Reviews of Ramada By Wyndham Niagara Falls near the Falls 3 stars

5706 Ferry St, ON L2G 1S7 Niagara Falls, Canada

#38 of 103 hotels in Niagara Falls

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Would stay again if parking is free
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

I'm actually very upset. No where was it stated there was a parking fee. So we were charged $30 for parking our car? It made no sense. It wasn't a resort hotel and wasn't THAT close to the falls. It made no sense to me and seemed unfair. I had no idea. If I would've known I wouldn't have booked honestly. Also there were 3 channels. I didn't understand the price of the room vs the amenities, distance from the falls and charge for parking.

The room itself was amazing and VERY quiet which i'm huge on.

I have been charged $14 for parking and that was not...

I have been charged $14 for parking and that was not mentioned in the booking and the receptionist didn't mention it on check in, I have been charged in total an extra $30.

Very old room, some items in the room were not working (e.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Very old room, some items in the room were not working (e.g. toilet). Parking was charged extra plus other charges not expected to the bill. More over they did not provide even a bottle of water and if you want it a bottle of water $3.50!!!

3.5
    Poor for Money

My expectation was high for the Price i paid, Booked for 4 adults......Supplies only for 2 peoples, such as Towels, Soaps, etc Noisy AC Unit, unable to sleep

Not going to book again
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Mold in the hot tub, faucet, stains all over the walls, no duvet cover, no coffee cups or creamer, room was very outdated. It felt like we were staying in a cheap motel, not a $250/night hotel. NOT worth the money. Also, requested an upper floor room and was given a lower one

It was a good stay with my family and will go back again.

It would have been nice there is a microwave in the room. Need upgrading of the flooring like the carpet. Complimentary breakfast.

Staff and the location. Transportation close by.

clean and nice, good value for the money

asked for a room as far away from traffic, when booking, was given room with window facing main street did not sleep well at all.

there was no breakfast at this place

Within walking distance to The Falls

Our room was the size of a closet. The king size bed was really a queen. Staff was ok but not as friendly as other places we stayed at on this trip

Within walking distance to The Falls

Great service however poor money management!

No brush or paste given. You have to buy it. There is a $14.99 parking charge which makes me think that should I go back there or not!

Near Niagara Falls

Very nice hotel within walking distance to the falls

My only complaints were they charged parking per night and I swear it said free breakfast when I booked. Instead they gave you coupons to breakfast places since there was no restaurant in the hotel.

It was close walking distance to the falls and many of the other attractions.

nice place to stay and within walking distance of the falls.

Paying 15.00 dollars per night to park in Hotel parking lot, would have liked to have more coffee available, maybe in the reception area. Hallway carpeting could use replacing,

Beds were super comfortable, room and bathroom were very clean.

Everything, very clean and comfortable.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

As soon as we got into our room, the toliet was running. Had you get someone to fix it, was very quick tho fixing it.

Everything, very clean and comfortable.

i was disappointed. i don't think i will stay there ever again :(

1. when i booked there was supposed to be a big tub in the room. there wasn't one. the room was a lot smaller than it appears on the pics on line. we had a corner room, maybe that's why. 2. the mananagers/owners at no point did they do eye contact and greeted us. the desk clerks were fairly nice.

did not eat at the hotel. yes, the bed was comfy.

I booked thru Book.

I booked thru Book..com or searched cheap hotel trying to find good deals I ended up paying more for the location and accommodation. I could have booked directly to the hotel of my choice and better location . Some hidden fees are deceiving . Just be aware.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Got a good deal on the room.

Elevator was broken for a day during our stay and the hallways smelled like cigarettes. There was chewed gum on top of the alarm clock.

Got a good deal on the room. Room was comfortable. Bathroom was clean.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Staff wasn't nice they didn't know what they were ...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Spa Bath

Staff wasn't nice they didn't know what they were doing. The pool is to small and the outdoor pool want open. And there was no breakfast availed like no coffee.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

It was not great but good.

There is actually a daily convenience fee that you guys are not aware of. It is 3.99CAD per day. Also , there is a fee for parking on the property they don't really quote anywhere. As far as the room goes, most of the hotels provide water bottles in the room. One per person mat be. There was nothing here and on top of that they were selling water bottles at very high prices in the lobby. We also had an issue with the toilet flush. It was not working when we checked in and stopped working once more. They were prompt in giving a temporary solution. It stopped working once more but by then I had learnt how to fix it. My fix held good until the end of our stay. I would also like to add that the room could be a bit more modern. The setup in the bathroom is pretty old and also the coffee maker was pretty old.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

My stay was memorable for the wrong reasons.

Very disappointed in the value I received for the cost of my room. Loose tiles were in the bathroom in front of the tub. Internet access was cut off before check out.

Good ! would have been great if attention was given to small details.

The carpets were not clean in the hallway, the floor and lift were wet coz of people walking from the pool to their rooms. I Rooms can have some options of having a coffee maker , Microwave and fridge. Also have some travelers toothpaste and toothbrushes in the bathrooms ( small ones ). This will only enhance the hotel's rating . People will be happy and your business will be good.

The staff in the hotels were good and helpful. The rooms were clean .

Wasn't impressed. I wouldn't come back. Rooms were dirty and broken. I'm sure there are better.

Floors are nasty and smell. Moved rooms and still had dirty floors. Know they are dirty because my 11 month old knees and feet were black after 5 minutes. They didn't care at all. Didn't make it right. And 14 dollars a night parking per vehicle. Only 4 carts for moving your things for the whole hotel so we didn't get one. No COFFEE in the lobby, no microwave.

It's only a mile from Niagara and there is an arcade.

Generally, its a good stay and we will consider coming back.

The staff are not so knowledgable in processing our checking in/payment via Booking.com. The dont have breakfast room and Ihop is very expensive.

Our rooms are both clean especially the washrooms. The photo of Niagara Falls hanging on the wall made the room more pretty. It made the room brighter and made us feel that we really are in Niagara Falls.

Hotel didn’t meet my expectations!

The room carpet was dirty! The outside pool was closed the inside pool the water was not clean ! When entering the hotel you could smell a mildew odor ! In the room the small closet was the same odor ! Not enough storage ! The TV was not working properly all the satellite channels were off !

The beds were nice and clean !

Absolutely horrible
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

This hotel royally screwed up. Dirty rooms, poor maintenance of facility. Overall the place is dingy and the staff could care less.

Nothing. Walked in to this hotel on my wedding night. Standing there in my wedding dress and they tell me the room we booked for our honeymoon is unavailable. The hotel was sold out so they were basically like oh well here is a room with two queen beds. The room had dirty carpet, was badly stained (and a random spot of goo on the carpet) and there was hair in the bathtub. We worked so hard to get away and this is what we came to? Seriously. The night staff did not give a crap. The day manager made a small attempt to fix it and switched our last night to a king room and gave us a bottle of wine. But to be honest that is not enough compensation for ruining our wedding night. Also the pool looked green, I would swim in lake ontario before sticking a toe in that water. I will never ever stay there again. Probably never stay at a Ramada again period. I caution anyone who is thinking of staying there to go somewhere else.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

An ok place to stay!

The location is not the greatest, but of course if it was in a nice location, price will be a lot different.

The price is ok. Decent room, no nice view from our room. What we got is the view of the houses next block and the parking space. Just enough if you want a place to stay overnight. You have to drive 5-10 minutes to the city and the view of the Falls. They offer free parking!

The location to amenities was within walking distance
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

The bed and pillows were too hard .. woke up each day with a sore back and neck.. also additional mandatory charges that were undisclosed

The location to amenities was within walking distance

I paid for two queen beds as I am pregnant and the other two...

I paid for two queen beds as I am pregnant and the other two guest had to sleep with their little 7 year old and those were not queen beds! They were double beds and it was very uncomfortable. Why charge for a queen bed when is a lie?

Other than the two inconveniences our stay was great

I didn't like that they only had 3 pillows to a bed, 4 would have been better. Also, no microwave was provided to heat up left overs or make something else.

The cleanliness of the room was great, staff was friendly, beds were comfortable.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Very dirty, staff is rude, room service very poor, had to...

Very dirty, staff is rude, room service very poor, had to ask for the room to be at least vacuumed, they would make our beds, but would not take out the garbage. The room when we first came in smelled like cigarette smoke, we requested room changed, but would not accommodate us. Saying “this is a smoke free facility” then we found cigarette buds in the trash can! Then the drawers had previous guests belongings, that is to show you how clean the room was. The carpet was VERY, VERY DIRTY!!! We paid almost $700.00 for 4 nights, so the place is not cheap, i don’t mind paying for food service and cleanest but this place locks both.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

I won't ever stay there again. It's basically a run down Super 8 hotel renamed to Ramada

The carpets were dirty and stained! This hotel used to be a Super 8 Hotel and there's hardly anything updated with it changed names. The heater/AC started to smell funky when it tried to heat up the room. All the rooms in the hotel are run down. Outside pool out of order and the inside pool is small and cloudy. They also don't give you enough towels. I would not stay here again!

The only thing clean were the sheets. The room was fairly large. That's about all that's good about it.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Easy to commute to all attractions, as the WEGO bus stop is...

Need to supply Kettle to boil water, Microwave can be an additional comfort. Hotel supplies one time use paper glasses every day. They should provide reusable Glass Glass to drink water or coffee or tea. Disposable paper glasses are not eco friendly.

Easy to commute to all attractions, as the WEGO bus stop is just at the doorstep. Good size room.

Good

The room needs updating and Reno but everything was functional

It met my expectations and was priced very good compared to other hotels. Staff were friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

For one night, it was ok.

The King room was the smallest hotel room I've ever seen. There were no chairs for sitting. When I questioned this to the front desk, the moved us to another room that had a couch, but still not chair for the desk. Parking was tight. On arrival, there was no parking near the front entrance, so we had to park at the rear of the property, only to find that we needed a key card to get in.

The room was quiet.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

We never had a honeymoon when married so this was a honeymoon to remember!

Through some error we had a very small king bed room which was less than we wanted, but they arranged for better 2 double large room with jacuzzi.

It was our 60th anniversary and we were upgraded to a larger room with hot tub. They also had discount coupons for many fine restaurants and we chose The Keg at their suggestion. They made the reservation and we received a window seat with views of the illuminated falls and fireworks, no charge for valet parking (usually $60), and $30 off the meal. So thoughtful. Every desk person was quite cordial and helpful.

Loved the Pool and hot tub.
    • Deluxe Queen Room - Mobility Access/Non-Smoking

Air condition could be better. no room service, seems like thin walls. Bathtub is too small

Loved the Pool and hot tub. friendly staff, fast checkout and check in, love the game room.

This is our 4th time at this facility, however this time...

This is our 4th time at this facility, however this time around our room was not as nce as previous times. The bathroom was not the best, plumbing older and bathtub horrible, very dangerous on a slope, poorly installed.

I would stay here again. I’d rather walk 15 mins then pay $$$$ to stay close to everything.

I know it’s not the hotel but the area in general. Many other patrons were extremely rude

It’s comfortable. About 15-20 min walk from the downtown. The hotel is clean and staff is friendly.

Dirty

Hotel was old, room was dirty, there were hairs on bed. The ac is working sooooo loudly, it is impossible to sleep while it is working. Not recommend.

Close to falls.

the staff was very nice and friendly

the room was so small we could hardly find space to open our small suitcase. there was a reading lamp only on one side of the bed, just because there was no place to put another one. . this was the worst room we have ever had.

the staff was very nice and friendly

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

We will never stay at another Ramada inn again

Room size , rug was dirty, room smelled, no guide for tv, lighting was poor and the guy at the front desk said "I will make sure you have a nice room since it is your Anniversary. If this was a nice room I hate to think what else you have

The bed was comfortable but the room faced an ally wth no view and the bathroom door stuck to the floor , very small and too compact. We will never recommend this hotel it is like being in the poorest part of Niagara

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Booking.

Booking.com stated that this hotel accepted the Discover card. It did not. I had to try and find a way to pay with Canadian money it was a hassle to go from bank to bank

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Location was good.

My bad....will definitely read the fine print at the very end of the booking....extra charge for parking and extra service charge we were not aware of and were not informed of when checking in.

Location was good....a short walk to main strip. Hotel itself was very nice & comfortable

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Very Good location.

Not including breakfast. The Parking is not free. It cost 14$ for a day.

Very Good location. Clean rooms and hotel. Good service at the front desk. Very close to the main attractions. Big room and very comfortable beds. Big hotel. A small pool indoor. A little nice gym. Good parking space. We like the stay in the hotel. Restaurant near by.

I booked the room through booking.

I booked the room through booking.com I got a room which does not worth the value because the same room with Jacuizze thr other guy got for less when I asked the staff to give me give me the same room she asked me to pay more because I booked online.

The stay was ok, not the greatest

The tolite seems pretty old, running all the time after been used, all you really get is two bar of hand soap, no coupons like other hotels, it’s on the other side of the falls, not that near the falls

The rooms are ok size, the staff seems ok, they are trying to make it as comfortable as possible.

It was a great stay overall.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The pool water needs cleaning water was very cloudy. The carpets are outdated ... looks like it has already seen its days....

The location is not bad.... the view from the room (tower B) is great.... overlooking Clifton Hill...

Good hotel 15 minute walk from Niagara falls

Too many additional deductions which are not so clear but are all in the fine print. Expensive parking 14$ plus tax

Clean comfortable and good location.

The rooms were large and clean.

The price was deceiving, we were told $494.00 for two nights. At checkout time the bill was ove $600. We also had no towels, toiletries or cups in our room when we checked in.

The rooms were large and clean. We had a conjoining room with another group of friends. The staff was amazing and the manager Ram was super helpful after and incident that happened while there.

The bed was comfortable
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

this location needs some sort of breakfast or something. Stingy with towels. Also with it being a Niagara hotspot during the summer everything is open to 3am .... the pool should be too

The bed was comfortable

The only thing i like about this hotel is walking distance...

First of all , customer service wise not good. They should train there employee , proper customer service. Room , specialy the bathroom dirty, when we shower , the water build up, water doesnt drain.I will definitely wont come back.

The only thing i like about this hotel is walking distance fron downtown

Never again. I expected far more from a Ramada property.

Our room had clothing from the previous guests still in it and a dirty towel in the bathroom. We booked a room for a family of 5 and had towels for 2. We had to call the front desk multiple times to get more towels and the cot we ordered. We were over charged from the reservation quote and there was a complete screw up at check out. Do not use this property unless it is your last resort.

Large parking lot

Acceptable sleeping arrangements for a pricey night.

Seriously overpriced for what you get.

The room looked nice overall aside from a weird black stain in the whole corner of the room. When we walked in the AC was blasted at 56 so it was nice and cool. The staff was also very friendly.

Rates

When i booked i got a total for 521.00 at the ens of my stay bill was 655. The girl at the front desk was like its a 17% gst so why the dont stay the upfront and include parking also

I was close to walk to the falls

I really didn't liked.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The bedroom was to small, creaked beds, the washroom to small and we can not sleep all night because of the noise of the machines that were beneath us. The swimming pool was to small too.

When we checked in the front desk agent put us on 2 separate...

When we checked in the front desk agent put us on 2 separate floors, and we were 2 families under one booking! Room 620b bathroom floors were not mopped properly!

Good location, great staff, fun times

There were bugs in my room and in my bed.

The front desk staff were very friendly and accommodating. Jerry was really nice and helpful throughout the whole duration of my stay with my friends... And he's super cute.

Stinky over priced

The smell of the rooms and the hotel. The hotel is over priced for what you get, also charged a tourist tax of 3% Booking .com should let us know that or they should take it off for all customers.

We asked for extra chairs and towels and they looked after these requests right away.

No customer service.

No customer service.my kid by mistake clicked a movie twice and the receptionist charged for both.its an obvious mistake. I will never visit this hotel again.

Generally, its a good stay and we will definitely coming back.

The staff are not that well knowledgable on the registration process using their computer system. They have to ask each and every staff who were there to complete the process. And it took us more than 20 minutes waiting for them to finish.

We booked for two rooms. Both were very clean especially the washrooms.

Great experience!

The pool area needs some fans to move the air around, the chlorine smell was very overpowering.

The staff were very nice and helpful. They were very nice and professional.

Our stay is good. Little far from the center but can walk but little far.

Bathtub tiny and showers leaks. Toilet leaks aswell. Window blocking the view due to misty and dirty window. A/C loud. The chlorine in swimming pool was very strong to my nose.

Place is okay. Bed comfy. Helpful people in the register. Big room.

friendly staff- spacious rooms.

they could update the covers which look worn out. they could offer free parking for guests and not charge a facility fee

friendly staff- spacious rooms.

Nothing, only the position.

We booked for 5 people and in the room there were only 4 bed. They asked more money for the 5 bed! In the room there weren’t towels and we asked for 2 time! At the check out they asked us other money for towels , gym, and swimming pool ( we didnt use it) and other tax! Not good!

Nothing, only the position.

Too expensive for what it offers.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Hotel needs to be updated, everything is really old. The pool needs renovation, the gym has 1 treadmill and some weights...very very small.

Big room, but very small washroom. AC is old and loud, so it's either too hot or too cold in the room.

Avoid pool
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The pool was very cloudy, dirty and the hot tub was also very dirty. Our beds and room were good though and staff were good.

Comfortable beds and clean room.

Little value for the money
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Way over-priced for the money. It was a tourist location and the night staff didn't understand the basic attractions. Hotel was "just ok." It was clean but for what we paid, we should have gotten a lot more.

This place is nasty and wasn’t even worth $100/night
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The shower was nasty and super small. The hallway carpet was smelly and needs to be stretched someone is going to trip!!! The pool was nasty and green!!! Room was dated. Everytime you flushed the toilet the sink poured nothing but piping hot water. I would never stay at this crab shack again!

Our room was very spacious, included a sofa, living room...

Hotel & Room was very dated, bathroom was tiny and so was the shower. Carpet was a turn off! We booked this hotel by mistake, we usually stay at the Ramada on Stanley and didn't realize this wasn't the same on when it popped up as it's literally one block away BUT a world of difference between that one and this one. Pool was viewable from main floor and every time we walked by it, the water looked dark and dirty! Lobby had a musty smell when you walked in. Not impressed!

Our room was very spacious, included a sofa, living room area and mini fridge. Bed was super comfy!

The proximity to local attractions and great food.

They should be transparent about the additional charges like the parking in advance. Charges for the stay seem inflated on the bill, and the use of acronyms for details, keeps one from contesting any of the fees on it.

The proximity to local attractions and great food.

People were great and friendly very clean and quite

The pool area went in there and almost fell with all those kids jumping and diving and there was no signs until i complained up front it was a saftey issue

People were great and friendly very clean and quite

The 3 floor mor cleaning in the first floor
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Its nasty and doors kea when we go out in the rooms and back they don't open and we want to cancel 2 days they want charge us for cancellations fee

The 3 floor mor cleaning in the first floor

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Best hotel I ever when too

We didn't really know nothing but we wanted to go see the falls and the lady that great us Golda was wonderful she was asking a bunch of questions and then I saw this ad for the falls she answered all my questions regarding that and I took that VIP tour of the falls! Worth every dollars, she was friendly had a smile, (so important) I hope all of the rest of the staff at the Ramada Niagara falls near the falls are like her!!!! We loved our stay and the second night I asked for an update room with a whirlpool tub and she did her things and made it happen!!!!!

Spacious and clean

The only thing is really that there is no breakfast included but they do give you coupons for nearby restaurants and that there is no microwave in the room. You have to go down to the lobby to heat up leftovers or make popcorn. Also channel selection is slim, but your not in Niagara to watch tv.

The room was very spacious and clean. The game room was great for the rainy night we had. Front desk staff was friendly and helpful. Used uber the first night and it was @$10 and a regular taxi was $5 to Clifton Hill. So use a taxi if you are 2+ people. Overall this hotel is great and I will most likely be back.

4.5
    Bad hotel

I went there for my honeymoon and that was the biggest mistake of my life. Wish I could've went somewhere else,for the money I paid it's not worth it

Bad

Buyer be aware!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

I expected a king bed and a double bed. I had a pull out couch! The "tenants" in the room on both sides of me were inconsiderate . The children ran up and down the hall, the doors banged closed til 1 a,m. The adults spoke loudly outside my door. It was brutal

The check in staff were very pleasant and helpful. I had no bedding for the couch and they were quick to supply.

less facilities is ok; but the hotel should focus on keeping it clean.

Jacuzzi tub is not cleaned, unclean toilet, sticky dirty tiled area by the sink, very congested stand up shower with no lower faucets only shower head , and dirty mouldy dusty windowsill. Parking charge is $14 + tax; but the tax part was not mentioned anywhere until we checked out.

They have couple of parking lots for registration - 15 mins only; which was very useful as most of the lots are at the back of the hotel or on the other side of the road.