Reviews of Four Points by Sheraton St. Catharines Niagara Suites 3 stars

3530 Schmon Parkway, L2V 4Y6 Thorold, Canada

#1 of 2 hotels in Thorold

• Family Suite

Family suite was large, comfortable and clean! 6 adults and 2 bathrooms worked out well! Beds were comfortable. Staff was friendly and accommodating. Breakfast was delicious!

• King Suite - Disability Access

Hotel is old and charged too high on pet accommodation, even new hotel at Niagara region only charge $25 but this hotel charge $50, also water pressure no good, need run water for a longer period to get hold of hot water, will not come to this hotel again! There are 2 newer hotels - StayBridge & Holiday Inn Express with similar rate and pets only charge at $25, will stay with them next time.

Free parking

• Suite

I didn’t like the big centipedes that were in my room. I stayed for 3 days and two out of the three days I was startled by the bugs. One was in the bathroom and the other was beside the bed. Had a hard time sleeping knowing there could have been a centipede near me while I slept.

The food and staff were amazing. I felt it was a home away from home.

• Suite

Tea and coffee making facilities but no coffee and only two tea bags

Loved space in suite and fridge. Beds extremely comfy. Breakfast very tasty with lovely, friendly waitress

• King Suite

Room could have done with a coat of paint -tired looking

I liked the separate bedroom. It also had small kitchen space and a sofa bed for kids. Good family setup.

• Suite

The decor is dated, ceiling needs repair, also find lighting dim in sitting room.

Room size was larger than expected, quiet confortable sleep. Near fast food restaurants. Pool is small but nice and warm. Fast checkin.

• Suite

Exceptionally close to Brock university, the hotel is excellent for academic visitors such as myself. Very comfortable beds, delicious breakfast, friendly staff.

• Suite

Breakfast was meh and expensive actually it was good the potatoes sucked, and not your fault but it was dead everynight just me and my dad, more people would of lent to the atmosphere...

Nice restaurant i think i polished off the jamesons whiskey... the wings were excellent.... nice atmosphere.

• Suite

Bed squeaked with the slightest movement. Found it challenging to get water in shower completely turned off.

Liked the space and setup. Comfortable for several people. Liked two TV s especially one in bedroom.

Nothing to complain about

Excellent value for the money. Enjoyed our stay and will be back again. We stayed here several years ago and it was just as good as the first time.

• Queen Suite

We have stayed here for many years. While everything is great the rooms, while always clean, are starting to show there age a little.

Room size is excellent.

• King Suite

The breakfast. The scrambled eggs were wholly lacking seasoning and had no buttery flavour. The bacon was tasteless (how does one achieve that? Bacon with zero taste of bacon). The sausage tasted foul. The potatoes were very good. Coffee was meh.

• Suite

That there was only one entrance. Plus there was not a lot of available information about food nearby in the room.

The pool area was nice and it has a nice hot tub. It could use a bigger hotub that fits more than 4 people. This area seems to draw a number of large groups and teams. The gym area was excellent. The lobby is very nice. The rooms were a decent size.

Noisy room

Hotel was good,beds were not comfortable. what makes me disappointed was that I charged much more than what booking confirmed to me and no one is response! I worte email to booking they refer me to Hotel and hotel didn't answer me!They return part but not all. We always booked our trip through booking but this was my last time!I believe that booking should response for what offered to me.

• King Suite

No the bed killed my back. We were very disappointed we were in room 3022 the furthest room in the building I would say, no elevator on that side of building it seemed there was only one in the building. We also had absolutely NO INTERNET SERVICE on Friday 9/29 at all, Saturday we had a little service but kept going in and out so I couldn't even get any of my work done due to that reason.

Friendly people

• Suite

The fact that other occupants where allowed to have there pets barking all night long keeping us awake and the staff did nothing about the situation. The fact that the first room we checked into had a flooded bathroom the room should have been inspected before it was rented.

The proximity to Brock University

• Suite

I was only 30 min late for the check out, they were not flexible at all and even I only spend one night that's they charged me for a full 2 days, at the end was very expensive for me, and when I try to avoid the extra charge she was very u easy, defensive and a little rud. I will never come back to this specific hotel or recommend to any one. Thank

I like the proximity to the university was very convenient

• Suite

Rooms are a bit tired. I've stayed before and the carpets are getting quite dingy. The restaurant was better years ago.

The bed was very comfortable, there was plenty of room and the staff were friendly. Appreciated the free coffee in the lobby and the free Globe and Mail.

• Suite

When we travel we always book a room with kitchenette. It was very disappointing that there were no supplies. Not a dish, knife, glass, absolutely nothing but the paper cups and coffee maker. Rather odd. Staff was very accommodating when we asked to borrow a few things from the dining room. Windows in the suite do not open. Could be a problem if you like fresh air.

Staff is very pleasant and accommodating. Good location. Very clean.

• King Suite

The room was clean but could use a fresh coat of paint, and the shower head could be taller, husband is 6'4 and had to been down to get head wet.

The restaurant had good food.

• Suite

one of the mattresses sagged in the middle (room 2013, bed by the window) . We had to switch beds as my daughter and her daughter rolled to the middle all night and it was uncomfortable for two people

pillows were great

• Suite

Missing one curtain panel in the oval bedroom windows so some light got in.

Pillows so comfy. Surprized by room size. Super close to Brock. We were there for a tour.

• Suite

Some from desk staff and housekeeping staff could have been more friendly, and a bit more informed about the area.

Spacious suites, very comfortable beds, pillows. Great for families. BEAUTIFUL facilities. Breakfast was good, a bit expensive and some days it was buffet, other days by plate. Not sure how they decided which was which.

• King Suite

Was not able to check in even 15 minutes early in order to get cleaned up , changed and make a wedding on time. The whole purpose of my trip.

Everything was very comfortable and clean, no real disappointment other than the answer below.

• Suite

About the only thing that went wrong on our trip, is that the door cards didn't activate correctly, and it meant an extra trip back down to the lobby. The staff were very good at correcting the error and getting me into my room without too much delay.

The room was very nice, clean and functional. The bathroom shower was amazing. The beds were extremely comfortable. I liked the layout of the room, with the bedroom being separate with a door. The staff were very friendly. I liked the fact that the Hotel was only 5 minutes from the Wedding/Reception site, so driving was a minimum. There was ample parking and the best thing it was free. I wish that we would have had more time to enjoy the other amenities as they were very inviting.

• Suite

I was pleased that the rooms and bathrooms were clean, NO bed bugs, beds were comfortable, however the rooms needed some updating. The sofa and chair in the living area were well worn and need replaced, the mattress on the pull out sofa was ripped and had a big stain on it. The bathroom countertops were Formica and faucet fixtures were old as well. Time for renovation.

The hotel was clean and so was the pool. The last day we ate at the hotel restaurant and the food was excellent. There was a good variety of breakfast items to choose from.

• Suite

For our second stay we were in a room that still had to be renovated and the furnishings were a little tired.

Restaurant staff were extremely friendly and helpful.

• Suite

The restaurant food (dinner) was disappointing. The coffee in the lobby was also below average.

The separate sitting room. Two flat-screen TVs, one in the bedroom and one in the sitting room.

• Suite

I extended my stay First for one day and then another. It would have been better if the desk staff alerted me to the fact that my room key would need Re-activation each time. Both times I learned the hard way - going to the room and not being able to get in. Bed was ok, not great from a comfort perspective. A bit sloped to the middle.

Suite style gave us ample room unlike typical hotel room.

• Suite

This room was well well put together but sadly the bathroom wasn't finished right. Old tub. The lighting was tacky and trashy in the bathroom. A tube light across with no fixtures. The biggest problem is one elevator system in the middle and our room being on the other end of the hotel. When traveling with disabled guests this is a lot of hauling. The gym was sad and old and had dirty glass view to the pool. Don't use cash in the restaurant if u don't have CAD. They only do a fixed 1oo to 110 conversion.

Very nice staff, everyone was friendly. The rooms were very clean and pool was relaxful. The restaurant staff we knowledgeable. The lobby was very well kept and the staff seemed to care. The whirlpool was well kept. The AC was one point. The seating in the room was cozy. The dining table was very useful

• Suite

Offered complimentary coffee in the lobby until 9:00. I went to get a second cup at 8:50 and the coffee was gone. The desk assistant said they would not refill the coffee this close to 9:00.

Very friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 5 February 2017

• Suite

We used the pull out couch to sleep on and as with most the mattress was not comfortable at all, possibly something padded to put on top would be helpful. Having 2 flat sheets for it was not good, they came off all night

Staff was friendly suite was great for myself and 2 teenagers Restaurant on site was convenient Close to all amenities we were looking for

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

• Queen Suite

The bed was not the most comfortable, and the pillows were the worst for a hotel. It would be nice if could be offered soft and hard pillows, clearly marked that both options are available. IE: Holiday Inn offers clearly marked pillows "soft" and "hard".

Spent a lot of time at the pool, the pool facilities were very clean. Loved the suite. Room set up is great. Will definitely be back

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

• Suite

I laid more for included breakfast 1 was 2 adult and 2 kids....my kids can not eat free they gave me only breakfasr for 2..that was never show in my reservation and i paid more. The waitress was so bad. No smile arrogant with no patience. And i paid for the kids of course

Confort

• King Suite

Nothing all excellent apart from slight booking system errors.

The three rooms that we took for both family suite and presidential suite and King Suite as a couple on separate occasions over the Christmas period were excelllent. The gym and pool were excellent.

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

• Suite

hotel was much better than depicted. location was fine once we found it . arrived at night and strange area but once we asked locals was ok. close to penn center and tanger outlets and brock university. short drive to the falls and Niagara on the lake. would stay there again when visiting family.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

• King Suite

We had a dog and were booked into an end room. We had to go all the way back to the main entrance to get back to our room. A card reader access at the end doors would be nice.

Restaurant was excellent, great food.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

The temperature in the rooms were a bit warm. However, this could be adjusted.

The hotel was wonderful. The staff were very helpful in answering questions and assisting with concerns.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

• Queen Suite

The rooms could use some updating. Some especially need renovating. We asked to be moved to another room because of this. This room was much better.

The hotel property is very spacious. The free parking was good. The layout and size of suites were quite good also. Nice fitness facilities and indoor pool. On-site restaurant/ bar is quite good too. Conveniently located to St. Catherine's and Niagara-on-the Lake.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

• Suite

I think it was all beautiful and very clean but to big for me. I was traveling alone, so maybe a smaller room it would be exellent and cheaper.

The location was exellent for me, very close to Brock University. The staff very nice, very cooperative because english language si not my native language so they were very nice.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

• King Suite

Staff didn't know what buses travel to Niagara Falls, Downtown St Catharines etc. Had to check out from google and other sources.

Although staff didn't know answers to some common questions, they were warm and friendly. It was an enjoyable experience speaking to them

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

• Suite

Ventilation noise during the night made it difficult to sleep It rained on the top floor corridor

Staff very friendly and helpful Excellent food in the restaurant Very good (and free) wifi everywhere

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

• Suite

Nothing everything was excellent. The only think that could be better is that could have some plates and cutlery in order to be able to use the kitchenet.

The location was great. We could get away for all the noise and never be far enough. Ideal if you have a car. The staff is fantastic, very polite and helpful. The hotel was very clean and the facilities excellent. Perfect choice!!

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

• Suite

Wonderfully comfy beds with fluffy pillows in cool, air-conditioned room, which was very welcome after heatwave in Ontario. Staff were great, room was lovely, all good.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

• Suite

We really liked everything about the hotel. There wasn't much nearby open after 8pm for food options or markets within walking distance.

The suite was perfect! We loved the full size dining table, the living area and separate bedroom with comfy, large beds. The grounds were peaceful and pretty and the staff was helpful. All this for a terrific price.

• Reviewed: 30 July 2016

• Family Suite

A little odd room size layout, the kids room had the bigger bath area and had 2 queen beds (hotel version of "queen"), the "master" room had one of the same "queen" beds and smaller bathroom, but it worked fine. Only 1 guest laundry washer and dryer for the whole place. Small refrigerator wouldn't hold restaurant carry out boxes, just drinks.

Nice concept, family suite really was a suite, two actual bedrooms with actual doors, two full bathrooms, plus a central living room and kitchen. Beds were firm but comfy. Nice pillows. Liked the shampoo and body wash dispensers mounted in shower with high quality products. Super! super! nice staff, very helpful!

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

• Family Suite

Pillows too soft. Breakfast room service not good. Breakfast was cold and food overly salted. No one ate the breakfast and cost us $82. Big waste of money.

Very clean and spacious facility.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

Very limited outdoor facilities. Limited to an underdeveloped patio in the restaurant. The restaurant is however good!

Generally good with very helpful front desk personnel

• Reviewed: 17 July 2016

• Suite

I have no complaints at all.

I really like the pool, hut tub, bedroom with a door in the suite as well as a separate dinning a kitchenette area. It is the perfect setup for a family. We have stayed there a few times and think it is a great value for the price and I 10 minutes from the fall.

• Reviewed: 14 July 2016

• Suite

It was a little strange that we were not allowed to have a key for our room. The staff had to accompany us to the room each time we came back and forth or even when we went to the pool.

Wonderful location. The hotel room was large, quiet, and comfortable. The staff was friendly and the facilities were well maintained.

• Reviewed: 11 July 2016

• Suite

I feel that $140/night necessitated complimentary pastries, fruit, juice and coffee for breakfast, at the very least. A set of 2-4 plastic plates, bowls and utensils would have made the kitchenette more functional.

The architecture of the building was breathtaking; customer service was impeccable; beds were unbelievably comfortable; just a few minutes from The Falls (with free parking); so appreciated the separate sitting room.

• Reviewed: 6 July 2016

• King Suite - Disability Access

staff was amazing. very helpful. plenty of space with separate living room and kitchenette. only 8 miles to the canadian falls. near wineries and golf courses. town has a locke where you can watch barges go from river to great lakes

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

• Suite

The staff wasn't necessarily rude or unhelpful... but they didn't make any effort to go out of their way to be friendly and welcoming, either. One of my favourite part of staying in hotels is the friendly faces and welcoming smiles you get at the front desk... something you don't get at this hotel.

Our suite was very spacious, extremely clean, and quite comfortable. The lobby is huge and very beautiful.

• Reviewed: 2 July 2016

• Suite

Unless the purpose of travel is related to Brock University, it is not clear why people would chose this hotel. However, it has easy access to the highway and road system so that if the primary purpose is the university, this allows easy access to other attractions.

Large, well laid out rooms

• Suite

Facility was a bit dated in terms of decor

Clean and location was great!

• Suite

The pull out sofa bed was not very comfortable.

Room size was great and the beds were comfortable. Great water pressure in the shower.

• Suite

Hiding fee that didn't come out in my online reservation and shock me on the counter. very uncomfortable experience.

• Queen Suite

The property did not have my reservation. I was very lucky that they had availability!!

• Suite

Far away from main attractions .

Friendly staff. Breakfast is pretty good

Price

Very beautiful foyer

• Suite

Did not visit restaurant !

Did not visit restaurant!

• Queen Suite

Remote. Need to drive to just about everything

Nice place

• Queen Suite

Did not like that there was no hot tub.

Liked the pool. Also liked that there was a separate living room.

• Suite

Not allowed of restaurants in the area

Beds were amazing

• Suite

Every staff member I encountered was friendly and helpful and made me feel at home. The room was spacious, comfortable and very clean.

• Suite

The environment around the hotel

• Suite

Nice restaurant and good value.

• Suite

Swimming pool area needs modernising

Fantastic breakfast and restaurant service. Worth booking breakfast in advance, it saved us 85 CAD

• Queen Suite

It was close t the university. the staff were awesome. I am planning on coming back in May

Love staying here.

Spacious

• King Suite

Front desk staff were great, room was nice and big

Outdated TV

• King Suite - Disability Access

Water appliances eg tap or shower were a bit dated but no grumbles at all.

Huge room, nice staff, good heating, massive comfy bed, clean everywhere

• Suite

Clean, spacious rooms; friendly & helpful staff,