Reviews of Sunset Inn 2 stars

5803 Stanley Avenue, L2G 3X8 Niagara Falls, Canada

#33 of 40 B&Bs and Inns in Niagara Falls

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Excellent, friendly service and Hospitality !!!

Like every thing !!!!

We were welcomed, exceeded our expectations. Very friendly staff n management. Hospitality was great and were treated like family and we felt like we are at home

Good location, staff were great!
    • Family Room

Good location, staff were great! Very helpful and allowed us to stay parked in their car park to explore niagara even after check out. The room was just everything we needed it to be, nice comfortable space and the shower water pressure was excellent.

"

"Amazing service, quality rooms, great breakfast, wonderful" ... "Service with a smile!" ...This is one of the best hotels we stayed in. Room was large with a sitting area with a couch. The room was very, very clean and modern. The staff at the front desk was very friendly, helpful and professional. They even gave us a bottle of water for being a Choice Hotel member. The lobby was nice and clean. Breakfast area was large. We would stay here again if in the area.

HORRIBLE HOTEL will never go here again. I will not recommend this to anyone.
    • Queen Suite

Well first off the AC unit smelled when you turned it on, there was a hole in the box spring and we had our kitten with us. Our kitten got sick because of the box spring and getting stuff in her eye. The pool looks nothing like what is in the picture. On the pool there is a sign that says you have to bathe before going in the pool. I have never seen that before at hotels I have been too. We had to check out early so we could take our kitten to the emergency hospital for pets which was not cheap. This hotel is HORRIBLE.

Absolutely nothing, horrible hotel

fairly close to attractions but the whole hotel seemed to be smokers paradise
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

The room was tiny, the smell was horrendous. We asked for non smoking room and we got severe stale smoke smell that saturated our clothes and nose, the small ac unit was blowing strong stale smoke odor. The wifi was worthless, slower than 1 bar of 2g data

Very friendly owner who offered us juice and coffee despite...
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

Very friendly owner who offered us juice and coffee despite us missing the breakfast time. He also allowed us to use the parking all day once we had checked out.

Big Disappointment
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

Everything else was not good It was dirty the shower curtain was held together by a clothes hanger. It was overall very run down and no maintenance had been done in long time. Didn’t bother with breakfast of tea and toast . Don’t stay here.

The bed was comfortable. Location was good.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Over all i dont like that much.. never will stay that hotel again!
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

About breakfast and breakfast timing. My friend try to get coffe around 8:00... the guy in service refused to have coffee. He told him that must be started at 8:00sharp!!!! Seriously just for coffee.... i need to wait until 8:am. Then my friend went timhorton to get coffee.two night stay we went out for breakfat which is close by!

Only thing i like is free parking and free wifi

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Overall had a great stay and would go back again for the price and location.
    • Family Double Room

There was a weird smell in the room as well as what appeared to be mouse droppings. It didn’t bother me as much just because the price of the hotel with how close we were to the falls, droppings weren’t a big deal but this might be to others so I just wanted to let you know :) Breakfast also wasn’t the best, juice was warm and there was no ice as well as no muffins, just toast. Was a little disappointed but there are many cheap places to go to eat around the hotel!

I really enjoyed how friendly the staff was, they were all super welcoming and understanding. It was my 19th birthday and I had a 6 friends with me and while we did get loud at times, we also kept quiet and were out most of the night. He wished me a happy birthday and said he hoped I had fun and being a little noisy was okay and he was just happy we weren’t crazy.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Upon arrival it was old and shady looking.

Upon arrival it was old and shady looking. But we continued. Once checked in. We went to our room. It was filthy. Old. Smelled of mold. Musty. Ac wasn’t on. We turned it on and the smell got worse. The bathroom was dirty. Mold. The tub was stained black. Ground had mold. The linens smelled of smoke. My daughter has asthma. So we immediately requested a refund. It was unlivable . The owner refused. Showed us another room. Which was slightly better but just as bad with mold. In the bathroom linens still smelled of smoke we refused that room as well. Explained it was for our daughters safety. She yelled at us, was very rude,Talked over everything we said. Finally after we warned another potential guest of the condition of the rooms only then did she agree to give us a refund. Please look at the rooms before paying!!! Or better yet, just stay away!

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Very friendly manager, easy walk to the falls (about 2km),...
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

Breakfast was toast with jelly and peanut butter. Shouldn't advertise that it serves breakfast

Very friendly manager, easy walk to the falls (about 2km), many restaurants nearby

Only for smokers
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

This hotel is for smokers. The room smelled overpoweringly like smoke. We did ask to be moved but it was not possible. My 20-something daughter almost spent the night in our van since the smell was so awful and overwhelming. We didn't mind that the bathroom was very old and needed an update, it was clean but we could not stomach the overpowering smell of smoke. There were even ashtrays outside of every door on the windowsill. We paid over $150 US for the room, definitely too much (through Booking.com)

I am sorry for this rating since the manager was very kind.

Not very happy
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

I got overcharged, I booked the hotel for three days but left one day before and still got charged for three days. Still waiting for booking.com to fix the issue.

Owner friendly

I wouldn’t stay here again
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

Parking was almost undo able on the one side of the property. The bathroom had a big hole in the bathtub and the sink wouldn’t turn off without putting a lot of pressure on the tap. The beds were ok but the pillows were crap. And no breakfast in the morning as advertised.

Not a location I would recommend if you have some expectation. Never stay there.
    • Family Room

Breakfast -horror. Room very poor.

The breakfast was bread margarine. Peanut-butter and gem . Coffee without milk Just the powder milk The furniture it is beat up.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Location was off busy road but right near everything.
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

Room smelled of cat pee from minute we walked in,very old.looked better on website.breakfast was coffee and toast.no ice or soda machine.no extra pillows as asked

Location was off busy road but right near everything.did not need to drive anywhere.was able to leave vehicle in lot to go on a tour same day we left.

Unfortunately I and my husband will not be going back there.
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

Some food for the "continental" breakfast as advertised would've been good other than toast and coffee. Walked out of their "dining" area to go to the all you can eat buffet across the street instead Turned out the food THERE early in the morning was probably left over breakfast from the day before by the toughness of the food, oh well. Later on went back to the sunset inn & NOW they put out some tea and some fruite drinks. Still just toast though. I saw a family of 4 earlier sitting outside at the picnic table at the inn & the parents were eating the toast, having coffee & their kids had no drinks at the time..the only people I saw that actually stayed there for "breakfast". There were lots of people that had booked staying at the inn.

Bed was comfy, good hot running water for a relaxing shower after a swim in their cool but refreshing pool.

The location is great.
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

I liked everything about he property except the pool wasn’t heated as it says everywhere but it was +30 outside so it didn’t really matter.

The location is great. Pool was great for the kids and adults to cool off. The rooms are ok. You get what you pay for. Breakfast was included and great. Good enough for the morning and for the price. Will definitely be back. The stuff was the best ever.

The stay was a good experience for myself and friends. I would not hesitate to recommend it.
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

The Manager/Owner very Nice and Accomodating/Pleasant.Very helpful. Open most hours if we needed anything.rooms were Tidy and Clean.Close to the Falls and Restaurants. Plenty of information avaliable.

Never come to this hotel. Not a trustworthy hotel!
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

I booked 2 queen beds room and arrived early in the morning. I told host that I will leave the car in the hotel parking area and check-in in late night. The host promised me he will give me the best room. When I finished the tourism and back to hotel at 11:00 PM, the host told me they could NOT provide the 2 queen bed room for us. We could leave to find another hotel or move to a room with 1 queen bed and 1 sofa bed. It was really terrible experience when you didn't get any notification during the whole day and very tired with kids to take shower and took a good rest. It was impossible to change to another hotel at 11:00 PM. We had to stay in the crowded 1 queen bed and 1 sofa bed room.

Walking distance to the falls and Clifton hills.
    • Family Room

Sink was plugged and backed up all weekend. No clean up and fresh towels during the day.

Walking distance to the falls and Clifton hills. AC worked great after it was turned on. Kids had a great time in the pool.

Long weekend stay
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

The rooms need a makeover. They have the original 70s tile in the bathroom. But they were clean. It was not wheel chair accessible. Lots of stairs!

It is an 11 minute walk to all the excitement. The restaurant across the street is fantastic! The pool is outdoor and clean. The rooms are clean. The staff was very attentive. The parking is free.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

July 30-August 1 2018
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

The owner, Shaeky, very nice, friendly and always available. Perfect place to stay when visiting Niagara Falls, very affordable and an easy walk to Clifton Hill and the falls. Niagara Falls is very expensive and you spend all your time out, spending... so this hotel was perfect for me and my family. Our room was ready early (smelled good and clean too!) Free parking, and they let us keep our car parked the whole day after checkout (11am) Basic breakfast but does the job!

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Motel for price of hotel
    • Family Double Room

Breakfast - only toasted bread and coffee, more like water with taste of coffee, only place to breakfast in the parking or in room. Pricy.

Good location, spacious 2 bedrooms number for 5+ company, clean, but outdated and old. Free parking and WiFi.

Worst place I ever stayed in...
    • Queen Suite with Spa Bath

It was very low budget motel...the rooms smell like mold...no soap or shampoo in the bathroom...the bed felt like it was broken in half...the atmosphere out side felt like a was a hourly motel...wouldn't recommended to any one...unless is goes for 30 buck a night...

Place suited our needs.
    • Queen Suite with Spa Bath

Price was a bit high, but location made it ok I guess.

The hotel suited our needs. The Owners are very friendly and helpful! It was quiet and it had a cute pool. Price was just ok because of the location. It's a short walk to everything, and there is fresh coffee, & bread and jelly in the morning for toast in the lobby. The pillows were really comfortable and the AC was great.

The breakfast included is a scam deal.
    • Family Room

The breakfast is bad.Only coffee with toast and jam!!! Water at the tap sink and bath tub drain very slowly. Bathroom curtain and the towels smell of mildew. Only soap available(it's dried). No shampoo. There was also a fly and a mosquito in the room. The pillows are flat.

The staff was very friendly, welcoming and helpful.
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

The room smelled strongly of smoke and the sink drained very slowly. The room was very dated. We paid C$149 for the room, which is about $114 US dollars, so it was not a good value.

The staff was very friendly, welcoming and helpful. The location is within about 15 minutes of walking distance to the major attractions at Niagara Falls.

Met expectations for the price.
    • Family Double Room

Bathroom had some peeling paint mainly around window and above shower, not awful, but enough to give it a dingy feel.

Basic hotel, definitely dated, but overall clean. Nice location, close enough to walk to Falls and Clifton Hills.

• Queen Suite with Spa Bath

Was no breakfast as they said in the website. Room has no toiletries very noisy ac sounds like tractor. TV wrong side if the bed. Very basic cable. Way over price.

Fabulous and great location.
    • Queen Suite with Spa Bath

Nothing really very satisfied.

Staff was excellent, always asking if we needed anything. Loved my room. Beds were very confortable. Needed extra pillows, no problem. Outdoor pool was always clean and water temperature was always refreshing. Staying again whenever I come to Canada.

Basic, old fashioned motel.
    • Family Double Room

It’s an old fashioned hotel which could benefit from an update of facilities.

Staff were nice. We forgot breakfast stopped at 10am but they kept facilities open longer for us. Also allowed us to use parking facilities after we checked out.

• Queen Suite

Dark, dingy, old, air conditioning did not work well, unfriendly check in staff, mattress was yellowed and stained, terrible odor in the lobby and room, tub-fixtures-shower was very dated and stained.

We enjoyed our stay
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

I wish I stayed longer .....

The Sunset Inn has definitely exceeded our expectations - it is very nice, cozy, family managed motel, the owner is super friendly and ready to help with everything we needed. We arrived around 10 pm and right away enjoyed a firework from our balcony - location is great - 10 min walking distance from the Falls, not noisy. There is a swimming pool where we with our kids got refreshed in the middle of a hot summer day. A cup of freshly made coffee in the morning :) Our stay was so relaxing and pleasant. We definitely will stay in The Sunset again while visiting Niagare Falls in another season.

The staff is excellent, all the time they were interested in...
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

The staff is excellent, all the time they were interested in how can help me. The location is very close to atractions and many restaurants. It is a nice place for vacations.

Great budget option for Niagara Falls visit
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

Very small room especially for families.

Very friendly and responsive staff, OK breakfast, perfect location to visit the Niagara Falls (walking distance).

Can be expensive for what you're getting but not much choice in the area if traveling with pets.
    • Queen Suite with Spa Bath

Rooms seem clean but are old/dated looking and very small. Very simple breakfast with lots of "no name" products could be improved upon. Rooms with jacuzzis are much smaller as the jacuzzi takes up a lot of unnecessary space. These rooms also have bathtubs in the bathroom. Air conditioners are old and can be noisy.

Nice staff and welcoming. Dogs are allowed to stay but they charge a lot per dog, per night. Location is away from the hustle and bustle of everything but within walking distance to all. Small pool is well taken care of and nice to cool off on a hot day. Lots of restaurants close by. Great parking right on site!

Good location.
    • Queen Suite with Spa Bath

WiFi was quite poor. Hotel is very dated, and it shows. Bathtub plugged up during a shower and then the tub wouldn’t shut off; water was turned all the way off and it was still dripping. Only hot water in the bathroom sink, no cold at all. Bed did not have a fitted sheet, just a mattress cover and a flat sheet plus comforter.

Good location. Close enough to the Falls. Friendly staff.

Fun weekend getaway
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

We have been to this hotel several times and the staff is extremely helpful and friendly. This hotel is located in walking distance to the casino, clubs, restaurants and the falls. Will defenately come back again as the price is good in where its located at. Thanks to all the staff and will see you again soon.

-Rooms come with a refrigerator and oven free of charge.
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

Room does not come with any shampoo or lotion just cheap soaps and numerous sized white towels. *****Bring your own shampoo, soap, lotion and hair dryer.*****

-Rooms come with a refrigerator and oven free of charge. -Room's air conditioner leaves the room very chilly and comfortable in the hot summer time and you have the controls to change the temperature anytime. -Inn is 15 minutes walk away from the falls and Clifton Hill -Free parking -Outdoor swimming pool available from 10AM-10PM -Free breakfast -Wifi is fast and reliable -Room comes with a tv ranging from news channels to kids channels either in english or french -Staff is friendly, approachable, and knowledgeable -Rooms with 2 double beds come with a little lounge area in the room filled with 2 comfortable sofa chairs and a coffee table. -Paid exactly what I booked it under. Did NOT stick me with any random pricey fees. -Second floor facing Al Mac's Buffet (do NOT go to this place because although it may look like a good deal with the large, fancy, and cheap price advertising, drinks pricing are actually skyrocket high- water is like 5$) has a view of the Skylon tower. -Tons of restaurants around to dine in ranging from fast food to authentic traditional food all walking distance of 2 mins to 20 mins.

Great value for clean, comfortable room!
    • Family Room

Great deal! My husband, three young daughter, and I walked to Clifton Hill and Horseshoe Falls from the motel, so we never paid for parking. Owners were extremely friendly and helpful! The pool was great. Room was clean and comfortable.

Good location.
    • Family Room

Very poor breakfast. Cross the street for a buffet breakfast at $6,99. The place need a makeover.

Good location. Clean pool. Comfy beds. Familyroom (two bedrooms). Fridge and microwave.

It was a nightmare . Please don't ruin your fun and stay away from this horrible place
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

Nothing . Nothing was there to like . I hated it . It was a horrible experience for me and my family . Pool was very small and dirty . In the rooms there were bugs . In three days no one made our beds or change sheets . Their was no professionalism . There was no staff . It was a one man show .

Extremely bad experience . Worst was the so called breakfast . Just cheap bread and jam . No eggs no assuages no milk no pancakes no biscuits or bagels . What make it even worst for me the discrimination . The owner decides who get what . When we go their to eat there is no muffins and when other people's are eating he serves

Not so good.
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

Room is old, dirty and smelly. Pool, likewise, is dirty. Free breakfast is very bad and unhygienic because there are flies flying while margarine is left uncovered.

The location is good.

I would go back if pool was open. Without my children it's a party motel.
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

no phones,no phone book, no bible. pool was closed under renovations, old fashion given a real key. Air conditioner leaked. no breakfast, coffee,toast jam or juice. you could feel the springs in mattress.

staff very friendly.

Great value with location
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

The value of sunset inn is great! 20 min walk to niagara falls and has a lot of placed nearby to eat and drink. The staff is wonderful, happy and respectful. The room is spaceful and is a great place to stay.

Great helpful owner.
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

Would have been a little better if they provided bottled water. But that was not too big of an issue for us. We survived :)

Great helpful owner. My parents came to visit me from a different country and we booked this motel for just a night. Arrived 2 hours before standard check in time but still the owner Mr. Shaikh (or Sheikh) originally from India, let us park free and gave us the room all cleaned and nice. He even gave us free walking directions to the sites and places with a smile, and by himself. My experience at a similar property in Niagara Falls owned by an Asian owner in 2015 was horrible. Ans I always tell people this date DO NOT go to that place. Anyway, everything from high speed internet to hair dryer, new towels and soaps along with satellite TV, microwave, a mini fridge and new sheets and pillows were there. Super quiet and we slept so well after spending half a day walking and site-seeing in Niagara Falls. Would have loved to stay longer at this place if we could and so so convenient to walk to the Horseshoefalls, the casino and Clifton tower. Buffers all over the place in close proximity. The owner also showed up at 5 next day at the reception during our checkout with coffee and cookies since we had to check out super early and could not wait for the complimentary breakfast. Overall for this cheap price of under 100 bucksa night what can one ask for in a super touristy Niagara Falls? Would come back and stay here again.

Avoid room #5
    • Queen Suite

I think we may have been first for the season in room #5. The floor and toilet bowl were very dust dirty, the room should have been checked and CLEANED before renting. The room reeked of cigarette smoke. Needed to keep A/C fan on and window open to ventilate. No room service for the 4 day stay. Had to ask for fresh towels. A hole filling and PAINT JOB would do wonders for the blue room, it is way overdue. Dingy. WEAK to 0 ... WIFI. $20/night for a pet. Usual is $10. The room was $70. The floor was dirty prior. June 10th, and the pool was not open, but the onsight owners were preparing it to be filled. Lacks electrical outlets, repair the ones that are there. Avoid room #5

Comfortable beds. Furniture, mini fridge, microwave good for price. Excellent water pressure. 15 minute walk to Clifton Hill. Takes pets. Nice green space adjacent to building for a dog to run and do their thing. Price good for Niagra in June..... but a freshening up would go a long way. Avoid room #5

Our trip to Niagara was made complete by Sunset Inn
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

I like firm mattresses, but that's just personal preference.

Superb location, excellent hospitality and plenty of restaurants near by! This place is excellent value for money.

The bed, the fridge, the internet.
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

No breakfast, not hairdryer, room much smaller than anticipated through internet photos, staff no where to be found for over half an hour in the morning, whole place is very outdated and renovations by painting over everything just awful.

The bed, the fridge, the internet.

The room is okay but its not too good for a family that has kids.
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

No breakfast was served and it has no non smoking room.The heavy smoke from the room beside our room is too much to endure.No complimentary breakfast was served which was actually included in my booking.

The environment and location of the hotel is okay which is not too far from the Clifton hills and and have a good parking space.

The attitude of staff could have been better they acted very...
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

The attitude of staff could have been better they acted very mean. For instance we were not able to figure out how to turn on lights as they have to be turned on by turning the light bulb sonwe called them and their reply was you have to switch on the lights in order to get lights. The breakfast just included bread and jam , and juice.

TERRIBLE DECISION
    • Family Room

Poor amenities. Dust on the tables. Extremely bad attitude towards customers other than the initial check-in. I felt like we owed them money throughout our stay that’s why they were unbelievably rude and sarcastic.

Terrible stay, could not sleep because of the smell in the room! DO NOT RENT FROM HERE
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

TERRIBLE TERRIBLE TERRIBLE HORRIBLE SMELL! The room smelled so bad that even opening the window did not suffice. Upon telling the front desk, they did NOTHING! I would not recommend this hotel to ANYONE. That alone...the smell of the room should have this hotel CONDEMNED until all rooms are rid of the smell.

The room was clean, that's about it.

It was OK for one night with a pet. Other rooms might be better.
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

We were under the impression that breakfast was included. NOT so until summer. To control heat we had to unplug the heater, then it got to cold, had to get up to plug it back in...and so on.

Bed comfy.

It was ok beds were uncomfortable and no hot water
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

They took my cash upfront and when i checked out early before 11 the next day they would not give me the money back for the nights i wasnt going to be using the motel

It was close to the falls and private

It was worth the price I paid for it.
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

I did not like how cold it was in the room when we first arrived but once we put on the heating it warmed up really quickly. I also didn't like the smell of the room but once you get used to it it's not so bad.

I liked the staff. They were super friendly. I liked that there was a working fridge and television. It was in close proximity to everything I needed.

Bad
    • Queen Suite

The room smells like a smoking room. From the towel to the bed sheets. The door is really hard to open and you have to lock the door before you can open it.

Overall, great value, great location, very friendly staff and a comfortable room.
    • Queen Suite with Spa Bath

No breakfast, however the owner knew a few great places to eat. The water for showers and the hot tub was not hot enough but to be fair, we did not complain about it, perhaps the temperature just needed to be adjusted.

The room was fairly large, the hot tub took up a lot of space. the bed was comfortable and the room was clean. The owner was super friendly and very helpful. As it was off season, the pool was not open but the hot tub made up for it. Excellent value for money.

Good place to stay the night

No complementary breakfast

The hotel is only 1 km away from Clifton hill and the falls, the owners were friendly enough to let us park the car after checkout to roam around the city.

Great staff, they were amazing to us when we left our tablet...
    • Queen Suite with Spa Bath

Great staff, they were amazing to us when we left our tablet behind. They did everything to help us we will definitely go back just because of what they did for us.

-Price
    • Queen Suite

- Heater not that strong for the colder days - Bathroom old - No clean service between overnights - Not so polite neighbours

-Price -Friendly staff -Parking -Location

The beds and the size of the room was great.
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

Everything was great, I just was not comfortable with not having a shampoo in the bathroom, and a coffee maker on the the table.

The beds and the size of the room was great.

Have a blast every time. Owners are the nicest you can find!
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

Liked the room this time that had the bathroom window. Some rooms don't have that which is fine I just prefer the window.

The owner is the nicest man imaginable. The rooms are super affordable and in the best location for Clifton hill and the all you can eat place across the street. I love that you have a balcony and there is an outdoor pool in the summer. Love that there is a fridge and microwave too. Have a blast every time we go, we have stayed 4 nights this year!! Definitely recommend for anyone wanting to save a buck and make a friend!

I enjoy simple places to stay that are value for money.
    • Queen Suite with Spa Bath

I paid a bit extra for a room with a spa tub. There was no hot water for the tub, however the shower had hot water. We called to see if it could be fixed and we were treated badly. The owner talked constantly so we couldn't speak. His wife was equally rude. They had no interest in helping us and refused to refund the extra I paid for the spa bath. He called my partner a liar even though we ran the water to prove it was cold. I would not recommend staying here, because if anything goes wrong you will not be assisted.

I enjoy simple places to stay that are value for money. It was quiet and clean. We had privacy and felt safe.

Shaky is an awesome host and went above and beyond even when we were checking out
    • Queen Suite with Spa Bath

A little noisy at night but overall not bad!

Comfy clean bed and great pillows! Loved the jacuzzi in the room and the free parking with close proximity to the falls is an awesome perk. Can't say enough good about the owner he really goes out of his way to make you feel welcome!

This isn't a high end hotel but if your spending the...
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

This isn't a high end hotel but if your spending the night in the falls for a night of fun and just want the room to sleep you can't beat the value. The owners are also extremely nice

Bargain Deal
    • Queen Suite

Although the ad stated there was breakfast, there wasn't. A coffee maker in the room would be great. I'm quite certain there was a drug deal happening outside, yelling and arguing. It was clean although I could tell the sheets had not been changed after the previous guest's stay. Nothing more than expected.

Nice basic motel, owners were very friendly and amazing.
    • Queen Suite

Rooms could have used more cleaning, the fridge was terrible and could barely keep a bottle of water cold. The light fixture in bathroom was missing a light, shower curtain rod was all rusted. There was no soap what so ever to wash your hands in bathroom.

Staff was amazing and very friendly. They had flat screen tv's that offered a variety of channels. Owner was able to anwser any questions and offer recommendations.

Great value for the money, hard to beat!
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

Wifi was unstable and didn't connect well. The key hole does not function smoothly.

The hotel was 15 minutes walking distance from the falls, plenty of restaurants around, safe place and friendly staff. The room and bathroom was cozy, comfortable and clean, much more than expected.

We had a very good stay.
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

Next time, I am sure Imtiaz would add the eggs and crossaint in the breakfast menu:).

Our stay at the Sunset Inn was very pleasant. The best thing about the place was hospitality that you would rarely find in the motels/hotels in Niagara Falls area. Imtiaz (owner) was very accomodating and always there to assist in all possible ways. Sunset Inn was quite affordable and walking distant to the famous Clifton Hill (the mini Vegas:) We would definitely visit again!

Overall we had a good time, nice weather and met friendly people
    • Queen Suite

The staff was friendly and helpful. Not to long of walk to the falls. I booked before I realized what I did and called the place and mentioned I had a son that was coming. They rearranged some rooms so he would have a bed to sleep in. My wife also needed to go to the hospital and woke the staff up in the middle of the night and they were helpful to her.

Location was great
    • Standard Room with Two Double Beds

There was no breakfast but it was suppose to include breakfast and we had to go buy breakfast and no partial refund. There were there is coffee. Also I was in the room for pets, I was going to bring my dog but I don't think it was cleaned well because my allergies went nuts in there. I had to check out a night early. Extra cleaning is needed with pets, like shampoo carpets and wash comforters.

Location was great

very clean and comfortable owners are very nice and helpful
    • Queen Suite with Spa Bath

can't no thinking of anything our stay was wonderful.

It was clean and the owners were so very nice. My husband loved their coffee and the owner made tea for me both mornings. Family business but they are all so friendly and made us fell at home. We will go back again.

Location is ideal when you want to stay close to Niagara...
    • Queen Suite with Spa Bath

The room needs a good airing, it smells terrible. But that's what you get when booking last minute - you end up with smoking room even though you mention that you prefer non-smoking. Also, the bathroom needs some serious cleaning. Not to mention the heart-shaped tub in the room. Prepare to eat elsewhere, the breakfast is really basic. Wi-fi is weak so you can't really rely on it.

Location is ideal when you want to stay close to Niagara Falls and explore the area. They were also able to accommodate our late check-in which we really appreciated. I was just surprised that they just gave us the key without verifying our identity, that's really unusual. Parking was never an issue, we even scored a shaded spot that saved us from getting in a burning hot car.