Reviews of Ramada Plaza by Wyndham Gatineau/Manoir du Casino 4 stars

75 rue d'Edmonton, Hull, J8Y 6W9 Gatineau, Canada

#3 of 23 hotels in Gatineau

Great Location
    • Mezzanine Suite

The air conditioning was a little weak. You cannot adjust the temperature but maybe it was just our room. The pool was way too warm and small but very clean.

Location. Room was enormous (loft with second bed and bathroom). Walking distance to Casino. Quiet and clean.

The staff was great !
    • Classic King Room with Fireplace

Breakfast is cheap (10$), but not good. Potatoes aren't well cooked, sausages are super greasy, scrambled egg doesn't taste good... We were happy it was included in our deal and that we didn't have to pay more for this.

The staff was great !

my stay was great the location was perfect for the work I had to be at just only a short drive.
    • Classic Room with Two Queen Beds and Fireplace

no comment everything has met my needs.

for myself not being a French speaking individual that staff made every effort to ensure that I was comfortable.

Excellent hotel for value, location, and amenities!!
    • Classic Room with Two Queen Beds and Fireplace

Clean hotel, excellent location, great variety for breakfast and its available until 11:30am which is fantastic for late risers. Different kinds of rooms to suit all requirements.

Room was perfect and the bed was nice and comfy.
    • Classic King Room with Fireplace

Room was perfect and the bed was nice and comfy. Have dinner at the restaurant and the food was excellent. Very close to the casino and to the bicycle path.

I'm not sure that we will go back in future.
    • Classic Room with Two Queen Beds and Fireplace

We were there quite a few times over the past 6 years and we found it not as clean as it was a year ago. We were there 2 nights and I had to call the desk at 1:30 pm on the first day there, because no one had come to clean the room yet, there was no more toilet paper or Kleenex. Not impressed. The carpets in the corridor and the room need refreshing.

The Bistro was good.

A good value alternative to the casino hotel.
    • Classic King Room with Fireplace

Exercise room is pretty limited. The rooms, while clean and comfortable, could use a bit of freshening.

Comfortable beds. Large rooms. Good location if you don't want to stay at the casino.

Other than the false fire alarm, room was very comfortable.

Fire alarm which proved to be false at 6:00 a.m. Saturday morning. 20 flights of stairs with no staff in sight to report the false alarm at evac gathering area. Only 10th and 20th floor's were affected. No apologies offered by anyone. Not a happy camper.

The room was nice & roomy.
    • Mezzanine Suite

No hooks in the bathroom to hang our towels. I bit inconvenient as we were 4 in the room. The water in the pool was foggy & un-clear; unable to see the bottom. The pool is only 3 feet deep. Unable to use software to rate the property...clicking on the choices and it doesn't work

The room was nice & roomy. Staff very pleasant and helpful.

unhygienic, dirty, bedbugs.
    • Classic Room with Two Queen Beds and Fireplace

My partner, who is an ON and QC licensed exterminator, found bedbugs within our first room. (Live bedbug, eggs, and dead bedbug). Bathtub also began to leak.

Great management services.

A little too much money for the facilities

The noisy hallways by that I mean kids where allowed by their parents to run around and talk at no end early Sunday morning . As parents they should have had some consideration that they weren’t the only ones in that hotel . Staff such as cleaners didn’t even bothers to slowdown those little rugrats. Neither did the front desk it was warned once but continued.

Location was excellent very friendly staff parking very large

Our bath tub was clogged.

Our bath tub was clogged. We had to call the front desk about 6 times before someone answered. We felt the price we paid was not worth the room we got.

Ramada Manoir de Casino is well located, beautifully clean and quiet with incredible amenities.
    • Classic King Room with Fireplace

We think more housekeeping staff for such a large hotel would be beneficial.

We loved the fireplace and whirlpool tub in this very roomy suite. The extra large King bed was very comfortable.

Satisfactory for our needs.
    • Classic King Room with Fireplace

I don"t have a credit card, so hotel charges $250.00 deposit for potential damage/smoking hazard, when credit card holders are charged $50.00. Probably industry wide policy but still questionable tactic, especially dealing with responsible adults.

Suited needs very well, for Nordic spa and Casino and gateau park weekend.
    • Classic Room with Two Queen Beds and Fireplace

Should be automatic check out. Called front desk to see if I could check out over phone but had to go to desk. Nothing needed to be done when I did that.

Room was good size for 4 people. Bathroom as well with double sink! Was able to enjoy the pool hot tub and sauna (need towels in pool area though) Bed very comfortable. Everything clean!

Room was very nice and the fireplace was welcome during this...
    • Business King Room

There was a party in the room beside us that went all night long, wish they would have told us, we might have asked for another room. We had a hard time sleeping because of this.

Room was very nice and the fireplace was welcome during this cold night.

every think perfect, like I said except the carton glasses.
    • King Room - Disability Access

The only thing is that you should have glasses in glass and 2 glasses of wine in the room, also an opener for the wine. Drinking in cartons is not my thing.

Apart from the deposit bump stay was good.
    • Classic King Room with Fireplace

The hotel wanted a credit card imprint for $50.00. Since I only have a Visa debit, they asked for $250.00. deposit. Then when we checked out, the desk had to make sure that we didn't wreck the place overnight, thereby delaying our departure. Got deposit back of course, but my guess this is a widely accepted practice. However, makes one feel like a third class customer.

For the most part we did enjoy the hotel.
    • Mezzanine Suite

The hotel was full of children for a hockey tournament and it would have been nice to be notified before I booked because I would have chose to stay elsewhere. We chose your hotel for the pool and hot tub which we were unable to enjoy do to the fact there was more than 20 children in there at any given time and the noise level was horrible. If I choose to stay here again, I would make sure there isn’t a tournament going on in the area first.

The room was beautiful and found that we didn’t hear much noise in our room which is a big bonus.

The staff at the property are great and the rooms are...
    • Classic King Room with Fireplace

The hotel is pretty dated. I had a room that wasn't wheelchair accessible and the shower was a curtained-in Jacuzzi tub. It was very odd. Also, do yourself a favour and have your meals offsite. I ordered a burger through room service and it was easily the worst burger I've ever had.

The staff at the property are great and the rooms are spacious.

Great price, super comfy, no reason to go anywhere else!

loved the beds and the bathroom as a whole. Before checkout I enjoyed a nice warm bath which never ran out of hot water. This place gave me everything I needed!

Nice place if you have use of a car.
    • Classic King Room with Fireplace

The restaurant was not opened for lunch or diner. The office provided in the room was not made to work, and was more for decor purposes than for use.

The staff was very accommodating. Needed to work late inthe afternoon, and they provided me with a free very late check-out time.

Very very plaisant.we deffinitely will go again.
    • Business King Room

The rugs on the floor.Seem clean but it makes the room stuffy and we woke up in the morning alittle bit congested.

The bed is very comfortable.tneroom is spacious and very clean.awindow that we can open so we can have fresh air very important for me. So Near the Casino if you like you can walk.

No elevator, I requested ground floor because I can’t do...
    • Classic Room with Two Queen Beds and Fireplace

No elevator, I requested ground floor because I can’t do stairs easily and there are no rooms on ground floor at that hotel. Someone should have advised of that.

I would come back.

I always had to try my key card multiple times before it unlocked the door.

I liked the big bath tub. I liked that it was close to where I had to visit.

Clean room, comfy bed, fireplace, blackout curtains.
    • Business King Room

No pen/pad of paper. No mattress cover, the flat sheet that was tucked under mattress kept coming loose. The Jacuzzi tub plug wasn't working so lost water fast :(

Clean room, comfy bed, fireplace, blackout curtains.

i will come back you should have a shuttle to train an bymarket in ontario
    • Classic Room with Two Queen Beds and Fireplace

the bathroom was in bad shape water on floorv change shower head .not enough hot water an carpet in hallway it is ugly .fix those things your place is in good place fridge to cold frose my drinks there was no milk or cream for coffee or tea

Would stay here again especially if going to Casino (we were not visiting Casino at this time).
    • Classic Room with Two Queen Beds and Fireplace

Parking lot very busy with taxi line-ups preventing temporary check-in parking near the entrance.

Room fine with very comfy bed. Quiet in spite of very heavily booked time.

The hotel was lovely and the staff were charming. I will stay there again.
    • Classic King Room with Fireplace

I really liked the big bathroom with the huge whirlpool tub. The shuttle service to the casino across the street was great. It was walking distance for most but being a bit older it was too far for me. The breakfast was very good.

The hot tub is amazingly hot.
    • Business King Room

The hot tub is amazingly hot. The pool isn't large enough to do much swimming, but has very comfortable jets and platforms for people who can't stand the heat from the hot tub. Personally, I found it great to jump from hot tub to pool and back.

Clean, roomy, inexpensive, close to the Casino

I think the only thing that we didn't enjoy quite as much was the mattress and pillows. The mattress felt like a pull-out couch mattress and the pillows were too light and mushy. But overall, I'd still go back. One thing to note is that while the hotel is close from the Casino, it's not actually located in the nicest part of Gatineau, but more on one of its industrial streets. There are a few shops and restaurants around, and it's not a "bad" part of town, but simply not the nicest either.

This hotel is situated across the street (walking distance) from the Lac Leamy Casino and is most likely much cheaper than staying at the Casino itself. Our room was roomy and clean and the staff courteous.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

Wonderful stay for convocation in Ottawa!
    • Classic Room with Two Queen Beds and Fireplace

I was unfamiliar with the hotel when booking and we ended up with a suite that faced a steep hill and the highway.

The suites provided excellent space and comfort for our party of 5. The extra loft and separate bathroom was wonderful and very much appreciated as we prepared for our son's convocation.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

I would come back.
    • Classic Room with Two Queen Beds and Fireplace

There were times when the person in the room above me was very noisy. I do not blame the staff for the behaviour of another guest.

Staff was very helpful. I would come back. They were very well mannered, both in the restaurant and the hotel.

seems to be going downhill. stayed here in the past .
    • Classic King Room with Fireplace

Requested early checkin for our anniversary 2 months prior. No. Paid for fireplace . it diddnt work. Coffee in room had no creamer. 2 lights in room didnt work. Coffee paper cups were dirty.

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

Convenient location and enjoyable stay.
    • Classic King Room with Fireplace

This time just found the bed not so comfy and the couch for watching TV not so comfy. All other stays we had individual lounge chairs and no problems with bed. But I will return because we like the place.

Did not have the breakfast. Found the bed not so comfortable this stay.

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

It was a really nice stay!
    • Classic Room with Two Queen Beds and Fireplace

Have breakfast included in all booking options.

It was much more cleaner as compared with previous stays. Very convenient location if you want to spend some time in the Casino. Nice and friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 19 January 2017

Caffeine withdrawal for everyone
    • Business King Room

Restaurant was closed. No Coffee in the building are you kidding? Should have put a carafe in the lobby. Coffee machines in room are cheap and don't work.

Staff were helpful and welcoming Massage at spa was manifique

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Good stay but needs TLC
    • Mezzanine Suite

The hotel was under renos and the restaurant had gone under so you had to leave the hotel to eat breakfast, that wasn't included.

Staff were very nice and helpful

Cozy and romantic
    • Classic King Room with Fireplace

Loud corridor noises, very confusing floor set up. Oh and no bacon was served at breakfast :( !!!

Beds are comfy, pool and jacuzzi are very nice. Also the therapeutic bath in the room is amazing.

Everything good, but should be allowed to prepay the rooms.
    • Classic King Room with Fireplace

I was very disappointed with the fact that this was a gift and I wanted my credit card to be used for the gift receivers. Upon arrival they requested for their credit card.

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

not required as far as we are concerned.
    • Classic King Room with Fireplace

Bed was very comfortable, we did not have any croissants as we did not eat in your restaurant at all. I am annoyed that all of your e-mails refer to me entirely as "Barber". I do have a first name. Very poor customer service in that respect.

• Reviewed: 17 December 2016

Walking distance to the casino--in good weather!
    • Classic King Room with Fireplace

The young man who checked us in--I'm sorry I didn't note his name, was very helpful and friendly and set our visit off with his positive manner.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

The spa tub was great, the staff was great,
    • Classic Room with Two Queen Beds and Fireplace

I opened the window when I first arrived and the screen fell out on me, the upstairs guests were very loud, you could hear everytime someone walked across the floor, and there were children running the halls at all hours. You could hear everything in the room that went on in the hallway. The breakfast buffet wasn't worth $13. Should have been included in the room price. No shuttle to airport. I probably wouldn't go back.

The spa tub was great, the staff was great,

• Reviewed: 9 November 2016

good location, good value
    • King Room - Disability Access

apparently accidentally booked online an accessible room and they wanted to charge extra to change that to a regular room, unable to check in "early" 2:40pm, sheets on king size bed not large enough to stay tucked in

good location, good value

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

Great stay despite first impressions
    • Business King Room

Front desk should be better at dealing with early arrivals. Room was not ready when I got to the hotel and instead of giving and estimated time, front desk responded coldlly "Guaranteed as of 4PM". Not a great way to start a stay.

comfortable stay in spacious room

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

Great spot to stay and enjoy nearby Ottawa
    • Business King Room

Pool area was ok, hot tub was overcrowded each time we tried to enjoy it, but alas we enjoyed the pool and sauna instead, and used our double air tub in the room.

Overall stay was quite pleasant. Staff, property and facilities were great. Room was nicely appointed and enjoyed being on the secured floor. On site restaurant has a great breakfast buffet.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

Great stay
    • Classic King Room with Fireplace

The only issue was i was woken up at 5 am the first day because we heard everything from upstaires The banging went on all morning. I don't know if they decided to do renovations at 5 am on a Saturday morning but my boyfriend and I were pretty upset

Beautiful place.. really greatly located right next to the casino which is within walking distance The room was nice and clean

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

Nice hotel and great location to the Ottawa and Gatineau region.
    • Classic King Room with Fireplace

Carpeting in hallways and rooms are beginning to show ware in many locations. Cleaning staff use a room deodorizer which leave a scent; quite strong in my opinion.

Bed was very comfortable. Lots of amenities in the bathroom, ie soaps, shampoos, etc. Very quiet location. Walking distance to grocery and liquor store. Casino across the road.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

City break to Ottawa
    • Business King Room

Rooms were big, but dated. To me rooms smelt stale (they were spotless tho). Restaurant food was ok, I was expecting better quality for a Ramada hotel.

We were warmly greeted at arrival by front desk staff! Indoor pool and jacuzzi is a bonus. Overall, couldn't fault the staff, they were excellent. Hotel is conveniently located (10min drive to do parlement hill in Ottawa).

Beds were comfortable.
    • Classic Room with Two Queen Beds and Fireplace

Staff at the front desk could be more friendly. We were tired as we arrived at 2 am after a very long drive and asked for a checkout an hour later than usual but were refused even though the housekeeping staff was busy cleaning other rooms and the hotel could have offered us at least half an hour if not the full hour.

Beds were comfortable. Room was big. Bathroom was luxurious.

• Reviewed: 2 September 2016

AWESOME AND DISAPOINTED
    • Classic Room with Two Queen Beds and Fireplace

Buffet breakfast wasnt very good, fruits were not kept replenished and hot food was dried out, would have been better if it was put out little by little to keep it fresher!

I enjoyed the pool except was a little small but in all very clean & comfortable! The buffet breakfast wasnt as I had expected but was average! Thank you J. Spencer Blue Mountain

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

Value for money. Good place for romance and casino partying actually.
    • Classic Room with Two Queen Beds and Fireplace

Morning housekeeping bothered us TWICE. A little too forthright and pressing. Even opened the door partially once the second time. Had tonte them, "Go away, we are sleeping." Both times before even 10 am.

Bathroom - tub and shower. Fireplace is a nice simply elegant touch.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

She was quite happy with her stay
    • Classic Room with Two Queen Beds and Fireplace

Were told that because we were paying for her stay that she would have to $250.00 cash to leave at the front desk and it would be returned when they checked the room when she left. When she got there she was told this was not true. This amount was told to the lady at booking.com also.

This was her first time away with her and her son and enjoyed it

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

My go to place in Gatineau!
    • Business King Room

When you check in, expect an additional $100. to be held, on your credit card, until you check out. With taxes, my cost for two nights was $300.00. I don't recall seeing a microwave in the room.

Room was very comfortable and staff professional and welcoming. This is my second stay, as I was also here at the beginning of July. The doors to the rooms are on an angle and so when I was trying to navigate my cart with the luggage into the room, my "poor driving skills", caught the attention of a staff member going by. She kindly helped me and I certainly was grateful. My jacuzzi tub jets worked better than during my previous stay, so needless to say, I had a relaxing time. If I am ever back in Gatineau, I would definitely consider this hotel. Close to the casino and I was able to secure a great price through Booking.com. Close to the Super C, if you want to pick up some munchies. There a small refrigerator, no freezer. Loved the free eska water (complimentary), don't recall having this during my last stay. So thanks! The other thing I was grateful for, was thought of evacuation. My fellow colleague, was booked at another hotel in the area and she was on the 12th floor. She was heading back to her hotel, to discover that she couldn't park in the underground and no one could go into the hotel as a sprinkler had gone off. One and 1/2 hr. later she was allowed in. No elevator, so it was 24 flights of stairs. Yes, love this hotel as exit in case of fire or other issues, is much simpler. Three floors, different doors out, just remember your key card.

• Reviewed: 5 August 2016

Comfy beds, great location, disappointed that pool and hot tub were closed for repairs
    • Mezzanine Suite

The pool and hot tub were closed due to repairs. This was quite disappointing. If I had known this prior to my stay, I would have booked elsewhere. I had flown all the way from Calgary to stay at this location after having read reviews on Trip Advisor so I felt quite upset when there was no financial compensation for these amenities being under repair and not available to us.

The beds were quite comfortable. My mother who is a senior enjoyed the jacuzzi tub as well. I had planned this hotel stay as a "get away" for my mother, so the location close to the casino was great!

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

Super-comfy!
    • Business King Room

Poor view just of a highway/road so kept blinds mostly closed.Only issue is we extended check out by 1 hour yet they still called us early saying we needed to leave...

The jet tub! And the bed was so comfortable and the AC was perfect! Also room service was quick and friendly.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

Good value but both of our rooms did not smell good
    • Classic Room with Two Queen Beds and Fireplace

Was not bad. They did not accommodate our adjoining room request. Rooms were big but one smelled like smoke and the other like heavy cologne. But can't really expect much more for what we paid.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

Two sisters taking a girls weekend break!
    • Business King Room

Cannot think of any negative comment to make.

Stayed in the The Business King Suite located on a secure floor. Room was extra large. Very comfortable bed and the Jacuzzi was amazing.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

Won't be doing that again
    • Business King Room

The Jacuzzi tub did not drain properly and leaked on the floor; the air conditioning stopped working halfway through the night and it was impossible to get it back on; the door mysteriously locked on our way out and we couldn't close it properly and had to call facilities. But the worst was the dirty towel that was hanging up that I inadvertently used before noticing the smears on it. Gross.

We liked that the room was very large and had leather recliner chairs and a fireplace, and also that it was walking distance to the casino.

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

Very nice place to stay, close to all museums and Parliament
    • Classic Room with Two Queen Beds and Fireplace

The breakfast was alright BUT buy at front desk to save $2.00 or pay 13.00 at restaurant. Also no one explained that the breakfast which was boiled eggs, fruit, cereal, you made your own toast. They had pancakes that were very hard, but once we told the waitress, the chef came out and said sorry and made more. Sausages were OK and scrambled eggs were alright. Think all was just sitting there too long. That being said we went at 930am so? We also didn't know you could asked for eggs to be cooked a certain way so wish was explained better. Don't want to sound harse but this wasn't a free breakfast, $22.00 is a lot.

The fireplace, was very nice and the spa bath, the rooms are clean and the beds comfortable. The people were very nice. The pool area seemed very nice but didn't go in re time restraints.

Location very close to the Nordik Spa!
    • Classic Room with Two Queen Beds and Fireplace

Parking lot was confusing.

Location very close to the Nordik Spa! Very close to Canadian Tire when I got a flat tire!!!

I would definitely stay here again!
    • Business King Room

Did not have a microwave.

Gym facilities, comfortable bed, nice big room on secure floor. Very quiet and great staff.

been there 15 years ago and still satisfaid
    • Classic Room with Two Queen Beds and Fireplace

very clean near every think bed confortable

Wet clean, friendly staff great price

Wet clean, friendly staff great price

OK

The bed is way TO HIGHT, they sould provide a step ladder!

Friendly staff

Sofa bed mattress not comfortable.
    • Mezzanine Suite

Sofa bed mattress not comfortable.

Bloody towels

Bloody towels

Staff were very helpful and because it was our wedding...
    • Classic King Room with Fireplace

Staff were very helpful and because it was our wedding anniversary, left a little something in our room....how thoughtful!

Room was very clean
    • Classic Room with Two Queen Beds and Fireplace

Wifi was not good and pool was small

Room was very clean

Fabulous

Location was suburb

The pop machines did not work.
    • Classic King Room with Fireplace

The pop machines did not work. All four were broke, but one of the Employees gave us one from his lunch

Lovely stay with amazing location
    • Classic Room with Two Queen Beds and Fireplace

The room door didn't shut properly so make sure it's actually shut!

Gorgeous room and warm pool

Beautiful hotel friendly staff

Breakfast was cold.!

Loved our beautiful room!

Shower is too small

Shower is too small

Overall pleased

It was a bit pricy

Clean room nice fire place lots of space