Reviews of Marco Polo Inn 2 stars

5.7

6.2

5.6

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

Horrible, dirty, smelly and old
    • Non-Smoking King-Size Bed Room

We booked this place but as soon as we arrived we noticed how dirty and smelly the place was... the corridor has a so dirty and smelly carpet that makes you wanna puke and be really afraid of what you will find on your room... the room was also smelly and full of very old appliances... everything seems to be dirty and old... the air conditioner was very noisy... we left the room without unpacking our things to look for a place to have dinner but instead we decided to ask on the next door place if they had rooms. They informed us they had but since we were already in Marco Polo that they could not accept us because they have a bed bug problem... that was it!! We looked for another place (this time without mentioning our origin) and moved there before even having dinner... when I said I wanted a full refund because I did not like the place the attendant made a face as if he understood and expected that... do not waste your time here...

The location is nice but there are many better ones around...

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Left to other accommodations following night. Don’t book here.
    • Non-Smoking King-Size Bed Room

Front desk has no set hours- checked in late afternoon. Desk doesn’t answer phone. Facility really run down. Poorly lit. Pool not working outside although 28 degrees C. Another guest who walked behind me up the stairs and had room beside me seemed like on crack (no sense gibberish and twitching). No breakfast - bathroom had hair all over sink and tub. Hairdryer didn’t work. Electrical outlets were octopused. Borrowed clothes iron from desk - no board. Used iron with extra towels on single table in room - and iron had a bunch of blue stuff which destroyed my only good white work blouse!! $60 plus taxes so not worth it!! Never again! I’m a pretty laid back traveller, but gross is gross!

Advertises as a youth hostel - it is NOT. There was a microwave in room. Has semi hot water for shower.

Gave our room away!
    • Non-smoking 2 Queen-Size Beds Room

My husband and I were booked at the Marco Polo Inn over a month in advance to our check in date. The morning of our arrival we received a phone call from the staff at Marco Polo Inn advising us that our room was no longer available. ??? Needless to say my husband, who got the phone call, wasn't impressed. After a stern conversation between him and the receptionist, the phone line went dead. They had hung up on my husband. My husband was at work and didn't have time to call back so I had the 'honour' of trying to get to the bottom of it and figuring out what the Marco Polo Inn was going to do for us to rectify the matter because we were arriving in Niagara Falls in five hours and now had no where to stay. After many back and forth phone calls they found us another motel to stay at and covered the difference in cost for the night. We believe that they gave our room away because we got it at a cheaper price than the current going rate through Booking.com, and when someone was wanting a room they could get more money from this new guest and bumped us. It caused unnecessary stress before a weekend get away that we were looking forward to. We frequent Niagara Falls a lot and we will not book a room here in case this happens again. So please be cautious of booking at Marco Polo Inn because your room might be sold out from underneath you.

Comfortable stay in budget
    • Non-smoking 2 Queen-Size Beds Room

check-in process i got call twice from property regarding some payment issue and room availability issue which got sorted out but made me worry.

Rooms were big enough and clean , price, Closeness to center

Very friendly service
    • Non-Smoking King-Size Bed Room

1Cant see the sign for the tree branches and the first room they gave us wasn't cleaned or made up , microwave sitting on the floor ,the second room was good but outside was pretty dumpy and even the outside patio is inbad shapethe umbrella on the table was broken and the chairs dirty and old and pavement broken

Very friendly service

Location only 15mins walk to Clifton Hill.
    • Non-smoking 2 Queen-Size Beds Room

There are no elevators so you need to be able to climb stairs with your luggage(s). Also, make sure you don’t leave out any sweet smelling natural skincare product or toothpaste on the washroom sink because tiny red ants come marching in. Lastly, when we tried to check the weather on the tv, every channel had a fuzzy screen. Other than these mishaps, Marco Polo Inn was amazing. We would be happy to stay again.

Location only 15mins walk to Clifton Hill. Clean room, super comfortable beds, hot water tap works great, perfect shower pressure, cool air conditioning, fridge, microwave, free wifi excellent, free parking, free coffee at reception and very courteous staff! Excellent value for the money. We will definitely come back.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

We would never stay there again and tell our friends to stay away!
    • Non-Smoking King-Size Bed Room

Shocked to see many, many little bugs in the bathroom when I woke up!!All over the sink area and walls!!

Not much to like, small, old and in need of repairs,renovations.

A great place to eat buffet next to the hotel was good an so...
    • Non-smoking 2 Queen-Size Beds Room

A great place to eat buffet next to the hotel was good an so was the walking close to most everything and the wego bus stop right outside the door was great.

Do not stay here.....horrible....don't know who could say this was ok..even for $...
    • Non-Smoking King-Size Bed Room

Mattress and broken air conditioner in hall. In room left over underwear in corner of room. Dirty walls, bag of who knows what left on stairs. Fire door left open at 1 am people noisy in hall. Bedding old and sheets yellow. Slept with clothes on.

Damaged bathroom, staff needed to be woken up at 9 am by...
    • Non-Smoking King-Size Bed Room

Damaged bathroom, staff needed to be woken up at 9 am by knocking at the door next to the office to get the 50 dollar refund back. I forgot my glasses and called, nobody answered, left a message twice, and nobody returned my call. Worst place ever!!!’ The pool was small and in a bad location.

Not clean at all
    • Non-Smoking King-Size Bed Room

The rooms were really very dirty. There were ants in the room and dust everywhere. We had to book the hotel because we didn’t have any other options.

Marco Polo visit
    • Non-Smoking King-Size Bed Room

We all had a bad sleep. The bed was hard and pillows were worn out. The shower nozzle had low water pressure and not that hot. AC power point in bathroom did not work. Wife had to blow dry hair near the fridge.

Close walk to the Niagara falls, restaurants and rides. Cheap price compared to other Motels in area.

The location is just perfect to walk around the area.
    • Non-smoking 2 Queen-Size Beds Room

This place needs a good improvement, with regards to cleanliness, the room smells, the bathroom just have 3"x3" exhaust fan which i think it is not working either. For the bed, flat sheets has been used to cover the matress which doesn't stay on place.

The location is just perfect to walk around the area.

Please send me a receipot, invoice or bill, I need it to get a reinbursement or let me know how I ca
    • Non-smoking 2 Queen-Size Beds Room

That I could not getbe receipt to get my reinbursemenet

I need to get a receipt or invoice to UNIVERSITY OF GUADALAJARA UGU250907MH5 AVE JUAREZ 976 GUADALAJARA JAL 44100 How I can get the receipt, bill or invoice?

Comfortable rooms in a great loaction
    • Non-smoking 2 Queen-Size Beds Room

There was some confusion at check-in as two members of our party arriving at different times both got charged and we ended up with four rooms instead of two. Once we became aware of this it was quickly sorted by a member of staff but it shouldn't have happened in the first place.

The property is in an excellent location just a short walk from the attractions at Clifton Hill and the Falls themselves. The room was comfortable with good AC and wifi.

the place was dirty, our room was dirty, cleaning supplies...
    • Non-Smoking King-Size Bed Room

the place was dirty, our room was dirty, cleaning supplies was scattered all over the hall way, to many stairs. and not save, stranger are sitting, outside hallways. the service the quality of the room and the facility is not worth the price. and the worst part, when i was ask for security deposite, i paid in cash, just to guarantee that i will receive it back as soon as we checked out. when i checked out, they didn't give me my full security deposit which was $60 and insisted that I only paid 45. there was no point of arguing, since im not going back there again.there are other affordable stay inn around the area. more affordable, convenient and better service and better rooms.

Economy. Get what you pay for.
    • Non-Smoking King-Size Bed Room

Too many things. NO swimming pool out of order...Room entrance door stuck all the time..could not get in or out...lots of stairs to climb...not clean on outside premises...

Not worth the Money!!
    • Non-smoking 2 Queen-Size Beds Room

The outside needs updating really bad. They have a pool and it wasn't open. There was lots of trash floating around in it.. The rooms were clean but there was a weird smell through out the building. Everytime we go out for the day and return our key didnt work to get back in our room so we had to go to front desk to get reset. Strange.. there was a drunk or high couple out by our car and they were putting stuff on our car then when we went out they were passed out on the grass in front of our car. So we went in to report it to the front desk and the lady didnt seem to care. She went out and looked and that was it. There was a trashy smoking area right outside the entrance so everytime you go in and out you have to bare the smoke in your face and have to smell it and cigarette buds are all over the ground. I booked this place on booking.com and it said we would not be charged until we get to hotel.. well that isnt true. The hotel took the money out of my account so I addressed that with hotel and they said that ls what they do because people sometimes don't show up. . I told them they need to update what it has on booking.com.. I would not recommend family with kids at this hotel. To me it's a 1 to 2 star hotel out of 5 and potentially unsafe with drunks sleeping outside the door by your cars and the hotel is not secure so anyone can just walk in. We will not be staying here again and would not recommend. .. ..

I would not stay here again. The hotel next door was so much nicer. It's called the kings Inn.

The photos shown on the site, aren’t as great as you would see it in person...
    • Non-smoking 2 Queen-Size Beds Room

Our room was very dirty, i expected it to be atleast clean, our beddings seams it hasn’t been changed from the last guests that slept there, our pillow case had trace of hairs on them, I had to go personally and asked for new beddings, even our washroom was filled with dust... I had to do dusting work because almost everyone in the family having dust allergy attack, due to the lack of cleanliness.. Microwave was very dirty inner and outer, fridge was okay, table menu book and the table itself was dirty filled with dust I’d say... We had no choice but to stay since there were no other place we could go to, plus we had been charged a day before we even came... Internet was good, runs really fast. But above all the price of our stay does not meet the value of it.

Staff are cooperative, and easy access with them 24 hrs service.

The check in time no problem.
    • Non-smoking 2 Queen-Size Beds Room

I didn't like the room close to the housekeeping room.. Need a newer beddings and more attractive color....Make your front be more presentable so you're guest would guest admire as soon as they get in your property...

The check in time no problem....staff at the front desk we're good. SPACE of the room was quite good.....

would not stay there again.
    • Non-smoking 2 Queen-Size Beds Room

room had ants. no pool. hallway was noisy with kids running loose and yelling. area run down. needs to be refurbished. wifi not working. cell phones didn't work.

it was within walking distance of most attractions.

Would not stay there again if I could stay somewhere else.
    • Non-smoking 2 Queen-Size Beds Room

Furniture literally falling apart. Wifi had very bad signal. Water pressure and temperature fluctuated wildly.

Cheap for a Friday night in Niagara Falls.

Never come back again!
    • Non-smoking 2 Queen-Size Beds Room

First of off, there were no coffee or tea in the room, and it doesn’t look like the housekeeping doing their job to changing the bed sheet because i, myself and my girlfriend both got bed bugs bites after we check out which is unexpectable!!!! Apparently the exit door since to open the entire day/night because when we came back at night, there were a lot of mosquitos in the hallways.

The location is good.
    • Non-smoking 2 Queen-Size Beds Room

The shower didn't work upon my arrival. I had to go to the front desk and get the key cards reset everyday.

The location is good. You can walk to the attractions, restaurants, etc.

Smokey and dusty Rooms!!!

We checked in as per our reservation into our Non smoking rooms but once in the rooms within few minutes we realized that our children's eyes eyes were swelling up and turning red and watery and soon after the adults were having trouble breathing. We realised it was very dusty and there was definitely smoking done in those rooms before. So thinking about everyone's health we left the property right away and booked paid for 2 other rooms at a different hotel. Then I came back to hand over the keys and check out and the person told me that they can't do anything....i should have come back right away and he would have shown us other rooms. I requested a refund so he did so only on one room. If you are ok with smoke and dust then for the money you pay this is good. But I paid about the same price for 2 amazing real smoke free rooms at best western.

Only the from desk worker was very well behaved

Unclean, walking distance from falls.
    • Non-Smoking King-Size Bed Room

We put our own sheets from our camper on the bed because there were hairs and dirt in the sheets and we did not think they had been changed. There was dried blood on one of the face towels. The room and halls smelt of smoke despite being in a non-smoking room. People were outside our window late smoking and talking loudly. Staff were friendly. We did not bring this up with the owner because in our minds it could not be fixed, damage was already done and wasn't going to change our opinion of the establishment or change our review.

Fridge and Microwave in room.

Never again would i return or recommend
    • Non-Smoking King-Size Bed Room

Filthy conditions overall, drunk father of receptionist attended us when we checked out, dated rooms and furniture, mold around bathtub, mattress seemed very very old

Cheap and well-located.
    • Non-smoking 2 Queen-Size Beds Room

I never slept on pillows that uncomfortable before. Bring your own. But for the price, it's not like I can really complain.

It was fine for the price we paid. Really cheap, good location, parking included. It was very close to everything we wanted to see.

Pillows not comfy.
    • Non-Smoking King-Size Bed Room

Price was too high for the quality

Pillows not comfy...soap for showers rough and small....carpet old and dirty ...windows open with no screens and very old curtains....tv small...nothing updated

Gross.
    • Non-smoking 2 Queen-Size Beds Room

I didn't like one thing.

Very dirty rooms and facility. The worst staff I have ever dealt with. I over paid for this room and would never ever recommend this place to anybody.

Very Dirty!!!
    • Non-smoking 2 Queen-Size Beds Room

Hotel room smelled of mold, the room air conditioners not working . The towels was very dirty and I must to said two times to change it. The staff never smiled or said hello. The wifi, while free and available in the rooms, was extremely slow. They charged CAD$243 for a family of 3.adults for 2 nights. Too expensive for the disgusting room. Do not stay there!!!!

It wasnt something what I liked.

Obviously these people don't want to spend any money on this hotel . Ok for back packers.
    • Non-Smoking King-Size Bed Room

We were allocated a room that already had people in it when we opened the door , then were given another room that had pubic hairs in the bath tub , the bed sheets were on side ways and the carpets felt sticky . Old box style TV from the 80's and the old remote control didn't work . No Safe for you pass ports and belongings . Front desk and general hotel dirty ... no coffee facilities in room .

it is a budget accommodation for just a get away for a...
    • Non-smoking 2 Queen-Size Beds Room

facility not secured because any one can come in by the back door that was not properly secured. left open the whole night and give way to outside stares, . i did not like the lack of lift it does not sound family friendly especially if travelling with kids of young age.

it is a budget accommodation for just a get away for a weekend. the facility is pretty old and needs renovations. However they do their level best to be lean.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

Feel unsafe and not comfortable. Not family friendly.
    • Non-smoking 2 Queen-Size Beds Room

The towels, the bath,the sink,the carpet ,etc are old and dirty. There is not a kettle in the room for making a cup of tea. The facilities are old and broken, i.e.the safety catch of the door, it was broken that we didn't feel safe to stay in the room. WIFI is a bit slow. The room rate was expensive without breakfast, other inn and motel we stayed were cheaper and including breakfast.

The location of Marco Polo Inn.

Horrible WiFi but good otherwise
    • Non-Smoking King-Size Bed Room

The WiFi is terrible- the signal is weak and asks to reconnect every now and then. They really need to upgrade this.

The room and the location were good. It is a 15-min walk to the falls, and the WEGO bus stop is right next to the property. A good place to sleep and shower.

a filthy dump............not worth any sum of money

read the one above

Nothing..The rug was filthy...very dirty and they did not vacuum it before or during our two day stay...the mattress cover was soiled and needed changed..the one bed would collapse if you rolled or sat on it.on the left side .the bathroom had missing light bulbs and I wiped the sink counter down and the face rag became filthy..the phone did not work..I went to the office three times and each time I had a man from India who seemed not able to speak English..I wanted my money back but they just looked at me and talked in a jiberish voice..no help..the towels although washed where stained..the outlet by the tv was ripped out of the wall, no cable, the room had a smelly order..took one hour to check in and we was the only ones..took us to the room and could not get in with the new card he printed, we waiting in the hall for about 30 mins, the back of the furniture was damaged with holes..the safety latch on the entry door was missing it is the piece that slides when you open the door to peek to talk with who was at the door, the stopped plug for the sink was missing so you could not fill it with water.. the bathroom floor had pieces of paper when we arrived and two days later it was still on the floor,,so they never cleaned it and at 400pm the room had no towels, I never saw or heard a vacuum cleaner..no ice machine on first or second floor did not go to the third floor..no food or anything other than a pop machine,, no one to listen to my concerns..no one cared,,the people in the office could not speak English, could not communicate with them and I talked to three different men, unless they where faking it so as to not address my concerns.

Bestie was not bad could be more cleaner
    • Non-smoking 2 Queen-Size Beds Room

The room should be a little bit more cleaner have a lot of stains on the wall should have been clean and the fridge was all broken inside but we're still working at least

Location was good.
    • Non-smoking 2 Queen-Size Beds Room

Bed was squeaky (they did move us when we complained) and no bathroom fan. Would be great to have a coffee machine. There should be info in the rooms about the bussing. Discovered on the 2nd day that WeGo bus is $7 for 24 hrs of riding as often as we wanted to.

Location was good. Close to bus and restaurants. Great desk staff

Staff did let us move room because of strong mold smell.
    • Non-smoking 2 Queen-Size Beds Room

We had two towels for four people and when we asked for more they only gave us more after we insisted. The room smelled so strongly of mold we were about to leave and try to get another hotel but we changed rooms which was much better. The hotel is very run down, but we were only looking for a clean room, we were out sightseeing all day. The pool was dirty, we didn't have time to swim anyway.

Staff did let us move room because of strong mold smell. There were lots of dining options very close to hotel. Good location , easy to drive to Niagara Falls.

Too expensive for a disgusting motel
    • Non-smoking 2 Queen-Size Beds Room

It smelled like urine in the hall. There was sign of mold on the mattress. The carpet was peeling of the wall. Most of the staff did not speak english.

The location. We could walk to the interesting area

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

Price was good, stuff was nice, location is not bad, the...
    • Non-smoking 2 Queen-Size Beds Room

It doesn't smell good, the front desk should be cleaner, and the front desk person should look more professional. Although, he was nice and helpful.

Price was good, stuff was nice, location is not bad, the front desk person was friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Great value for money , good location , clean , friendly...

Great value for money , good location , clean , friendly staff

Cheap, bearable, wifi works, room clean, good location
    • Non-smoking 2 Queen-Size Beds Room

Dirty and worn out, needs renovation

Cheap, bearable, wifi works, room clean, good location

Affordable price.
    • Non-Smoking King-Size Bed Room

Affordable price....good location...nice staff...

Close to everything!

Close to everything! Price

Awful experience.

uncleanliness

• Non-smoking 2 Queen-Size Beds Room

Hotel need to be updated

not good

not good

1/4 of a star
    • Non-smoking 2 Queen-Size Beds Room

The room was dirty and smell very bad. The bed was hard. I checked out the next day and went to another motel.

Is near the falls, 10 min walking
    • Non-smoking 2 Queen-Size Beds Room

I has the problem whit the ants, i show the owner for the traitment the same fir the fruits flys in the room

Is near the falls, 10 min walking

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

I changed to another hotel after the first night

Dirty and smell

Dirty and smell Don’t go for this one

Good budget motel
    • Non-smoking 2 Queen-Size Beds Room

Great location, just 10 minutes walk to the attractions. Staff helpful.

Weekend outing

Location 15 mins walk to Niagara, AC requires cleaning, no kettle inside rooms

Staff was friendly, value for money

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Didn’t like it and moved to another hotel after one night stay
    • Non-smoking 2 Queen-Size Beds Room

Looks like they didn’t clean underneath the beds for a while. The floor of the bathroom was dirty

Grande chambre

Piscine , jaccuzzi non accessible

Grande chambre

• Non-Smoking King-Size Bed Room

The personal and the rooms

Don’t have the proper pool

Don’t have the proper pool

5.5
    Poor
    • Non-Smoking King-Size Bed Room

TV did not work pool was closed

King bed

....

Nice....

Work more on cleanliness and renovating is required badly
    • Non-Smoking King-Size Bed Room

I saw Ant in Washroom. Carpet were not very clean. Also no elevator in the hotel.

Location and price. King size Bed was nice.

It was normal.
    • Non-smoking 2 Queen-Size Beds Room

It was terrible smell in the toilet and in the rooms. The A/C made many noises.

It might had been a freedom and peace. Nobody had bothered us.

Its dirty, but cheap.
    • Non-smoking 2 Queen-Size Beds Room

It was somewhat dirty. I am sure that the bedspreads were not clean. Also we had ants in our room.

It seemed to be lacking in maintenance.

6.5 out of 10
    • Non-Smoking King-Size Bed Room

They do room cleaning with no door tag to ask for no entry if you value privacy when your not in.

Its a motel. But actually not that bad.

All good! Can only recommend!

All perfect!

Friendly staff, good room, very cheap, close to the city center and the Niagara falls but still not so bussy/calm area

ok as far as location, and just to sleep
    • Non-Smoking King-Size Bed Room

no wifi, no pool, no Jacuzzi, no tv until late evening

the bed was comfy

except swimming pool i like the stay

swimming pool was not cleaned and was not ready to use.It really disappointed us

Great!!
    • Non-Smoking King-Size Bed Room

The drinks machine doesn’t have the option to pay through ur bank card.

My stay was amazing. Very happy with everything :)

Good location, about 10 minutes walk to the falls :)
    • Non-Smoking King-Size Bed Room

Good location, about 10 minutes walk to the falls :)

👍👍

👍

👍👍

Good stay :) friendly staff

No laundry

It's close to Clifton hill

Great time reasonable rates good location we were happy
    • Non-smoking 2 Queen-Size Beds Room

Very clean and the furniture even tho it was nothing special was in perfect condition I feel was the best value for money

Cheap, decent hotel with free parking and close to restaurants.
    • Non-smoking 2 Queen-Size Beds Room

Old TV, place could do with renovation but good overall.

Good value for money, clean rooms. Good location, free parking. Close to Niagara Falls :)

I will never stay there again
    • Non-smoking 2 Queen-Size Beds Room

Everything the bathroom was rust the small sink

Nothing the place was nice dirty

Not bad and it was too expensive

away from resturants

LOCATION near wonderlands for my favourit kids

The location was great.
    • Non-smoking 2 Queen-Size Beds Room

The pool was not clean or opened..and it was a hot day..

The location was great. The fact you can walk anywhere was great...