Reviews of Hôtel & Suites Normandin 3 stars

4700, boulevard Pierre-Bertrand, G2J 1A4 Quebec City, Canada

#13 of 104 hotels in Quebec City

• Standard Queen Room

None. Price didn’t include taxes room cards didn’t work after 5am, but not a big deal.

- staff were friendly and welcoming - room was very clean, modern style and pleasant to stay - shampoo, conditioner, hand soap were all natural and smell really good - location is surrounded by lots of places to eat - free parking - continental breakfast was ok, I read the reviews so my expectation wasn’t too high. But there were fresh coffee and lots of bagels and breads, good enough

The room was well equiped! It had a DVD player, coffee machine, mini fridge and microwave which was great also! The king size bed was extremely comfortable. The staff was very friendly and were always there to answer any questions that we had. Location was great too! It has a variety of restaurants and a gas station right next to the hotel. Overall we enjoyed our stay and we will definitely be coming to stay again! Thank you for the great service!

• Standard Queen Room

Great continental breakfast but some hot choices would be even better.

Great value for your money. Clean and comfortable with everything you need. Easy parking and easy access to downtown by car, spacious breakfast area, quick check-in and check-out.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

No bar working in the lobby. They sell beberages but you can’t have them there, only in the room. Not good for business after hours meetings. Breakfast could be better.

Rooms are very comfortable and clean, place is convenient

• King Suite

A little to warm in the room and I couldn't bring the temperature lower. Also if they would replenish the water bottles eacd day of your stay. Not a very large selection unless you eat only toast or bagels. However if you want instead of the continental breakfast you can get 20% off at the restaurant Normandin which is right next to it.

The staff was awesome. Room was a nice size with fridge and microwave. Plenty of electrical outlets. Comfortable bed and pillow. Location was great for the tradeshow I was attending and Wi-Fi worked really well.

it was crowded sofa and two chairs if you want to use the murphy’s bed

food was great...a very clean room...kinda of stuff...we use the murphy’s bed we didnt know where place the coach its was crowded plus two chairs...overall it was excellent...

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Better breakfast would be nice

We forgot to check out on time and they charged us for extra night and upon several plead they took the charge off which was very nice of them to do that cause it was our fault. It’s true, the Canadian are nice people! Really appreciated it

• Deluxe Queen Room (2 Adults)

Therer was nothing not to like.

The room design was excellent, modern and comfortable and everything worked. Very comfortable bed, great TV and super bathroom with a rain forest shower which I loved. No sleazy carpets too, bamboo laminate flooring and all was very clean. A proper blackout blind was on the window to encourage sleep, and a desk ( with power outlets, would you believe) to work comfortably on my computer. Breakfast was very adequate, and the hard boiled eggs and hot baked beans were a welcome touch. Toast is an eevent here too you'll find. The staff were all very helpful and friendly - in fact it felt more like staying with friends than at a hotel - every morning as I passed the front desk ther was always a big smile and cheery "bonjour". I was there because my wife had had an accident while on a trip to Quebec City and this friendly hotel atmosphere was a big boost for me. Thank you so much, Normandin crew. One more thing - the hotel is quite a way away from downtown, but there is a bus stop 2 minutes walk away, and Quebec City has a terrific, very efficient autobus network, which I made good use of. There are fast food outlets close by, and a couple of better restaurants too, including Scores Chicken and Ribs. So my rating on location is high because of these conveniences. Would I stay at the Normandin again? You bet, in a heartbeat.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The Hotel was amazing as expected, extra clean, comfortable beds, parking for motorcycles, has a good continental breakfast, I was totally satisfied and will certainly return when I go riding back to Quebec city.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Missing a selection of meat and cheese for breakfast sandwiches, but everything else was great. Service to top off coffee etc.

Very friendly and helpful staff. Nice modem rooms. Will come back for the RAINSHOWER!!

• Deluxe Queen Room (3 Adults)

We really enjoyed our stay. The desk staff were wonderful-friendly,helpful, great suggestions. Room was really pleasant/ Love the wood floors-modern bathroom-. Breakfast was plentiful-lots of choices for a buffet. All we could have wanted. The Normandin is a little far from downtown Quebec but easily reached by car.

Breakfast didn't have variety of choices for different days. Same all 3 days.

A little more variety of restaurant walking distance would have been good.

• Deluxe Queen Room (3 Adults)

Restaurant! it's surprising that hotel admin does nothing to improve their restaurant, it's cleanness and the quality of food.

We stayed in this hotel 8 years ago and we were happy back then. I have to admit the quality of rooms and facilities has been improved since except the restaurant. The utensils were dirty and we had to ask staff to replace them with clean ones (I remember the exact same thing happened 8 years ago!). My daughter ordered lasagna which was good. My sea pizza was ok. But my wife's veggie pizza was extremely suggy. When we lifted the pieces a brown liquid (from mushrooms) were all under the pizza bread and all pizza was soaked with that and not edible. We brought it to staff attention and there was no solution to that!

• King Suite

The complimentary breakfast was okay, but could be better.

I love the atmosphere and our King suite was tidy and clean. One day, we went out for a long day. They tidy our room and gave us our bath robes.

The reviews indicated the location was family-friendly (ie. the surrounding businesses and amenities) but it really wasn't, and we definitely needed a car to get around. Still we would definitely stay again, now that we know that.

Everything was great - rooms were very comfortable and clean, staff were very friendly, the breakfast was a nice touch.

• King Suite

Large, well laid out king size suite with modern furnishings. Fabulous bathroom with rain shower. Laundry facilities, gym and free daily shuttle to old Quebec City. Bi-lingual staff.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

Far from Québec City, only one shuttle a day (8am to go, 4pm to come back). Messy and poor continental breakfast.

Big and clean room, shower in view between the room and the bathroom. Parking outside.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The channel volume was restricted too low and sometimes the wifi connection was intermittent.

The front desk staff was very friendly and informative. We spoke to Sylvie who was very helpful, courteous and super friendly. Thank you for your help!

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

• Deluxe Queen Room (3 Adults)

Easily accessible from the highway. I was afraid we would hear the highway in the room but it was actually quite quiet. Breakfast is quite good but some omelet and bacon would be a good addition.

Free but poor breakfast. For the price, I was at least expecting some scrambled eggs or protein. Wifi is incredibly slow and unreliable Also hidden fees + tax rack up alot. I ended up paying $120 more than the posted price on booking.com for 3 nights...

Clean, quiet, and convenient location next to highway. It's good if you have a car. Having a TV was great

• Studio Suite with King Bed - Double

Beds were a little soft for me as I prefer a more firm mattress.

Excellent location off the main highway. Easy to get to Old Quebec City. I loved the smell when you walked thru the front doors. Staff were very friendly and the shower head was awesome!!

• Studio Suite with King Bed - Double

Curtain for privacy of bathroom(no door) doesn't close all the way. Toilet does have its own door. Hand held shower never had enough water pressure. Worst "free" continental breakfast of any hotel I've been to. They give you a limited number of coupons for the breakfast and you have to have them or you are denied the white toast they offer for breakfast. Location is not close to anything. I lifted the couch cushion and it was unbelievably filthy, candy wrappers and everything. Toilet was not bolted down , if you leaned too far toilet went with you. Bed and sheets not comfortable, flat sheet for the bottom sheet that would not stay put no matter what. Besides the bread in the morning with your coupon everything else is a charge. There is a coffee maker in the lobby and the room , but $2 a cup. It's like Spirit airlines opened a hotel .

Safe area Wife liked the workout area, mini fridge, and make up area in bathroom with stool. Kid loved all the LED lights and novel set up of the tv Size of shower.

• Standard Queen Room

The soap, shampoo dispenses were hard to squeeze for people with athritic hands. The bed was too soft for lumbar support. Would be nice to have extra pillows.

Cleanliness. Nice modern facilities.

• Queen Room - Disability Access

Didn't like booking with booking.com as we did not get a room on thus second floor as requested and didn't get a king bed. We were told that the room we requested was not in a higher. Floor. It was a room for handicap with a queen bed. Went to the reception and we got a king bed on the 3rd floor. Thank you le Normandin and no thanks booking.com. Never again. We booked all other accommodations for our trip directly with hotels and we have learned our lessons and will never book with booking .com

Very nice updated

• Standard Queen Room

Breakfast is continental, little bit sad if you like americain one. Have to move other side parking to normandin restaurant to have americain,hotel give you coupon 20 % off.

Clean place, staff good and close to old quebec city by car(5-10 minutes). Quiet. Breakfast is continental, little bit sad if you like americain one.

• King Suite

Far from city center, no pool, small room - I don't understand the price and rating. The hotel is just correct and should be cheaper.

Huge bed. Nice modern bathroom. Our room was a suite with a king size bed and a coach. We were 2 adults and a 7 years old child. We were told that we should have taken a room for 3. However they allowed us to stay in the suit and gave us sheets for the coach.

• Standard Queen Room

Further from city than anticipated, although right off highway as promised.

Excellent breakfast, free parking and WIFI, basic at gym, comfortable room.

• Standard Queen Room

We were settled at upper floor and it was noisy from Air Conditioner System. Other time we'll ask for lower store.

The balance comfort/distance and costs it's perfect. Thank you .

• King Suite

Had a great time,place and staff where great they spoke English very helpful ! and could not ask for a perfect vacation this was my first time in Quebec City was there for our wedding anniversary loved it !

• King Suite

No pool, they close the ice machines at night. They don't have a good contract with cabs. They called us one after the concert but it refused to pick us up.

Staff were friendly and very accommodating. Location was close to where our concert was. Rooms were clean and bedding was very comfortable.

• Studio Suite with King Bed - Double

Maybe a bathtub in addition to a great, and modern shower. I like to take a bath.

Upon arriving, didn't look that nice from outside, but beautiful on the inside. Opted for King suite, and it was beautiful and spacious....Very, very nice. Short drive from city and an incredibly helpful and gracious staff. Very pleased with our stay.

We were not happy with the meal we had at the Normandin's restaurant.It was not restaurant quality or value for money.

The room was very clean, comfortable and spacious.

Dinner at Pizza place across from hotel just ok.

Nice breakfast at the Hotel. Lots of juices, jams, fresh fruit, baked beans, hard boiled eggs. Etc. Also pastries, white and wheat toast, bagels. Nicer than most all chains, for a breakfast that was included in the rate.

Location, pictures are deceiving.. it looks exactly what's shown..expectations were so high but in reality it's not as great as it looks in pic.. for this price I could live closer to city centre #photographyatitsbest

Nothing really.. not great not bad

• Standard Queen Room

Nice, modern amenities in room. No grungy room carpet providing a home for tiny creepy crawlers. Nice, local-flavor (cretons, baked beans) breakfast. Easy access to/from highway and quick to downtown/old Quebec.

• King Suite

Price when I booked was 249, while I was inputting my billing data and info price went up to 281 and I type really fast, in a second I was no longer able to access 249 advertised price. I still proceeded booking as I did not have time to research another property but I kinda felt cheated, I made my selection and it ended up costing much more. It is not about money but it kinda left a bad taste in my mouth, and I thought the principle of it was kinda rude.

Bed was extra extra comfy and amazing. Towels soft and fluffy. Whole hotel is clean and has a nice smell to it. Hand soap was removed on 2nd day and never replaced, not a biggie. Breakfast grill was kinda wired, bagels are old and we were unable to grill them properly, little croissant;s were dried out and old. Boiled eggs to cold, I was afraid to taste them as they looked old. Whole continental breakfast was really really poor compared to other places we stayed in that had the same option and were of a similar price point. For a nice clean place to sleep with decent atmosphere I would definitely say here. It took us 12 minutes to drive to old city and around 17 minutes to drive to Montmorency Falls Park, so pretty convenient.

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

The window in the shower having the curtain on the outside of the bathroom next to the bed.

Nice clean room and hotel. No carpets in room. Bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was very good. Very close to Vieux Quebec and shopping centres. We had an easy time getting around from the hotel. Excellent hotel!

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

Far from old quebec but not a big issue when you compare the money you save by staying here and not in a hotel in old quebec city

Clean modern rooms , big shower , good breakfest , friendly staff , confortable beds

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

*** Just a little more to the breakfast would have been nice. Felt like an old, cheap motel breakfast...except for the awesome grill toaster. That was very cool. *** A better value that most of the alternative, but still pretty darn pricey. Quebec City in the summer can be pretty expensive, compared to many cities.

*** Quite hip and stylish for the price point ( while still being comfortable) *** it was right next to a great food court, including Thai Express (our favorite), as well as chicken and pizza for the kids. Saved a ton not eating in the city, which would have been a waste with tired kids anyway. *** it was MUCH less expensive than staying in Quebec City old town, and it was only 10 minutes or so to the city (...though parking is really kind of a pain in town...) *** it is close to the mega mall with the amusement park and skating rink inside. And it is close to a (...totally dangerous...but crazy fun...) trampoline park. *** Right off a main freeway, not loud, but easy on, easy off, and reasonably quick drive to aquarium and out of town

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

• Studio Suite with King Bed - Double

The hotel is in an isolated location. Using public transport to get to town is complicated and stressful.

The staff and managers were excellent. They exhibited first class customer care towards us. They spent considerable time explaining how to get to city center on bus, many thanks to Sylvie. When we asked for a kettle, they promptly presented us with a new one. They also promptly changed our room when they agreed with us that there is a mysterious noise from above. The new room was more comfortable because the air conditioning was silent. I must mention, that, when we complaint about the lack of a promised shuttle bus service to town and airport,the manager decided to give us a small compensation.I must admit that the staff and managers were a great bunch of people serving the customer.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I asked for a crib and it was not in the room when I arrived. The small convenience store at the reception is all too small, could be better.

Clean, comfortable, nice room size, the rain like shower is a nice touch.

• King Suite

-Great hospitality from friendly staff. The free breakfast was decent and our room was clean and comfortable. The Hotel offered free bus shuttle to Old Quebec City where we spend the majority of our trip to explore and sight-seeing of Quebec City. All in all, our trip was very enjoyable. We were thinking of staying at this hotel on our next trip to Quebec, since it's close to the old Quebec city and hotel environment is very friendly.

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds (3 Adults)

The room keys didn't work annoying to have to go back down to reception as we were running late.

Staff was nice and bilingual. The breakfast was awesome! The room was beautiful and clean. Loved the green door. The soap dispensers were very cool and the SHOWER was the BEST PART! Thank you

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

• Standard Queen Room

Everything. The staff, people, services. Help of every kind. Hotel is worth to stay at that price. Excellent. Specially the staff ready to help all time. Very good breakfast, Clean and comfort hotel. Will stay again. Five star tothat hotel.

• Reviewed: 12 August 2016

• King Suite

The location was much farther away from the old city of Quebec than we thought. There were no decent restaurants near the hotel. When we drove into the old city, it was next to impossible to find parking. We finally found a metered space on the street. The instructions were written only in French, of which we know very little. We thought we put in enough money to cover us for several hours. Clearly, we misunderstood and we got a parking ticket.

The staff was very helpful and eager to please.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

• King Suite

Air conditionning was a little noisy.

The king size bed in the room was great, the rain shower was awsome. Love rooms with hardwood floors. The room was really clean.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

• King Suite

AC could have been cooler in the room

Excellent location for shopping. All major stores less than 5 minutes away. Seems like a very well run facility. Staff are very friendly and willing to help out any way they can.

• Reviewed: 5 August 2016

No pool, Slightly farther from Old quebec although free daily shuttles are provided. Drink prices at the boutique were quite high even for a hotel.

Very clean with hard flooring, excellent service, comfortable bedding, and the glass wall to the shower was fun.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I would have been more comfortable with a firmer mattress.

The rooms were nicely laid out and comfortable. Staff were very helpful. Breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: 25 July 2016

Only a slight inconvenience but since everything else was perfect I was surprised that there was only one washing machine and dryer available for the visitors. Because the machines were in use when I wanted them I had to wait til the following night to do my laundry.

The shuttle to Old Quebec was excellent. It left the hotel a little late, at 8:30, and left OQ at 4:00. That was plenty of time to walk around and see everything as well as sit and have a meal and to see the street entertainment. The breakfast was exceptionally good. We enjoyed the fresh fruit, various breads and cereal and the coffee, very important to me, was excellent. There was a very large seating area and it never felt crowded. The hours of breakfast, 6 to 11 each day was also unusual for a hotel and very helpful. And I cannot skip telling about the comfortable room and fabulous shower. My husband said the shower was the best in any hotel we ever stayed at. The area was large, had a bench to sit in and now he wants to buy a similar rain shower for home.

• Reviewed: 25 July 2016

• Standard Queen Room

Bed was too soft, pillows -uncomfortable, shower in our room was not good. I think total price per room including tax was too high.

Staff was helpful. Breakfast was pretty good, plus coffee/tea maker and microwave in the room, parking facilities, location near highway, 20 min by car to old city.

• Reviewed: 20 July 2016

Good quality bed! The room is spacious and the furniture is Modern and updated. The glass wall between the room and the shower is a unique addition. The breakfast is better than average. The free shuttle to downtown is a bonus!

• Reviewed: 27 June 2016

Not a thing

Oh so clean, not a spot on anything. Staff, especially Silvie and Mathieu at the front desk were exceptionally kind and helpful. Was hesitant about the breakfast but it was really good. Would highly recommend.

Every think

The breakfast

Basic room is small

Breakfast was a little sad with tinned fruit.

Large bedrooms, good shower pressure, large TV with a small dvd library.

By the xpressway, 15 minutes drive from old Québec

Clean, modern good breakfast and small gum

The best 😀

Breakfast is very basic and not very good

Clean, modern and comfortable

The glass between the room and shower

Hotel was clean

Bed was too soft for my preference, but of good quality

• Queen Room - Disability Access

Restaurant impeccable

• Deluxe Queen Room (2 Adults)

Front desk staff is not that friendly the time that we checked out.

Excellent breakfast

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds (3 Adults)

diversity of breakfast and did not get same price when booking one more nigh

washroom is nice and clean

• Standard Queen Room

There is not too many choices for the breakfast

Bed is comfy

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Poor breakfast. We expected to get some cheese / ham ect.....

• Studio Suite with King Bed - Double

No safe (to put belongings in)

Cleanliness

No pool

The room was really nice nice decor and the breakfast had a lot of choices.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Breakfast doesn't have to many chooses

The beds are comfortable

The mirror wall that separates the bathroom and the room

Overall it was excellent

Liked everything.

Loved the hotel and staff. Will definitely stay again.

• King Suite

Only place available at the time

To far from old town