Reviews of Skyline Hotel & Waterpark 3 stars

4800 Bender Hill, L2G 3K1 Niagara Falls, Canada

#37 of 103 hotels in Niagara Falls

Never again
    • Traditional Two Queen Room

I thought the water park was included with the rooms that was a surprise.2 nights 300$+150$ and a drink for my son came out to $570 that's too much never going back to Niagara falls and breakfast at Perkins 1adult 2 kids 80$ come on that's over priced.

• Traditional Two Queen Room

Final price end up being 2 hundred more than the orignal price, 500 plus and waterpark tickets were not even included. We had to wait half hour more pass our check in time because our room was not ready

Overall our stay is great and we had fun..we definitely come back to skyline
    • Traditional Two Queen Room

We are a family of coffe lovers at least put more coffee pack in yhe room....

Its a walking distance to the water park and to all if the attractions nearby..parking is great.

Had a wonderful time at the falls.
    • Traditional Two Queen Room

The hotel is a bit dated for the price. Also, there were wine bottles and pizza boxes left outside the rooms in the hallway for 2 days.

The staff were very nice and the location is ideal and within walking distance to most attractions at the Falls.

Nice place for a quick geyaway
    • Traditional Two Queen Room

The hotel is clean and well kept for its age. Some areas could use a bit of a refresh.

Staff are unfailingly helpful and friendly. Location is great - only a few mins walk from the heart of the action, but far enough away that it is quiet in the evenings.

Room had a very nice appearance and was clean.
    • Traditional Two Queen Room and 4 Waterpark Passes

Parking at the hotel was very minimal so we had to park across the street.

Room had a very nice appearance and was clean. It’s very close to the Falls and Clifton Hill. It was very nice to be able to use the waterpark passes on both the check-in/out days.

The staff were nice and helpful.
    • Traditional Two Queen Room

Long checkin line. Carpets in the room are very stained. One of the beds was not very stable.

The staff were nice and helpful. Movies for kids every night

I liked the skyline and staff
    • Traditional Two Queen Room

Booking.com I did not like how I was not informed that the water park passes are not included in stay I was under the impression from speaking with an agent that they were included also told that I could pay cash for the price agreed then find out when getting there they wanted a 2 or 300 hundred dollar deposit if paying cash witch I was also not told. Then got over charged at check inn.

I liked the skyline and staff

Son's birthday trip.
    • Junior Studio and 4 Waterpark Passes

The front desk was super busy. Got all the way to my room and realized he didn't put key cards in the envelope. . The package was also missing the coupons that it said it came with. I would have paid extra if breakfast came with the room.

Easy access to waterpark and close to all attractions and restaurants.

We stayed at the Skyline for 2 nights and the hotel is not...
    • Traditional Two Queen Room

We stayed at the Skyline for 2 nights and the hotel is not clean . It’s too much dust and the sink was rusty. The paid for $531.76 and I was charged for a Resort fee for $12.95 a day and I am not satisfied. My sister got an e mail from the customer service of hotel regarding my bill / receipt for the Skyline. I am the one who booked the hotel why e mail goes to her . It’s invading my privacy . The only good thing is the location is nice and accessible but the front desk was not nice when we checked out . She is not accommodating at all because I was asking her why you e mail my sister . I am the one who booked and she told me it’s in the system which I really don’t know because my sister booked for her family . It’s frustrating. I hope the management have to do something because we spent money and we deserved a better treatment . I hope they can e mail me explain to me . You have my e mail . Please .

Terrible We have stayed at this hotel for 5-6 years every summer
    • Traditional Two Queen Room and 4 Waterpark Passes

Wow Hotel room smelled nasty Like wet carpet or wet dog Very nasty TV hardly worked Has aomeone try to fix it 3 times Fire alarm in room wa blinking red So dead battery NOT HAPPY Manager Sara was amazing

Only liked that the hotel is connected to the water park, convenient with kids

The manager really went all out to make me feel comfortable...
    • Traditional Two Queen Room

The 1st room very dirty. But 2nd room was very nice and quite.

The manager really went all out to make me feel comfortable and the rest of our anniversary enjoyable. It's our 2nd time staying at that hotel. All in all I only had that one bad experience. But they really went all out to make sure the rest of our stay enjoyable.

Very disappointed which I need to move out and transfer to another hotel as soon as possible.
    • Traditional Two Queen Room

The carpet smell is unhealthy.

The carpet of the property is really stinky that triggers my mind grain gives me headache and feling unwell due to the smells of the whole carpet so I need to move out the next day.

• Traditional Two Queen Room and 4 Waterpark Passes

Did not know it was grade 8 grad week kids were very noisy some compensation was offered. Did not realise waterpark in 4 stories up on the roof and my son is deathly afraid of heights, so we only tried to go once.

the staff was very kind and bumped us up to a suite since we...
    • Traditional Two Queen Room

the pictures are a bit deceiving. hotel needs updating - stains on rugs and rugs are curling up. the couch in the suite looked half eaten. i did not let the kids sit on it.

the staff was very kind and bumped us up to a suite since we were staingfor 6 days. the location was off the main strip so it was not too loud and it was easy to walk to all attractions.

Amazing yet again we will be.
    • Traditional Two Queen Room

The only small issue was the key card would not stay programmed

The staff is amazing, rooms are clean, overall excellent every time we go. They have so many children's activities it is wonderful.

Fun for the family
    • Traditional Two Queen Room

The rooms are quite old - but effort has been made to make them comfortable.

They upgraded us to a bunk bed room which my two-year-old thought was the best thing ever.

Kids liked the motel-like courtyard design of the hotel.
    • Traditional Two Queen Room and 4 Waterpark Passes

Didn't match the price as advertised although same room, same package, same date was found cheaper with another agent.

Kids liked the motel-like courtyard design of the hotel. Very easy access to waterpark. There is a movie every night for kids in courtyard.

Wouldn't go back
    • Traditional Two Queen Room and 4 Waterpark Passes

No communication about the water park and how my children weren't tall enough to enjoy anything in there but the wave pool and outdoor pool. Didnt explain the parking very well drove around for 15 mins looking for the parking garage they mentioned but it was over a couple blocks not just across the street.

Extremely disappointing
    • Traditional Two Queen Room

We had no room service, no special requests no real interaction with the staff at all and for a five night stay the list of additional fees went onto a second page. Don't confuse this with Great Wolf Lodges where the Waterpark is included. Everything... absolutely everything is an additional fee. The final bill was much higher than what booking.com suggested.

was alright right. but the cost wasnt worth the stay!
    • Traditional Two Queen Room

When booking its says skyline & water park.. So uyou assume when booming with the hotel the water park is free.. Nope costed me $120 extra!!! If i would have know this a head of time i would have went thou great wold lodge! The price wasnt worth $360 a night! Not to mention our room smelt like urine an our room door was jammed none stop tonget in!

The location was great

Amazing
    • Traditional Two Queen Room

The hold they keep on your card when checking in

The staff was very friendly especially after my kids kept on running through the hotel lobby. The vicinity was impeccably clean. They did everything to make us feel comfortable

The location was perfect!
    • Traditional Two Queen Room

The bed was uncomfortable. Didn’t even drink and it was like waking up hungover. You could feel the springs in it.

The location was perfect! Right down on Clifton hill, 30 second walk to the casino, a 1 minute walk to all the amenities, 5 minute walk to the falls.

Perfect location , near water park , Niagara Falls and...
    • Traditional Two Queen Room and 4 Waterpark Passes

Long waiting time in check in

Perfect location , near water park , Niagara Falls and Clifton hill. I Recommend this hotel for families with kids. You can leave your car in parking even after check out.

Overall it was comfortable I like the fact that the movie theater for little kids to watch a movie
    • Traditional Two Queen Room and 4 Waterpark Passes

Didn't like you had to put a deposit down even though you had a credit card for the room didn't like the fact that I have native status and I still have to pay taxes and the price that I booked it for should of included taxes

It was good location like the fact that you did get passes to the water park

Location, but didn’t realize all the little fees they add to...
    • Traditional Two Queen Room

Location, but didn’t realize all the little fees they add to the bill. When you think your getting a deal on booking.com your really not . 119.00 on booking .combit comes out to be 180.00 with all the fees . Resort fee not sure why where paying for that I, I already paid for waterpasses . I will not go back probably go to Americana much cheaper and waterpark included

A great family getaway!
    • Traditional Two Queen Room and 4 Waterpark Passes

Our room didn't have an outside window and we found we really heard our neighbours. Only quiet between 11 and 7am.

The hotel was very well kept, nice rooms and great easy access to the waterpark! Walking distance to all the fun, so you can park your car and just enjoy!

Great family-fun and wonderful facility when visiting Niagara Falls, Ontario
    • Traditional Two Queen Room

The bathroom fan shut off at night time and then came on again automatically in the morning. The room had a bit of a musty smell when the fan was off. A little better circulation/venting would be nice, but otherwise everything was great!

Every staff member that we dealt with went above and beyond to make sure that we had an enjoyable stay. Staff was friendly, accommodating and 'layed back'. We were made to feel most welcome! It was nice to have a room overlooking the courtyard because my grandson was able to make some new friends with the children there and we were able to keep an eye on him from the comfort our room. Children's movie night was so much fun! Easy access to the waterpark so we did not have to wear our street clothes to the park.

If u forget something in there, say it good bye!!
    • Traditional Two Queen Room

Unfortunetly I gotta say that I couldnt rest properly cuz some guys stayed in the courtyard til overnight talking and laughing too loud, besides this my wife forgot her sneakers in the room , a day after I called the lost and found department (housekeeping) and they said there's not shoes found, it is a shame this hotel dont pay enough to their workers and the keep ur belongings, Imma never coming back to this place.

Great place for families because of indoor court yards.
    • Traditional Two Queen Room

Room 1604 the room vibrates until 10:30pm and starts at 8am. There was dusty areas in the room and cobweb in the bathroom.

Close to the water park, Clifton Hill and the falls. The in house staff were friendly.

It was fair, it could have been a better experience
    • Traditional Two Queen Room and 4 Waterpark Passes

The room is not sound proof. We can hear the kids kicking the wall from the next room, crying and running around. The room did not smell clean when we open the door. The curtains does not fully close and people from outside can see you.

Accessibility of the water park is very good

Convenient location.
    • Junior Studio and 4 Waterpark Passes

First room was what we booked. One child was left without a bed. The room was not clean with what appeared to be vomit on the carpet as well as garbage food in corner of room. We were upgraded immediately and were very satisfied with the room we were given. Amazing location. Walking distance to clifton. The kids loved the water park.

Convenient location.

Excellent stay for individual or groups of families with children.
    • Traditional Two Queen Room

They could use a larger check-in desk with more staff/stations. Also, a separate station (not so close to the front door) to address minor concerns/issues (lost keys, etc.) would be helpful.

Skywalk to the waterpark, family movie nights & popcorn.

Bla
    • Traditional Two Queen Room

The word water park attached to the name is very deceiving, through booking.com it sounded like the water park and parking was included, but no, for an additional charge my stay was surprisingly more expensive.

Best part was the easy access to the fallsview indoor...
    • Traditional Two Queen Room

Beds weren’t very comfy, pillows were awful. Very loud with children running around. They should designate areas with young families to one area and people who would like a quieter stay to another part of the hotel

Best part was the easy access to the fallsview indoor Waterpark. Very convenient

Overpriced
    • Traditional Two Queen Room and 4 Waterpark Passes

We booked this for a 12 yr olds birthday. The kids had no tv to watch once the water park closed due to a problem with their cable. Towels were hard like sandpaper, room was very small and dark. This place is way overpriced for what you receive. Staff at front counter yet did not ask how our stay was when we departed.

Loved the country yards ans that theu jad movies at 8pm with...
    • Traditional Two Queen Room and 4 Waterpark Passes

No cover from main parking garage to hotel and the jets in the hot tub very low and no sauana

Loved the country yards ans that theu jad movies at 8pm with popcorn for the kids

Waterpark not included
    • Traditional Two Queen Room

Very old and over priced, bathroom tub had hair still there in the corner from someone shaving. Lighting was very poor and parking spots small. Biggest disappointment was that the waterpark cost was not included. Therefore the property was way overpriced for what we got

Location and skywalk to water park

My family will not use this hotel again.
    • Traditional Two Queen Room

Cleaning of room did not occur, paying for parking although you were a hotel guest. Court 2 for kids under 12, we were traveling with 16yo and annoyed at noise level.

Hotel location was excellent, within walking distance to tons of activity

You deserve what you pay for.
    • Family Bunk Bed Two Queen Room and 4 Waterpark Passes

The bathroom is a little bit small. The room has cobwebs. Vending machine for coffee was broken. The brightness of the lights is not adjustable. No kid friendly channels.

I like that is very convenient to restaurants and attractions. My daughter loved the water park.

My kids had a blast in the waterpark. The room was neat and tidy when we came in.
    • Junior Studio and 4 Waterpark Passes

My daughter spilt some water on the floor. I put a towel down to soak it up and I picked up the towel there was huge yellow marks all over it! Floors could use a good steam cleaning soon.

The staff was friendly and the room was fantastic.

It's deceiving to have the hotel name with the waterpark since it kind allow people to think it is
    • Traditional Two Queen Room

I thought our package included the waterpark since the hotel name says waterpark it's deceiving and price offered st another hotel included them with the price we paid. also there were sewage smells noted in the hallway walking to the room and iRec items thrown in the hallway in the morning kids 5-6 of them running the halls at 8 am

Like the indoor access to the waterpark and movie night

Parking is very inconvenient.
    • Traditional Two Queen Room

Parking is very inconvenient.. the promotion is very tricky letting you believe that the overnight stay comes with the Waterpark fee.. The hotel is not sound proof you hear everything very noisy..

Enjoyed our stay
    • Traditional Two Queen Room

When booking the room it should have stated that the waterpark fees would be additional. I was quite disappointed. Also the March break coupon book had a bumper car voucher. When we went my 7 year old son was unable to go on at all. I was surprised because he usually would be able to with an adult.

We enjoyed our stay. I was disappointed that when I booked the waterpark was not included and didn't find out until checking on that I would have to pay an additional cost. We enjoyed the room and the set up. The kids loved the catwalk to the waterpark.

I like the familiarity of staying here.
    • Traditional Two Queen Room

The bed sheets and comforter wore covered in pubic hair. That was so disgusting. The staff changed sheets right away, however I was disappointed since I’ve stayed here nothing like has ever happened

I like the familiarity of staying here. I like the location I think the courtyards are cute

We had a great time once parked.
    • Traditional Two Queen Room and 4 Waterpark Passes

The parking is a little tight to get in & out of. Check in parking was really narrow and hard to get into and get out of.

Everyone was helpful and friendly.

Hotel was great.
    • Traditional Two Queen Room

The Perkins Family restaurant is the worst restaurant ever. Terrible food for big bucks. McDonalds is a step up!

Hotel was great. Movies for the kids was a nice extra. Beds were comfortable and it’s a very short way to the water park.

We had a great time and look forward to returning soon :)
    • Junior Studio and 4 Waterpark Passes

I felt that check in time was too late in the day.

We enjoyed the room and the court was a great place for our children to meet and hangout with other kids after the water park is shut down

Access to the water park from of check in to day of check...
    • Traditional Two Queen Room and 4 Waterpark Passes

To much construction and renovation happening in the hear of the city and many of the restaurants and attractions were closed. This information would have been helpful prior to our stay.

Access to the water park from of check in to day of check out.

Enjoy the time I spent. Staff was wonderful
    • Traditional Two Queen Room

All children under the age of 12 should be supervised. Play should be in the area design for play and not in the hallways.

Everything except the noise of kids running after 10pm.

The room was nice but they put us right where the movie...
    • Traditional Two Queen Room and 4 Waterpark Passes

No elevater to the water park had to carry the stroller up stairs

The room was nice but they put us right where the movie screen comes down and we had a three year old and a baby

I'd probably not stay again!
    • Traditional Two Queen Room and 4 Waterpark Passes

I was told by booking the price was 269 and they charged my card 337 to resort fees plus $20 for parking plus another $4 some other thing beware, they Jack up the pricing once your there! Not worth the extra $'s!

It was clean

The room was obviously not cleaned well before we arrived.
    • Traditional Two Queen Room and 4 Waterpark Passes

The room was obviously not cleaned well before we arrived. I found old food and a baby soother in room. Also they had children stay on the room up top of us which was very annoying. As the children were running around so much all you could hear was pounding at night and early morning.

The lady at the front desk was friendly n insist that i...
    • Traditional Two Queen Room

Not enough light in the room that work

The lady at the front desk was friendly n insist that i called the third party company that I didn't pay twice

Location was great
    • Traditional Two Queen Room

It was very loud. Could hear the guest next door talking while in our room and could hear the guest upstairs walking around. Too loud wall we’re to thin.

Location was great

Not as good as it could of been with small children
    • Traditional Two Queen Room

Noise of unsupervised hallways at night, allowing older children to run around keeping young children awake after 12:30 am !!!

Quick access to Waterpark

Good value for your money if you're doing the family thing at the water park.
    • Traditional Two Queen Room and 4 Waterpark Passes

Court yards and rooms are looking a little run down. Maybe time for a refresh.

Great location to access the Water Park and the other Clifton Hill attractions! And within walking distance to a view of the falls.

Comfortable, glad it was only a short stay, great location
    • Family Bunk Bed Two Queen Room

The rooms weren't as they looked in the advertised picture. The family area was not as nice as the rest of the hotel. Felt like an old Hotel trying to be a new Hotel. Price was a little high considering the called themselves a resort.

It was walking distance to everything we wanted to do. We could fit our family of 6 comfortably in the room and everything was comfortable and fairly clean.

Outdated dingy money pit stay elsewhere.
    • Traditional Two Queen Room

As soon as we checked in they surprised me by informing me that the rate that I booked did not include the waterpark. It is called the Skyline Hotel & Waterpark there was nothing to indicate that the waterpark was separate nor was their an option to add the waterpark. Learning this at check out almost tripled the amount of my stay. In addition to making me purchase the water park bracelets they made me buy water park passes for myself and my wife who were not partaking in the water park but they said in order to accompany our children we needed to buy them. After this money grab we decided to eat at the Perkins restaurant attached to the hotel I hadn't seen a Perkins in the US in years and was excited to share a place that I worked at as a teenager with my kids. When I looked at the menu my head spun they wanted $20.00 Canadian for a burger and fries I figured I'd come ahead with the exchange rate. It was still robbery I paid over $125.00 Canadian for greasy junk for 4 people including the tip. Next we checked into our dingy outdated room so we could go to our ultra expensive waterpark. The room had no natural lighting was extremely outdated and cramped. The waterpark was also very dirty and overcrowded. After the waterpark we had a lot of fun on Clifton Hill doing family activities. Here's the kicker even though it was winter in Canada and relatively cold outside our room was like a sauna when we got back in at 930 pm. We turned our thermostat all the down to realize that neither the heat or AC worked. We called the front desk to send someone up after an hour a man came up with a desk fan, yes a desk fan didn't even attempt to look at our room unit handed us the fan and said in his exact words "most people set it on top of the TV" meaning that this is a consistent problem.

Very close to Clifton Hill and all of the activities that the area has to offer.

Too many charges!
    • Traditional Two Queen Room and 4 Waterpark Passes

Too many charges! From $260 to $345 for a 2 queen beds room. Never gonna stay in a 3 star hotel for that price again. It was $259 when I booked. Very disappointed.

It was fun
    • Traditional Two Queen Room and 4 Waterpark Passes

The wave pool was shut down multiple times in the pm...the hot tubs were drained at 630 for cleaning??

staff at the hotel were great...staff at booking.com were not...book directly with the hotel for a better cheaper experience

Everythg was great.
    • Family Bunk Bed Two Queen Room and 4 Waterpark Passes

Everythg was great. No complaints. Kids love the bunk beds. The Queen beds are extra comfy. I even live the ANTENNA TV channel where I can watch all the shows I grew up on. Loved that!!! My family & I had a great time! I always choose it for the mere fact that I can go straight to the Waterpark from the inside & it’s connected to the hotel. THAT’S the selling point for me! Awesome!

Its close to downtown niagara.
    • Traditional Two Queen Room

The reception space is awful plus no parking at all. We had to park all the way across to casino.

Its close to downtown niagara. They actually have a movie night for the kids which is something new.

Alright I guess for the price
    • Traditional Two Queen Room

Carpet looked gross beds and pillows not comfortable. There was tomato sauce on our comforters when we got to the room obviously they didn't wash or change them.

Good from far & Far from good
    • Traditional Two Queen Room and 4 Waterpark Passes

The room were clean but at night time there is like no oxygen unless you keep the door open because the rooms don't have any windows

The only thing I like about this hotel was the location because downtown was right next to it

Fun for a quick vacation
    • Family Bunk Bed Two Queen Room and 4 Waterpark Passes

No coffee in the lobby. Didn’t receive a voucher for Starbucks on arrival day when I decided room service as promised on the website. Line to check in was more than slow. Room and water package was quite pricey.

Nice size Waterpark for little ones and older kids and adults. Surprisingly good food at the Waterpark grill for a fair price. Rooms are ok size but if you want to go out to eat you do have to leave the hotel and go outside across the street to get to all the restaurants. Minor inconvenience but it was cold out.

Good overall
    • Traditional Two Queen Room and 4 Waterpark Passes

The water slides for the smaller children need mats or something at the ends my son went down (2 years of age) and when he got to the bottom he just stopped causing him to hit his back and get a bruise

I enjoyed that you had a movie playing for the children and some extra bonding time

Too bad won't be going back based on noise.
    • Traditional Two Queen Room

This was our second stay and we know its geared to famlies but literally there were kid running up and down and in the courtyard at 730 sunday morning. When we looked outside we noticed there were around 15 kids and parents all mulling around. Yes kids need to have fun but this was over the top.

Direct quick acces to waterpark you literally connect by an over the lot walkway frpm the hotel.

Great for a short stay with the family; but would warn couples not to pick this hotel.
    • Traditional Two Queen Room

Kids running around at 7:30 am down the hall ways and round the courtyard! I called the front desk but they didn't do anything about it. No coffee up in the lobby. I don't like using the in room coffee makers (not sure how they're cleaned) so I had to go to Perkins next door and pay 6+ for 2 medium coffees (minor detail but input to the management). Like everyone else in this region you'll be hit with the taxes and resort fees (joke, it's not a resort) and over priced parking.

the location was the best part and it was family friendly. A bunch of stuff within walking distance. This was the families first trip to this area and it's pretty amazing to see the falls.

Great family vacation.
    • Traditional Two Queen Room and 4 Waterpark Passes

The bathroom seemed pretty small as well as the room. There were people, I’m assuming children, running up and down the hallways above us until late into the night.

The water park was great. My family really enjoyed it as well as the movie playing at the courtyard 2

Disappointing & very disrespectful to our family, especially to our youth.
    • Traditional Two Queen Room and 4 Waterpark Passes

The security was terrible. They blamed our children for things the "hockey" kids were doing and even though the hotel staff attempted to tell security it was not our kids they felt it necessary to "discipline" them and tell them they could not sit quietly at the tables in our court yard area. The man even said that the parents were "stupid" for telling the kids to keep the doors agar so they could visit their cousins in the two next rooms without needing to remember the swipe card. there were 13 of us in three different room there to celebrate my Grand daughters 16th birthday and it was very dissappointing for the children to be so disrespected. The "hockey" kids were unsupervised & running the halls and courtyards playing hockey etc. but our kids were not part of that & should not have been blamed!

the room was fine, the checking in staff were great.

clean property well kept and great location.
    • Traditional Two Queen Room

Could not find staff when needed. The plug recepticles would not hold a cord in them they were worn out and when trying to plug in our device sparks came from the recepticle. Our shower did not work properly when pulling up the lever to turn on the shower it did not completely come on so water was coming out of both the shower head and the tap. Which caused the tub to fill up quickly while trying to shower.

clean property well kept and great location.

Would not be coming again
    • Traditional Two Queen Room and 4 Waterpark Passes

I paid for parking and had to park across the street. Also both days we booked the waterpark and both times the pool was closed for "fouling". Was very frustrating.

It easy overpriced and not a good standard
    • Traditional Two Queen Room and 4 Waterpark Passes

The room was smelly. Kettle didn't work. Noise from rooms above was terrible. It was very expensive and not good value for money

The access to the waterpark was good.

Stay was good.
    • Traditional Two Queen Room

Because I chose to pay cash I had to leave a cash deposit of 200.00. My feeling my sister and I are seniors limited budget and really would two elderly lafies damage. Room. We were refunded the two hindered at check out but it put a damper on spending for the day! One thing I think isn’t fair with the Waterpark facility my grandson went in at six pm. Facility closed at 8:00pm he was charged a full price for his time in water park it should have been half price. The reason we chose that hotel is for him to use water park I would not probably book that hotel for water park again as it is expensive.

Everything was fine