Reviews of Super 8 by Wyndham Peterborough 3 stars

1257 Lansdowne St West, K9J 7M2 Peterborough, Canada

#5 of 16 hotels in Peterborough

• Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

I didn't like that the pool hours were limited. I went for an early morning swim only to be told that the pool didn't open until 7:00am.

I liked how comfortable my bed was, how clean the room was. The breakfast was great and the staff was very calm and friendly.

The hotel is dated and a bit run down. The paint in our room was peeling and the walls and doors were scuffed up. The beds were uncomfortable. The room had an overpowering smell of air "freshener".

Not much to like. It was a hotel and it did have the things listed on the website. It's on the main road through Peterborough.

The bed and pillows were very good. The food was excellent. The dog friendly room was very clean. Very convenient place for the dog to go outside. The pool was clean, and shallow for family fun. Check in and check out was very professional and quick. When doing business again in the area, we will definitely stay again.

no problem will be back again if ever in that area.

the extreme friendliness and helpfulness of the staffthe wonderful selection and quality of the breakfast

How AC wind kept dropping right over your body in bed...just not a fan of a direct wind on body.

Room was large and well lit. Staff was really helpful. Breakfast was great.

The walls/floors are paper thin. We could hear other guests using the bathroom on the floor above us. Not the flushing of the toilet but the gentleman using the toilet. We mentioned this to staff on checkout and they acknowledged...."yes we are aware of the problem....sorry" As seasoned travelers we would not stay at this property again.

• Superior King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Pull out couch was awefull and very uncomfortable. Could have used an extra confer chair to sit in. No bath tub.

Breakfast was well done and very good.

I have visited Peterborough a few times for work purposes and have picked different places each time trying to find my ideal place and now I’ve found it. The room was very clean and set up sensibly. The bed was very comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful. I didn’t try the breakfast but will the next time!

• Deluxe King - Non- Smoking

The breakfast is good and fresh but it is missing something. A fresh or homemade touch from a local bakery or something specific to the area of Peterborough would be nice.

The staff are very responsive and friendly. And the pool and hot tub are always a treat with this hotel

As a huge chain..please excersise your BUYING power by demanding PLA. (Poly lactic acid)(corn based bio plastics) when absolutely necessary...or going stainless -cutlery and food displays for public presentation. ZERO WASTE will reflect your INNOVATION. It’s just Time....

Too much plastic , room was hot and unwelcoming to singles. Eggs under plastic..display .could not eat. (Toxic) Please switch to stainless Presentation and use less one use plastICK.

There were some guests that were intoxicated (outside your control) checking in. The front desk staff handled them very well

The room was spotless. The housekeeping staff was very polite and kind. The breakfast choice and quality was excellent.

• King Room with Two King Beds - Non-Smoking

the power went out for 2 hours because of a storm,no one to falt there just a little inconventiont. I would stay again.

staff,the room and the service.

The man who works the breakfast needs to leave people alone. He is over the top. It’s early morning and he is full of questions for people. Too nosey and too involved. Often asked if help was needed but didn’t wait for an answer just went straight ahead and did it for us. Very annoying. Good breakfast food though!

Always clean and comfortable.....great place to stay

In the bathroom, there is no place to hang towels that you are going to use the next day. Also, we had a problem finding the weather channel on the tv; fortunately, the staff helped us out.

I Would not recommend walking in this neighbourhood as it is so busy! The biggest plus of this hotel was its staff. Everyone was extremely helpful and pleasant. Please compliment them for us. They were in every respect excellent.

The pool was closed one of the days, the carpet makes the rooms very stuffy and dusty, the air units were very loud and not very efficient. I didn't like that I had to be charged a $200 deposit because I used a debit card (I don't own a credit card).

The location.

• Superior King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

There were a lot of makes on the walls, they could use a good cleaning or even a little paint. We arrived a little early. But the front desk did not offer anything while we waited.

I liked the size of the room. Bathroom was clean. The kids enjoyed them selves swimming.

• King Room with Two King Beds - Non-Smoking

The gentleman checking me in was very customer focused and provided a great check in experience. He remembered my daughter the next day asking how she did in her dance competition. It showed he actually had interest in your clientelle and wasn’t just doing his job. These little things are what make the difference.

Beds were a too hard.

Great welcome package for the dog I was travelling with was a great touch... he is a service dog. The local info was helpful. Room was a great size and appreciated the fridge etc as we stayed in for meals.

I have nothing negative to say about your hotel.

I was visiting Peterborough for surgery. I asked for a quiet room and was accommodated. The room was facing the back of the hotel and was exceptionally quiet. This was our first experience staying at a Super 8 hotel and we will definitely stay with you again. The room was lovely and had everything we needed. Thank you I

We had ants in our bathroom, we were out late came back around 11:30pm to find little ants in the bathroom went to the front desk they did send someone to spray right away, found the spray left an odour and woke up to still have ants in there

Staff friendly and helpful

Everything was amazing! The breakfast, the staff, the pool...everything! They even gave the kids easter baskets on Easter sunday. Great stay:) Will be back again.

Well from booking.com I was given the opportunity to select some request options such as what floor or location to the pool I’d like however upon check in we were informed that the option I chose was fully booked. I was very disappointed especially after a long drive and with us being the only car in the parking lot at check in. They did not even attempt to accommodate us or apologize for the inconvenience. Then they told us our assigned room would be close to the elevator but it was not. Very disappointing.

We spent a lot of time in the pool during our stay. Also the breakfast variety was good. I do love a good waffle bar!

• King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Room in floor above us was awake and noisy till about 4 a.m.

Staff were extraordinarily helpful. The gentleman working in the breakfast room was an positive ambassador for your facility. Chairs provided in the room were less than comfortable

• Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Pool closed due to party and a child being sick. Breakfast as a joke, 10 Charles for 150 guests. And police presence at night, didn’t give a warm and cozy atmosphere

Bunk beds- great idea.

• Premier King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

One of our group got locked out of their room and off-site assistance was required to gaim access. Scary considering a kid could have been locked in or alone or their could have been an emergency. There should be a master access for such situations.

The rooms were large and we able to gather as a team i the common area for social time

Everything was clean and staff is always welcoming! The front desk staff was so helpful and there were always super friendly and fast. I loved the craft table for kids and of course the pool was great. The rooms are always very clean. The staff is very friendly and the breakfast cook was very kind and hospitable! I love going to Super 8 and it is so easy to take my kids and have a worry free family holiday. It is a reflection of the warm and relaxed atmosphere in Peterborough. Just like going home. Thanks again!

The staff was very friendly. The hotel was clean. Great location. I Would recommend this hotel. The added breakfast was a bonus, especially traveling with children.

The toilet was plugged .

Pretty location on top of the hill. Convenient to stores . The breakfast buffet had many selections , I’ve been to many hotels with breakfast included and your hotel was the best for variety . The young man working the breakfast was very polite and friendly . He collected the dishes when we were done and always made sure there was enough food out . The pool and hot tub were very nice.

• Deluxe King - Non- Smoking

We come here every family day so the kids can swim and we can relax. Awesome place. We had the king room with the jaccuzi tub and the kids loved it! Breakfast is fantastic and my kids loved making their own fresh waffles. The staff is super helpful. Only downside was at midnight when the couple in the room beside us was very noisy for about 10 minutes...😂 woke me buy nobody else. I guess you can't really help those kinds of things when staying in any hotel. We will.be back next year for sure...

Remote control for T.V. was a little frustrating and suggested they replace the batteries.

I was having surgery and requested a quiet room which they provided. Everything was clean, good bed, well adorn room. Have already booked for my next visit.

When paying cash, they take deposit on credit card, which is fine. Until the next day when you ask them to put deposit back on and are told we don't do that, I will be returned in the next few days. That being the case let the customer know or do what most hotels do, just take a copy of card. Al

All was good. Hockey teams were in, still pretty quiet.

The snow plough was right there after the storm to clean out the parking lot. The breakfast was more than expected. Lots to choose from. The front clerk was great with directions so we could find out way around the city. Even gave us coupons for a local casino.

The bed wasn't super comfortable but for one night it was good.

We unexpectedly arrived an hour early and had no problem checking in! The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The breakfast was good and even though it was very busy the gentleman always made sure the food never ran out! Nice touch to have eggs. Also got a personal message from the manager Ken with a little surprise that the kids enjoyed very much.

• Superior King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

I had to switch rooms due to some sort of bug that decided to nest in air conditioning. Then come out while I was there .

Staff are truly knowledgable and friendly

• Deluxe King - Non- Smoking

Friendly staff,cleanliness and great maintenance with all facilities provided.Room servicing is worth kudos and appreciation.Breakfast is exceptional with an amazing team of reception desk to make sure we have a great stay.Deserves a ten star rating :)

• King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Shower curtain arc needs to be smaller the curtain easily moves outside the shower wall creating a mess on the floor which makes the consumption of the towels go up other than that nothing!

The staff has been very friendly, Jake has been very engaging he takes great care for the travellers through the hotel. From the start of contact with him he always addressed us by our first name, making sure we had everything.

My 50$ reserved amount is still not returned to my account till up to date (November, 26, 2017), though I have checked out on November, 14, 2017. And there is no any contact email address on the hotel's website.

The bed is very good, pillows are comfortable.

• Premier King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Too much noise. People on our floor were loud Not informed of parties using pool. Kids from part not respectful and jumping in pool almost in top of others

Good spacious rooms

The lady who works during the day at the reception need to improve on her interpersonal relationship She is always frowning and does not help to resolve issues but Megan is way way helpful and better

Breakfast and the guy who served us during the week he is a fantastic guy and good cook The teenager who served weekend needs to improve on behavior

The staff were welcoming. The guy in the breakfast room takes pride in his work and the area is always clean, the items are fresh and he goes out of his way to make sure you're enjoying your breakfast.

• Deluxe King - Non- Smoking

Nothing I can think of. I would suggest you have grab bars installed in the bath/shower for safety for us seniors.

The room was clean and spacious. The bed very comfortable. The staff were very accommodating and friendly. We didn't like the first room assigned to us (spa tub in the room), and the staff very quickly assigned another one for us.

There isn't anything I didn't like. I would like to make a suggestion however. As a senior I need to be very careful getting in and out of the shower. It would be very nice if you installed a grab bar in the shower to provide stability for people of my age.

The breakfast bar was excellent; lots of choices. The staff were very friendly and helpful. This was my first visit there and would definitely return if I visit Peterborough again.

My son and I stayed two nights at the hotel. The room was very clean, bright, and comfortable. Lovely breakfast was included in the price. Super fast WiFi.

I'm pretty sure the egg (egg mixture) you use contains wheat or flour to "fluff" them, as I was very ill within an hour of eating them. I have a wheat allergy and would like to be warned.

Both staff members at the desk, at arrival and check-out were super friendly and helpful. Service staff we encountered in the hall, equally friendly. Well done!

Staff was friendly. Bed was comfy. They were very accommodating for my dog. They gave her a goodie bag with all necessities which was very helpful since I forgot poop bags.

breakfast/eating area... poor quality... messy... very little selection... not inviting... have stayed in other Super 8's which offered much better... not sure of your rating with just emojis... would rate it closer to 5

the pool and hot tub

• Premier King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Honestly, they did everything right this time around so there was nothing I wasn't happy with.

Staff was amazing. Very friendly and accommodating. The rooms were very clean. The king bed was SO comfortable. we stayed in a pet friendly room and you never would have guessed it. Our dog came with us and they provided a 'doggy bag' her her. Overall a wonderful experience.

• Premier King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Would have been great if there had been a coffee table in the sitting area.

bed was super comfortable and breakfast was wonderful. Especially the young gentleman that took care of it all, he made you feel so very welcome and couldn't do enough for us.

Tremendous amount of unsupervised young children crashing the pool at 9pm ... TV wasn't in HD ... elevator slow

Convenience, cleanliness, friendly staff

• King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

The scrambled eggs were watery and there was no bacon. I did not see a sugar free syrup for the pancakes. I am diabetic so did not make any. The other breakfast choices were ok.

We were pleased with all but thought the breakfast could be better. We liked it so much I just a few minutes ago booked for the next two nights but the daily rate was not as good as our last visit but we still booked because we enjoyed our first stay

Nothing, liked it all.

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The room was very clean, the beds were comfortable and the pillows were fluffy. As we were leaving we observed the cleaning staff pulling the mattress off the bed to clean the bed. The internet rocked with fast connections and great bandwidth. The breakfast was great, with a staff member making sure everything was filled up, the tables were clean and offering advice where needed. one of the best breakfastes we had on our trip.

We stayed at a super 8 in Kelowna, BC the night before that was 30 dollars more night, and a fraction of the hotel. Staff was friendly at each location but the room itself was much newer, cleaner, fresher, had a king size bed, and Jacuzzi for much less per night.

Breakfast was good, but something about the layout caused a bit of chaos when busy - especially coffee / tea area; could be expanded to allow people to prepare their coffee without holding up all others.

Hotel was surprisingly nicer than our expectations. Rooms were large, clean and well equipped - beds were very comfortable.

the walls are thin and you could hear everyone around you. we were woke up both mornings by people in rooms around us above and below. we were on 3 floor.

Desk very good as we arrived late. Room clean and efficient. Bed comfy. Breakfast good. It was a larger and better Super 8 than usual. Location easy to find.

The check-out time was at 11 am. I thought that was a little too early, but the staff mentioned we could always choose a later check-out time if we would have liked.

Staff are very friendly and accommodating. The room was clean and tidy and ready upon arrival. Pool facilities were clean, shower was nice, the deck was kept tidy, lots of towels readily available. There were plenty of things to do around the facility as well.

Staff were friendly, genuinely helpful, and accommodating in our needs. The continental breakfast was by far one of the best that I've had. The bed was very comfortable and the room was spotless. Also, the front desk staff were of great assistance in giving us directions to local attractions. Overall, one of the best Super 8 hotels that I've stayed at. Two thumbs up!

• Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

There was nothing i was un happy with

The staff was very welcominging and helpful the chef was amazong and so nice making sure everyone was ok and had theirs food. It was a fun vacation away with the kids, thanx to the comfort of the hotel.

The bed did have some hairs in it which made me sleep between the top sheet and the comforter. I mentioned it to the front desk in the morning and they said there is a lot of static and that their washing machines and dryers can't collect all the hair. Not sure I believe that.

The room that was booked via Booking.com wasn't available when I got there but the front desk person gave me a complimentary upgrade to a room with a jaccuzi. The bed was comfortable.

• Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Beds are very hard and the toilet paper was hard enough to use as a note pad!

Amazing staff; Nice clean rooms; Decent pool; Decent breakfast including real eggs

No bacon or meat on breakfast choices and breakfast room was hot. Wanted to stay longer.

Staff was so friendly and helpful. Room was clean and well stocked. Great location walking distance to restaurant and store. Gave us coupon for local restaurant. Wifi was easily accessible. Breakfast was included.

Loved it all

I loved staying at this hotel...have travelled across North America and found some Super 8 to be run down but this one was exceptional and would not hesitate to come back again

Maybe some bacon or sausage with the breakfast but on the whole the breakfast was healthy and lots to chose from.

The room was just what we wanted :) It was on the ground floor giving us easy access to the grassed areas outside to toilet and walk our dog. They also gave Winston (our dog) a goodie bag! Our stay there was very pleasant all round.

We were booked into the first floor which is ground level and our room faced the parking lot. Unless we kept the curtains completely closed there was no privacy. The curtains are heavy and thick to keep out the light (helpful for sleeping!) but there were no sheer/lighter ones that could be pulled for privacy but still let light into the room to brighten the areas that the room lighting wasn't available or didn't light well.

The staff were absolutely the best: friendly, professional, helpful with questions and suggestions. I would highly recommend to others to stay here. The location is also conveniently located by restaurants, stores etc. The breakfast as also very satisfactory.

Our room scent was very strong and caused a headache Up stairs neighbors were ridiculously loud.

The Staff was lovely! Pool was perfect and clean. Awesome breakfast!! Very friendly warm environment!

BUT, THE BEDS were dreadful. Spent a most uncomfortable night, 2nd night with little sleep....then on 3rd night (as we had to extend out stay) ....the desk & housekeeping staff were helpful to find us a room with a better bed with some support. THEY REALLY NEED TO BUY ALL NEW BEDS !! I would GO there again, as we do visit Peterborough 2x year to see family, but would check the bed FIRST before deciding to stay. {written by the wife}

Super 8 Peterborough was good hotel for the money; clean , friendly staff and the breakfast was REALLY good. It was not just continental as advertised, but had lots of choices like waffles to make, yogurt, cereals, juices & fresh fruits....always being replenished. Pool area is nice but was very busy with groups on the weekends. NOTE:.. no non-slip mat for tub-- so seniors beware !! throw a small towel in bottom of tub, when showering, to stand on so you DO NOT slip or fall.

Nothing I really disliked but have had a bit better for that money.

Breakfast was fine in spite of a big water leak over the juice dispenser from the ceiling. Things like that happen and I understand that.

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

• King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

Really, nothing. This place was great

The Manger upgraded us to a suite, nice surprise. Very importantly they are pet friendly and dotted over our Great Dane.

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

• King Room with Two King Beds - Non-Smoking

We come here every family day for a night just so the kids can swim and have fun while we relax in the hot tub. We're never disappointed. We love the later checkout time so the kids could swim all morning before going home. Good breakfast too.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

• Premier King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The pull out couch was worn out and impossible to sleep on. The room was very small and cramped in every area for a King Suite.

The staff was courteous and the pool and hot tub were good.

• Deluxe King - Non- Smoking

Maybe some popcorn or cookies in the breakfast room for hungry kids between meals.

Comfortable bed, excellent breakfast selection. We are used to staying in Hampton Inns and this was just as good. Quiet nights. There were lots of hockey players and families there but everyone polite and well mannered. Quick check in and check out.

• Reviewed: 9 February 2017

Bed was hard Bathroom counter creaked badly Could hear all kinds of noises Not very sound proof at all TVs are old and picture very fuzzy

Close to hospital

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

• King Room - Disability Access - Non-Smoking

bed, pillows and duvet were perfect weight and comfort for me Had a wonderful sleep. Young hockey tournament players were everywhere, usually running, playing tag etc.Desk agent gave us a list of house rules in case we had to call them for unruliness, but they were happy, well supervised. Liked that preventive attitude.

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

• Premier King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

There was a crusty face cloth hanging off the shower curtain that must have gotten missed by the cleaning staff. I also didn't trust that the carpets were all that clean - carpets always gross me out.

The room was perfect for our family, we were very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

• Premier King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Maybe bacon or sausage with the eggs for the breakfast would be nice. But the waffle iron was a good touch.

Huge room for a very great price! Friendly staff. Quiet and easy to sleep in.

Browse Super 8 by Wyndham Peterborough traveller photo gallery