Reviews of Résidences UQAM Ouest 3 stars

2100 rue Saint-Urbain, H2X 4E1 Montréal, Canada

6.1

5.6

• One Double Bedroom in a Eight-Bedroom Shared Apartment - Shared Bathroom

I didn’t like how i had to share with stangers and i felt so dirty even if the place was clean , it was an okay place for a last minute plan but never would i actually book a stay there again

• Studio

Staff couldn't answer my questions about parking, either on the street or in the underground garage. It was a bit far to walk for coffee and meals, and the kitchen in the room had NOTHING, not a single mug or spoon or pot, no microwave. Would have preferred two beds, but room was too small to accommodate this.

Location was close to transit. Price was very good. Room was well set up for working.

• Studio

Fridge door fell off straightaway, base of fridge was very dirty. Room and toilet were dirty. Had to ask for cups. Bedding had an odour. Were told this was an original room, not a refurbished one.

Close to underground for F1 circuit and evening street festivities. Could eat in our room if necessary and cook and heat water for tea/coffee on the hotplates. Brilliant supermarket near by.

• Studio

Our apartment was a bit smaller than we thought it was going to be. Also it was very warm as the fan wasn't working very well. There was also no kettle to make a hot drink in the morning. A bit noisy at night as we didn't realise it was a university block.

Location was excellent for what we needed. Very near to the music festival that was going on in downtown Montreal. Staff there were very friendly and helpful. We were able to do our washing there and made us feel welcome

• Studio

As mentioned, since it was a residence for students, some of the room services are limited and only if you request them, like the cleaning room service. You need to ask it everyday if you want your room cleaned up, although they do clean it.

The building itself is really pretty. It is mostly a residence for students of UQAM, so do not expect this to be a complete hotel, because it is not, however we were definitely aware of this since it was pretty much advertised on the brochure. The room was also as shown in the pictures, the wifi was AMAZING! (thanks to the fact that it is for students!) and the location of this property makes it a really great and cheap alternative to go to Montréal, being extremely well located (steps away from the subway station and many places you might want to visit). The staff was always great with us, always willing to help and provide information. If you're going with a low budget, this is definitely the best option you may get.

• Studio

The shower stall was small and hard to use. Other residents were very loud in the halls, especially at night. No A/C or speed control on fan meant the room was warm for sleeping. Lots of traffic on St. Urbain during F1. The room was not "tidied" over the 5 days, it would have been nice if the garbage had been collected.

Location was great for access to the Metro and restaurants on St. Laurent. There were dishes, pots and pans, and a bodum in the studio, so I could cook and make coffee, that was unexpected and very much appreciated.

• Three-Bedroom Apartment

manager on duty sucks, no customer service experience shown, no willingness to help customers’ request. No Parking it sucks if you have little kids with you. Parked at different location with extra fee. Even lost my pants for carrying items from parking space to the hotel. Got a three bedroom apartment: no AC, no microwave, no TV. My kids almost beat me up for missing those items in the apartment.

Great neighborhood. Great housekeeping. Great front desk even offered to escort us to the room

• Studio

The cleanliness of the bedding sets does not meet our standards.

Close to everything that we are interested. The parking garage is onsite and reasonably priced.

• One Double Bedroom in a Four-Bedroom Shared Apartment - Shared Bathroom

I didn’t like the fact that the room did not have a television.

I like the area very much, I wish there was televisions inside the rooom the place was clean and there should be a little bit more service provided the place was very accessible. I love Montreal a lot.

• One Double Bedroom in a Three-Bedroom Shared Apartment - Shared Bathroom

It was not properly serviced since used stuffs were here and there from the previous border. I also found couple used towels in the washroom :(

The best part was, I got the whole apartment for myself.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

There was no AC. rooms are hotter that sauna. Huge line to checkin. Staff didnt care to give extra fan. existing fans inside rooms are not upto mark(not sufficient to cool) . even we cannot open windows fully. shouting and noise from other rooms. not possible to sleep. bathroom is very very tiny. I would recommend booking.com to remove this hotel from their listing.

• Three-Bedroom Apartment

No air conditioning. Found a bug in the bed. Toilet was unstable. Had to share accommodation with random strangers. Three bed apartment was actually a suite of four separate private rooms with a common kitchen area. Not suitable for families.

Leaving at 4am as couldn't stand the heat and crummy accommodations.

• Studio

My room wasn't ready ( many others as well ) upon my arrival at 9pm ! I asked when it would be ready and the young woman said when she had a chance to clean it. How is she going to clean it when she is at the front desk !! I offered to clean it (she declined my offer) I had to wait. All the staff and guests where stressed; very unpleasant. Overpriced for sure. A small fan is a must; thankfully I knew to bring it from other reviewers. Window barely opens- hot & stuffy...Poor students :(

Fridge & stove & kitchen sink & a few dishes in room

• Studio

I had booked a two-room apartment and a studio for our stay. When we arrived around 10pm on August 11th, the studio was not yet ready. We were told by one of the guys at reception that the room would be ready when we came back from our late dinner. We came back after midnight, but were told again that our studio was not ready and to return in 45 minutes. Considering that check-in time started at 4pm, it was unprofessional that even after midnight, the room was still not ready. Thankfully we had our two-bedroom apartment to wait in, as the lobby would have been unbearable with its heat and lack of air circulation. At this point, all six of us were all exhausted as we had been travelling that day and some of us had to be up at 6am to go to a wedding. Around 1am, my sister and I went downstairs to enquire about the studio and were, again, told that the room wasn’t ready. After some time, the receptionist told us that once the other receptionist was finished with a client, he would send him to clean a studio for us and that it wouldn’t take very long as cleaning a room takes only about 20 minutes (!!). Since I had finally received an answer that was semi-acceptable, I went to bed because of my early wake-up call. Around 2:15am, one of the receptionists came to the room to give us the key for the studio. I went back to bed, only to be woken up around 2:45am by both male receptionists, demanding payment for the studio. I was utterly flabbergasted at the gall of these two employees; after such a debacle of an evening, why did they think it was okay to wake people up because they made an error? Could this not have waited for the morning? Since I didn’t want to follow them downstairs to complete the transaction, I agreed for them to use my credit card details that were already on record so I could go back to bed. This unprofessionalism was really unbelievable. I went back to bed, shaking with anger.

The location was the only good thing about this place.

• Studio

Air ventilation is not working in the first night, the indoor temperature goes up to 30 degree Celcius while outdoor temperature is only 20 degree. Shower room a bit too small.

The mattress is firm enough that you won't be disturbed by the one sleep beside you. Very good location & price. Ceiling fan is fantastic when the room is too hot.

• Superior Two-Bedroom Apartment

Location is great but super noisy at night. We had to shut our windows but still got woken up by the noise in the middle of the night. There is no air conditioning in the room.

Love that there are washer and dryer in the bathroom! This helps as our trip was 2 weeks long.

• Studio

Unmade bed covered by the comforter Dirty floor Supposed to be a kitchenette, but had no plates, one pan, no pots, one cup total, no kettle, no toaster, no tea towels, no dish soap, no cooking utensils, only one each of knife fork and spoon Were no hangers in closet three crumpled underiongarments on floor from previous renters

good ethernet connection

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

I had a private room and: - The place had a terrible smell, and we had to buy air fresheners and use them every 6 hours in order to have a neutral smell on our appartment - It was really dirty (I didn't use the kitchen as it was a mess, breadcrums and worst) - It was REALLY hot (22 degrees outside). No air conditioner and the fan was a joke - The staff were unfriendly most of the times, it looked like if they were doing you a favor - A man entered my room apparently for cleaning, but without even knocking

Great location, downtown was 3 blocks away

1. Condition of the room is too poor. No air circulation. The washroom fan is too noisy and doesn't really work well. Toilet flush is almost broken; the cloth rack is broken. The pot finally provided for warm up food even has holes in it and leak water... 2. Asked for the microwave and kettle but said cannot provide.

• Studio

No A/C. Booking.com information looked like parking was included. Room was supposed to be ready at 4. At 6, still unsure when it would be ready. Address not clearly marked on the street for guests arriving by car. No instructions for guests arriving by car. I ended up parking in the wrong building.

Location. Staff professional, courteous, helpful. Price is lower than other options. Room was clean. Hallway was quiet.

• One Double Bedroom in a Two-Bedroom Shared Apartment - Shared Bathroom

Hairs all over room, no sheets on beds, no air conditioning, random male staff walking into my room without knocking while I was just getting out of the shower, beds hard as a rock, floor dirty.

• Studio

The room does not have air conditioning. It has a ceiling fan (which unfortunately doesn't go fast enough) and the window can only open a crack. Very warm in the room, therefore only recommend sleeping there at night but not spending your day in the residence. This would mainly be an issue in the summer time.

Location was amazing. We could walk to where we needed to be and there's also a metro station very close by. The price is great, but you can't go in there thinking your going to get a 4-5 star hotel. It has what you need but that's it. Also, it was clean. Highly recommend this place if your only using it for somewhere to sleep while sightseeing around Montreal.

• Studio

Arrived after 10 pm and the room was not ready. SI had to do a long line to check in. Staff was not friendly even though the room was not ready. The price was not cheap but the conditions were unacceptable. I would not recommend any body to stay here. The bathroom was dirty and there were bugs in the room. The carpet outside smell terrible. They only provide a very small soap, no shampoo. Towels were tiny and very old. I did not find anything positive about this place. I will never stay here again!

• Studio

I forgot they didn't have air conditioners. To get any quality sleep you had to leave the windows open which means you will wake up very early due to road traffic. This will make it very difficult if you are in Montreal to party/go to afterhours everyday which is very possible

Awesome location. Very friendly and helpful staff. There probably isn't a cheaper 1 br with your own bathroom setup if all of Montreal. If you are here to explore montreal, dine at restaurants and do cultural stuff and not really party so much i would totally recommend this property.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

Everything was brutal. Bad service, did not get what we wanted, waited hours for our room, no air conditioning, no fans, terrible beds, way to expensive for what it Is. Never again that's forsure

• One Double Bedroom in a Two-Bedroom Shared Apartment - Shared Bathroom

there was no air conditioning at all, the room was i long hot all day and all night which made the stay a little rough. when we asked for towels the front office told us 3 hours max, but 3 hours later there were no towels in our room.

it's cheap, close to lots of restaurants and easy to find

• Studio

Our window didn't have a screen so we couldn't open it, the air conditioning is shut off during the summer because that makes sense, we had an employee walk in on my sister in her room not only once but twice. Our sheets and pillows were covered in stains and the comforter was dirty, the room was dirty, the fridge barley worked and the towels were basically almost hand towels and were full of holes

Being close to our events

• One Double Bedroom in a Three-Bedroom Shared Apartment - Shared Bathroom

Staff was not really welcoming. We booked 3 bedrooms in a 3-shared appartment but to our surprise, they told us that they only got booking for 2 bedrooms 🙁 and said that this might be a problem with booking.com though we showed them our booking confirmation!

Location, near to restaurants, many activities and animation nearby.

• Superior Two-Bedroom Apartment

Noise noise noise from the street. windows had to be closed because of it, so rooms were extra hot. Ceiling fan didn't work properly and it was a hot & humid summer night. Suggest asking for a room at back of the building next time.

• Superior Two-Bedroom Apartment

The bed was advertised as a double but it was in fact a single with a cushion beside it. They were different heights so it was almost impossible to sleep on. Not sure if all rooms are like this at uqam or they just ran out of beds... The full kitchen (as advertised) didn't have a microwave either. The other complaints are small, like lack of air conditioning (which we did know ahead of time).

Great location!

• Studio

The photos are very missleading on the website and thought I was getting something else but I ended up in a compleatly different styled room than advertised

Location was good

• Studio

Rooms were disgusting. We found 3 cockroaches, stains on the bed sheets, no shampoo or soap, they are always out of towels, no one to clean the room during our stay, NO A/C was absolutely brutal. The pictures to the room is all a lie. NEVER STAY HERE!

the only good this about this place is location.

• Superior Studio

The room wasn't even cleaned before our stay - absolutely disgusting. Urine stains and dead bugs everywhere, sheets weren't changed (and the new ones had gross stains), dirty towels, trash bins weren't emptied. We also booked two nights but the second day they tried kicking us out with the option of paying extra for the second night. Needless to say, we cancelled our second night and were very disappointed with the whole experience.

They ended up giving us a refund for our stay after a lot of hassel.

• Three-Bedroom Apartment

We had rented a unit with three separate bedrooms and had a number of issues. The rooms hadn't been cleaned properly and some of the bed sheets were stained. The floors were sticky and the kitchen and washrooms were not clean. There was food residue in the bottom of the kitchen sink, the edge of the bath room sink was rusted, the bathroom cabinet had rust stains underneath it, the stove was rusty around the stove plates, and the oven was filthy. Many of the door handle areas had hand marks around them. The cupboards weren't clean and the kitchen was not stocked with pots, plates, and cutlery as advertised. The facility DOES NOT HAVE AIR CONDITIONING and it was close to 30 degrees Celsius inside the rooms and didn't cool down over night. You can't open the windows very far to let in fresh air. They don't have any fans to lend you in cases of high heat in the rooms. It was cooler in the halls. The lighting in the rooms was not very good and the ceiling fans were barely turning, not enough to be functional for cooling. The furniture was the remnants that students didn't take and one of the floor lamps fell apart when moved. There was no secondary security lock on the door. The underground parking doesn't have in - out privileges like some other hotels. Given the heat, we didn't sleep at all during our first night and left to go elsewhere for our next two nights. We did get a full refund for all three nights. I want to say that given the circumstances, the staff were as helpful as could be; however, I would not recommend this facility as the building is designed as a student residence to be used from September to May-June, not during our hot and humid Canadian summer months. If UQAM wants to generate more income from the property, they should invest in a proper AC system for the building before marketing the property. I would hate to have had a few smaller children in this situation.

It's central location attracted us to the facility so we could explore downtown Montreal. It also had convenient underground parking beside the premises.

• Studio

Dirty room. No kitchen wares for food prep. Dreadful decor. It's an absolute sin that students are expected to live in these accommodations.

• Studio

It was quite humid when we stayed, and while there is a ceiling fan there is no air conditioning - something to consider if this is a necessity for visitors. There is a small refrigerator and a stove top for cooking, but one needs to bring a little picnic set of dishes (which we did) and tools needed for cooking. These are not provided - another consideration depending on how you are traveling to Montreal. Lastly, the bed is only a double and may not be ideal for someone very tall. These are just a couple of things to know in advance when booking. It is otherwise a comfortable, clean and convenient place to stay.

This accommodation is very reasonably priced and in a convenient location, within walking distance of many points of interest. It was very quiet, and I would describe the room as cozy and furnished with the basics, including a small refrigerator. Indoor parking is located beneath the residence with proceeds returning to UQAM. While it is not fancy, it provides the essentials to visitors who plan to spend most of their time sightseeing and dining out anyhow. For the cost, I feel I received good value, and a good experience.

• Studio

The price could be lower for what they have in the room I paid for--no tv, no Air conditioning I was sweating like crazy and had to take a shower to cool down my body. Can't open The window because it's on street level and you can hear people talking outside which was loud enough to keep you awake if they hang around and it's not safe to open the window for cool air from outside. The bed was a little too hard for me. The pillows were very, very smelly and very, very old-not something that should be used in the business like this if they want to have more customers. First impression is very, very important for the customer to come back. The entrance could be cleaned. There were a lot of birds feathers--which was very odd to me to see. Also it was further from where I was going. I thought it was a walking distance according to the internet. So, it was a big disappoint for me to found out.From someone who cares and would like to see/hear the improvement of these problems.

It's better to sleep in than the car bed wise. I only need a place to sleep in anyway. The staff fix the problem I had with the pillows. So, it's good but....it's should not be used in the first place.

• One Double Bedroom in a Eight-Bedroom Shared Apartment - Shared Bathroom

Paper-thin walls plus incredibly noisy neighbors talking in the room next door all night long made for terrible sleep. Clogged basin in the bathroom.

Great location, easy check-in.

• Studio

I was traveling alone as a women and can't recommend this acommandation for a longer period. I didn't feel save because of some people hanging around in the hotel and because of loud and uncomfortable noises coming from my neighbors. Anyway, if you're in a group and your day is full this Residence might be fine! Unfortuenetly, on my bed I saw blood stain and the floor was full with hair. It's what you get for this small amount of money.

Close to metro station, shopping mall, restaurants, sightseeing possibilities. Staff was helpful.

• Superior Studio

The entrance to the parking. the footing on the building is not aligned with the wall. it is out 6 inches, which can damage the lower part of a car if it hit. The shower stall was very small.

The staff, the location, it was a first experience living in an apartment type property.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

This property was falsely advertised even though it is a university campus it's currently being used as a subsidize housing property. Upon arrival the staff were not friendly when going up into the room there was dirty underwear on floor in the bathroom. Got transferred to another room that was equally as dirty but did not contain any soiled clothing. We had trouble getting toilet paper when we ran out. They refused me Palos resulting in my lots of neck pain. In general the whole place was just filthy and covered with dust and hair dirt and I'm not sure what else but it deafly wasn't clean. Really feel like I wasted my money on this property considering that not only did we paid 500+ dollars to stay there but there's no parking included and it cost $24 to enter park in the buildings parking lot with no reentry privileges. Resulting in $700 accommodations. Very disappointed and disgusted with my stay

Only the location was convenient.

• Studio

bedding was not the greatest ...mattress was really bad .washroom wasn't clean ......ceiling paint was pealing out from last leakage on both side....no waste basket...toilet was running all throught my 2 nite stay room 256....r you kidding me.....

did not eat there

• Studio

All the staff at reception were very nice, efficient and helpful. The room on the other hand was quite dirty. Hair in the shower. Found couple of dead cocroached, and garbage in kitchen cupboards. Like whoever does the cleaning either does not care or does not know what clean means. The mattress is plastic. The window hardly opens and there is no air conditioning. I felt for the students who actually have to spend whole semesters in there...

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

Chairs in room were hard. Bed was great for sleeping but not sitting. Shower was claustrophobic

Situation in Montreal. Ease of walking to places we wanted to go

• Studio

No extra towels were provided. Thought there was air conditioning but it doesn't and then we found out there was a common room we could have sat in that had air conditioning. Wifi didn't work. Room was dirty. Floors had hair all over them and the washroom wasn't clean. Nothing to cook with was provided.

Cheap and close to all amenities. Most staff were nice but some were just unhelpful and grumpy.

• Studio

The bed wasn't super comfortable. Shower was small and the sink in the bathroom was tiny. The room was sparse and wasn't somewhere you'd want to spend much time.

It was cheap, reasonably clean and somewhere to sleep for a night. I could see it being good for solo travelers, or people coming to town for a short stay.

• Studio

The way the furniture was placed. We moved the kitchen table close to the window so that we wouldn't stall on it while walking to the washroom during the night. The chair had a big hole in it's cushion, the pillows were in bad condition, there was a stove but nothing to cook with...

In Centre town...could walk everywhere and very close to all the celebrations area!

• One Double Bedroom in a Three-Bedroom Shared Apartment - Shared Bathroom

The heat in the room. Not enough toilet papers. I wish you could find a away through posters to inform guests to keep the noise down. Especially, those coming in after midnight.

Nothing was was offered. I requested an iron but it was not there.

• Superior Studio

We forgot our passports and a bluetooth speaker in the room when we left the residence. We stopped in on our way back from Quebec City to pick up the passports and speaker; however, the front desk said that they only found the passports. Obviously someone pocketed our speaker. Anything we can do about that? Our one night stay there was on July 15th.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

Everything was incredible, it's located in the downtown area just 6-8 min walking distance from the Notredame Cathedral and 5 min or less away from a subway station, and close to the bus station.. rooms are so comfy and clean at a great price

• One Double Bedroom in a Three-Bedroom Shared Apartment - Shared Bathroom

Toilet was not flushed and it stinked so much. When I complained I have been told that's how it will be while sharing it with others. Very disappointing answer.

Location .

• Superior Two-Bedroom Apartment

Noise on main road so try to licate in quiet courtyard area

These are student appartments. When students are not in resudence their rooms are rented to holidaymakers. So you have fairly basic services

• Studio

Booking.com and this listing are extremely misleading about the accommodations. If you enjoy sleeping inside a furnace, or suffocating, then pick this place. No central air conditioning at all. There is one tiny ceiling fan. The tinting on the windows doesn't block heat or sun out of the room, which intensifies the lack of air and feeling of suffocation.

• One Double Bedroom in a Eight-Bedroom Shared Apartment - Shared Bathroom

not well mantained student dorm with bare minimum, little private space, shared areas are not cleaned every day, so bathrooms are dirty after 1 day and garbage full

very central and close to public transport

• Studio

Everything was more than adequate but I would have appreciated more direct information available on the public transportation that was available directly around the UQAM residences.

Provided me with accommodations that suited my needs at a very reasonable cost.

• One Double Bedroom in a Eight-Bedroom Shared Apartment - Shared Bathroom

Terrible staff/organization. I booked 5 rooms 2 months in advance but, upon arriving was told my group of 5 would be split into two different apartments which really devalued our stay. Despite the hotel staff claiming they exhausted all possible solutions (aka they asked people to switch), it only took ME 2 minutes to talk to each person in the apartments and convince them to switch. Overall, if you're a student looking for a cheap stay / good location, this is a great spot but if you're looking at really having the "vacation" experience, go with a different hotel 100%.

Location was great, price was cheap.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

I went here in the summer so there is no AC and they didn't tell you that in the description so it is really bad because I had a hard time sleeping The bed is really uncomfortable and mostly if you are with someone else Lastly, I think is better if you go alone or in a couple... Not with the Family

Location! (For the Jazz Festival)

Affordable price

Wifi broke down for many days - great inconvenience Took 3 days to replace a broken chair with 5 screws missing out of 6 Lack simple cooking utensils No coffee maker No room cleaning throughout 6 days of stay nor any change of bedsheets etc

The beds were extra stiff, the Wi-Fi didn't work for my entire stay (4 days), the bedrooms are extremely tiny and the staff didn't even change my sheets before I moved in! I found pubic hair on my sheets that were clearly from men. The staff was impolite and provided little to no help at all during my stay. Rooms have a small ceiling fan that could barely blow a lazy stream of air. I wouldn't recommend this residence to travelers looking for a comfortable place to stay and enjoy their time. Definitely a big disappointment!

Close to downtown. Pretty convenient location.

• Studio

Washroom was too small. No extra toilet paper. No air conditioning, only a fan on top of the bed that made my face puffy in the morning from sleeping under it all night. WiFi was not fixed yet.

Convenient location Comfortable bed

• Studio

The staff was unaware about any activities or events happening around the vicinity. For the most part they were rude, un interested and not willing to be accommodating or help with anything. Would never recommend anybody to stay here because of crappy customer service. What a waste of money, not enough staff as well.

• Studio

Only one towel per person, per stay, no cleaning or room service till you check out, We had booked a suite to have private washroom and shower, we had to call the maintenance to come to clean the washroom on arrival, very dirty room , they tried to fit a double bed in a very narrow room , so one had to jump over the other in order to get out the bed ,, no air conditioning, the room was very hot , no blanket , only one sheet plus the bed cover , old mugs left behind by the students still in cabinets I have stayed in other residence in the past , this was the worst

location only

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

This was a University that they rent out. This was NOT a hotel. We literally slept in a dorm room. Was not very clean, no Air conditioning at ALL, no TV. If it was not for the location or safety, I would have given a terrible rating.

Location. It was in the middle of everything. Walking distance to All major attractions and restaurants in Old Montreal and Downtown.

• Studio

There weren't any pots/pans, silverware, glasses, etc. so we couldn't utilize anything but the refrigerator. The staff overcharged is because they didn't realize we had a second reservation, even though that same staff member checked us in and said no problem. I think there might have been a language barrier. We had to get it corrected but because of the exchange rate we ended up being charged a dollar for their mistake.

Location was great. Cost was an added bonus! We didn't have A/C but there was a fan which was good. There was a kitchenette with a fridge.

• One Double Bedroom in a Eight-Bedroom Shared Apartment - Shared Bathroom

You have to ask to get you room cleaned. Too much light in the room in the morning.

Very good location! The jazz festival was literally a few steps away.

• Superior Two-Bedroom Apartment

The property does not have air conditioning (my bad, I haven't checked that beforehand) and if traveling in hot weather (30 C day/24 C night) it is not good place to stay (nightmare), too hot and too noisy if windows opend. Otherwise (all seasons but summer) I would recommend the place for its closeness to downtown and old town and price/quality ratio. It's clean and helpful staff is avaiable 24h a day, speaking both English and French. Getting to the parking description could be helpful.

Walking distance to downtown and old town

• One Double Bedroom in a Eight-Bedroom Shared Apartment - Shared Bathroom

Room size way too small, pillows werent comfortable at all...facilities weren't good enough. Rooms felt like a tight squeeze...they are really tiny and clustophobic.

The campus has an overall good design.

• Studio

Fan did not work so very hot, had to sleep with window open therefore very noisy from traffic etc light switch over bed broken. Duvet dirty, no kitchen utensils, electric or phone socket detached from wall.

Only liked the cost and location

• Studio

It was a bit warm without air con.

Basic but good value for money. Close to grocery store, opposite a Subway and other food places, about a 10min walk to Notre Dame.

• One Double Bedroom in a Eight-Bedroom Shared Apartment - Shared Bathroom

Cleanliness was poor in shared facilities as well as private room. Room was warm, loud outside (quite a few homeless making noise in main courtyard most days). Uncomfy bed and struggled to sleep. Door barely locked and staff didn't seem fussed about this. Laundry facilities required a pre payment card for $10 minimum.

Location was great. Wifi was okay.

• One Double Bedroom in a Three-Bedroom Shared Apartment - Shared Bathroom

Items in the kitchen are dirty - the coffee pot was extremely sticky and dusty has laundry facility but doesn't sale laundry soap for one time use and you can only load the card with bills The rooms are really hot

the location is great - pretty easy to get around

• One Double Bedroom in a Eight-Bedroom Shared Apartment - Shared Bathroom

No air conditioner and the fan was not working. The dim light in the room and dirty washroom, you should rather spend some extra money and book a decent hotel. Many of their customers left the residence during the night and they refuse to refund any money paid for next day reservation.

• One Double Bedroom in a Eight-Bedroom Shared Apartment - Shared Bathroom

No pans, dishes, cup neither cutely (spoon, knife, fork) were provided. So the stove and the fridge was not useful. A traveller can't buy those instruments. So the apartment should have provided. We really asked and insisted for a pan, but it was useless. Although the sanitary installation is broaden, the shower is very small. So it's difficult to a big person having a comfortable shower.

Its location is perfect. Having stove and fridge.

• Studio

No air conditioning so rooms were stifling hot. Shower was the smallest but shower I have been in ever!!

GREAT location! Walkable to everything & close to subway!

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

• Studio

There was no iron and microwave in room (I rented a studio flat and assumed that I would get these facilities). Also on some occasions, there was no hot water.

Location was amazing. Staff were very friendly and overall there was a good atmosphere.

Browse Résidences UQAM Ouest traveller photo gallery