Reviews of Hotel St-Denis 3 stars

1254 St-Denis, H2X3J6 Montréal, Canada

#41 of 134 hotels in Montréal

It was was comfortable and the staff very friendly and accommodating👍👍
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

I did not like anything! What was not optimal was that the bathroom was very smal. That being said it was very clean and modern and had all that was needed! We did not visit Montreal to spend time in our hotel bathroom!

Location was within easy walking distance to the Palau’s des Congres where I was going ! Easy and safe parking in secure underground garage! Very clean and comfortable accommodations. Wonderful 24 hr restaurant right next door!

Friendly staff, comfy beds, good location close to cafes,...

Noise coming from the street early morning. AC is also noisy. Construction work near hotel.

Friendly staff, comfy beds, good location close to cafes, restaurants, shops & metro. Room was clean. Easy check in & out. 24 hours reception.

Nice hotel, located in beautiful historic building.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Payment was fulfilled twice((( First payment was made at the time of check-in. Second one was made after a few days when I was already in another city.

Nice hotel, located in beautiful historic building. Very, very clean. Friendly sfaff. Perfectly travel-size bottles of boutique eco-Wellness kit (shampoo, hair revitalizer, lotion, shower gel). It could have been the best hotel in my whole trip, if it wasn't for duplicate payment

Not a bad place.

The electricity in our room went out several times during a morning on our stay. It was a really hot day. The problem was not so much with the electricity going but how irritated the staff was because they had to handle it.

Convenient location and the rooms are not bad. There is a jacuzzi in the room which is nice. The room is clean.

Awesome!

No breakfast, but that was already stated in the booking.

Great value for the price. Perfect location, with parking only one block away. Comfortable beds. Clean. Good service. Everything about this hotel was great and exactly as expected.

A good place for overnight close to transport hub
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

A covenant stopover very close to long distance bus station. Hotel standard is excellent. Also close to the main metro station covering three lines & 747 bus to airport

Great Location and Nice Stay!

Room can be a bit noisy, being on the street.

Within walking distance to the Jazz Festival and Old Montreal, which were our main reasons for traveling. The bed was comfortable, included a refrigerator and a coffee maker. Friendly and knowledgeable staff.

Comfortable stay in a good location.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Just a few little things: not enough hooks in the bathroom. No closet or hanging space for jackets.

I liked the fact that our room had three double beds. Traveling with teenagers means the kids can't sleep in the same bed. Somewhat spacious room.

Amazing, definitely will come again if I ever visited Montreal.

No restaurant in the hotel, so can't book the room with breakfast for example but everything was really close so finding places to eat wasn't an issue

The location was perfect, close to everything. There was a Jacuzzi in the room which wasn't mentioned in the room description (happy surprise!). Very friendly staff.

I would stay there again!!
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The basement downstairs was promoted to visit by signage and front desk. Although nicely appointed, it was too quiet (almost creepy) and thus not conducive to relaxing and hanging out. Maybe some quiet jazz music in the background? Apparently the basement area is historical significant yet there were no signs to indicate this.

Beautiful clean room with a super comfortable bed and quiet for sleeping. Excellent location to restaurants especially on Saint Catharine. Walking distance to Old Montreal. Recommend for the value and location.

I would definitely stay at the St. Denis Hotel again .

Wish there had been an ash tray outside the hotel, or if they had a smoking area in the center outside stairwell. That is the only negative I had from this visit.

Location was perfect, great restraunts all around. Everything was within walking distance.

Great value for the location
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Nothing! Don’t have high expectations for the price.

Not fancy, but great value and excellent, friendly service. We expected it to be noisy based on its central location, but it was perfectly quiet. Parking overnight available for $16, but a couple of blocks away. You can leave the car out front for a bit to unload. Check out the funky basement that used to be a bar decades ago. I’d stay here again.

Cozy hotel with great location (2-3 minutes to one of major...
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Cozy hotel with great location (2-3 minutes to one of major Metro stations, bus 747 to airport goes on the nearby street), friendly staff and great restaurant right by its door

Good Location, but too loud

The area has many restaurant and bars and got so loud on weekend evenings until a way over the midnight. Unless you are a deep sleeper, you might have an issue getting a decent sleep. The room had a mini fridge, which was good, but in the closet. I only found it on the day I was checking out.

3 minutes from the metro station and close to many restaurants. Many tourists attractions are within a walking distance. The room was very clean.

very nice stay near UQAM !!!

nothing !!!!!!

a very nice stay in Montreal ! I have been arround in the city for years and always struggeled to find a nice place. This one does not look inviting from outside but was very cosy inside with friendly stuff - Nice bed and clean !! Lots of choice for food arround

Pleasant stay!

It didn’t bother me at all but the room may be considered too small by some guests.

It was exactly what I needed: clean, comfy and quiet. Couldn’t have asked for a better room considering the price!

Very comfortable!
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

It was good value for money and a basic 3star hotel. So dont expect a restaurant or room service.

Its a no fuss property very well located. Walking distance to old town, old port, chinatown and downtown. While there was a subway just down the street, we never used it. While we had booked for 2 adults and 2 children, we were given a room wifh 3 queen beds! We totally loved the extra space!! Also we had a lot of luggage that we didnt want to take up to the room. They have a very big storage facility and were very happy to accomodate most of our bags there😊.

Very relaxing and fun.

The parking was a bit out of the way.

The bed was amazing. The location was perfect. The staff were super friendly. We will definitely stay here again.

Good for a back packer or student.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Parking is a bit of a hassle. It's not advertised clearly as "Separate" or "Extra. So be aware if you are driving.. $14 extra and parking is located in the college building few blocks away from the hotel. Not so friendly receptionists. No complimentary coffee or tea in room. A bit expensive for what you get...

The restaurant next door was good. Good for a backpack traveler. Nice central location. We rented a double queen bed room. The room was large and clean.

Really enjoyed our stay at your Hotel; staff were great and the location was ideal for exploring

Radiators need to be fixed. Sound from St. Denise came through the windows around the ac unit...

Bed was fabulous - had a problem with the lack of heat - the radiator wasn't working but staff provided us with a portable heater which solved the problem...appreciated that we were able to store our suitcases so we could explore the city before catching our train...

Overall, just ok. Not great, but not bad either. Clean.

the manager was a bit testy when i asked her why my rates were higher this week than last week when i stayed there...she gave me a discount, but i felt very uncomfortable. Maybe she was just having an off day or something. Also, the room was a bit warm and stuffy..fortunately, got the last fan for it..there was no air conditioner n the room....The lobby/lounge area has one computer...the printer hasn't wasn't operational the two weeks I was there, and the staff didn't seem to care if it was fixed or not...the last few nights, the mouse was missing....Take your own laptop or tablet. The room was quite small. Overall though, the location is great..15 minute walk to old montreal..and many good places to eat or have a drink right on the same street. Probably not exactly a family place though. I didn't see any other children in the area for five days. And none at the hotel.

nice beds...staff did their best to answer questions, print documents and help in anyway they could

My favourite place to stay for the last 12 years has just been replaced by the Hotel St-Denis.

The one thing I would have liked the hotel to provide was a bath robe, but I'll just bring my own next time.

I pre-judged the hotel based on the age of the building and the location, plus exterior photos, but my impressions were incorrect. It was quite modern, and VERY clean inside. The hot water was plentiful and there immediately - no waiting for it to "warm up". The site's photo of the room I chose represented the room honestly, which does not always happen. All 4 front desk staff spoke English, and were very helpful with all my questions. The near-by area is quite lively all day, with lots of restaurants that did not seem expensive, but it really quiets down at night. And the bed truly WAS very comfortable, linens were clean, and FELT clean, too. Will definitely stay there again.

I pre-judged the hotel based on the age of the building and the location, plus exterior photos, but my impressions were incorrect. It was quite modern, and VERY clean inside. The site's photo of the room I chose represented the room honestly, which does not always happen. All 4 front desk staff spoke English, and were very helpful with all my questions. The near-by area is quite lively all day, with lots of restaurants that did not seem expensive, but it really quiets down at night. And the bed truly WAS very comfortable, linens were clean, and FELT clean, too. Will definitely stay there again.

Very comfortable and pleasant atmosphere, great location and friendly staff

All ok

Room was nice and quiet in spite of bring on the street and the cleaning staff were friendly and unobtrusive. Desk gave me back my money when machine didn't work!

Lovely room, very good room attendants.

Day staff were very friendly. Some of the night staff were a little blunt and rude. Some colleagues arrived later during my stay and we were looking to do work in the evening in the basement common area, and the staff came down to put subtle signs saying that noise was not tolerated and neither was "loitering". We then decided to move up to a colleagues room instead and his card stopped working. We waited outside the room for a few minutes while he went to get a new card, and night staff came to say we were not allowed to "loiter" in the corridor. A little understanding would have been beneficial.

Lovely room, very good room attendants. Great location, close to subway and walking distance to lots of restaurants and an IGA is close too.

Perfect !

The hall lights during the night could be dimmed a little as to avoid the light seeping through the bottom of the doors.

As usual, Hotel St. Denis was what I was looking for: great location, great rates and very clean.

We will be back

A few people asking dor money but they don’t hassle

Excellent value for money. A few minutes from Berri metro station, 5 min walk to Théatre St-Denis. About 1 km walk to old Montreal.

Stayed 8 nights and staff were helpful and room large and well presented. The downside was the beds.

The beds were uncomfortable

Well located hotel for our purposes - close to University where daughter studying and easy to reach places of interest by walking whilst Metro also close by.

Pleasently unpleasent

I arrived and checked into my room,only to find the heat in the room was not on because the radiator was cool.I don't need it to be 32c in the room but at least a comfortable 22.8c would have been nice.I literally kept my jacket and shoes on the entire time I was in the room.I know the common areas were warm because the radiators were warm but absolutely not in the rooms that were unpleasantly cool.

As always the staff was impeccabley kind,the room was very clean as well was the bathroom.

Amazing Value.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The shower in the room was terribly designed that you spend more time trying not to get the floor wet then you do actually showering. Could be simply fixed with a curtain or glass wall. Also the toilet paper is garbage.

Location. Price. Staff. Cheap underground parking. Clean. Spacious. Lots of power outlets.

Room size is good.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The heater is radiator and too hot/hard to control.

Room size is good. Separate toilet /sink from bathtub/shower room. Basement has a man-cave with pool table and a place to hangout and maybe have drinks.

Great value and location. Friendly staff

No local guides in room, I think it would be helpful for tourist travelers like me

Location is great. So many things to do in walking distance. Staff was very friendly

Clean , Comfortbale and Afrordable

Can't say anything negative

Excellent value for a fantastic , clean room. Excellent customer service from everyone we encountered . Thank you for a wonderful stay and the Jacuzzi tub was an unexpected surprise!! ☺

Awesome! No complaints!

The room was a little smaller than I expected. However, there was still ample space and again, for the price we paid and the fact that it was central to everything and we weren't in the hotel most of the time, it was still great. There were many other hotels we checked out online that looked about the same space as our room was and were way more expensive so I'd say here you'd get an amazing deal! The only other thing we were not aware of was that we would have to pay to use their underground parking but it was only about $55 for the 3 nights we were there so really affordable!!

As most people have written in their reviews, the Hotel St. Denis is great value for money! My husband and I were looking for something affordable for our one year anniversary. We lucked out here. The room, while not very big, was still cozy and, to be honest, we weren't really in the room much of the time as we were exploring the city. The area, while it can appear to look run down, is actually a perfect area as it is within walking distance of the main subway station, which was perfect for us as we bought Montreal Attraction passes for $97 each (including taxes), which gave us access to many awesome sights in Montreal for free as well as free transportation! In fact, we were able to walk to many of the sights from the hotel on our first day there (about 25 minutes of walking from our hotel to the first location and then another 15 minutes to each location thereafter). If the weather hadn't been so cold the second day we were there and if we hadn't been so exhausted from the first day of walking, we probably could have walked some more the second day, too! But the subway was perfect. Also, a nice little gem right next to the hotel is an Italian restaurant called Pancini. The food is to die for! Hands down, the best Italian food I've ever tasted! And lots of great restaurants within walking distance, including Halal Guys, which I've been told is one of the best shawarma/gyro places to eat at (they originated from New York). So, overall, a great affordable place with lots of places in the vicinity and easy access to many sights! The staff is also extremely friendly and very helpful!!

A great value for a traveller but may be too small for a family of four.

One of my best Montreal stays ever !!! Older Hotel that has been renovated and updated to perfection. Very nice restaurant right next door and close to Veuix Montreal.

nice location,nice staff, will stay again! thanks!
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

one bed was next to the heating,which was constantly on. finally opened the windows. also a light breakfast would have been nice.

better than the last time we stayed here-continues to be a great place for the price!

Bed Bugs in Hotel Room

Unfortunately, I found bedbugs in the bed. I was bitten several times - and woke up to find two. I then found two more. It was awful. I called downstairs and the front desk offered to move me to another room which I refused - given that its a small hotel with rooms close together, and these bugs spread quickly, I was not going to have them infesting my luggage/clothes. I have horrible reactions to the bites. After taking pictures, I left the hotel promptly, but it was 2am, so this was an anxiety-ridden night. The following days were strange: I found online that about five months ago, the Hotel St-Denis had a bedbug problem and the guest found his concerns were ignored - there is also a similar report in 2016 on a registry, and again, the guest was ignored. When I spoke with the hotel management regarding the issue in the following days, they said they were doing something about it - but they were still renting rooms, and took quite a long time to get back to me. Nevertheless, today when I phoned, again, after so many emails, (and 22 days after the initial night I stayed), they stated that they would be offering the refund of the difference between hotel costs, which is a relief. These bugs, especially in the numbers that presented, are notorious for staying around for a long time... I can only hope that the Hotel took the proper measures. I did stay at the Holiday Inn on René Levesque who accommodated the 2am arrival, and this was a clean and nice stay - albeit more expensive.

good hotel. great location, decent price
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

the bathroom is very tight. The toilet is very small, so if you are a big and tall guy( or even big and short) there is NO way you could squeeze your self between the toilet and the sink, and if you do, you will have a hard time with the toilet. seriously, if you are a big guy, expect to struggle using the toilet. the room was toooo hot, and could not figure out how to turn the heat down, so i opened the window all night.

Pretty decent hotel. great location with in 10-15 mins walk from old Montreal. Very friendly staff. the bed was nice and comfy. good size room. basic amenities.

Basic hotel in a central area of the city.

We took it for the price. Nothing special to say about the hotel. It is missing a little bit of charm in general in design and interior wise.

It was clean and had a good location.

Cleanliness was at the highest level.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Greetings, The only thing unclear to me was the invoice and its items. Receptionist was kind however, did not understand herself, hence, could not explain to me the items breakdown. Even though I have seen the Total payable, and it matched with the Booking.com price including the Taxes (GST and PST) however, the confusion was with their amounts, so they were 2 sets of prices under the taxes, as follows: Room/Chambre: $85.05 Tps Autre/GST Rooms: $4.40 Tvq Chambre/PST Room: $8.78 Taxe Hebergement/Lodging Tax: $2.98 Paiment Direct: $50 (Security Deposit) Then below all of the amount mentioned, I got another set of Taxes that are repetitive in names but with different amounts, as follows: TAXES INCLUDED TAXE FEDERALE $5.20 TAXE PROVINCIALE $10.38 TAXE HEBERGEMENT/LODGING TAX $2.98 So, my point is that the invoices should be well-written, clear and not confusing so the guest would now what is being charged exactly, and not amounts that only Hotel's Accounts receivable would understand !!! Otherwise the amounts charged on-site were exactly what I have paid online through Booking.com, and nothing more, no surprises. Regards, Gene

Cleanliness was at the highest level. Also the room or two rooms were quite spacious, including the indoor garage, these were pro's. Bathroom was maintained and clean. Additionally I have had a complimentary bottle of water, which is very nice gesture from the Hotel St Denis. Thank you, Gene

Great hotel in a fantastic location

The only thing I can say I didn't like was the heavy front door, which doesn't quite align with the steps and ramp leading to it. It was a bit awkward to walk in and out.

This hotel has two things we loved - the underground parking (through a partnership with UQAM) and the really central location, close to the Berri-UQAM metro stop and amazing eateries. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. We stayed for one night and didn't have a chance to try the shower or explore the hotel, but everything we saw looked good. The staff we interacted with were very polite and helpful.

Location is super convenient - just couple blocks away from...

Location is super convenient - just couple blocks away from old city and that St Denis street is the best for restaurants. Underground parking provided by hotel is also a good bonus (paid $55 after tax for 3 days of parking).

Pretty good downtown location, should fix the heating

The room was still cold as the heating in the room was not adequate. In between our stay the WiFi stopped working.

Montreal is such a lovely city. We always enjoy coming back to Montreal for the food, the people and the city's atmosphere. Hotel St Denis has a very helpful and friendly staff. The room is a decent size, with coffee maker and refreshing bath products. Walking distance to Metro, many restaurants and bars.

We would definitely book with St, Denis again, and highly recommend it.

Room could have been slightly bigger, but was certainly okay.

Location and customer service were excellent! Room was very clean, though a bit smaller than we had expected. Bed was nice and comfortable, and staff was great!

Extremely comfortable

The room service wasn’t 100 % but I highly recommend this hotel for everyone in Montreal !

The location is the best, near metro, near restaurant, walking distance to sightseeing, very nice room, excellent bed, there is a nice basement to play pool!

Marvellous as usual
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Not much, it is a lovely old time hotel. Not a place if you want all the extras like a pool or gym.

Good old fashioned service. Beautiful really big room

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

Great hotel, very comfy, in a great location would recommend...

Great hotel, very comfy, in a great location would recommend it easily ! Go Wi-Fi, plenty of restaurants and activities within walking distance. The room was a bit small (if you love big open spaces), but we find it was perfect for our needs.

Worth your time.

Could do with a refresh, although I guess that's why it's such good value. The neighborhood is a bit dirty.

Friendly and helpful staff, large room, big comfy bed, good location.

Our stay was like being at home.

They require that you act to indicate you are watching tv, and that it is not just running whether you are in the room or not. All the staff greeted you in the lobby and in hallways. There was a Keurig next to the bed!

We enjoyed the proximity to Old Montreal.

Bathroom is a bit small. Underground parking is outside around the corner of hotel. Wish we had better access to the underground garage.

Location is good, right on St Denis where you can walk and explore old Montreal. Good underground parking, no worries about your car while out and about. Nice restaurant right beside the hotel for breakfast, etc. Very basic hotel but clean and comfortable.

Uncomfortable at all

The property is not clean . Wash room is not clean, blankets was dirty ( sorry) Im itching all over , hope is not bed bugs. There is no breakfast in the same property, the price was expensive ( I can say the rate **( to be honest the reception was nice and helpful, but the place needs complete renovation and restaurant should be in same location, then you can ask for high price to rent, really I wasn’t comfortable at all and I didn’t stay the whole day in the hotel,

Only location was near by the place I went too, location was good

Very pleasant with a great location.

Would have appreciated softer toilet paper.

The room was comfortable and clean, also larger than I expected. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Altogether a very pleasant, perfectly located hotel for my long weekend.

Had a short stay close to everything downtown, for not a bad price.

Mini fridge was located in front closet, which was kind of strange.

Located downtown for easy access to transportation. Parking is secure in underground UQAM lot.

Two nights in Montreal

We felt the immediate neighbourhood of the hotel at night a little threatening with people who were on drugs/homeless. Aside from coffee in the room the hotel does not itself offer beverages/food.

The car parking arrangement (at $16+tax per day) worked well and the car was safe. The position of the hotel is very good for visiting the old city.

The help was very good and took their time to help us understand after our questions. We understood

If we had understood earlier there was a metro hub right there, it would ahve been great!

Bed was good, Location was near metro hub. Very clean. Not swanky. Our parking was secure. That was great. We didin't understand how to use the parking facility. We didn't know there was a code. So we had to get help to get into parking garage and out again when we needed to access our car.

It was an excellent experience and gave me the comforts and conveniences I was looking for.

The only issue would be the rooms are dated but doesn't impact your stay. It is an older hotel but very comfortable.

The hotel is right on St. Denis. Excellent location to park and walk to anything you want to see and do as it is close to downtown. The room was spacious and very clean with an updated bathroom. The bed was very comfortable and the room quiet. The hotel staff were excellent and when I go back to Montreal, I will be staying at this location. Excellent for St. Denis and Rue St. Catherine, etc.

Clean, bright, comfortable place to stay in a great location at reasonable rates!

Parking a little costly, but that's to be expected in a city location. Hotel St. Denis has some dedicated parking spots at a parking garage around the corner. Not super convenient but fine, and at least it offered in/out privileges! Water pressure for shower could have been better, but it did the job.

Perfect location for exploring Montreal, clean and bright and modern hotel even though it's an older building. Very comfortable bed and air conditioning worked great on a 90-degree day! (not too loud, either). Friendly bi-lingual staff, great wifi, and fast elevator. We were on the fourth floor facing an inner courtyard, which made it very quiet. Never heard a peep from other guests. The small refrigerator in the room was also nice. Close to Latin Quarter and great places to eat. Parking available at a garage nearby. Interesting area to hang out in the basement with pool table, chairs, etc.

The hotel is very clean and has been refurbished nicely, keeping the feel of an old building (old radiators in stairway etc) The staff is friendly and helpful. The location is great - proximity to public transport, airport bus, cafés, restaurants shops. Old Montreal is only a few minutes walk away. The cellar room is worth a visit - it's nice to see the old part of the hotel preserved. We would stay here again.

Beautiful, cozy, clean and relaxing!

The hotel was beautiful and clean. The staff was wonderful and very friendly. We even got upgraded to the jacuzzi suite! We had an excellent stay and would definitely stay again.

Enjoying Montreal

Excellent hotel at good price in fascinating St-Denis neighbourhood. It is quite centrally located and is just a block from the bicycle path along Boulevard De Maisonneuve.

The hotel,is good value for the price and a very good location,

Parking not connected to the building and we were charged a daily rate.

It was a very quiet room. The location was excellent for us, we always felt safe.

Location, not a chain but a local hotel, staff friendly and...

Nothing as this is what we were looking for; local "flavor."

Location, not a chain but a local hotel, staff friendly and helpful, room not luxurious but very comfortable.

Great location but bare basics in budget hotel

Grumpy reception person on arrival, most unwelcoming, provided absolutely no information. No drinks in fridge in room and drink machine sold out of bottled water when we arrived at 10.30pm

Great central location. Clean comfortable room.

Perfect trip location.

The only thing that I didn't like too much was I felt as if one of the staff hated my presence when I approached the front desk for anything

Perfect trip location. Nice rooms. Awesome basement

Very friendly and accommodating staff.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Very friendly and accommodating staff. Excellent location. Standard room was too small but the business suite was excellent and a good value for the money.

Disappointing, location is the biggest (and only) advantage.

The hotel is old and shabby. Walls and window in our room were dirty, wallpaper was peeling off walls etc. Old furniture, odd smell in wardrobe. Sheets and towels mostly clean but some hair and small stains were noticeable. Very noisy street outside the window so remember to take your earplugs. We were disappointed with the size of our room - there wasn't enough place for our two (not very big) suitcases, definitely the smallest room during our two week-long trip around Canada. Free wi-fi extremely slow, most of the time didn't work at all (2nd floor). We were also disappointed with laundry service - it wasn't expensive (CAD 10 for a bag) but our clothes didn't feel very fresh and I noticed several stains.

Great location is the biggest advantage of this hotel - close to the city centre, restaurants, bars and shops.

Nice, older hotel in a very nice location with lots of amenities nearby.

I didn't like that the parking was offsite, it was inconvenient when you have luggage to unload, etc. and that you had to return the parking card/pass. I forgot to do this and called to let them know and was asked to return it by mail??

The location was fantastic and there was a very nice Italian Restaurant right beside the hotel.

Excellent location, clean spacious room.

Excellent location walking distance to old town and metro is 200 meters away for excursion. Nice to park the car and not use until we left. Clean, nice room with friendly staff.

Great little hotel, close to everything.

Great little hotel, close to everything. Friendly, helpful staff, very clean room. Would definitely stay there again the next time we're in Montreal.

Overall pleasant stay

Receptionist was unfriendly about helping with touristic information. Building faces another building so no view at all.

Spacious room, very clean quiet and comfortable. Easy access by bus from airport (one and a half block from bus stop). Offered handy utilities like iron, coffee maker, umbrella, minibar, robes.

Enjoyable stay in a phenomenal location close to everything! Would stay here again !

A selection of movie channels would have been nice. Room was hot overnight as with the drapes closed it blocked the window air conditioner.

The bed was comfortable, Keurig in room was nice !

Very well positioned hotel and good value for money.

Providing a kettle so we could have a cup of tea. All we had was coffee but we are both tea drinkers.

Reception was very helpful ad the rooms were very clean. The central location meant easy access to all of the city and Old Town. They provide a clothes washing facility for $10 a bag which was very welcome.

Excellent location - short walk to old Montreal.

There was nothing I didn't like. No breakfast on site (which I prefer) but we found a small restaurant just down the street that we liked.

Excellent location - short walk to old Montreal. Very clean. Staff pleasant, helpful. Secure parking available offsite for $16 per day - just a short walk.

Good hotel well located.

I have no complaints about this hotel it was all good and excellent value for money!

The room was large, the bed was big and comfy, the room was clean and the hotel was well located close to all we wanted to see while in Montreal.

Very good place to stay.

It is a little noisy at night. The room is really small and needs to be renovated.

location is good, close to china town, notre-dame basilica, and old port. they give me free parking and free breakfast (very tasty) next door since the king room I booked was broken and they gave me a queen room instead. anyway, the bed is comfy. They are very nice and friendly.

Browse Hotel St-Denis traveller photo gallery