Reviews of Delta Hotels by Marriott St. John's Conference Centre 4 stars

120 New Gower Street, A1C 6K4 St. John's, Canada

#19 of 24 hotels in St. John's

• Guest Double Room with Two Double Beds

Makeshift desk at lobby. Poor access to hotel from the main Street..

This hotel was undergoing extensive renovation however the rooms were nicely completed and comfortable..

• King Guest Room

No in-house coffee shop, just the main restaurant. No snacks available. Property was undergoing renovation at the time of my stay. Very limited outside free parking. Parking garage available at an additional fee per day.

Room was very comfortable and clean. Convenient access to Convention Center, no need to go outside.

• Guest Double Room with Two Double Beds

The hotel was under major renovation. Very disrupting and would have been nice to know this ahead of time. No reduced rate due to this although once our concerns were voiced they did address this. The pool area was very dank. Construction workers had to let us in. Had to step over construction materials to get in

The staff were great and addressed our concerns promptly

• Guest Double Room with Two Double Beds

Found staff on desk a bit cold... Under renovations which is fine but extremely dusty and price high for having to accommodate with the hotel during renos ...

Bathroom size

• Guest Double Room with Two Double Beds

I wasn't happy when I got there at 4:00 and my room wasn't ready and wasn't gonna be ready for an hour or so I needed to get ready and eat and be ready fir a concert at 7:00 . There was no phone book in the room to find cabs or takeouts , we were put in a room close to construction and had to listen to knocking and banging until we left the room at 7 to go to the concert and we couldn't get to the ice machine as the room was full of plaster buckets and stuff. I had my room booked about a month in advance and I think my room should have been ready check in time and away from construction. I could have stayed across the road for $30 less but my last stay with u guys was good so I thought it would be again.

The food from the restaurant was good!! The room was clean. The front desk was friendly.

• Guest Double Room with Two Double Beds

Staff at front desk aweful customer service. Booked two nights back in nov prepaid on credit card. Due to family illness was unable to arrive for Apr 23. Tried to cancel for that one night and booking . Com would allow it only if delta would ok a refund fir that night. Delta staff would not allow a refund on the room for apr 23. Also spoke with a man from the delta to verify the room would still be there on April 24 upon arrival and he said yes it would. The lady at the front desk on April 24 said room was cancelled . Aweful service!!!!! Finally after a phone call she sarcastically made us wait half hour to get a room and was only going to give a smaller room even tho I paid fir two double beds. Aweful service I couldn't get s refund fir apr 23 due to family illness. My visa got charged two nights back nov 21,2017. As far as I'm concerned a prepaid or not it should be refund fir family illness. Never ever again will I personally book at the delta or recommend anyone to book at delta. Service sucks there!!!!! Tv wouldn't work in room. Refridgeration wasn't working in room. Terrible!!!!

• Guest Double Room with Two Double Beds

Currently under construction blocked off some floors and due to this one elevator was not in use which allowed for long line ups when trying to get back to the room was only an issue because of the dance competition

Very clean nice staff

• Guest Double Room with Two Double Beds

That I wasn’t properly informed which Delta wifi to select. I chose Delta conference instead of Delta guest,, both looked accessible,,I punched in my code and assumed by the wifi signal ON on the phone that I was signed in. Then within an hour of listening to music on YouTube I get an alert that I’ve used up half my data on my billing cycle within only 2 days!!!Probably more emphasis should be put into clarifying exactly which wifi site to choose.

• King Guest Room

Although a little expensive, restauant food is excellent and the breakfast buffet adequate. Easy access and no hassel using business centre. Taxies are readily available.

• King Guest Room

The hotel needs a complete renovation. The room carpets were soiled, the bathroom wall finishes were pealing, the taps dripped, the bed pillows were huge and uncomfortable and the average cost of $209/nite plus another approx $40/nite in taxes were excessive for the state of the property

Bed was comfortable, hotel was well located and staff were pleasant.

• King Guest Room

Extremely comfy beds and very nice rooms. Pool facility is quite dated but clean. Staff were extremely friendly, location is great - attached to the conference centre through skywalks and very close to great bars and restaurants.

• King Guest Room

Price for room. No parking except for the underground parking which was fine but I had to pay for that as well, which I can't remember seeing that when I booked my rooms.

Bed was comfy. Location was great.

• Guest Double Room with Two Double Beds

Hotel lobby, restaurant, elevator was old and tired and did smell stuffy, underground parking was dark and dirty, pool area was old and not attractive at all, breakfast was expensive and bad

Staff is very friendly, room was clean and ok with good view

• King Guest Room

Located in the centre of St.John's.The rooms are spacious, comfortable and clean. The full length windows in the room offers a great view of the city. I love the tastefully decorated lobby, especially the huge model of the ships.

• Guest Double Room with Two Double Beds

Hotel is a little tired, they are renovating. I had an old room. Ask for a new room. The gym and pool area are very tired and need an upgrade.

Central location. Friendly staff.

Everything was perfect!

Greeted at front desk by Brittany she was very engaging. We felt very comfortable talking to her. Good vibes all around. The last time we were there was 22 years ago when we were married. Brittany upgraded our room and I have to say it was beautiful. We have just started our own roofing company and are on a budget so it was an awesome surprise. Because sometimes life just does not go your way and all the staff just made us feel special. We also received a tray of sweets and Perrier water in our room later that night. Checking out we encountered the same service. We will be back. Loved your customer service. Thank you for making our stay so special and most of all for making us feel special. Brian and Lynn Penney

• Guest Double Room with Two Double Beds

The rooms and hallways were a little dated but I understand that they are undergoing renovations. It is in need of a facelift

Staff extremely friendly and helpful. Excellent location.

• Guest Double Room with Two Double Beds

The parking is a big issue. No spaces out front for checking and underground was very tight.

The bed was great. The restaurant was great. Service was very good.

• King Guest Room

the bed was not comfy and was very squeaky,in the bathroom faucet was loose, no exhaust fan and paint was scaling off the ceiling

it was in walking distance from where we went to enjoy a concert

• King Guest Room

The street noise in the rooms at the front of the hotel made it impossible to sleep. So much so that after one night we request a room change to the back of the hotel where it is much quieter.

• King Guest Room

No breakfast buffet , Our room was not at all what we expected . the carpet was dirty, our bathroom door wouldn't latch , paint was flaking of the ceiling in the bathroom , the sink didn't drain properly , the tub faucet dripped continually , the vanity top in the bathroom had a huge chunk gone out of it .

The Staff were great .

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

• King Guest Room

This was a first for me in all of my stays at this location and the one in Halifax...but there was an older gentleman wondering about the lobby, lower level and both entrances of the site the Saturday we arrived and again on the Sunday we were checking out. He approached myself and my spouse a total of 4 times during our 1 night stay to ask for cigs and money. He was quite bold and his clothes were filthy and he kept his hood up which was very intimidating, especially INSIDE the hotel. He would walk in through the lobby and down the stair case into the lower level before exiting. We were uncomfortable enough to decide to skip on the pool area as it is all exposed and open and I really didn't feel comfortable with his ability to roam freely. We decided to avoid the lower level entirely.

The staff, is always a pleasure; from the front desk people, to the staff at the restaurant to the cleaning crew. Always bright, friendly, cheerful and helpful.

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

• Guest Double Room with Two Double Beds

The shower in our room didn't work and when told to the front desk, they offered to take the parking pass of $15 off my bill. I didn't realize water wasn't included in the room rate!! No Manager on duty to speak with, needless to say, I will not be staying there again. The rooms and hallways are in need of a facelift as well.

Location of the hotel is great, all within walking distance to events and downtown.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

• Guest Double Room with Two Double Beds

Very Disappointed to find that event parking is only $10, we paid $160.00 for our room and being a hotel guest, still had to pay $15 extra on our hotel bill for parking in the same garage.

I loved the corner room we stayed in. Very spacious.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

• King Guest Room

Room service was not offered from noon until 5 pm. However one could order but had to go down and pick your food up at the bar. Staff were very accomendating.

Concierge and front desk staff were very helpful. Waitresses and taxi driver were super kind.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

• King Guest Room

The breakfast buffet was too pricey for the quality of food offered.

The beds were extraordinarily comfortable! The hotel is in a great location; beautiful and well kept.

• Reviewed: 3 September 2016

• Premier Double Room with Two Double Beds (2 Adults)

The staff were rude, the rooms need updating and things were falling apart in the room. The air conditioner falling out of the wall and the wallpaper peeling. Needs renovations! Also I had to make a noise complaint at midnight and the phone didn't work so I had to get dressed and go down to front desk.

The location is excellent

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

• King Guest Room

First night - very noisy (mechanical) - 10th floor. Linen was well used.

Delta responded by moving us to the front on 6th floor. Solved with no appreciable noise.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

• Premier King Guest Room

Buffett breakfast wasn't hot and croissants overdone. The music in the dining room during breakfast was loud hard rock. When asked, the staff changed the channel.

Beautiful view! Staff were awesome.

• Reviewed: 26 August 2016

• King Guest Room

The buffet breakfast could be maintained to look fresher. I came down at 7:30am , so fairly early in the morning and the buffet appeared picked over and wasn't inviting. I ordered from the menu.

Very friendly staff. Check in was very efficient. The room was welcoming and comfortable. Great for a short stay!

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

• King Guest Room

Check-in service was abyssmal. Then I discovered that they had failed to turn on the phone in my phone until I complained three days later that I couldn't make local calls. Bellboys failed to help us get luggage out of the car and into the hotel.

It was acceptable but the quality of service has declined significantly since I used to travel there on business. Maid service was good.

• Reviewed: 29 July 2016

• King Guest Room

stained carpet, broken lock on bathroom door--for the price, I would expect less wear and tear

Very comfortable and accommodating king room with nice views of downtown; parking garage

• Reviewed: 27 July 2016

• Premier King Guest Room

was a little more expensive than i expected but maybe that is more about my expectations not having been in St. John's for almost 30 years.High taxes not the hotel's fault as well. :-)

location , staff

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

• Delta King Room

All the service in the bar & restaurant. Food was usually cold & over priced. Service was very slow.

The young lady who was taking care of the room was wonderful. All other services were below our expectations

• Reviewed: 26 June 2016

• Premier King Guest Room

Hotel is on the old side, a little tired and in need of TLC. Value for money would have been better elsewhere.

Staff was fantastic. Can't beat the location.

• Guest Double Room with Two Double Beds

No fan in the bathroom. Charge for parking.

Excellent location!!!

It was under construction

Great location with lots of activities in the evening and close to the convention centre for daytime conference.

Staff parking assist

Good clean comfort bed

Reno’s

I was promised a "few Extras" Like a bathrobe etc. Didn't get them

• King Guest Room

The guest rooms are very dated and plain. They need to be updated.

The hotel lobby and main areas are very nice. The location is excellent.

Service at the front desk was exceptional. Very Friendly

• Premier King Guest Room

It was our Anniversary and they gave us a room on the 11th floor with the best view.

• Guest Double Room with Two Double Beds

It was a bit pricey for the hotel

Walking distance to downtown

• Guest Double Room with Two Double Beds

How early they allowed us to check in! Thank you so much.

• King Guest Room

A bit expensive! Due to lack of competition!

Location is great! Walk anywhere!

• Guest Double Room with Two Double Beds

Could use a bit of updating ie paint carpeting

View spacious dining room buffet friendliness responsive to guests needs

It was a great stay.

• Premier King Guest Room

For what you pay, the rooms should be much better.

• Premier Double Room with Two Double Beds (2 Adults)

Room could have had more perks in relation to cost of room

Dining/cafe on floor

• Guest Double Room with Two Double Beds

Rooms are a little old looking

• Guest Double Room with Two Double Beds

Nothing really. Nice stay.

Nice breakfast. Great location only 3 minutes walk to busy street with pubs and restaurants.

• Guest Double Room with Two Double Beds

Water did not drain well in the bathroom sink, but I did not complain about it.

Liked view from room. Enjoyed the comfort and quietness of the room.

• King Guest Room

Super comfy bed and pillows

Helpful staff

pillows were too soft.

• Guest Double Room with Two Double Beds

Breakfast buffet was not worth the cost of it

Beds very nice and comfortable, rooms clean and quiet

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

• Guest Double Room with Two Double Beds

Our room stunk with ciggerate smoke

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

• King Guest Room

Staff are really friendly and so helpful.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

• King Guest Room

Our mini fridge and heat seemed to be broken, which left us and our drinks very hot all night.

Room was clean, staff was friendly.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

THE ROOMS ARE BECOMING DATED

LOVE THE LOCATION TO EVERYTHING

• Guest Double Room with Two Double Beds

Charged a surprise 15 dollars and tax for parking on a big empty parking lot.

Loved the views!

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

• Guest Double Room with Two Double Beds

Decor could use an update

Bed was comfortable

Needs to be updated

Great location for downtown activities

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

• Premier King Guest Room

room was quiet, staff was helpful.

Great Staff.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

Parking rates..

Very clean and convenient location.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

• Guest Double Room with Two Double Beds

bath tub was plugged; service man fixed right away. Response time was good but problem should have be detected by staff before guests move in.

• Guest Double Room with Two Double Beds

Common areas, such as the hallways could be renovated/updated.

The Staff was very pleasant and helpful

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

• Guest Double Room with Two Double Beds

Maintenance such as peeling paint and broken door locks.

Location. Friendly staff. Goods services

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

• Guest Double Room with Two Double Beds

The staff was very friendly and helpful. We received a free room upgrade as well as being allowed a late check out time on departure day

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016