Reviews of Super 8 by Wyndham Barrie 2.5 stars

441 Bryne Drive, L4N 6C8 Barrie, Canada

#7 of 18 hotels in Barrie

• Deluxe Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Nothing comes to mind with respect to negatives. The only problem we had was with registration. I had called a few days before to tell them about my dog and they couldn't locate my reservation!!! This happened twice -apparently there can be problems with their system not communicating with Booking.com! So you might want to call ahead just to make sure they know about you! Finally, there is a security deposit of $150 which can take several days to disappear off your charge card. But other than that, no complaints.

This hotel was exactly what we were looking for: quiet room with enough space for 3 adults, easy to locate off highway, friendly staff and as a bonus a delicious breakfast! We particularly liked the layout of our room with a separate bedroom and a pull-out sofa in the sitting area. This worked marvellously well for our adult son. it is also very welcoming for dogs, especially if you are on the ground floor - going outside is very simple. The room also had a small fridge and microwave which would be handy for a longer stay. Quite enjoyable! And the price is right!

very lumpy pillows so many chemicals in the pool area you could not even sit around the pool let alone swim in the pool

close to family event we were attending

We had to bring in cash in to pay because their debt machine was not working. We had to pay a $3.00 fee to get cash out. We had to look to find a ATM macihine in a city we were not familiar with. We had made a few stops to find a ATM at 2:00am in the morning.When asked if we would get a discount since we did have to go out of our way and it cost us money we were told a firm NO!

Very clean.

• Queen Suite with Bunk Bed - Non-Smoking

No coffee for breakfast :( . However, It was coffee in the room. Fridge wasn't working.

Comfortable large room, clean, with all amenities (small pool & gym), TV, wifi, air conditioning, fridge.

The Shower curtain railing was not fastened to the wall properly and the curtain kept sliding to the middle of the bar during a shower

The fact of how lose it was to where we needed to be in Barrie

• Deluxe Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Large comfortable room with seating area as well as bedroom. Microwave and fridge in each room. Quiet at night. Location is excellent for restaurants, groceries and shopping (although not so pleasant for scenery or walking). Staff members were friendly and helpful.

a little cleaner especially bathroom and some repairs like wall painting seem to be in progress a little dated

large room comfortable breakfast was hot and plenty of food selection

• Queen Room with Spa Bath- Disability Access - Non-Smoking

The person on the floor above jumping up and down on the floor off and on all night. I was woken up a couple of times. Was hoping they would settle down and did for awhile but then I was woken up.

The jacuzzzi tub.

• Queen Room with Spa Bath- Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Took over 45 mins to check in. Apparently my booking wasn’t confirmed through here and I had to pay 186 for the night and that’s with my government rate.

Jacuzzi tub worked pretty well

The quality of breakfast food with marginal eggs were cold and rubbery textured. Other chains do a better job it seems.

The property was clean and the staff was responsive and friendly. The location suited us perfectly with multiple restaurants located within walking distance and easy access to the freeway.

Bathroom a bit small. Tub had antislip surface but shape was curved at bottom so always felt off balance, and no grab bar to help me feel secure.

Welcomed us as we checked in at midnight. Good bed. Good breakfast.

Not very clean, bathroom wall switch dirty, beds were ok. The breakfast was nothing to write home about.Ive stayed at super8 in the states, ill never stay in barrie again.

Strange smells in the halls and coming in vents... a whole hockey team in hot tub. Shower did not drain well, mattress too hard. Garbage everywhere out the side entrance

Pet friendly ... 1st time dog has come with us and it worked out well. Good to see keeping up with maintenance by repainting the 3rd floor.

• Deluxe Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

The room and Hotel was beat up. Patch jobs that weren't painted. The walls and ceilings are paper thin, and the most unacceptable was hair in my "clean" towel. Makes me worry.

The staff at the front desk were nice and super friendly.

Shower curtain was installed wrong so it was a little crowded in there! Tell your contracter, those curved rods are meant to give more space in the shower,not less.

We got a great price for this stay and it’s close to where we needed to be. Have stayed here other times and price was much higher then. Still a good place to stay either way. Lots of space in the breakfast area. Would have liked the option of fat free yogourt though.

• Deluxe Queen Suite with Spa Bath- Non-Smoking

Thin walls! We could hear the people in the room next to us having sex as clearly as if they were on the other side of a curtain.

-The woman that checked us in was very welcoming and accommodating. -Great location, plenty of restaurant and entertainment choices walking distance

Parties kept us awake, mirror not clean, floor not vacuumed , bath tub not rinsed . Pool too small and too crowded to use. Upon signing in credit card billed many times for stay and also a $150 deposit.

Location was good

• Queen Suite with Bunk Bed - Non-Smoking

Noise level throughout our stay was very loud. The first day the hot tub had only one working jet. The pool had a strong sense of chemicals (bacteria) and burned the eyes. The hallways smelled smokey.

The bunk beds in the Family room

• Deluxe Queen Suite with Spa Bath- Non-Smoking

The walls are certainly not sound proofed whatsoever. We couldn't even watch tv on low without the neighbouring room pounding on the wall. I could clearly hear the conversation the other neighbouring room was having. And what was happening throughout the night in the room above me. FYI- the bed above room 309 is VERY squeaky. The smell of someone smoking dope throughout the night filtering into our room. Worst sleep ever.

The room was fairly clean.

none

i had a very good stay. Lady at the desk was very kind, friendly and very helpful.. I had called just to let the hotel know i was bringings pet.. and that i had asked for my room to be ready and it was

• Deluxe Queen Suite with Spa Bath- Non-Smoking

Great price only challenge were the hard beds and tiny pillows.

The jacuzzi was a delight after an exceedingly long day of work! Breakfast had a nice selection and location was perfect for access to the 400.

Just had problems with the key card. needed to go to the front desk about 3x to have it reset.

Stayed on the pet friendly floor which gave us 2 exits for when we took our dog out. Beds were comfy, room clean.

The pool was very small, also the hot tub jets did not work nor was it very warm..

Got an excellent king suite for my birthday and it was an excellent price. Quite the bargain for what we received. Awesome room.

Being an older motel you hear everything that is going on in the rooms beside you quite well through the walls.

The bed was comfortable, staff was very friendly. This is an older motel and it shows once inside. It was fairly clean, but again once things get to a certain age with a lot of use, they are hard to clean. The cleaning staff does a good job with what they are working with.

Pool and hot tub too small to use, breakfast area too small for this size hotel, elevator very slow ,we mainly walked the stairs

Breakfast included, everything you might need in the room was included, microwave, coffee maker, iron, hear dryer

• Deluxe Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

It was not that clean. My pillowcase was covered with pieces of hair and the coffee maker was dusty. Breakfast was okay but compared to other hotels in the same price range, I was disappointed.

The location was good with easy access to highway and a lot of restaurants nearby.

Parking spaces need more,but it is the winter months and I understand the snow has to be pushed somewhere

Staff were all friendly,rooms clean and comfortable,breakfast good to start the day

• Deluxe Queen Suite with Spa Bath- Non-Smoking

Only down fall was Kids running up and down halls and having to wait for elevator every time we used it because kids where playing and ridding elevator up and down all day

• Queen Suite with Bunk Bed - Non-Smoking

Very disappointed in my stay at super 8. The rooms were not cleaned very well at all . I can tell nothing thorough was done as the notepads in the room still had the previous guests notes on it and children’s writing in the guest services binder. I rented the hotel partly for my child to be able to use the pool . I was very disappointed in the lack of Supervision from the staff that allowed a huge group of kids and parents in there (hockey tournament I assume) to openly drink alcohol from glass/cans and the kids to be rowdy and running around . My child was hurt within the first couple minutes of being in there due to the chaos that was happening, so we had to leave..The staff didn’t say anything they just kept bringing in towels . There were adults in the pool area with muddy outdoor boots on as well . Definitely not worth what I paid and I won’t be going to that location again . Very unclean and uncomfortable stay .

Too short of a time 😊

Accessibility to the highway to eatery , to shopping. First time in the area so whenever we ask questions without our GPS we were able to ask the staff. The room where nice and clean. My sister and i were totally happy with our room

• Deluxe Queen Suite with Spa Bath- Non-Smoking

The beds were very hard. :( I got up and switched beds part way through the night hoping the other was better. But it wasn’t much better. :( And there was a lot of noise coming from the wall the beds were on by the window and in the hallways. Almost like someone was open and slamming drawers again and again. And a few louder bangs. But I think I was close to a furnace or maintanice room or something.

Stay was good. Staff was very friendly and helpful!

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The parking lot was very messy. Lots of snow. My bed was hard as a rock. Shower curtains are to far into the shower. Feels like your being mugged when your trying to get clean.

It's close to everything you need. Shopping, dining and what have you. Really big room for the price. Fairly quiet.

Needs general maintenance. Lightbulbs burnt out in room, bathroom door scrapes heavily on the floor to open and close. Just basic maintenance.

Breakfast was fantastic. Beds comfortable, room was clean and super friendly staff.

I found the bed too hard and the Pillows went flat after I tossed and turned and the people next to us like the TV up pretty loud

Location was good close to where we needed to get to for Christmas

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The bathroom is small and the door is right on front of the toilet. Weird.

We had the best room, a king suite with whirlpool. It's a very large room with everything you need. I highly recommend it.

Its good it’s pet friendly but the ones with pets are placed with the ones without My family was woken several times by dog couple doors down.

Got my own pillow! Breakfast was nice

• Deluxe Queen Suite with Spa Bath- Non-Smoking

paying extra for my pet, was not part of the advertisement bed and linens were of poor quality very noisy room, by the staircase which made lots of noise when people were going up and down elevator took far too much time

easy to get to

The hotel itself was very average not the most comfortable room the pillows were horrible and the pool is small and hot tub was closed housekeeping was knocking on the door 10 minutes even before checkout even though the sign was up. The staff was friendly and the location is good. The room was quiet and we were able to travel with a pet

• Deluxe Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

I was only in for the evening, but the staff was nice and the hotel was quite! There were a lot of out of town workers staying there and usually when that happens there could be a lot of drinking or loud noise. Not a peep, and I slept like a log!

• Deluxe Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

The only negative was the hot tub was closed for maintenance.

Property was great, great location, staff was excellent, the breakfast was great as well.

• Deluxe Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

I was looking for a higher quality hotel and expected a little more but it was OK. My wife and I are not fussy about a bathroom with the sink separate outside the bathroom.

• Deluxe Queen Suite with Spa Bath- Non-Smoking

Only compliant would be that I found it very hot in the elevator and in the hallways.

Everything was very clean it was great for the amount spent. The staff was amazing.

Bed less comfortable than our previous visit. (king better than queen)

Nice room and accomodations. Well situated with restaurants, gas and stores near by.

The room could be up dated.

The staff was helpful and friendly. Breakfast was good, great selection. Loved the location. The bed was comfortable. Room was clean but needs up dating.

• Queen Suite with Bunk Bed - Non-Smoking

Nice breakfast but crowded. A little more room would be appreciated.

Comfortable room with opening windows for fresh air. Well situated with accommodations all around.

Walls were cracked and paint was all peeling in the bathroom. Pillows were very uncomfortable. Teeny tiny shampoo/conditioner, not enough towels

Friendly staff, quiet, cot available and indoor pool

Liked it all..close to everything

Love my stay for the 2 days..staff very friendly...room was clean...great breakfast..in North Bay...breakfast till nine am...in Berrie breakfast till 10 am...less of a rush but 9 am was ok...thanks to all the staffs

• Queen Suite with Bunk Bed - Non-Smoking

I have no complaints about this hotel. I wouldn't change anything.

Everything was great! We loved the bunk beds in the little separate room for the kids. Rooms and bathrooms were clean. They were really accommodating for the puppy. Really easy going and understanding when I expressed concerns about leaving the dog alone in the room in case she started barking. Eastside Mario's restaurant was right next door and they even deliver to your room for $5. The free breakfast had lots of options. Hot items too! Waffles, eggs, cheese omelettes. Breads and fruit too. The pool and hot tub were small but good enough for a little swim with the kids. The pool water was nice and warm too. Front desk was great when we requested extra towels and were very friendly and helpful with everything. Excellent customer service! I highly recommend this hotel.

Breakfast chaos, no space to sit, disorganised, people standing around waiting to grab a seat plastic knifes and forks paper plates felt like camping not very appetising. Its a shame all that lovely fruit growing in Ontario at very cheap prices and nothing to show at the breakfast buffet. Not very enviromently friendly all that plastic/paper in the rubbish. The room was fine and comfortable but skip the breakfast.

• Deluxe Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Seemed like most of the outlets in my room needed to be changed. The plugs kept falling out. The pull out bed wasn't very clean. The gym is wayyy too hot being beside the hot tub.

Gym, cookies at desk, the enclosed bedroom separate from the pull out bed area, & the staff

The free breakfast was okay except the slightly snobby side of me was surprised to eat off paper plates.

We arrived late at night straight from the airport and the lovely lady you checked us in was so friendly and helpful. She helped us with some important toiletries as we were leaving for a three day canoe trip. The room was modern, comfortable and clean. Couldn't have asked for a better spot to get a good nights sleep after a long day.

Excellent location for our purpose. Quiet, comfortable, excellent breakfast. good parking, and above all an excellent price. And as a bonus there are restaurants within walking distance and an LCBO outlet next door!!! We have stayed here previously and have designated it as our Barrie Hotel.

Outdoor hotel property grounds were very UNACCEPTABLY DIRTY. Lots and lots of litter. I walked around the building and was amazed at the trash everywhere. Very bad impression. Smelly,messy,nasty area on one end of hotel outside where smokers gather, including employees. Big turn off!

Bed comfortable. Room basic, but clean. Very no frills. TV nice. Fridge clean. Bathroom spacious and clean.

The pool was a bit small, making my wife and daughter turn right around when they saw how cramped the pool was with just a few people in it.

The room was comfy, the bathroom spacious and the continental breakfast enjoyable. It was a pleasant place to spend a night.

I did'nt sleep well, the walls are thin and abutting room was talking and laughing til 3 in the morning! I should'nt be able to hear conversations so clearly!

the location is walking distance to various restaurants, shopping, gas bars.

still noisy after 10pm sounded like kids running up and down the hall well after 10pm on both . Room could have been cleaner. Dust on the top of the lamps hair in the bathtub and candy wrappers in the garbage can. Had to wait both morning for a seat for breakfast for about 10 minutes each day.

Breakfast items were plentiful and hot.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Everything was perfect Parking lot is joined with restaurant next door which therefore makes it very hard to find parking for the hotel especially handicap but we did find one way the other side of the restaurant

Location was great and the staff was exceptional

neighbouring room partied until 2 in the morning laughing, banging talking to loud even after phoning front desk, room smelled of smoke even though it was non smoking, actually whole hall way, plug in bathroom didn't work, found the dog area/smoking area to have alot of garbage laying around, felt it was very expansive ( 170.00 for the night ) and that was booked thru a 3rd. party, don't think I would stay there again or any other Super 8 after that experience or recommend the hotel to friends or family I give it a rating of 3 out of 10 not a happy stay!!

Bed was comfortable

The breakfast, including coffee, was pretty sad. Scrambled eggs were hard and tasteless, and coffee weak. But it was included so that's was good.

Bed was comfy. Hotel was quiet, and even has a notice in elevator that quietness is expected after 10 pm. Staff was very nice.

• Queen Room with Spa Bath- Disability Access - Non-Smoking

There wasn't much that I didn't like. I could suggest vegan options for the vending machines/breakfast times.

Staff were very friendly, just like back home in NL

Nice clean comfortable hotel, good value for sure. Close proximity to highway, shopping, restaurants and movie theatre. Nicely updated hotel with spacious rooms. Staff are very good here at this location. We'll be staying here again in our new spot as we regularly visit Barrie. A good fit for our needs.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

• Queen Suite with Bunk Bed - Non-Smoking

We thought their was not much chose for breakfast as 1 of us was diabetic and most things had lots of carbs and high sugars, the rooms needed more plug sockets and maybe a few more towels for a family of 4. Parking was an issue special when you had several large commercial vehicles taking up several parking spots, very little disabling parking also at this Barrie location

Beds were comfortable and clean, no noise. We recommend and come back.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

So clean. Want to come again with my 2 small grandchildren and use the pool. A night during the week when I can afford it. I'm disabled and on fixed income. I will try my best. Please let me know about discounts

• Queen Suite with Bunk Bed - Non-Smoking

Way in which staff treat guests, with rules that are unique to this property and issuing threats as never seen in any hotel in the world. A bad experience.

• Deluxe Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Breakfast had limited selection.... I was glad there was eggs but please not cheese, my body can't take cheese.

Service, price, location, room with spa :)

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

• Deluxe Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

The sheets were not clean. There were crumbs on the sheets and short curly hairs on the sheets; I'm hoping they were chest hairs...

Friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

Beds needs to be replaced.. Wasn't bad last year but this year the beds were hard as a rock. Was lucky to sleep 2 hrs.

Price. Location to our venue.

• Queen Suite with Bunk Bed - Non-Smoking

Would like to have a TV guide...Had to flip through the channels to find something to watch

The price was excellent for the room I got. The breakfast was simple but good

• Reviewed: 1 April 2017

• Queen Suite with Bunk Bed - Non-Smoking

The fitness facilities need some ventilation and equipment update. I found the lack of tv guide a bit frustrating but nothing terrible.

Rooms are a great value and super easy access to the highway. Breakfast is a nice bonus with such a low rate. General service was lovely and you can't beat the price.

• Deluxe Queen Suite with Spa Bath- Non-Smoking

Only 3 pillows in the room (queen bed), The walls were dirty and on the back of the curtain there was some black spots which appeared to to look like mold. Staff during check in weren't overly engaging and appeared to be more interested in the personal conversation happening behind the desk.

Location and price were good. The complimentary breakfast was decent. The staff at check out was quite friendly.

Everything was comfortable it would be nice to have bacon on some mornings breakfast

We had waffles, eggs and sausages they were good and hot. it was nice to have a got meal in the morning.

• Deluxe Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Pool was horrible . Was not at all attended to. Chlorine smell as soon as you entered the hotel. Everyone was coughing, adults to children. Way too much. We pulled the kids out as others were also doing. I did complain and he said he was going to close pool. I have no idea if it was actually closed or not. It took too long to check out, as someone had to check the room in order to have deposit released.

The room was beautiful and lots of room. Very clean.

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

• Deluxe Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Sound-proofing not great (heard footsteps above and could hear guests above using the toilet) and the breakfast was absolutely disgusting (with paper plates and plastic cutlery and coffee so weak it was practically water).

Comfortable and well-equipped rooms,

• Queen Room with Spa Bath- Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Bed was so so very hard and uncomfortable, I couldn't sleep welL. Furniture appeared to be crowded in the room. Breakfast was deplorable. Slimey cheap sausages heated omlettes in a warmer and very little yogurt and fruite. Breakfast Place needs to be updated and perhaps use bacon or Ham and have eggs made to order by the breafast host. (Most Other hotels manage far better free breakfast buffets in town).

We upgraded & got the hot tub room for $10 more. Room was ok but it needs to be bigger with hottub in the room.

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

• Deluxe Queen Suite with Spa Bath- Non-Smoking

We have used this hotel many a time, but now we are finding that it is starting to look old, there was some dirt on our room walls, dings in the walls that had been patched up badly. It seems to now be looking dated and old and a bit dirty. Also outside our room there were garbage bins and some of the other stores. The garbage is taken away at all random times very early in the morning and woke us up a couple of times. It has done this on the last few stays at this hotel.

Hotel location is excellent. We are also able to take our dog here, which helps when we need to bring him.