Reviews of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Conference Centre Regina 4 stars

1975 Broad Street, S4P 1Y2 Regina, Canada

#10 of 38 hotels in Regina

The room was spacious and clean.

The bathroom was very very small...hardly room to even put down the bathmat. The bathroom door came within an inch of the toilet.....way too crowded!! Also the choice of TV channels was very poor.

The room was spacious and clean. The raised toilet was very nice for myself with MS and my husband with arthritis. The towels with big and lush. The beds were comfortable and housekeeping was great. We used the underground parking which was convenient and safe. The cookies were delicious!!!

I would stay here again.

The parking lot is expensive, and you feel very isolated

The bed was very comfortable, and I like that you could have fresh air, and stand on a balcony

Great stay in Regina

Check in staff was excellent and friendly, they enjoyed having us stay there. It has a good business attitude, also enjoyed the breakfast and dining room. Would definitely stay again.

It was a little disappointing and expensive to stay for 6 days!

I stayed at your hotel while my husband had major surgery at the nearby hospital. The rates were quite high, and we were stuck in a small room right beside the elevators. All night long we had to listen to people getting on and off the elevators, talking and yelling in the hall waiting for the elevators, It was terrible. With this hotel being right downtown it seemed that there was a lot of local people around, picking through ashtrays, and looking for change. The other thing that bothered me was having to pay $15/night for parking on top of what we already had to pay for our room.

The staff was very friendly, the cookies were delicious and the bed was comfortable.

Relaxing

Parking extra, should be in the cost of the room. For 150 a night with nothing in with that. As in hot tub pools or parking not a meal ! NOTHING! The room supplied for two only when booked for three. That rooms are booked ahead and still require is and credit card. Reason people book online to cut the hassle. And not given oppions about the breakfast.

The place over all is clean and nice. Elevators with key.

Very nice
    • Queen Room

Fridge made a high pitch noise, but only noticed it in the morning before I left (when I didn't have the TV on)

Very clean, beds super comfy and staff very nice and friendly

It was a busy weekend, so it was nice to come back to my room for peace and quiet.
    • Queen Room

I forgot to request non feather pillows It took a really long time to get hot water for bathing

Bed was comfortable and the room was quiet. Staff were friendly and helpful.

All in all, a good stop for a night. Nothing great, nothing terrible.

The hotel is a bit dated but not terribly. The breakfast was expensive.

The bed and pillows were quite comfortable which is always important. The room was reasonably clean. The underground parkade was the reason that we chose this hotel as our travel was in the midst of a Saskatchewan cold spell. Server at breakfast was very good.

great location, staff and food excellent. Rooms were not up to standard. Ask for upgrades.
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The rooms could have matched the rest of the hotel..... rooms that I was in were poor in comparison to the lobby.

The staff was fabulous and the food was good. The rooms were very dated and not up to standard in my books. be prepared to keep your shoes on. I changed rooms once because the old bathtub area was gross. likely clean enough but looked horrible with stains. I asked for a discount and they offered me an upgrade on my next stay with a gesture of waving one restraint bill If you go, ask for an renovated room or an upgrade. I would expect that a Hilton would be top notch......

We are seniors and value a quiet stay in hotels.The Double Tree Regina is a very quiet hotel.
    • Queen Room

WIFI connection required re-setting every time computer was turned on - but staff was helpful in advising how to re-connect.Just annoying to have to reconnect every time. Even though we had reserved through Booking.com,when we arrived the hotel had no record of our reservation mwhich created a problem,and delay in checking in.People in line behind us were annoyed at the delay.

Queit,clean,modern facility.Staff extremely helpful with directions and solving computer problems.

Overall it was good enough for one night. But for the price I expected more.

There was a fan on the wall that pointed directly into the bed. Tried everything but couldnt get it to shut off. Air was so dry we had to run the shower to put some moisture into the room. The bathroom was so tiny it was cramped to do makeup and hair and get ready. Breakfast buffet was subpar, nothing exciting and the food was fairly bland. I was there for half an hour and not once did a server come to ask me if I wanted a drink so I didn't get my morning tea. She only showed up when it was time for the cheque.

Rooms are spacious and nicely rennovated. Although the bathroom was very tiny, the shower was very nice! Great downtown location, close to restaurants, bars and the casino. If it wasn't winter it would be walking distance to everything.

Deine was top notch. The entire staff were lovely. The food was amazing .
    • Queen Room

I found the room thermostat hard to adjust & the fridge in the room was too cold. It ruined my food. Also the WiFi was terrible. It was better at other hotels.

I really appreciated the staff person on the front desk. Her name was Deine & she made the wait for my room very comfortable. She always had a smile during my stay & was very informative about the facilities offered by the hotel & Regina. I received a warm cookie on checking in & got to vote on the staff pumpkin carving. It can be lonely travelling by one's self & the entire staff, especially in the restaurant/bar area ,always had time to chat. The food was excellent & many choices. They made me feel less alone. The figure skating was amazing.The extra elevator security made me feel safer.

Only one person on the desk in the evening so phone...

Only one person on the desk in the evening so phone wasn't answered. After twenty minutes had to go down to the desk and then wait again as others were in line.

Fantastic room very enjoyable. Not really a kid friendly environment, more for the mature traveller.

The marketing of the room

The entire stay was fantastic. My only disappointment is with the listings for the property. Booking.com has too many choices on the site for the same location i.e. refundable/nonrefundable, supposed "free" breakfast or parking but really it is just tallied in the cost of the room. Plus once you get to these sites the have amenities "barred" from third party bookers and only allowed for their "loyal" guests.

Would not stay here again.

The bed was awful; both my partner and I slept terribly both nights. There is no free parking, your only option is to pay $12 a day per vehicle to park because the hotel 'rents' their lot from Impark. The hotel also tried to gouge us for a 'DMF' fee and TAX on that fee.

Ran out of cookies!

Loved the welcome , warm cookies!!!!!! Wanted to take some home but they were sold out...😢 The onsite Starbucks staff were amazing!!! Overall great trio

good location, clean and easy transaction stay.
    • Queen Room

we reserved a gueen size room. which seemed to us as the bed was a double. as only there for short stay it was not much of a deal to worry about.

everyone was very friendly there!. was given a parking ticket on the parking lot onsite of the hotel, When paid for parking with the room. it was easily corrected. room was very clean and had everything needed as a travellor.

Terrific hotel, terrific value.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The room was clean, large and comfortable, with the added bonus of a balcony. The buffet breakfast at the restaurant was perfect for us, and there was even a Starbucks for the day we were too rushed to eat at the buffet. We loved the ambience of the foyer. We were amazed by the service we received from Deine at the front desk. She went above and beyond and made us feel right at home. She is so good at her job! Can't say enough good things. Only drawback was the bathroom was small but it didn't bother us.

The stay was great.

Parking was charged separately per night and staff does not even help in finding a parking. Hotel has no reserve parking slots. No one to assist in carrying luggage during checkin or check out. You have to get the cart yourself and move your luggage in or out.

Was in the center of downtown with great access to all city areas and highstreet

We enjoyed our stay the close proximity to many great eating places was perfect.

The facility was very nice.Our only complaint was the outside patio.We sat outside and had a drink.The service was excellent but the patio was extremely dirty with a lot of garbage strewn around.That is the only negative comment we have.Would definitely book here again.

Overall..great!

We weren't crazy about paying your destination levy. The levy was charged and then taxed with GST and PST. It was a triple tax..not good!!!

Bed was comfy and the cookies were great....we even bought a tin of your cookies. Loved everything!!!!

Rooms were clean & tidy, beds were quite comfortable.

Temperatures of rooms booked were quite uncomfortable initially given the temperature in Regina was 30+ .... When we came back from the football game, the rooms had eventually cooled down somewhat but not really enough given the outside heat wave. Room thermostats were set at 22 degrees upon our arrival & when it's 34 degrees outside, it's hard to keep the room cool enough...For consideration of your guests comfort levels, care should be taken prior to guest arrival to ensure rooms are at a comfortable temperature given the impending hotter than normal forecast!

Rooms were clean & tidy, beds were quite comfortable. Dining in hotel lounge area after 8 pm was a bit pricey for quantity of food received but quality of food was very good! Sunday Breakfast Buffet was Excellent; quality, quantity & choice of food options were absolutely Outstanding. Well Done, Double Tree Hilton!!!

Enjoyed the stay
    • Queen Room

Water was very pricey. A vending machine would have been more convenient. Sketchy neighbourhood.

The beds were very nice. I like white linens and sheets. The warm cookies are a great touch. Staff was very helpful and kind.

Overpriced
    • Queen Room

No pool, no free breakfast, had to pay for parking, room too small, no microwave, didn't enjoy our stay there. Much cheaper places to stay at with way more accommodations.

Nice lobby

Fantastic!

Parkade was low and only few spots for trucks; all of which were taken. Had a surface lot beside the hotel though.

Bed was so comfortable, arrived early and an early check-in was not an issue and the greatest shower ever in a hotel. Expensive room but was fantastic! Cookies are always delicious too. Starbucks attached to hotel was added bonus.

Very clean hotel and very friendly staff.

Did not know about having to pay for parking until we arrived at the hotel. Extra charge just not expecting from the beginning.

Very clean hotel and very friendly staff.

Booked the room 2 weeks prior to the stay got there they had...

Booked the room 2 weeks prior to the stay got there they had overbooked we did not get to share a room with my daughter , but they did mansge to give us each a room on the same floor , she originally wanted to give me a queen room with a cot I said no way!

1st time at hotel.

1st time at hotel. Trouble with front desk communications to check for continental breakfast with room. Also 12.00 extra to park outside, room key would not allow acces. Rest of hotel was great. Verdict is out on a return.

I liked that I was able to text with the staff to...

When we arrived the room was too warm. It was quickly remedied but it took sometime to cool off!

I liked that I was able to text with the staff to communicate things like late check-in and late check-out. The staff was very accommodating and kind. Plus, there was a balcony!

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

Great customer service

couldn't quite get the AC as cool as I would like and the old heating system meant i had to have the valve shut off to keep the heat off in my room

top notch staff who are truly well trained in customer service

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

Overall good experience, would go back
    • Queen Room

I found hair clips by the bed from previous clients on the floor upon arrival.

-Pillows were great -Welcome cookie extremely delicious -Happy the used towels, tea etc were replaced quickly

• Reviewed: 22 November 2016

Superior Hotel

Room was spacious and very clean. Beds were comfy. Loved the in room coffee machine. Nice to have underground parking. Great location, short drive to U of R. Staff were incredibly friendly.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

We'll definitely return!

We were greeted with a delicious, warm cookie when we checked in. The staff were helpful and cheerful! Our room was excellent, and the breakfast buffet had a great selection. We will definitely stay here again! When we left, we asked to purchase 2 tins of their delicious chocolate chip cookies. The staff went to the kitchen to make sure the cookies were fresh and still warm. Nice!

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

We ordered from the bar downstairs.

We ordered from the bar downstairs. Take out ribs. Two orders were thrown into one box. We got back to our room and to our surprise the orders were together. We went back to the bar to make sure that they didn't forget any order because there weren't many ribs for 28.00 . To our surprise the server just shrugged about the orders being thrown together. To top it off the coleslaw was also loose in the box and running into the other food. Disappointed with his response. Basically said they were to be an appetizer and didn't have a problem with the combining of the order. Good thing we didn't order 2 steaks. The rest of the staff were great.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Best hotel in Regina

Nothing, solid all around!

The rooms are clean fresh and comfortable! The best staff! Nez at the front desk should be promoted out of all the hotels around the world we have stayed at she is our favourite person to deal with!

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

When I come visit my friend at college I plan to make

I had to leave

Not a man who wears a robe but I felt so pampered I rocked the frig out of that robe all night

Everything9

Everything9

No upgrades offered for being Hilton member

No upgrades offered for being Hilton member

Clean, nicely decorated

Bed was wobbly. Air conditioning unit outside the window and no view also right beside the elevator

Clean, nicely decorated

Great stay. I really like this place

I slept SO WELL in this bed! Got a GREAT nught’s sleep. I loved having the Starbucks downstairs, also.

The beds are so comfy!

The beds are so comfy!😊

Use of bio-degradable k-pods for coffee

Use of bio-degradable k-pods for coffee

Good location, half staff was really friendly however The front desk needs more training

Bathroom should have more attention, I found couple of hair in the bath tub that I am sure was not mine.

Warm cookies upon check in are a nice (and yummmy) touch!
    • Queen Room

Warm cookies upon check in are a nice (and yummmy) touch! Super friendly staff!

Location was good.

No pool. No hot tub. Gym was terrible

Location was good.

quiet

quiet

The fresh cookies

The fresh cookies

Food from the breakfast buffet was cold.

Food from the breakfast buffet was cold. Better to order off the menu to get a hot breakfast.

Starbucks in lobby

Thought parking was included but it was an extra $15/ night

Starbucks in lobby

I loved that there was a Starbucks in the building!
    • Queen Room

I loved that there was a Starbucks in the building! I also loved that the location was so centralized.

Enjoyed our Short stay, and would stay again if in the area.
    • Queen Room

There should be bottled water provided in the room, even if it’s for purchase

Very good service from front desk staff and restaurant staff.

Best trip yet!
    • Queen Room

Indoor parking, friendly staff, cleanliness, Starbucks, Wild Sage Resturaunt, and fantastic location.

Extremely satisfied with the property, staff and room

Everything was good

Great room with very comfortable bed.

Good stay

Nil

We loved the total security and the staff were awesome!

There was nothing I didn’t like... it was all perfect!!

We loved the total security and the staff were awesome!!!

lobby area was comfortable for groups to congregate

lack of pool/spa

lobby area was comfortable for groups to congregate

It was such a positive atmosphere staying there!

I just loved how comfy the bed and pillows were... the lady who cleaned the rooms was so nice!! It was an all around really awesome place to stay!

Thank you guys for being so efficient in your cleaning and by being so friendly too!

It was a lovely de-stressor after a beautiful wedding, the beds were great and the food was good too.

location is good

AC is really loud

location is good

Good one
    • Two Bedroom Suite with Sofabed Non Smoking

Front desk staff & other services

HAD A GREAT TIME

NOTHING TO SAY ALL WAS GOOD

ROOMS NICE AND LOCATION GREAT

Cookies at check in!

Cookies at check in!

Very happy with our stay there.

The bathrooms are small, but that was not a big issue.

Excellent rooms; very good restaurant with friendly staff; especially enjoyed the breakfasts.

Had a wonderful stay, thanks again!

All was Great, thank you! Pet was very comfortable also,

Good price for a great location.

Did not have hypo-allergenic toiletries or family-friendly facilities/options.

Clean and comfortable.

Bed

Over priced

Bed

Staff very friendly
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

$12 extra cost for parking

Staff very friendly

Good place to stay, comfortable.
    • Queen Room

A/C unit was noisy (1510).

Upgrade for king bed for no charge.

Great location,good value!

Expensive parking:(

Cookie!

Very difficult to use elevator carrying 2 cups of coffee

Very difficult to use elevator carrying 2 cups of coffee

Would come back and recommend definitely

Nothing really

Excellent front desk staff

Great place.

Great place. We were traveling with a baby, and the room was big enough for everyone to be comfortable in their bed/pack n play.

Keys didn't work some times

Keys didn't work some times

Great breakfast with a wide selection.

Great breakfast with a wide selection. The bed is super comfortable.

Great location, very comfortable.

Super comfortable bed, great service. Easily accessible location.

Browse DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Conference Centre Regina traveller photo gallery