Reviews of Quality Hotel Burlington 3 stars

950 Walkers Line, L7N 2G2 Burlington, Canada

#9 of 14 hotels in Burlington

I liked the location of the property.

I liked the location of the property. I felt very safe. The beds and pillows were very comfortable. I saw maid service everyday. The breakfast has a good variety of foods everyday. It has an indoor pool, but I did not check it out.

My booking stated the total price I should have to pay.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

My booking stated the total price I should have to pay. However the hotel staff insists that the tax was not included in the Booking.com total price. In the end I paid the extra tax.

It fit the bill
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

We would not select this hotel if we planned a visit where we were going to spend a lot of time on site (e.g. down-time during an extended stay) Still, hotel room was great and there is a good restaurant on site.

Hotel offers great value for money and it has a convenient location to use as a ‘jump-off’ point to access various locations in the region (e.g. Oakville, Burlington, Hamilton). We have stayed at this location on several occasions e.g. attending a golf tournament, volleyball tournament and while en-route to a weekend in the Niagara wine region. It is close to many amenities, including restaurants, shopping malls, etc., which come in very handy.

Clean, quiet and affordable.

Seeing I’m used to a firm bed, the bed was a little too soft for me.

Everything was great and the staff very pleasant. The breakfast bar was very good and there was lotsof varieties to choose from.

Staff was great beds were comfy great place

I just wish the sauna was hot as my son and I had about 20 minutes before for we had to leave. Had it been hot we could have used it.

The staff was awesome right from the time we walked in the front door. The breakfast was really good.

This is a great budget family hotel!

This is a great budget family hotel! The staff was great, we had to leave early for a dance comp, and they opened up breakfast for our daughter so she could have some toast before we headed out! I would stay here again!

Everything was good and the have a great breakfast at this...
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Nothing we didn't like about this motel and that is why we stayed here before on our last trip to Ontario.

Everything was good and the have a great breakfast at this location. We have stayed here before and would recommend this motel as a very clean and friendly place to stay. It is located just off the 403 and very easy to get to comming from Toronto.

over all happy with the valve we got for the money, just wished our room was cleaner apond arrival.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

no ramp at back door for luggage, are room was not completely clean, found an open bag of chips beside our bed & a Kleenex shredded near the same spot, also when I came back a night to park there was liquor bottle in one of the few spots that was left.

breakfast was good, lots of counter space in room & bathroom, bonus having both fridge & microwave ! For an older hotel we didn't smell that old smell that you sometimes smell.

• Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Great location. Friendly and helpful staff Specially Matt and the pretty girl who was working the night shift, she is a such great front desk hostess, smile greeting her guest with professional demeanor and fun ...

Overall it was okay

The bath tub was gross, big spot of rust. The drain didn’t drain well at all. Also the fridge was waaayyy too cold it was freezing everything I put in it. Tried to turn it down but couldn’t figure out how.

i would come again
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

the only thing that was not up to the standard- the stairs from the lobby to the second floor needed to be vacuumed.

the bed was excellent, the whole room was nice and comfy.

Would NOT recommend to family, friends, or foes.

-Breakfast was NOT stocked well. There was still 2 hours remaining when I went and there was a pathetic selection available. -Pictures are catfish, the hotel and lobby area is dated, and small. Renos are needed for sure. -Parking lot is full of potholes and cracks, extends the fact that the property is not well maintained. -WIFI does not work, my Macbook Pro barely got 1 bar in our room, needless to say I used my iPhone HotSpot and used my own data.

Beds were ok, room had a funky smell to it.

Great place to stay!
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Nothing really bad to say. Maybe a hot tub in the future?

Close to our planned outing. Having Jake's beside the hotel was awesome. The staff were fantastic.

Good hotel for short stay.

Rooms are very tiny and the bed is way too soft. The pillows were also not comfy and looked all crumbly. They could use new pillows for sure. Over the weekend they have lots of traveling sports teams of children who are extremely loud running up and down the hallways.

Staff was very helpful and responded fast to one of the issues I encountered. When we first go there we were put in a room on the fourth floor which was great as high floor was one of our requests. However, the room smelled like cigarettes and the pillowcases were dirty. We called the front desk to complain about the smell of cigarettes in our room and (I believe the manager) Danielle came upstairs right away to take a look. She agreed that the room smelled and she had us moved to a different room, but not before checking it herself to make sure the room was tidy and had no issues. Danielle did a fantastic job at addressing our issue.

Great location, clean and comfortable as well!
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The hot breakfast was cold! The eggs sausage and potatoes were cold. I told the young lady who was looking after the room and she turned the warmers up so maybe later it was warmer! Everything else was superb!

The room was lovely and the bed extremely comfortable!

Great stay. Will return. Best breakfast of any hotel so far.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Check-in staff. Heater fan blowing constantly - either "on" with fan or "off"!

Excellent coffee. Comfy bed and room. Nice bathroom.

The location is really good, we got a little welcome gift...
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

This hotel is a little tired, it could use some love. Rooms are small so if you are travelling with a lot of gear or looking at a long term stay -- this is a basic hotel room.

The location is really good, we got a little welcome gift which was a pleasant surprise. Staff was very welcoming, room was clean and bed comfortable.

They location is good, right off the highway.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The heating and cooling in the room was very poor. You can't set a temperature. When the heat was on, the room would get very warm. But when it was off, there was a very cold draft. So the room was rarely comfortable, always either too hot or too cold. The hotel also allows pets, so on our first night a dog in a room nearby was howling for hours since the owners clearly left it alone. The hotel didn't even know a guest brought their dog, so enforcement/control is poor. Hotels should not allow pets due to allergies and inconvenience to the rest of their guests.

They location is good, right off the highway. Breakfast is decent, all the standard stuff. Staff was friendly?

The service agent at the desk gave us a better deal than...

Unfortunately there was a powder outage in the area so we couldn’t enjoy the hot breakfast. Luckily I had my cell phone so I used the flashlight to get down the stairwells as there were no emergency lights in there.

The service agent at the desk gave us a better deal than Booking.com. Thank you for that!

Great value hotel
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The time of check out is early

Great value compared with the facilities and location Staff was friendly and kind Breakfast was within the expectation

Beds were comfy and rooms were clean.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

There was a repairman fixing the door right next to ours at 9am. Fortunately we were up by then but I would have been really grumpy if we were trying to sleep in and were woken up by the sounds of power tools.

Beds were comfy and rooms were clean. The pool was nice. Breakfast had a good selection. Staff were friendly.

It serves its purpose. I would stay somewhere else next time
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Iron was broken, leaked all over my shirt. They brought a new one to my room (very quick service) and I caught fire and was smoking.... they need upgrades. Heater (wall heater) took me forever to get it working. It's a very outdated facility

Front desk staff was fantastic!

Good hotel for busiest travellers, great location
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The breakfast is average really.

For a quality inn it's nice. The rooms are newly fitted out and nice. The hotel generally looks in good new condition.

Good location and adequate room.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The halls, stairs and elevator, however, were not cleaned during our entire stay. Very noisy Saturday night due to girls hockey team slamming doors and being loud in the hall.

The room was adequate and the shower was well designed. Front desk staff were excellent.

i end earl my staying in the hotel because it wasn't clean and i find bug in my room

everything wasn't presentable... the front has a very weird small

we find a budg in my room bathroom, we request i crib and they said they didn't have... i didn't try to eat there just because i didn't feel that the hotel was well clean...

Rooms and pool were a little small, no hot tub, but...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There were young people in 3 or 4 of the rooms in our hallway who were very loud, and crude in the hallway at night. They were constantly in and out of their rooms allowing doors to slam. This made it difficult for my children to fall asleep and for us to stay asleep when they were back at 4am making noise again. I complained the first night, it only helped a little. They continued on the second night. A colleague of mine complained several times the second night and yet the noise continued.

Rooms and pool were a little small, no hot tub, but everything was very clean and comfortable. Staff were friendly but did not enforce quiet hours at night making it difficult to relax and sleep.

staff were very friendly and helpful
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

the first night we stayed in a handicapped rooom intended for people in wheel chairs...............the second and third nights the room was much better. The room air conditioner is old and the bathroom facilities could do with an upgrade

staff were very friendly and helpful

It was convenient and the room was comfy.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Grunge/mold in the bathroom. Dirty carpets and stairs; poor air circulation/smelly in the stairways. Stupid speed bumps all over the parking lot - one or two serve a good purpose, but there were a bunch and they are punishing!

The bed was good, the staff were friendly and relaxed. The location worked for our visit. Good breakfast in the lobby.

Liked the central location, and Excellent customer service
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Very offened that the bed linens were soiled and body hair of previous guest was found in covering and other places. Obviously, not changed

Customer service was excellent, slept comfortable, easy access to the HWY Appreciated the salted and shallow pool.

The place was good enough to crash for two nights.................it is just a bloody ordinary motel

We have tried the coffee,eggs and waffles in the past..................disgusting!!!!!

All that was eatable was the fresh fruit and cereal/milk slim pickings!!! The breakfast is tossed in and it cost nothing and you get what you pay for............that says it all

Okay...
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The sitting arrangements in the main lobby are far from adequate for a large crowd on Sunday morning Aug. 13. More tables could be set up on the terrace... a larger sitting area IS REQUIRED AND IMPORTANT. ... It did not make sense that a small table was set-up with cream,sugar etc... in the sitting area but no coffee or tea pots. There was a large line up around 9 h 30 till 10 h 00 for the breakfast food display. Food was good ... plentiful and well presented... IN NOT ENOUGH SPACE... MOSTLY FOR THE TOASTS AND WAFFLES THAT TAKE TIME to cook!!!! The bed was too high and a little too soft... but it is the fashion!!!! Bathroom small ... The door could not opened completely because the bathtub is in the way!!! one would have to squeeze in ... if 200 lbs! Room 124

Parking was very good - Handicap parking was just in front of the Entrance and the 2 spots were empty. Oh... something difficult to explain... When one comes from St. Catherine... off the QEW... one turns right... Because of the road work, it is a little difficult to figure out where to go... The entrance walls to Q.I. ... (the one to the left) facing the driver is EXIT... we ended up into the next street to the right and in the Ford parking lot????

Great stay on our mini-vacay!
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Freezing when we entered, but we just turned off the air conditioning and it was fine from then on.

Our stay was very nice. Breakfast was great. Staff was friendly.

Staff were polite and professional
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Carpet in room was filthy. Bottoms of my feet were black and full of carpet lint after walking around room for an hour unpacking, etc. Carpets in halls in basement also needed a good shampooing. Room had terrific smoke odor - even though listed as a nonsmoking room.

Staff were polite and professional

Everything was good.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

I didn't notice a wheel chair accessible ramp. I don't personally need it but should be a little more accessible from the front if there is one.

Everything was good. The room was a little cold when we got there but other than that we were happy

Too costly for THE faciliries.

We were told, when we made the arrangement by phone, that a cot was waiting for us, when we arrived at THE hotel were told that no cot was available because of fire regulation. Our 13 year old had to sleep on THE Floor ! THE cost for a one night stay was too high, THE breakfast corner was too small. THE room was not pleasant( half in THE basement). I Will NOT stay at this hotel again. H.v.

Close to venue we were attending
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Configuration of breakfast serving area ..too congested Bed duvet was worn out and had a few marks on it Room fairly small Had booked two rooms side by side 3 months early, but still given rooms on different floors; challenging with children

Close to venue we were attending

WILL NEVER RECOMMEND ANYBODY TO GO TO THAT LOCATION
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was so dirty and smelly..poor management for cleanliness. The cleaners do nothing. Staff unfriendly in comparison with other places we went to.

Breakfast not too bad

The building was too old, I payed $130 per night for 2...
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The building was too old, I payed $130 per night for 2 nights; however, I could have a cleaner room for that price in another hotel. The breakfast staff did have uniforms: the lady had jeans and t-shirt on.

The stay was excellent, but the credit card issue would be a deterrent in the future
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

I was in the basement so the view wasn't great understandingly so. When I booked before my credit card wasn't charged until I had been there, this time it was at the time of booking so I would not book ahead again and just take a chance there would be a room available. Also there was was no refund due to cancellation. If an emergency came up I would lose the entire amount, so that is unacceptable

The bed was very comfortable, the breakfast was great, something for everyone from light to heavy meal.

The room was comfortable very good space, and location was...
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The room was comfortable very good space, and location was close to downtown burlington for the sound of music festival. And bed was very comfortable and love the shower of the water pressure was just perfect.

Room and bed was comfortable enough.

Nothing interesting nearby - you need to drive. Price is a bit high.

Room and bed was comfortable enough. Tea maker is plus. Stuff was friendly. Free parking lot.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Our stay was good.

When I called the hotel, the receptionist left me on hold for 20 minutes and I hung up and called back. When I asked her if she forgot that I was on hold, she said that I wasn't on hold, and I said that I was on hold for 20 minutes listening to the motel features for the past 20 minutes. She apologized. I am sorry but that should not have happened. How do you forget someone on hold, is that not part of the job.

The room was fine, and the bed and pillows were really comfy.

location to our tournament event

there seemed to be a smoke smell in the room the beds in my opinion were not queen size ... I have a queen size at home and its bigger

location to our tournament event

Good for the money, handy location

A bit noisy near stairs and ice machine with guests up late. Gym was minimal and the only treadmill was broken. no weights. Pool was OK

Nice location, clean and comfortable fair price.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

We will not be back!!!
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The room was small,the a/c unit was unbearably noisy,got very little sleep,Grout in bathroom is dirty,sinktop was dirty.tv was tiny and no h.d..Bathroom in main lobby was dirty.

front desk staff were excellent,bed was comfortable

good but noisy till late at night

we had to call down twice because of the noise and nothing was done about it not impressed at all trying to sleep with kids running up and down the halls screaming and fighting till 11:30pm

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

Nice overnight in beautiful Burlington

We found there to be too much plastic waste at breakfast. Would prefer dishes, cutlery, mugs, glassware, etc. instead of single use that goes into garbage.

Comfy bed, spacious shower, nice pool

Great stay, sub-par breakfast
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Wasn't a fan of the breakfast. The eggs did not taste good and there was no waffle mix by the time we went for breakfast. This was the only disappointing part of the experience though.

The bed was very comfortable and check-in/check-out was seamless.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

The pool, and breakfast was excellent along with the...

The TV did not work even though we called to have it repaired, they never came to fix the issue, the breakfast area was not large enough for the amount of guest staying at the hotel, and the parking was poor.

The pool, and breakfast was excellent along with the location of the hotel.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

Great hotel for the $
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

This past weekend had girls hockey tournament and hotel was packed and girls were running around and noisy with banging. No fault of hotel however parents need to remind their kids that they are not home and to respect others needs to sleep during the night.

Shallow pool perfect for kids.....wish there was hot tub but the sauna is nice.

Great Fexibility!

Why serve dinner style potatoes for a morning breakfast? It's just not common sense!

Front desk staff awesome, helpful and flexible. My mate was kicked off her flight with a load of other passengers and she arrived the day after instead, but staff was able to shift my booking a day, last minute, and 'save our trip' a lot of grief! thank you!

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

Christmas Comfort

Pillows are awful.

Have stayed here twice a year for at least 5 years straight. The staff is always helpful, professional & upbeat. Rooms are comfortable & the free breakfast surprisingly good! Being greeted by Matt at the desk has become a Christmas tradition for my family.

• Reviewed: 25 December 2016

Friendly staff and good service = a pleasant stay.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

I would like a nightlight in the bathroom. I do not like plastic or paper cups as much as glass or ceramic mugs for drinking glasses and coffee

Nice to have a breakfast area provided. The freshly made waffles were excellent!

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

A delightful stay. I will definitely stay there again. THANKS

There is a restaurant directly next door and parking was a small inconvenience during Lunch and Dinner time.

All Staff members were excellent. Had a little issue with the television and a gentleman came up IMMEDIATELY and switched TVs. As mentioned earlier, the entire staff were wonderful.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Fair for price.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The lobby was not that clean and although the workers were attempting to clean up post breakfast there were leaves and dirt in the foyer upon late check in. There is nobody cleaning the tables during breakfast so you need to clean your space before eating. Rooms need updating. Bathrooms, especially around toilet were not clean.

The breakfast included is a great idea to include for the price with lots of basic options. Great for family to have breakfast included.

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

Great location. Friendly staff. Clean room. Very accommodating to your needs. Great breakfast.

Air condition in our room is a bit noisy but it's ok.

Easy access to the hi way & it's easy to find. Very accommodating & friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

Good nights sleep

The décor was a little worn and the front of house was not very clean. Breakfast closed at 9am which was earlier than expected. I turned up at 9.10am and couldn't be served breakfast. If these two small points could be addressed then the service and appeal would be excellent.

The room was clean, the bed was very comfortable and I got a really good nights sleep. The staff were really friendly and helpful. I thought that the hotel was very good value for money. There is a very nice restaurant next door which I would recommend.

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

Great access to everything!

The location is optimum! Walking distance to everything and beautiful views. I have stayed here a number of times in the past as I have family nearby

Good for a weekend
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

Sheets weren't as soft as in other hotels I've stayed in for similar price range/star rating. Breakfast area was cramped as everyone was lined up on a Sunday morning.

Very clean and nice large king bed.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

Not good!!!
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The hotel wasn't clean. Hallways and floors were dirty. Other people staying there were creepy and rude, walking around in their pajamas etc. My room didn't get cleaned on my second day and I don't know why? The privacy card was not up. I had garbage. The guy across the hall was asking everyone to stop coming in and out because it was loud for him. I was put in a basement room when I checked in. I asked to move and they moved me to 3 which was nice.

Location for my reason for being there was good.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

Best stay ever

That I could not stay longer.

Absolutely fantastic. The staff is amazing, courteous, friendly, accommodating,smiling,so helpful. The room was amazing too. Very clean. No funny odours in the room. Amazing mattress. Best sleep ever. Great pillows. Nice breakfast bar downstairs. And very reasonable in price. Best stay ever.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

Nice but too noisy
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

It was too loud and noisy. The doors of the neighbouring rooms were constantly being abruptly opened and shut and when they shut, they are extremely loud to the point it sounds like the noise is coming from inside the room. I was woken up several times shaken by the noise.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Wouldn't stay again because of staff at check in, sheets and towels too rough, no tub
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

No tub, sheets were so rough on skin, staff at checkin very miserable, not accommodating at all, towels were rough on skin too

Shower head nice, need a tub, breakfast good

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

When booking.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

When booking. It makes it look like jakes restaurant is in the hotel but it is not. And I wasn't impressed by the room having no tub only a shower stall. We were on the 4th floor. Business level they call it and suppose to have a fourth floor room key to access 4th floor but everyone can get to it. They also charged us 129.00 plus faxes and fees. When I booked it showed total being 129.00. This was not a smooth stay for us a lot of surprises along the way. I usually go with Expedia or hotels.com and have never felt misled or ripped off before. It was not a pleasant experience for us. We were in Burlington for my wife's medical appointments. And we travel to Burlington at least 4-6 times a year. Not likely gonna use booking.com or stay at that quality hotel again. We don't need the added stress in our lives

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

If cleanliness is top of your must haves, don't consider this hotel

The place is dirty! Stains on the floor, stains on the sheets! The bathroom needs repairs, dirty. Would not return, not even to recommend it..

Location was easy to find, near highway

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

The bed was vey comfortable - good pillows.

The pool/hot tub shown in the pictures seems to have been closed permanently.

The bed was vey comfortable - good pillows. good selection for the breakfast buffet.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

Best nights sleep in a hotel in ages!

The TV remote would not change channels, I just gave up and went to sleep

The most comfortable hotel room I have stayed in for so long I can't remember!

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

Location was wonderful and it was convienent to have...

Bigger selection for Breakfast and the eggs could have been cooked a little more.

Location was wonderful and it was convienent to have Breakfast served at the hotel I had to call to have the hair dryer replaced, the bath tub needed to be unclogged and both issues were addressed immediately!

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

1 very small elevator.

1 very small elevator. Breakfast was horrible. Considering there is a restaurant on site, i find it appalling that they utilize a small breakfast nook for 200 people.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

Clean, comfortable, nice staff and better than most,...

Clean, comfortable, nice staff and better than most, breakfast offerings! Also the restaurant next door was good and other good ones near by for different menu selections.

• Reviewed: 2 September 2016

Will be going back for another stay.

We didn't have anything we didn't like. One thing needs a kettle for hot water. Or microwave cups for instant coffee that we brought.

Everything! Bed was comfortable, shower was terrific.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

Great location for attending sons basketball tournament. Would stay again.

Pool was a little cold. Could have been warmer. Breakfast was really crowded needed another waffle machine

Hotel was great. Good breakfast. Nice saltwater pool. Great location. Nice clean Hotel.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

Good night sleep

Clerk said breakfast was until 10am (during the week) while it was 9am. However the manager handle the situation, wich i have appreciated.

Room was clean and everything was in working order.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

Good budget choice

- Breakfast area is very small. It is very difficult to find a spot to sit. - Rooms (on the main floor) were ok. Could use some renovation. However, they worked well for us for easy access to outside.

- Staff were friendly and helpful. - Location close to the highway for easy access to Niagara Falls and downtown Toronto. - Jake restaurant next door was very convenient. Open late and the food was really good.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

For my needs, this was a perfect hotel.
    • Standard King Room - Non-Smoking

The physical plant is a bit old and the hallway carpets could do with a refresh at some point.

For my own very specific purposes this hotel was terrific. The staff, both front desk & housekeeping, could not have been more helpful and kind - especially as I was traveling with my large old dog. Bathrooms were nicely updated and spotlessly clean. 24 hr. coffee and tea was a nice bonus! Very close to the highway - but the thermal-pane windows are excellent so no noise leaked in.