Reviews of Staybridge Suites Guelph 3 stars

11 Corporate Court, N1G 5G5 Guelph, Canada

#3 of 15 hotels in Guelph

• Standard Room

No service in the room during the weekend, and during the week is very poor. Also, there is no bar to drink/eat during the day (only machine with water)

• Queen Studio - Non-Smoking

Although the staff were nice, they were wearing blazers that looked really cheap/frumpy. not exactly meeting the brand image.

Our dogs were very comfortable there and welcomed. Breakfast was fabulous.

• Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

My family stayed in a 2 bedroom suite for 1 night and it was great! Very impressive, neat, very comfortable and has a well-stocked kitchen. We liked the fact that the hotel is a pet-friendly facility. Amenities are good as well. Will definitely visit Staybridge Suites in other locations, too!

• Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

Could not find my reservation at first, panic just a bit. But all was well.

It was immaculate on walking in. Quiet and well decorated in a comfortable style. The rooms were amazing. I upgraded to the 2 bedroom suite for more room and it was wow! 2 bathrooms, 2 bedrooms of course, full kitchen with accessories, quiet, clean and I could not hear my 3 university girls at all once I shut my door. So relaxing. The price a little high but it was worth it. Found a gem but you need a car for sure to get places.

• One-Bedroom Double Suite - Non-Smoking

The view was a bit industrial.

Staying in a suite with 2 kids, it was wonderful to have the extra space. Breakfast was delicious and fresh with plenty of choices. And, yes, the pool was warm!

• One-Bedroom Double Suite - Non-Smoking

The eggs that they served at breakfast were not that great.

We loved the layout of the room. It was clean. The staff were friendly. The pool was warm. The price was good,

• One-Bedroom Double Suite - Non-Smoking

I thought the room I booked had 2 queen beds. It was 2 double beds and were not very comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was the worst I have ever had.

Liked the price. The indoor pool was nice but towels were lacking or the size that would dry a small baby

• One-Bedroom Double Suite - Non-Smoking

This is an exceptional hotel - the facilities and suites are always immaculately clean and well cared for. The staff is friendly and the breakfast is always good.

• One-Bedroom Double Suite - Non-Smoking

I travelled to Guelph as my dog required dental surgery. Due to the inclement weather I decided to depart the day before. I was under stress worrying about my dog. My stay at the Staybridge made everything less stressful. The suite was very clean and the bedding and towels were exceptional. I enjoyed the complimentary social and breakfast. The bonus was that my little dog was welcome and she enjoyed a restful sleep before her surgery. I wish I had the opportunity to travel more so I could stay in one of your properties again in the future.

• Queen Studio with Hot Tub - Non-Smoking

Shower head broke on Friday night. Told they would have fixed Saturday am. Sat night still not fixed. Left Sunday still no shower. Staff said no maintenance staff work on weekends. Paid for a new hotel room left smelling like a homeless person

Close to town and not to far of the hwy

• Queen Studio - Non-Smoking

Having to lift up the door to get it to latch closed. On a previous stay the shower wasn't draining and I had to ~ clear ~ the blockage, to finish my shower... Hotel staff was informed on checkout hopefully they have carried out their maintenance checks on the other rooms.

Comfortable room with excellent breakfast buffet. Dog rate cheaper then in Toronto, but still too high in my opinion.

• Queen Studio - Non-Smoking

Having to "clear" the shower drain as the water wasn't draining, informed the front desk on check out, hopefully they checked the other rooms in the mean time.

Wifi a little slow

Good value and location; hotel going through renovations and a wire cut accidentally by workman making the fire alarms go off. Staff kept us well informed and things were dealt with in a timely fashion

• Queen Studio - Non-Smoking

As I walked in to my room at first there was this weird smell that I thought would disffuse once the Ac starts and later that night I had difficulty sleeping due to the smell. Figured out someone might have been smoking in a non smoking room as the sliding windows were kept open. The house keeping should have vented out the room properly prior to my check in. My overall stay was unpleasant as I m allergic to smoking. During check out I mentioned to the reception and they reimbursed me with 20 something dollars.. seriously I paid $160 plus dollars for an uncomfortable night.

• One-Bedroom Double Suite - Non-Smoking

I can honestly say nothing

I took my daughter and friends for my daughter's birthday they were treated so amazing and we all had a blast. My daughter felt very special

• Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

The weather 😃 we were told that we had arrived during the worst summer weather in a long time. Thunderstorms were amazing though.

We were attending a sports event at University of Guelph so enjoyed being able to avail of early breakfast and having facilities in the room to cook. Enjoyed the free managers reception and food on Monday Tuesday and Wednesday. Free use of laundry and barbecue area. Staff really helpful.

• One-Bedroom Double Suite - Non-Smoking

The front desk girl wasn't the most helpful in giving me all the details when I wanted to pay cash upon arrival but that was just a hiccup to a great stay. Was kind of bummed we were in an industrial area but was fantastic when we realized how close we were to daily conveniences. (restaurants, gas, things to do)

• One-Bedroom Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Their was nothing really I didn't like but would like to see the dinners on the evenings Monday to Wednesday continued for rest of week.

The bed were very comfortable, the kitchens are well equipped, food was good staff very friendly and helpful, and the fact that the use of the laundry facilities were free was an added bonus,and having the use of the gym and the pool was also great. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

I didn't like that we did not have an adjoining room with our kids, and the fact that our room was right off the elevators that was all we heard all night needless to say it doesn't matter how nice or comfortable the bed is we didn't sleep well with the consist buzzing of the elevator

The breakfast was absolutely amazing, it was hot always replenished quickly and lots of choices for the entire family to enjoy

• One-Bedroom Double Suite - Non-Smoking

The beds are very uncomfortable and need improvement. Rooms are dated and starting to show wear.

Visited Guelph because daughter will be attending the University. Hotel is in a nice quiet location on the south end of Guelph. Overall, hotel is nice and good value although in need of updating. Friendly staff, nice rooms and a light breakfast and dinner are provided. Close to shopping, restaurants by car. Free wi-fi (although reception could be iffy).

• Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

Nothing. Couldn't fault it. Excellent experience and amazing value for money.

Suite we stayed (3 adults, 2 children) was excellent. Spotlessly clean, comfortable beds, good shower, 2 bedrooms, I lounge, very well equipped kitchen, ice maker in freezer, 3 TVs.

• Standard Room

The staff were unhelpful when we arrived as they would not let us check in right away (we arrived at 2, not 3). Lobby smelled.

The room was large and included a decent sized bathroom and kitchenette.

• One-Bedroom Double Suite - Non-Smoking

They charged me more than the original price was on booking. They said it is booking.com's mistake and this is the regular price all the time. I was so disappointed because of that.

I liked the breakfast.

• One-Bedroom Double Suite - Non-Smoking

A good 40 mins drive from Toronto airport. Traffic can be heavy at times if you got to travel from here to city.

Comfortable & spacious room with mini kitchen provided. Laundry service is free & simple but good decent breakfast provided. 5 min drive to restaurants & supermarket.

• One-Bedroom Double Suite - Non-Smoking

The location is a little out of the way. But with free parking on site, it's not far to the main shopping area.

The rooms are suites with fully equipped kitchen and living area. The pool was clean and warm and the breakfast was great (with a little mini-golf for the kids while you sip your coffee)! Travelling with 2 kids under 10 is a breeze at this location.

• Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

The brand of comp coffee needs to be looked at. All else great

We attended my son's grad at U of G although it's a bit further to travel the value for money was outstanding. The two bedroom family suite was very large. Comp breakfast was great. They do have dinners throughout the week but we didn't sanmple the meals. Very clean easy parking and placément is accessible to all needs. Loved it

• Queen Studio - Non-Smoking

Nothing really. A very nice and comfortable hotel

The bed and new pillows was excellent. My lady was having some back problems and stated that the firm bed helped her, and we both slept very comfortably. Suite was large, clean and well equipped. Breakfast was excellent: well prepared with varied food and beverage options. Staff was helpful, a little inexperienced but pleasant. Price point was very reasonable.

• One-Bedroom Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Didn't like the sink area without a door - I got up earlier than my daughter and woke her up drying my hair

Excellent buffet breakfast included. Rooms were a nice size

• Queen Studio - Non-Smoking

For the price i paid and location there should have been a restaurant there within the hotel. The nearest selection of restaurants was 2km away. The bath-tub in my room was uneven in certain corners. I fell and hit my head while showering.

Breakfast was healthy and good. Room was quite and comfotable.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

• Queen Studio - Non-Smoking

Wifi in my room worked intermittently. The closest router was not working but was not repaired/replaced during my stay. Luckily, I was not too dependent on the internet during this stay.

Nice room with kitchen facilities, good breakfast, very quiet (couldn't hear a TV or other sounds from adjacent rooms), and, although not close to the city centre, conveniently located by the freeway. Fitness area was small but fine - all the equipment was in working order.

• One-Bedroom Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Wine served in glasses instead of styrofoam cups. After all the niceties of everything else, I was surprised to get wine in a cup like that, but that's just a very small thing.

Excellent breakfast, WARM pool :), the little touches that made us feel at home, kitchen well stocked, beds were VERY comfortable and warm, Nicely decorated, fitness room was GREAT. It was cold when we walked in, the after you work up a sweat, that cool fan is heavenly! The little things like that, your hotel did very well in making us comfortable. I have finally found the hotel chain I'm going to stay with!

• One-Bedroom Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Nothing it was all good,.

The facilities were great, the suite was spacious and gave our family to room and amenities we needed. The complementary breakfast was great, we ate there ea h morning, lots of variety and good tasting food

• Reviewed: 27 January 2017

• One-Bedroom Double Suite - Non-Smoking

The breakfast could have been better. I didn't like that paper plates and plastic cutlery were used.

Nice layout of room. Bed was comfortable. Great to have a separate living room and kitchen.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

• One-Bedroom Double Suite - Non-Smoking

The lumpy pillows in our room were frankly the worst pillows I have ever experienced in a hotel. Too bad because I really liked the hotel overall, but if you can't sleep.......

Loved the sitting area in the suite for sitting while others still sleeping. Could even make myself a cup of tea!The decor was simple, clean and lovely. The breakfast was generous and the atmosphere in lobby was great too!

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

• Queen Studio - Non-Smoking

Housekeeping service needs to be improved. We were there 6 nights and had to ask for clean towels. Light housekeeping once included straightening of the bed

Staff were freindly

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

• Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

There could have been more cooking pans. Also, the desk was in the double bedroom. It should have been in the living area, however the living area was very small. Also, no high def TV.

It was a quiet hotel.

• One-Bedroom Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Staff was just o.k. at reception. We did not feel particularly welcome and because we were there on the weekend, there was only "light" housekeeping, which meant very little other than making beds (no clean towels, no dishes in dishwasher...). Beds were not the most comfortable and the living area furniture was not very comfortable. Also the shower curtain made it such that the bathroom virtually flooded every time we showered which made the floor dangerously slippery.

One bedroom room layout is great. Room was clean. Breakfast was really good.

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

• One-Bedroom Double Suite - Non-Smoking

I have stayed in the past many times in Staybridge facilities but found on this occasion the staff were distracted and one staff member seemed unnecessarily abrupt. The breakfast was disappointing. Normally this is a highlight. As we came down at 9:10 am we were made to feel that of course we shouldn't expect much... apparently all the drinks machines had to be shut down, including milk for cereal, there was only fruit, yogurt and toasted items available (two omelettes were there on arrival but by the time I poured the last of the coffee into a small cup and took it to my table at about 9:20 everything hot had been eaten or cleared away) There were 10 or 12 other guests in the dining area at the time and at least three people were unable to get any beverage as all machines were off, coffee finished etc. The room was fine but lacked a sofa bed in the living area so made for a crowded stay for 4 people as the beds were small doubles. The location was handy to the highway but nothing else.

clean quiet easy to find staff on the morning of departure

• Reviewed: 3 September 2016

• One-Bedroom Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was not available at 9.50am on a Sunday. Staff member wasn't happy but turned machine back on for us

The friendlness of the lady at reception, when we arrived and when we left, who asked how the wedding went.

• Reviewed: 3 September 2016

• Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

Room was noisy because of Aircon Ducts right behind main bedroom wall. Would grind all night. When brought to the Managers attention, nothing was done, but I guess there's not much they could do as I think that it is just poorly designed building. Beds are comfortable but maybe they should spend $10 on some decent pillows. Came back to Hotel on Saturday night to find that beds weren't made, room wasn't cleaned or any fresh towels. Advised manager who said they don't do the rooms on weekends unless you ask?? So we made our own beds & collected out own towels!! I cannot believe you have to ask for your room to be serviced. Breakfast very bland & you don't get real plates & cutlery on weekends. You get plastic plates, bowls & cutlery, which are crap. if you ask for the real stuff, you'll be interrogated as to why you need them !! Their excuse is that they only have one staff member in the Kitchen on Weekends, who can't handle the workload of doing dishes. Was expecting more from this Hotel chain as we have stayed in these before & with the rate they charge one would expect better service. Checked reviews before deciding to book, which gave them a good rap. I think that most of their issues are because of a lack of staff & most staff don't really care. They have posters on the walls & in the Elevator asking you to score the quality of their service. They want 10 out of 10 & if you can't score them a 10 let them know your concerns & they will endeavour to resolve the issues. Maybe the Owner or Management need to actually stay there for a few nights & see if they can honestly score themselves well. Don't recommend staying at this one unless your not fussy or don't have a choice.

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

• Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

Pool area but Monday manager resolved it.

The manager was excellent! We had some issues with the weekend staff, and the manager on Monday solved the issues and did a wonderful job!

• Reviewed: 26 August 2016

• One-Bedroom Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Price. Room cost was Cdn. $200+ - way too much for a comparable room in the area - likely hiked because availability was low that weekend due to a festival in town. Probably why Staybridge was the only "good" hotel with rooms still free since all other hotels were full occupancy.

Suites type facility - so much better than a standard room. Large, comfortable hotel. It's right off the major connector road for Guelph and minutes away from the major Hwy 401 into Toronto and beyond so you'd think traffic noise might be an issue - instead zero! Rooms are quiet and completely relaxing. Tons of restaurants and shops within 5 minutes.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2016

• One-Bedroom Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Can't think of one thing everything was great.

Very clean and comfortable. It had a kitchen which was great. Bedroom was separated which made it very much like being in a home away from home. Also free laundry facilities. Great breakfast. All staff was very nice and helpful. Great place to stay And our little dog enjoyed it too. So important to people who have dogs. Didn't want to leave.

• Reviewed: 5 August 2016

• Queen Studio - Non-Smoking

The room was very nice ...clean and comfortable. Breakfast was hot,fresh and tasty, and well kept up.Theo at the front desk was courteous and had great recommendations for restaurants and things to see in the area. I plan to stay there again.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

• One-Bedroom Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Little Far from Toronto, though I was aware of it when I booked it, so it is not a complaint.

Very Good infrastructure; Rooms are optimally designed and furnished. Staff is polite, approachable and helpful. Breakfast in the morning is not fancy but good enough to fill you

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

• Queen Studio - Non-Smoking

Bed was a little too firm but that's personal preference.

Great rate for a nice room (queen studio). Was very impressed with all the little extras (towels in pool and gym area, doggie bags for cleaning up after pets, dog treats at the front counter, complimentary breakfast, and the ice machine in the fridge in our room). Would stay again!

• Reviewed: 14 July 2016

• Queen Studio - Non-Smoking

This was our third stay there and I notice that the sheets never seem to fit properly. They always pull up at the corners.

Love the layout of room. Like the location of the hotel because it is so easy to access the highways for our favourite places...St Jacobs, Aberfolyle, Elora and a couple of local breweries.

• Reviewed: 6 July 2016

• Queen Studio - Non-Smoking

Front desk called at 8:00 p.m. to check if the room was to our liking. Did not like my peaceful evening away from phones interrupted by a ringing phone. Just leave survey card!

Very clean in room and all other areas, room was nicely laid out and comfortable, ice maker in fridge, staff were friendly and efficient, breakfast was very good! Will definitely stay again!

Having a: - Fresh food restaurant - Calm atmosphere

Calmness Staff good behavior / nicely talking / cooparaetive

• One-Bedroom Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Outside was dirty, trash and cigarette butts all over and behind the bushes.

The bed was great and breakfast was nice and hot.

Distance from town.

Good sized room with great amenities: Kitchenette. Comfortable beds. Breakfast was very good. Staff were very friendly.

• Queen Studio - Non-Smoking

The Manager at this hotel was very professional and provided me with great customer service. I would definitely stay there again!

• Queen Studio with Hot Tub - Non-Smoking

No restaurant. Tiny pool.

Very quiet. Good value for money.

Nothing really

The rooms are spacious and comfortable

• One-Bedroom Double Suite - Non-Smoking

No maid service on weekends

• Two-Bedroom Suite - Non-Smoking

The absence of close restaurants for walking.

Almost everything

The store

The bathroom

Beds are a little short and do not fit a tall 6’ 3” person

Excellent breakfast. Nice suites. Full size fridge and ice maker are nice

• One-Bedroom Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Clean rooms, quiet, hot breakfast, friendly staff, accommodated my request for a late checkout.

• Queen Studio with Hot Tub - Non-Smoking

The smell of stale smoke was strong. The room felt dirty and cheap.

• Queen Studio with Hot Tub - Non-Smoking

JacouzI was too small. Pool was too small. Price was too high

Clean.

• Queen Studio - Non-Smoking

Room was very warm and pillows too firm.

It was clean and the kitchenette was handy

Hot breakfast was great

It was all good

Staff very friendly

• Queen Studio - Non-Smoking

The smell outside of the property

• Queen Studio - Non-Smoking

Room smelled of carpet glue, no mirrors, broken tv.

Great breakfast. Friendly staff.

Breakfast area

Availability of a PC & Printer

• Queen Studio - Non-Smoking

Toilets are too low for older people

• One-Bedroom Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Mattress was soft and slept poorly

• Queen Studio with Hot Tub - Non-Smoking

There was no kettle in the suite

Free laundry facility

• One-Bedroom Double Suite - Non-Smoking

very noisy refrigerator, big and not soft pillows, regular sofa but not a sofa-bed.

Wi-Fi, kitchen dishes, TV's

• Queen Studio - Non-Smoking

The food was outstanding. This includes the breakfast and evening manager receptions.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

• Queen Studio - Non-Smoking

The food offered, beds were very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017