Reviews of Seasons Inn Halifax 3 stars

4 Melrose Avenue, B3N 2E2 Halifax, Canada

#32 of 38 hotels in Halifax

Not enough towels .
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Not enough towels . Had to take out our trash out . There for two nights room wasn’t clean in between days . Didn’t offer Military / Government rates which is on heard of in Halifax.Not enough parking had to park on the street .Breakfast was terrible white bread and watered down coffee . Couldn’t sleep room was to warm , turn the AC on which made things worst with the noise . One bar of soap for two people for two night just doesn’t work . And I can go on and on ..

Good value.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was poor. Plenty of cookies, a few muffins, toast, tired bananas, and cereal. More cookies on the little table than anything else. Very tiny eating area.

Nice little place. Good value for the price.

Ok but with the renovations you need to address the bathroom issues to make it user friendly
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I was not able to come and go freely as I felt there was not enough parking on the property . I was concerned that if I did not get to the hotel early I would have to park down the street.

The bath room was not equipped properly . Toilet paper ( no holder ) roll sat on tank behind you . No room in the bath room to place make up bag , no counter top space . Need to finish off bathroom to be more user friendly. No hooks in bath room to hang wet towel . No clock in room to set alarm, no elect plug that was free to plug electronic equipment and sleep machine . Need to provide more sheeting in the breakfast area need a better supply at continental breakfast

location, places need to go are near to hotel
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast could have been better with eggs (at least boiled), A/C was really noisy, bathroom could be cleaner, somehow smell of urine is present

location, places need to go are near to hotel

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

Not worth the price
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

- Plastic cutlery / styrofoam plates - 15 mins from downtown - Moldy smell in room - Nowhere to place toiletries - Staff speaks little english

- Comfy bed - Newly renovated - Close to highway

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

Rate too high for service
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

They say breakfast is included - it is, but it's toast, jam, coffee and a tiny muffin. There is no real selection and when it says "Breakfast Included" usually one expects a decent full breakfast. The nook set out for the guests to eat seats about 6 people. The first morning my wife and I ate our toast in the car as there was no space at all to sit. 'Breakfast' is also served on styrofoam plates with plastic cutlery - hardly a 3 star service. The rate is overpriced as is, and then you still have to go out and spend more money on a decent breakfast - this would be bearable if the rate were cheaper. The location was not the greatest for the price and we had to drive in to the city every day as it is situated about 8km out of the Downtown area. I'd rather pay extra and stay in the city on my next stay.

The bed in the room was great and the room was kept very clean by the staff. This was much appreciated. The staff were very polite - I even saw them helping an old lady carry her goods to her room which was great to see.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Lovely stay. Home away from home.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There was no iron in the room but it was not essential. The room for breakfast seemed a bit crowded.

The staff were friendly and accommodating. They allowed me to check in in the early hours in the morning. The room was clean and comfortable especially the bed. The cable tv and air conditioning were great. I stayed two days.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Well refurbished older property - rooms have up to date linens, flooring, great showers
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Property is located beside a highway which I chose to expedite early morning travel. We were the end unit closest to highway. Once the air conditioner was on (needed for the hot weather!) there was no highway noise; minimal noise without the air. Host very helpful for restaurant recommendations and directions.

Very overpriced, horrible location.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Very bad part of town, looked like hooker hangout out front at night, way too overpriced, very dated, not super clean, breakfast is coffee and a toaster, most things didnt work. Found other peoples hair in bed in morning. Not cleaned.

Bed was small but comfy

They try hard, and it wasn't bad, but I would stay somewhere else in future, closer to downtown.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Not close to anything. No snacks available. Paid in advance through PayPal, but still had to provide credit card for $200 damage deposit at check-in. They don't take Amex. Double beds, not queen. Ground level room, could not lock window with window A/C exhaust in the way. No chain lock or deadbolt on door.

Desk person was responsive, helpful.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

It was okay
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No area to place luggage Poor lighting No desk/table No info on local dining or maps of the local area No info on available TV channel Weak WiFi

Comfy bed , ground floor, helpful staff, quiet

Stay away
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Horrible location. Breakfast was a cake mix passed off as muffins and toast. Our fridge leaked all over the floor. The towels were stained yellow. No one working the desk after 11pm. I would not reccomend this hotel to anyone. You are better off to spend the extra money and stay in an actual hotel with integrity and class.

Would happily stay here again.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Can’t think of anything I wasn’t happy with.

Didn’t have time for breakfast so can’t comment. Staff were friendly and helpful. Close to shops, laundrymat and $15 cab ride to the Convention centre.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

we were happy to find room at the last minute, he was very...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The only problem that we have was the internet, sometimes we didn't have any signal.

we were happy to find room at the last minute, he was very helpful, we love the room, the location was ok, it was our first time visiting Nova Scotia, we like it!!!!!

Clean rooms.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The continental breakfast was something of a joke. It was in the lobby by reception and there was about 6 chairs a couple of tables so nowhere to sit. The parking lot was full every night and even on the street so place was full. The continental breakfast consisted of 2 kinds of cereal, a few little cupcakes, some bread, a juice, coffee urn, tea in a jug, peanut butter and cranberry jam for toast. At one point the room was standing room only, kids running around (guests) nowhere to sit and it was impossible to take your food up to room because you didn't have enough hands to carry. No coffee machine in rooms.

Clean rooms. Comfortable beds, close to most attractions by car.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Not really sure that I want to.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Air conditioning was awful. Very slow Internet and the WiFi kept dropping. Bathroom was very tight. Bed was uncomfortable for the price. Speaking of price was too much for 130. Should have been 99 tops. Location wasn't that great either.

Nothing positive to say.

Only stayed here as we came at short notice, sadly we most likely wouldn’t return.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There was no kettle to make tea or coffee, the air conditioning system was far too noisy and couldn’t be on at night so we got too hot. The bathroom could have done with a shelf to place toiletries. In our two week stay our bed was not changed at all and the rooms were not cleaned. Towels were changed and that was about all. We resorted to buying a cleaning spray ourselves, bins were only emptied when they were full. Generally, housekeeping was very poor. Breakfast consisted of bread and spreads and on a couple of occasions they had run out. It’s such a shame because a few tweaks and my review would have been different.

The bed was very comfortable and our room was a generous size. Newly refurbished bathroom and a fridge and microwave.

This hotel is adequate for a brief stay in Halifax, close to main roads and stores. It is clean.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The air conditioning unit was right next to a bed, and very noisy. The bathroom was quite small, but adequate. The breakfast area was too small for the number of guests. Some people ate standing up.

Our beds were extremely comfortable. The shower was also very good. We liked the location; very close to highway exit, Shopper's Drugmart and Atlantic Superstore.

I liked the room that we stayed in.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There is no additional mirror i the bedroom just to use for doing my make-up mirror only in the washroom. :(

I liked the room that we stayed in. The attendant i believe his name is Frank is very helpful and courteous. The facility is clean, room is clean and complex is safe these are very important. Our stay had been wonderful and surely i am coming back. Thank you. Carolyn and Bill.

Surprised, very well rested, and very pleased.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The parking lot is quite small and I'm glad we got there during the week as the lot filled up very quickly as the weekend approached. I understand they are under construction at present and if they fill every room parking is going to be an issue. Surveillance was present through cameras and they were very apologetic that someone did a small scrape on my rental car. I understand that they do not have control over this matter. Flyers of local attractions would be recommended but again I know that they are working very strongly in accommodating their patrons.

I must admit when I first pulled up I was a bit skeptical but after meeting with the manager who accompanied me to the room I was totally at ease. We requested hot water in the morning for our tea and since it was Continental breakfast his staff was very quick to accommodate our request. Everything was fresh and refilled in a very timely manner. I advised them that I would send them an email outlining my adventure with my daughter so they can recommend day trips/outings.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Better to stay in cool weather
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The air conditioner unit was a window unit that was super loud and didn't seem to be functioning properly. It couldn't keep the room cool at all. The room was stuffy and hot. In 30 degree weather with a baby it was upsetting.

Staff was pleasant and friendly to interact with. Location wasn't awesome as we were right next to a highway,creating a fair bit of traffic noise but we also were only a few kms from the Halifax harbourfront so not a terrible location.

Great. The bed is very comfortable. Renovations are still being worked on, but our stay was quiet
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Need to get a quieter air conditioner. A small shelf in bathroom to hold toiletries & a hook on back of bathroom door These are just minor details

Improved a lot since our last stay. We have stayed at Seasons 3 times. The staff now are more pleasant & obliging than the ones on front desk at our last visit. Very obliging & helpful. Tom went above & beyond.

The hotel is an older building but our room was obviously...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was toast/muffin/cereal which isn't very satisfying.

The hotel is an older building but our room was obviously recently renovated, including the bathroom, all flooring and a new bed. It was very comfortable.

Average place, nice staff and you will need a car.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was not good, we would prefer have a coffee maker in the room instead. The room was not super clean, it was ok.

We chose the hotel more for the price which was one of the most cheaper in Halifax that week. The rooms are spacious and the bed comfortable. There is also a small refrigerator and microwave but we believe we should have a coffee maker too and they shouldn't serve breakfast because the breakfast served next to the front desk is not good. The room was organised but not so clean. There is free parking, which helps, but for sure you need a car to get around the city. But we admit we knew about the distance, however we understood that for a little more money we could have stayed downtown and avoid spending money on parking, gas and taxis the days we decided to visit a Pub in the city and have beer. The front desk employees were very helpful and one of them very attentive. He helped us with the city map and gave us tips on what to do. We believe that in the end it was what we had expected, no surprises.

Very confortable
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Was in construction but still in the room there was dust ... and te cup cake for breakfast was not cookn enought

Very confortable

Economical stay - clean rooms and good wifi.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Everything was fine and as expected.

Good value for the money. Hotel is currently undergoing renovations - was in a newly renovated room and very comfortable and clean. Wifi worked very well. Night manager went out of his way to make sure that I could check in after 11pm which was very appreciated.

Staff was pleasant and place was comfortable.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Tricky to get to, misleading from outside, but all new inside. Really weird wiring, extension cords etc. and things were unfinished. They had been renovating, but not a very good job!

Clean and comfortable.

Clean and comfortable bed.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Don’t understand why I was billed twice and have to wait for refund. Taken $200 on booking and then had to pay quoted price at the property??

Clean and comfortable bed. Very helpful staff. Close to local shops. Able to buy frozen meal and heat in microwave in the room when we arrived late.

I don't recommend this place to families with kids or for long stays , I will not be returning
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Strong smell of paint , no coffee maker , bathroom tap had almost no water pressure , which made it hard to wash hands , brush teeth or fill up water bottles. Location was far from the city center , and was hidden behind houses next to a highway on ramp . Our room only had a key lock ( to a wabbly door handle ) and no secondary security locks ( deadbolt or chain lock .. ) The toilet made a loud leaking sound all night and didn't flush properly. The continental breakfast was limited and they ran out of coffee .

Friendly staff , comfy bed

STOP DON'T GO HERE!!! RATED ZERO IF I COULD
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

DID NOT LIKE ANYTHING!!!! The place is under renovation - this is not noted on this site. Construction everywhere! Photo is of staged room! No maid service. Only half roll of TP good thing we brought our own. Chairs and furniture were old and dirty. Fridge didn't work, tv didn't work on 2nd night there's no concierge to contact after 9 PM 'BREAKFAST' consisted of tiny grocery store muffin, no name raisin bran and watered down coffee which was located right beside the desk under the very watchful eye of the desk clerk! ...don't take seconds!!! and don't take it to go!! I booked this room for 2 nights on line - tried to cancel but they had my cc information and wouldn't refund. Woke up 2nd day with bites - spent the next day doing remediation on everything !!! Should have taken the loss!!!

NOT A DAMN THING!

Left Me Wondering
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Note to ‘Maintenance’: the non-existent bathroom tissue holder ought to be installed on the 5” wall space directly behind the bathroom door. It was cumbersome finding and reaching the roll. The average household, wobbly, ‘doorknob lock’ did not feel very secure. At breakfast, I had to secure utensils and condiments myself, as the displayed supply was meagre. Coffee was good. I might stay here again but I would not recommend it to anyone I know.

This room was very good value. It was easy to book, location central. Some main floor renovations were being carried out, although this had no effect on our stay. On check-in Reception gave us our room number on the third floor then changed it, correcting himself twice. As is my routine, I checked out the room immediately before resolving to stay. The bed, though made up, had obviously been slept in. Three body hairs were found on the sheets. Everything else was fine, except there was dried soap residue in the tub. Of course we were not staying here. The Receptionist promptly agreed to upgrade the room to a two bed accommodation on the second floor, gave us the key, then called us back to the desk, making another correction. We finally had our key. This room was clean. Perfect! Beds and pillows were ‘very’ comfortable.

I am sure when the renovation will be over it will be much nice for the next travelers. I was glad
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No reception at all we had to call a number for the reception and it was in a room with a bed a lot of clutter. I decided to stay extra days and all the sudden because it was just after the 15 of May the price was increasing of $35. per night. The place was almost empty due to the renovation. When we went to the same room, no plastic glass have been replace and almost empty toilet paper roll. My husband had to ask for some.

The fourth floor have been renovated and the room was fine. I had a real receipt when I left.

Good for the price
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No toilet paper holder no hangars no blow dryer

The place was being renovated so was a bit messy in lobby but for the price it was a decent place. Will be good once renos are finished.

It was very disapointing ; not what I expacted
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

staff did not consider that I may not have a cell phone (was told Tony tried to reach us) did not allow a reduced price for the condition the hotel was in being reconstructed the place was dirty with drywall dust had no coffee available in the room nor in the lobby

Roof over my head

The room was very outdated as well as the bed was uncomfortable the door to the room was not sealing and the lock system did not instilled confidence of safety. The internet kept freezing up and thus could not skype with my family very well.

Roof over my head

Will not stay again
    • Triple Room - Non-Smoking

Beds very uncomfortable, full of lumps. Heater in room was a plug in mini heater. From 7:40am there were workmen up above us with loud saws, grinders, drills etc. doing renovations. The noise was awful. I don't normally put in a poor review like this but this hotel deserves one. Our room was made up partially the first day and not at all the second. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone.

TV was good

The bed was surprisingly comfy.

The bed was surprisingly comfy. We knew we weren't going to a great motel. It's also under construction, so I'm assuming it will be better once that's done.

Although undergoing renovations stay was not bad but door and window was drafty.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Pillows were not the best although I have stayed in other rooms before where the pillows were great.

Bed was comfortable and was nice having fridge and microwave in room.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

room was very poorly maintained. open hatch in ceiling in bathroom, window easy to open from outside.wobbly chairs, black mold around bathtub

free wifi

It was clean looks Like they were getting rieady to do...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Dated, smelled a little old musty. Need to change the direction of front desk not inviting

It was clean looks Like they were getting rieady to do upgrades, get rid of rugs which is a good thing. Free parking and wifi. Exterior looked good.

Not good ppl were to rude to their guest.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I just want my money back they took like 308 out my account..

Nothing they were harassing my guests...and we left because of them complaining to much and didn't recive my money back and my damage dispost..being wait for the past 2 days now..

Next time, I'd look elsewhere and pay a few dollars more.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The lobby and lift smelt of stale smoke as did our room. Supposed to be a non smoking hotel but obviously isn't. Breakfast is hardly worth the effort.

Staff moved us to a more acceptable room after complaint. Spacious room upgrade.

Very Enjoyable. Already booked my next stay.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The kitchen area was a little dated but it fulfilled my needs.

Friendly staff and all of my comforts were taken care of. I was able to enjoy my stay comfortably.

Was not happy and wanted to get out of it immediately.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Staff is not great. First time visitors do not really find it secured as you would not find anyone for anything after 9pm.

You wont get a better blanket. Its just less than worth for the money though you pay very less. Do not expect much help from staff. It smells a lot and you would want to get out of the place asap.

Basic, adequate, clean motel close to Jos. Howe Pkwy
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Included breakfast was very minimal, only white bread toast and coffee. a small item: light switches and covers in room could use a thorough cleaning or replacement.

desk clerk was helpful; room was basic and clean; all appliances, plumbing, etc. worked.

Cleaner than expected and comfortable, but don't go for the decor.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Next time I'll bring a coffee maker. Furniture is old and mismatched -- obviously picked up on the cheap when other hotels close/remodel. Except for the bed, which was great! A bit out of the way but close enough to a bus stop to still be convenient. Some weed smokers either in the hotel or right outside made Saturday night smelly, but at least they were quiet.

Bed was the best feature of the room. Very comfy. Also has a stove top, mini fridge, and microwave so long stays would be convenient. Really clean, and no funny old hotel smells. Satelite tv so lots to watch. Very quiet clientele.

Nice clean rooms and veey friendly and welcoming staff.
    • Triple Room - Non-Smoking

There wasn't quite enough jam and things in the morning for everyone, but this probably isn't the norm. The staff was apologetic.

The property outside and in was very well maintained and cared for. Our room fwlt fresh and the bathroom and ahowet was so nice. We are having renos done to our bathroom apartment and just wanted somewhere to clean up and relax. This was perfect!

Suited the purpose of our stay.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Bathroom was not clean enough for me. Kitchen same...not clean enough. Highway noise kept me from sleeping well.

Quick access to Highway for coming in and out of the city. Lovely long walking trail just minutes away. Cheap price.

Under impressed. Old dated rooms. Spent the same amount of money at places that are wayyyy better
    • Triple Room - Non-Smoking

Old,dated rooms. Bed was OK, but it was on wheels so it slid all over the floor all night. Found hair in the sink and the toilet. Rolls of toilet paper were half gone when we walked in, the ends were just refolded. Check out time was 11am. We had a call from front desk at 11:01 telling us to leave. Didn't seem like they cared for our buisnwaa at all. Definatley will not be going back.

Not much I liked

Served the purpose for our 3 day stay.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Needs some attention. Chair in room needs cleaning. Not many kitchen items for 2 people e.g. cutlery & dishes. We stayed at this hotel in June/17, the staff were friendly and interested if everything was OK. New staff not as friendly.

Location. Bed was comfortable.

My stay was excellent. I would definitely recommend this
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Honestly, my one complaint is the shampoo. I had to use the entire bottle in one wash and it still didn't lather. It felt like I was washing my hair with liquid hand soap. Which resulted in me actually going out and getting my own.

My flight was delayed. It was no issue, he stayed available to open the door after midnight for us. I also had issues opening my door the following morning, he was immediately able to assist me. Very helpful staff!

An adequate cheap place for an overnight stay but was not inviting for a longer stay
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Though it is a non-smoking motel it smelled like stale perfume mixed with cigarette smoke as I walked into the room. The room was mostly clean (dust bunny behind door) but the ambience made you expect dirt. The complimentary breakfast is toast and coffee but when I went down at 10am (check-out at 11am) there was only a drop in the carafe and no milk.

Lowest price for an overnight stay. The bedding was crisp and clean and bed offered a very sound sleep. The room has adequate space and an out-dated looking but fully functional kitchenette

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

It was convenient for us - though a little difficult to locate
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

slightly shabby carpets in the rooms (we had two nights in two different rooms)

Staff were helpful and the coffee/toast provision in the morning useful

I would stay again as it was one of the very places that was affordable and due to the proximity t,
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Older building. Hints of unpleasant odours in room. Bed was comfortable but mattress was high in the middle and slopes down towards the edge. Coffee was available in the morning but not until 7:30 am and one morning it wasn’t ready until closer to 8 am.

Affordable. Close to airport and reasonably close to downtown. Coffee and toast available in morning. Fridge and microwave in the room. I would stay again as it one of the few places that was very affordable and the proximity to aill amenities.

Terrible. No quality or service.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

It was disgusting. Hair in the bed, used soap in the shower, no dish soap for the kitchenette, the stove was caked with food and rust. The smell was the worst part really. Good thing I brought my own blankets or I would have checked out right away. And good thing it was only for a night and I could shower elsewhere. Yuk yuk yuk.

Adequate but would never use it again.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The level of dirtiness was pretty bad. The coverlet was dirty and stained, the blanket had holes in it, the floor in the kitchenette area was quite dirty and I hate to think of how dirty the carpet was. We may have just had bad luck in the choice of rooms since I peeked in another room while the door was open while it was being cleaned and at least the floor floor looked clean.

Good value for price.

Had thought we were going to be walking distance to downtown but it wasn't too bad by car/bus/cab.

Unexpectedly we had a kitchenette and that was great. We were able to walk to the store and get some things. It was quiet.

It was adequate.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The bed was a little saggy.

It was about just what I expected. I just needed this accommodation for sleeping and showering. The front desk personnel were friendly and helpful.

Don't go,
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

What did I like, me leaving the property.

Nothing, bed was uncomfortable, the hotel was old and un-renovated. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

The room was fairly big

The room smelled strongly of cigarette smoke and the bed was very uncomfortable. The room did not have much lighting (2 lamps) and being on the ground floor we could hear people at all hours of the night by our door.

The room was fairly big

Convenient stay for our visit
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Noisy air conditioner. Walls thin. Had to listen to gaggle of giggling girls until well after midnight. No breakfast

Microwave and refrigerator were a real plus

We found the place depressing and will not return; but the staff was congenial and accomodating.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The motel is old and dated. The non-smoking room smelled of smoke. We had booked a Queen bed and were given a room with a Double bed. They switched us, once we pointed it out. In the morning the toilet in our bathroom wouldn't flush (my partner adjusted it to work). Toast and coffee were available in the small lobby in the morning - a new feature - efficiency still to be worked out.

The staff was accommodating and tried their best in this tired motel which seemed to have various problems -e.g., toaster and coffee pot could not be plugged in at the same time or the electricity would go off.

It wasn’t the worst...
    • Triple Room - Non-Smoking

I’m average weight (145 lbs) but the bed frame nearly collapsed when I sat down. I asked the front desk for an ice bucket. He said there was one in the room. I said there was not. He said they only had one per room and no extras and that I should go back and look again....sigh. Coffee “available “ in the lobby, but not made. “breakfast” was coffee and a loaf of sliced wheat bread with some packets of peanut butter.

It was funky--1960’s brick and cinder block, but it was available.

Basic but clean
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

A coffee maker in the room would have been an asset. For our first time in Halifax it was a little hard to find as we did not have sat. nav.

This is a basic motel, so don't expect anything more. It's a place to sleep. It is clean but dated, it has a fridge and microwave in the room but no coffee maker, the house keeping unit has a hob and a sink some dishes a kettle and a frying pan, fridge and microwave. There is a hairdryer in the bathroom on the wall lots's of places you have to open every drawer to find it. The area suited us but there is not a lot around it, it is on a road out to some shopping mall's. The young man at the desk was very pleasant and printed us out directions to get to several places, and when we had a problem with the television he came right away and seen to it.

The room was functional but my stay was soured by the up-pricing of my room.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The bathroom had soap and towels but no shampoo. The toilet was yellowed inside the bowl. There wasn't a ceiling light in the main room and the lamps took up most of the plug spaces. The clerk refused my original booking and charged me for a more expensive room. It wasn't a lot more but it was annoying since I had booked early to get the lower price.

There was a fridge, stove, microwave, and toaster in the room. If the room had been closer to the convention, I could have saved money by cooking my own meals. Lots of desk space and drawers. a heavy curtain kept the light out.

Overnight in Halifax
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Would not choose this unit if I needed a kitchen. Kitchen poorly equipment and badly needs updating.

This convenience apartment style Queen bed kitchenette was clean, and the bed was very comfortable. Bathroom is a bit old, but nice towels and plenty of hot water. Kitchenette really needs a make over, but the large mini fridge suited our needs and we dined out.

Good value of money for sure.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Details matter. in my to nonconsecutive nights there, I have discovered a clean bathroom with a dirty and gross soap compartment, a comfy mattress with squeaky frame. And, despite having almost a full kitchen, it lacks a basic coffee machine. So if you want to have a nice cup of coffee or tea first thing in the morning, sorry, no can do. There are so many good points here, but those small details really bring the whole experience down a notch.

It is most definitely of good value of money. The staffs are helpful and patient. And if you are lucky you may find a memory foam mattress on your bed. There is a kitchenette with ovens and stoves and microwaves and a fridge, with wares and utensils already provided. So you can prepare some simple meals if you would like to.

Just enough for sleepover and a shower
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Sorry but... Room was a bit too tight for the 2 double beds Not enough electrical outlets, i.e. to plug in phones or other devices Even though windows were closed, we could hear the traffic (and big service trucks) on the nearby highway Rooms would require a facelift; heaters were falling apart, moisture spots on bathroom ceiling, no complimentary toiletries, bedspreads are dark and are soiled on the undersides, foam was directly under the bedsheets, no coffee machine in room.

Staff at front desk very courteous. Since we arrived at property too early, they were kind enough to assign us a room and gave us our room key so we could check in later on in the day after 3pm. We really appreciated this!

DO NOT stay here.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We had booked for a 2 night stay at Season's Motor Inn. As soon as we arrived we were disheartened as the place and our room was very run down. There was mould on the bathroom ceiling and the furniture and the room itself was dilapidated and incredibly outdated. It just felt unclean and uncomfortable. After our first night here we were informed by another guest that he had found bed bugs in his bed! This was the last straw for us, we packed up our bags and did not stay the second night. Granted we did not get bed bugs but it was more than believable that a place like this would have them and we just weren't going to take the risk. Incredibly unpleasant stay, DO NOT stay here!

Stay away!!! I beg of you to avoid it at all costs...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Stay away from this place... The pictures may look nice, cozy and comfortable but it looks way different when you are in there... The staff does not really care... They are unaccommodating and everything has to be charged... It's all about the money to them... They do not let the customers know that there is a charge for an additional person in the room... I travelled with my mom and dad so we got the "Double room" which has 2 beds... Obviously my parents would be sleeping in one bed and I on the other... It's not supposed to be an issue but they charged me as the additional person in the room!!! Does that make sense to you??? The place says that it's pet-friendly, it is really not so much... They will only allow pets on the first floor... and there is a pet fee of $10 per pet / day... Another issue is that they will charge you a pre-authorized payment a day ahead of your stay and return it 3-4 weeks because they said that it could be held up to 8 BUSINESS days... Then, instead of charging me the difference from the deposit, they have charged me the whole amount of the stay when I checked in... So, know I've actually called them twice to confront about my pre-authorized payment and they have done nothing yet so far... The room is dirty and the bathroom stinks. They said that the rooms are "non-smoking" which is not true because as soon as we entered it, we definitely smelled it... I had to buy an air freshener to at least neutralize the smell of the room... The place is a dump and please I beg of you to avoid it at all costs...

Worst hotel ever... not worth anything
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I usually don't complain about where i stay but this had to be the worst place ive ever been. The smell, the service and the overall experience was extremely bad. I tried to call the reception at 11:30pm but no one would answer. Worst experience that i've ever had. I would give it a 0 out 5. Save your money and sleep in your car, don't waste it there.

Nothing was good about this stay. Verry disappointed!

Basic, but roomy and a good value.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

This was a last minute booking, so couldn't be terribly choosy. That said, this was a great value. Roomy with appliances and they had an elevator. It's not fancy, but a great value for the money.

I would stay there again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It is basic accommodation and very good value for money. The rooms (and beds) were clean and comfortable. The staff were helpful. It is a bit complicated to find the first time but very convenient to the Bicentennial Highway, which was a priority for me.

It was not a bad stay overall and the view was also nice
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It was an older building with modern upgrades so the walls were really thin and I could hear our neighbors tv

The staff was very friendly and helpful. Our room was kept clean and it was about 20 minutes drive to downtown Halifax. Also had places to eat nearby and we could order take out to our room if needed