Reviews of Sheraton Hamilton Hotel 3 stars

#7 of 14 hotels in Hamilton

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Very nice!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Pet friendly, but no convenient green space to walk your pet. A lot of homeless characters walking around.

Very nice! Toiletries were great! Rooms are very comfortable! The shopping mall was fantastic! Great restaurants!

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

Breakfast was excellent
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Bar manager Chinese guy didn’t want to serve us so made us buy drinks in restaurant we’re everyone kept asking what we wanted to eat, when we explained they said we probably weren’t the right people for his bar!!!!!!

Breakfast was excellent

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

It was a great stay.
    • Club King Room

Club member breakfast buffet should include a meat (sausage or bacon).

Beds were comfortable. Location was great - right downtown, hotel is attached to a mall and is across from First Ontario Centre.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

The rooms are clean and comfortable.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The surrounding neighbourhood. And the price of the hotel isn't really worth the stay.

The rooms are clean and comfortable. The lobby is well decorated so it offers a nice place to sit. I also appreciate that there's a Starbucks right in the lobby.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Eh.
    • Corner Club King Room

Washroom wasn't cleaned properly. No exhaust fan in washroom. In order to turn on lights you have to go to each one to turn it on and off, there wasn't a main switch to do that. The phones weren't cleaned either they felt sticky. For the price I was paying I should've just went to a better hotel.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

If not for the Filipina staff of house keeping in Sheraton Hamilton Hotel, i could have left.

The room doesn’t have a microwave and a refrigerator. It didn’t have complimentary breakfast and the bottled water had a price on it. I’ve been able to book and stay in many other hotels with a lower rating than Sheraton and the items i mentioned missing in the room i slept in at Sheraton were standard in theirs. Thus, I think that i paid too much for my stay at your hotel.

I liked the courteousness of the Filipina house cleaning staff who helped us clean our room during our stay. She was able to address my concerns about cleaning my room.

The room was great!

The hotel and restaurant are perfect. The town itself has its charm, but I wouldn’t walk around at night time. The mall attached is not what I think of when I hear the word mall, but they have a Starbucks which made up for it.

The room was great! Nice and big for me and my kids to each have our own sleeping space. Large bathroom is always a plus! Restaurant food was delicious for any meal and service was great! Secured parking below was nice to have too!

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

The hotel was in a convenient area for the purpose of the...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The original room we received should have been smoke free but when entered the room smelled of smoke. The temperature in the room was fluctuating and there are some cleanliness issues on the headboard.

The hotel was in a convenient area for the purpose of the trip, going to a concert. The staff was nice and helpful in accommodating when our room was not suitable. Staff was also helped when navigating the area.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

The bed was so comfy!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I didn’t like that the guest room didn’t have a mini fridge and microwave. Couldn’t store any of my purchases in the room.

The bed was so comfy! The bathroom was very clean and the hotel lobby is very aesthetically pleasing to the eye. Love the chandeliers.

Great stay, parking can be frustrating

Parking lot was full, had to park far away and walk through underground parking. Minor inconvenience.

Clean room, professional staff, overall great experience.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Everything.
    • King Room - Disability Access

Everything. The room was fantastic, the meals were great, also great value, the location was perfect for the purpose of our visit and the staff were super friendly and very helpful.

The party in the hallway from another room
    • Club King Room

The party in the hallway from another room No fridge in room When I called down for wine glasses I was asked to come and get them to which I said no U can bring them up ..you are room service I have stayed at other sheratons. .and this by far isn't worth the 200 a night .. Would not stay again

Be ready to get scammed. Very dishonest.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Staff said we smoked in the room, while there were no smokers present at all. Took my deposit, complete scam.

Nice hotel, been here before, better than average rooms.

Better than other hotels in hamilton

There was a leakage in my room when I come but, they quickly send someone to check on it and move me to another room.

The location is very strategic because, there is a shopping mall (Jackson Square) connected to the hotel itself. There are restaurants with good food about 7 minutes walk from the restaurant. Also, a bus station very near to the hotel. For a standard room, I feel that it is more spacious than other hotel rooms. Staffs are very friendly, assisting me the moment I get out of the taxi.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Wont be staying at this hotel anymore

When i stayed i rebooked my room the cleaning lady was misinformed that i was staying and cleaned out my room and when this happen i lost money and personal items

Nothing other then one employee that worked the restaurant

I would come back again if staying in Hamilton. Area needs to clean up environment a bit.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Reception could be somewhat friendlier and informative even though we arrived late in the day.

The maid for room 418 was very accommodating and friendly. She made me--the grandmother of the bride- feel great. On short notice, we had 17 people for breakfast and the service and food were very good.

August 3-4,2018
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

To start the room had no fridge, it is a request process but by time we got around to request a fridge, we no longer trust the salmon sandwiches we brought with us. TV Chanel was not good/ limited as per my daughter. On checking out I find the lady at the front desk strange because She asked me if I was ready to check out and I said yes then she told me to take a seat. Now there is only one person in front of me and at no time at all did I tell this lady I needed to sit. So I was unsure why she was telling me to sit and not asking if I wanted to while I wait for service. I was also disappointed that breakfast was not a part of my reservation but for that I blame booking.com in that we had to change hotel last minute.

The hotel was very nice, which is what I expect from Sheraton hotels and front desk staff on checking in very efficient. My daughter loved the pool. Service was prompt when we requested a fridge.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Good value

Street noise carried, we were on the 11th floor and the bar across the street was noisy. Food in restaurant was only fair and the service was slow. Not overpriced though.

Clean, rooms were spacious. Bed comfortable

I wouldn't stay here again.
    • King Room - Disability Access

Lots of homeless people outside the door, street cluttered with cigarette butts and trash. The hotel elevator had a security access feature that used your room key to activate. I saw several people following guests on to the elevator without a key.

The hotel was adequate not great. The restaurant food and food was barely adequate . I did not feel safe in this hotel.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Parking with very low clearance so we couldn't park and the additional one had a FULL sign even though it was not - couldn' t park in front to ask for support since the front was full of cabs - extremely annoying - the room was clean and elegant ; would have liked to have breakfast available

Staff was super friendly, I forgot something in the room...
    • King Room - Disability Access

Only thing I didn’t like was the ice picker to pick up ice in my room wasn’t the cleanest. Everything else perfect

Staff was super friendly, I forgot something in the room after checking out and they let me back in to get it.. location was fantastic.

Would not stay again. Disappointed in “club” experience
    • Club Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I would not order the “club experience” again. It was a waste of money as they gave us a normal queen room and called it club. The concierge at the front explained we would have only received a updated- modern room if we had gone with a king size bed. This was not specified at check in and very deceiving. We were given access to the club lounge, which was nice, however there should have been more Options especially for the price we paid - Don’t believe the pictures. I am very disappointed in what could have been a great birthday weekend and expected so much more from Sheraton.

The location is great and The customer service was very friendly.

Short but nice stay in Hamilton
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

No cons, really - it has to suit your travel plans (location), but if it does it's very good. Note about Hamilton airport: it barely handles the load, allow yourself some extra time to go through security line.

Staff was helpful (ordered me an early morning cab to the airport and helped with questions I had), room was nice and comfortable and all facilities were there. There's also a bar/restaurant at the hotel open till at least 11PM. Pretty close to the bus terminal, too.

Nice location with a great view. accessibility issues with parking.
    • Club Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

That the hotel portion of the underground parking was not high enough for our dodge caravan accessible van(the back was too high). We were traveling with two individuals in wheelchairs and this made loading and unloading difficult as we had to park a distance away from the elevator. Also to get to the concert venue next door there is no way to go from the hotel to the venue without going outside(there are stairs) and it was raining.

The view, the breakfast on the club floor, the beds were very comfy and the room was nice. The location right next to the concert venue was great.

It was nice.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Check in was VERY slow. There were 2 people ahead of us, compared to other hotels we have stayed at there could have been 10 people in line, and the line would have moved faster.

Room was quiet. We had breakfast in the hotel and the food was great ! The waitress was exceptional !

Convenient

Nice hotel. Great location

We stayed in 1118 and except for the smell of the room it was nice. Your staff offered to change room but it was late when we arrived so an ionizer helped. The carpets in this room need to be cleaned. It smelled like someone was sick in the room unfortunately

Perfectly adequate hotel for a short business stayover.

They had no record of my reservation upon arrival. It was a good thing I had my print-out from Booking.com to prove both the booking and the price.

The hotel lounge was good for a late meal, and the room was clean and comfortable.

I would recommend this hotel...

The room I was given smelled of smoke. The pillows were terrible and they were all the same.

The staff were friendly and went out of their way to make sure I was happy. The first room we were given smelled of smoke but they changed us immediately and the maintenance guy Marvin? Went out of his way to help us change rooms.

Top pillows were dusty and had a couple black spots...
    • Club King Room

Top pillows were dusty and had a couple black spots (cigarette ash?), like they hadn't been changed in a while. The AC didn't work, which reception explained was from problems they a few days earlier, but the real problem was that there was no ventilation in the room or bath. On first entering, room was smelly and stale, and didn't improve after adjusting the temp.

The hotel was fine from the inside. The location, and the parking are not so nice.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Parking- Under ground parking is poorly signed as to where to park. There is a dead end under a  «park » sign, though there is a « no parking » sign painted on the ground. There are very limited spots designated for the hotel, so there is uncertainty about whether the other spots are available. Did I pay for hotel parking when I was actually in a non hotel spot? If I went to see a movie, it could have been free. (?) There are tight spots for access to/from payment booth at exit/entrance.

Comfortable beds and a spacious quiet room. The fitness room is clean and well appointed.

It was a clean hotel. Nice atmosphere. Close enough to air port as flying out next day.
    • King Room - Disability Access

Wait time to check in. Prioritized a group coming in after waiting for 15 mins to check in. Group checked in before we did and we were there first.

Food in the lounge. Service in the lounge.

The reason we picked this hotel was for the extras such as...
    • King Room - Disability Access

The reason we picked this hotel was for the extras such as the pool however the pool was closed for the duration of our stay as part of a scheduled maintenance even though we were not informed of this.

Price is not justified. Stay somewhere else
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

This hotel was attached to a busy mall. The lobby was busy and could be accessed by anyone from the shopping mall and used as an exit to the street which made it very busy. The pool was ok. The spa was “sketchy” and more like a warm bath. Breakfast was not included. It was available but quite pricey.

There was a Starbucks in the lobby. The beds were extremely comfortable and the room appeared to be pretty clean.

Pillows were HORRIBLE!!!! If you have a pick up truck DO NOT park here, scratched the hood up. HORRI

Pillows were HORRIBLE!!!! If you have a pick up truck DO NOT park here, we were told we would clear the garage, once we were through the doors the height clearance dropped and scratch the hood of the truck. DISGUSTED and LIED to!!! This is a VERY EXPENSIVE fix. Will NOT recommend to others.

Room was clean

I found the staff to be be very arrogant.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I didn't like that I was forced to pay a $200 deposit for the room. I have stayed in many hotels and have never had to pay for a deposit. I am never staying at this hotel again

Great time! We will be back!

We left and forgot to ask about any breakfast. I would have liked them to remind us about what was available.

Super close to everything! Great location

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

I will try to book the Holiday Inn first next time.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

No Free breakfast. For the price we paid, this should have been included. There is a Holiday Inn that is close to this Sheraton and they did provide free breakfast for the same room price. We tried to get a room there first, but they were booked. The free breakfast was the reason they were our first choice. It was impossible to turn off the bedside light without getting up and the alarm clock was not set to the correct time. These are little things, but again, at the prices that are charged for this hotel, it is the little things that matter.

Beds were very comfortable. The security was good.

Will likely stay at the Hilton on my next visit to Hamilton

Very noisy in the room. Air conditioner constantly turning on and off. Shutting the AC off and the room got stuffy. Also other sound in the building does not allow for a good night sleep.

only ate dinner and it was adequate.

Great comfort stay spot in the heart of city
    • Club Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Called prior to ask about room details. Female staff was abrupt and rude handling my questions. Also paid more for 'club' access but I had to change my card twice and did not get in. Missed out on free drinks and continental breakfast.

Bed like a cloud. Clean rooms .Front reception very helpful and courteous. Thank you.

Overall a really good place to stay.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The drain for the shower was clogged/not working properly. When you took a shower water would pool in the bottom of the tub and drain slowly.

The room was beautiful and clean. Beds were super comfy. Parking was pretty easy. Location is good.

The steak was cooked rare, the veggies were not over cooked...

Everything was good.

The steak was cooked rare, the veggies were not over cooked and we went to see a concert right across the street perfect great evening.

Awesome!
    • Club King Room

The club floor amenities were worth the money. The view from the club lounge was beautiful! The Staff was so accommodating! Cindy at reception and Willie and Jemar were so helpful!

Overall it was pretty good.

There was no microwave or mini fridge. Which for the price you think there would be, considering the smaller way cheaper hotels/motels all have them.

Very clean and modern, friendly helpful staff.

The woman who checked us in went over and above to help.

The woman who checked us in went over and above to help. There was an issue with the Booking .com reservation. We had added a 3rd room at a later date and the hotel had not received the amended/increased booking, It took some time but she figured out the problem and then made sure the reservation was not hidden or under a number name to make sure we were not double charged. She was a big help and even called a colleague over to verify,even though she was very competent. I wish I could remember her name,

Service during breakfast Saturday morning, took 10 minutes...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Service during breakfast Saturday morning, took 10 minutes for waitress to see us and she didn't check on us after we got our food (20 minutes after we ordered). Hostess was wonderful, food was ok!

Location for our reason being in Hamilton was great and also...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Smell of the rooms and not being cleaned properly room in the morning and leaving what was suppose to leave in the washrooms

Location for our reason being in Hamilton was great and also access to the stores

Would recommend!

Would have preferred having a fridge in the room and instructions on how to access parking.

Excellent location adjacent to mall and in downtown Hamilton. Very helpful staff.

The concierge was awesome at helping us with our travel...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Some lights in our room weren't working and the television remote didn't work either.

The concierge was awesome at helping us with our travel plans, by offering suggestions about how to get to our next activity. We also enjoyed the hotel restaurants. Not only was it convenient and affordable, but also fairly good food.

The bed was super comfortable and the staff were polite and...

No 24hr room service No mini bar in the room Bad coffee/machine No shower cap

The bed was super comfortable and the staff were polite and friendly

Poor execution.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room was not ready when we arrived at 3:30PM, despite 3:00PM check-in. We had to get ready, so we had to cram 6 people into 1 room to get ready. We then had to check-in when we got back at 1AM, which was not ideal. Also, I am surprised and disappointed we had to pay $15/car to park. Maybe I missed that, but that was another $45 on our bill.

Overall it was great.
    • Club Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

There was a cap on the Wi-Fi. You have to pay for parking.There were no fridges.Room could have used a deep clean.

Overall it was great.Staff were very friendly.Beds were super comfy!

Good for business visits to Hamilton.

I had a smooth and easy check-in. I had to leave early and the staff were friendly and very helpful. I checked out early in the morning and they took care of my luggage and helped me arrange my transport and gave me advice on where to go with public transport.

Nice hotel, but shuttle NOT included.

Booked this property because it came up on booking.com as having a shuttle, which it did not and ended up costing $90 in taxis to and from the airport. This info should be reflected on the website.

A pleasant well situated hotel in downtown Hamilton. Nice lounge with good food and friendly staff. Comfortable bed

Higher-Up staff need to be replaced by the new young cheerful staff.......

Most of the front desk staff were very unfriendly, no smiles when I arrived. Was dressed in a casual manner and profiled as undesirable because I am an Inuit woman. Was asked if I was smoking an illegal substance and forced to identify myself to security when I had a smoke in the secured 3rd floor terrace - it can ONLY be accessed by guests with a key. Most mornings I was greeted by sour faces in the lobby. They should be informed that an Inuk who can afford their exorbitant rates may just be an extremely successful and well-travelled artist.

Bed was nice....and I really liked the maid, very friendly. I also liked Brittney at the front, helpful and kind. Very important when you are alone in a strange city.

Good hotel, clean room and awesome little supermarket downstairs.

Canada seems to be Asian and Indian now... Just wanted to see old school Canada, hey ho.. Will travel deeper into the country next time, bit to cosmopolitan for us. Guess all Capitals are that way now! spent too long living in isolated villages! lol

Clean room if a tiny bit tired... Enjoyed our Stay, didn't think much of Hamilton though.

It was very relaxing.

The view. We were facing Copps Colliseum and the top Jackson Square.

The king size bed was amazingly comfortable. My husband and I got one of the best sleeps ever.

very nice hotel with friendly staff.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The noise in hotel seemed to carry. Could hear everything in the room when trying to sleep. There was no fridge in the room. Didn't like the under ground parking.

very nice hotel with friendly staff.

Lovely hotel, great staff.

The air con unit was quite noisy.

The staff were superb, especially our server in the restaurant on the second floor. The food in the restaurant was very tasty. The room was spacious, the bed large and comfy and the bathroom was clean with a great shower/bath.

The charming Sheraton Hamilton

The vagrants that gather outside the hotel neighbourhood can keep you on your toes. More a city planning problem than hotel issue.

Great facility and amenities, corner king rooms are a smart setup, view facing the lake side was a pleasant surprise

A perfect get away.

Hard to find anything negative.

The room was spotless. The bed was so comfy. The breakfast and evening appetizers made our stay even more special. Most of all the staff were so polite and helpful. The best hotel stay ever! Will be back.

Just what we needed.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I have never had any problems with these hotels and have stayed in the Hamilton one and Toronto before.

We did not eat at that hotel we were meeting friends.

Just ok.

My room wasn't ready when I arrived at 6am. I had to wait until the evening and I will be charged for the room I paid for that I didn't get. My flight was arriving a lot later and I notified them and yet still no room until the evening. I feel like I should not have to pay for the night of the 8th of September

I liked the location and the gentleman I checked out with was very helpful.

bed was comfortable, liked the pool and jacuzi.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

the front staff wouldn't accept the price I was given by booking.com, I showed her the email confirmation I got from Booking.com and she said that is not an official document. later after talking with the manager they accepted the price from booking.com and they told me everything is fixed, when I did get the receipt it was not fixed and I have to call back to the hotel long distance to ask them to fix the rate. Unfortunately it was a very bad experience and I am not sure if the problem was from booking.com or the hotel.

bed was comfortable, liked the pool and jacuzi.

Expensive but nice.

Pricey hotel. Parking for over sized truck is not a good option. Wifi in room only for extra charge.

It was a nice hotel but pricey. Beds were comfortable.

Very nice place, I would recommend it, and will definitely stay there again if we come that way agai

Extremely nice rooms. Very comfortable here, extremely clean, well-kept. Staff was excellent,

Another great stay at the Sheraton Hamilton
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Having to leave. Other than that, nothing.

My traveling companion who has traveled extensively raved about the shower and overall cleanliness. I have stayed there multiple times and am always pleased by the kind and pleasant staff. The breakfast for both of us was fabulous, and the waiter could not have been more gratuitous or accommodating.

Short and buggy
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The fact that the bed had bugs and I now have huge welts were I got bit during my sleep

I liked the tap key card acces cause sometimes the megnetic strip ones suck and don't open the door

Nice accommodations, good service and the ideal location if you need to be in downtown Hamilton
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Housekeeping needs to provide new shampoo automatically when original container is open and/or nearly gone. It does no good to call housekeeping when you discover you don't have any shampoo when you're in the shower.

Food and service at restaurant was very good. Beds very comfortable

bed bugs and appalling customer service
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

My experience at the Sheraton Hamilton was basically a disaster. I flew to Hamilton last minute to visit a sick family member who was in hospital there. I arrived at the hotel around 230 in the morning from the Toronto airport. When I arrived, I was told that they had overbooked and had no space for me. They would try and find a room for me at a different hotel. What kind of hotel tries to send away a customer in the middle of the night when they have a room booked!! When I pushed back (I had already paid for the room online), they told me they did actually have a room available but it wasn't clean. They sent one of the staff to clean the room and told me they would give me an upgrade for the inconvenience. This took 30-45 minutes, and when I asked what the upgrade was exactly, they told me they would give me a complimentary continental breakfast. What a joke. I discovered during the week that the hotel rents some of the rooms to low income residents in the community, which I thought for a Sheraton was quite surprising. When I learned this (the day after I arrived) I thought to check the mattress for bed bugs. The boxspring cover was covered in blood and beg bug droppings along the seams- so disgusting!!! I called the manager and told them about the situation, he offered to move me to a nicer suite with a kitchenette etc. Not sure why they didn't give me this room in the first place when I arrived in the middle of the night as it had obviously been unoccupied. In addition to this, I had to call the housekeepers to come clean my room when no one had been there by 4pm, and they left dirty glasses and garbage on the counter and didn't wipe anything down. When I called to ask for a knife to cut fruit I was told they were too busy. Overall, my worst hotel experience to date.

Short of being a booked spa retreat. This was perfect with Everything within walking distance.

If there was a fridge in the room... I would have been in heaven. But the ice service made up for it.

The elevator was so quick. I was on the 15th floor with a wonderful view. The mall is right out the lobby. The waterfront was only a medium walk. The bed was PERFECT. This was everything I was looking for.

Very comfortable beds, nice family room, tasty complimentary...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Although the room was for a family, there was only one small shampoo for the 4 of us. We found hair accessories from previous families so the place was not cleaned very well

Very comfortable beds, nice family room, tasty complimentary coffee and we had the opportunity to use computers and printers provided by the hotel. There was also the possibility to change your phone with USB. That was very good because we are from Europe and we didn't have many Canadian plugs.

Great views of the port and city! Lots of parking. Friendly staff.

Very crowded. Elevators were constantly full. Cannot open windows for fresh air so had to use noisy and cold AC.

Central location. Shopping centre nearby.

Terrible - I will never come back
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

There were 3 false fire alarms at 11pm, 3pm and 7am. The staff were not helpful - there was no leadership. Everyone was outside on the street not once, not twice but three times in the night. Completely unacceptable. We were tired and unprepared for our meetings the next day. We were only given a 50% discount off our room after we complained.

Good hotel with sub-par breakfast.
    • Club King Room

I didn't think the "not so free" breakfast was as good as it could/should be. It was served in the Club Lounge, so only the elite Club rooms were provided this service so the fare should be more representative of the elite nature of the service provided.

We stayed in a Club Room on the top floor. The view looking out onto Lake Ontario was exceptional!

Some weird shell blanket was left on our bed so we threw it...

Some weird shell blanket was left on our bed so we threw it in the floor, the room we booked a few months ago was nicer and this time we paid more. Overall it was good! Thanks!