Reviews of Hôtel Le Cantlie Suites 4 stars

1110, Sherbrooke Street West, H3A 1G9 Montréal, Canada

#43 of 134 hotels in Montréal

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

The city construction that begins at 7am. Also, the view from the 4th floor looks directly into the back of another building.

Comfortable bed. Enjoyed the pool and view.

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

It would have been nice to have hot water every time we took showers. Charging $23/day for hotel parking was really tacky given the hotel’s rates. The suite’s furniture looked old. Cable TV (or a couple of movie channels) would have been nice.

Good location, clean, rooftop pool, comfortable bed.

• Studio with 2 Queen Beds

No indoor pool or hot tub

Central location, amazing staff from the front desk right to the valet parking, clean rooms friendly housekeeping and beautiful rooftop pool

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

The bathroom- small, the shower was not comfortable, no placo to put your things, everything looks old, not as a4 strars hotel. The room is so large and yet no place to Seet and make up.

The stuff very helpful The. Size of the room

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

My room was better designed for some one much taller than myself.

I like/love the Cantlie because it truly represents for me a hotel and its services that are designed for someone who is in the city of Montreal with purpose to visit ,to tour and to conduct business. The service is not overfawning but it is entirely responsive on all fronts - the desk, the cleaning staff, the restaurant. When I cannot make reservations at the Cantlie, because it is fully booked, I am sorely disappointed. I feel I will not experience Montreal as I want to experience it. While the staff may change, my heart for the Cantlie remains steadfast and loyal. My recommendation is straightforward and honest - stay at the Cantlie if you want to venture into the wondrousness of Montreal. The Cantlie is that kind of hotel, i.e., it does not obscure the experience of Montreal. It has a quality of self-confidence that serves the client well. You are comfortable but not enveloped in the hotel experience but rather, you are exceedingly buoyed to get out there and know Montreal better and more. The Cantlie is my refuge and my solace. I am always happy to return after a long day's night.

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

The location is great, right on Sherbrooke and Peel on the edge of Downtown, yet not too far from McGill U. Not to mention easily accessible by metro and bus. The rooms are pleasantly spacious compared to other hotels of the same price range and equipped with a small kitchenette. And if you like nighttime cityscapes, be sure to ask for a room on the southeast face. The restaurant is pretty good which is always a plus if you’re too tired to eat out after a long day. There’s a great atmospheric cafe right across the intersection that makes a mean latte.

• Studio with 2 Queen Beds

Very poor service. No response to our need to cancel the reservation for a family emergency. No help offered in dealing with this issue. Staff did not have a good way to deal with one elevator being out of service. In all, not impressed.

Not much. Poor customer service. We had to get back to Toronto due to a family emergency. We arrived on Friday notified the front desk and asked to cancel the reservation. Still awaiting a reply after phone and e mail. On Saturday one of the elevators was not working so the staff decided to take the second elevator out of service so that housekeeping could use it so we were left with 1 elevator for a 28 storey hotel. Not a good decision.

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

The elevtors were incredibly slow and we were on a high floor. This caused a lot of delays with our schedule. Staff appeared annoyed when I checked in or out. Overall I was not overly satisfied

• Studio with 2 Queen Beds

There was a bit of city noise in the room, but nothing major. I found the price high. If it was not the business paying, I would not have stayed here on my own.

Location was perfect.

• Studio with 2 Queen Beds

There is the sound of traffic at night, but it was manageable. The breakfasts could be better quality, less greasy and hotter. Breakfast needs a higher standard.

Staff were very friendly and helpful. Location was great! Room was very nice, and the kitchenette very useful for my purposes. Everything was clean and well maintained.

• Studio with 2 Queen Beds

There is nothing i did not like about this place.

I have been to this hotel several times. My experience is always amazing. The staff are very personable and want you to have the best stay. The location could not be better and the hotel is really nice for the value. I will continue to stay there every time and have referred many of my family and friends there.

• Executive Suite with 2 Double Beds

The one ride staff member at the front desk who was arguing with us. The fact they weren't up front about extra costs and amenities that weren't open.

Most of the staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Studio with 2 Queen Beds

The only thing that possibly could have been better was the wifi. This wasn't a concern for us, but if you needed it for work, it might be...

Wonderful location. Nice, small hotel with friendly staff. Everything was fabulous.

• Studio with 2 Queen Beds

I had booked the room through bookings.com and the booking was for a Suite with two Queen sized beds. I had called a couple days before to see if I could get an early check in, which I was told I could. When I arrived (around 8:00AM) I was told the room would be ready around noon. I dopped off my bags and went out around the city and came back just after noon. I ended up getting a room that only had one queen bed, and it wasn't very reflective of the pictures displayed with the booking.

The location was perfect, very close to the subway which made travelling very convenient, easy, and affordable.

• Studio with 2 Queen Beds

Bed a little too soft considering that I need a firmer one. What is it with the size of the toilet? Very compact for a big person such as myself. Did not want to use it and went to the hotel across the street. Toilets need an upgrade in size.

• Studio with 2 Queen Beds

Didn’t like how there was no parking available at the hotel. Bed was also uncomfortable. It sagged in the middle causing two people to roll into the centre.

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

One of the staff in front of the reception was very rude to me, browsing through my passport although the front page provides enough personal information about myself, guessing my origin which I think has nothing to do with her. I felt extremely offended. However, the room is very nice and clean. For kind reminder, the breakfast is not included in the hotel rent.

• Studio with 2 Queen Beds

Before I go I have made the payment on booking.com, but when I check in, they said I didn't pay. I have to explain and show them the App detail, then they checked and said sorry. That's the only thing I don't satisfied.

The location is perfect for parents of McGill student, since it's very close to the school. Shopping and dinning are all very convenient nearby.

• Studio with 2 Queen Beds

The bathroom is small. Functional and immaculately clean and well-stocked, but small.

Super comfortable beds, plush bathrobes, really large room, friendly staff, easy parking, right across the street from McGill, around the corner from lovely Crescent St

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

Very nice hotel near the metro station Peel and the 747 bus stop. Many restaurants in the neighborhood. The hotel was nice and clean. Good value for the price.

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

When you enter the room it is a bit difficult to find out how to switch on each lighting and there is not a single turn on unit for all of them.

Great location, in the downtown and near McGill University, nice facilities and large room.

• Premier One-Bedroom Suite

The shower was probably the worst i have ever experienced in a hotel and i couldn't swap for a bath as it was too small.

Beds were very comfy and when we checked in our room was upgraded which was great! Felt like i had our own apartment for 5 days but with the added bonus of daily cleans :)

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

My duvet had stains on it. Glasses in both the kitchen and bathroom were dirty with lipstick marks. We did have the “no housekeeping” sign on the door and the maid went in anyways. Certain things I didn’t want touched (as per the reasoning for the sign) were moved and the room was poorly cleaned. Unfortunately there was only one ice machine in the entire hotel which was annoying. I was also told parking was included and when I got there it was charged daily.

Great staff - helpful with directions and recommendations/suggestions. Nice, spacious room that I was upgraded too.

• Studio with 2 Queen Beds

Just tea/coffee facilities in room.

No amenities in room tea/coffee. This would have been nice as it was a walk to get a coffee in the mornings.

• Junior Suite with King Bed and Sofa Bed

First at check in you find out that your credit card will be blocked in excess of the room costs with a guarantee up to 300 dollars - for "expenses" it took the staff 20 minutes to finally agree at least to explain what was the reason for the guarantee. The building is not renovated since a long time now. Well I guess it is in the process of being redecorated since I have been woken up by drill and hammer noises a couple of mornings (starting at 6.30 in the morning) The shower facility is totally obsolete. You have to wait for 10 minutes for the hot water to arrive and then to find out that the shower itself is one of those extremely low flow appliances - hence it takes 30 minutes to get all the soap off you There is basically no insulation - all surrounding noises makes you feel like things are happening inside your room. I had a junior suite, but be aware the fridge noise is unbearable...lets not talk about air conditioning (it is useless to switch it off - you will hear the one in the neighboring room)

position within the city is quite ok. In walking distance from all the business and restaurants - Quite important given the weather in Montreal

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

We got a room with the view to the garbage and garage. Nothing romantic. Almost no insulation. You can here neighbours speaking. So we were waking up at 3 am.

The staff was friendly, room was really big. We checked in 2 hours earlier then it supposed to be.

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

The gym's heaviest free weight was 25lbs... there was a rack to support several more weights but just didn't have any. Valet parking was $20 a day, which I understand due to the nature of their parking location and structure but still, no one likes the extra charge. Lastly, the water pressure in the shower was not great..

The staff was very friendly, patient and welcoming. From the front desk right through to the valet guys all great people. location is good because walking distance to many different restaurants, shopping and the metro. Room was clean, bed and pillows were comfortable.

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

The hot water was a bit slow at time. The kitchenette was a bit outdated, and looked out of place compared to the room. But it wasn't a break or make point for the hotel. I would still stay there anytimes.

The hotel was worth the money. It was the best deal i got and it met all the requirements for a 4 stars hotel. Also, the restaurant below was great as well. The restaurant was also on the critics' list for MTL. The staff was great, and everything was definitely satisfactory. Location is great as it is a block away from Peel metro station. Additionally, I saved money taking the 747 and metro to and from the hotel.

That we only stayed 3 nights

Bed was sooo comfy! Kitchenette huge bonus. Lication was great. We will make this an annual trip and will stay at the Cantlie!

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

Heater was totally broke! Nobody could fix it and they kept telling us it's OK! We spent 2 of 3 nights with maintetance staff in room with us! Finally, night 3 they decided to give us a new room! We kept having temperature down to 19 degrees in April!!!! It was terrible! Also, they claim pool is available in website, but it is outdoor pool so, of course wasn't available in April!!!! But, one of my main reasons was pool to pick this hotel! House keeping wasn't done completely neither of the times! I assume they were too busy!!!!

Clean room, good location

• Studio with 2 Queen Beds

It's kind of inconvenient to go from the garage to the lobby and we cannot drop off our luggages at the lobby first.

The bed and pillows are comfy.

• Studio with 2 Queen Beds

The water inn three toilet ran all night and the way it was set up there was no way to get in the tank to fix it.. So i turnd the water off for the toilet..

• Studio with 2 Queen Beds

The updated faucet in the bathroom is a very modern design, but not practical. When you wash your hands, the water is all over the counter.

Great location. Good value for the price. Friendly staff. Underground, valet parking.

• Studio with 2 Queen Beds

The pillows were large, but hard, about the only thing inside the room that was not comfortable. Breakfast, although not included, was ok, but better choices can be found less than 3 min walk from the property. Parking was no longer available by the hotel upon our arrival, but the parking right around the corner was ok.

Location perfect, with proximity to museums, Metro station as well as Tourist Info Center. Room was large, the inclusion of the well equipped kitchenette was a great idea. Staff was very nice and friendly. Great reastaurants (Le Pois Ponche!!!!) everywhere.

• Studio with 2 Queen Beds

The cleaners were doing the bare minimal. Desk and table not cleaned regularly. The glasses and plates used from the kitchen were never cleaned. Breakfast very basic and always the same every day.

Very good location. Rooms are big. There is a kitchen corner in each room which is very convenient.

• Studio with 2 Queen Beds

The beds were uncomfortable, they were dented in the middle so I ended up sliding into the centre of the bed. The drain in the tub also clogged easily. The toilet paper stand (attached underneath the sink counter) is too far from the toilet.

I liked that we had a little kitchenette in the room, which was fully stocked with utensils, dish soap and rag to clean up after. The location was very convenient.

• Executive Suite with 2 Double Beds

The water in the shower would fluctuate from warm to scolding hot on its own. The main doors are set to not let cold air in the lobby, hard to explain but you are left standing outside of someone is coming through T the first set of doors and can only come in once that set of doors are closed.

Good size of rooms. Restaurant food and service was very good.

• Studio with 2 Queen Beds

Would have preferred suite rather than studio. Housekeeping could have been more thorough; particularly during later day requests.

Good good, friendly and informed staff. Good location.

• Studio with 2 Queen Beds

Checking in was a hassle: my card did not work on their machine so I had to leave and find a bank to transfer funds to a different account.

Comfortable beds, lovely kitchenette, great room service.

• Studio with 2 Queen Beds

No fridge, coffee, water... room dated and feels dingy even though clean. No body lotion and broken hair dryer although service good to replace. No fan in bathroom and low water pressure in shower. Not sure would stay again although location was great!

Staff was friendly and helpful. Location to McGill was awesome.

• Premier One-Bedroom Suite

Parking - I got a ticket for parking in a zone provided by staff. And they expect me to fight the city on my vacation

Kitchen was big enough like an appt with all appliances.

• Studio with 2 Queen Beds

There was construction happening inside and beside the hotel and it's not noted on Booking.com website.

Location was amazing, close to shopping, restaurants, museum all within very close walking proximity. Staff were extremely accommodating,and kind, we couldn't have asked for more! Will definitely return :)

• Executive Suite with 2 Double Beds

Bathroom is very clean and very functional but quite small. Kitchenette in executive suite also functional and handy to have a fridge but it is oddly in closet with big doors in the middle of living room space and it is on the old/dated side. Our room was on lower floor with view of back alley and dumpster... but we weren't there for the view so it was fine for us. If you want a view, request higher floor looking out over a different side of building!

Executive suite was super spacious, and beds very comfortable. Called down to reception for missing tea bag in the morning and it arrived in minutes. Appreciated the bathrobes and nice toiletries. Good to have exercise room, parking and restaurant on the premises.

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

the location was perfect, in the middle of the downtown, close to the metro station. a lot of restaurants, shopping, and groceries near to the hotel. The hotel staff were very nice and friendly and express chick in and out. Nice, big, and clean room. very very comfortable hotel.

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

My license plate cover on the front of my vehicle got damaged while inside the motel’s parking lot. Told the parking staff about it being broken and that it was not like this when I got there, they gave me attitude and sent me on my way!

We were well greeted at ou arrival. Beautiful room, comfortable bed, all that we needed.

• Studio with 2 Queen Beds

The room we were in needed a new faucet assembly in the bath. It looked horrible. Also the shower water pressure was terrible, like standing under a dripping faucet.

Great location, clean, comfortable, spacious room.

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

I didn't like that payment was required when I had to check in. Because of that the rest of the trip was strained. Also some parts could be cleaner or better maintained like the shower curtain.

Very affordable and good location. I had a king room at a great price which had a kitchenette, two sofas, and a king bed. The staff were friendly and helpful.

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

Excellent all round. Sherbrooke is central to banking, museums, excellent eateries and the hotel is A++. Staff at reception are VERY FRIENDLY AND PROFESSIONAL.

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

The staff were exceptionally rude. Not willing to help. They gave us a room on the 21st floor, the same floor that had an ongoing construction project. Interestingly they have 27 other floors in that hotel and yet we were placed on the construction floor. at 8:22 am we were awoken by a construction worker opening our door. The staff did the bare minimum to apologize for this.

• Junior Suite with King Bed and Sofa Bed

My only criticism is the shower - difficult to maintain temperature and not the greatest water pressure. They definitely need to renovate/upgrade the shower installations. Otherwise everything was perfect.

Loved my exec suite (upgraded - thank you!). The bed was very comfy.

• Executive Suite with 2 Double Beds

The receptionist that received us was very rude and unprofessional - didn't even show us the price breakdown before taking the payment. Also didn't like how the valet service was mandatory so we couldn't just park the car ourselves and keep the car key.

The suite layout was nice. Came with a kitchenette.

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

Got upgraded to a junior suite, the view was AMAZING! Very comfortable room, friendly staff and perfect location (downtown Montreal). Also very romantic.

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

More space needed in bathroom for cosmetics. A lightbulb in the bathroom needed to be replaced and the shower head needed adjustment. I could have requested that these latter two things be attended to but they were minor.

Good bed and large room. Very convenient location. Friendly professional staff. Excellent value.

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

The bed seemed to lean at an angle on one side. Same with the ironing board my shirt kept falling off when I was trying to iron it. Water pressure in shower not the greatest and it took a while to heat up.

Valet parking and check-in very easy and friendly, a nice welcome. Beautiful lobby and location in central Montreal. Mini kitchen in room is nice if a little dated, it featured a useful fridge, microwave, coffee machine and toaster. Chairs and couch were comfortable. Wide variety of channels on flatscreen TV

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

Beds were so comfy...Room was very clean...having two nice TV's were wonderful. Nice kitchenette and pretty bathroom. Exercise Room with a view was nice. Staff was really great...all the way to the garage guys!

• Studio with 2 Queen Beds

Upstairs restaurant totally chaotic for breakfast- After lengthy wait to be seated and a look at what was available at the breakfast buffet for $20 (no eggs!)... I got up and left.Enjoyed a proper breakfast for $10 a block away. - also, this hotel’s elevators are not good

-early check-in at noon was appreciated and the location is very good

• Studio with 2 Queen Beds

the room was a bit cold and the air-condition took a little while to work.

The hotel was centrally located and easy to access. The staff was friendly and very accommodating. The room was clean and well equipped.

• Studio with 2 Queen Beds

Most people we spoke to at the front desk were not hospitable and somewhat rude. They also tried to dissuade us from exhanging money with them claiming it would “mess up their cash” and we could get better rates elsewhere.

• Studio with 2 Queen Beds

We didn’t have heating in our room, maintenance tried to fix it to no avail. Power tripped on several occasions when in fact we didn’t have much plugging plus the portable heater band aid fix they provide. Hair dryer didnt work. Fire alarm happenned and we need to evacuate from 16th flr and we didn’t see a single staff except on reception. We understand it was new year break & much revellers but it was just too loud partying on other floors not too sure it was above us or in our floor.

Location was good

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

Can hear people in hallway, poor insulation. Ordered breakfast in bed, and wanted more coffee, had to pay 9$ for small carafe.

Quick check in, super clean room and great view from 21st floor. Restaurant had great food.

• Studio with 2 Queen Beds

Nothing actually. Perhaps the location of the bar/restaurant could be in a different place or there should be a bar separate from the larger restaurant.

Excellent hotel. Neat, spacious room, courteous and helpful staff. Elevators worked fast and efficiently. Not usual in tall, big hotels as this one.

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

1 day, after a long day at my seminar, the room was barely cleaned. The cleaner that day, literately, put the cover back on the the bed, left the pillows messed up, did not clean the bathroom and dishes were waiting for me to do..It was sooo upsetting because I was exhausted that day and had to call the reception. They sent 2 men to clean the whole room and they apologized... But in the meantime, I had to wait for them to clean and had to get ready in 20min for my business dinner... Otherwise, staff at reception and other housekeepers were nice, warm and fantastic: Luke/Brandon/the ladies at the front etc.... Will be back soon in March 2018! Thank you!

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

Need safe in the room so that one can lock laptop and electronics.

Great clean comfortable room with nice city views. Great location I can oark my car and walk every where I need to go.

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

The parking security at night time was very rude and he didn’t respect any guest and seemed too drunk for his job also the person at the reception was rude and lazy! The bathrooms are very small for the price paid.

The neighborhood is very good and easy access to many shopping streets.

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

My room kitchenette did not have a cooking stove. Other rooms had it.

Excellant for business trip. Leisure persepctive Mt Royal hike starts 100 m away. Next to many eating places because Mc Gill univ is nearby. Old Montreal is just dollar 10 taxi ride away.

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

Old lock with metal key showing the actual room number ( not safe). No safe in the room.

Beutifully renovated hotel with modern, classic firniture, large, flat screen TV . New windows. Personally controlled climate. Bath robes.

• Studio with 2 Queen Beds

The room heater doesn’t work well. I put it on 82F but still the room was cold. And shower take a long time to adjust the temperature.

Centre location, it’s ok to spend couple nights.

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

The Cantlie Suites Hotel was great. I didn't like that booking.com gave an incorrect tax calculation. I was quoted $558 tax in by booking.com and Ended up paying over $600 in actuality.

• Executive Suite with 2 Double Beds

Rooms were quite dated and knew when I checked in and they gave me a physical key it would be interesting. They charge for everything...$15 for a crib and parking is not evident. If you have bags try to get a spot infront of the hotel to being your stuff in...no room once you park and staff is not helpful.

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

I left the "Do not disturb" sign at my door since I wanted to sleep most of the day after an exhausting travel, nonetheless they called my room to ask if I needed the room to be cleaned. I understand they might want to make sure, but the sign is there for a reason. I could not catch any more sleep after that.

Bed was a dream!!!!

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

Buffet was not very exciting - fruit not ripe, scrambled eggs sat there for long time and very hard, bacon floating in grease, presentation not considered - a shame as it downgrades the overall experience - with a little care and effort could be transformed

Great bed and big pillows

• Studio with 2 Queen Beds

There is a whole kitchen in the suite! We made a cup of tea and relaxed all evening. The bed and pillows were particularly comfortable. Very centrally located with lots of dining close by. Even the parking garage staff were nice. An unexpected delight!

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

Cannot think of anything.

Totally lived this property. The central location is perfect. Walking distance to the downtown, a plethora of restaurants pin the area. Nice breakfast room. Friendly staff in the parking garage who provided us with great service.

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

The room temperature was really bad, we were freezing while sleeping. We tried to heat up, but it wouldn't work. The bathroom is rather small and the shower was quite bad - the water pressure was almost not existing.

The bed was really comfortable and the room was spacious.

• Executive Suite with 2 Double Beds

The space was large and comfortable, perfect for a girls’ weekend. It was very close to shopping and dining. Nothing was more than a 15 minutes walk away; many things were much closer.

Browse Hôtel Le Cantlie Suites traveller photo gallery