Reviews of Stay Inn Hotel Toronto 2 stars

560 Evans Avenue, Etobicoke, M8W2W1 Toronto, Canada

#47 of 133 hotels in Toronto

• Queen Room

Very clean, comfortable and good size room; Comfortable bed; Good wifi; Friendly housekeeping staff; Well managed breakfast area with a very good offering; Free parking while providing easy access to Gardiner Express-way

Access to parking lot. Also access to hotel was not friendly especially when your hands are full and you have to reach handle to open door. Sliding doors are so much easier. Hotel does not have elevator.

Nice large room. Good breakfast.

• Queen Room

I'm a very critical person but honestly I had problems finding anything wrong with the hotel. Maybe the furniture in the rooms could be a little more modern, but who cares. I'm just nit picking.

We stayed 5 days. Great hotel. Clean and QUIET. Yummy breakfast. Hot scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, toast and bagels. Cereal, fruit, yogurt, OJ. Free newspaper and free coffee available 24 hours. Free parking in well lit parking lot. Very convenient. Only 1 minute from freeway, 10 minutes from downtown and about 8 minutes to airport. Perfect location for me. Saved a lot of money by not staying in a hotel downtown. We had an excellent stay. Thank you!

• Queen Room

I wished there would’ve been a gym but not a huge deal.

The staff were really great to deal with. The room was clean and the property well maintained. Great value and very quiet. I didn’t eat breakfast at the Stay Inn but popped down for a tea. Breakfast area was very clean and the food all looked very fresh and hot!

• Queen Room

Calm place to be in. Easy access to small eating area, even at night. My daughter cold eat brunch with me at no extra charge. Staff always so co-operative.

• Queen Room

There wasn’t an elevator and had to carry heavy luggage up the stairs. Room was dark, old, no hand soap and unable to find outlet to charge phone so I had to use washroom outlet. Requested non smoking room but had to change room cause the smoke smell hit you when entered the room. Next day when showering, the towel smelled like smoke.

Staff were friendly. Breakfast was good.

• Queen Room

The entry to the lobby needs some TLC. The comforter/bed coverings is a bit old and is the only thing that needs to be refreshed. Otherwise, this place is nice.

The cleanliness of the room and hallways was great. Loved having clean sheets and white towels and pillows! Safety and location were excellent. This hotel is a hidden gem and I'd stay here again and again!

• Queen Room

Pillows were a little on the hard side.

My wife left her earrings and some wrist bangles in the bathroom and while we were having breakfast, the service staff person who was doing up our room came down with those items and said she had looked for us in the lobby, the car park, and finally found us in the breakfast room. Those bangles belonged to my Mother and have huge sentimental value, so we were very grateful.

• Queen Room

Front desk clerk could have been a bit more accommodating Seemed like because I booked online the answer was always call the online company you booked with In my world I can make decisions for the betterment of the company and customer

• Queen Room

There wasn’t a restaurant attached, I was told it was in walking distance but due to the weather I didn’t find out.

I was looking for a hotel during the Toronto ice storm, all hotels were full and this one had one room left so I took it. I called and asked if I could come in early as I had stayed at the airport the night before, and they said yes. This is a very nice, comfortable hotel. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room itself was comfortable with a queen bed, love seat, desk and dresser. Everything was clean and I didn’t have to ask for anything. They include breakfast but I had to leave before I could try it out. The hotel is about 15 minutes from the airport.

• Queen Room

I would have liked a thinner pillow. I am used to a grab bar at home, and I wish motels had them too - in the tub enclosure.

The place was clean and quiet with a parking place right outside the door. The breakfast was unexpectedly good, with waffles, scrambled eggs, good coffee, prepared fruit and excellent pastries.

• Queen Room

Property was ok, however, very sad and disappointed with greeting and interaction I received by agent on duty when I arrived from a very long trip from NJ USA. :( I'm typically treated far better in many other places throughout my Life. Hope she gets happy in her Life.

The kindness of the cleaning staff and other guests at breakfast was lovely.. And, cleanliness and order of the room. Location wasn't close to the event venue I was attending but the route to get there was easy and direct.

Light not working in our hallway. Toilet seat almost falling off. Requested ground floor when booking and was told we would have to to wait another 25 minutes and it was already 4:30 pm.

• Queen Room

Although I give Stay Inn an “A” there was one problem. The maid must have emptied an entire can of a horrible so called “Air Freshner” in my room prior to my arrival. Tell the maids that one short squirt is enough. More is NOT better. The good news is that is the only problem I’ve ever had there after many many stays over the years. If I had reported it I’m sure the management would have given me another room.

I liked almost everything!

• Queen Room

The night of Fri Feb 9 2018 the lady working the front desk had poor customer service skills and treated us like animals

all good!

I had booked to stay overnight 1 night because I was going into Toronto for a 2 day training. Glad I did because of the 2-3" of snow that totally boggles traffic in that city. I was expecting a small cold room with a hard bed and dry cereal and some stale pastries for breakfast. The room was fabulous the couch and bed were both very comfy. No sign of bugs (I always check), staff were friendly. They have a waffle maker, scrambled eggs, sausage and beans, a toaster, great coffee - far more than I expected and quite good too. Overall a great experience, close to everything I needed.

• Queen Room

Breakfast could have been better and breakfast area is extremely small which makes it difficult to move around with all the other guests. I did not realize I hadn't booked a non-smoking room so our room had a really strong smell. Even the towels smelled like cigarettes. So make sure you book a non smoking room if you can't take the smell of cigarettes.

Staff was nice and room was okay, exactly how it was shown in the pictures. Free parking

• Queen Room

The bathroom tub plug didn’t stay shut so the option of bathing instead of showering was a luxury I wish I could have had.

Bed was extremely comfortable.

• Queen Room

This has become my little get away place when I just need some me time! It’s comfortable. Super clean. Staff are pretty friendly And attentive. And It’s quite.

• Queen Room

carpet had a slight tear at the transition of tile to carpet

The beds were comfortable, shower hot and strong , very clean, breakfast was adequate for free, access was easy, rooms were quiet you could not hear others in hallway or adjacent rooms, staff very friendly

• Queen Room

wifi not secure. My phone warned me not to connect. No closet and safe box in room. No HBO and up-to-date movie channels.

Good location right off highway. Good breakfast included. Comfortable bed.

• Queen Room

The first night we had a strong smell of cigarette smoke (we were on the first floor and stated “non-smoking”)

We liked that on the first floor the doors slid open and you could park your car right outside. Made it easier to unload and pack up car. We also liked that the room had a mini fridge in it. It was clean and the bed was comfortable. We also liked the breakfast served. The waffles were delicious.

• Queen Room

We were coming to the area for the funeral of my 51 year old cousin. I did not realize the room was non refundable. When we wanted to stay closer to the funeral home booking.com as fine making the change, but the hotel was unwilling to acomodate the request. I twice asked for a manager to call me and he never did. Very unprofessional. And we were so disappointed with the hotel itself. The carpet was very dirty. You could just tell it was old and worn. I would like a refund my money for my room and the room I got my brother.

The tiny dining "closet" (which is located under the stairs!!) was so packed with tables, chairs, and people from opening till closing that we could not comfortably squeeze in even to get so much as a cup of coffee (and we tried on four mornings, at various times, so I think we know). Usually the two largish men from the reception desk and office were lounging amongst the diners, contributing inadvertently to the congestion. Because there was no microwave or coffee maker in our room, we had to leave the motel to get coffee. And although breakfast--and coffee--is supposed to be included with the room fee, with the dining area being so inadequate, it might as well not be. The lack of a closet or wardrobe in our room, or anywhere to hang our coats except on a rack which extends over one of the beds, was surprising and a bit of an inconvenience. Night one, a call girl approached my husband in the reception area, before the man she had come to meet stepped forward to claim her. Night two, at 4 a.m., a noisy fight between a seemingly drunk young woman, and a man, broke out in the parking lot. Night three, also at 4 a.m., the snow plow driver dropped his blade on the asphalt below our window, and dropped it again, and again, and again. Night four, at 4 a.m. (what is it about 4 a.m. at this place?), a meeting of the white trash debating society was held at length in the hallway outside our room.

The bathroom was clean, as was the room. Though we didn't ask for housekeeping while we were there, we did occasionally run into housekeeping staff in the hall, and they were very friendly and pleasant. So were the girls we sometimes encountered behind the desk. The men, not so much.

• Queen Room

We made specific requests regarding accessibility and by calling the location ahead (specifically a room in the first floor). Not only had we confirmed with the hotel that they had received the request throughout through booking.com, they assured us that a room would be kept so that my mother, who just had major surgery and has accessibility challenges at 75 years old, to start, would not very made to climb stairs. When we arrived we were first told that there were no rooms available and that we had not made a reservation, let alone a special request. Only after having to argue with the staff about how the room was booked did they accept our confirmation number and confirm a room was booked. The room was not on the first floor, and there was no elevators - forcing my mother to climb part way, and nearly necessitating my father (nearly 80) to carry her the rest of the way. The room itself was mostly clean, but the TV was broken (it looked like something had been thrown into it, so that only 2/3 of the pixels displayed and image) and clearly had not been moved to clean around it for a considerable amount of time. All told, the room, but especially the service, was nowhere near the price we paid for it. Disappointed all around.

• Queen Room

The bed and pillows were very comfortable. Room was spacious with a queen size bed, desk, chair, bureau, coffee table and couch. Breakfast offered hot and cold selections and several beverages. Very friendly and helpful staff. Close to shopping and highway.

Breakfast space is really small, and sometimes someone overtoast bread or else and the smell all goes to the rooms.

The room and corridors were clean, and with nice breakfast.

• Queen Room

this facility has seen extensive renovations obviously done by professional quality qualified dedicated trades people. I was impressed by the spotless cleanliness and how the facility was so tastefully decorated, gave me the impression at a lot of thought has gone into this; and not by an amature.

• Queen Room

The breakfast was good but eggs were out of the box....not real eggs.

Conveniently located close to Sherway Gardens Mall and many restaurants and businesses.

• Queen Room

dining area way too small, people were eating in hallway, mattress way too hard - not sure why my colleagues got a LOWER rate when we all booked government rate

close to location of business event, includes hot breakfast, one free movie channel, free calling anywhere in canada was awesome

• Queen Room

Would like to have seen some soap to shower with inside the shower stall.

room was clean and tidy, bed comfortable and no other noise from outside the room.

• Queen Room

cost was more than site said maid was rude to my husband otherwise a good evening

• Queen Room

Accommodated an unexpected early arrival time without objections!! Very clean facility, great breakfast and very friendly staff. Location, although not in a "touristy" area, was very good for our purposes(family visiting).

• Queen Room

No tea/coffee facilities in room but available at reception 24 hrs. No lift for 2nd floor. Neither are a big deal, just worth noting.

Good size room, comfy bed. Good breakfast with plenty of choices to suit all needs. 20 min walk from large high end shopping centre which had numerous food options, cheap to expensive. Hotel allowed us to check out later at no extra cost.

• Queen Room

No elevators, we had a lot of luggage so had to go up and down a few times.

It was close to the highway and mall, as well as the people we were visiting. The atmosphere was very welcoming and visibly clean. Rooms were neat and clean.

• Queen Room

I tried calling the front desk multiple times in the morning and received a busy signal. I waked to the front desk and there was a male worker seated on a chair tapping on his cell phone. When I approached the desk and advised him of the busy signal he did not address the issue.

• Queen Room

Room a little small and the breakfast lady should be more courteous.

The room is quite small but adequate for us. We liked that we can park our car right outside our room which makes unloading luggage easy. The room is basic so no complains as we know what we were getting into. We took the public transportation to downtown Toronto. There is a bus right outside the hotel that will take you to Kipling station and a 30 min subway ride to town. The complimentary breakfast is alright but the lady was not very friendly. It starts at 7:00 am on weekdays but folks were already down at 6:30 am and she did not even want to turn on the juice machine at least.

• Queen Room

Room smelled like it had been a smoking room until recently - an extra deep clean of curtains/carpets is probably needed.

Breakfast is OK, especially as included in price. Bed comfy, room good sized. Good shower.

• Queen Room

We were there as tourists. Although there is a busstop outside, it is still a long trip to town with at least 1 or 2 transfers. The breskfast room is to small and crowded at times.

The room was a fair size and very clean. Most staff helpfull and friendly. There is a safety deposit box, but at the front desk not in the room.

• Queen Room

Wonderful welcome from staff, they were helpful and welcoming. Well situated for public transport or highway access. I would definitely stay there again when visiting Toronto

• Queen Room

Value,location,free parking, friendly neighbourhood - we walked to the Q Restaurant and felt safe.. Breakfast was included and was good. I would definitely stay here again. I will recommend it and booking.com to my friends.

• Queen Room

Did not like the liquid soap. No soap dispenser in shower area.....only shampoo & conditioner dispenser. No elevator or ramp for handicapaccessibility.

Free parking& good breakfast & convenient location.

• Queen Room

We were shocked to find that the sofa in the room was dirty and spotted. As we arrived late and tired, we only reported this as we departed. The staff said they would deal with it right away.

The location was great for us: near the junction of the QEW and Hwy 427. The facilities were generally fine, and the breakfast much better than typical for a lower-priced hotel. The room was of a good size.

• Queen Room

The room could have been lighted a little better, and a little cleaner, but over all, great value for the money.

Central location to every where we needed to go. Lots of malls and food options within walking distance. Close to transit and always have a cab on stand-by.

• Queen Room

I didn't like that when I booked on booking.com I was asked if I would like to include breakfast for an additional cost, I did agree to purchase breakfast for all 3 mornings and found out while I was there that breakfast was free, I am disappointed that booking.com was not aware therefore I paid more per night that originally advertised :(

Staff were friendly, lots of parking, breakfast was great and room was clean!

• Queen Room

Cleanliness of the room needs improvement. There was a condom wrapper on the floor along the edge of the bed, indicating that daily cleaning is perfunctory.

• Queen Room

So-so breakfast. No plates when I arrived, so I used a bowl. Not much space, so I sat in a chair in the small lobby. They did have eggs, but were out of bacon.

• Queen Room

I booked the room for my father who uses a walker. They gave him the handicapped room and were very kind to him. He enjoyed the breakfast buffet and said the staff were wonderful and helpful.

Breakfast room was too small or too much people wanted to eat at the same time. Soap was missing on the bath only.

The room was super with its equipments.

• Queen Room

Could not cancel second night even though we did not need it! Because it was booked through Booking. com which is ridiculous. Also this survey does not have a place to indicate wife or husband only partner.

The refrigerator wasn't very cold and there wasn't any way to adjust colder. The breakfast bar was okay, but they didn't refill food after 9:30, the bacon was under-cooked for my taste, and the area was cramped and hard to move around. It had a nice variety of choices: cereal, toast, bagels, wheat bread, eggs, bacon, yogurt, and pastries.

The beds were comfortable and the room was very clean. We liked being on the first floor and having the ability to load the car via sliding patio doors was a plus.

Nothing, it was perfect.

We were so impressed that we stayed an extra two nights. The breakfast was probably the best we ever had in an economy hotel. The homemade cookies were a nice treat after breakfast. The staff at the front desk was excellent and friendly, it was a most enjoyable experience. We will definitely go back if we return to Toronto.

• Queen Room

We arrive much earlier than check in time. They let us park the car and told us how to get to Toronto- bus stop across the street to the subway and into Toronto- very convenient.

• Queen Room

They kicked us out after one night! I'm stillllll waiting for you guys to rectify that!! They said it smelled after one nigjt. I said come in and prove it. They never did of course. It's because it wasn't handicapped. My wife is in a wheelchair. After they kicked us out, they rented at a higher rate. I'll tell everyone how awful it was. 2 wrrks now, nothing. Text 203 501 0976 bemail hard to get

• Queen Room

Couch in room had been sprayed/treated/cleaned with something that caused a reaction for my wife. It wasn't obvious but she is sensitive to smells and fragrances. Room needs more accessible outlets for charging phones/tablets.

Breakfast selection was very good. Coffee was marginal quality but the choice of food was perhaps the best I have seen in free breakfasts. A big plus.

• Queen Room

At check in staff made a room on the main floor available for us so we didn't have to carry all our stuff up the stairs. We really appreciated that excellent service. Liked being able to catch bus across the street from hotel to the subway, then downtown and come back the same way. Very economical and didn't have to drive or park in downtown Toronto. Comfortable room and good breakfast.

• Queen Room

Dirty socks empty pop cans and hair accessories left in our room. After complaining to the front desk they took it upon themselves to enter our room while we were gone and clean. With no compensation

• Queen Room

No microwave or coffee pot in room. Room was on the small size for 3 people with baggage.

The shower was wonderful. The breakfast was good - the typical breakfast offered at most motels. Expressway access easy and downtown very accessible.

• Queen Room

A little way out of town but fine if you have a car and compensated for by being so pleasant to stay at.

Very comfortable, good sized room with proper desk for laptop. Guest laundry too.

• Queen Room

I did not like the fact I didn't get the St Joes hospital rate as that is why I'm here. My son is in there for a week. Because I booked through booking.com, I'm not getting the discount. Very unhappy about that. The hospital never informed me as I had called prior to see if they were affiliated with any hotels or b and bs. I'm paying an extra $25.00 a night due to this. That's $125.00 I could have saved which I could certainly use. This is not a fun time!

The location.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

• Queen Room

Our room shared a wall with the main lobby. AVOID THIS ROOM!!! You will not sleep because guests at the hotel use the main lobby area as their 'party room' and are loud until the early hours. Request for a room at the far end of the hotel.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

• Queen Room

Not a good eating place in walking distance

The staff was very friendly and very helpful. Room was clean. Bed was comfortable. All in all it was a very good place to stay.

• Queen Room

Nothing significant apart from having to change rooms but as stated this was caused by a fellow guest - not the hotel, who helped me out considerably.

Very good value and within easy reach of public transport to Downtown Toronto. I had an issue with a loud and troublesome neighbour - not the Hotels fault but they helped me considerably and changed my room very late at night. All in all a very good value option convenient for Downtown and the airport. Breakfast was very good - very good hot cooked options available.

• Queen Room

They should have soap bars and not liquid soap. Liquid is a waste and uses more water to clean it up.

The parking is very good, in the hotel and always have places. Breakfast was very good. Beds were comfortable. The place is away from busy highways so it's quiet.

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

• Queen Room

The parking in this hotel is awesome. It's free but also in the same place so you feel your car is safe. Bed was comfortable and they gave us a good breakfast! We arrived late and didn't have any issues for check in

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

• Queen Room

Unfortunately, the Stay Inn loses a few points for cleanliness due to a smear on the wall and a couple of centipedes in the bathroom. I would (and probably will) stay at the Stay Inn again, but I would appreciate some reassurance that their cleaning standards have been improved.

The Stay Inn has lovely hotel rooms; ours had a big double bed, a table and two chairs, a couch and coffee table, and all the other amenities you would expect. The staff were very helpful. The location is convenient, just off the Gardiner Expressway, great for those of us who have to drive in and out of the city of Toronto on occasion. The free parking in such an easily accessible parking lot is a big bonus for me. The breakfast buffet is a nice bonus too, although the space doesn't seem quite large enough for how popular their breakfast buffet actually is. It has a variety of juices, coffee, yoghurt, toast, scrambled eggs, bacon, pastries, and a waffle iron with freshly made waffle batter!

• Queen Room

Carpet in room had seen better days. Access to 2nd floor rooms was a flight of stairs. Anyone with mobility issues or large amount of luggage should request a first floor room.

Bathroom was immaculate. Breakfast was good. Hotel was very quiet. Although our trip was for events downtown, access to the Gardiner Expressway was nearby and we reached our destinations quickly and easily.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

• Queen Room

Location was right off the highway. Cost to stay was much cheaper than being in downtown Toronto. We were going to a cycling show at the better living centre and the 10 - 15 minute drive was worth the cheaper rate

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

• Queen Room

Dirty bathroom. Dried urine drips on toilet. Floor around the toilet filthy!! Yuck!! Ruined the trip. Bathroom MUST BE CLEAN. Wallpaper falling off. Never suggest this place

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

• Queen Room

The pillows were just a bit to thick for my taste but I slept still well. My husband found the bed uncomfortable but he has always difficulties to sleep in hotel beds.

the room has been large and cosy with a huge TV. Much nicer then anticipated and quiet. We only stood for one night. The bed was comfy and the bath had a great showerhead. The biggest surprise has been the breakfast. Porcelain cups and plates and real cutlery and no plastic! Good assortment of items and the warm ones were tasty.

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

This is our fourth stay over the years. Room was good but now could use refurbishing. Never enough power outlets to plug in computers, etc.

Convenient location for us to visit family. Beds were very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

Would recommend this venue. Public transport just across the road, very well maintained facilities, breakfast was very good and rooms very comfortable. Travelling as a family it suited our needs very well.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

Hum of the highway could be a problem for some. Didn't really present a problem for me.

My main concern was location and availability of free parking. My room was neat & clean, supplied with all I needed. Perfect for my purposes...simply an overnight stay & a comfortable bed. TV worked well and was easy to use.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

• Queen Room

The bed was very comfortable. Very nice LG TV Towels were great Liked the shampoo and conditioner and body lotions. No tiny bottles! A good system.

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

• Queen Room

Get rid of carpets in rooms. Gross, get vinyl por ceramic plank floors Easier to clean.

Great breakfast, although O was ill and could not eat, was surprised by the choice. If I stay over in Toronto, this will be my place of choice.

Browse Stay Inn Hotel Toronto traveller photo gallery