Reviews of Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire 4 stars

255 Barclay Parade Southwest, T2P 5C2 Calgary, Canada

#11 of 100 hotels in Calgary

My family were locked out of their room by an obnoxious...
    • Traditional Corner King Suite

My family were locked out of their room by an obnoxious receptionist because we had exceeded the amount pre authorized on my card. Apparently the hotel doesn't like you using their restaurants and bars. This occurred in the middle of the day but I was tied up on business outside the hotel until the evening. As it was only day 3 in a 7 day stay, if this was their policy, you would think it could this should have been handled better

Very friendly staff, without exception!
    • Traditional King Suite

Very old design , from the 70ies one would say. The pool is of good size but with about 1m in depth absolutely useless for swimming, except for children. What a waste Place needs a good face lift to bring it to today’s standard.

Very friendly staff, without exception!

Mostly great but let down by lack of free WiFi and insufficient coffee for one per person
    • Traditional Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

Having to pay for WiFi nowadays is very poor. It’s just greedy of Sheraton to charge for it. Also, we were a party of three booked into the room. Providing just one non-decaf coffee and two paper cups is poor. It wouldn’t cost Sheraton much to provide at least one coffee per person and a non-disposable mug per person.

Helpful staff, good location and comfortable room.

The young man that assisted with our check in was very...
    • Traditional King Suite

No negatives as the hotel was fantastic

The young man that assisted with our check in was very professional and great to work with. He then offered us a complimentary round of drinks (for the 4 of us) in the lounge at Finn McCools which was a fantastic way to start our trip .

Won’t stay again, will be finding a new place tonight.
    • Traditional King Suite

Our first time was incredible. We got upgraded to the club floor, breakfast was included, the wifi worked (and was included) the room was large and you could move around, you went to breakfast on a beautiful balcony. This time we got put on the first floor, in a shoe box room, with the most archaic telephones I’ve ever seen, that didn’t work to call the worst and most expensive in room dining we’ve ever had. We had to pay $24 for wifi that didn’t work, sad for what you pay for sure!

Nothing this time

The staff were extremely helpful and caring.
    • Traditional Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

There wasn't a nice bar to have a drink after dinner for a cocktail. There was the Irish pub attached but it wasn't what we hoped for. We had to go across the road. Would be nice to have a nice bar in the hotel.

The staff were extremely helpful and caring. My mum and I were staying in Calgary for her last night visiting me before she left on mother's day. They upgraded us so we were able to have breakfast included and access to the VIP lounge. It was such a lovely gesture which made the stay and our last night so much better.

Comfortable and spacious room, very quiet and also very...
    • Deluxe King Corner Suite

Location was a bit out of the way from the main square but there were some nice restaurants nearby so for an overnight stay it suited us well.

Comfortable and spacious room, very quiet and also very accommodating with special requests for our son.

6.0
    Parking was bad paid for parking in packing in front of...

Parking

Parking was bad paid for parking in packing in front of hotel for weekend Checked out and got 96 dollar ticket Because parking was only till 6 am Have to hate down town parking

I loved the hotel. I just wished they would make the pool a bit deeper.
    • Traditional King Suite

Its not that I did not like anything, I guess, the area that could be improved in the hotel would be making the air conditioning was a bit cold (as I find it a bit warm), and the shower area could have been renovated.

My suite was absolutely great, in terms of space and layout. The location of the hotel was perfect for travelers who like to walk and run, as it it very near the Prince's Island Park. The staff were nice and accommodating too.

Would stay again!
    • Traditional King Suite

There wasn’t robes in room and even though I booked for 4 (2 adults 2 kids) there wasn’t extra bedding or towels brought up right away .. had I known valet service was a cost I would have found parking elsewhere

Pool times, fitness area, mini bar options, great bathroom .. all great!!!!!

It is a perfect place for a family stay
    • Traditional King Suite

The suite is beyond my expectation, particularly the sofa bed. They sent a good quality crib to my room, which is so convenient for me. I will always stay I this hotel whenever I come to Calgary

Parking
    • Traditional Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

My car is too tall for underground. Park at the lot cross st. Make sure you download hangtag app to pay the parking fee. I did, but still got a ticket by mistake. called Impark and got void.

Kids love the pool

Fantastic Hotel in a perfect location with excellent staff!
    • Traditional King Suite

Our stay was not long enough

From checking in with the very friendly and professional staff member (Bo) to the location ,quality of the room and the food we could not be happier.... We have found a place to stay when ever ever we are back in Calgary

Fantastic!!!
    • Traditional King Suite

Gosh I can’t think of one thing... perhaps I didn’t get a chance to see the pool. Maybe I’m a night owl 11 close is too early for me.

Every interaction was positive the staff actually looks like they enjoy the job

Clean and friendly
    • Traditional King Suite

Slept great! Nice and clean. Lots of room for the whole family. The pool was the highlight for my kids. And all the staff (from the front desk, to random staff in the hall, to the valet parking) went above and beyond. We will be back. Thanks!!

Very friendly and helpful staff.
    • Deluxe Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

Very friendly and helpful staff. The facilities are great and overall a great place to stay. Great location on the skywalk +15 so you can get around easily. The pool was great. Would recommend this place to stay.

The ladies that were at the front desk, the manager and the...
    • Traditional King Suite

The ladies that were at the front desk, the manager and the front desk attendant that were on duty at 1:00p.m. on 01/02/2018, we awesome!! I was not in the best state when I had arrived to the hotel, and they were very accommodating to me. They took the time to make sure that I was settled and made sure that if I needed anything that they were available to help me. Being from a different country, this was awesome to see that there are nice people in the world. Thank you ladies for brightening my day in a very sticky situation.

We loved our room but next time we’ll get a bit higher... suite.
    • Traditional King Suite

Our room was very cold. The weather during our stay was -30c, bitterly cold, and our window was frozen open ever so slightly. Made for cold sleeps. The Valet parking was a joke. They tried they’re best to make it efficient and quick, but with the cold and any kind of volume, it was anything but quick. Parking in he lot across from the main doors was much better.

We loved the room service, decent selection, a little pricey, but worth it for 4am snacks. The pool area was amazing... actually the reason we decided to stay at the Sheraton in the driest place.

Very connected to the rest of downtown Calgary through +15...
    • Traditional King Suite

Free parking is lacking, however this is the case in downtown Calgary period. More free room amenities, etc. would be a nice touch 😁.

Very connected to the rest of downtown Calgary through +15 walkway. Right next to princess island park.

Hotel great, Shopping better than Edmonton, Parking in midtown riduculously expensive and lacking
    • Traditional King Suite

Expensive parking; Calgary in general need to be accommodating to visitors in terms of reasonable after hours parking both in terms of price and availability. Would think twice about leisurely visiting or vacationing on the city (night out on the town) I future. Might just stay I Edmonton or fly to south west US.. Really too bad.

Staff staff room bed

Reliable Comfort
    • Traditional King Suite

There was only one robe in the suite and the popcorn in the kitchen supplies was old and stale when cooked. The lighting has limitations - no adjustments in level.

Very comfortable beds and good furnishings for business travel. Clean and comfortable. There is a nice pub at grade.

A nice enough place that.
    • Traditional King Suite

Overpriced for what it is. Most hotels offer free wifi and a number of free amenities, however, this hotel charges an extreme amount for everything!

The bed was very comfy and the bathroom facilities were excellent.

Great luxurious place to stay but would recommend eating out.
    • Traditional Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

Snack bar and room service menu is too pricy-too much to compensate for convenience. Would recommend eating out.

Hotel Cleanliness was excellent, beds are comfy and great view

Super Comfortable Suite
    • Traditional Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

The front desk staff was amazing- very friendly, offering great suggestions for dinner. The hotel is a few blocks away from downtown but there are great food options just across the street and it is a short walk to downtown restaurants and attractions. The room itself was very comfortable and well laid out. Huge bathroom- great for sharing. I loved having a microwave a little kitchen area. Reasonable mini bar prices!

checked in very late and left very earlier in the next...

checked in very late and left very earlier in the next morning, didn't have much time to enjoy it, rooms are nice ,bed was very comfortable ,had breakfast at 15th floor, great view.

checked in very late and left very earlier in the next...

The bed and room were very comfortable.
    • Traditional King Suite

This property allows pets and our whole floor smelt like animals which was awful. Inside the room and other floors seemed to smell okay.

The bed and room were very comfortable.

Excellent location. Overall a great experience. I would stay here again

It was a little pricey at almost $400 a night

The bed was comfy. Perfect white noise with the fan running. The lighting in the bathroom was awesome for makeup application. I would stay here again!

Overall a great experience as the King Suite was amazing and the staff was super friendly!
    • Traditional King Suite

There was no buffet breakfast like at most luxury properties! There was no restaurant within the hotel, just a breakfast room and the Irish Pub. Also there was no hourly guest parking so my friends visiting couldn't even park unless they paid the overnight rate!

Staff called me while I was still at the airport to tell me that they had a King Suite ready for my early check in as I landed in the morning!

Everything in the room was perfect.
    • Traditional Corner King Suite

We upgraded to get a supper and breakfast buffet included in the room but we we're not advised the location you had to go to eat. You had to go to eat upstairs for the buffets, not on the main floor restaurant. Once we advised the staff they refunded our upgrade cost so that made up for it.

Everything in the room was perfect. The kids loved the pool and we enjoyed the hot tub. Great walking locations all around the area with beautiful bridges and paths. We enjoyed the area a lot. Our daughter had broken her toe so the hotel gave us a wheelchair to use for her so we could still go for a walk. Excellent staff, very friendly and helpful.

It was really bad experience .
    • Club Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

It was really bad experience . The prices was very high comparing to the provided services . The parking is not included in the price and I have to pay additional 41 CAD per day. In addition, the provided room has very bad view and when I request to change , I paid additional 21 CAD per night .

bed and room very comfortable.
    • Traditional King Suite

parking is the only issue, but the hotel and proximity to eau claire is perfect.

bed and room very comfortable. i got upgraded to a suite, so it was marvellous.

Great location, definitely recommend!!!
    • Traditional Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

We were not informed of the cost of the valet parking upon check in and were not given other options to park... valet prices per day are a little steep!

The beds were super comfy!!! Absolutely loved the location!!!

Distance to Stampede is wrong
    • Traditional King Suite

Distance to Stampede, according to your website, is 1.1mile. My guess is the distance is at least five times farther. We would not have rented this hotel had we known we had to take a train to reach the Stampede.

Quiet

Extended checkout, very helpful staff, central and safe
    • Traditional King Suite

Directed to wrong level for breakfast as club level didn't open, mezzanine instead therefore wasted valuable time.

Extended checkout, very helpful staff, central and safe

Sweet Sheraton
    • Traditional King Suite

Close to the river valley, nice rooms, clean, stocked, friendly prompt staff, wonderful food in suite, great pool & heated with a nice view from the whirlpool, quiet, all around a luxurious, comfortable, enjoyed experience. Pleasure being a guest. Will stay again in future.

Every thing.
    • Deluxe King Suite

Breakfast buffet was lame. Should be complementary. Even had to pay for coffee. If your going to charge that much, it should have a lot more than just scrambled eggs, bacon, potatoes and pancakes.

Every thing. Especially the location. Not the breakfast buffet😒

City centre with great amenities and easy access to running paths
    • Traditional King Suite

The valet parking is kind of pricey

The location can't be beaten and the 'suites' are great -- a separate room (small but adequate) for a sink and fridge as well as a desk and a couch and TV that is separate from the bedroom. If one of a party wants to stay up late and the other snooze, this is ideal. The valet parking/door guys are great -- very efficient and they will get you a taxi, give you a bottle of water after a run and generally be very friendly -- even if you don't have your car there

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

Fantastic location to explore the city on foot and bike
    • Traditional King Suite

We should have asked for a room with a view of the river, as it was we faced West and office buildings.

Location cannot be beat. We spent three days in Calgary and only used our car to arrive and depart. We brought our bikes and travelled the fantastic bike trails along the rivers. Calgary has done an amazing job with these trails! Excellent restaurants within 10-block walking distance.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

Always stay here when in Calgary
    • Traditional Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

Wish there was more room to pull up out front

Love breakfast especially the potatoes! Service is excellent. Do not like the parking price however so we go when you have the dollar special.

Staff was absolutely wonderful at this location.
    • Traditional King Suite

Our room wasn't ready when we arrived. I did not realize the check in time and since we were traveling internationally, we just wanted to get into a room and rest some, so we ended up spending more on a club level room so we could go straight to a room.

Staff was absolutely wonderful at this location.

Best Hotel In Calgary
    • Traditional King Suite

The staff were amazing, especially the Bellhops/Valet. Rooms were large, bright and very comfortable. Location is amazing, central to everything.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

Canada 150

Relatively Expensive parking fares , around 30 bucks a day

Being close to everything in town and within walking distance using the so-called 15+ ; well-connected bridges at second floor that allow you to move indoor from one building to another

Lovely room and great, friendly staff
    • Traditional King Suite

China cups for tea/coffee - paper cups only were provided

Bed very comfortable. Location of hotel couldn't be better right next to Prince's Island Park and plenty of restaurants and shopping

Nice but not nice enough for the costs
    • Traditional King Suite

The parking in the building was valet only and it amounted to $50 de night, soni had to park in the street nearby. The wifi was also not free, unless i join some kind of reward club if theirs.

The room was nice and the bed really comfy.

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

Loved the rooms , service and pub. Wish is could have gone swimming but maybe next time 😀
    • Traditional Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

I wanted to go swimming .. But the pool was over filled with teenagers and kids .. It was family day weekend so I bet a lot of families took their kids there . Maybe I can swim another time ?

The beds were awesome . Very clean. Friendly staff . Nice to have a pub right inside the building.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

Great, quiet and professional
    • Traditional King Suite

The front desk people were not very knowledgeable about the immediate surroundings- eats and drinks etc

We got upgraded, the Sheraton club level is fantastic! The staff was great, this place understands customer service, from the maids to the valet parking staff.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

By far best service and hotel that I have experienced
    • Traditional Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

This hotel is our favourite hotel!! Usually get the chance to stay at least once or twice a year and everytime we are never disappointed! The staff are amazing each and everyone is so Friendly truly a fabulous city getaway

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

The complete package!!!
    • Traditional King Suite

I need to remember to use the do not disturb marker on my door when requesting a later checkout. Housekeeping wasn't aware of the extension and came to clean before I was ready. I will do this next time and then everything will be PERFECT!!'

Went up to Calgary for a relaxing weekend to myself. We visit Calgary quite a bit and the Sheraton is one of our most frequented places to stay. I think I fell even more in love with it over this past weekend! This hotel meets all the things we look for when taking a trip from home. Rooms are always very clean The beds are super comfy Love the location! Eau Claire is beautiful Friendly and helpful staff! I ordered room service, for what was probably my first time. I am now totally addicted! I was able to enjoy breakfast in bed, while watching an on demand movie, that is still in theatres. The food came up hot and perfectly cooked! It totally hit the spot. I followed up my movie and breakfast by having and relaxing soak in the tub. It was like Heaven!!! To top it off because I always use Booking.com to book my hotel stays, I was able to escape for a weekend of indulgence without having to pay excessively. It really was the complete package!!!

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

Cozy and warm, modern and functional.
    • Traditional King Suite

Would have liked the option of a flatter pillow. Would have liked a little warmer temperature for the pool.

Snacks and drinks in the room were great. Nice temperature in the hot tub. Room was beautiful and well decorated.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

Great Location, Comfort and Staff
    • Traditional Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

The comfort of the beds is wonderful. I love having a separate bedroom when I am away on an extended stay. This hotel feels like home away from home. Room space is great for families.

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

Will definitely come again!
    • Traditional King Suite

Hubby and I stayed here for our anniversary. We loved this motel! Staff were sooo friendly and the room was awesome! Loved the pressure of the shower. So cool that the motel was connected to the walkways. Walked all the way to Cora's without stepping a foot outside!!

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

I did not like that there was no information on the room of...
    • Traditional King Suite

I did not like that there was no information on the room of where facilities were e.g gift shop / ice machines. Could have had more coffee in the room

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

Top notch! We'll be back!
    • Traditional King Suite

Couch was not very comfortable.

The staff was amazing. The desk, the valet, the engineering staff all exceptionally nice and helpful. Above and beyond.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

It was wonderful, Good Times, and Good Company!!!!
    • Traditional Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

We were disappointed that the parking was so expensive. But found out that there is not alot of space available for that purpose. We used the outdoor Eau Claire Lot and was a nuisance to go every evening to pay the meter.

We are three sisters who travel somewhere in either Alta, BC or Sask every fall. The location of the Sheraton Eau Claire was awesome. We did a lot of walking and only caught a cab once. A Great Hotel and area.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Don't hesitate to stay here
    • Traditional Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

The room was spacious and very clean. The beds were extremely comfortable. The valet parking worked amazing for us. We couldn't of asked for a better place to stay.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Love the location and the Club Level. Lots to do with the Bow River Valley and Eau Claire Market.
    • Deluxe King Corner Suite

Front entrance parking very tight. One of the Calgary Taxis side swiped my valet parked car out front :(

The bed was amazing! Stayed in one of the corner units on the Club Level! Love the breakfast in the Club Lounge!

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

Higher class hotel in Calgary
    • Traditional King Suite

The manager at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. She wanted to make sure everything is in order with the complete satisfaction. I thank her one more time.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

• Traditional King Suite

Colour throughout was brown- didn't suit me. Dull. I left my shawl in my room on departure and when sought a few days later it couldn't be found by housekeeper. Disappointed with that.

Friendliness and relaxation and comfort

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Friendly staff and comfortable rooms in fantastic location!
    • Traditional King Suite

Could have had more towels in the room, and they only had 1 coffee in the room and there were two of us travelling. Really minor inconvenience

The bed and pillows were very comfortable. The room had a great view.

We always try stay here when we come to Calgary.
    • Traditional Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

We always try stay here when we come to Calgary. Great location, excellent staff, amazing rooms, super comfortable beds, our kids love the pool and water slide and breakfast is incredible!!

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

It's going down the tubes, for snobs only.
    • Traditional Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

It's half as good as it used to be. Price is double, service is in half, breakfast not included anymore, charge for wifi, charge for parking, valet rude and disrespectful of your car.

Room was good

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

Stayed for a weekend
    • Traditional King Suite

The parking is VALET only. You do not have access to your car once it is parked. You need to ask valet to bring it every time you want to use it. It would be much better if they had a guest parking. Also it says "FREE parking" which is misleading. You pay 30$ per day for a Valet you use it or not.

Great location, very friendly stuff, nice breakfast

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

Great city escape for momcation
    • Traditional Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

Have to walk through fitness centre to get to pool and hot tub.

Amazing all round. Great staff, very comfy beds, real cream for the in room coffee! Hot tub has a great view. All the food and drinks we had were outstanding. I forgot my phone charger, called the front desk and they brought one to my room within 5 minutes. The area is great for walking and has lots of restaurants close by.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2016

Good location and kid-friendly
    • Traditional Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

When we arrived at the hotel there was this Folk Music Festival going on right outside our window. The noise was terrible and I was almost considering changing the hotel. I wished the hotel had warned us in advance. Luckily, this particular night seems to have been an exception. It was quiet for the rest of the week.

We loved having our breakfast at the hotel: nice environment, rich selection (a lot of fruit) and last but not least a wonderful stuff. Our particular THANK YOU to AARTI at the reception! She was so helpful and friendly. The pool area was nice: our 6 year old daughter learned how to swim at the Sheraton in Calgary!

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

Great hotel experience
    • Traditional King Suite

Internet should be provided for free - really: it is a standard service at many places.

I liked pretty much everything about this hotel but the staff were wonderful, especially the valet service attendants.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

Can only valet Park no underground self park.
    • Traditional Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

Can only valet Park no underground self park. Hotel pre charges room only time I've ever had this happen when using booking.com. Apparently hotel company policy. Created problems for splitting cost of two rooms

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

Great location but high parking fees.
    • Traditional King Suite

It would have been nice to know there is no free parking $42 a night is high. it is really congested in the entrance area at all times.

The location was great. The room was wonderful. Great views.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

Fantastic service at the front desk during check in.
    • Deluxe Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

No parking unless you pay $30. For $190/per night, it would be accommodating to reduce the price of parking.

Fantastic service at the front desk during check in. Super comfy bed. Excellent shower!

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

Breakfast option in the Club Room were excellent.
    • Traditional Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

The size of the room, which was recommended, for 3 Adults and 2 children was not big enough. Two double beds and a fold down was not adequate. We would have booked a bigger room if it had not been recommended!

Breakfast option in the Club Room were excellent.

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

Nice hotel well situated in Calgary
    • Traditional Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

Parking and breakfast are both a bit expensive.

The location of the hotel, the cleanliness of the hotel and room, the Irish bar/restaurant (very nice, tasty with good beers and friendly)

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

Awesome after a very long trip
    • Traditional King Suite

The staff were friendly and helpful and very hospitable The room was very clean and super comfortable We have stayed many times over the years and will stay again

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

Don't plan to park a car!
    • Traditional Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

Parking was $50/day!! That is outrageous! It should be free for guests when you already are staying at a premium hotel..!! Plus I had booked a suite with 2 beds but when I got there they were giving me a room with 1 king. They said booking through Booking.com does not guarantee the type of room. After some argument, and my insistence, they finally gave me the 2 bed room.

The room was great and beds were very comfortable. The location was excellent. Staff left you alone which was great. Place was clean.

• Reviewed: 18 July 2016

Fantastic location. Breakfast in the PH not worth the price!
    • Deluxe King Corner Suite

The sign in cards given out at the breakfast in the PH when it is a secure floor. Annoying at best -especially when approached every time we entered yet no one had cards before we arrived... We could check in at a desk before entering instead of interrupting our meals to ask us our room number. Tacky. Not a great value for $200/day for holiday inn type hot breakfast offerings of oatmeal, yogurt, fruit, liquid eggs, bread, muffins and wafflesor pancakes and bacon. Valet parking only and the price fluctuates based on day (30-45+/day) WiFi not included unless an spg member- I am so ok but if not then $12+/day.

All staff- except the lady who checked us in and one of the breakfast staff in the PH -made us feel very welcome. Housekeeping was excellent as well as Bo at the front desk. The location is excellent and the rooms were comfortable. In fact we preferred it to the Palliser for the location so extended our stay 1 week.

The room was very clean and the bed was super comfy.
    • Traditional King Suite

The room was very clean and the bed was super comfy. The bathrobes were an added bonus.

Browse Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire traveller photo gallery