Reviews of Sheraton Gateway Hotel in Toronto International Airport 4 stars

Terminal 3, Toronto AMF, P.O. Box 3000, L5P 1C4 Mississauga, Canada

#16 of 84 hotels in Mississauga

6.2

• Traditional King Room

By the time we checked in, we only had 4 hours before we had to check out. Made for a costly, per hour stay but it was better than having to sleep in the airport.

The location can’t be beat. We had a long layover and needed rest.

• Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

We stayed only for a night so there was nothing that we did not like

Staff at the reception - extremely friendly and helpful, location is perfect for early morning/very late flights cause it is easy to access both terminals It is also very easy to access Toronto if purpose of the stay is stopover between flights - UP train takes to city center in 20 mins!

• Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

Everything was great and it was easy to get to the hotel from the baggage area of the airport, which was great because it was already late at night.

We arrive very late and left very early so did not walk around the property; just went to bed and had a few hours sleep but it was very convenient when having to stay over to catch our next flight in the morning.

• Traditional King Room

It is quite a hike from terminal 1, and if you have a luggage cart there are 3 elevators in your journey, as well as a train. Still more convenient than a taxi, but in the end likely more expensive than another hotel with a short taxi ride.

Didn't have to take a taxi to overnight

• Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

Shower tub was flaked/chipped and the plunger to turn water to shower head was stuck in the "water to tub" position

Sheets, pillows and beds all top notch

• Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

Everything else - desperately needs a complete renovation of the rooms, and I was actually made to pay for internet! This is absolutely unacceptable and as a result I will not be staying over with their property in the future. I stay here a minimum of 6 times per year travelling through Toronto on to other locations - the alt is starting to look like a better alternative.

• Traditional King Room

Food terrible + overpriced; poor wine +beverage selection; mediocre staff. Room rate too high for quality of hotel. Only point in its favour is that it has direct access to LBP airport.

• Traditional King Room

The first night I was there it was very noisy. There was a party beside my room and I needed my sleep . It wasn't late but the walls are so thin I could hear everything. I did not want to be a party pooper but when you have to get to sleep it is not great!

The comfort of the beds and the convenience of having the hotel at the airport.

• Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

Too loud for a quiet zone on 5th floor Also bell hop unloaded my luggage off the luggage cart into my hotel room and I couldn’t find my children’s booster seats, and ended up leaving on vacation without them. They are still somewhere at the hotel. I ended up paying $200 to rent them. ☹️

• Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

Furniture in the room was a little dated and not in perfect shape. Kind of like a really nice Holiday Inn more than a Sheraton.

Hotel at a great location for both Terminal 3 (connected to hotel) and Terminal 1 (the train shuttle is just up the escalator). Comfy bed. Amazing strong water pressure and shower-head (5 stars!)

• Traditional King Room

It's 2018 how is paying for internet at a hotel , especially one at this rate, still a thing? We had a difficult time find the entrance into the hotel.

The room was well insulated, so noise was not an issue. Which is always good when staying at an airport. The bed was large and comfortable. The free water in the room was nice considering internet isn't free outside of the lobby.

• Superior King Room (Free Wi-Fi)

I was disappointed that a hotel of this caliber and cost charges customers for internet in your room. Very expensive, but convenient when you only have a few hours layover between flights.

• Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

We have stayed there several times when on our way to the Caribbean or Europe. The hallway carpet and lighting is very dated and dull. Needs updating.

The bed, bed linens and pillows are awesome. It was heaven after a long day of travelling. We always leave our winter coats and boots with the concierge while we are down south, really appreciate that amenity. Although the front desk could not initially find our reservation, she did everything she could and was very pleasant. The reservation was eventually found, our names were spelled incorrectly by whoever made the booking. Checkout was fast and easy.

• Traditional King Room

I couldn’t rent a movie on the tv, it was either the control for the tv was incredibly hard to navigate, or I am completely insane....who knows, I just wanted to watch a movie and I couldn’t

It was at the airport

• Runway View King Room

This was our honeymoon. We stopped here immediately after the wedding and before catching a flight. There was only one bathrobe in the room and no special treatment. We informed them that it was our honeymoon through Booking.com, but obviously no one read the comments. We should have called them directly. Also the finishes and carpets are dated.

Great view of the runway (we had a runway view room) and you can walk through a enclosed walkway to the airport.

• Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

There was no toothbrush. Should've been part of the standard toiletries. Fortunately, I always bring my own.

The location is superb. It's right in the Terminal 3. The room setup is kinda vintage but the bed was comfy and the service was awesome. It's a great transit hotel.

• Deluxe Corner King Room

The room was shabby, the bathroom even worse. All long past due for renovation/redecoration. Very dim light in the bathroom made worse by a burnt out bulb. Water pressure for the sink was terrible, it didn’t drain properly and the old fashioned faucet leaked from both handles when turned on.

The restaurant/food was better than most airport hotels’.

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds (Free Wi-Fi)

This is the second time we have stayed at this hotel. It is perfect for falling into bed after a trans-Atlantic flight. The beds are very comfortable and the room is well-equipped. We really liked the proximity to the downtown transport and the closeness to the departure gates. We still haven't used the pool (too much to do downtown).

• Superior King Room (Free Wi-Fi)

Mattress was a little soft and the duvet was a bit too heavy.

Desk clerk was extremely helpful in getting an email printed, scanned and emailed to my office. We also liked that for a small fee we could leave some luggage with the clerk and we will pick it up when we get back from our trip.

• Traditional King Room

The tub seemed a bit old and could be updated to fit with the rest of the room. Also seemed a bit pricey for me to stay for only one night before going to the train station early the next morning.

The room was really nice and clean! I also liked that I was on a quiet only floor as I arrived late and had to leave early.

• Traditional King Room

Felt wait staff in the bar were overworked as they had far too many tables to attend to; However, the food in the bar was very good.

Beds very comfortable

• Traditional King Room

Being woken up 4 hours early by drilling and hammering, not being offered a replacement room and not being refunded fully for the disruption.

Easy access by the train.

• Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

rooms a little stale food in the main restaurant was horrible, even the waiter told us not to order certain items because they were being sent back all night

Obviously the convenience of being at the airport is the draw.

• Club King Room

The bed was super comfortable and the hotel offered so many amenities for stranded travelers like myself (toothbrush/toothpaste, comb, razor, etc.).

• Club King Room

I arrived at about 3 am after a long uncomfortable flight with 4.5 hours delay. I am 73 and was exhausted. Was shown to a room on the top floor when all I asked for was a small room on the main floor - no frills. I have trouble sleeping so had to take sleeping meds about 4 am to get to sleep only to be woken up early by a maid to clean my room. No more sleep. Staff should be made aware of client's arrival and hotel should not oversell. My room cost over 300 dollars when I asked for a price they did not know but said it would be likely under 200.

• Traditional King Room

rooms on the 4th floor looking shopworn and in need of significant renovation. Our room was facing/directly overlooking the airport rail service which constantly run through the night keeping us awake. The restaurant was over priced ( overvalued) . A glass of sub standard wine in the pub @20.00 with a menu that was limited and tasteless.

• Traditional King Room

Check in was a joke, apparently if you do not belong to the SPG rewards program they don’t care if you stand in line 40 minutes waiting to be checked in while they take all their club members ahead of you! This totally turned us off this hotel and all Sheraton’s, do not care for places that don’t treat all guests the same! Will not stay at a Sheraton again, there are lots of nicer hotels that treat everyone the same.

Closeness to our gate at the airport, soft bed, good pillows. Restaurant was only ok, food was good but not much selection

• Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

They stuck a $15 charge on our bill for Internet use. Apparently it's not free in the room, BUT: they should NEVER charge extras without your signed consent. Frankly, it's chintzy that they don't just include free Wifi. The whole Toronto airport has free Wifi. Staff were very friendly (and removed the $15 Wifi charge when I complained).

Fitness centre is AMAZING: 5 treadmills!! plus many other machines, weights and complimentary fruit and headphones. Room is comfortable, quiet and a 5-minute indoor walk from the airport. Very convenient.

• Traditional King Room

The room was very dry which hurt our throats when we slept. As well, it was hot, felt like we could have used air conditioning instead of heating. We were on the third floor, in a room that faced the train, and we heard it all night long. For a Marriott, I was not that impressed, though it was conveniently located, which is why we stayed the night.

• Traditional King Room

I was told the room would be quiet and away from the metro line - It was almost directly above the metro line and the noise kept me up. Paying over $200CDN for a room I would spend 6 hours in before a flight and having to pay an addition $15 on top of that for internet was outrageous. I will not be staying here again as the price and noise of the property make it very low value.

Close to the airport for a very early flight the next morning. Room was clean and comfortable.

• Superior King Room (Free Wi-Fi)

Rooms give one the feeling of going back to the 90s. Furniture, colours, and materials used seem outdated. Even the TV probably wasn't even from the early 2000s. For a hotel representing Sheraton, they could certainly do a much better job here. Room services was also awfully slow (1 hour delivery time for a simple sandwich and salad).

Excellent location. Hard to beat the convenience. Front desk staff were very helpful and accommodating.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

It is little expensive compared to similar hotels. The car parking costs $30 per day.

Spacious room, friendly staff & great location. We were flying through terminal 3 in Toronto Pearson Airport, and we didn't have to leave the building as the hotel was located in the same terminal. This is very convenient especially when you have kids & a lot of luggage and when it is minus -15 C degrees outside.

• Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

It's pretty expensive for a 6 hour (layover) stay, but it is the easiest, quickest way to make flight connections. The restaurant/bar is very expensive (only had a beer - didn't eat).

We had a layover in Toronto on our flight from Panama to BC. I booked the hotel on line, using the option that I did not have to pay until arrival. We were late getting to Toronto and checked in around 10 PM. The check in clerk was very, courteous, knowledgeable and efficient. The room was spotless, it had good TV, the beds were very comfortable and had gorgeous linens. Only downside was we were on the 'train side' of the hotel and could hear the trains running by (NOT super loud, but I am a light sleeper). Because we had to be back at the airport for 06:30, we only used to room to sleep. Bonus, this hotel is super easy to get to because you don't even leave the airport - big plus when the weather is bad.

• Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

price is pretty high but i guess that can be explained with location and services included

great location directly at the airport, friendly staff and great bar in the lobby serving tasty food around the clock.

• Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

The on site restaurant food was well overpriced and range was limited.

Location of the property to the Toronto airport was fantastic for an overnight stay with early departure in the morning.

• Traditional King Room

Hotel needs a face lift. Everything is old. From room amenities, carpet in hallways, feels like it is definitely not a sheraton and definitely not a 4 thumbs up nor a 4 star hotel anymore (maybe back in 1990's)

Convenient

• Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

Wifi is charged at $15 a day. In 2017 you would expect free wifi in any hotel. And when you are staying just 12 hours, $15 is extraordinarily high. People huddle around table and chairs in the lobby for free wifi. When you pay over $300 a night free wifi is to be expected.

Locatin is perfect. Restaurant is excellent and server Craig was great. Beds comfortable, and hotel quiet.

• Traditional King Room

The decor and facilities were quite outdated; no slippers in room for use and no toothbrush which to me was quite a dealbreaker. I wouldn't have expected too much if it was a normal 3 star hotel but the fact it was Sheraton was quite a disappointment for the price I've paid.

Location, highly advantageous for those arriving extremely late at night and simply needed a bed to sleep. Late check out was allowed which I definitely appreciated so I can sleep in.

• Club King Room

terrible value for money Incredibly expensive for a transit hotel Dont waste money on the club rooms as the food in Club lounge is pitiful

convenient for airport

• Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

A very impersonal hotel, noisy bars and reception. The reception staff do everything possible to sell you extras? There was quite a bit of external noise all night, I suppose being in the airport you should be prepared to put up with that.

The room was fine, but nothing special

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds (Free Wi-Fi)

The hotel, bar the reception area, needs a revamp. It's starting to look old and tired, but not falling apart. Everything is kept neat and tidy but just aged.

The easiest hotel to find from the airport, straight in from the flight across to the hotel in 10 mins max (all walking). Check in fantastic, staff so friendly. Restaurant had an amazing breakfast in the morning.

• Traditional King Room

Booking.com continues to make mistakes with reservations. Will not use them again, as 2 out of 2 hotels couldn't cross reference the USELESS booking.com reference number. When roaming from middle east, is expensive to be on hold for extended periods trying to sort things out.

Only book for location...

No complimentary breakfast.

The hotel is right in terminal 3 of Toronto Pearson International Airport which is a plus for travelers who catch early flights. The rooms are spacious. Beds are really comfy. We enjoyed our stay. Free water and coffee

• Club King Room

Yes expensive but you get what you pay for. I really appreciated the convenience. Staff were very pleasant and helpful. Location was my #1 reason for staying and it worked perfectly.

Charge for internet in the room is 15$/day, no free breakfast

Great location and great friendly personal, lovely sport facility, great place to stay

• Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

badness: very expensive breakfast compare with quality amounts of food is small, I needed additional orders. Don't imagine breakfast in European hotel. Unkind restaurant staff. ( I don't know why shoud I pay service charge for them.)

goodness: very good accessibility to airport and car rental shop

• Traditional King Room

They gave us directions to the parking garage instead of drop off. Had to drive to roof of garage to enter hotel and pay parking, when there is a drop off elsewhere in the airport. We told them we were returning a rental car after drop off.

Convenient to airport.

• Superior Double Room with Two Double Beds (Free Wi-Fi)

Could hear lots of noise outside our room, more soundproofing would be good.

Perfect location. Easy to downtown Toronto to see the leafs. Easy to catch a plane the next morning.

Super comfortable bed, quiet room, even though it’s right at the airport. Not having to leave the airport to get to my hotel, is a big plus for me. Staff was friendly, welcoming and helpful. A Train ride away from downtown Toronto!

• Runway View King Room

I liked the location the check in was smooth but the riimnservice order was brought to me with wrong order the room did not have extra blanket like any other hotel it would have in drawer or closet I also did not have free wifi as promised by front desk when I checked in also I was charged additional 24$ after I left and checked out I was emailed about it but when I checked in I paid the full room cost and was told I don't owe anything or even had a mini bar in my room. So I am not Clear on why they charged me that. It doesn't define the service I used . And the room next to me was very loud the guest in it and all night and all morning they kept slamming the door shut and being loud that I barely slept

The check in was smooth and the front desk staff jermey was nice and helpful

• Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

Way overpriced for the time of year.....we paid $329 for 1 night, we were only there for 6 hrs as we were doing a tour to Niagara the following morning. No breakfast included....rip off

proximity to airport, we were travelling with 2 young children so needed a hotel nearby, didn't have to leave the airport, shuttle bus pick up & drop off excellent service

• Traditional King Room

Baseboards in room covered with a layer of dust! Staff in lounge non-attentive-and it was not bustling--people arriving after us were served first! Unacceptable! $26 for nachos--unreal!! Menu over priced!

The location was great, rooms acceptable but definitely over priced. Need a facelift. Staff at reception very pleasant.

• Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

Rooms and restaurants are quite expensive

Ideal hotel for the first night in Canada after a long flight. Automated peoples mover from Terminal 1 only 2 minutes drive

• Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

It's a bit expensive, but you pay for being so close to the airport.

The proximity to the airport for an early morning flight was great. The shuttle got us there very quickly.

• Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

The property has not been upgraded for years and years. Same old carpet, bathrooms, a bit down on the tooth. Larger televisions now but very few electrical plug ins.

The beds are always good at the Sheraton - the location is very obviously the best thing about this property being at terminal three at the airport.

• Traditional King Room

The whole hotel looked tired and need of revamp. Bathroom - taps for shower hard to work(outdated) Not kettle in room. Coffee facilities poor

• Traditional King Room

I thought the food and beverage pricing was a little ridiculous. The food and service was okay but didn't match the dollar value being requested.

Location and convenience to and from the airport is without a doubt easy and stress free.

• Deluxe Corner King Room

rooms on the courtyard are best.

This property is located on the sky train 4 minutes from airport. Very convenient. We had a very tasty supper and a great waiter.

• Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

It would be alot better if wifi is automatically included with the payment not that we still need to pay extra for it. Aside from that you guys did an awesome job. See you again..

• Traditional King Room

Bathroom a bit dated, prefer a dedicated shower rather than one over a tub.

Large comfy bed, nice quiet room. You can access hotel without having to go outside.

• Traditional King Room

I was over-charged on my credit card. I haven't been able to discuss this with Sheraton due to travel. I will talk to them late next month or as soon as possible. Cost was prohibitive, check-in was slow and lined up due to lack of staff at check-in.

The waiter at the bar restaurant.

• Runway View King Room

The shower in our room did not work. Having to leave early for our flight and we could not shower did not start my day off to well.

Location was excellent! Staff was friendly and very helpful.

• Club Runway King Room

Club lounge only open couples hours per day. Washroom is extremely small. Not worth living in club level. Only can check in/ out at lobby.

Nothing special, located at terminal 3, far away to the terminal 1.

• Superior King Room (Free Wi-Fi)

My room was on a floor that allowed DOGS! It was brutal....the dogs barked...there were pee stains on the carpet in the hallway....and doors were opening all night for people taking their dogs out. Can't imagine where the dogs were supposed to 'do their thing' as they were in a hotel at an airport. For the money I paid...I found it very disappointing. I'm a dog owner, but honestly can't imagine WHY this type of thing ( people having dogs in hotels ) is even allowed. The hallway smelled nasty and although the bed was comfortable it made me wonder how many 'pets' had been peeing on the carpet and sleeping on my bed before me. As a result, not worth the money I paid...and I won't be staying there again.

The location was great, food on site, staff was friendly.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Would've preferred better bathroom facilities given we were travelling with 9month twins

Adding extra facilities to room was very easy and quick such as kettle and refrigerator

• Traditional King Room

Re Tea question: It is impossible to make decent tea in a receptacle used only for coffee.

Convenient location. Restaurant bar easily available and with 10% discount. Free water bottle. Good towels and plenty hot water. Quiet room on 5th floor.

• Deluxe Corner King Room

We stayed in a room which appears to not have been renovated. The carpets were dirty and had separated from the floor leaving bumps of bulged carpet in various parts of the room. The toilet tank refilled at an incredibly slow pace when flushed and sounded as if an airplane was flying overhead. I forgot of the loud noise and flushed during the middle of the night. It woke my partner. If I stay there again, it will only be during a overnight layover and I will absolutely request a renovated room.

I lined up in the gold line bypassing 3 others in the 'non' gold line. I have a gold account but the receptionist was unable to find my gold account number. She did not make me switch lines and I was grateful for that. I have since added my gold account to my profile for any future stays, hopefully avoiding any confusion.

• Traditional King Room

Breakfast was a little expensive and not included so I ate out.

Comfortable hotel with very friendly and helpful staff. Great location for exploring Quebec City.

• Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

Restaurant did not have family choices. Menu was more adult oriented and high cost.

Location excellent, price good. Cost of hotels downtown is very high. Landed at Billy Bishop Took UP from union station and stayed at Toronto Pearson which was much better value.

• Runway View King Room

Unfortunately the positives end with the location. This is a very dated hotel, that should have been renovated decades ago. The age show through in everything, from the dreary hallways, to the tired decor in the rooms, the old bathtubs - I don't really know what the idea is here. Even the chicken wings tasted like they may have been frozen in 1975.

Great location and comfortable bed, if you have a layover in Toronto Pearson

• Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

Beds were nice, but there were no queen beds, only doubles for families which made it a little tight as a family.

Very close to the airport which was why we booked it - you can get there via the shuttle train. We arrived in late on one flight and left early the next morning on another flight (hence staying at an airport hotel), so we didn't get to see or do that much, but for us it was a good experience. The bar and restaurant seemed to be open late which was helpful that we were still able to eat despite arriving late. Despite being close to the airport, the soundproofing was very good.

• Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

Wewere not told by hotel or BOOKING.com How to get to the hotel from the airport. Consequently we followed all the signs for extremely long journey to shuttle buses for hotels. After waiting 45 minutes we learned there is No bus to Sheraton but that we must walk another 15 mins to a train to take us there. Wasted an hour. Tell people hiw to get to the hotel when they make a reservation!!!!!!!

Bed and pillows good

• Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

With two double beds in the large room, the room was unnecessarily cramped for space.

Food, coffee & beer very good and served until late: very useful for a mid-evening arrival. Bed very comfortable

• Runway View King Room

very disgusting smell in the room after turning the A/C off, smell like urine. Old extensively used furniture. Old building.

Location for those who are tired of long journey or next day travel is appropriate. bed is comfortable. WiFi is good.

• Traditional King Room

Check in rather slow, and had to wait 15mins to retrieve luggage stored by hotel as concierge was not at desk.

Excellent location for overnight stay when flying from Toronto.