Reviews of Ramada by Wyndham Victoria 3 stars

123 Gorge Road East, V9A1L1 Victoria, Canada

#50 of 52 hotels in Victoria

Short and chaotic.

Staff behind desk told me to wait until he finished with paper work. Yelled at another person to come and assist me. He did not appear so first guy helped me. Did not have quoted rate on computer for room that I booked. Had to lug luggage up three steps to hallway as no ramp. Room had water stains on ceiling and walls were dirty. Looked out window at dead tree branches on ground along with rusted patio furniture and cigarette butts. Checked our. Had to return and place call to master card as they had not yet reversed room charges. Terrible customer service!

AC not working
    • Queen Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The Air conditioner in our suite is old and not functioning well. It can hardly make 2 sq ft air cool with the summer sunshine. We requested to change a different room and finallh got change to the other room there was shade from the tree outside. The AC works better, but not cool enough. Overall the facility is not so good.

The hotel is relatively clean. Good location. The staff is friendly, and put his effort to change a different room when we request.

I went during the high season, so it was pricey but I would go again during lower season.
    • Deluxe Queen Suite with Kitchen - Non-Smoking

Some minor things needed to be fixed ( i.e. some of the wallpaper coming off) but overall a good place to stay.

The room was clean, the bed was comfortable. The room was a bit small because of the kitchenette. The staff was very nice and welcoming.

Filthy property.

The room was filthy. Beds sagged in the middle, this was visible before laying down. I don’t mind staying in an older hotel, but it should at the very least be clean.

That there was a pool. Even though they needed prompting to open it and it was so dirty you couldn’t see your feet.

A dreadful 3 night experience in a Ramada inn which I thought would be a great place to stay!

The one room with kitchenette and queen bed was not cleaned by housekeeping staff.The queen bed the linen had not been changed from previous customers so phoned the front desk to come and change the bedding and they said there wasn't any staff to change the bed for us. They sent up new sheets that were stained and expected us to use them. Finally after another complaint they sent more sheets up to room and I had to put them on the queen bed myself at 10:00 p.m. at night.Very poor customer service supplied by hotel staff. No apology from them.I went down next day Saturday morning saying I wanted a discount for my unpleasant experience and the manager said I could have 20% off the price which I said wasn't enough so when I went to pay my bill I got 1 free night Hooray.The other room that we rented was fine but wallpaper was coming off the walls and there was a hole in the wall in this queen room with sofa.I would never ever recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Victoria.The price per room was also expensive for what we received.This hotel needs to be updated very drasticly and inspected.We came from Calgary for a wonderful weekend with family and this hotel experience was dreadful and nothing I have experienced before.

The only thing that I liked was the location of the hotel which was close to the water.

Property is..... sketchy, as are some of the clientele. If you’re brave & highly budget conscious..
    • Deluxe Queen Suite with Kitchen - Non-Smoking

This property was top flight - 20 years ago. Front desk staff were rude & only one of 3 seemed to have a command of the English language at the level necessary to do business with the public at a hotel. Things were old & in need of replacement or repair. Parkade was dirty, under lit & unsafe. The price was right & the location okay proving yet again: you get what you pay for.

Room had A/C (many hotels in Victoria don’t) & kitchen - appliances were clean.

I liked everything over there specially the restaurant and...
    • Deluxe Queen Suite with Kitchen - Non-Smoking

I liked everything over there specially the restaurant and bar. Front desk attendances were so friendly and helpful. Room was quite big and bed also comforted. Totally value of money. I will stay there if i got to visit Victoria again.

Disgusting stay

You can't reach rooms through landline calls. Front desk doesn't answer phones. Cleanliness is bad, room service barely does anything in room. Toilets were clogged and for two days there was no hot water. Not to mention that it's the druggy area of Victoria. Deserving of an idiot abroad show due to complete and utter garbage. Oh, did I mention they charge you 250$ a night, I don't think it deserves even 50. Utter and complete garbage.

Horrible hotel I don't know what to say

Not much

Bad shady location, poor cleanliness, no hot water for two days and toilet clogged for a day. They charged average 200$+ a day what a joke. Terrible and overpriced place to stay.

Not much

Theoretically there were more than enough facilities:...
    • Deluxe Queen Suite with Kitchen - Non-Smoking

The staff couldn't give us satisfactory info about public transportation. One coudn't even tell where a grocery store was or where the nearest restaurant was( she didn't live there and never went to restaurants). Bedlinnen didn't look very clean and fresh. The doors were rather dirty in the room and certainly in the whole building. There was no place to put the suitcases. Instead there was a far too big kitchinette which we didn't need. The carpets were shabby and worn. The fitnessroom : only one machine had electricity, the others didn't. Swimming pool wasn't open, terrace not ready and dirty Generally speaking : grubby and far too expensive for what you get. ( is management by the way chinese????)

Theoretically there were more than enough facilities: washing machine, fitness, swimming pool

Not clean.

Not clean. The sheet of the sofa bed had a few hairs on it. Apparently it was not changed. The blankets had cigarette burned holes in it. This place needs a substantial renovation. The decor is quite out of date. The exit stair does not go outside. It dead ended on first floor with a locked door. I had to go back up to second floor and take the elevator down. Not safe.

The morning front manager was friendly.

It wasn't the cleanest room, WiFi kept cutting out, the card keys had to be reprogrammed 3 times (could have been 4 but we were leaving). We had booked this place because there was a pool for our son but the pool was closed. Apparently it had been closed for a long time. It was not worth the $212 per night. The bed sheets didn't fit on the beds properly. Drunks from the bar wandered the parking lot after it closed. Housekeeping didn't arrive til 4 in the afternoon.

The morning front manager was friendly. The location was ok.

Comfortable for the night, and good staff

There were cobwebs in the corners of the suit, and when first entered it didn't necessarily have a clean smell to it.

Good location, and good staff

Staff was great. location was good and rooms were clean.
    • Deluxe Queen Suite with Kitchen - Non-Smoking

Air conditioner was hard to adjust some of the buttons on control missing, Trouble with T.V. ,, neighbor complaining about us cooking in a cooking suite, dryer on 2nd floor didn't get hot. Front desk not being able to make change for washer and dryer.

Staff was friendly

Terrible stay. I wanted to leave however we had paid for four days and it was non refundable.

Giving this location 3 stars feels too much. 1.Let's start with the cleanliness of the hotel. We arrived to a hotel that had filthy carpets, carpets that had not been vacuumed. We gave them the benefit of a doubt however during our four day stay the room was not vacuumed at all, the dirt on the carpet was still there. Items that should have been cleared off the table were left as is, so basically the only "cleaning" that was done was making the bed. 2. Restocking of items.. the sugar wasn't replaced for the whole time we were there. I had used the conditioner on my second day out of sheer desperation as I had forgotten mine, the empty bottle was exactly where I had left it till the day I left! 3. Changing of linen- I can guarantee that the linen was not changed every second day as is the policy with most hotels, I have long hair and yeah a few strands falls when I sleep... These were visible till the day we left. This after the bed was cleaned and made? The second bed had a stain on the duvet cover, hence why we used the other bed. That stain was present till the day we left! Maybe I am mistaken but should housekeeping not be checking up on those things? Is the role of housekeeping literally to replace the soap and make the bed? 4. On our second last day the toilet paper had finished on the roll we had left the hotel room in a hurry however when we got back later that evening the empty toilet roll was still in the holder 😲 is that not part of the room service/housekeeping service? 5. Comfort - the beds are sagging in the middle, pillows are old and frumpy and very bumpy, they are definately not fluffy anymore nor are they comfortable you can literally see and feel how the pillow inner has come apart. I mean come on guys I understand the beds but really having pillows like that?? I'm pretty sure it's not that expensive to replace pillows especially taking into mind the health risks of such pillows!! 6. Mold and mildew:.

1. The location was good 2. They allowed us to check in past midnight due to our late flight.

Nothing to like in the hotel.

Hotel was not clean. The pool was closed. Room smelled like cigarette and sheets had cigarette burns. furniture is old. We do not recommended this hotel.

Nothing to like in the hotel. Property is managed badly.

Horrible

Our room was never cleaned. The beds were just thrown together ..... sheets hanging out. Carpet not vacuum and sink not even washed out!!!!!! I travel often in many different counties , never have I stayed in such a poorly maintained hotel.

Bottom line, this a 3 star hotel.

Room smelled cigarette, the chairs had cigarette burns and the walls needed a fresh coat of paint. The windows also need to be changed.

Parking was free, restaurant breakfast was good.

Breakfast was great, service was very nice, location was good

Lobby smelled of smoke, Did not know we could not get any wyndham points or discount since we booked through booking.com. room # 312 overlooks a tared roof lots of cigaret butts outside the window. smells like an dirty ashtray.

Breakfast was great, service was very nice, location was good

Accommodation satisfactory, clean, staff I dealt with were inexperienced. Not impressed

Hotel should have honoured what was advertised in the booking

In our booking on booking.com breafast was included in the price - hotel refused to honour this. Some discount was given but did not supplement this, very disatisfied

restaurant was better than most, great staff there

no comfortable chairs, couldn't just use the stairs, had to use elevator all the time, pool users very loud for rooms overlooking the pool, TV had only the most basic of channels

Newly refurbished

Gives Ramada a bad name
    • Deluxe Queen Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Dirty and unkempt. Very run down. Swimming pool also dirty. Cleaners need to be shown how to clean as they obviously don't know how. Settee uncomfortable, old and stained.

Location and the large clean inside fridge.

Very pleasant
    • Deluxe Queen Suite with Kitchen - Non-Smoking

lol ghtvin bathroom was on times ,last gut went out when I was in shower and I slipped and fell trying to get out to reset lights splitting my knee ,could be really dangerous for elderly people .

Room was better than expected ,had read some previous reviews which had kinda made me a little weary but was pleasantly surprised.

Dirty in every sense of the word.
    • Deluxe Queen Suite with Kitchen - Non-Smoking

It smelled bad. They took two deposits totalling $300 for a stay that was supposed to cost $120. Which they charged me $200 for... they told me on check in that it was because the room I was supposed to get the toilet wasnt working. I didn't get the second deposit back for two weeks. The guy at the counter said the next day... AND that there was only one... I had to call corporate. They patched me through to the owner who lied and said that I never stayed there. I will in the future be avoiding not only this hotel, but all Ramada hotels.

The lock on my door worked.

Great place to stay if you get a fully functional room
    • Queen Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The toilet had a leaky seal and was continually filling up through the night. The washing area was next to my room and the windows of my room rattled when the washing machine was in the spin cycle. The hair dryer was broken.

Good location, friendly and helpful staff.

Staff friendly

Parking competing with adjoining pub. Had to park in basement. Didn’t change linen. Didn’t make bed only pulled linen up to top of bed Didn’t replace empty tissue box. Carpet looked dirty outdated. A/C wall unit broken. Replaced with floor unit, worked well but took up space.

Staff friendly

would not stay ever again !

Unfortunately ...at check in they were rude and we were told they would not give the breakfast included that we paid for and refused to even discuss why ? The rooms were very dirty and had mold on the walls...we then asked to change the room and again refused ....there was 2 other customers complaining of there rooms at the same time. Ramada used to be a hotel you would expect good service ... not any more. they need new management and new cleaners ....new maintenance crew.

Unfortunately ...nothing!

Overall, it was more money than it was worth, in my opinion. However, it was functional, and ok.
    • Queen Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Front desk attendent was rude to person checking in before me. They had booked through Ramada website, and he wouldn't honour the price. The deadbolt wouldn't work on my door. Front desk person gave me a bad first impression, by not honoring website pricing.

The bed was ok. Room wasn't bad. Bar downstairs (Heckler's) seemed ok.

The room needs refreshing

When I check out, I took a picture & show it to the front desk that the room has a big stained in the ceiling near the window. And he said is going to address the condition of the room.

The bed is comfortable, has microwave, coffee machine & a package of regular & decaf coffee in the room & flat screen TV,

Liked the price and convenience/
    • Deluxe Queen Suite with Kitchen - Non-Smoking

the table was pretty much broken and so wobbly you could not eat on it. A previous customer had left a pop bottle full of cigarette buts. Other than that it was fine. The bath tub was a little steep to get into, us being seniors.

Liked the price and convenience/

We will not stay again.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Parking was poor. There is no signage for the underground parking. There is very poor lighting on the exit from the underground parking. There is no signage underground to show the way to the lobby. The underground feels unsafe especially as there is a bar with several entrances into the underground parking. The young clerk had difficulty explaining how to find the underground parking when asked. We would not stay again.

Bedding was white and clean

Would rater book any other hotel

Terrible service no free breakfast as advertised

Does not offer free breakfast. The exhaust fan was loud and did not get fixed.paint peeling off close to window

Overall average experience; good staff at reception.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

There was a permanent smell in the bathroom. The king suite I originally booked was given to someone else and I was given a queen suite with my partner. The view wasn't great and the space quite small.

The shower was good, the beds were good as well.

Restraunt food was good and clean.

Entrance to building could have been blown as there was a lot of petals etc from trees, lawn out our window not mowed, air conditioner was very loud

Restraunt food was good and clean. Value for what you got was ok if just looking for a tidy room.

Refreshing, good value for my money

Elevator a plus as am handicapped Room a bit small for chair. Staff were very accommodating. Room was quite but did have a problem with sink drain

Middle standard with lack of esprit.
    • Queen Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

A little bit old interior and style. Has had better days. 2 1/2 price blocked on cc. Why?!?

At least standard that you expect. With some minus on old scratches and sofas.

The bed I slide to the centre all night long and I sleep on...
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

We were in a hurry to meet family for a celebration of life so we took the room but it was not nice. The walls had big foot prints and scrapes by the table. Other walls also had big scuff marks so right away the room does not look tidy. The curtains we not hung on the tracks and half falling off so the looked like the needed cleaning. The pillows on the couch has a bad smell so we couldn't use them. The ceiling has big patches in it and more ceiling coming down. Also the furniture is getting old and grungy looking. #420 We have stayed here on other occasions but this was bad.

The bed I slide to the centre all night long and I sleep on the edge so not comfortable.

Thin walls didn’t provide enough sound proofing from our...

Thin walls didn’t provide enough sound proofing from our slightly loud next door neighbour. The room over all was dirty, and the bed sheets had stains.

Unsatisfactoy

The bed, pillows, had asked for accessible room. Did 't happen. Sheet had blood spt, Co Erle dirty. Was given a other room. Fridge still had bottle of wine, egg and candy left in it. Cleanliness questionable

You really get what you pay for, the service was priceless and the room a work in progress!
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The Ramada is an older building and needs to be updated with the times.

The staff were so amazing. They listen to our needs and made them happen. Without the comfort of the friendly restaurant staff and front desk workers I would have stayed elsewhere for a few dollars more. Service sealed the deal for me!

Filled the need to be by the hospital but disappointing.

Things just a bit run down since my last stay. The clock radio didn't work and really needed a good scrubbing as it looked and felt dirty. I had to find out that the pole lamp needed to be plugged in to work - all lamps need to be plugged in, but this one had a broken on-off switch. The carpet didn't feel clean. One of the bed skirts is unravelling. Just looks not cared for. Sorry. There is also no discount for hospital stays, or ICBC or anything like that. I felt that it was expensive for the area and condition. I don't think that I will be back, even though it is so nice and close to the hospital.

Service is always great there. I was there alone also, 3 years ago, while my husband was in hospital. I felt safe and the staff always asked how he was doing, etc, when I came back to the room. The bed was good, as I have a bad back but I slept well. All bedding and towels clean.

Central to what we needed.

Ended be here for 5 nights. Chair in room broken. Told front desk 1st day. Still there when we left. 5 days and sheets never changes. Beds never made.

Central to what we needed.

Won't be back again

Service in Crow's was terrible and credit card machines didn't work. Had to pay cash. couldn't get business center computer to work and neither could hotel clerk.

I've seen a lot of hotels- this was the worst!
    • Queen Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The floor had not been vacuumed as bits of dirt and particles stuck to my feet so I had to wear socks the whole time. Black mold all along the window sills. There was dust and grime along all the baseboards, on the lamps shades (all of which were torn and bent); the socket was pulled out of one with wires showing -but it still lit up! Safe :( Layers of dust on the bedside table and the TV cabinet. A used facecloth still hanging on the shower rod. Stained towels. Toothpaste and water spots on the mirror. The pillows were just multi lumps of foam which could not be flattened. The pillowcases were all wrinkled as if someone had just been laying on them watching TV. I did ask for and received a new pillow with a clean case. I let the cleaning staff know I was not impressed. I was told the hotel was booked and no other room available. The restaurant was closed on Monday. The manager was continually standing within 10 feet of the front door smoking. I have nothing good to say about this place. I am a Grandmother, Mother, and I work a full-time job. This was to be a mini-vacation as I had not done anything for myself in 4 years. A waste of money.

Easy to locate from the Trans Canada Hwy and a direct road to downtown.

Have already done so above.

Television did not work. Really wanted to watch Curling Championships. Lies about what was wrong. Talked to three employees and got three different excuses. All blamed Shaw (the provider). I was told they would not come out until Monday. This was Friday so they would not repair on the weekend. Another lie I believe and no business is going the leave a hotel out of service that long. Next we were offered a change of room but again TV did not work. We returned the key to the desk and stayed in our original room 215. Sound asleep about 11pm I thought I heard someone at the door but they were gone when I checked at about 11:30 our phone rang, by the time I got to it they had hung up. Next two women banged on our door and again before I got there they used their pass key and opened our door saying room service. When I got mad and told them the leave they said the we had changed rooms and they were there to make up the room, yet we had returned the keys to the front desk hours before. Another item the back up bar door lock was useless as it had been forced and totally wrecked. We had stayed there several times in the past with all not wonderful but not bad value. As we told them this morning this was the last straw. We will NEVER again stay at ANY Ramada/Windam again.

Only location!

Not going back.

A room that stinked of weed that looked that it hadn't been hovered or had the bed sheets changed since the last guest. Had to be asked to be moved. Second room was a little cleaner, and with a balcony, but there were beer bottles and cans, and old cigarette stubs out there. Who knows how long they'd been there. No breakfast included. Hallways stinker of grease. Cleaning staff were very disorganized when doing their rounds, bins, trolleys, bags of rubbish everywhere - it was like an obstacle course.

Honestly, nothing. If I could have left the first day, I would have.

The location was okay for us heading to the harbour and...
    • Deluxe Queen Suite with Kitchen - Non-Smoking

Parking is absolutely AWFUL - felt like a nightmare every time you returned to the property, preparing yourself for another ordeal. Even physically maneuvering your vehicle through the parking lot was tight and always a challenge. We were greated by pubes laying on the hand towel sitting on the edge of the tub and the room was quite warm. Thankfully windows open. Staff were polite but a bit minimalistic - would only address questions when being asked a few times.

The location was okay for us heading to the harbour and walking the streets (Johnson etc) being it was the only hotel left with last minute available rooms for under $300/night.

A very inexpensive place to stay for business or pleasure.

Extra blankets would be nice. Pool to be open.

The staff was really friendly. The room was clean. Lots of pillows on the beds. Could have used a few extra blankets, but that's just me! Fairly quiet except for Saturday night after the bar closed. Some drunk guest tried to get into our room. He was on the wrong floor! My husband set him straight. We laughed about it later. The restaurant was very good! Great food and great staff! The location is very handy to get downtown or out to the western communities. Buses running frequently too! Hospital just beside the hotel in case of accidents - that's really a bonus! Very close to nightly entertainment and restaurants. Galloping goose not too far away to walk downtown or bike. Great place to stay. I highly recommend it! Next time I'm in town, I will be staying there again.

Doors in main building don’t lock.

Doors in main building don’t lock.. we were traveling young woman and had some creepy lady follow us to our room and suggesting us to go with her. Didn’t feel safe at all.

OK, required by personal circumstances, wouldn't choose otherwise

Appears to be a tax-loss property being allowed to fall apart with no effort to repair extensive damage done by previous guests or ordinary wear and tear.

Clean but loud

We had to give a $150 damage deposit at check in which we did not know about in advance. We imagine this is to try to discourage smoking in the rooms, based on the amount of cigarette butts on the property and the ledge outside our room. I did not appreciate being charged in advance. The customer service agent said this is standard but I travel a lot and have not been charged a damage deposit at another hotel chain ever. Also, the hotel was very noisy. Guests were talking in the halls starting at 4 am and it was hard to sleep - not very noise proof.

The room was clean and the staff were friendly and helpful.

Stay was fine but room was old and tired.

Room was very tired. Mould starting on the ceiling in the bathroom. Understanding it’s an older place however they can do a bit of cleaning and updates. Unplugged the air conditioner to use outlet and the outlet plate cover fell off. No screw holding it in.

Location is fine. Close to everything. Rate was great. We stayed March 13/15 2018.

Ask to see a room before staying here .

The cleanliness of my room was poor .I complained to the front desk about lack of cleaning , the cleaning staff on my floor were not trained properly .The furnishings are getting worn , there is an air of neglect about the place .There was mould in the bathroom caulking .

The restaurant onsite is very good .

There was black mould in the grout lines of the shower and...

There was black mould in the grout lines of the shower and the floors did not look vacuumed, there was also a cigarette butt on the floor under the bed skirt.

3.5
    Loud drunks in hall and loud arguing people all night in room next to mine. No sleep.

First room when checked in was dirty, beer can on the floor and dirty table, and toilet. Shower curtain had mold all across the bottom and the ceiling had black mold on it as well. The tub needs to be scrubbed too. It’s a shame to pay so much and recieve so little. It seems all these hotel chains just take your money and don’t spend anything on upgrading or updating their properties.

For the price this was an acceptable place to stay in Victoria. Just don't expect 5 star accom.

For some reason the cleaning staff didn't make the bed or seem to do much other than replace a couple of towels and maybe vac. The first room we stayed in was very cold and could not be warmed up due to large holes in the wall where the air conditioner was supposed to be connected, but was not. We told the front desk person who came to have a look and moved us to an upgraded room which was much better.

The bed was comfy but only a queen size. Pretty convenient to everything in Victoria. Not far from great walking paths along the Gorge. Restaurant was good. Staff at the front desk was friendly. The people in the room above were stomping around the room and bumping things. When quiet time started (10pm) the noise continued so we called the front desk and they did a good job of following up - the noise stopped and the desk called us back to check.

The size of the room, the coffee and the layout
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The room needs upgrading very badly. The wind blew the curtains as the windows are single pane. Also, the window sills were very dirty. The bathtub is coming away from the wall and the toilet had trouble flushing at times. When we booked we asked for 2 rooms close together. That did not happen - we were told because we checked in 20 minutes early! We said we could wait, but that didn't happen either.

The size of the room, the coffee and the layout

On the plus, front desk stafff were great and the location...
    • Queen Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Things that could be improved, beds, very hard. The lock on my door did not work, bath tub was not super clean and overall the room needs an update.

On the plus, front desk stafff were great and the location met my needs!

Never staying at this hotel again or other Ramada Hotels. The rate for this hotel should be 0.

1) Only 1 front door working. 2) Elevator not working. 3) animal hair in bed. 4) Chair dirty & stained. 5) When the lid for the toilet was down it was not cleaned behind it (hair & urine). 6) TV volume to loud to listen to. 7) ran out of toilet paper the last morning. 8) needed to ask for face clothes to be replaced. 9) Was told the manager would be phoning me 2 times, still waiting for the call.

The location was the only thing that I like about the hotel by the end of the stay.

See above.

We couldn't check in when we arrived (around 4:30) because the room keys weren't working and the desk person needed to wait for the manager to come in and fix it. When we WERE able to check in (an hour later), we were informed that the elevator was out of order and we had to haul our week's worth of luggage up 4 flights of stairs, only to find that our rooms were not clean. The shower curtains had mould on them, and there was someone else's food in our fridge (who knows for how long). The third night we were there, there was a man and his friend who were having a very violent argument in the room next to ours (sounds like they were actually physically fighting). I tried to call the front desk, but NO ONE WAS THERE. I had to risk my personal safety to go down there in person to find someone to address the issue. They were still fighting when I went to go back to my room, and I couldn't get into my room because (as I later found out), our doors key-reader ALSO hadn't been properly cleaned, so I ended up being stranded outside of my room while (based on what it sounded like) there were literal punches being thrown in the room next door. AND the hotel gave him "one more chance" before they were going to kick him out. I was staying here while my students, chaperones, and I were in Victoria for a field trip. I tell you, I did NOT feel safe while we were there, and our stay was NOT pleasant (thank goodness we didn't spend much time at the hotel). I have stayed at other Ramada's in the past, and I have had positive experiences; I trusted the brand and I booked at this hotel without hesitation. I will definitely think twice before staying at ANY Ramada Inn's in the future.

Good value for money, good restaurant, beer store and nice...

I wasn't explained about the pre-authorization procedure on my credit card ~ causing confusion when I checked out. The place is very dated and tattered-looking overall and didn't appear that clean though it was decent enough. Very loud flushing sounds coming from pipes all night long and the exits were odd, and the elevator was not working. I would rather have paid a bit more and gotten better, though $69 night on a long weekend is a great price. My expectations were not that high ~ but there are better places in Victoria for a similar price and I would not stay here again.

Good value for money, good restaurant, beer store and nice bar downstairs. Bed was comfortable, nice deep bathtub and great water pressure. Plenty of parking, good location.

I stayed, I slept, I left...everything I needed to do!

Elevator was broken and my room was on the 4th floor. Not great with a bad knee.

I was able to check in early! Front desk gentleman was very nice, and apologetic about the elevator.

nope

How about. the sheets were dirty. the tub didn't drain. not all the plug ins worked. the house keeping . well some of the worst I have ever seen. I was the one changing the sheets, towels filling coffee, cups and emptying the garbage, we would be gone for 8 hours or more and the room was not touched. the elevator is "down" it had been down for 2 months. Not a place we will ever be going back to.

the room stayed warm.

There's an exceptionally good restaurant(Crow's...
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The elevators were not working(had not been working for a week) and we had to struggle with our luggage on our own till 4th floor till the handles snapped.The room facilities are old. I wouldn't recommend it!!

There's an exceptionally good restaurant(Crow's restaurant) nearby for breakfast.

Overall a very unsatisfying 3 day stay. Will not rebook at this facility.

Staff were not very friendly or able to provide a room even when an early check-in was clearly requested. The hotel common areas were not clean, the elevator was out of service which meant a very confusing and lengthy trek to the room without proper directions. When asking staff for assistance, they either could not understand English or were unwilling to assist. Hallways were very dirty, carpets not cleaned and walls had damages which were not repaired.

Loved the location of the facility.

We stayed for a family member in the hospital, the cost and location were the two major factors

Building, Rooms and Grounds are in dire need of repair and upkeep, with dirty halls broken landscape and NON_WORKING ELEVATOR! The Maid service failed to do a thorough cleaning of our Room for three days they only changed the towels and made the bed.

the location and cost and restaurant were antiquate.

price was good but the hotel is in desperate need of maintenance.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

mold on shower ceiling. toilet seat was falling off. signs of water damage in stairwells. elevator only worked the first of five days in room coffee was the worst I have had. weak. you can hear people talking in the adjacent rooms. Disruptive while trying to sleep.

price

Location was good and only a 5min ride on public transport into downtown Victoria.

Although the bed was comfortable, the pillows were old and lumpy. Bedding was ill-fitting and appeared faded but was clean.

Quiet room. Good bathroom, great shower and toiletries. Quick check in. Staff very professional and quick to respond to any questions.

Awful will not stay again!

Bed sheets had yellow stains on them Other people hairs everywhere on the walls around the sink Sticky marks on the bedside cabinet Old and needs painting Wardrobe doors nearly fall off when you open them! Door keys never open first time took three attempts at reception to open the door! Reception rude Overall dirty and you can find better rated motels or hotels for cheaper and cleaner

It was quiet.

Looking out the window there were cigerette butts all over the roof top! Quite a bit of them - kinda disgusting!

It was quiet. Beds were comfortable. Good price.

Another excellent experience.

A longer stay !!!

Wonderful staff who went out of their way to give excellent service. Small issue with the room coffee maker was dealt with and resolved way beyond our expectations. We have stayed here a number of times before and will definitely do so again.

Great location, great stay!

The hotel close to the city center,great location,the staff was very friendly and helpful,clean room,comfortable bed,good price,great stay,would be back!

Rooms where nice and clean
    • Queen Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

On my second day in Victoria I had to leave unexpectedly for a family emergency, (about 2:30 pm) and I was charged full price for the second night, I know that I was late for check out but I would think there could have been something worked out for that night.

Rooms where nice and clean

great value for the money clean and well appointed good location in better part of town
    • Deluxe Queen Suite with Kitchen - Non-Smoking

As there was no light in the kitchen,even in the hood fan I would suggest under cabinet after market lights The Giant 12cup coffee pot needs to be updated to the 2 cup that matches the reg size coffee pkg And moved over to the desk so there is at least room for the dish rack and to work in the kitchen Aside from this , a reno to a smaller stove or built in 3 burner top scrap the oven, new hood fan and smaller microwave would be best but I realize this may not be in the budget it really was suffice I would like to recommend a 3 or 4 peg coat rack on the wall above the heater It not only looks bare but would be very convenient even thou there is a nice closet

the room was well set up very comfortable all around bed and linen good Kitchen fairly well appointed Liked the updated counter happy about the place it was quiet at night overall and would stay agian

The Hotel is in a beautiful location.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The King size bed was terrible. You come for one night and can not even sleep, because of the old mattress that was like swayback. It was soo hart to get out of it.

The Hotel is in a beautiful location. We liked the old style.