Reviews of Super 8 by Wyndham Downtown Toronto 2 stars

222 Spadina Avenue, M5T 2C2 Toronto, Canada

#79 of 130 hotels in Toronto

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

Comfortable room.

The nearby streets can be a little noisy at night, but that's to be expected in a location like this.

Comfortable room. Nice location - on the streetcar route from Union Station, next to Chinatown and a block away from Kensington Market and Queen street. Lots of eating opportunities nearby and easy to get to downtown.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2018

Good value suite hotel.
    • Queen Room

Room had a kitchen but apart from a coffee machine and a few coffee pods, microwave and fridge was empty. Had to ask at reception for plates and cutlery if needed. Long walk to elevator and stairs. Nearest were blocked off because they were reserved for use by other residents in the building.

Spacious, comfortable, quiet suite. Good location near to shopping centre and Chinatown. Good breakfast. Self service laundry available.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2018

We wouldn't stay there again just because of the location.

The location was awful as was the area around it - we nearly didn't go in! The parking was $12 and was underground in a very inhospitable place.

The room itself was of quite a high standard and beds were comfy.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

We were pleasantly surprised by the comfort and cleanliness of this location.
    • Queen Room

The breakfast was just ok. Normal hotel breakfast (ex: bagels, toast, cereal). Although we were told we had to eat the breakfast in the area provided. We couldn’t bring it to the room. There weren’t many tables and at times people were standing to eat.

The bed was very comfortable! Rooms are very clean! Just a short walk to the city center and many shopping locations!

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

Decent hotel in downtown Toronto

The continental breakfast provided didn't look that great. Some sad looking bagels and muffins, cereal, and some small apples were about all that was available. I guess it's fine if you're just looking for some calories in the morning but I wanted a little more nutritional balance than a bunch of carbohydrates. Sound from the hallways and adjacent rooms does seem to carry a bit. Noisy neighbors may make it a rough experience but I didn't have any major problems. I thought the hotel was kind of expensive but it was also the best room/parking/quality value that I could find at the time that I booked. It is sort of oddly located in a Chinatown shopping mall in downtown Toronto. Based on other reviews, I was a little afraid that I'd have a direct view of the mall from my room but I ended up with a view of a small zen garden instead. It was still a bit awkward, though, because the garden was also visible from a hallway and two or three other guest rooms.

In the United States, I associate the Super 8 brand with mediocre roadside motels in small towns. This location, which appears to be independently operated by a franchisee, seems to be a step above with sleek, modern design that was not at all what I expected. I didn't interact much with the staff but they were courteous and helpful. Though parking availability in the ramp below is not guaranteed, I had no trouble at all finding a spot even on the night of the Maple Leafs' home opener. But maybe I just arrived before things got hectic. Overall it was a pleasant enough stay and I would consider staying at this hotel again.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

Good hotel with excellent price

There should be a kettle for guests to boil water to make tea instead of relying on that miserable machine that boils water for one cup at a time

The location is good and provide reasonable good breakfast

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Clean rooms, fair price

They had a computer for your convenience in the lobby that didn't work, no matter what you did. Second day when we got back, both our room cards did not work(kept on two people, with different locations), when stating to front desk, clerk was snarky. Plus the continental breakfast was poor to fair at best.

Good location, fair price, beds were comfortable, nice and quiet.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

For one night a good solution. Next time I would go out for breakfast.

The breakfast is really poor, no eggs, nor cheese. The brakfast room dosn´t invite you for a relaxed breakfast.

The room size and the cleaniness. The room was quiet.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Bad service, not worth the money
    • Two-Bedroom Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Room was not clean and the AC unit did not work. When asked to move rooms they sent a front desk guy in and he said they were sold out of rooms and we had to stay in the humid wet room. He said he would mention it to the front desk and apologized. When I brought it up to the front desk they said there was nothing they could do.. honestly we were thinking of leaving At night because the room was so gross. Not good service, not worth the money

Room was big on first floor

for the value hotel wasn't bad
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

water pressure was terrible and water was not hot...one of the staff members (a gentleman) was not very friendly or helpful

how big the rooms were...view of the cn tower...bed were comfortable

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

My family and I had a wonderful time.

I did not like that the breakfast was not until 11 pm.

I liked the comfort zone and bar it was relaxing the safety of the hotel is great and the response to any question I had also reserving an extra day to be booked was taking care of all very quick and with a professional attitude.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Good location and decent price as well as comfortable room.
    • Queen Room

If one is driving to this hotel, it can be frustrating trying to find it in downtown Toronto as there are a number of small businesses that share the hotel's address. In addition, there is very little in the way of signage that fronts the street, and then trying to find the parking garage. whose entrance is one block over, took me about 30 mins. from the time I arrived on Spadina in the right block until I went up to the lobby. It was frustrating.

Breakfast had enough variety to get one going in the morning. It would be nice if `they offered one low carb/higher protein option like unsweetened yogurt. Room was clean, bed was comfortable, I didn't hear much noise. Location was great.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Totally disappointed
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The entrance to hotel was very off putting. The bedroom and corridor smelt strongly of cigarette smoke. The room looked out to a wall very little natural light. It was the first time in my life I had paper cups and plates with plastic cutlery at breakfast. It was so bad we moved to another hotel.

Bathroom was fine

The whole experience was pretty good.
    • Queen Room

Milk and sugar missing from our room. Restroom facilities in reception area did not exist. Use facilities that are under lock & key.

The whole experience was pretty good. Breakfast lacking choice but ok.

Clean and affordable but in a bit of a sketchy area

The area itself was a little sketchy. It was above a chinese mall and it seemed a bit insecure. The parking garage was dingy. Probably wouldn't stay there again even for the proximity to the Hospital. Would try a different option.

Price and being downtown was good. Room was very modern and up to date. Proximity to Western Hospital was outstanding. Not very far to the nicer areas of downtown toronto. Walking distance to the entertainment district.

Good choice if you don't expect too much

The elevators were super slow and relatively small for the number of people who were using them. The overall cleanliness of the room (especially of the bathroom) was below average. Breakfast was very basic and the breakfast area was very crowded. We haven't been provided a crib that we requested.

The location of the hotel was very good. We had a nice city view (we could see CN Tower from our windows). The room was quite spacious.

Super 8 ain’t that Super
    • Queen Room

Hotel a bit run down and China Town location not Toronto’s finest. Room pretty basic and quite expensive. Whilst I fully recommend Toronto I certainly wouldn’t return to Super 8.

The breakfast which is included in rate was not too bad. Decent selection. Fairly short walk to restaurants and bars.

This property is in a good location and in walking distance...
    • Queen Room

I didn’t like how far it was from the main downtown area and the cost value didn’t reflect that as I got a much nicer hotel my second night in Toronto right in the hub of everything in downtown for 30$ less then this one per night. Also the people prior to us had contacts and used the ice bucket as a garbage for them and housekeeping did not catch that so it was a little gross for us. They only gave me a deal on the 12$ parking for that happening.

This property is in a good location and in walking distance to many things.

Good value for the money and great location.

While overall the room seemed clean, I did notice water stains/dirt on the floor and mirrors which to me meant that they didn't fully clean the bathroom.

Price was good for a night in Toronto.

Very happy with our stay.
    • Superior King Suite - Non-Smoking

Actually, there was no real negatives to our stay except for one thing. The hotel itself was very hard to find as we walked down Spadina to find it, and its very far away from many other landmarks making it difficult to get to and from without a vehicle.

The entire hotel was very neat and tidy, and the special room we got out of the way felt amazing with all the privacy it afforded us. The staff was also very polite and helpful. The lobby and inside of our room also looked really pretty.

Good $ value,close to downtown
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The outside looked a little shabby and were at first concerned but once elevator opened to the lobby it was fine.unfortunately I had to call front desk because our room needed vacuuming. There were visible crumbs, chips crumbs,nail clipping. They came quickly to do it. But I would suggest housekeeping pull back the bed skirt as next to the bed box it was full of food crumbs. You didn’t see them unless you sat on the opposite bed.

Close proximity to the 2 theaters in King but we cabbed it and it was reasonable price also.the room for 3 people was a nice size but the mattress in the sofa bed was very poor .

Great location - Spadina Avenue is in central part of...
    • Queen Room

Great location - Spadina Avenue is in central part of Toronto. Since it’s Chinatown, you can find a lot of places to eat, buy souvenirs, etc for a low price. Comfortable - clean big room, very calm, without any noises. WiFi was working quite ok.

The room was very spacious.

The lobby and hallways to the rooms were very dark which made it feel unsafe. I didn’t like the escalators going up and down to the Chinatown shops location. It was away from the lobby and any one had access to the hotel. They locked it at night but it made it feel unsafe. The breakfast bar in the lobby was very small and their was limited fruit and choices to chose from.

The room was very spacious. More room than any other hotel I’ve stayed at.

comfortable, clean and friendly staff

From the outside you wouldn't think there was a Hotel on the 3rd floor. Very dirty around the outside front door.

Super 8 by Wyndham Downtown Toronto was in walking distance to most things. Bed was very comfortable. Staff were very helpful.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Will stay again!

I wish they had a crib/playpen as requested.

For a lower rated hotel, this place exceeded our expectations. It was a great location, yummy continental breakfast and friendly staff.

Over all it was great place to stay street cars out front but you can walk everywhere you want to go

Shower curtains need to be a bit longer to keep the water from hitting the bathroom floor, carpet needs updating and the elevator is a bit slow.

The bed was so comfy I wanted one

Ok for downtown - easy to get tram to harbour or city

Breakfast was rubbish, no eggs, cold meats or cheese Air con was too noisy Room wasn’t cleaned well and toiletry items weren’t all renewed Fridge wasn’t plugged in Relax area - staff did not speak English, booked a massage for 5pm - went along and they were too busy apparently!!!

Bed was comfy

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Good hotel in the Chinatown area of Toronto, good choice for a few nights when visiting the city.

There is no place to stop your car for unloading in front of the hotel, so if you arrive by car you should maybe call ahead to see where you best stop for unloading.

Very comfortable beds in large rooms, some with a nice view, others to the back-alley. The breakfast is good with a large choice and not over-crowded. You can reach many interesting tourist destinations on foot if you are ready to walk 20 minutes.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

It was worth the money.
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The windows in our room needs to be cleaner. Toilet needs to be cleaner

Location was awesome. 20-25minutes walk from bloor st ,bay st,ripleys aquarium,art gallery Friendly staff. Room was clean. Really cheap underground parking,$12 daily if you don’t take out your car, and I think it was $20 if you do take your car out of the parking garage.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Was worth the money as great hotel that is close to everything a traveller would want and need.
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

The beds were a little to firm for my personal liking but others might like the firm mattress but besides that, not really a complaint, just personal preference. Some of the downtown population at night were not as appealing but nothing the hotel property can control as it is Toronto and that is the city night life I guess.

The location was excellent as close to everything we were wanting to do the two days and one night we were in Toronto. If you are wanting to visit Chinatown, this is the place to be as right in the heart of Chinatown. Close to all the unique shops and restaurants as well. Close to all kinds of regular public transit as well.

Above Comments

Only the One Male staff. Was very difficult to deal with at checkin. I had requested when I did this booking that IT WOULD BE EARLY ARRIVAL. Bad attitude, poor customer service. I will never stay there again.

Bed was comfy

see above

The 1st room they had us in smelled like marajuana, they moved us to a room that used to be a smoking room that made my eyes, nose & throat burn with a massive headache. If that didn't keep me from sleeping then the lumpy mattress would have! I could see springs through that mattress. The breakfast room was too small, hot water came out of the same hole as coffee so you couldn't have a tea, and there was not much choice. Just a horrible experience

Absolutely nothing

Great stay until the air conditoner dripped on us!
    • Superior King Suite - Non-Smoking

The air conditioner over the bed dripped water on the pillow and we needed to change rooms at 11:00pm. The breakfast was not great and the evening staff person was not very personable.

The first room was lovely (except the dripping AC). The second room was not as nice. The day staff was very friendly and helpful. The location was great.

Nice location! Good food

Ground floor is bit dirty; but understandable because it is public area and nobody manages.

If you are okay with China Town aroma, it is a great place. Street car is right in front of the hotel. Nice Asia food selection around

Great, large room with seating area and dining table,...
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

The breakfast room is too small, not organized in an easy to follow order. Guests are constantly getting in each others way to get to breakfast items and plates etc.. Not enough seating.. Mattress protectors had large brown stains on them..

Great, large room with seating area and dining table, comfortable beds, central location. Friendly staff.

Convenient location in Toronto, let down by poor breakfast selection and facilities
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds

Poor breakfast (both selection available, facilities and space to eat it in), long waits for single lift - no stairs readily available

Room a good size

The hotel was appeared better than I expected so I recommend very much!

Very limited range of foods and beverages for breakfast repeatedly the same day after day (however it is possible to eat tasty breakfast full up not to be hungry during the day)

Very friendly and helpful staff, every problem solved immediately, large and spatial room, modern look of the room, nice view from window on Downtown and CN Tower, perfect localization - Downtown within "reach of a hand", streetcar stop directly to Union Station next "to the door", very nice neighborhood - China Town with lots of shops, restaurants and cheap souvenir stores; hotel has lots of maps, guides of Toronto and Ontario region. The hotel was appeared better than I expected so I recommend it very much!

Basic, with a great location but slow wi-fi and lower-end facilities.

The wi-fi was slow and intermittent. The AC was also intermittent. Something came up and we needed a couple of extra hours past normal checkout, for which they wanted another half-day rate. As a result we had to do a conference call in the noisy lobby.

Staff was attentive and efficient. Check-in was super fast and they got us in a little early. The location was great - right in the middle of Chinatown with many dining and shopping option nearby!

Worthy for the money and superb location
    • Superior King Suite - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was very basiic.

Staff was very attentive and nice, always with a smile and willing to help. They were very professional as well. The location was perfect and restaurants around are amazing! Room was really spacious with jacuzzi as well as ensuite bath. Vending machine and ice available in the reception area.

Perfect for Rogers Centre, Budweiser Stage events!

I've stayed at this location twice now and both times my window overlooked the mall and its escalator. Although the room was great, I felt the need to have my curtains closed at all times for privacy.

You cannot go wrong with the location and price! Banks, LCBO, restaurants, and public transit routes are all within walking distance.

It wasn't what I expected
    • Superior King Suite - Non-Smoking

My air conditioner poured on me while i was sleeping my roof was leaking my Jacuzzi jets didnt work spooky hallways (need more lights) Not many foods options around Service was slow

We booked for 209 and paid another 50 at the hotel , was not...

We booked for 209 and paid another 50 at the hotel , was not impressed by that Air conditioner did not work and therefore made the stay more uncomfortable

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

The room was huge and it had a very good connection of WiFi.

The breakfast room was a little small and you could not have a seat as soon as you were there. Furthermore, one of the days, someone left the door of our room open, but fortunately nothing was missing.

The room was huge and it had a very good connection of WiFi.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Super Hotel

Only problem with the shower. Worked ok but not great pressure and dripped down the wall whilst going.

Clean and bed was great. Breakfast also good and staff very helpful.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Location in the heart of Chinatown.
    • Queen Room - Disability Access

Blocked handbasin but was fixed. Definitely did not like the toilet seat which was not properly aligned and therefore wobbly. The use of disposable plates etc at breakfast.

Location in the heart of Chinatown. Friendly staff. Room was clean and the amenities were good.

Super 8 for Caribana

The elevator that brings you in and out of the building is very slow and has no ventilation so it can be hot.

It's a nice walking distance to various areas without being smack in the middle of all the craziness. Its my second time staying there its a good spot and a good value.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Nice and central to enjoy the city!

Couldn't get rooms too near each other despite asking for that at booking. Had to ask for a remote for the TV...but was given in about 30 mins.

Beds were comfortable...rooms were a nice size. Staff were friendly.Good for the price.

The room had everything we needed and was clean!

The room had everything we needed and was clean! Great to have a breakfast included in the price and enough choice to satisfy any appetite. Friendly staff and overall great value for money. The parking alone was a huge saving for downtown!

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Very Clean and convenient.

It’s a very well managed property. The check in was smooth and quick. The breakfast was included. The staff was courteous and helpful. We enjoyed our stay.

Nice, and quiet.

Nice, and quiet. Never heard any street noise, and hardly heard neighbors. House keeping crew was the kindest I have ever experienced. Great landing spot to see all the classic spots in Toronto. The streetcar on Spadina stops right out front of the hotel which pretty much connects you to everything.

Only fair. Location was the best part of our stay.
    • Queen Room - Disability Access

Stuffy, stale air in the room. Below par breakfast and too small breakfast room for # of guests. Wifi in room kept cutting out. Had to go to lobby to get a decent connection.

Very comfortable bed and clean room. Good central location.

The hotel has a difficult and complicated for entry .
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The hotel has a difficult and complicated for entry . The staff They were not friendly. The process was twice my account and I was dependent on that. They think that I did not see the receipt . The hotel is very bad

I didn't like the fact that within half hour of getting...
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

I didn't like the fact that within half hour of getting into our room and starting unpacking just to have to be moved to another room because the A/C wasn't working. Would have been nice to get some kind of compensation for our troubles since there was 4 of us in the room and very inconvenient. Free parking for the night would have made up for the hassle

It’s a walking distance from CN Tower district.

Rooms are not properly cleaned. The internet is slow and quite often does not work. Breakfast is the typical cheap American style.

It’s a walking distance from CN Tower district.

Great location, room is big, beds are comfortable and...

Great location, room is big, beds are comfortable and bathroom has a nice shower. Staff is really nice and helpful. Having underground parking with elevator access to the lobby and for a reasonable price is a +++++ in Toronto. I’ll definitely stay in this hotel again.

Perfect for overnite business stay & good location for access to city. Avoid if on romantic break
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast. Cleanliness of area outside hotel

Room was very clean & comfortable but nit luxuarious. Good air conditioning. No mirror in room,only in bathroom. Breakfast very poor quality. Area good for access to streetcars to city centre but area not very clean or inviting.

Centrally located.

Hard to find because so much visual clutter on building. Had to circle the block a few times to find it, hotel parking also hard to find.

Centrally located. Comfortable bed, spacious room. Quiet at night.

hours of breakfast .
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

knowing were to re enter at night would help. facing locked doors is unsettling. Carpet needs good washing. Breakfast table could use a few fresh fruits.

hours of breakfast .

Nice room, they need to fix the A/C and they need more...

The Hotel is good, but the area was located is horrible, you need to look carefully, cuz the Hotel is inside the little mall, and the parking is underground and you can't see the sign well, and is too expensive.

Nice room, they need to fix the A/C and they need more pressure of weather

adequate.

a/c stopped performing on second day , breakfast was very basic ...coffee was horrible. OJ was warm .

a/c on the first night was awesome , room was clean , spacious .

Do not stay here.

Worst hotel I have ever stayed in. Hotel is inside a shopping centre and smelt like fish. Lift was broken - had to walk up three flights of stairs with heavy bags. Room was not clean; human waste on walls of bathroom. Very unhygienic. Room was basic and charmless. More expensive than other hotels in Toronto. Total rip off.

Asked to leave early with refund of money, which was granted.

Eagles Chinatown and much more
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Buffet was slim on protein to start your day. A serving of boiled eggs or cheese would be nice.

The location was great. The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful.Our Deluxe Queen room was clean with comfortable beds and unexpectedly large. Chinatown outside your door and Kensingmarket a short walk away provides all your dining needs and is a cultural experience. We alao had a blast at Grossmans Tavern with the New Orleans style band of Sat. Try Saigon Bun ..food and service wonderful We went for the Eagles concert but enjoyed so much more Oh and the trolley stop is outside your hotel $3.25 gets you to Union Station .

Check out AirBNB first. You can get a much better place for a lot less.
    • Superior King Suite - Non-Smoking

Everything else - this place is dirty and smells bad. Our room also looked like it had just been renovated (some unpainted plaster on the ceiling) and our view from the window was right onto the stores of a shopping mall!

The location is good and it's close to public transportation. The parking isn't too expensive either (cheaper if you pay when checking out). The place was quiet and we had a lot to choose from in the included breakfast.

This hotel was in a good location although the rooms were...

This hotel was in a good location although the rooms were spacious the air conditioning didn’t work properly and left it very uncomfortable to sleep on warm nights

Super 8 Downtown Toronto

The 4 nights I was there, the main elevator did not work. The room had just been painted, the bathroom door was hard to open and close. The air conditioning barely cooled the room.

Centrally located in downtown GTA, walkable to CN Tower 30 minutes, AGO 15 minutes, U of T 20 minutes, bus station 20 minutes, train station 30 minutes, etc. Great dining everywhere.

Excellent location. Good value for money.

Breakfast could have more options. Rooms lacked natural light. The lifts wore old.

Walking distance to cn tower. Rooms are comfortable large and clean.

The bed was comfortable.
    • Queen Room - Disability Access

When we first walked into the bathroom, the toilet was dirty. The air conditioning in the room wasn't working properly and there was a heat wave outside. the breakfast room was way too small for everyone, people were eating out in the lobby. Would have been nice to have raisan bran cereal as a choice. Also the main elevator wasn't working and had to climb up and down 3 flights of stairs for 4 days.

The bed was comfortable. Room was large, bathroom was large. it was fairly close to downtown and you could take a street car easily.

You get what you pay for!

It's a Super 8...pretty says it all...just a place to sleep; no frills, no amenities, no view, and no customer service. Was making a last minute reservation and keyed in on "Wyndham" in the name; didn't connect the dots for "Super 8" until we arrived. Was not what we expected, but, as I said, a place to sleep for couple nights. Breakfast buffet was included, but if you looking for a healthy, tasty variety of foods go someplace else to eat.

The location was good for public transportation; the neighborhood vibrant.

Pleasantly surprised. Comfortable room.

The breakfast area really wasn't big enough for the amount of people. Had to queue for a table in the mornings but there was a reasonable choice for breakfast for the price. Good freshly made waffles but had to queue to make them.

We really weren't sure what to expect when we saw this hotel from the outside but we're pleasantly surprised by our room. Good size and comfortable. Good bathroom.

Wish it had been cleaner!

Not a clean room at all.... dirty floor and bathtub.... son was coughing hard all night, wife pulled the air conditioner filter in the morning and it easily had 3cm of caked dust and hair on it. Very apparent that it had never been changed!

Located right by a streetcar stop... Very easy to leave the room and be downtown in 10min.

Spend a bit more and go elsewhere.

The reception area/building overall gave the impression of unkempt. The room itself was fairly clean, but the very tiny fridge was dirty inside. The A/C was not very good, so we requested a box fan. Had to put the ironing board in front of the A/C unit and then place the box fan on it just to get enough air moving across the bed to be able to sleep without sweating. The elevator to the rooms was out of order so we had to carry all if our heavy bags up and down the stairs. As a plus however, they did waive the $19 parking fee for that. There was a free continental breakfast....but we didn't get it, because the area was small and it appeared that every guest decided to get something at the same time. All in all, we paid $248 Canadian for a room that would have gone for about $79 in the U.S. For about $20 more for a room, we could have stayed in a much nicer room elsewhere in Toronto.

The bed was comfy and the bathroom was decent.

Great stay except elevator

The hotel interior is really lovely & our room was huge & very well decorated. The bed was very comfortable & extra large. There was a fridge, microwave, coffee maker & digital radio. Good laundry facilities. The hotel is on the 3rd floor above a shopping centre which is no big deal in itself. The main problem is access. There is an elevator which takes you to the hotel lobby however this broke down on our first day & was not repaired the whole time we were there, 4 days. I found this unacceptable as the alternative was walking up 3 flights of back stairs while the fire door at the bottom was wedged open to allow residents access. One night the fire alarm was activated by a non resident in the stairwell. Proper access is important. The last thing you want to be doing after a long day in 90+ heat & walking miles is having to trudge up 3 floors. We saw elderly people & a young woman with a baby struggling also. Elevator companies are on call 24 hours a day so I can only imagine the reason for the delay is cost. It marred an otherwise good hotel stay.

Great room.

• Queen Room

They didn't or rather couldn't provide fried/boiled eggs. Made the breakfast boring

I loved the location. It was central to everywhere we needed to get to. Didn't need to do a city tour at the end of the day 😁

A good central hotel option with reasonable rates.
    • Queen Room - Disability Access

A good hotel for the cost. Centrally located. Lots of interesting spots, restaurants, and coffee shops nearby. Walking distance to CN Tower and Rogers Centre.

Bed was ok they didn’t tell me that they took deposit and it...

Yeah not tell me that they will charge me deposit and my card is on file already

Bed was ok they didn’t tell me that they took deposit and it will be couple of days before they will deposit it back to my to card I wonder why they charge me too much if I didn’t call I didn’t know

Browse Super 8 by Wyndham Downtown Toronto traveller photo gallery