to someone else.

The room was nice nothing extraordinary.

Let me warn you about the IHOP, bring an arm and a leg to pay for your breakfast. Even though the hotel provides you with a $15 coupon that only pays for the tax. The tax alone was $9.50 but also you get charged $5 for a "staying in Niagara" fee. Even though you are paying for a hotel and paying for breakfast. Once we saw the prices on the menu we should have left but I thought with the coupon it was going to be okay but nope. So either budget a lot or make other arrangement for breakfast.

The room was nice nothing extraordinary. The staff was very pleasant and were able to answer questions that we had about the area.