Reviews of St. Eugene Golf Resort Casino 4 stars

7777 Mission Road, V1C 7E5 Cranbrook, Canada

#4 of 17 hotels in Cranbrook

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

We probably will not return. What you get for the amount isn’t worth it
    • Standard Room

Housekeeping was poor. To come back to our room after 5:00pm and it was still not done is unacceptable. My inquiry was met with no apologies but that they’ll get to it.

Location and buildings are beautiful

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Really beautiful location and the honouring of history very...
    • Standard Room

That there are few venues onsite during the week for food and what is available has short hours. Facilities ie exercise room and pool were mostly out of order equipment and the pool was no operational

Really beautiful location and the honouring of history very well done. Rooms are good but nothing over and above

My husband and I were thankful to be there to celebrate our 30th anniversary, very enjoyable.
    • Standard Room

It was all pretty amazing and enjoyable. However, the restaurant was very busy, I think there was a conference or something, so we were sent to the golf club restaurant instead.

The cultural atmosphere, and the history of the building. I like the indigenous people are turning this negative history into a positive, healing way to provide for their families and community.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Excellent Value if Reserved in Advance....
    • Standard Room

Sliding glass door to balcony needed to be cleaned; otherwise cleanliness was okay. We were in a newer part of the resort, behind the main building and close to the golf course. At this building, the parking lot for non-handicapped is a bit remote from the rooms; best to unload at the door, then transfer the car to the parking lot.

This hotel/resort offers excellent value if reserved well in advance. Rooms are "generic modern"; nothing to write home about, but pleasant enough. Excellent A/C was appreciated during heat wave (32C). Bathroom/shower fixtures could use updating. Good for golfers, and casino on property. Nice balcony. Didn't do any meals here.

Cranbrooks best kept secret
    • Standard Room

Almost everything was excellent, however shortly after we left Amex alerted me that they had charged an additional $400 to my card. I called them and they never gave me a good reason why this had happened. As of this writing it has not yet been reversed. Although they did say it can take 24hours.

I love the place, the food was excellent, and I will come back as soon as I can. I also won $700 in the casino.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Great but spoiled by ants!
    • Standard Room

Ants in the room. Left an open, partially empty juice can on the counter. Before drinking the rest the next day I poured a little in the sink. 30 dead ants came out! Gross!! Told the desk...ho hum, no shocker.

Nice facilityon the

Beautiful place to stay tucked away from town.
    • Standard Room

No shower cap, kettle, or tea in the room. The sheets on one of the beds smelled a little musty.

The grounds and the building are beautiful. We spent some time looking around and exploring. The bed was very comfortable and we had a great sleep. I would have liked to have more time to spend here.

Had been curious about this place for some time, and really enjoyed experiencing it first-hand.

Nothing, really

Loved the old mission building, and all the historical photos and the Interpretive Centre. Wish All the photos had had informative captions. Liked the way the residential school history was presented, and the spirit of reconciliation.

It was very beautiful not sure we would go again. I expected more ambience.
    • Standard Room

When I called couple of days before arrival to confirm they were very rude on the phone. The pool was very dirty full of black flies. Looking at all the photos I thought we would be staying in the main building but that was executive suites only. A bit disappointed

It was a very beautiful area the staff was very friendly food was very good

housekeeping staff super friendly and helpful as were casino deli/bar staff
    • Premier Room with Garden View

casino hotel entrance covered with cigarette butts!

the casino deli is a great menu and good value, found to have much better variety than main menu. Terrific staff.

It was quiet and conveniently located to Cranbrook and the...
    • Premier Room with Garden View

I was meeting someone who flying into the Cranbrook Airport so she signed up for the complimentary airport shuttle. The flight was delayed a little bit, but neither of us thought too much of it - flights get delayed all the time, right? But when her flight landed and she went outside to meet the shuttle, there was no one there. I don't know if they forgot about her or wrote off the pick up because her flight was late, but it was frustrating for her to have to wait after having been on a delayed flight and or me, who then had to go and pick her up.

It was quiet and conveniently located to Cranbrook and the Airport.

Would definitely recommend.

The only downside would be the lighting in the hotel room. Could have been a bit brighter!

Our family and friends had a most enjoyable 90th birthday celebration for our mother, which included dinner in the restaurant (the Ktunaxa Elk Osso Bucco was the best I've ever had!), casino, a good night's sleep and a great breakfast buffet in the morning.

I love st Eugene’s and would recommend it to everyone. It was our second stay in in under 3 months!
    • Premier Room with Garden View

I was so looking forward to the jetted tubs and the weren’t functioning the whole 4 nights we stayed there. I wish I would have been informed about that before my arrival. Or even when talking on the phone to the resort prior to our visit. Also... I had expected a microwave in the room to heat up leftovers or coffee... that is an important asset to hAve in every room

Love the pastoral region... so beautiful. And the staff was all so very kind and accommodating.

Great place with an interesting history on top of it.
    • Premier Room with Garden View

My pet friendly room was far from the main building and near the casino.

Everyone was friendly. Even employees in the hallways. People were very helpful. Close to the airport. It was winter so rates were good for what I needed. Dog friendly.

We will be back!
    • Standard Room

The stairs outside at entrance were slippery but signs were posted warning you.

The facility is situated in a beautiful location in the valley with the snow capped mountains. It is the perfect winter wonderland.

We have stayed many times in the summer.
    • Standard Room

We were very disappointed in the quality of food.

We have stayed many times in the summer. Like the location in the summer not so much in the winter due to poor road conditions.

Wonderful!
    • Standard Room

I was a bit disappointed with the speed of service in the lounge. It was not by any stretch a big deal. Perhaps just because everything else was so amazing. (And maybe because I worked in the food & beverage industry for years.) It took a few minutes to get menus. (4 other tables were already seated and in various stages.) We waited about 15 mins to place our order. Only about 20 mins to get 1 plate of food. About 5 mins later my friend's food arrived. I wanted another drink less than halfway through my meal, but I couldn't see a server. 20 mins later, our server came back and asked if I wanted another drink. I said no it's ok, I'm finished eating now anyway. She said ok, and took my friend's empty plate away, but left mine. Our server did not return. 15 mins later I stood up beside our table, hoping maybe our server would see me and come over. A different server asked us if we wanted our bill. Perhaps our server got sent home? Maybe we should have been passed on to another person? Maybe if we were wearing name brand clothes we may have gotten more attention? Not sure. Either way, the food was good. Veggies were fresh and tasty. Steak was cooked as requested.

Beautiful old building with a lot of history! The front desk staff was warm, polite, informative and knowledgeable. The outdoor heated pool and hot tub were amazing!! It's quite incredible to be warm (in a bathing suit) outside when it's -20°C. It was perfect after a long day of driving. Good food in the lounge. Clean rooms with beautiful views. Should you stay here? Yes.

Excellent!!
    • Standard Room

I wasn't aware that breakfast was an extra charge and no included with the room.

The food and staff were amazing!! The architecture was phenomenal!! I loved the history of the bulding shown everywhere!

This was a happy discovery and we will definitely return.
    • Premier Room with Garden View

Loved the steam room and outdoor heated salt water pool and outdoor relaxation hot tub. Food and service excellent. Quiet and super comfortable room. Free shuttle to and from airport was a bonus.

Convenient to airport.Good restaurant
    • Premier Room with Garden View

Mattress was poor Dust ruffle doesn’t cover mattress Carpet had a few bits on it Room getting a bit shabby

Food at restaurant was excellent Staff friendly, shuttle to airport convenient.

A peaceful place to spend Christmas. Great ambience and beautiful setting..
    • Standard Room

Very friendly and helpful staff for check-in, check-out and restaurant/bar. Really good value (last minute booking) and didn't need to pay in advance. Excellent, affordable Christmas Day menu with attentive server who helped with wine selection. Room was spacious, comfortable and well-stocked.

Amazing stay! Highly recommend!
    • Deluxe Room

Beautiful historic property, well exceeded our expectations and even better than other stays we have had at Fairmont hotels. Breakfast was fantastic, very high quality ingredients and super fresh. We booked last minute chasing the snow at Kimberley, and very glad that we did! Highly recommend, great value, we will definitely be back!!

The coffee pot didn't work for me that says it all
    • Standard Room

The bathroom lights flickered each time I turned the lights on. The room was cold. Couldn't find an extra blanket. I'm older and found the bed to be to hard. Causing me to cramp up. I woke up every 20 minutes when the heater would kick on. The bathroom was cold. My husband wanted some snacks like chips and couldn't find any. And I could not log on to the wifi so I couldn't check the weather as their was a major snow storm and accumulating snow,

Didn't try the food was fasting. Was very clean. Staff and security were very friendly.

price and staff was good
    • Standard Room

do not charge for a microwave, it should be part of customer service. coffee in the morning was too weak I stayed a couple of hours past check out time and the charge was more than the room stay the night before - terrible

Beautiful heritage building with many great amenties in a scenic convenient location
    • Premier Room with Garden View

Love the quiet, out-of-town location and mountain views. Beautiful heritage building and grounds; comfy, clean, cozy room; outdoor pool and hot tub was great! Really enjoyed the delicious breakfast at the St. Eugene Smokehouse. Can't wait to go back again soon.

The staff was very nice and helpful when I got lost.
    • Premier Room with Garden View

The place is too easy to get lost when you first get there. The biggest downfall was no microwave. You come to expect Microwaves these days in a room. And they had them FOR EXTRA. Which wasn't cool with me, I only had a cup of soup to microwave so ended up harassing the front desk, which is probably staff working to accommodate management's cheapness. Not a fan of that situation.... Plus as a light sleeper the fan kicking in and how easily you near people in the hall messed up my sleep a little more than I expected.

The staff was very nice and helpful when I got lost. The outdoor pool is great in the winter

Perfect stay. Short drive to the airport. We stayed to avoid driving in a snow storm.
    • Premier Room with Garden View

I can’t think of anything.

The food exceeded our expectations at the smokehouse lounge. Excellent kale salad and steak sandwich . Nice staff. Very clean.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

Serene Surroundings and Excellent Restaurant
    • Premier Room with Garden View

Check in guy very courteous, helpful and thorough. The restaurant food and service were superb. I got to swim outside with snowflakes falling on my face.

Relaxing location yet short drive to the city
    • Premier Room with Garden View

Heater was really noisy and kicked on and off all night. I finally had to opt for doubling up my blanket and turning the heat off so it was pretty cold in the morning. I should have brought ear plugs.

Food was great. Hot tub / heated pool with salt water outside during winter was a treat after a relaxing massage at the spa. The scenery was gorgeous and the Christmas decorations were very tasteful and festive.

Location to airport great, excellent shuttle service.
    • Standard Room

Room temperature very difficult to manage. The room was cold when I arrived, and took nearly 3 hours to warm the room up. Interestingly, there was a couple at the front desk when I was checking in, asking for a space heater as they'd been trying to heat up their room (also in the 'extension building' where I was booked). Dining room was closed (despite being early evening) and was told that only service was in bar/lounge area. Seating in the bar was NOT comfortable for dinner, and food was mediocre at best.

Location to airport and shuttle. Shuttle driver was very pleasant and helpful.

A beautiful building - they have done an amazing job of...
    • Premier Room with Garden View

A beautiful building - they have done an amazing job of blending the old with the new and the design pays tribute to the history of the place in a very respectful way. All of the staff were so friendly and helpful - we loved our stay there!

Good value But poor planning by staff on room selection
    • Premier Room with Garden View

Hockey team of 18-19 boys put beside us which was an adjoining room. Not smart by staff. Very loud. Very late. No fault of the team just poor planning by staff

Casino. Lounge. History of property

The hot tub and pool was open until 11 which was great as we...
    • Standard Room

The beds were a little lumpy and breakfast was so so.

The hot tub and pool was open until 11 which was great as we needed a break after a long drive. Service was excellent!

Since most of our vacation was spent siteseeing, this location was a nice change of pace.
    • Standard Room

Attendent checking us in could have been a little friendlier. No smiles, but efficient. Wait staff were all very nice and friendly.

Loved having the golf course right next to the hotel. Hadn't golfed in years but rented clubs and played 9 holes. Also enjoyed some time in the casino after dinner.

A Great Place to Stay and Relax
    • Standard Room

This is a great resort. The grounds are beautiful - clearly well looked after. The casino is small but fun. The biggest asset is the staff - they were all wonderful, friendly and frankly funny. And for me, I think funny is good - it means the staff is enthusiastic and not just going through the motions. I hope we have the chance to return.

No response to request clean up of bird droppings all down...
    • Standard Room

No response to request clean up of bird droppings all down our window, sliding screen and deck railings. Detracted from overall cleanliness of the property, Aside from walking around small grounds, facility was secluded and away from opportunities to walk more.

Once is enough, room not great except bathroom was not clean and carpet had stains everywhere .
    • Deluxe Room

Looks like they used a builder / contractor that was learning, toilet was 4 inches from side wall and toilet paper dispenser was on same wall, rolls of paper jammed into you which made it almost impossible to use. Cheap sandpaper like paper products and small threadbare towels provided. Both hot tubs are broken (pumps for jets broken) asked and was told they are now just relaxation pools no plan to fix! This could be a nice place but it is not!

Going to a different hotel!

Beautiful historic building and grounds!!
    • Premier Room with Garden View

If other guest would acknowledge and adhere to the 11:00 quite rule.

We enjoyed our stay with the exception of the inconsiderate people and children who were so loud in the hallway. Adults speaking so loudly and children close by in the hall at 1:20 in the morning. A pretty rough sleep. But the food was amazing in the lounge and the staff and grounds were awesome.

Nice rooms and all around nice experience

No complaint at all.

This was our second stay at the resort and this time we got a free upgrade and stayed in the main building. We were really comfortable and really like the facilities and the staff is very nice. It was all around a good experience to stay here and the rooms are very nice.

Unique opportunity to get away, relax and get soaked into the nature
    • Standard Room

Because the food is so good, it is a very busy place (especially for the weekend that we stayed). The waitresses work so busily to accommodate big tables. They were attentive but there were just not enough people on the floor. It was good that the manager also helped. Wish that it was less chaotic for big groups to be around! The hot tubs were filled with bugs that also wanted to take a hot bath (coz it's an outdoor tub), but we were provided with a net on the side to scoop them away as needed.

Because the booking.com system didn't reflect the number of traveling children, I phoned the hotel and they were flexible enough to give us a room with an extra bed with no charges (=free upgrade). Thank you so much! The dining room has great choices with food for brunch and dinner! We love the smoked meat, sous vide cod and kids' meal! We were able to live on the top floor of the main building, looking at the moon thru the window from our bed. It's beautiful scenery to see the teepees out in the field. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean. We like to watch the CBC documentary that gives us some insights on the Aboriginal experience in residential schools. It was educational for us to see how this place is significant to reflect the value of Aboriginals' values in our daily lives outside of the reserve. It is such an unique experience to relax on the reserve!

Would love to go back.
    • Premier Room with Garden View

A brochure, or better yet, a short video made available for patrons to learn about the history of the mission would have enhanced our stay. This was an important part of the reason we chose St. Eugene's.

Such wonderful things are happening today for a place with such a dark past. Well done to all those with such great vision and tenacity!

A very relaxing time for girl friends to connect and get away from our busy lives ie jobs family and the hustle and...

NOTHING

Quiet and beautiful perfect place for a wedding as we viewed during our stay pool was warm and very enjoyable staff were very helpful and friendly as I did get turned around as the hotel is very large and beautiful.

Staff, food and drinks (including pricing) were amazing!
    • Standard Room

Cappucino machine was not functioning (so we were told), yet I heard someone steaming milk with it!!!

Staff, food and drinks (including pricing) were amazing!

Lack of information and not very knowledgeable front desk staffs
    • Standard Room

A lack of service provided to upgrade or choices of room because we booked thru booking . com. Was told we would have more options if book direct with hotel

Golf course, lounge restaurant and casino

Enjoyed this wonderful, historical property!
    • Premier Room with Garden View

Hotel restaurant lacked enough wait staff. In room coffee was poor quality and no coffee offered in lobby area!

Beautiful property and well maintained! Fun to have casino for entertainment!

The staff were very friendly and the grounds were beautiful...
    • Standard Room

We found the rooms to be a little bit small. We didn't overly enjoy the food in the restaurant.

The staff were very friendly and the grounds were beautiful to walk around. We enjoyed the pool and hot tub.

Destination golf resort
    • Standard Room

Wi Fi was free but not secure to each room No microwave in room

Beautiful, unique property Room and beds were comfortable 3 restaurants and good food Very accommodating staff in pro golf shop Good driving range (didn't get to play full round) Safe and frig in room Heated outdoor pool, gym and spa

Never Again
    • Standard Room

Room smelled really bad. Bed was not comfortable. Mosquitos everywhere. Several in our room. We had to park a long ways away. Felt that our vehicle was not safe. Did not like the restaurant.

Nice soap products.

A pleasant surprise
    • Standard Room

Could have been move history about the place. Would have liked to seen the rooms in the old part

The staff were excellent. Very friendly. Love the history.

Need to fix the Hotel parking and distance to pack luggage
    • Premier Room with Garden View

Poor directions to front desk Very poor hotel parking. There should be exclusive Hotel parking closer to the hotel when you have luggage. The Casino visitors do not have luggage, therefore could park further away. I literally walked over 1 km with luggage, ridiculous.

The Casino and Golf Course provided things to do that was immediately accessible.

Peace in the Valley
    • Premier Room with Garden View

The only thing negative I could see was the hallways where the rooms are is looking a bit rundown. Not major.

The scenery was absolutely beautiful. It is off the main highway so it is peaceful.

Nice place to stay if you don't expect a whole lot from golfing.
    • Standard Room

Both jacuzzi's did not work but we're hot. The golf course was nice but very dry with very little signage compared to other courses we golfed at in the area.

The staff was very friendly. The food was really delicious.

Vist beautiful St.Eugene in the Kootenays!!
    • Standard Room

The building and the grounds are stunning, nothing like staying at a regular hotel. For a special occasion or just to get away this place is spectacular. The bed and bedding was all very comfortable. Liked that there is a min fridge and safe in each room. Air conditioning was excellent as it was a very hot day. Stayed there as we wanted to go to the casino and were traveling with 2 small dogs so we took turns and it worked out well. We did not dine on this trip but have stayed here before and the dining is excellent. Very close to Cranbrook to do some shopping as well.

The grounds and landscaping are beautiful.
    • Standard Room

There was a group of loud, drunk, and swearing golfers in the pool who were spilling their canned alcohol into the pool, blasting music, and totally disregarding that my 6 year old son was there. They were joking about swearing in front of the boy. There was a ring of dirt around the pool like a dirty bathtub ring. I think this is where the golfers bathe after a long round of sweaty golf. Lets just say, we were hoping it was a salt water pool, because the water was salty, and hopefully not from their sweat.

The grounds and landscaping are beautiful. The patios are lovely. The rooms are clean and comfortable and the staff was pleasant and helpful.

This hotel is amazing, I'm so glad we booked to stay...
    • Standard Room

There was nothing we didn't like

This hotel is amazing, I'm so glad we booked to stay there. Location amazing, hotel wonderful, room was spacious with a huge king size bed. Restaurant was fabulous, I complimented the chef on my meal it was so good. Will definetly stay there again.

Good but frustrating
    • Standard Room

Price. I always receive special offers for St. Eugenes and when i try and bòok these specials I am told they are not available. The staff tell me that there are only very few rooms available on the special rates. Why bother sending me offers unless the hotel is willing to deliver?

Close to casino and golf course. Different options for restaurants

Enjoyed our stay to a degree but would not go back.
    • Standard Room

Chairs on patio were old and decrepit, coffee machine was plugged and had to be replaced, had to walk to main lobby for coffee while they found us a new pot.

Bed was comfy, fairly quiet, clean and enjoyed patio even though it is quite small!@

Overpriced, bring your jogging shoes for parking...
    • Standard Room

Terrible lay out. Have to walk a half mile for parking. Food was extremely overpriced for a very small portion. Not very family friendly, more for the " high class". Mass confusion at front desk for check in.

Good history with building, decent view.

St Eugene Mission, Oasis of peace!
    • Standard Room

My 1st stay there was no holiday , I got stranded in Cranbrook because of weather...Act of God! The dinning room menu was amazing, the quality of th food and the presentation just Yummy. Since last year they have change completely, the food is good but nothing so say about it. I don t expect a burger at dinner time. They use to have lamb with a coulis and good dessert and good service! I still miss my Good Old Mission "dinning room

The room was great, I am at my 4th stay there, Oasis of peace! The birds,flowers and the essence of the wild roses just put you back on your feet after a long stressful day

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

So Beautiful I will return again
    • Standard Room

They were clearly understaffed. I called back after we left the next day and nobody answered after 10 phone calls? ..... If they could up their staff ratio it would go along way

The location is gorgeous. The atmosphere perfect, golf amazing, club house staff stellar. Food real good.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

Best place in Cranbrook.
    • Standard Room

Most staff was great. One staff housekeeper did not like his job and made that clear- all other housekeepers were excellent.

Great staff. Excellent location. Great facilities and good dining.

Lovely hotel in a picturesque setting
    • Standard Room

Because of the historical aspect, it was a bit of a maze getting to the lodge from the main building (where our room was), but once we figured it out, it was easy. There was good food in the lounge, but expensive.

It was a picturesque and large historical property just out of the city of Cranbrook. We went for a wedding, and the hotel was in a lovely valley of the Rocky Mountains, for wonderful views. We stayed for 3 nights, and there was a pool, a challenging golf course and a casino. The food and facilities for the wedding were superb. Although it was a 5-hour drive for us (although there is an airport there), it was relaxing, and we would go there again.

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

Thursday evenings, they have introduced a new wine tasting...
    • Standard Room

Thursday evenings, they have introduced a new wine tasting event. If you enjoy wine, it's a great way to sample various varietals, along with in house cheeses, bread and crackers.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

Wires crossed
    • Deluxe Room

Front desk tried to put me in a cheaper room when I checked in I had to prove my room type through the confirmation email I was sent. Communication breakdown from booking.com with the hotel is the excuse I was given. Embarrassing moments at the front desk. Clerk was condescending and a bit rude telling me I would have to pay more for the deluxe room booked online!

Good dinner from the restaurant although my instructions were not followed

Birthday Weekend
    • Standard Room

Better communication via website upon booking or @ front desk. We were unaware of renovations & limited menu? Also, we were there for a Birthday weekend (March 12) We had a Birthday coupon with NO EXPIRY which was declined @ front desk & Guest Services. We also had another incentive via email which could not apply when booked through Booking.com! Plus email was sent after we booked. It would have been nice to have received the email prior so we could have used towards our stay.

Room & food were good! Casino was enjoyable.

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

Always enjoy staying here.

Restaurant was pricey.

Always enjoy staying here. Restaurant a little pricey for my liking but it is convenient to be able to eat and drink without having to drive anyplace afterward. Casino was not busy at all when we were there so all machines were open

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

Beautiful area to stay with lots of history. A treat staying there
    • Deluxe Room

There was an issue which was discussed with the front desk. The casino food f old is limited but tasted okay. The prices are high at the casino pub since the food is served in a styrofoam container. The soup was great but very expensive for the amount and what it was served in

The mission is a wonderful place to stay with the history and surroundings

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

Had mysterious charges added to my account - I've...
    • Standard Room

Had mysterious charges added to my account - I've attempted to gain clarification and they either told me they would get back to me (which they don't) or not respond to email

St. Eugene is a gem.
    • Standard Room

I don't like the fact that this hotel is all the way in Cranbrook area where I will probably not frequent. Nothing else to dislike. The place was a gem!

I loved it there! Staff were very professional and friendly. I was pleasantly surprised about the entire experience. The room was clean, comfortable, and ccmpletely secure. The casino was right next door but because they required room key to get to the guest area, it felt very secure while the convenience of the casino next door made it feel similar to Vegas. Also, the lounge and restaurant were open late so we did not have to travel anywhere else after checking in after 10PM. There was also a deli in the Casino that was open till midnight.

• Reviewed: 25 February 2017

Impressed with the location!
    • Standard Room

Unfortunately our breakfast experience was not good. We waited too long to be seated and for for our waitress to take our order, as well as bringing a second cup of coffee. In defence of the waitress, she was run off her feet and we acknowledged this. We chose not to eat at the hotel because of that experience.

We had a great room, on ground floor, very quiet with a nice view of the mission's main building especially in the evening with the lights on the tepees and building.

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

The stay was good, but they didn't wow us
    • Standard Room

Dirty glasses left in room after cleaning and not replaced, dirty coffee filter left in coffee machine, didn't replace the bath mat after they cleaned the room. Basically details that a 4star hotel should take care of 100% of time. Tried calling property day of booking but no answer for over an hour of trying. Front desk staff were polite but didn't go out of their way to welcome us or provide any insight to the facilities. It felt like we were working harder than they were to get information about their facility. Again, not the level of service I would expect from 3 star, let alone a 4star hotel. Decent service, but didn't come close to wowing us which is what we expected given the ratings of the hotel online.

Awesome beds and very quiet rooms. Food was very good.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

Wouldn't come again
    • Premier Room with Garden View

Considering it was a long weekend, seemed the resort was very under staffed. We waited 40mins for a breakfast sandwich. Arriving to eat at 9:30am and leaving at 10:30am. Elevator had food laying on its floor and women's change rooms had a broken used condom the entire weekend. There is no microwave. Bathroom light switch and top of fridge had a sticky substance all over it. Fridge wasn't even on and our food we had in there went bad and was thrown out.

2 hot tubs and heated pool. Food was good too!

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

This is as good as a European getaway in Canada!
    • Premier Room with Garden View

The new coffee pots they have in rooms are very tempermental and we do not like espresso so did not get a good cup of coffee in morning. That's it, loved the rest.

The staff are very accomadating. The hot tubs were very comfortable this time. Last time we were there, they were too cool. Food is awesome. The views of mountains are spectacular and golf course is amazing.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

Overall good, some pluses and minuses
    • Standard Room

Driver, receptionist - so solemn. Low on basic room amenities - toilet paper, tissue, no extra blankets.

Nice location. Beautiful historic building. Appreciated quick e-mail response from staff - info was useful and accommodating. House keeping staff unavailable - so Gordy, who filled in, was very friendly. Thanks!

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

Other than one staff member, our stay was great. Food was excellent. Will definitely be back.
    • Premier Room with Garden View

The angry miserable bartender in th saloon on the evening of December 29th. It was plain to see she was miserable iwith her job. She was very mean spirited and treated her customers with disdain.