Reviews of Ramada by Wyndham Fredericton 2.8 stars

480 Riverside Drive, E3A 8C2 Fredericton, Canada

#17 of 23 hotels in Fredericton

because of above lack of erstaurent and closing of the lounge on sunday we will probably not return.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

after long day on road we look forward to a good meal in site and a place to have a wine with meal. we had to go off site for a meal and the lounge was closed for sunday so we couldn't have a wine

facility was clean, well maintained. breakfast was excellent

It was Filthy!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Dirty, broken shower, locks missing on second entry to hotel, torn dirty carpet at entry. I would not refer anyone to this location

It was Filthy!! I have been in Canada for the past 10 Days, this was the worst condition hotel during my entire stay.. Ramada Inn International needs to come see this property

We had a very enjoyable four night stay at the Ramada.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

It would've been nice to have a microwave in the room. The coffee pot was a single cup one and the coffee it brewed was very weak. The bathroom could use some updating, but was very clean.

The staff members were very welcoming and pleasant. Our room was quite soundproof. The pool and hot tub seemed to be well looked after.

Never again!
    • Deluxe Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

The hotel smells awful and the carpet was not washed probably for years. Its looked like motel. My suite was given to someone else, so I was put into business class room instead that was not renovated. Bodily fluids(that looked like blood stains and even worse) were all over the chairs in the room.I had to clean it with lysol wipes that I brought. Some towels looked like they were already used. There was only one basic pillow sham on each pillow. The pillows' content fell apart, having multiple pieces inside. The middle age waitress in the restaurant touched a choker on my neck(sliding her fingers all over my neck) two times saying that it is pretty , even though I did signal with my body language that it is uncomfortable. The older waitress was appropriate and helpful, given me options, as I eat gluten free. I had to drag my suitcase to the second floor and down, nobody tried to help me. They did not call the taxi for me , just gave me a number and I had to call taxi using my long distance number. They are not interested who is coming in or leaving the hotel, they do not care, and it is not safe. When I expressed my concern at the reception, I was sent to the manager's room to repeat my story again and promised it will be investigated and the refund will be sent to me by Expedia, which I did not receive yet.He was more interested whether I took the pictures and wanted to look at them, although my room was located close to his office and he could just simply go and take a look.

Meatballs at the restaurant.

Good experience that I would recommend to others
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Individual room location was beside a rear entrance that had a crowd of smokers at various times.

Pool and hot tub are a great addition to the experience. Staff were very helpful and accommodating of my circumstance of traveling with two dogs

My room was booked with 4 people staying in the room. They only had 2 towel in the room.
    • Deluxe King Room with Sofa Bed- Non-Smoking

That I didn't get the room that I booked online. If I had of known that not one of my rooms that I booked werent going to have a balcony before I had the kids in the lobby. I would have canceled and went somewhere else.

I liked the main area out by the pool.

It had s nice pool area
    • Deluxe King Room with Sofa Bed- Non-Smoking

There wasn't enough pool sticks,the bar wasn't open,and the damage deposit was $200 usually at other hotels it only $100

It had s nice pool area

The inside courtyard was an interesting concept.
    • Deluxe King Room with Sofa Bed- Non-Smoking

The sofa bed was on its last legs, to the point where the stuffing was coming out of the seams. The price seemed a bit high for the condition/age of the property. We were not able to use the internet, we could connect but could not maintain connection long enough to even check email.

The inside courtyard was an interesting concept. Unfortunately we were too late checking in to take advantage of it?

I was frustrated that breakfast was not complimentary.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I was frustrated that breakfast was not complimentary. Yet it was offered at a Ramada we stayed at in Ontario during the same trip. I also do not understand why there are no elevators

A pleasant stay at a location that was convenient for us.

Nothing really. It is located across the river from the main district of Fredericton and tourist attractions but location is quiet.

The front desk staff was very welcoming and helpful. The room was good,the bed was comfortable and the food and service in the restaurant was excellent. The courtyard looked to be very appealing to families and groups who would use it for socializing outside their rooms.

Will be my new go to place in Fredericton
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Very impressed with the overall cleanliness of room. I work for a cleaning company and little areas often missed in other local hotels were dust free here. Great job to the housekeeping staff :)

Not a good value wouldn't stay here again
    • Deluxe King Room with Sofa Bed- Non-Smoking

Room key didn't work half the time had to go to front desk for new twice. Booked hotel for hot tub and it was out of order and front desk never advised of this upon check in. Room was ok at best, sheets I hope were clean, they were out on inside out and very wrinkled. Checked out and checked into a new hotel in fredericton do to poor quality.

Overall a good stay
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Beds not very comfortable in the room I was in anyway. Alot of rowdy kids in the building the weekend I was there.

Very friendly staff. Nice facilities, heated pool and nice hottub. Great brunch on Sunday morning for a good price.

It is a clean place to rest our heads but is getting run down and needs upgraded.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Our room was cold and we kept the thermostat as high as it would go. 78 degrees. They sent someone up to look at it and he said "it's 78". We told him it doesn't feel like 78 in here, it's chilly. He rolled his eyes at us and said it's warm enough. The pillows have seen better days. The bathroom needs upgraded. Tile and tub are getting grubby.

It was clean and the front desk staff were great.

We had a room with a balcony that overlooked a small...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We had a room with a balcony that overlooked a small waterfall with the fish swimming in the pond, it was very calming while enjoying a few beers..very relaxing

Dirty and rude
    • Deluxe King Room with Sofa Bed- Non-Smoking

Staff put us in a smaller room we didnt book hoping we didnt notice the switch. Staff was rude when we went back to get this corrected.the bed looked like it has been slept in, there was garbage in the room.

The Romada Inn in Fredericton , the food was delicious but the pillows not comfy to sleep on
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The fan wasn't working in bathroom when taking a shower. Pillows weren't as comfy as alot of other hotels. ( Not fluffy, they were too flat)

Loved that there was a restaurant at inn and that there were many selections on menu and the food was very good.

Great location, excellent service
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The hotel itself is a little dated, but the wonderful customer service and the location make up for it! Great spacious room, restaurant on site, great food, but the most impressive thing at this place was their people, they look happy to work there and therefore provide excellent customer service

more than met our needs. at the same time as another event in Fredricton. may have let to high price
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

small bed for two people. For the price it could have been a larger one.

rooms are quiet, very comfortable, and clean. Shower was my favorite with lots of pressure.

Old and outdated
    • Deluxe King Room with Sofa Bed- Non-Smoking

It's old outdated and needs allot of work in order keepfor them to keep charging 150$ for one night and your room has a bad smell, a leaking toilet, wallpaper peeling off everywere, an old bed sitting on the ground no frame. 3 Pool tables in pool area not operational. Never again will we be going there.

Food was good at the restaurant in the hotel.

4.5
    Staff were nice.

Mildew in the bathroom, old uncomfortable bed, dark and dated room. In need of an update and repairs. Booked for 9 nights but stayed for only one night. Very disappointing.

Staff were nice.

Nope.
    • Deluxe King Room with Sofa Bed- Non-Smoking

The pool was cloudy and just nasty looking, the hot tub was on the fritz. We had a king plus pull out couch and I couldn't even get a 50lb kid to sleep on it without objecting in misery about the springs. The place stank like a party hotel from the 80's where you smoked in bed and pissed out the side entrance doors. This place needs a major Lysol bath and some paint. For 150$ I'd have rather slept in my car.

The hotel restaurant has amazing food, I would honestly come here just for the food and friendly staff.

The kids enjoyed the pool as it wasn't very busy.

The hotel needs some updating to bring it back to it's original standard. It was ok, but could be much better.

The kids enjoyed the pool as it wasn't very busy. The room was good value for a place to stay for the night.

We booked a queen room and whewhen we got there, we were...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The bed had weird lean to it

We booked a queen room and whewhen we got there, we were upgrade to a king room at no extra charge. The room was nice and so was the stuff.

Okay, but not great.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Room was a bit dated - insufficient towels & hand towel was of particularly poor quality 1st day. Right number and quality the second day.

Location. Shower was very good. Restaurant food and staff were excellent.

Sort of gross

It was outdated, the pool was gross and I wouldn't let my toddler go in, the rooms weren't the cleanest, there were cigarette butts everywhere outside of the entrances, the front desk people were okay. I was quite disappointed, but it was just for one night so it was fine.

Nothing.. there was a driving range we saw before we left that could be fun

Pretty good
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Hotel has to be updated. Tubs and showers need to be replaced. They are gross looking.

I liked how friendly the staff at the front desk was. I also appreciated how clean the room was.

Good but a few changes to be made
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The bathroom had a funny smell in it at all times, had to keep the door closed. The pool closed at 10 not allowing us to go one of the two nights and the cleaning staff talking out by the door waking up the other person that was in the room with me even though the do not disturb sign was on the door

The room with the balcony were nice, beds were comfortable. Front desk staff were friendly and willing to help

Ramada inn Missed the mark on this INN.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Overall Average.Booked two rooms. Location away from Downtown or the main city Centre. it is on the other side of the river. Did not include even continental Breakfast ( almost standard at most hotels). THe hotel design with the indoor pool in the middle surrounded by the hotel rooms. the ones with balconies overlooking the pool are awful. could not sit on the balcony or even open the door for the strong smell of Chlorine and the humidity - Noticed mold buildup on the fans over the pool with half of them not running. will not check in there again.

Nothing really

Noisy... difficult to rest here. :-(

Very noisy because of the courtyard late at night... Rooms should be soundproofed. Difficult to sleep even if I was very tired. Room 134 has a leaky toilet.

The staff were friendly, and answered all requests promptly.
    • Deluxe King Room with Sofa Bed- Non-Smoking

The wifi was terrible. I could barely connect and ended up using data instead. It was obvious that the pool hadn't been cleaned in a long time. Water was also freezing. I suspect the hotel was quite nice when it opened...it is fine, but no longer in its glory days.

The staff were friendly, and answered all requests promptly.

It was a place to sleep won't utilize this site again if in Fredericton.

The sheets were thin and see through, Mold around the tub, rust around the tub drain, tub mat was old and badly yellowed.

Not a lot, just a place to sleep.

We stay here usually when in Fredericton.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Better circulation of air from the pool area. Smell of chlorine in the rooms can be strong when you first walk in to them.

We really like that the restaurant is right on site. Indoor to get to it. We like the patios looking over the pool area.

Great place to stay (as long as there's no party or conference in the courtyard)

Interior courtyard is a problem when the facility is hosting a conference or event (noisy until late at night)

Nice interior courtyard and excellent restaurant.

Was okay... expected better

Asked for a balcony and got a balcony that was inside the building. There was a loud country band playing right outside our room till about midnight! You pay for the breakfast and it's barley even worth it the options you get. (Just a couple different options on the menu)

Hot tub was nice:

The pool area looked nice
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

It seemed a bit run down and was not typical of other Ramadan I stayed at. For the price I didn't find this a great deal.

The pool area looked nice

Great hotel and value
    • Deluxe King Room with Sofa Bed- Non-Smoking

I didnt like that there was no air-conditioning therefore the room was too warm to sleep comfortably. No elevator or lift was a bit of a challenge also for some one with arthritis.

I loved the courtyard and pool area and the room layout was nice.

I do NOT recommend this place, at all.

It felt dirty. The entrance smelled like cigarettes. There was NO towels in my room what so ever, couldn't shower. The pool area was noisy (could hear it from my room) The air exchanger felt like it wasn't working, super hot & humid. No elevator. Carpet was dirty (wouldn't take off my shoes).

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

Good but not happy with the deposit!

They required a 200.00 deposit which was not disclosed. They blamed it on Booking and said they were not obliged by anything Booking. com said. I will be complaining about this.

Close to the downtown core of Fredericton within 5 minutes.

Close to the downtown core of Fredericton within 5 minutes. Great location for a great price! Price is lower though because a continental breakfast is not included, but the meals at the on site restaurant are reasonably priced.

Do not stay at this filthy hotel.

Both beds had significant hair on the pillows, and when I turned to covers to examine the cleanliness of the bedding, both beds contained curly hair in significant amounts. I was forced to sleep in my clothes on top of the bedding. Because I arrived so late there was not time to move to a different room. Other areas of the room, the bathroom for instance, had stains on the door that indicated that a maid had not wiped these surfaces in years.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

There was squeaking in something all night in the bathroom,...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There was squeaking in something all night in the bathroom, I would have understand it if the was a bathroom fan in there but no fan. Did not let front desk know until next morning because if I did, I thought we would have to move rooms.

Families and couples don't stay here.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Dirty rooms.. dirty bathrooms. Terrible room service. Hair dryer didn't work.. bed was sloppy. Not enough towels for two people. Window on ground level was taped up with duck tape... Fridge in room would not close. Nothing appealing at all. Did not get the type of room we booked and confirmed online.

Food in restaurant fine.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

Staff were very nice and room very clean. We got a great deal and certainly got our money's worth
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Unfortunately the hot tub was crowded and then not operating the morning after so we did not get to use it.

We were given a very nice room. Very clean.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

Great family night away!

The hot tub could of been cleaner. There was a dirty foam on top. But I did understand when we stayed that a lot of kids were there that night too.

We did not have breakfast included. I had thought I had picked that option but I guess not. We really enjoyed the balcony outside our room to the courtyard. We enjoyed the pool tables. Could have used better pool cues but I understand they are used by everyone.

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

Watch your damage deposit
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I was accused of smoking (ashes on my window sill? No!). This cost me $200. Completely at their mercy. They said so, so it is. Staff lovely but I will never return. You provide $200 damage deposite watch at beginning and they are free to just keep it,

staff was friendly, checked us in 1/2 hour early.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

it didnt seem very clean. my boyfriend got a bite on his arm at the restaurant or the room so then we were paranoid the rest of the night. Also the bed was not very comfortable it was really hard. Our room location wasnt great either we were put right across the room from a young hockey team so it wasnt very quiet.

staff was friendly, checked us in 1/2 hour early. and the restaurant food was good too!! easy to find off the highway

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

Great time

Indoor terrace could use some cleaning/dusting, would be nice if pool towels handier than front desk

Staff was super friendly and helpful, and the restaurant was wonderful

• Reviewed: 3 December 2016

Always like the area will return

In general everything ok the parking lot was noisy do to lots of hydro trucks nothing could be done lots of power outage in surrounding areas after all the workers needed a rest to after long shift

In general everything ok and during the storm you dont have to get out the restaurant in building was good

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

Great fun!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

cappuccino machine for sure!....

Friendly bar servers....new waitress on board, and she was fantastic along with the old souls ...I introduced a few new drinks to the girls... West Vancouver

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

Staff were all pleasant, friendly and helpful
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Room was quite hot - air conditioning worked, but was so loud it was hard to sleep. Discovered we could open the window next night

Staff were all pleasant, friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: 10 September 2016

okplace
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Location good for business travellers but nothing within walking distance, great views of the parking lot. Parking far from the door, our room was on the second floor...had to drag our luggage across the lot and up two flights of stairs.

Rooms were comfortable

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

Save a few bucks and still have a good night.
    • Deluxe King Room with Sofa Bed- Non-Smoking

Breakfast isn't included.... but oh well. We had some fresh bread and jam from a local shop for breakfast and went about our day. That is literally my only complaint.

The courtyard is nice. Billiards, foosball, hottub, pool, etc are all decent. Nothing spectacular. The rooms are more modern then the exterior would have you believe. Beds were very comfortable. It's on the North end but Fredricton is not big, you can drive anywhere in 5-10 minutes.

We ate both our dinner and breakfast in the hotel restaurant...
    • Deluxe King Room with Sofa Bed- Non-Smoking

The walls are a bit thin so when the group get together is in the room next to you, I had to turn up the TV to drown out their voices so I could fall asleep.

We ate both our dinner and breakfast in the hotel restaurant and in both cases the food and service were great.

Cleaning lady got us into a new room because the AC unit was...

Broken AC unit

Cleaning lady got us into a new room because the AC unit was broken. Wish I could remember her name. She was awesome!!!! Nicest lady ever... went well out if her way to help. She needs to be promoted to customer care and service!!!!

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

It served our purpose for a one night stay in Fredericton.
    • Deluxe King Room with Sofa Bed- Non-Smoking

Cleanliness of shower. Location of hotel was about 2 mi outside of town ... .OK with car but not within easy walking distance of the very nice downtown area.

Room was in nice shape, although the bathroom was a bit marginal in the shower area.

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

Not good

They told us a wedding was going on and the poop was a reception and there would be our music playing until midnight. They told us this after we paid.

Was clean

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

restaurant.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

this establishment is showing its age! time to upgrade the room decore. pay more attention to repair ie leak in the bathroom,steped in water before noticed the water...mold around tub!!

restaurant... supper was very good!! breakfast could have been better experiance ie $1 extra for a GF toast..?and food from grill tasted off.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

Worth every penny 😊

The beds were a little firm but that was the only issue I had

I liked how easy it was to check in and out and that you got your deposite back right away unlike most hotels where you have to wait 3-5 business days and the staff were so friendly and accommodating and let us check in early with no problems this is definitely the best hotel I have stayed at

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

Good value for the price
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The bathroom was obviously part way through an upgrade. The sink, taps and vanity were beautiful. The tub/shower area was still back in the 80s. The hotel itself is quite dated.

The room was really nice and the bed was very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

Amazing family fun!!

One thing I didnt like was that we weren't able to enjoy the hot tub because it was broken.

I loved the little balcony outside the room. I was able to sit there and enjoy watching my kids and my husband play in the pool. The pool area was amazing.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

The room was nice.

We have been travelling for awhile now and we booked this hotel due to pool and hot tub. We arrived late and checked in and poolside was closed so we were looking forward to using it in morning before leaving. We get to the pool and head to hot tub and there is a sign stating jets were broken but it was cleaned every night and could still be used. We were the first ones in and it had hair and or things floating in the top. When checking out, we mentioned this and how it would have been nice to know it didn't work and the receptionist said it is what it is basically in a not nice way. The hot tub broke on Aug. 3 and the was almost a week later. I think they should have given guests some kind of discount for this inconvience... That is just me though.

The room was nice. The food at in the restaurant was average.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

Nice bed but lousy service.
    • Deluxe King Room with Sofa Bed- Non-Smoking

I didn't like how we were treated by the staff. The desk manager had an attitude as well as anyone else we encountered. The sink was clogged for someone previous which was gross and the maintenance gave us attitude. The pool was supposed to be open till 11 for adult swim and they changed it till ten but didn't change their information on their binder in room and when I asked about it they were not polite. Not to mention the attitude of the waitress in the

I liked the bed it was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

Very Impressed!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Great staff, and great facility. From the front desk to the restaurant /bar staff we were all very impressed. The best hospitality and value on our trip through NS/NB and Quebec. We will be back and have already bragged about you to friends. Thanks

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

decent value for price
    • Deluxe King Room with Sofa Bed- Non-Smoking

there were alot of flies in the room. the sink faucet was dirty. didn't like that there was no air conditioning the room got really hot through the night and the curtains don't block the light so it was quite bright by sunrise.

the beds were pretty comfy and we liked that there was free cable on the TV with channels people actually like to watch. shower was warm with good pressure.

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

The pool, hot tub and fountain pond area were very nice!

It was a bit outdated!

The pool, hot tub and fountain pond area were very nice!! Loved it!! Would absolutely stay again!! The breakfast that was included in our stay was scrumptious!! Glad we had choices for it!!

• Reviewed: 29 July 2016

Best Accommodations in Fredericton.

Not applicable.

Great food , excellent service ,very attentive staff.There is no finer place in Fredericton to stay, every effort is made to make you feel at ease. Koodo's to the whole staff from Manager to house keeping . Super People.

Loved our stay!
    • Deluxe King Room with Sofa Bed- Non-Smoking

Staff were friendly and very helpful . Restaurant was great!

Great place for a stop & go
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Big room, quick check in and great free breakfast.

Everyone was helpful and friendly.

Ramada was a bit away from town but worked out in the end.

Everyone was helpful and friendly.

6.0
    Old and run down

AC was very loud. Rooms are old Really need a update.

Rude staff

Rude staff

Amazing!

All of it ! My 8 yr old said it was his best birthday ever

Excellent service excellent food and very clean rooms
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

That you’re charged more then the room cost until they release it and for that reason I won’t stay again

Loved it here, can't wait to be back!!!!

No microwave in the room and no fan in the bathroom.

We absolutely loved the mezzanine area with the waterfall!!! The restaurant was delicious.

Browse Ramada by Wyndham Fredericton traveller photo gallery