Reviews of Residence Inn by Marriott Toronto Airport 3 stars

17 Reading Court, Etobicoke, M9W 7K7 Toronto, Canada

#22 of 129 hotels in Toronto

Three thumbs up if you want to stay here
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

Not enough USB ports to charge your devices they only have 2. But they have of outlets you can plug your devices in our 2 bedroom suite I had my family with me and if you don't have wall charger you'll be waiting in line to charge your device with your kids but other than that make sure you bring wall charger this is the only thing I can say that about the hotel

I love everything about the hotel that's why I always stay here when I come to Toronto rooms are updated very beautiful rooms

It was terrible experience!
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

It was terrible experience! When we arrived hotel has accidentally fire in the electricity box, so basically the hotel power was shot down and have to close to fix it. We have to be assigned to other hotels, but they can’t responsible and allow us to book in the same hotel in the days, they only let us book one night by one night when they make sure the hotel can resume the power....so we checked in and out everyday for 5 days while our staying with my husband, 2 infants, my senior mom plus I’m 8 month pregnant! I understood the situation happened to the hotel was an accident but the way they solved problems and react to the customers are not very proper, terrible experience with Marriott ever in my life.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

There was nothing that we have to say that is negative.

Justin Kwok (night manager) was very friendly and provided us with great tips and recommendations for our first-time visit to Toronto. We enjoyed the "mixer" night that we attended.

Nice comfy and enjoyable.......
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

the were doing some renovation at the time............but we never heard any noise....... it just means that sometimes one lift is dedicated to the revonation workers.

We were at the property 2 bed apartment with 3 kids.... The kids loved it ...clean, comfy and the staff were friendly....... close to the airport.........the scenery from the room was good (a golf course)...nice waking up in the morning as watching folks playing golf

Best suite of my life

Just some more pots.

It was our best hotel experience, with a 2 bedroom suite and 2 bathrooms, a living room with a fully complete kitchen, better than any house rental.

Would not go back at that price.
    • King or Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

The same price for a place that the water was turned off from 9:00-5:00 each day. Only one elevator working. My room smelled old and bad.

The breakfast room. I liked the little kitchen very much and the room layout is lovely - with a separate living room etc. Very nice set up.

disappointing
    • King or Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

the shower head doesn't work. i checked in very late and only have one hour to sleep so i didn't bother to call. the bedroom fan blow right to my face and it was extremely strong. It was very disturbing

Overall a good stay
    • King or Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

Location Room was a bit too dark, even with the lights on Old looking carpet on the floor

Breakfast was good Staff was very friendly All equipments worked perfectly Parking location and spaces were good as well

When I booked we asked for a crib but when we arrived they...
    • King or Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

When I booked we asked for a crib but when we arrived they could not arrange a crib. They blamed booking.com and booking.com said it was the hotel. On Friday night the fire alarm rang around 10:30 for no apparent reason.

Excellent. Would stay here again.
    • King or Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

Some stains on the couch cushion were pretty obvious to us, some cigarette burns in the non-smoking room as well, just seems like an easy fix when everything else was top notch.

Large room with sprawling amenities, great place to unwind because it felt like home right away. Airport shuttle is the best. The bed was perfect.

All good
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

The pool could be made to be more attractive, should be...the gas fireplace was really great!

Travelled with my elderly parents, wheel chair was available and parking was simple. Breakfast was a bit difficult as it ended a bit earlier than we would like, minor point.

Would not return due to no rooms with 2 queen/double beds.
    • King or Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

We each like to sleep on our own bed and requested this on our booking. However there was only a t pull out couch which has a very thin mattress so not comfortable to sleep on. Also very noisy with planes until midnight flying out of the nearby airport. Would only stay here one night due to all this.

Staff at breakfast were very pleasant and cordial. Room was super clean.

We had a fab time
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

One of the drivers for the aiport shuttle was rude this was reported to the front desk who told us to take a cab she apologised and gave us back the money we paid.

Comfort and the staff

A lovely stay
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

We arrived few hours before midnight and had to leave early morning next day.

The airport shuttle service makes transfer from airport to the property very easy. The rooms were impeccably clean, the front desk staff when we checked in was very friendly and accommodating. I also did printing in the business centre. The new front desk staff at 12 midnight was very helpful and suggested that we should leave early to avoid traffic. She offered a wake up call service and booked the shuttle service. She was excellent.

Residence Inn
    • King or Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

getting charged for parking was a surprise...and finding out that there would be a charge to cancel only after booking is just unacceptable (good thing I didn't need to cancel)

breakfasts very good...being in the flight path couldn't hardly hear the planes at all, so it was quiet.

Anime North 2017
    • King or Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

Extra cots and blankets, when we requested them they were out. Also, someone was trapped in the elevator at the beginning of our stay.

The bed was very comfy, the room was clean and very accommodating. The staff was very friendly and helpful to us.

Good breakfast.
    • King or Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

Had to pay for parking on the site. We chose this hotel outside of the city so that it would be convenient and free parking, but were surprised we were charged $14.00 for parking.

Good breakfast. Bed and room very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

A Very Unexpectd Surprise!
    • King or Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

Totally surprised that it was so very nice. I've never been happy staying at an airport hotel, but I'd stay here every time now. Staff great on arrival and check out. Helpful. The suite was so clean and spacious. Had everything - Residence will be my go to hotel now.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

Good convention Hotel
    • King or Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

We came in for the Anime North convention and the entire place was packed with geeks and nerds of all stripes not the easiest demographic to deal with sometimes but the staff always were professional and friendly and it seemed like they were enjoying some of the spectacle if not the amount of work there was.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

I would definetly go back there, I was mostly pleased with the hotel.
    • King or Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

Had to pay for parking, the 1 bedroom suite you couldn't get to the bathroom without going through the bedroom. no comfortable chair in the living room, once pull out bed was out no place to sit but kitchen chairs/desk chair

Staff was excellent, when needed extra pillows, blankets they came immediately Breakfast was excellent and the kitchen/dining room staff were extremely patient and friendly and accomodating

Good service but too much noises in the room
    • King or Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

The refrigerator makes horrible noise. The ventilation fan in the restroom is very noisy. There was some strange sound in the ceiling in the middle of the night. The pillows are really uncomfortable.

The breakfast is good. The kitchen is well designed. The room is spacious.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

Staff, airport shuttle, proximity to restaurants and airport.
    • King or Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

The breakfast Was the only negative I was told it was a hot breakfast. They only had eggs and sausage off the hot menu. It was more of a Continental, they didn't even have bacon!

Staff, airport shuttle, proximity to restaurants and airport. Rooms were like apartments had a full kitchen and sectioned rooms.

Breakfast was good and the staff in the breakfast lounge...
    • King or Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

Overall, the room was relatively clean, however the shower had not been cleaned as there was hair, toothpaste and dirt in the tub. If I wasn't travelling with my child and arrived close to bedtime, I would have complained and demanded a different room. When I spoke to front desk staff in the morning, she thanked me for sharing those details and assured me that she would speak to the cleaning staff. Like that does anything for me for my inconvenience.

Breakfast was good and the staff in the breakfast lounge were very hospitable and friendly.

The staff that I interacted with was friendly.
    • King or Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

The breakfast wasn't very good. It might just have been my room, but it seemed smaller than other residence inns that I have stayed at.

The staff that I interacted with was friendly. I was happy to get a goodnight recommendation for food. I liked the price and free wifi.

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

Mixed review
    • King or Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

the pet charge of $100 plus tax for the night for a small non-shedding dog was exorbitant and way over market- for this reason alone we would not stay again at this any Residence- we have too many options. The rooms were a bit dreary and dated , toiletries were poor quality

Staff were helpful, room was well equipped, breakfast had extensive choice, healthy options, good quality. Atmosphere in breakfast room was great, and accommodated singles, groups or small parties

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

Watch out for surprise charges!
    • King or Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

There was a $100 pet cleaning charge that was a surprise - not on the booking.com site. Given we were there one night with a non-shedding dog, it seems a total rip off.

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

Short and sweet
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

Wish we could have stayed two nights.

Having a kitchen oven to cook on and a table to sit at and play cards on with friends was awesome. We were there for the rv show and being able to stay so close and have a good night with friends was rewarding.

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

The space of the room was good, evening staff okay, the...
    • King or Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

The rooms and furtinure looked a bit out dated, besides the bedroom and washroom. The night night staff lacked customer service skills, the room was too hot, the facilities weren't what I expected, Booking.com pictures gave me expectations that didn't meet when I arrived, the breakfast was horrible and it wasn't worth what paid.

The space of the room was good, evening staff okay, the bedroom and washroom was lovely.

Great value for money when staying as a family in two-bedroom suite
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

With the kitchenette, they do not clean or replace dishes that were used after each night - even during a two-night stay. This was not very impressive. Breakfast is fairly ho-hum with limited selection, however the self-serve waffle irons and station was nice and Greek yoghurt was available (always good, since it is our favourite). The coffee was appauling however.

Excellent staff, and responded very quickly to our New Years requests and accomodated to the highest standards. Clean facility and room kept immaculare. The gas fireplace in the two-bedroom suite was a very nice touch, and bathrroms very clean.

• Reviewed: 23 December 2016

Surprisingly great experience
    • King or Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

That it was a non refundable booking.

Hated paying extra for parking. Loved breakfast ..options. hot. Great! Pool small but good. Great room. Clean bathroom

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

Reliable and efficient
    • King or Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

That I was surprised to learn of an extra (and significant) cost for my pet.

I appreciated the fact that I was offered complimentary parking as a gesture upon check-in when there was an extra charge for my pet.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

Comfort and Convenience.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

Great hotel close to YYZ Pearson Airport. Clean and very comfortable. First class in our experience as we travel frequently. Lots of good restaurants within walking distance.

totally satisfied
    • King or Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

Great front desk staff. I liked the shuttle service to the airport. Requested a quiet room and got just that. Slept well in a comfortable bed. Enjoyed using the keurig in the morning.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2018

Power outages during stay 100 dollar unexpected fee for pet

Hotel room. Friendly Desk staff

Very good.
    • King or Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

The staff was fantastic at helping me arrange to get my husband from the airport.

Paying for parking

Clean... I feel like home

Very good, clean, modern and good breakfast.

Room a little noisy.

Very modern & clean

It was very clean and the staff very friendly
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

No options for me as a gluten free guest

It was very clean and the staff very friendly

Worth it! Comfortable!! Room had everything we needed!
    • King or Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

Hotel room air was a bit stuffy. Room was a bit dusty which affected my allergies.

Comfortable. Great location. Friendly staff.

I like everything about the hotel
    • King or Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

Only thing I didn't like was toilet tissue and bathroom was half used

I like everything about the hotel

An excellent pick for our trip!
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

The rooms are clean and comfortable! Great breakfast! Staff are friendly and helpful! So glad we pick this hotel!

Hot tub and pool
    • King or Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

No shopping centres near by

Hot tub and pool

It was real clean and very comfortable and the kids love the...

No complaints

It was real clean and very comfortable and the kids love the pool and breakfast was delicious..

Everything was well put together

I liked it

Everything was well put together

Excellent hotel and breakfast

Excellent hotel and breakfast

Excellent location, great staff.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

Excellent location, great staff. Would stay there again

awesome

everything

Good location. Close to airport.
    • King or Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

Construction was going on during our stay, so it was difficult to get rest during business hours.

Staff was great! Nights were quiet.

It was clean friendly and very helpful

Everything great

Great and friendly place. We enjoyed our stay. Everything was clean staff was wonderful

Staff very friendly and helpful
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

Staff very friendly and helpful Clean room

• King or Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

Great good value hotel for a short convenient stopover.
    • King or Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

The helpful friendly staff who could not do enough to make sure our needs were met. In travel needs comfort and general requirements.

Awesome

Nothing really

The location was perfect The room is very spacious

A very wonderful experience
    • King or Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

The hotel is okay for me

The staff were very friendly and profession with courtesy, the environment is good and the food was okay too

Dirty hallways

Dirty hallways

Brilliant
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

It required more public transport.

Modern with big rooms and well equipped kitchen. You have everything what you need. Inside pool.

Enjoyed the breakfast menue.
    • King or Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

Enjoyed the breakfast menue.

A good deal.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

The staff was vert helpfull. Location was good. Comfortable acommadations.

Wonderful residence.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

Wonderful residence. Good location, very clean in the room, whiteest towels in bathroom!

Always a pleasant stay.

none

Location, spotless room, excellent room facilities and airport shuttle service. Excellent breakfast

Excellent experience I eould definitely retirn

It was all good

Staff so friendly

Always a pleasure to stay at this location.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

Always a pleasure to stay at this location. Lovely staff

Great hotel, perfect if you are stopping over in Toronto. The rooms are on the larger side, great staff snd facilities.
    • King or Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

Close to the airport, large rooms, great service and airport shuttle service

tutto

tutto

very enjoyable
    • King or Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

beds comfortable and room clean.......pool area was well kept as well

Family stay
    • King or Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

Comfy beds, cleanliness of the room, and nice staff

Value for money
    • King or Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

no restaurant on site or near by

Everything was good at this property

Good location, good services, and value for money hotel.
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

The breakfast menu seems to be the same everyday but with the price, we cannot complain.

I liked the quality of service.

excellent
    • King or Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

Breakfast is basic and you have to pay for parking

Suite is very spacious and comfortable. Very good bed.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

A great place to stay!
    • Two-Bedroom Suite

They offered a above average continental breakfast and appetizers in the evening. I found this very helpful when travelling with small children.

Wonderful 40th Anniversary.

Everything was ok. No complaints

The was helpful , treated us great. Great with information on many spots to visit. Will visit again

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

One night stay at Residence Inn
    • King or Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

Occasionally flight noises because the location near the airport

staff was friendly and room was spacious. Breakfast was tasty too.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

Great staff n wonderful stay

No complimentary water

The staff were excellent n they had a fireplace to warm up the rooms

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017