Reviews of Staybridge Suites London 3 stars

824 Exeter Road, N6E 1L5 London, Canada

#10 of 40 hotels in London

There were small children running the halls making an abundance of noise at 11:30 at night. There should be a quiet time & staff should check the floors from time to time.

It was an overall great experience. Most staff were helpful & friendly (except 1) The rooms are very clean as well as the rest of the hotel. The rooms had full size fridge, microwave n dishwasher as well as utensils. Which was convenient. We had our breakfast outside in the morning which was a nice change from most hotels

• Queen Studio - Non-Smoking

Both times I stayed I was able to check in early because of a medical condition. The room was huge with a kitchenette completely stocked with salt, pepper, glasses, plates etc, a sitting area and a desk. The staff were warm, welcoming, and very helpful. The breakfast had lots of choices! Can't wait to stay there again, a definite home away from home feeling.

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The $45 pet fee for one night is outlandish and highway robber. It is not very well documented or at least easily found on the booking site.

Friendly staff

• Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

Told desk 10 am cut off time breakfast got there 855 am getting breakfast lights shut off in dark getting meal and everything put away fast. Also did not know renovating time booking so terrible noise at breakfast and front door removed as well as swimming and mess dirt everywhere and men working everywhere awful mess.

Bed good and room great.

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

We were impressed there was a complementary dinner offered! We did not eat since we had just eaten before getting to the hotel. Breakfast in the morning was very good

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

First person we talked to was not accommodating. We asked to get in one and half hours early as we had food and we're heading to our sons hockey game and we were told flat out no, check in is at 4:00 come back! The food for breakfast was not appealing for people with food allergies!

Size of suite!

• Queen Studio - Non-Smoking

Staff is stellar ! First time American visitor ! Did not do my homework & had self in flicked tech ProbLEMS. They were very helpful! And what could have stressful they helped solve and all went well !

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

I brought my mother to this location because she was scheduled for eye surgery at one of the city's hospitals...if I would have booked my appt by phone I would have gotten a discount.

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

We where disappointed in the rooms beds. The pull out couch was so uncomfortable I don't think they ever check the mattresses. Springs coming though and broken underneath. I let magament know but of course their was nothing they could do. The Breakfast was okay. The eggs where cold and the sausage look inedible. But the fruit was nice.

The room had a bit of space.

• One-Bedroom Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Staff were friendly and breakfast starts at 6.00 am, which is very good for a early waker like me to get with the day going.

The hotel was located close to some wonderful restaurants and shops, though I could walk to them, driving might be the easiest. Parking is adequate and on property. As you get off 401, and if you are depending on a GPS for navigation, one might miss the property as we did, since it is behind multiple other hotels. So look out on the back for the property.

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The room was terrible, we would have to make up the couch for my daughter to sleep on and we were supposed to get two queen beds, only came with one, very tiny room! Tiny bathroom.

It was a beautiful foyer

• Queen Studio - Non-Smoking

I didn't like the fact there was a lot of kids that weekend running up and down the hallways at 9:30 at night. I wish when you make your reservations they would let you know this. I wanted a relaxing weekend with my boyfriend and the kids were up early yelling and running around. Couldn't even sleep in.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

• One-Bedroom Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Lights and power shut off in the breakfast room promptly at 10 am even though there were guests still getting breakfast items. We were toasting a bagel and staff had to turn the power back on to complete the toasting. Seemed a little abrupt. Breakfast is offered until 10 am but perhaps gently removing items or waiting a few minutes until guests have finished preparing their plates would be more courteous.

Enjoyed our stay! Room was comfortable, with separate bedroom and full kitchen. Enjoyed the included breakfast. Friendly staff. There are no ice machines, but staff will bring you a full bag of ice upon request.

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

I didn't like the fact that the price I was told at the hotel was more than the price I was told on booking.com. And both prices were in Canadian funds.

The hotel staff was very pleasant. The hot breakfast was very good, many options. The pool and rooms was very clean. I would stay there again.

nothing I didn't like

every thing was great! they had gluten free bread for breakfast. We came for a medical appointment for my son at the sick kids hospital The staff are friendly, clean super nice rooms.

• Reviewed: 7 April 2017

• Queen Studio - Non-Smoking

The lady at reception was friendly and informative. She always had answers to our questions! I enjoyed the suite layout and booking the room was easy and convenient. Would recommend!

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

there was no room cleaning over the weekend. With a family of 4, including a 5 month old infant, the room was filthy and smelly by monday. We left early, fed up of paying top stay in a filthy room.

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was so-so. Would have preferred "real" eggs and grilled sausage vs what appeared to be boiled.

We had all the comforts of home. My husband was very impressed with the room. Late night staff was extremely friendly and accommodating. Cleaning staff, early morning servers, everyone had a smile for their guests.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Sofa pull out mattress was not very comfortable but they rarely are.

The breakfast was great. Dinner was included with our stay. We had a kitchenette and everything home could provide. It was more then we expected. Very clean, quick check in and out with no issues. We would love to see this hotel up in the Owen Sound area!

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

• Queen Studio - Non-Smoking

Staff at front desk super helpful and accommodating. Enough room in suite for playpen and pullout couch. Pool to ourselves for the most part and breakfast for the whole family with choices for everyone!

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

• One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

$19 + tax in-room movies is too high, in my opinion. A water main broke (which is unavoidable) but no one knew how to turn off the alarm after the fire department determined it was safe to return to room. Room much smaller than photos seemed. Breakfast was free, which was nice, but the hot options looked unappetizing.

Pillows were very nice.

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Dinner buffet and home theatre were nice percs,loved having a full kitchen in the room. Room was very nice with comfy bed, fitness room was used daily.We'll come back!

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

• One-Bedroom Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Needed softer kleenex and toilet paper..both a little scratchy

living space, kitchen and separate bedroom; great pool, free laundry facilities; shopping malls close by

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

• One-Bedroom Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was slow to be refilled. We waited about ten minutes for fresh eggs and bacon to come out both times we went. Also, a bit more selection of warm food would be great. For example, pre-made pancakes or hash browns.

Ammenties, space in the room, everything was spotless. Great staff with friendly attitudes.

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Queen studio was Smaller than expected. Bedding for sofa bed wasn't available in room and when we requested it, only half the supplies were provided.

Front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. Just off 401, many restaurants nearby.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

• Queen Studio - Smoking

I'd like to see them offer there breakfast from 7-11 as opposed to 7-10, sometimes you just need to sleep in a little

Love the fact that they still offer smoking rooms, we stay here mainly because other chains discontinued offering them

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

N/A I was quite happy with everything.

The staff that greeted us was fabulous and very helpful. They offered amenities that I have never received before anywhere else I've stayed. The facility was also very clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The chlorine content in the pool seemed a little high. My husband's eyes and skin were slightly irritated.

Great location for our purposes. Close to shopping as well. Liked the kitchenette facilities in the room.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

• One-Bedroom Double Suite - Smoking

Well.Manager was somewhat curt & patronizing especially when asked why I am not to smoke in Suite or a $250.00 incidental fee would apply.I challenged him that even though Im a Non Smoker " documented "in Reservation and stated during actual phone conversation relating to requested earlier check in time. I asked Him why the Suites advertised All Smoking Facility and verbally reminded me by person handling my early check in time. His response was CURT.PATRONIZING.Somewhat RUDE and INSISTED that the $250.00 must be paid upon check in and then stressed that once I check out my room would be examined for any evidence of Smoking and any Breakages. If so the $250.00 would not be returned to me. I chose to submit this Incidental Fee and Checked In. Well, when I entered the room an Ashtray and Book of Matches were situated on the Television Cabinet along with Scent of Cigarette Smoke lingering in air the whole time very thick in the morning😑in

Decor.spacious.nice televisions in both rooms

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

• Queen Studio - Non-Smoking

Would like to make tea without using the coffee maker which makes tea taste gross. Microwave or small kettle. Common problem in hotels. No USB ports in room. FYI Only Subway within walking distance (not the hotel's problem) for smaller, cheaper food option.

Comfortable bed. Quiet. Nice to have lunch and dinner buffet options. Use the back elevators as they are less busy. Went to the Subway across the street for quick sandwiches and breakfast. 5 minute free shuttle ride to the airport. Pool looked like fun. Fitness room well equipped except had to ask for Sani wipes. Manager advised and quickly provided. Room nicely made up every day if desired.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

To be honest I can't think of anything I didn't like.

The room was quite spacious and I liked that there was a fully functional kitchen as I was with my 4 kids. The room was clean and cozy. They had lots of extra pillows blankets and towels as well.the staff were pleasant.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

• One-Bedroom Double Suite - Non-Smoking

The pool was small & it was so hot in the pool area. Also, our door lock broke on the day we were checking out. The front desk staff had to go get a master key to get in but then we couldn't leave our room all morning or we would be locked out again & have to go through the whole process of getting someone to basically break into our room. This made packing the car more difficult and also made it so we couldn't use the pool before we left.

The room itself was a nice size and the beds were comfy. We had a one bedroom suite.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was excellent and delicious and plentiful, however there really should be another toaster. It was a very long wait to toast anything.

The staff was very friendly and accommodating. Great location, easy to find and many amenities nearby.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

• Queen Studio - Non-Smoking

There really wasn't any thing that I didn't like, but in all honesty I really didn't check out much of the hotel except for my room. I didn't do the pool or exercise room or any of that stuff, so I can't really give any opinion for those amenities

I liked the kitchenette and basically the set up of the room that I had. It was a comfortable stay and I usually do not feel comfortable in hotel rooms. Not the case with this stay I was totally at home!!!

• Reviewed: 14 September 2016

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Super friendly staff. Awesome breakfast included. Excellent value. Nice to know that pets can be included, this is helpful for future trips to London as we are soon getting a small dog.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

• Standard Suite

Fitness room was hot. Thermostats seem to have own mind. Pool towels ran out on busy weekend and 2 hours later, still no towels. Staff said "they're in the laundry". Need a few more.

Very clean and quiet unless you get a room behind the elevator. Great value with breakfast, kitchen, fitness room, free laundry and pool for similar price to others without. We used back patio and pool for small family reunion. Staff were super. Housekeeping room details like the Mariott.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

• Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

The hotel changed ownership the day after we arrived, creating some confusion. There was an initial problem regarding the room charge until the Booking.com confirmation was shown to them. They did honour the fee quoted.

The suite rooms are excellent for families and having free laundry machines was a bonus.

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

People were still coming down for breakfast after finish time. Instead of letting them eat the staff took everything away. One family had young kids. I didnt think that was fair.

Staff were nice. Very clean.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Ice maker didn't work in room fridge so had to go to front desk to get ice. No sheets on pull out sofa bed and had some crumbs in it

Location is perfect close to all amenities and white oaks mall. Staff very friendly and helpful. Breakfast had wide variety and changed daily

• Reviewed: 19 August 2016

Unfriendly breakfast lady

The rooms are well-appointed. It's nice to have a small kitchen to prepare some meals. Breakfast has a good selection but dinner isn't as good (still a bonus to have it provided Mon-Thurs). Swimming pool is wonderful to have, especially for the kids. Free laundry is fantastic. Front desk staff are great.

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

• One-Bedroom Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Friendly staff, clean and modern facilities. The complimentary bbq was a nice surprise for the family. The breakfast was also very good. Pool was perfect for the kids and the fitness area was great as well.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Rooms are noisy (you hear everything in the room next to yours and the corridor). Breakfast quality is poor.

Kitchen in the room. Easy access from highway.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

• One-Bedroom Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Great location--walking distance to malls, many restaurants and easy access to hwy. Nice surprise of not only free breakfast, but also complimentary dinner Mon-Thurs. Very friendly staff, good pool, clean rooms. Will come to stay again!

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

• Queen Studio - Non-Smoking

Our room was too close to the breakfast area and very loud in the early morning. The room shouldn't be used at all, because of its location.

Clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The only thing I didn't like was that fact that I had to leave.

Being only half away staff was awesome in showing my how to make my own waffle. Room was one of best I have stayed in, AC was exceptionally cool.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

WiFi in our room 230 was not great. Had to sit in a certain spot to get 2 bars. Hall way to the pool got us full bars but was not needed there. Did not care for the maid sweeping the lobby floors with a broom beside us while we had breakfast. Kicking up a lot of dust and hair balls. Dry mop could be a better choice before the damp pad mop. Could use a larger better garbage pail in the breakfast lounge. The room photos showed a larger and more spacious room. Probably used a 10 mm lens.

Good location. Good breakfasts. Clean facilities. The bonus supper offered Monday to Thursday was Ok. Enjoyed the included room service for clean towels and a tidy up each day.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

• Queen Studio - Non-Smoking

there was a weird damp smell throughout all of the halls, they could use a bottle of febreeze, bed was too soft

staff was friendly, nice kitchen area in suite

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

Nothing -everything was great

Staff were so friendly -especially reception. Good breakfast , huge suite and so affordable . Pool was great after long drive in the heat. Free laundry was great too

• Reviewed: 17 July 2016

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Absolutely dirty We stayed for 8 nights. Same bed sheets Never cleaned the room and the bathroom until last day. When asked they said this is Staybridge policy. Breakfast is bad

Room is big I like the kitchenett

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Pull out couch had food in it and was so bad we had to get a rollaway to sleep on. Skipped free breakfast as I didn't want to get potential e.coli from ham floating in liquid and burnt rubber eggs. Even the coffee was disgusting.

staff were friendly

• Reviewed: 10 July 2016

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The staff cannot do enough to help, very friendly. They offer complimentary meals during week days which was such a nice touch. We planned to stay two days but ended up staying four days we loved it so much.

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Skeletal cleaning services available on the weekend and requests had to be made by 5:00 on Friday which was before we checked in.

Helpful and friendly staff, great location near highway but without the highway noise and good breakfast.

• Reviewed: 4 July 2016

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Only a few more gluten free items for breakfast, like yogurt.

Loved you are pet friendly. The room was wonderful. We did not use the little kitchen, but it was very nice. Breakfast was good, limited gluten free foods, yogurt would have been nice.

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Not walking distance to restaurants

Room size

• Queen Studio - Non-Smoking

Couldn't find the ice machine

Good breakfast

The bonus evening meal !

Close to highway

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

I preferred the old set up the reno's make it look small and not as comfortable

Large rooms

Comfy bed

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Pool was very small for size of motel

• Queen Studio - Non-Smoking

Very friendly staff and overall just great

Infrequent housekeeping. We stayed in two rooms in two different floors though we are one family. Staff didn't offer any alternatives.

Staff help.

• Queen Studio - Non-Smoking

bed was a bit small but we coped

staff was very accommodating.....did what they could to make us comfortable

• One-Bedroom Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Great breakfast; suite style room was great; friendly front desk staff; free laundry facilities

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

it was a little hard to connect to the wifi at times and figuring out the tv was impossible

the desk receptionist was incredible and super helpful.

• Queen Studio - Non-Smoking

full cleaning of the room only on request. only light touch cleaning is done

location, good size rooms, friendly staff, laundry on site, free parking

Clean service location

Breakfast eggs

Excellent hotel staff,comfy beds,loved the free laundry feature

• One-Bedroom Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Internet access is a flop!

Location is convenient!

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

uh, some people spill coffee on the floor and they don't cleaned.

We like the rooms very spacious and conform Plus clean rooms.

breakfast was great

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Excellent. Nine place great people.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

all good. top to bottom

• Queen Studio - Smoking

Smoking rooms in the hotel

Pool and the food was really good,breakfast and dinner was awsome

Browse Staybridge Suites London traveller photo gallery