Reviews of Robin Hood Motel 2 stars

136 Gorge Road East, V9A 1L4 Victoria, Canada

#33 of 52 hotels in Victoria

• Standard 2 Double

I was nervous as we drove up because it looks older. I went to check in and the desk person was so friendly and eager to help. We went to our room and were very impressed with the cleanliness. The beds had a comforter covered with two sheets that could be removed to wash, so that felt cleaner. The beds themselves were very comfortable! There were 3 big squishy pillows on each bed, but my sister needed one more, and they quickly gave us another one. Everyone at the front desk was always friendly and helpful. It was in a good location to reach any where we wanted to go. I highly recommend the Robin Hood Motel!!!

• Standard Queen Room - Non Smoking

excellent value, very clean. Staff at front desk especially Yullia and Olessia were fantastic, friendly and flexible. It was quiet at night. The location is too far from downtown for me, I didn't have a car. But walking the Galloping Goose and using the Selkirk trestle was beautiful and very close.

• Standard Queen Room - Non Smoking

Property looks tired. Seems they are updating the balcony and some railings.

Staff at checking were very pleasant and welcoming. Reasonable price for spring in Victoria and easy to get to downtown or out too the Gorge. The room was clean, and had an air conditioner which ducts outside so it had nice air flow (although loud) nicer than the street noise.

• King Studio with optional kitchen

This is an older motel, undergoing some renovations, but the room was clean and comfortable.

Our room was quite comfortable the location is a little far from most attractions.

See above re bed

Staff was particularly nice. my partner enjoyed the breakfasts in motel across the street. However, the bed was very nice and comfortable but we didn't feel it was queen size but did not "measure" it. It was room 246?

• Superior 2 Queen with optional kitchen

Air conditioner not working after an 1 hour used. They couldnt fix it so they gave us a fan. The room was stuffy. We never had a room in a hotel where AC is not working. Very uncomfortable.

The staff especially the manager Sam was very nice and apologetic about broken AC

• Standard Queen Room - Non Smoking

I was worried that the window, an old slider, was not lockable. I asked that this was addressed, and after an hour, someone put a lock on the window. I also was concerned with dodgy locks, and put my heavy chair in front of the door , to feel more secure. There was not a dryer in the bathroom, so my long hair was dripping wet, and unstyled , as I faced the day.

The location is nice. The bed was very comfortable. The price, to stay in Victoria, during high season, great!

• Standard Queen Room - Non Smoking

Hotel is a bit dated but you can see that they are making improvements and updating. when ever the toilet was flushed the bath tub drain gurgled. A bit pricey for what it was.

The hotel was in a good location for us. room was clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and professional.

AC unit kind of noisy

Really liked the bathroom, but had to move to another room because the hot water valve was stripped. Once in the new room the shower was very nice. Bed comfortable, room quiet

• Standard Queen Room - Non Smoking

I was impressed with this motel. the staff were super friendly and the rooms clean. Best sleep my husband has ever had in a motel and we have stayed in many.

• Standard Queen Room - Non Smoking

I was a little sceptical when I first drove up. Very pleasantly surprised. Super friendly staff,very clean room ( a bit older ) great shower.....and the bed..omg , I'm a bit of a sketchy sleeper but I slept like a baby. Very pleased overall.

• Superior 2 Queen with optional kitchen

There is no staff on during the night so no one to carry out bags until after 8:00 am. This was challenging as a senior.

The staff were friendly and helpful. They do not have a printer attached to the guest computer, so they completed my airline check-in for me on their computer and printed my boarding pass for me. There are a couple of picnic tables in the garden and we had a lovely family picnic on Mother's Day while avoiding all the restaurant crowds. We really liked having the kitchen. It was a separate room with a door you could close making a quiet place to read, while my sister was sleeping.

• Standard Queen Room - Non Smoking

a little shabby ie cigarette burns on bathroom floor and when I accidently pulled out the sink trap it was full of hair (yuck)

great value & central location

• Standard 2 Double

Coffee machine didnt work and was a little worried re the stove electrics. Coffee supplied was poor - too much equipment of poor quality.

Very little use of room as arrived late and left early. clean room and very convenient for early morning ferry to Comox. Staff friendly

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite

Have absolutely no complaints !

We were pleasantly surprised at how nice this Motel was , despite the appearance of being older. It has a very nice atmosphere to it. The huge deck was awesome to relax & enjoy the sunshine.

• Standard 2 Double

We were in Victoria for a quick and busy visit—wanted a reasonably priced room that was clean and comfortable and this fit the bill precisely. Staff were at all times helpful and friendly, the beds were super comfy—will certainly repeat visit.

• Standard Queen Room - Non Smoking

there seems to be a bit of street noise at night even though our room faced what we thought was a quiet street.

the bed was amazing! we both slept very soundly on a comfy bed with perfect pillows.

• Standard Queen Room - Non Smoking

I just don't like being given rooms with a connecting door but I guess sometimes there is no alternative. Other than that, this motel far exceeded my expectations and I would definitely book here again.

Huge room and very comfortable bed, very clean. My original room had a connecting door and the occupant the other side was very noisy mid-evening but the lovely lady on reception moved me without hesitation so I had the best sleep in quite a while.

A refund.

I didn't get a kitchen unit, I'm not sure why booking.com is not forwarded to them? Quite disappointed, also got a room with a king size bed, and then got charged 150 for a double for the extra night I stayed.

• Standard 2 Double

The traffic noise, although the beds were comfortable, for two people sharing a bed, we would of preferred a queen size. There is no blow dryer in room, a minor inconvenience. There was no coffee packages replaced.

The room was clean, beds were comfortable

• Standard Queen Room - Non Smoking

Quite a bit of road noise even though we were supposedly on the 'quiet' side of the motel (single pane windows). Mattress was starting to sag in the middle. On checking into room, the sliding window was wide open and heat cranked up full - room was like a sauna the first night.

• Standard Queen Room - Non Smoking

First impression not necessarily good but as soon as you entered your room we were pleasantly surprise

Nice clean room accepted my dog good location friendly staff.first

• Standard 2 Double

Our door was sticky, hard to open. Key didn't work the first night and we had to get help from office staff. Lock fixed the second night, but door still stuck, very hard to get open. Clean towels and beds made after first night, but not the second.

Comfy beds, clean room. Large deck right outside our door. Very helpful office staff. Great reception for T.V. and internet. Restaurant and pub within walking distance. Close to our other activities.

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite

Nothing really...a wine bottle opener would be handy but no big deal.

The staff were very accommodating. The rooms were clean The location was very close to Downtown

• Standard Queen Room - Non Smoking

Style of motel doesn't lend itself to having window open at night, unless you are comfortable with someone walking by and possibly peeking in.

Quiet, nice, basic accommodation. Excellent TV and WiFi. Heckler's pub across the street is nice and convenient although Wed wing night was busy (lineup). Lots of parking and not very far from downtown Victoria.

• Standard Queen Room - Non Smoking

Room was next to the stairs so a lot of noise from other guests as they were coming and going. But I did ask to change from 2 others that were suggested to me so... Reception suggested a walk close by that i could do, this was very convenient.

Reception staff very helpful in changing the type of room I needed. Also gave me the same rate booking .com quoted me after i needed to stay longer than original plan. Staff member out shoveling snow within hours of snow fall.

• Standard 2 Double

my room was facing the street, im a light sleeper, the noisy cars kept me up most of the night and up early in the morning.

the beds were comfy and the room was clean

• Standard Queen Room - Non Smoking

No coffee in the room this time, must have been an oversight by housekeeping staff.

We are repeat visitors to this motel. Excellent value for the price. Older property has been nicely upgraded. Not a great neighbourhood, but location works for us. Floor space is large enough to accommodate our big dog. Good shower. Comfortable bed. Nice sitting areas outside.

• Standard Queen Room - Non Smoking

Rooms are dated and blankets are very thin. Hard to complain at the price we paid though.

Great front desk staff. Easy to bus into city centre. Free parking.

• Superior 2 Queen with optional kitchen

Lacking a few basic things that less expensive hotels have/do....(e.g. hair dryer, paper and pen, replacing used glasses daily, adding fresh shampoo —-/removed half container of shampoo from shower and put it back by the sink with no new shampoo——also first day arrived to find a used shampoo —and leaking— for us to use!!? Unhygienic.

Comfortable bed....optional kitchen ($10 more per night)

• Standard Queen Room - Non Smoking

Room smelled like people had smoked in it; smoke and weed from people smoking outside blew into the room.

Bed and pillows were super comfy. Had a very restful sleep.

• Standard Queen Room - Non Smoking

floor in bathroom old - clean - but cigarette burn holes - only thing not updated.

an older motel close to town & amenities but as clean and comfortable (especially the mattress & pillows & room temperature) as others twice the price. staff exceptionally friendly & toiletries same as in fancy place in the city. uber environmentally friendly - even composting box in room. and good art! would be nice in summer as big deck on front & picnic area under trees.

• Standard Queen Room - Non Smoking

Probably the best deal in Victoria. Rooms are very clean, beds are comfortable, staff are helpful and friendly. In a nice residential neighbourhood. Not touristy but close to downtown and easily accessible by car or transit.

• Standard 2 Double

Stayed 4 nights and our bed linens were not changed No air conditioning or air circulation in room A fridge and coffee machine are included but they would not provide a microwave unless we pay extra for a full kitchen suite Cheap and dated furniture, and small TV Unsafe heaving pavement in large sections of parking lot The receptionist required proof of identification and I showed them my drivers licence/photo,and also my car license plates, and paid immediately with my Amex card - but that was still not sufficient. They also surprised me by taking a photocopy of my driver licence.... even though I am a British Columbian resident. This condition is not disclosed on their own website or on other reservation sites, and has not happened to me while staying at any accommodation in Canada. It is excessive and am now concerned. Identity thieves pay for for drivers licence information. How would these owners feel if I required from them a photocopy of the motels proof of ownership? For the most part, Canada Privacy Commissioners have concluded that writing down the driver’s licence number from the card, or photocopying, “swiping” or otherwise reproducing the card itself, cannot be justified. The number may encode personal information, such as the licensee’s birth date, and the card contains a photograph, signature and other personal information that is more than what is actually needed for most business purposes.

Reasonable cost - Spacious bedroom and bathroom.

• Standard 2 Double

The room was too warm during the night.

The room was a nice size and very clean. All we needed for a 1 night stay. It did get a little warm and stuffy in the night though.

• Standard 2 Double

The room was very warm (the heating was on full blast) and the thermostat on the wall seemed to be not working properly. The lady at the reception helped us out and soon the room temperature was back to normal.

Quiet and clean, just the way I want it :)

No complaints.

Very comfy beds, nicely laid out room, very clean. Close to the location of our main purpose for the visit and very peaceful. Our room was only a few steps from parking too! It was so lovely to just collapse in privacy after our busy day.

• Standard Queen Room - Non Smoking

Staff is very kind and helpful. Quaint spotless room. Outstanding value for your money. Great wings at Hecklers Pub across street. 5 minute walk to Galloping Goose Trail. Will definitely stay again.

The place needs some TLC

They accommodated me when I arrived and had to change from three on the third floor to 4 on the main floor. The staff was friendly and helpful

• Standard Queen Room - Non Smoking

Cigarette smell in the room. Staff at the check in not very friendly. The hotel is not very expensive but it certainly doesn't worth 8.2 on booking. If you use to go in motels around 6-7/10, don't worry you will have a good night. If you're used to 7-8, you really shouldn't go there

Room was clean. Staff at the check out very nice ! You will have to be lucky on that

• Standard 2 Double

I am one of those people that need a firm pillow to be comfortable and these were all the same, thin and/or lumpy. Sadly most Hotels are not much better, and seldom have any firm pillows on offer. I usually try to remember to bring my own to survive the night.

Basic conditions that will get you through the night. Kitchenette gives you the chance to prepare things on your own. Bathroom was clean. Staff (the young ladies) were very pleasant and helpful. The location gives you the opportunity to access downtown, the Butchart Gardens or restaurants if you have a car.

• Standard 2 Double

No hair dryer, you had to ask for one. The girl at the front desk argued about my reservation to start with saying I didn't have one and finally the other woman found it. The second day I had asked for a pkg. of coffee for the other three days I was there so that I wouldn't have to bother the staff for it ( I requested no room service at all), the woman flatly refused and wouldn't give me it. There was a gentleman who requested the same and they refused him also which is very wrong. I had only asked for the days I was there but she said no. I had also asked for a room on the main floor because of having bad knees and arthritis and they never bothered to move me, I had four flights of stairs and I was in and out several times so you can imagine the toll it took on my knees and carrying my luggage up that many flights was horrible. I couldn't get me printout of my payment when I left at 5:30 because no one is there till 8:00 AM. I had to call them later to have them e-mail it to me.

It was convienent.

• Standard Queen Room - Non Smoking

I saw online that the room price was $60.00 and I was booked @$143.00. The motel really was not worth the$143.00 so it was not as was shown. The motel was simply ok, but this is not a motel that is worth the $143.00. I have stayed in Comfort Inn for less. I do not ever intend to use booking.com again. When I stayed in Super 8 Blackfoot, Idaho was also was poor. I see not checking on facilities by Booking.com. These two times have made it impossible to have faith in Booking.com.

Its seemed clean and friendly staff

• Standard Queen Room - Non Smoking

They failed to tell us that they were going to chainsaw a tree down at 8am Saturday morning and then put it through the wood chipper. This went on all morning and afternoon. It was terrible.

The room was basic but good

Motel quite "dated".

Good value in an expensive city. Large, clean room with refrigerator. Good king bed. Easy parking. Easy access to all city areas; short drive to inner harbor.

• Standard 2 Double

Even though the entire motel is smoke free, I still had the smell of cigarette smoke wafting into my room at various times of the day and night. I booked my room specifically because it had a kitchen and when I arrived, I then discovered that if I wanted access to it I was required to pay extra. I was not aware of that detail when I booked the room.

There was plenty of hot water for morning showers. In the lobby they have a shelf full of books that guests are welcome to borrow and then return when they leave. I appreciated the refills of coffee and cream everyday.

• Standard Queen Room - Non Smoking

I always check the "cleaned and wrapped" glasses - these ones were filthy! One had a ring of someone else's beverage on it, the other looked like it was hastily wiped with a cloth and white hand soap.

For me the location was perfect. Just across the street from the apartment complex my niece lives in.

• Standard Queen Room - Non Smoking

Some traffic noise mostly in the morning. Dated interiors.

Close to Galloping Goose trail, a short and beautiful bike ride to downtown. Very friendly staff. Not high end but quaint and comfortable.

• Standard Queen Room - Non Smoking

The only complaint that we would have is the refrigerator made too much noise. LOL

It was a good distance from all the places we want to see a Victoria

• Standard 2 Double

Lack of any food options, eg. continental breakfast

The beds were exceptionally comfortable. The staff was very helpful. The room was fairly small and it would have been nice to have a microwave.

• Standard Queen Room - Non Smoking

If they had a breakfast.

I liked the location as it was easy to find and near the beautiful gorge. The staff was friendly and as I have a bad knee and requested a unit with no stairs. They gave us a very nice unit where we could park under a roof and right next to the door. The room was clean, good bed, fridge, wifi and everything we could ask for.

• Standard Queen Room - Non Smoking

Rooms need updated. Only one chair for two people. Nice fridge but no cutlery or plates. coffee maker but no kettle. Expensive for what was provided.

Good locatiom near bus stops. Clean, bedding and towels changed regularly. Bathroom good. Near Galloping goose trail so safe walking to both downtown and uptown. Bed comfortable. Air conditioning noisy but useful.

• King Studio with optional kitchen

Air circulation in the room was almost nonexistent. Even with the window open and the fan on, the room was a bit stuffy.

The hotel is right out of the 1950s. Quiet. Nice vibe. The staff were very helpful, and the rooms are quite clean.

• Standard Queen Room - Non Smoking

Lovely hotel, great room, very clean with a big comfortable bed. Good WiFi. Highly recommend this hotel. A bit pricey, but well worth the money.

When I had to leave

I had a great room close to everything I was able to book a bottom floor which I thought was great very close to my car my room had a great view I felt very comfortable

• Standard 2 Double

Overall first impression was that it was a seedy hotel. I was really concerned for my elderly father. He was not impressed. In fact he showed some fear as to staying there

Clean rooms

• Standard Queen Room - Non Smoking

The toilet seat needed to be repaired (it slipped every time we sat on it). The room is really cramped, but there are probably other rooms that are more spacious. There was no way to cool the room, even using the fan. The only window opened to the house on the street behind the motel, and there was no way to avoid having the neighbors look in.

With a car, the location is perfect for driving to downtown. There is a refrigerator in the room, and the bed was comfortable. The room is basic, but for our need, it was a fine value for the money.

• Standard Queen Room - Non Smoking

Shower sprayed all over the bathroom drenching everything in the room. Very tight room had trouble storing suitcases. Found a live beetle on the bed.

Location was not too far away from the downtown area we planned to visit.

• Standard 2 Double

Very miserly with beverage supplies, otherwise they did a good job. Our room seemed to have been recently refurbished with new equipment, carpets etc and was comfortable.

• Standard 2 Double

Housekeeping needs to spend more time on presentation. Bed skirt scrunched up under mattress. Bathroom. Garbage left on counter. No hairdryer. Older hotel. Portable A/C. Too expensive for what you get!

Was pretty clean. Location not too far from downtown.

• Standard Queen Room - Non Smoking

Housekeeping seemed a bit haphazard. Clean but they missed a few spots dusting. Overall ok. Two front desk staff were very helpful and friendly as they assisted us in booking an extra night.

• Standard Queen Room - Non Smoking

The front desk staff/Manager very argumentative and not helpful. Would not stay here again for that reason alone. Overcharged us on our bill as well as refused to help us cancel a night at the beginning of our 6 night stay. Parking not good.

The cleaning staff very friendly and accommodating. Good location for us. Pet friendly.

The roots from a big tree have created a an uneven hazardous surface in the parking lot. I would not recommend staying here if you have any mobility issues.

Decent room that was more affordable than others that were closer to the historic downtown area.

• Standard Queen Room - Non Smoking

Housekeeping didn't usually make up our room until late afternoon. It was a little inconvenient as we had to step out to let them clean, replenish towels, & make the bed. Sometimes they forgot to replenish coffee packets. They don't wash the few dishes we used.

Comfortable king size bed. Relatively quiet. Close to city parks.

• Standard Queen Room - Non Smoking

The window could not be locked but it had insect net.

Convenient to park at the back of the property. I traveled with my husband and stayed for two nights. about 5 km to Victoria city center and we walked. The staff was a friendly lady. The room was clean and worthy for the price.

• Standard 2 Double

Had requested 2 beds and was a queen and sofa bed. No air conditioner so had to leave window open on ground floor.

Location is close to town. Size and set up was good with a kitchenette but.... see next comment

• Standard Queen Room - Non Smoking

Cleaning was bad. Coffee cups not replaced or cleaned, bathroom not cleaned. Actually only the bed was made. Staff not helpful. Cannot pay cash.

Spacious room, good wifi

• Standard 2 Double

Updated décor and improvements to the exterior of the lodging. Inadequate parking and noise from traffic.

The bed was comfortable and the travel brochures were helpful.

• King Studio with optional kitchen

The parking was insufficient and small spaces. Often, when we left our room we could smell marihuana -possibly coming from the outside picnic table area. The cleaning staff forgot to replenish items 2 of 6 days.

The bed was comfy. The room was big.

• Standard 2 Double

A microwave oven would be good, a hair dryer but other than that it was a decent stay and we would book there again.

They are in the process of upgrading (this is an older site and they are making progress). It is now non-smoking. Our room was very quiet and there was an air conditioner' a tad noisy but it worked and we were able to get a good night's sleep. We stayed 4 nights and had no disruptions.

• Standard Queen Room - Non Smoking

very relaxing and staff were pleasant and helpful . easy access to downtown . area was quiet and scenery was unbelievable . lots to see and do . we would highly recommend .

• Standard Queen Room - Non Smoking

There was no hairdryer in the room so I got one from reception, but each time I tried to use it the electricity jumped . I told reception but I didn't get an alternative dryer . No safe in the room. Coffee maker didn't work but I got a kettle from reception.

The room was a good size and it was clean. Parking available. Laundry . About a 40 minute walk into town along the river.....nice walk .

• Standard 2 Double

Could have had an extra coffee pack.

The room was very clean for an older motel, having an a/c unit in the room on that particular night was very welcomed.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

• King Studio with optional kitchen

After the horrible airbnb experience this was an amazing contrast. The staff was super helpful, the king size room super comfy and clean. We could have used the kitchen for an extra 10 dollars a day as well. The perfect North American experience!!

• Standard Queen Room - Non Smoking

A/c was loud/didn't work that great, parking was bad/tight. Minimal at front, in back had to drive over large ledge to get to it, bad for car. Our car door had large ding in it, pretty sure from someone parking too close and opening door into it

Price wasn't outrageous, laundry facilities, location