Reviews of Rimrock Resort Hotel 5 stars

300 Mountain Avenue, P.O. Box 1110, T1L 1J2 Banff, Canada

#9 of 46 hotels in Banff

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Having to pay for parking was excessive after the room charge.

Upscale, fancy hotel. Great workout facility, hot tub, and pool. The grounds were beautiful. Great smells coming from the resturant but never did figure out what smelled so good.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Extra costs for self parking were a little excessive.

Great Location. Lovely facilities and good choice of places to hang out and eat/drink within hotel itself. Ability to get the bus into Banff town for free was a nice perk.

• Premium Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Well, I can't really think of something....

We loved the views from the restaurants and our room. Spectacular and unforgettable. From the hotel it is an easy walk to the gondola. Bus from and to the town go frequently so you do not need to take your car when you want to have a drink. Sauna, pool and gym area is spacious. Staff was very friendly. The little coffee/breakfast/shop area is very useful.

• Standard King Room

I would prefer to have a property directions map because I got lost a couple of times with the floors set-up.

I stayed at the Rimrock for only one night and it was a real nice experience overall.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The bed! Our room had two queen beds, the one we chose to sleep on had a very large indent in it, (as if a spring had let go) which I later discovered after two miserable nights sleep. This would be very evident when housekeeping are making this bed, the fact that it had not been addressed prior to our stay is negligence on housekeeping’s behalf!

Good location, lots of onsite amenities, Primerose and Lakspur lounge Dining was phenomenal!

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Unusual odour in dinning room (Primrose) on morning of 26th... smelled like moth balls !! Couldn’t wait to leave breakfast. Meal prices to high Temperature in room was difficult to control

Reminiscent .. 50 th anniversary Bus service was great

• Standard King Room

Everything was great, except for asking to be on the higher level and getting a room with no view.

The rooms are very spacious, and well done by the staff. Staff are very nice and willing to help with anything. Lots of lounges to let loose and relax.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

They don't like booking.com hence our room with a view was a blocked view and no chance to switch room after trying several times to see more than half a window there would be a surcharge to switch with a comment you should have booked with the hotel directly.

• Premium Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Easy to lost in the hallway/lobby; Parking exit for guest/visitor can be complicated, further instruction should be attached.

Amazing view; Nice washroom design and convenient location

• Premium King Room

Location and the beauty of surrounding area. Shuttle service linking the hotel with various places of attraction and downtown. Cleanliness and dining options.

• Premium Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The swimming pool was too cold to swim in for my baby and young child

Spacious room with great view and very comfortable beds. Hotel is steps to hot springs and gondola with bus stop at front door.

• Premium Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Luxury room, all your dreams become a reality! Staff was professional and helpful. They go above and beyond to make you feel special. The bed was comfortable, it was quiet. Parking was simple.

• Standard King Room

I paid approximately $700. for a stay in a construction noisy zone .Terrible planning for guest.

Good staff .The building was very noisy with renovations .Poor timing and bad taste as I came for our marriage anniversary and was in construction zone .The saff tryed to make a difference but was poor experience .

• Standard King Room

There were issues with the reservation system and the staff kept trying to push it to me to resolve rather than taking accountability which made for a frustrating stay. Restaurant service was not great, nor was the food quality.

Location is beautiful with great views from the room. Comfortable beds & quiet rooms.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

A five star rated hotel gave the expectation of a five star experience upon arrival. It was quite the disappointment to find that it was nowhere near a quality 5 star hotel experience. As I approached the front desk for check in, it was a rather 7/11 kind of transaction. The lady slam my card back on the counter instead of handing it to me. It wasn't a classy start to speak. There was no friendly touch to the whole check in experience. Sitting next to her was a different front desk associate who actually gave a run down on where to get to the rooms in which I had overheard and in which I wasn't given the same level of attentiveness. The person who served me seem to have an air of arrogance to her. After checking in, it was late. A friend of mine and myself decided to check the lounge out. Upon arrival, it was a pretty much seat yourself kind of service as most lounges typically are. Much to our surprise, it was pretty packed with an air of busyness while a pianist was singing away in the background and the fireplace was well lit. It was a delight to have entered while a live music was going. I was pretty pleased. The cocktail I had was spot on delectable. The whole let down of this experience was again.. the service. At the end of our time, I had asked about the the of the room service, the waiter had responded that he would get back to me. He walked away to the back then to walk towards another couple - proceeded to bringing them drinks and passing us by with seemingly no memory of the fact that I had enquired something. The whole service from the lounge's waiter was poor. It was the same question I had asked at the front desk upon check in, another time with the server at the lounge, and shockingly another time at the front desk before departing to the room. All of them do not seem to have a solid clue of the hours of their in room dining service. I was apalled.

I adore the beauty live music in the lounge area. Atmosphere was impeccable. Unfortunately the service tears it all apart like a bad curtain in a beautiful home.

• Premium Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Fan in the room was a little noisy at first.

The view was awesome. The food was amazing. I appreciated the info in the room about nearby hiking trails.

• Standard King Room

At check out, our vehicle was returned quickly although at first staff were hard to find. Benches needed wiped from rain so guests could sit. Bathroom shower head could be upgraded to one that can have its spray adjusted.

Beautiful view and setting. Staff were very friendly.

• Premium Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The pool was too cold, hot tub was also too cold and the jets were not strong enough. I wish they had a child-care facility. Trails around the hotel are not easy to access & should be better maintained.

Pillows on the bed were great, views from the room are amazing! Steam room, towel service, and sauna were excellent. Brunch was fresh and tasty with lots of options, very good servers, and more great views.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Restaurant food quality was poor, greasy and unappetising for the price. Parking costs extra.

Stayed here a few times before. It’s clean and comfortable. Large room with 2 beds. Free WiFi. Great location and free shuttle into town.

• Premium Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I realize this is a very high end hotel and the restaurants are renowned. However a restaurant with a much simpler menu would be WONDERFUL. I

Location, beautiful views and nice large rooms

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

There kids running up and down the halls, I understand the hotel can’t do much to prevent that, but it was unexpected and unwelcome given the cost of the rooms.

Great view!

• Premium King Room

Few things if any. The rooms were alittle out dated. Which you can expect for a location like this. So even that isn't a problem. Expected that going in but if I had to say something more negative then positive. That would be it

The location mostly was the most memorable. Beautiful views of the mountains and valley right from our room.

• Premium King Room

We could not find the remote for our tv.

The beds were fantastic. Pillows were extr comfy. Room service exceeded our expectations. Our 1 night stay was excellent

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

You have to pay an additional $21 for parking, this should be included if you are a guest

Lovely hotel, set in a beautiful area. Rooms were big and clean. Staff were great. We would definitely book again :)

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

parking should be included. very expensive. because there is no other parking possibility.

the food in the restaurants was good. the breakfast was so delicious. but drinks like cappucino hot chocolate should be included for the price. loved the room and the view.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Hot tub was Luke warm at best. The pool area was to be adult only after 10 pm but this was not enforced and there were kids down there after that time.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

It would just be great to have water for the coffee available from a dispenser with the ice machine. Bathroom tap water just isn't appealing.

Bedding was incredible. Pool was well maintained. Concierge was amazingly helpful.

• Standard King Room

The room wasn't in great repair. The tv was small and the carpets were shabby. Parking was extra, and there wasn't space for us even when we paid. Also, given where it is, you have to pay to park. Shower was not hot. Not what you expect from a hotel this expensive.

Beautiful spot. Classy facilities

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I found the beds to be a little hard for a upper class hotel. The water heat wasn't consistent for the shower faucet either.

The restaurants in house, the coffee shop and the Divas Lounge

• Premium Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Our complaint is about food in the diner Primrose. I invited my sister, niece and her girl friend to celebrate my sister's birthday. Three of us ordered a lobster $34 per serving. It smelled like fish, which was not supposed to, if fresh. We suspected that it was leftovers from breakfast buffet. Only back in Calgary my neece told me that food made her nauseous, that is why she had to leave the table (to throw up). Now I understand why the restaurant was practically empty. Perhaps other guests had similar to ours expiriences. We will definitely come back to the hotel, but will not eat at this particular restaurant. Also, at the pool, the smell of chlorine was so strong that we could not stay there for more than 15 min.

We had a great room with a terrific view of majestic mountains. The room was inviting, clean. We enjoyed comfortable beds with sparkling white linens. Great room service: they promptly brought us extra robes and slippers as requested. The responses to our other requests were also prompt.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

1. Almost finished bottle of lotion and half used soap probably by prior guest so could not touch them 2. Dusty table 3. Somewhat dirty bathrub so had to take shower instead of the desired bath 4. Very dirty and old yoga mats in the gym so could not lay on any of them 5. Over-priced room service menu

1. Friendly check out gentleman

• Premium Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I was disapointed with the parking fee. The receptionist was not very friendly and did not communicate well, I was told nothing about the hotel or what was included. He sent me in a confusing direction and I got lost, upon my coming back I was sent in the opposite direction. The signage was lacking and I did not feel welcome at all. I paid $308 for a night in a "premium" room for a view. It was an average room, in my opinion and the bathroom was tiny. I literally stubbed my toe on the door. The room was basic, dated and my son found a long black hair in his bed. The food on the room service menu was really pricy. The bill was slipped under the door promptly at about 6am. I would not go back to this hotel and would not recommend it to others.

The beds were comfortable. The view was amazing.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Extra charges for parking!

Very nice and cleans room with a beautiful view. The pool, hot tub and lockers rooms were excellent. Lots of variety for dining and great in-room service. Overall excellent stay and thoroughly enjoyed our trip!!

• Premium King Room

Myself and partner found the room very day, perhaps a review of the humidity levels related to electric heating should be performed.

The personal dietary notes on the reservation were well shared and the staff confirmed on a number of occasions. Servers were prepared with options to offer and made us aware of the choices available.

• Standard King Room

Great onsite parking. Easy access to town with the bus - your room key is your ticket so it’s even free. Staff are attentive and friendly. Onsite restaurant, Eden is great.

• Premium Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Rooms are a bit worn. Carpet and bathroom could stand some updating. Not enough drawers for family of four. Parking fees...just include it in the price.

Location and view from rooms are amazing. Proximity to Upper Hot Springs is a plus. Staff were very friendly. Bed and bedding clean and comfortable. B

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Food at Primrose and 7th floor bar was just OK. Wish there was an outdoor hot tub.

Staff was very helpful and despite being located out of town, the shuttles were easy to use. Of course, we loved the views!

• Premium King Room

The RimRock is a luxurious yet homely place to stay while in Banff. Stunning views from our room, free access to the local bus into Banff (a 5 minute drive into Banff all up) and situated directly opposite the Banff Upper Hot Springs. Chris at the Conciege was particularly friendly and very helpful, and all other staff interactions were pleasant and efficient. We will be back.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

We ordered a hamburger for an adult main meal. It was a fresh made burger. We ordered the children burgers as well. There were rock hard cheap frozen burgers. It annoyed me that the adults got a good quality paddy and the children didnt get the same quality as an adult burger. The hotel can make the childrens burger the same just a smaller portion. I feel like children always get the cheap food option. Its annoys me to no end.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The bathrooms could be updated.

The hotel staff are very friendly and accomodating. The rooms are well appointed and the view is beyond!! The hotel resturants are very good, and if there is a special occasion the Eden resturant is a true experience.

• Standard King Room

The only problem was that the bathroom lights would flicker everytime I turned it on, also the shower head didn’t have as much pressure as I would have liked.

Love the fact that the staff opens the door for you and apologies if they don’t do it fast enough. Super nice, makes me feel welcome!

• Standard King Room

-Way to expensive for what you get. -make you pay for parking after paying 450$ per night for an average room -if you don’t get the right side of the hotel then the view is not worth the price - make you pay ridiculous amounts for crappy snacks in your room (4$ for a 300ml water) - no outdoor hot tub / pool was not very nice for a high class hotel, -room is nothing special for the price Over all not worth the money, they feel the need to charge you for parking and for a water after paying outrageous amounts for 1 night stay... I find this ridiculous that they can’t even include parking.. the pool and hot tub was disappointing, dining sucked Not worth the money. I suggest trying banff springs if you wanna spend this much. Way better amenities I could’ve gotten a better experiance somewhere els for half the price

Nothing that I couldn’t have gotten elsewhere at a cheaper price

• Premium Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The only issue was that we wanted a RimRock Old Fashion at 11:05pm and the bar was closed. No staff were around other than Mike. He was great but someone should be able to make a drink til midnight at least for what this hotel is.

Staff were excellent. Friendly. Helpful.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The price of the room costs more than other places and understandably so due to beautiful location and quality of higher end hotel. But the cost of basic food and drink at the hotel you can get anywhere in Banff was hard to swallow.

All staff very friendly and always smiled and said Hi. Very efficient check in and check out. Acknowledgement of special occasion.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

My favorite hotel in Banff! Always an incredible experience. The staff are wonderful. The facility is beautiful. My expectations are always exceeded.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Room was not what I expected in terms of view, comfort, and also needed to open the door/window to cool down (very warm even with temp. turned down).

Transportation downtown was great.

• Premium King Room

the view I requested was a little disappointing compared to my last visit (though it was still beautiful)The live music is old fashioned. It was the same musician the last few times I stayed here, I'm sure my grandmother would have enjoyed it. (the fairmont has a way better musician)

The staff were very friendly. The Bon fire and skating rink were charming.

• Standard King Room

The cream offered in your room for coffee is only International Delight, no regular cream....something not everyone likes or can have (diabetic - sugar content) and no milk option for tea. The service in the Primrose room was poor. Our server was very busy and none of the other wait staff seemed interested in helping out. The buffet was pretty good however there was no "sugar free" syrup available which is ridiculous considering the # of diabetics there are ! My spouse ordered off the menu and his breakfast was not good- soggy hashbrowns, eggs not great and chives that were used to apparently "cover" the meal rather than a garnish as they are meant to be. All in all $56 for a below standard breakfast - same cost at Fairmont where the breakfast & service are far better, no comparison. Staff were courteous and friendly however no hotel info verbally offered with check-in, a piece of paper, that honestly we didnt really notice til we were leaving, did have great info such as hotel key gets you free transport on the bus....that would have been great to point out at check-in or when we were asking about a taxi to take us to town !!

• Standard King Room

The fact that my credit card was charged twice for the same stay. And then was told it want charged twice even through my amount online showed I has out almost $1600 dollars. Then I had to spend a morning trying to fix that instead of relaxing on vacation

The fact the front supervisor sent us Wine and fruits and a apology note for being double charged

• Premium King Room

I was disappointed by the bathroom and the hotel itself. For the price of the hotel, I think the bathroom should at least have a jetted tub, something other than the standard, $200 bathtub from home depot. I was looking for something a little more romantic, but I could have found such an environment in a Best Western. The pool and hottub could have been more elegantly designed, but the change rooms were nice.

The bed was clean and the view was amazing.

No complaints at all .

The bed was extremely comfy, service was impeccable and the staff was very familiar with the history of the Rim Rock very educational.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The beds were so comfy and we enjoyed relaxing at the Larkspur - the view and the fireplace made it a very cozy environment. The staff were awesome and very accommodating. This is our favorite hotel in Banff!

• Standard King Room

The view from our room was the parking garage, mostly. The bathroom is tiny. The sauna and hot tub were warm but not hot.

Room is large, comfortable and quiet. Cocktails in the lobby lounge were excellent and the staff super attentive and friendly.

There is a positive/negative to staying a mile or so outside of Banff - transportation to and from the resort isn't as simple as walking outside (The concierge is more than happy to help with transportation) But, you do feel quite a bit more privacy from the hustle/bustle of downtown Banff.

The staff is amazing! Concierge does a phenomenal job. Everyone is kind. The hotel is very clean, has anything you may need. The restaurants are very good! The coffee shop has fresh pastries every morning. We will return!

• Premium Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Fabulous location and resort. Our room had the most amazing view of the mountains and valley below... snow covered in December. The staff are attentive and friendly. Our meals and snacks in The Primrose and Larkspur restaurants/lounge were exceptional. We had excellent massage spa treatments. The outdoor skating rink was such a treat. Pricey but worth every dollar for this excellent resort.

• Premium Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Extra hotel tax’s, plus $20 per day parking which we’d expect to be included in a hotel of this standard.

Comfortable beds, great atmosphere in the hotel, plenty of underground parking, friendly staff, very family friendly!

Parking should be included for the price.

Beds very comfortable. Standard “obstructed view” still gorgeous. Only obstruction was the tree line which was beautiful.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Standard coffee seemed a bit weak. Normally I am content with my percolated coffee, but I had to get Americanos from the cafe for a stronger brew.

Mountain-side resort hotel of mid-range luxury. Our family of 4 (2 kids, 12 & 13) stayed over the Christmas break. Rooms were very clean and beds luxuriously comfortable. Excellent room service, restaurants and cafe. Lots of nice little touches, like fresh-pressed apple juice with the breakfast buffet, (I think) farm fresh eggs and beautiful views of the mountains. We were very impressed by the sugar art and chocolate truffles from the onsite chefs. The Larkspur Lounge with its live piano music, great views and living room-style seating made a wonderful apres-ski / casual dinner area and we ate there every night. The staff were very friendly and attentive. It's probably been a while since their last reno, but the facilities and decor are still beautiful and in great shape. This was a great and economical alternative to hotels like the Banff Springs.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

They may have had it but I didn’t see it - it would be great to have a place to meet up with friends in a common area to play cards etc.

The staff are extremely friendly and the hotel is set in a beautiful place that feels like an escape away. We will definitely be back and recommend to others.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Someone called few minute after we got in our room to check if we were settling in well . It felt good. This place has been always been my get away when I feel stressed. The no level is way down and the surrounding mountains is a plus.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

A bit far from the town Centre. The hotel does not have its own shuttle and you have to rely on public transport which is free for the guests. Then again it is close to the gondola and hot springs.

• Standard King Room

For the hotel with four stars at least they have to put the sleeper in the room.

The bed was so comfortable. The swimming pool and gym facilities were great.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

It took half an hour to find our room. There was no parking at all.lots of hidden fees spent double the amount expected.

The hotel is very nice on the outside.the room wasn't to bad

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The fact that I was charged for a bottle of water when I compare to the four seasons who brings you one with a nightly turndown for free. I don’t expect at a luxury hotel to pay for a bottle of water.

• Premium Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Nothing, everything was great!

I love everything about the hotel, the staff are super friendly, I love the ambiance of the lobby. The Christmas decor is just stunning, and l love the Christmas Carols playing softly in the background. It’s all just beautiful.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

We were doing an event for a company Christmas party, and therefore had to work with the staff.... they were extremely professional, helpful and made our event run smoothly.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Everything was good until parking. There was a party going on and no one notified me upon check-in that this would affect if I was able to get a parking spot or not if I traveled to town for dinner. We went out to dinner and came back to a pretty much full parking. I was not happy with the front lobby staffs attitude when we asked about the parking. The young man was pretty much arguing with us saying there was nothing they can do. What he should have said was "sorry let me have someone check the underground parking to see if there are any available spots if not we can switch you over to valet service". Knowing I had to pay $18 for parking and staying at the hotel I feel hotel guest who is staying should have had first priority and guaranteed parking.

We got a free upgrade to our room and it was spacious, and the beds were comfy. Overall it was quiet and relaxing.

• Premium King Room

room was... Dusty, very dusty. I would expect a cleaner room and better air quality at such a high end place.

Loved almost everything. View was stunning staff was great.

• Premium King Room

Nicest hotel in Banff. Modern architecture and host to best fine dining restaurant (Eden). It is situated just below the upper hot springs and gondola parking. Great views above the town of Banff. About 2K from downtown. Secluded with a “peaceful” ambiance. Small but well equipped workout room. We had amazing staff interactions. Very helpful. Be sure to join the loyalty program before booking for free Wifi, discount on parking and potential room upgrade.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Self parking was not available but the cost of Valet parking was reduced to accommodate us for the inconvenience.

Love the luxury style & décor. The lobby & restaurants were decorated for the season but not overdone. Loved the massive gingerbread house display. Food was amazing.

• Premium King Room

Unfortunately during our stay, not all the widely acclaimed restaurants were open.

The hotel location is great for a slightly quieter experience with undisturbed views of the mountains and valley, recently covered in snow. The lounge area served good food and great cocktails.

• Premium Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I love the Rimrock but it is starting to look a bit tired. I think it needs to be refreshed for the stature of the Hotel and dollars for rooms there.

The staff are always very attentive and friendly.

• Standard King Room

I didn't like how the breakfast had no buffet because it's only due to number of accommodation. It's our favorite meal of the day and one of the reasons I booked was because of the breakfast buffet.

It's super cozy looking and fancy all at the same time. Every single staff member would say hi to us which is nice

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The indoor parking lot is extremely tight. Thank goodness for driving skills and a back up camera or could’ve been stuck there for a day!

The bed was very comfortable. It was quiet. The view from the restaurant is wonderful.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Getting to the parking garage from the one wing is a bit of a pain! Use valet!!

Everything about this hotel is great! From staff, tviews, roooms, tocation., and the lounge! Our favourite hotel in Banff!!