Reviews of Sheraton Vancouver Guildford Hotel 4 stars

15269 104th Avenue, V3R 1N5 Surrey, Canada

#10 of 22 hotels in Surrey

• Traditional Double Room

There was no concierge service at the hotel. We had to take all our luggage to the room by ourself. Very disappointing for a 4 star hotel. There appeared to be a communication issue between staff regarding the shuttle service - we were told that we could come to reception at any time from 6.30-10am to get a shuttle to the Surrey Central Station (10min drive). However the following day, we were told that this needed to be booked. I was personally not happy that the people working at the front desk had a lack of knowledge: Why is one receptionist informing us about having an open window for shuttle service, and another stating that a booking is needed? We were also not happy with beverages provided in our rooms - we were first provided with two complimentary small bottles (3 adults), which reduced down to 1 the following day. The small bottle size was the equivalent of only 1 1/4 cup of coffee being prepared. We called the receptionist that evening who said that this was standard - everyone received one small bottle after receiving two on the first day, regardless of the no. of guests. However, when we spoke to the manager, they said that two should be provided. Another piece of evidence for communication deviance! For a 4* hotel, guests should not have to waste their time sorting out not having sufficient items in their room (only two coffee pods and mugs provided when 3 adults are booked).

The beds were comfortable; our room had a great scenic view (corner room). The room was of a good size, and furniture was good overall. The hotel had a shuttle service to and from the nearby station which was useful.

Check in process was poor. It was very busy. Elite members line was not designated and so the checking was much longer. Room key did not work even after having it changed twice. Had to rely on bellman to let me into my room.

• Traditional Double Room

The doors to room are definitely not sound proof so any talking or shutting of other doors is quite loud and disruptive. The cleaning crew was banging doors every few seconds for at least an hour Sunday afternoon. Don't know why? I had a headache and was trying to sleep.

The newly decorated hotel colors. Very modern.

• Accessible Room

Dogs barking late in the night, one across the hall, one located elsewhere in the hotel. VERY thin doors, could hear EVERYTHING in the hall as if they were in the room. Was rudely awaken about 6 am by a domestic dispute in the hallway, then again by police shouting their presence at the suite about an hour later. Yes, VERY THIN DOORS.

Very clean, very beautiful room, comfortable bed, nice towels.

• Traditional Double Room

Service to the room. Near to shopping.

The staff were terriffic...professional to the highest degree. The restaurant team were excellent too. You could teach customer service to other hotels. We will come back again.

• Traditional Double Room

even though i am a starwood preferred guest I have not been treated like one. the staff refuse to book on the starwood floors which are 10 and above likely because I got a deal through a 3rd party.

central to where I needed to be

• Traditional King Room

This hotel has always been good and very convenient for an annual event. Staff are always quick to help and very pleasant. Will definitely continue to stay here!

Only one staff working at the front desk during the rush hour ( 11:30 a.m.) we have to wait for check out.

Good location. Breakfast is OK Rooms are nice and clean. Friendly helpful staffs, they found us the jacket left in closet.

The bedroom was very disappointing for a luxury hotel. Small tiny bed that barely had covers on it. Dusty lamps, heavily scratched furniture , worn out carpet. Parking lot so far from the building. The receptionist was cool and univiting and unwelcoming.

The outdoor pools are spectacular The breakfast in Cooper Room really awesome.

• Accessible Room

Nothing - everything was fine.

The bed was comfy and big. The bathroom met my expectations. We had a good view and the air conditioning was excellent.

• Traditional King Room

My towel had blood on it and when I called to ask for a refund or a different room I got the reply of were sorry but this is a mangers call and he's not in for another 3 DAYS !!

Rooms and washrooms are not clean at all

• Traditional Double Room

The woman rep at check in was offensive. When I checked out she was not only rude and said goodbye to me without providing any receipt or close out documentation on my stay. The documentation that I did get was no complete and inadequate. I'm a SPG preferred customer and I can say that this individual made my stay very unpleasant.

All staff were very accomodating except check in

• Traditional King Room

It would be nice to have a microwave in the room. I found hair in the bathtub and spots on your sheets,so it made me a little unsettled.

Our room was ready before 3pm, so we were able to drop our stuff off, get ready and go to our Christmas Party. The newly renovated room was good. The room smelled clean and the decor was nice.

• Traditional King Room

There was a fire started by a guest the night that we stayed. The staff did a good job of keeping everyone calm and as comfortable as possible. The hotel also did their best to discount our bill for the inconvenience.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

• Traditional Double Room

The underground parking is not secure...so that concerned me a little but it was very well lit and I found parking near the elevator.

The service at front desk was amazing! There was a wedding going on but the desk clerk was calm and smiling and very professional. The upgraded room was a very welcome site....nicely done...and very very clean. The beds are so comfortable and the bathroom upgrade is very modern in design. Loved it!

• Traditional King Room

We were not comfortable with the food menu. It's too restrictive, not your average food choices.

The restaurant/lounge needs to have a better variety of appetizers.Friday waitress not very friendly. The rest of the weekend waitresses were polite.The pulled pork sliders & wings are great though.

• Traditional King Room

That I could not stay longer!

I was greeted very nicely at the front desk, and check-in was a breeze.The newly renovated rooms were beautiful and very comfortable. Given the choice I could live in that room.

• Club King Room

I found the wait staff in the restaurant to be a bit inattentive at dinner. It was hard to get their attention and it seemed a long time to get food out even though it wasn't busy. The breakfast staff were wonderful and timely.

The rooms have been renovated and are beautiful. Bathroom is great and shower is wonderful. Beds are comfy and room was quite large.

• Traditional Double Room

I was asked at least 10 times during my breakfast if everything is ok. I mean no one was rude to me, but you know what I mean? Once is just enough. Thx

• Traditional Double Room

Booking com website and lack of answers to my ?!@.<_#

This was the most comfortable bed I have ever had in any hotel of all in all my travels when I worked for airlines or anywhere!!!

• Traditional King Room

Convenient underground parking. Close to shopping and many restaurants. Great room. Great location as we wished to stay outside the downtown area. Pool and fitness center.

• Traditional Double Room

The finishings were dated and worn, the pillows were flat and not comfortable. Somehow the dates on the web site were off from what I had requested and I almost wasn't given my money back for a room that I didn't need. Luckily they found a room for us.

The location was great and the staff were polite.

• Traditional King Room

The property could use a little TLC. It was clean and tidy but you could see it could use paint in the rooms and stuff just looked worn out.

It was very central for our needs

• Accessible Room

Extremely busy as there was a wedding and I believe a sports team so staff seamed extremely busy. Also I believe one elevator was not working so there were line ups to get on the elevator.

The actual room was really nice and quiet even though we were close to the elevator.

• Traditional Double Room

Staff service was Pathetic, they were unfriendly, unhelpful, rude and they don't know how to deal with customers. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone it is worst than a 2 star, kitchen staff doesn't help u with anything they give u an out right no if u have allergies or u want to order special meals even if u have kids with u, then on the breakfast table ur spoken to rudely n showen a hand to wait while ur giving ur order. Showers don't work n if u ask guest services they never send anyone n after that their phones r busy, at checkout again no one picks the phone u have to go down personally to tell them to send a porter n when u ask for a physical copy of the bill they can't give a physical copy coz the accountant is not there.

Location was the only thing good about it

• Traditional Double Room

The Carpet in the room was dirty and stained, the hot water wasn't consistent, the room didn't have a fridge, a friend who stayed in the exact room had one.

Beds were very comfortable

• Traditional Double Room

Washrooms shower stall had mold/fungus growing inbetween the tiles, this was shocking. Staff did not seem engaged, when we asked about restaurants they just handed us a map instead of recommending anything. This property did not live up to the Sheraton brand on even basic hotel cleanness and service.

• Traditional Double Room

Our room was very dated. Carpet very old. My partner and I were sneazing a lot.Unlike the room where we stayed 5 days before on 15th floor. There could be bed bugs.

Bed was comfortable.Coffee machine was an advantage.Staff was good too.close to a shopping mall.

• Accessible Room

Pillows were too flat. Furniture needed to be refinished. Never been to a hotel where polish was coming off the furniture. Door bottom in bathroom was damaged and worn.

Bed was very comfortable.

The room was dirty, the staff was rude, the bed wasn't clean or the sofa. The pool isn't that great as the picture. And the food is overpriced. Parking is $9

The modern look

• Accessible Room

The price they charge,there should be a small fridge in the room at least . building had thee elevator but only one was working had to wait there with my luggage for 25-30 mins twice and when tried to talk to front desk, lady behaved very unprofessionally .room air conditioner fan was loud and ac settings were messed up you can not set temp below 18.5 degree c

Room was clean and cleaning staff was good but front desk tellers need more social entraction traning (behaviour was exactly like air hostesses from some bad air line)

• Traditional Double Room

We found out about their spa on our last night there, and we called in an hour before they closed to see if they were able to squeeze in facials. But turns out they closed early anyway which was a little disappointing.

All staff was very accommodating to all needs, breakfast was included in our stay and it was DELICIOUS! The Hot tub and the pool are both great, and This Sheraton Hotel definitely met the Sheraton's name reputation. The location itself is near a great mall, and there is several centers not that far either. Keep in mind this hotel is about 30-40mins away from Vancouver Int'l Airport; but is really worth the drive or train ride for all the views.

• Traditional King Room

We had to pay $10 a day to park in the hotels underground car park. I wasn't happy. Air conditioner in room was very noisy. The room was booked as a king with sofa bed and room for an extra small fold out bed. However there was not enough room for this. It was misleading. By pure coincidence, on a he second day of our stay, the hotel had to go onto emergency power for a whole day, due to power grid maintenance. We were told to make plans to be away from the hotel for the day. Would have been nice to be compensated for that inconvenience in some way?

The hotel had a lot of families stay when we were there. The kids (and adults) all enjoyed the pool and it was a safe friendly environment. I liked the USB chargers built into the furniture for charging devices.

• Traditional Double Room

This hotel was nice in its day. Needs to upgraded. Room was way too expensive for its condition. I wold call it beat up. stains all over carpet. No mini car. Tiles above shower looked damaged. For this types of room I would expect from an old motel not a hotel that charged $260 a night. Plus they make guests pay $10/night for underground parking.

Pillows and bed were comfortable. Overall It was clean.

• Traditional King Room

Probably our own fault but we didn't realise the airport was so far from the airport which resulted in an expensive taxi

Beautiful newly renovated room, upgraded on check in. Walking distance to Guildford mall for shops & restaurants

• Traditional King Room

I had booked the wrong date and showed up Sat. 8th. The place was booked solid but the man behind the desk managed to find us a room!!! It took him a while but when it was all said and done, he handed us the key cards. a big smile...enjoy your stay. We are very grateful to that gentleman.

• Club King Mountain Room

There were some strange guests at the hotel who were bothering us and following us between the pool and hot tub. No hotel staff in the pool area, we felt like we were being stalked. In addition, we found the broken off top inch of a utility knife on the carpet of our room right next to the bedside table. Luckily found it before we stepped on it. The hotel comped our parking ($9) and offered a free upgrade the next time we come (highly unlikely as this is a different country that we don't visit on a regular basis). Also, breakfast did not include any protein at the club lounge breakfast buffet. The fridge in the room is also very slow, we had to take out all internal shelving pieces to fit our dinner leftovers.

It was nice that the property included a swimming pool, hot tub, and the lounge area.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

• Traditional Double Room

Pillows were flat, old and very uncomfortable. Both my friend and I woke up with kinked necks! Room temperature was terrible - hot, cold - inconsistent temperature. We're constantly waking up throughout the night either throwing off the covers or putting them back on. Stains on carpets - very unsightly! Overall the room quality should not have been priced at $205 a night!!

Only liked the view

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

• Club King Mountain Room

As we were on our way to B.C. over the weekend, we hit a few construction zones. We thought we were going to be delayed and emailed the hotel, that we might be late for our check in and hopefully there won't be any trouble with it. I loved how Sheraton quickly responded and assured us, that our room will be ready and we won't be charged for our late check in. They even wished us well on our travel. I made a few requests for my pet, that was travelling with me to be comfortable. I requested for a pet bed and a couple of bowls. When I checked in and got to my room, all of my requests were tended to. My pet didn't have any anxiety being in a hotel. He normally gets pretty restless. But having a those things around, made him feel at home. The hotel is on the pricey side, but it's worth it.

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

• Traditional King Room

I booked a specific type of room they refused to honor that. I am a SPG member as well as GOLD with Marriott they refused me to give me a room on SPG floor. Very disappointed.

• Traditional Double Room

No free parking. No free breakfast. Told us the pay was not enough for it. Staff was mad because we cancelled the parking that wasn't free.

Bed was nice and the view

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

• Traditional Double Room

The beds are much too firm; tried both! I ate three meals in the restaurant, titled 'Fresh'; the least fresh was my $36 dinner. However, the Eggs Benedict for breakfast was fresh - excellent!

The hotel is quite 'corporate'; it is undergoing a major renovation, but, absolutely no intrusion on clients

• Traditional King Room

The bathroom door was really dirty but I had wipes and cleaned and wiped the brown stuff off.

Staff were very friendly and helpful with directions to the ferry.

• Traditional King Room with City View

The girl at the front desk was rude and seemed liked she didn't want to be working. Secondly I tried to call guest services about 5 times and no one answered

I liked the room and the cleanliness

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

• Traditional Double Room with City View

I had booked through booking.com and it does not charge for your room however it just holds the room for you. I got to the hotel and the guy that was workibg when i checked in charged my credit card as i wanted to pay in cash. He told me that booking.com charged me already fr my room and to fillow up the next day. Ao i called booking.com and found out that they dis not charge me on my credit card for room and that the hotwl did. I was not happy as the front desk person did not know what they were doing and misinformed me.

The hotel was nice and clean

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

• Traditional Double Room

Loud Noise from neighboring rooms and hallways from 12 mn to 4am . Not able to get a restful sleep ! Noise policy should be implemented after 10 pm or 12 mn once guests check in .

Close to everything

• Reviewed: 24 November 2016

• Traditional King Room

Access to elevator - we had vendors coming to take photos of us getting ready for our wedding and front desk gave them a hard time.

Front desk was great with joining our rooms due to 2 separate reservations

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

• Corner Room

I was disapointed that the the pool was out of commision. I really wanted to use it. Also the prices at the time were way to high.

I like the hotel alot the staff most of the time is very good.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

• Traditional King Room

Parking should have been included. Only one ice machine for guests and located on 10th floor. Only one soda machine and located on 2nd floor in back of fitness center. Carpet in room dirty and stained. Hallway noises get through with no acoustic blocking. No van service to nearby shopping mall but if you wanted to go to Vancouver it would take you to the sky-rail. Wife forced to walk several blocks in rain. Not happy at all.

Location. Wife found restaurant good with nice wait staff.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

• Traditional King Room with City View

Trying to get a fridge for my daughter milk was like pulling teeth. Never got one eother. Never liked that at all. Got charged for a night we nevery stayed. The only one that helped us was the bell boy. He was awsome. Everyone else said have to wait.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

• Club King Mountain Room

The complimentary breakfast for upgrading to the club level was poor, limited options in a very small "Club" room, no tables available so ended up going to the restaurant and spending $60 extra for a decent breakfast, which was actually very good but regret paying for the upgrade.

Nice enough room and view. Restaurant staff.

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

• Traditional King Room with City View

The person at the front desk was not very friendly when we checked in. Then we see a sign that says the pool/hot tub was closed the whole weekend. We specifically booked a hotel with a pool. She looks at us and says "its on our website". We went through booking.com and did not see it. It was not on our confirmation either. Never greeted us or welcomed us acted a bit inconvenienced we were there. They charged $9 per night for parking, FYI. We never received our $5 credits towards our meals for not having our room turned down everyday (go green promotion). The hotel carpet was filthy and had big stains all over it. Room needed to be aired out. I will definitely stay elsewhere next time.

The bartender Cheryl I believe was her name was amazing. Friendly, helpful and made great drinks. The gentleman Steven was also nice. The housecleaning staff was friendly. Front desk lady, rude!

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

• Traditional Double Room with City View

Had 8 bags no help to assist with luggage . Sheraton is a big name and this was horrible take your own luggage on cart but first find one if you can.for amount you pay things should be taken care of as this is the business of hospitality . Never again .

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

• Club King Room

We did not use the originally offered CLUB facilities, simply because the kids were not allowed in. Even with 8 vouchers you expect that at least 2 out of 4 days we could take the kids for breakfast.

Nice rooms... Even with 4 kids... Mixed experience with this hotel...

• Reviewed: 13 August 2016

• Traditional King Room with Mountain View

Far away from Vancouver city center even if the hotel is very close to a big mall No safety box in the room No fridge in the room

Beautiful view Helpful Personnel Free internet and business center

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

• Traditional King Room with City View

Looked like the building needs some maintenance, wallpaper peeling, carpet rising. That is the only place I am aware in Surrey that requires payment for parking and I spent most of my life living there. Also didn't like that I did not find out about that little detail until I was checking in.

Pool, gym and spa facilities. Bed was comfortable

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

• Traditional King Room with Mountain View

Booking.com cancelled my booking without me knowing and keeps asking me for a review. Does this make sense?? I am extremely irritated that you cancelled my booking without notifying me! It was a good thing another group was able to add us to their room as the hotel was fully booked and they did not have another room for us. I will be warning others of this!! Booking.com you will not be getting any more business from me or my friends. Extremely disappointing and extremely annoyed. The hotel itself was very nice and accommodating.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

• Mountain Double Room

I had a family emergency, contacted them over close to 48 hours in advance because I was unable to make the trip. I was charged full price for a stay I couldn't make. Friendly, but unhelpful staff.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

• Corner Room

The location was a bit out of the way, not near the sky train. Not much bathroom amenities like shower cap. No fridge or safe.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was spacious and comfortable. The bed was also very comfortable. Great view from the window. Great breakfast.

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

• Traditional King Room with City View

Carpet should have been clean. It would have been better to include breakfast options

The hotel is in heart of Surrey and close to all the shopping and restaurants

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

• Traditional King Room with City View

They did not return items I left behind in the hotel, telling me the housekeepers 'couldn't find them'. Bulls***. I know exactly where I left them and the hotel staff kept the items for themselves. Also the housekeepers were incredibly rude and loud in the morning and I had to call three times for my room to be serviced after they failed to return to my room after my departure for the day. Was highly disappointed.

The beds were amazingly comfortable.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

• Club King Room

I stayed for 7 nites. Poor housekeeping. I came back at 4pm on 23/7 and nothing had been done to the room. On days when housekeeping was carried out, the bed still looked a mess. See the photos attached, see the pillows! Shampoo, body lotion, bath gel when finished were not replaced. Shower caps etc too. Their staff should have a checklist to replenish stuff right? Basic stuff like stationery also not provided. Bedroom slippers not provided, etc etc ... On 3 occasions at least we asked guest services to send over something. On each occasion we asked, when we asked for A we got B when the person delivers, why? The man who delivered to me on 23/7 evening sent hair conditioner instead of body lotion and he did not bring the cotton buds. Tried to explain what I wanted which were the cotton buds and cotton pieces, he then came back with a few pieces of plastic bags! Had to show him a sample before he could get me the right thing. Being a 4 Star hotel I would have expected a mini fridge and Safe in the room. Anyway the location is lousy if it's a holiday leisure trip. Takes 45 mins by sky train to downtown Vancouver. And the shuttle bus service stops at 10am for the morning session before resuming in the afternoon?!

The mini cheese croissants at the club lounge were 👍

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

• Traditional Double Room

The beds weren't quite as comfy as other Sheratons we've been at but still good. The bathroom is showing wear but still again very good compared to other chains.

Sheraton is always a great hotel and this is a very good location.

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

• Mountain Double Room

Customer service would need some improvement . We asked for plastic utensils and called room service but we were told to just go down to the restaurant and get what we need . Coffee was not refilled - supplies like brown sugar and cream . We literally have to list down and leave a note for housekeeping every day for the last 4 nights that we stayed . Toiletries were not complete .

The bed was comfy and the parking was so accessible . Mall is just right across the property .

• Reviewed: 8 July 2016

• Corner Room

I called to make a change 2 weeks before my stay. I also called to confirm the day before and they said I had an extra night booked. I corrected them and they said it shouldn't be a problem when I get there the next day. When I got to the hotel in the morning they said that neither room was ready (I only had 1 room booked) they said it would be ready in a couple of hours which was fine. When I went to check out the next day they said I had a second night paid for which I had specifically talked to the manager about the day before. So even after the manager said I was charged for 1 room for 1 night I ended up getting charged for 2 nights >:|

The room was a good size

• Traditional Double Room

It was quite and we had the best sleep and we had the pool to ourselves in the morning!!

everything

• Accessible Room

The staff were on strike and we were not advised at the time of our booking.

• Traditional Double Room

I need to pay extra for the parking.

The room is nice, and the bed is big.

the beds are delicious! they genuinely like dogs! always smiling staff! never heard a no :)

• Deluxe Double Queen Room

Hotel was clean staff was friendly and knowledgeable

No convenience store

Comfortable

• Traditional King Room

Curtains blocked outside light well

• Traditional Double Room

The bed was comfy I like my room.

• Traditional King Room

I stayed short time. specially thanks to nicko He helped me a lot and upgrade my room